PDA

View Full Version : The News From Around the League Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Clarkson Falls Down
12-04-2011, 20:25
figure we could use one of these, and probably should make an out of town scoreboard thread

Devilsfanatic
12-04-2011, 20:37
You're right, I've been thinking of the out of town scores.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-05-2011, 08:36
Matthew Barnaby. LOL.

jkrdevil
12-05-2011, 15:51
Dreger reporting realignment might be decided tonight.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-05-2011, 16:04
ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

Clarkson Falls Down
12-05-2011, 16:13
I can't wait to we see how we've been screwed this time. There is zero problem with the current system.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-05-2011, 17:49
Flyers beat writer:

DNFlyers Frank Seravalli
Report out of Board of Governors is that changes have been voted and verified for realignment. Details coming soon.

jkrdevil
12-05-2011, 17:57
Looks like 4-conference proposal passed.

jkrdevil
12-05-2011, 18:01
Of course during this anticipation for realignment results TG has to tweet out his travel delays.

jkrdevil
12-05-2011, 18:03
Bobby Mac now confirms. 4-conferences next year. Get ready to hate Pit, Phi, NYR, NYI, Was, and Car. Well we already hate all those teams.

Dr. Doom
12-05-2011, 18:06
We got jobbed so hard. The only team in our conference that can steadily make the playoffs is probably the Penguins.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-05-2011, 18:08
Bobby Mac now confirms. 4-conferences next year. Get ready to hate Pit, Phi, NYR, NYI, Was, and Car. Well we already hate all those teams.

Which is what I don't get. They say they want to foster rivalries - well, these rivalries have been fostered already.

jkrdevil
12-05-2011, 18:15
Which is what I don't get. They say they want to foster rivalries - well, these rivalries have been fostered already.

For the teams around the first divisional playoff rounds they are established. For the newer teams they need this. Take the Lightning for example I think the most they have ever played a team in the playoffs is twice, that is us. Carolina has fostered a rivalry with us, but basically no one else. And let's not even tough the west where there are much more newer teams. I think the big mistake the league made was moving away from the divisional playoffs when they started to expand. Those new teams have not been able to foster anything. The big problem before was 16 of 21 teams making it. I think it will be a nice balance now. Especially if they reseed after divisional/conference playoffs.

Not to mention some of timezone problems that have been fixed with this.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-05-2011, 18:21
What about scheduling, they are saying home and home against out of conference teams.

For the 7 team divisions that 6X6, 23X2 = 82

For the 8 team divisions that is 7X6, 22X2 = 86

So if I'm not messing up my math, this is uneven.

jkrdevil
12-05-2011, 18:24
What about scheduling, they are saying home and home against out of conference teams.

For the 7 team divisions that 6X6, 23X2 = 82

For the 8 team divisions that is 7X6, 22X2 = 86

So if I'm not messing up my math, this is uneven.

Conferences with 8 would basically be split. You play three teams 6 times, the other four 5 times.

Vinnie
12-05-2011, 18:28
I hope they name the conferences something other than Northeast, Atlantic, etc. I like the divisional playoffs though.

Dr. Doom
12-05-2011, 18:31
This makes signing Zach more important than ever. We are in the toughest conference in the NHL and if we want to have any chance of making the playoffs in the near future we need him.

I just hope that our conference isn't so beat up by the end of the season that they are dead for the playoffs.

I will be extremely impressed if we win the cup though.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-05-2011, 18:36
Well, I think that it sets up for a possible 2 team expansion then because I think it's a little better if every team plays their division partners 6 times.

jkrdevil
12-05-2011, 18:40
Well, I think that it sets up for a possible 2 team expansion then because I think it's a little better if every team plays their division partners 6 times.

Expansion would mean the 4 conference would likely be split into two 4-team divisions within then. You play you division 6 times, the other in your conference 4 times. 2 games vs all the teams in the other three conferences. That would be 82 games.

Lord Ned Stark
12-05-2011, 18:40
did anyone else have hiller in fantasy and think he was going to dominate this year

SLNP
12-05-2011, 18:41
detroit isn't going east. haha it's all over but the crying.

i'm glad they didn't just do a swap. I like it much better this way.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-05-2011, 18:51
TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
Four conference winners are seeded on total points, 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3, so an all-East or all-West final is possible.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-05-2011, 18:59
I would like it if they had the crossover rule, though.

Dr. Doom
12-05-2011, 19:13
You have to think that Washington doesn't like this. The teams that they play just got a lot more difficult.

Lord Ned Stark
12-05-2011, 19:22
fail 4 nail

jkrdevil
12-05-2011, 19:33
You have to think that Washington doesn't like this. The teams that they play just got a lot more difficult.

Washington loves this. They have been begging to get back in the Atlantic/Patrick division for years. They were probably one of the ones that drove this.

Guess what when you talk about alignment people tend to take a wider more long term view than how it is going to affect for the next 2-3 years.

Dr. Doom
12-05-2011, 19:38
Washington loves this. They have been begging to get back in the Atlantic/Patrick division for years. They were probably one of the ones that drove this.

Guess what when you talk about alignment people tend to take a wider more long term view than how it is going to affect for the next 2-3 years.
I'm more concerned about the future than the closer years though.

With forfeiting the 1st round pick we will have less talent, Marty will be retiring, Patty will be retiring, and Zach may not be around. I don't even want to think of the aftermath if both Zach and Zajac leave.

Saying all of this, you can't predict the future and for all I know maybe we end up being great and the Caps, Rags, and Flyers start to suck. There will be very little room for error for any team in the conference.

VaxjoDevil
12-05-2011, 19:45
No doubt we will be in a tough spot to make the PO in that conference.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-05-2011, 19:45
lol and here comes the expansion talk

god i hate this league sometimes

jkrdevil
12-05-2011, 19:48
lol and here comes the expansion talk

god i hate this league sometimes

The expansion talk is bullshit at this point.

devilzrule27
12-05-2011, 22:01
I don't like the playoff format.

Devilsfanatic
12-05-2011, 22:06
This falls on Kovalchuk. If he signs in Atlanta, they probably stay. Instead, we're doomed. Doomed! Damn you, Kovalchuk!

devilzrule27
12-05-2011, 22:07
that jerk!

Devilsfanatic
12-05-2011, 22:09
It's funny, you can blame him for almost anything.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-06-2011, 08:40
I don't like the playoff format.

That's the one thing that I'm not really liking. I'll get used to the scheduling format, 4 teams from each division, etc.

I think calling them conferences is stupid. Call them divisions and keep the conferences intact. The winner of each divisional playoffs plays the other division winner for the conference championship. That way they can keep the trophies and some sort of tradition.

I also think by having the conferences you can have a crossover rule, which can help prevent some scrub team from getting into the playoffs while the 5th best team in the other division (which very well could be someone in our division) goes home.

devilzrule27
12-06-2011, 09:15
I also find it funny that the AHL scrapped the ridiculous "4 teams from each division" make the playoffs. Best teams make it in. Why is that not the logical format?

Dr. Doom
12-06-2011, 09:39
I'll eventually get used to it, but right now I don't like it.

SLNP
12-06-2011, 09:52
anyone not listening to this Lambert vs. Steigerwald "interview" is missing out.

devilzrule27
12-06-2011, 09:55
it's hilarious. This "journalist" is insane.

devilzrule27
12-06-2011, 10:01
Steigerwald: Ovechkin's mother probably had a mustache cause she played basketball in the 70's so Alex must have taken steroids... yup

Devilsfanatic
12-06-2011, 12:58
Steigerwald: Ovechkin's mother probably had a mustache cause she played basketball in the 70's so Alex must have taken steroids... yup

What the hell?

guyincognito
12-06-2011, 14:49
The format blows. It's too insular, frankly it's boring, I like the more open approach they have to the playoffs now. Home and homing the entire league is lame as well. Now you play one home date against the rest of the league, but 3 against your division. Still not as bad as the '08 Divisionamania experiment, but not great either.

Devilsfanatic
12-06-2011, 15:00
They should have just put all the teams in a pool, and let the owners draft which conference/division they're in at the start of every year. it would be a ratings bonanza.

VaxjoDevil
12-07-2011, 13:01
NYP_Brooksie Larry Brooks
Beyond me how anyone could endorse fighting in NHL (or hockey) in aftermath of John Branch's landmark work in Times on Boogaard.

Read all three episodes and watched the pretty disgusting interview with Bettman on the NYT site. Would love if someone takes the time to read it and discuss. It's long, though. All three parts is almost 15 newspaper pages.

devilzrule27
12-09-2011, 08:41
CAR trades Kaberle to MTL for Spacek, as per @darrendreger.

Good luck with that Montreal.

On the Carolina end this may end any chance of them letting Faulk go to the WJC. That would be a blow to the USA.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-09-2011, 08:46
oh man I hope he plays tomorrow

brit
12-09-2011, 08:47
Wow.

Gotta admit, I kicked Kaberle's tires in the summer. Glad Lou never did.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-09-2011, 08:47
One washed up d-man for another. Obviously Muller liked Spacek.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-09-2011, 08:52
One washed up d-man for another. Obviously Muller liked Spacek.

except Spacek's contract expires after this year and Kaberle has 2 more years lol

horrible for MTL

Devilsfanatic
12-09-2011, 08:56
If you want to dump a stupid contract, call MTL it seems. Wow.

And Kaberle wearing Habs blue/red will burn leafs fans WAY more than the Bruin sweater did. Although, they got Joe Colborne and a 1st for that piece of garbage :laugh:

Clarkson Falls Down
12-09-2011, 08:58
except Spacek's contract expires after this year and Kaberle has 2 more years lol

horrible for MTL

Jeez. And they have Markov signed for another 2 years at 5.75 - which was such a bad contract that Gauthier should be fired. How do you give that contract to someone who has played 52 games the past 3 seasons?

Devilsfanatic
12-09-2011, 09:12
Pronger out indefinitely with concussion like symptoms.

I'd laugh about the Flyers being stuck with that contract, but, they'll get out of it during the lockout with some Snider/Bettman voodoo.

But as it stands, that contract for the Flyers is a real.................headache.

Dr. Doom
12-09-2011, 09:28
CAR trades Kaberle to MTL for Spacek, as per @darrendreger.

Good luck with that Montreal.

On the Carolina end this may end any chance of them letting Faulk go to the WJC. That would be a blow to the USA.
What a horrible trade for the Habs. I'm going to make fun of my friend that is a Habs fan.

Pronger out indefinitely with concussion like symptoms.

I'd laugh about the Flyers being stuck with that contract, but, they'll get out of it during the lockout with some Snider/Bettman voodoo.

But as it stands, that contract for the Flyers is a real.................headache.
This is good news for us. The Flyers are a completely different team without Pronger. It isn't good to hear of an athlete being hurt, even though I hate Pronger.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-09-2011, 12:48
very Saugus-esque post, Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom
12-09-2011, 12:55
very Saugus-esque post, Dr. Doom
Sweet mother of god, what have I done!

Devilsfanatic
12-09-2011, 12:56
I agree. It is very Saugus-esque.

I agree. What have you done?

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-09-2011, 12:57
say Pronger is finished (I'm sure hes not, but who knows). can the Flyers just leave Pronger on LTIR for basically the rest of his career to skirt the cap?

Dr. Doom
12-09-2011, 12:59
say Pronger is finished (I'm sure hes not, but who knows). can the Flyers just leave Pronger on LTIR for basically the rest of his career to skirt the cap?
There is no avoiding the cap since it is a 35+ contract. It is just like what our situation was with Rolston.

Devilsfanatic
12-09-2011, 13:00

Probably. Snider will find a way to get Bettman to do it.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-09-2011, 13:07
There is no avoiding the cap since it is a 35+ contract. It is just like what our situation was with Rolston.

we LTIR'd rolston last year though for some time, did we not?

Big#D
12-09-2011, 13:08

Pronger could be a douche and retire, screwing the team over with the cap hit and needing to find a replacement or he can be a douche screwing over everyone else by forgoing retirement, staying on LTIR, having the team need to find a replacement, while getting paid for doing it.

I'm pretty sure I know which kind of douch Chris Pronger really is.

Dr. Doom
12-09-2011, 13:09
I agree. It is very Saugus-esque.

I agree. What have you done?
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvwoecZvQn1r6zilto1_500.gif

Getzo5
12-09-2011, 13:10
Gauthier is an idiot. Adding another horrible contract to his list. I really feel for Habs fans. My buddy knows Plekanec personally and says he chuckled when they announced Markov`s signing. I can imagine. lol

As for Pronger, he might be damn near. The contract is awful. As much as I hate to see any player injured, and I kind of like Pronger (at times), this might be good for us. That said, have you seen him this season? He still has a shot and a very good first pass, but oh my, is he slow. Derian Hatcher-esque.

Big#D
12-09-2011, 13:12
Flyers fans perspective:

Richards deal is starting to have massive alarm bells.

Because he was traded for Schenn and Simmonds which looks horrible right now, or because he was forced out so Pronger could be captain and never play, or for "cap space" for Bryz who isn't living up to his contract by a mile?

Or all of the above?

You forgot the all of the above option.

Getzo5
12-09-2011, 13:14
Not surprised to see comments like those. Not one bit.

I still think Schenn will be an impact player for them though.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-09-2011, 13:18
its too early to judge the trade either way.

conversely, I have plenty of Flyer fan friends who hated carter and richards and were convinced they were the problem. no matter what they would have been happy with those 2 gone

Dr. Doom
12-09-2011, 13:22
we LTIR'd rolston last year though for some time, did we not?
We did, but I believe that opened up a roster spot that would have been taken up if he wasn't on IR/LTIR. I don't think it had any cap effects. This is also when Zach was already hurt so the cap problem kind of disappeared.

its too early to judge the trade either way.

conversely, I have plenty of Flyer fan friends who hated carter and richards and were convinced they were the problem. no matter what they would have been happy with those 2 gone
Definitely way too early to judge the trade. Simmons was playing well for them earlier in the season and if Schenn turns into the player he is supposed to be I think the Flyers made a good trade. The other side is that Richards is still a great player and they had him locked up for a long time.

guyincognito
12-09-2011, 14:57
I just think Peter is a cancer. I mean this is the same guy who came up with the Dry Island BS while he's all up in the area of a "sideline reporter". And she seemed to enjoy it a bit and probably enjoyed it even more at the hotel.

He's married with kids. Don't preach morality if you can't hold up your end of the bargain. Pronger is probably no prized pig in that department either

Getzo5
12-09-2011, 15:10
I just think Peter is a cancer. I mean this is the same guy who came up with the Dry Island BS while he's all up in the area of a "sideline reporter". And she seemed to enjoy it a bit and probably enjoyed it even more at the hotel.

He's married with kids. Don't preach morality if you can't hold up your end of the bargain. Pronger is probably no prized pig in that department eitherHaven`t heard about this yet. Probably missed it. Care to elaborate?

guyincognito
12-09-2011, 15:14
Haven`t heard about this yet. Probably missed it. Care to elaborate?

Him and a "reporter" named Charissa Thompson had a bunch of really weird in-game interviews as body language goes. It stuck out like a sore thumb, it'd be like say, Pierre rubbing up on Sidney Crosby in an interview. I would be stunned if he wasn't hitting that.

Then she went to ESPN, and well, at ESPN I'm pretty sure she's busy.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-09-2011, 15:39
in his defense, Charissa Thompson is hot

jkrdevil
12-09-2011, 15:40
LTIR is how we got out from under Mogilny.

Dr. Doom
12-09-2011, 15:41
LTIR is how we got out from under Mogilny.
That was a while ago and I can't really remember how we managed to do that, but I don't think it is as easy anymore. I believe that was back when the 35+ contracts weren't understood as well. Could anyone supply a more logical explanation of how we were able to get away with it?

Devilsfanatic
12-09-2011, 15:43
They might get an amnesty for a year, but to put him on for six seasons? I donno.

And Doom, the 35+ rule came in during the lockout. I wonder if the GM's viewed it as an idle threat?

devilzrule27
12-09-2011, 15:44
Aren't the Flyers currently doing this with Ian Laperriere. he's a 35+ contract

Devilsfanatic
12-09-2011, 15:52
Probably. Why retire when you can continually get paid?

Getzo5
12-09-2011, 16:43
Him and a "reporter" named Charissa Thompson had a bunch of really weird in-game interviews as body language goes. It stuck out like a sore thumb, it'd be like say, Pierre rubbing up on Sidney Crosby in an interview. I would be stunned if he wasn't hitting that.

Then she went to ESPN, and well, at ESPN I'm pretty sure she's busy.Hahaha ok, I know who she is, just thought it was something bigger than that. But I wouldn`t be surprised either, that`s for sure.

VaxjoDevil
12-09-2011, 18:16
Who's banging Charissa Thompson?

Devilsfanatic
12-09-2011, 18:29
Who's banging Charissa Thompson?

Well, I was. But now so is Laviolette, apparently?

Lord Ned Stark
12-09-2011, 20:05
i picked RNH in the fantasy draft in like the 7th round and hes the one saving my team

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 18:38
Warrior hockey apparently made a new type of helmet. I noticed both Chara and Zetterberg. No model of skates from them yet.

VaxjoDevil
12-10-2011, 18:52
My Warrior stick is just absolutely awesome. I'm getting a little hooked on their stuff.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 18:57
I have Eastons.

VaxjoDevil
12-10-2011, 18:59
Never tried Easton. See a LOT of coaches got them though at the rink I go to. The Warrior is so light and responsive.

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 19:27
Just for the record - looks similar to Easton/Messier helmet. Not bad.

guyincognito
12-10-2011, 20:46
Speaking of Messier, I see he finally decided to grace the alumni game with his prescence. I hope Lindros falls on him and breaks a couple of his ribs

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 20:49
I hope they keill each other.

Getzo5
12-11-2011, 06:22
I hope they keill each other.Seconded. Unfortunately, it`s very unlikely.

njdevsfn95
12-11-2011, 08:19
Messier will cry creating a puddle on the ice, melting it through to the boards beneath. Lindros, skating with his head down, is unaware of this hazard. He unwittingly skates straight towards it and loses his edge.

The rest is history.

Devilsfanatic
12-11-2011, 08:20
Hopefully. Man, **** those guys. Two of the biggest d-bags to ever play the game.

Getzo5
12-11-2011, 08:28
Jagr scored his 656th goal and is now tied with Brendan Shanahan.

"He tried to suspend me" Jagr joked, "but I said: And how would you do that? I don`t have a single hit this season." :D

Devilsfanatic
12-11-2011, 08:31
I really, really, really wanted to sign him this off-season.

Parise-Zajac-Jagr?

Yes please.

selyar
12-11-2011, 10:04
i hope with all these games going to OT patty has a chance to pass Jagr in the OT goals department

JimEIV
12-11-2011, 11:52
I think I'm going to the up coming Carolina game in Carolina. 12/26.

Lord Ned Stark
12-11-2011, 14:43
whoooooooooooooooops

Lord Ned Stark
12-11-2011, 14:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXv5-WsRdoU&feature=g-all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkdjQJwBN5I&feature=channel_video_title

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-12-2011, 10:50
Crosby out indefinitely

man thats awful

Devilsfanatic
12-12-2011, 10:51
I know. They can buy a new Crosby, what am I gon' do about my fantasy team, Charlie Murphy???

Getzo5
12-12-2011, 10:56
Crosby out indefinitely

man thats awfulMany (including me) called it before. He`s a 5ft11 forward going for deflections and playing along the boards. He`s not Boo-urns or Bergeron. I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again, this is what I think the rest of his career will look like. Sadly enough.

I might be wrong though. Wish I was.

Dr. Doom
12-12-2011, 11:01
I can't stand Crosby, but you have to feel bad for him. He is easily the best player in the league and he can't play.

VaxjoDevil
12-12-2011, 11:03
Out again? This is sad as hell.

Dr. Doom
12-12-2011, 11:08
It is more of precaution than it affecting his play, but when he has a lot of his career and life ahead of him, how can you blame him?

Devilsfanatic
12-12-2011, 14:56
Terry Murray fired in LA.

Getzo5
12-12-2011, 15:38
The team was underachieving. Not moving forward. Such a talented group obviously needs a different coach. Good move IMO.

Well, depends on who will replace him.

selyar
12-12-2011, 15:40
coach number 11 to be hired in 2011

Getzo5
12-12-2011, 18:34
LightningTimes Damian Cristodero
Miettinen contract clearly meant to scare waiver hunters away: 2 years, $1.5 million per (pro-rated this year), $500K bonus, no-move clause.
3 minutes ago

Ugly.

Dr. Doom
12-13-2011, 09:05
As in the Flames current coach or his brother?

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-13-2011, 09:07
concussion for Giroux

Krinkle
12-13-2011, 09:14
As in the Flames current coach or his brother?

I would imagine his brother because LA isn't exactly close to Otter Elbow, Manitoba or wherever the **** he was homesick for.

Big#D
12-13-2011, 09:58
I would imagine his brother because LA isn't exactly close to Otter Elbow, Manitoba or wherever the **** he was homesick for.

I thought his mom had/has cancer and he wanted to be close to home. Western Canadian mommas boys.

Getzo5
12-13-2011, 11:11
WPG placed Arturs Kulda on waivers. I`ve always liked that kid. Solid young shutdown D.

guyincognito
12-13-2011, 14:03
That team would be a good fit for Brent. lol. Instead his brother will take off and Brent will get shitcanned

Krinkle
12-13-2011, 17:20
I thought his mom had/has cancer and he wanted to be close to home. Western Canadian mommas boys.

That'd be the first I've heard of it.

JimEIV
12-13-2011, 18:29
Sutter's wife had cancer and he wanted to be close to home....

JimEIV
12-13-2011, 18:31
Big third period .....please show up and please bench the 4th line.

JimEIV
12-13-2011, 18:32
My wife said, "a "c" and an "a" inthe box is so wrong"

JimEIV
12-13-2011, 18:33
Where is that big short???

Dr. Doom
12-13-2011, 21:44
I don't know where else to put this, but it is one of my favorite hockey documentaries ever. I've been trying to find it forever and found it tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up-_w06G9bc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuW4l3CHMII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki0Q9oU13Dk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXnxS80FrUo

Dr. Doom
12-13-2011, 21:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv0WaCqj5Ts

Krinkle
12-14-2011, 07:26
Sutter's wife had cancer and he wanted to be close to home....

Oh well don't I feel like a ****. Didn't know that. And he surely didn't announce that when he left and the subsequently took another head coaching job.

Getzo5
12-14-2011, 08:32
DownGoesBrown Down Goes Brown
Giroux concussed. Now Michalek concussed. It's possible Phil Kessel is sneaking around and injuring anyone who passes him in a scoring race.
9 minutes ago

haha

JimEIV
12-14-2011, 08:41
I wish I could watch games all around the league like I used to. I particularly like watching NCAA games.

vonbonds
12-14-2011, 09:02
I wish I could watch games all around the league like I used to. I particularly like watching NCAA games.

Get Center Ice or NHL Gamecenter. I went with the online version since Center Ice doesn't offer HD in my area.

JimEIV
12-14-2011, 09:12
I mean I just don't have it in me to watch all those games anymore. If the devils aren't playing I usually just put on NHL On the Fly on the NHL network. It is like hockey cliffnotes

Getzo5
12-14-2011, 09:19
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/12/14/bolland_canucks/

"Well, they'll never become Hawks," Bolland told WGN Radio in Chicago. "I don't think we'd let them on our team. That'd probably be one thing. We'd be sure not to let them on our team. And, yeah, they probably still would be sisters. I think they might sleep in, like, bunk beds. The older one has the bottom one, the younger one's got the top."

"There's a lot of weirdos there," Bolland said. "You don't want to be out there too long."

"Typical, pulling hair and biting people. Sort of like a little girl," Bolland told the local Chicago newspaper. "But things happen during games. Stuff like that isn't meant for hockey. So some of those things have to be taken care of." Bolland takes shot at Sedins and the Canucks.

Dave <3

JimEIV
12-14-2011, 09:21
Talk less do more Bolland.

Getzo5
12-14-2011, 09:33
Talk less do more Bolland.Not sure what you`re referring to.

vonbonds
12-14-2011, 09:38
Not sure what you`re referring to.

An article on Boland calling out the Sedin twins and I think a few others on the Nucks. I don't get into trash talk stuff so I didn't read the article.

Devilsfanatic
12-14-2011, 09:43
Talk less do more Bolland.

Bolland 1 Cup, Memorial Cup Champion, World Junior Gold medalist, excellent shutdown center.

Sedins 1 Olympic Gold, point scorers, ballerinas, homosexuals

Bolland does more than the sisters. I love Bolsy.

vonbonds
12-14-2011, 09:51
Bolland 1 Cup, Memorial Cup Champion, World Junior Gold medalist, excellent shutdown center.

Sedins 1 Olympic Gold, point scorers, ballerinas, homosexuals

Bolland does more than the sisters. I love Bolsy.

LOL :laugh::lol:

Getzo5
12-14-2011, 09:52
http://www.goonblog.com/images/Two-Girls-No-Cup_AB6D/sedin-sisters-2-girls-no-cup_thumb.jpg

An article on Boland calling out the Sedin twins and I think a few others on the Nucks. I don't get into trash talk stuff so I didn't read the article.Eeeeh, I get that. But even though he might not like trash talking:

A) Bolland is right.
B) Has proved himself before, especially against the Canucks.

Hence why I asked the question.

JimEIV
12-14-2011, 09:58
Not sure what you`re referring to.

Yeah, I just don't like PROFESSIONAL athletes talking **** in public. On the ice, everything goes but the media trash is simply unprofessional IMO.

Getzo5
12-14-2011, 10:03
Yeah, I just don't like PROFESSIONAL athletes talking **** in public. On the ice, everything goes but the media trash is simply unprofessional IMO.It`s a part of hockey. As classy as this game is, trash talking is a part of it, you have to accept that. Sometimes it`s fun and a good way to heat up the rivalries. Honestly, I don`t mind as long as it`s not something like Avery did. That`s crossing the line.

JimEIV
12-14-2011, 10:06
I would fine him if he was my player.

Getzo5
12-14-2011, 10:16
Doubt that happens, but maybe the will. Lou certainly would.

vonbonds
12-14-2011, 10:18
Can you fine a player for making comments in the press? I find it highly likely the NHLPA wouldn't let that fly.

JimEIV
12-14-2011, 10:19
Well, first time maybe not. First time he has to report to the office and he is reminded that when he speaks, he is representing the organization.

JimEIV
12-14-2011, 10:21
Can you fine a player for making comments in the press? I find it highly likely the NHLPA wouldn't let that fly.

There probably are some union issues with that...matter of fact I can't recall ever hearing about team sanctioned fines? Only league.

Devilsfanatic
12-14-2011, 11:09
Yeah, I just don't like PROFESSIONAL athletes talking **** in public. On the ice, everything goes but the media trash is simply unprofessional IMO.

The younger ones all do that. And it's stuff that he'd say to their face. If a vet like Recchi let it be known, then I don't blame Bolsy either.

Tao Jones
12-14-2011, 17:53
Bob McKenzie

"I have no interest whatsoever in trading Eric Staal or Cam Ward. That's not going to happen." -- Jim Rutherford

jkrdevil
12-14-2011, 18:55
Anyone have a stream for HBO 24/7?

VaxjoDevil
12-14-2011, 19:58
Bolland is a little twat for saying that **** in public, he can go to hell. I have no respect whatsoever for a little POS like that.

JimEIV
12-14-2011, 20:36
Bolland is a little twat for saying that **** in public, he can go to hell. I have no respect whatsoever for a little POS like that.

Oh you're just saying that because he was talking about the Swedish Sisters ;)

VaxjoDevil
12-14-2011, 20:53
Oh you're just saying that because he was talking about the Swedish Sisters ;)

Of course. And because they are good players that get so much **** and I'm sick of it. Now I can get that fans pull crap like that, but a player to media, it's an embarrassment to the game, not less that Avery's sloppy seconds comment, which at least was funny. And that **** almost ended his NHL career.

Lord Ned Stark
12-14-2011, 21:16
arite.. kanes goal was pretty cool.. i'm not going to hate on it because yea it took a lot of skill to pull those moves.. at the same time, i think it exemplifies why the shootout is stupid. who agrees

JimEIV
12-14-2011, 21:17
I think he could have gotten his point across in a classier way as well.

VaxjoDevil
12-14-2011, 22:05
I think he could have gotten his point across in a classier way as well.

He was trying to be funny, I guess. Problem is when a tard like that tries to be funny, it's like a monkey climbing a tree. The higher he climbs the more you see of his ***.

You said it best. Play more and talk less.

Getzo5
12-15-2011, 04:29
Jaromir Jagr’s legend as a fitness freak is growing.

When the Flyers were staying in California recently, linemates Hartnell, Claude Giroux and Jagr roomed together.

“Me and Claude went to bed at 11:30, and Jaromir put on a 40-pound vest and said he was going for a run,” Hartnell said. “It was like, ‘Holy smokes, this guy is (almost) 40 years old and is doing this. He’s incredible. Me and Claude looked at each other like, ‘Should we go with him?’ We’re his linemates.’

:laugh: love it.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-15-2011, 08:18
Jesus, that's nuts.

VaxjoDevil
12-15-2011, 08:45
Say what you want about 24/7, but that stuff is incredibly well made. I like the series more this year. More fun teams to follow somehow.

Devilsfanatic
12-15-2011, 08:46
Ugh, it makes me want to vomit. I hate getting intimate with those two teams.

The Devils probably make their way into an episode somewhere with the 20th game. They'll want to feature that rivalry somehow.

VaxjoDevil
12-15-2011, 08:56
Gotta take a step back as a fan to enjoy it, I guess. But I don't hate the Flyers too much, so that's easier for me.

Bryz sounds like a college kid smoking pot, lol.

Devilsfanatic
12-15-2011, 09:01
As a hockey fan, it's great. As an NJD fan, I'm sick to my stomach watching these guys. And watching the Rangers off the ice just makes me hate them even more.

VaxjoDevil
12-15-2011, 09:03
Boyle and Callahan seem to be pretty awesome guys. Love when the little kid says "my favorite sport is chess" and Callahan goes "you seem to be more of a thinker than me". Prust is just showing off for cameras, annoying. Del Zotto, get him out of the camera, so boring.

Devilsfanatic
12-15-2011, 09:05
Avery and Lundqvist are raging homosexuals as well.

VaxjoDevil
12-15-2011, 09:08
Avery and Lundqvist are raging homosexuals as well.

You need to get some homo friends, bro. They're fun to be around.

Devilsfanatic
12-15-2011, 09:09
All my friends like WoW so they're pretty homo to me.

Getzo5
12-15-2011, 09:09
I`m going to watch it now. Last year`s episodes helped me hate the Pens less. Let`s see how it affects my hate towards these two teams.

VaxjoDevil
12-15-2011, 09:13
I`m going to watch it now. Last year`s episodes helped me hate the Pens less. Let`s see how it affects my hate towards these two teams.

Since you like Tortorella already, you'll probably not like him less after watching it. Sharp guy.

Devilsfanatic
12-15-2011, 09:15
Smarter than Laviolette. He's an idiot. An inarticulate moron.

VaxjoDevil
12-15-2011, 09:17
Smarter than Laviolette. He's an idiot. An inarticulate moron.

Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning, lol.

VaxjoDevil
12-15-2011, 09:22
Prust moroning with Anisimov in the locker room, just because he's on the camera, look at Avery's face. He's like "what the **** is with this idiot".

Devilsfanatic
12-15-2011, 09:22
Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning, lol.

I hate Latoilet.

Getzo5
12-15-2011, 09:27
Mike Danton is going to play for Znojmo. (Czech club, Austrian league)

Devilsfanatic
12-15-2011, 09:28
He keeps moving because every team has Frost hanging over them so they cut him.

VaxjoDevil
12-15-2011, 10:20
I really can't stand Prust.

Devilsfanatic
12-15-2011, 14:27
After seeing concussion Drs., PHI's Chris Pronger won't be playing anytime soon and I won't be surprised he doesn't play rest of season.

Oof.

Getzo5
12-15-2011, 14:44
I really can't stand Prust.You`d kill for a guy like Prust. I can`t stand Avery. Good thing Dubinsky had just five seconds of fame.

Sucks for Pronger. Prongs, Skinner, Crosby, Michalek, Giroux. Uh oh.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-15-2011, 15:36
You`d kill for a guy like Prust. I can`t stand Avery. Good thing Dubinsky had just five seconds of fame.

Sucks for Pronger. Prongs, Skinner, Crosby, Michalek, Giroux. Uh oh.

Yeah, I'm with you. We need guys like Prust on the bottom 6, not 2 goons.

And yeah, there's not many players in the league I dislike more than Avery and Dubinsky.

Getzo5
12-15-2011, 15:49
If the other two (probably more) are (off the top of my head) Burrows and Cooke, welcome aboard. haha

jkrdevil
12-15-2011, 16:47
Official per Holmgren: Pronger out for the season

VaxjoDevil
12-15-2011, 18:52
I was talking about Prust in the 24/7, can't stand his forced monkey **** just because the cameras are there. Avery's face when Prust is talking about Anisimov's gun is priceless: "what is that idiot doing"-expression.

But in any case, I would not kill anyone to have Prust on my team.

brit
12-16-2011, 02:24
Sucks for Pronger. No need to risk his future health. The situation reminds me of Stevens. Severe PCS is not something to **** with.

VaxjoDevil
12-16-2011, 16:22
Maybe we'll get rid of Milbury on TV soon after the latest news.

Milbury's son plays for the Blazers, and he serves as an assistant coach for the team. According to witnesses, the son repeatedly got into it with an opposing player throughout the game. The two chirped at each other the entire game, and at one point the elder Milbury yelled at the kid to get off the ice. Blackhawk coaches yelled from their side that Milbury should mind his own business.

One Blackhawk parent who did not want to be named says that while the victim is a "punk," Milbury's son is "a dirty player and a bigger punk, and not that good of a hockey player." According to this message board posting from the night of the incident, Milbury's son was playing "like it is MMA on ice" and used foul language the entire game, racking up multiple penalties.

After the game, the teams held a shootout just for fun. During this, according to witnesses, Milbury's son tried to pick a fight with the Blackhawk player. Coaches from both teams went on to the ice to break it up, and at this point, says a Blackhawks parent, Milbury grabbed the victim's facemask and screamed at him, asking "What did you say to my son?" Milbury allegedly lifted the kid off the ground and shook him, yelling obscenities all the while, before dropping him roughly to the ice.

:laugh: Nothing make people do and say dumber things than being parents. So this "Blackhawk parent" had to put in there that the kid is not a good player? :laugh: The amount of times I wanted to punch kids' parents at games...

guyincognito
12-16-2011, 21:28
Ah, professionals being involved in youth sports.... WHAT CAN GO WRONG?!

VaxjoDevil
12-16-2011, 21:34

To me, he seems to have the temperament of an alcoholic, the ones I know at least. :laugh:

VaxjoDevil
12-16-2011, 22:08
Both CBC and NBC has taken Milbury off air, at least for now.

vonbonds
12-17-2011, 06:15

Lol :lol:

jkrdevil
12-17-2011, 07:09
Habs fire Jacques Martin

Clarkson Falls Down
12-17-2011, 09:00
Habs always making big moves before games with the Devils it seems.

jkrdevil
12-17-2011, 09:54
Habs always making big moves before games with the Devils it seems.

Looking back at old schedules the Devils were the first team the Habs played after the Roy/Trembley game and the trade in 95-96.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-17-2011, 11:33
Turris traded to Ottawa for Rundblad and a 2nd. I think that's a bad trade for Ottawa.

doc e
12-17-2011, 12:40
Turris traded to Ottawa for Rundblad and a 2nd. I think that's a bad trade for Ottawa.

Agreed. Runblad is their top prospect by FAR, no?

And what's Turris' contract situation? Is this just a rental?

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-17-2011, 13:46
hes signed this year and next i think

jkrdevil
12-17-2011, 14:11
Turris also doesn't become UFA for another 5 years I believe, unless they lower the UFA age again (which I doubt).

Devilsfanatic
12-17-2011, 14:46
Ottawa was absolutely hosed. What a stupid deal by Sylvester.

Tao Jones
12-17-2011, 19:56
Milbury doesn’t deny that he grabbed the player, but he is adamant that he caused the boy no physical harm. He contends that he restrained the boy by the sweater and swore at him while Jack Hauswirth, the head coach on Milbury’s team, similarly restrained Milbury’s child.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2011/12/milbury_i_dont.html

VaxjoDevil
12-17-2011, 20:21
‘‘The last thing [the player in sweater No. 10] said to Jake was, ‘What are you going to do now, tough guy, hit me with a shoe?!’’ said Milbury. ‘‘Thank you, YouTube.’’

That kid is quick. It's funnier than the totally retarded Thelma and Louise comment.

Tao Jones
12-17-2011, 20:54
‘‘The last thing [the player in sweater No. 10] said to Jake was, ‘What are you going to do now, tough guy, hit me with a shoe?!’’ said Milbury. ‘‘Thank you, YouTube.’’

That kid is quick. It's funnier than the totally retarded Thelma and Louise comment.

YouTube's fault.

Milbury should have grabbed his own kid if he didn't want them to fight.

Chirping is a psychological part of the game. Kids on both sides were giving it to each other. Milbury blames the opposing coach for not stopping the profanity and then uses profanity himself.

VaxjoDevil
12-17-2011, 20:55
YouTube's fault.

Milbury should have grabbed his own kid if he didn't want them to fight.

Chirping is a psychological part of the game. Kids on both sides were giving it to each other. Milbury blames the opposing coach for not stopping the profanity and then uses profanity himself.

Yeah.

And sure, before YouTube nobody knew anything about Milbury and a shoe.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-17-2011, 22:11
Yeah.

And sure, before YouTube nobody knew anything about Milbury and a shoe.

Of course lol. Because that's all that my dad talks about when it comes to Milbury - he used to be a Bruins fan before there was the Devils and that's my first recollection of this clown.

Milbury's lost.

Tao Jones
12-18-2011, 22:21
Comment winner:

BradleyPark wrote:

What kind of place is this, where other kids mock a kid for being named Milbury, and the kid named Weiner is left alone?

But in all seriousness, I feel bad for the Milbury kid. He gets mocked for something his father did 20 years before he was born, he stands up to the kid mocking him, then his father takes him out of the shootout to punish him and jumps in himself. Can you imagine how his schoolmates must be treating him?

12/18/2011 12:45 PM EST

source: Boston Globe

edit: my middle name is Everett (where the taunting opposing kid is from) so maybe I'm biased. It's my mother's maiden name, but don't try using it for my password.

I use another question. :cool:

Getzo5
12-19-2011, 09:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jc10aIXBQnk

haha

Dr. Doom
12-19-2011, 09:58
Us goalies have to entertain ourselves somehow haha

selyar
12-19-2011, 10:58
since i can't see the video cause it's blocked at work, i'm assuming it's the dancing goalie i keep hearing about?

it sounds hysterical

Getzo5
12-19-2011, 11:02
since i can't see the video cause it's blocked at work, i'm assuming it's the dancing goalie i keep hearing about?

it sounds hystericalWatch it at home, check HF, I posted one more there. It is hilarious.

selyar
12-19-2011, 11:12
will do.

i played field hockey in high school and our goalie used to dance and sing too. sometimes when i was playing sweeper i was back there with her. my coach was not as amused as we were.

obviously, our team was rather good at keeping the ball in the other end. :)

Getzo5
12-20-2011, 11:02
Ourand_SBJ John Ourand
Top NHL game on cable: Versus' CHI-MIN match on Wed drew 540K viewers. More than 3,350 shows had a higher viewership on cable last week.
13 minutes ago

:laugh:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kuzvmjZUEE1qzeyh0.gif

Clarkson Falls Down
12-20-2011, 12:51
lol fitting gif

Clarkson Falls Down
12-20-2011, 13:01
Get a load of this too. Games involving the Rangers are 3 of the 4 lowest viewed Versus games this year

http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/versus-ratings-from-last-week/

guyincognito
12-20-2011, 13:19
Is this typical, or did they finally oversaturate the product on VS? lol

Getzo5
12-20-2011, 15:34
Get a load of this too. Games involving the Rangers are 3 of the 4 lowest viewed Versus games this year

http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/versus-ratings-from-last-week/Well, despite what common wisdom says, Rangers are one of the most boring teams to watch, not the Devils. Not even last year`s Lemaire`s Devils.

Our local boards are filled with hockey junkies (Pens/Avs/Ducks/Kings... fans) and many of them watch games all around the league. They all hate watching the Rangers. Coincidence? I don`t think so.

jkrdevil
12-20-2011, 16:55

http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/versus-ratings-from-last-week/

Is this typical, or did they finally oversaturate the product on VS? lol

In fairness for the first half the game involving the teams that are on most frequently (Phi, Pens, NYR, Bost, DET, Chi) have been blacked out locally in those markets. VS. increased the number of games this year from about 60 to about 90, but the league didn't increase the number of times an individual team can be on exclusive. That means for the team with a higher frequency some of them have to be blacked out locally in the market. They also stacked those black out games all in the first half for the most part outside of the Wednesday games.

Plus those Rangers-Kings, Rangers-Ducks games were the Europe games played during the day in the middle of the week and blacked out locally in NY. Meaning the only home audience for the games was 9 am local time.

Dr. Doom
12-27-2011, 11:33
Lundqvist sucks!

That is all.

Getzo5
12-27-2011, 13:25
Lundqvist sucks!

That is all.I second this. The only goalie on Olympics I wasn`t afraid of. Guess what. We beat them in regulation.

VaxjoDevil
12-27-2011, 14:17
I am going so far as to say that Lundqvist could possibly be dominant in a way that they will change some rule. Probably equipment. Because as incredibly efficient as his style is, it's boring to watch. The acrobatic goalie with stickhandling skills is dying away and being replaced with staying in the goal covering the net to the max. It sucks for "entertainment".

guyincognito
12-27-2011, 14:40
Lundqvist sucks!

That is all.

Hey, don't go too far out on a limb, because you could end up marrying a rival fan and change your viewpoint drastically!

Clarkson Falls Down
12-27-2011, 14:49
I am going so far as to say that Lundqvist could possibly be dominant in a way that they will change some rule. Probably equipment. Because as incredibly efficient as his style is, it's boring to watch. The acrobatic goalie with stickhandling skills is dying away and being replaced with staying in the goal covering the net to the max. It sucks for "entertainment".

Yeah, he's a good goaltender, but just terribly boring to watch. Guys like Marty, even Thomas, are really fun to watch.

Goalies have become too cookie cutter.

guyincognito
12-27-2011, 14:54
I would like to see him play his true size in the net and see what he can do. He's not much bigger than Moose, and the net coverage isn't the same.

Maybe he'd be more "skilled" and less angle oriented if half of his playing weight wasn't equipment, who knows? lol.

ILikeItVeryMuch
12-27-2011, 14:57
>start topic about how she hates people who talk about Lundqvists pad size on a Devils forum
>gets mad when Devils fans tell the truth

HFBoards!

Getzo5
12-27-2011, 15:04
Thomas > Marty in terms of:

- fun
- peak

For realz.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-27-2011, 15:08
Ugh, what a firebomb that thread needs. I just read it. The pretentiousness is exhausing.

Like who cares what your random thought of the day is, and then sit there and expect not to be debated with?

jkrdevil
12-27-2011, 16:12
Let's take the Rangers blinders off. Someone needs to compare Richter's pads to Lundpad's pads. It is like night and day, especially with the leg pads, and Richter retired what 3-4 years before Lundqvist came into the league?

njdevsfn95
12-27-2011, 16:44
Compare what has happened during the time Brodeur and Lundqvist's careers has overlapped.

Brodeur has won 2 Vezina trophies without 'the system' and without 'the big 3.'

He is also 4-4 against Lundqvist in the playoffs.

Yes, Brodeur is reaching the end of his career but during their respective time in the league, Lundqvist ONLY has Brodeur on head-to-head regular season victories, nothing else.

This isn't comparing pad sizes, defenders, sister-in-laws, weight...just what has actually fucking happened.

Of course, no one really responded to that statement except for ILIVM...

VaxjoDevil
12-27-2011, 17:33
What is this nonsense of bashing a fanbase because they are booing good players on the rival teams? What do they think it is, a debate at Harvard or a sports event?

Big#D
12-28-2011, 07:53
Brodeur has won 2 Vezina trophies without 'the system' and without 'the big 3.'

To be fair to the Queen, Vezinas are no more than a glorified popularity contest and not really an indication of who is the better player. Do I think Brodeur was the better goalie during that period? Sure, but I wouldn't use a Vezina as an argument.

Lundqvist has been the better goalie over the last three years though.

Vinnie
12-28-2011, 08:56
Ignoring cap hits, I would take Lundqvist over any other goal right now.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-28-2011, 09:03
I hate Lundpads but god damn is he good

njdevsfn95
12-28-2011, 12:04
To be fair to the Queen, Vezinas are no more than a glorified popularity contest and not really an indication of who is the better player. Do I think Brodeur was the better goalie during that period? Sure, but I wouldn't use a Vezina as an argument.

Lundqvist has been the better goalie over the last three years though.

I would expect a goalie headed into his prime to have better seasons than a goalie leaving his.

I also wouldnt call it a popularity contest when we all know the New York Rangers are the most popular team in the NHL because they play in the largest market. He should have at least 1 Vezina by now according to that obvious fact. /sarcasm

vonbonds
12-28-2011, 13:29
I would expect a goalie headed into his prime to have better seasons than a goalie leaving his.

I also wouldnt call it a popularity contest when we all know the New York Rangers are the most popular team in the NHL because they play in the largest market. He should have at least 1 Vezina by now according to that obvious fact. /sarcasm

I wonder if his choice in pad size is holding him back with this. I don't follow the rest of the league as closely as I used to because I just don't have the time but it does seem he is widely respected all around the league with little hardware to show for it.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-28-2011, 14:08
To date, Henrik has been a great regular season goalie and nothing more

if you take out the sweep against us in 06 where he was sick (i believe), he has very very good postseason numbers

its not his fault his team hasnt scored goals for him

and believe me like i said i hate him too, but still

Getzo5
12-29-2011, 16:23
Finally got to watch the 24/7. Just a couple of things:

- I dislike Laviolette more and more (the incident with Ott just proved me why - thank you HBO). I love Torts more and more.
- Ott talking to Giroux about his FO% was hilarious. "Look at NHL.com, I`m 5th in the league."
- Jagr`s "G, it`t tough to score 4 points here (MSG),...I did it". haha
- Read after getting hipchecked by Stralman "that was awesome". Indeed.
- Richards responding to Tom Sestito`s yapping "one day in the NHL, fantasy camp for you".
- Bryzgalov`s son is amazing. So is his dog. lol
- Boyle`s family is... huge. Grandpa at the age of 43? Geez.

Why is that goons always have the hottest wives? (Prust)

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8043/prustwife.jpg

Great episode. Can`t wait to watch the game.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-29-2011, 16:43
Wait, Boyle's dad is only 43? Isn't Boyle like only the 4th oldest?

So when did his pops start having kids, when he was 15?

jkrdevil
12-29-2011, 16:46
Wait, Boyle's dad is only 43? Isn't Boyle like only the 4th oldest?

So when did his pops start having kids, when he was 15?

No, he was 43 when he became a grandfather. 15(?) years ago, according to the 24/7 episode. That would make him about 58 now.

Anyways with 13 kids you know Mr. and Mrs. Boyles enjoyed a certain late night physical activity. :sarcasm:

Clarkson Falls Down
12-29-2011, 16:51
No, he was 43 when he became a grandfather. 15(?) years ago, according to the 24/7 episode. That would make him about 58 now.

Anyways with 13 kids you know Mr. and Mrs. Boyles enjoyed a certain late night physical activity. :sarcasm:

Yeah that makes more sense. He surely didn't look 43 haha.

It's amazing how someone can have 13 kids.

guyincognito
12-29-2011, 16:52

Not really, they could be two of those people who give birth to a child every time they get laid, because Jesus frowns upon birth control.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-29-2011, 17:00
Prust's wife is like my perfect woman, looks wise

damn

jkrdevil
12-29-2011, 17:01
Nevermind

Tao Jones
12-29-2011, 17:14
Hard not to root for Jagr trolling Pens fans.

Actually like to watch him score against Caps and NYR as well. :cool:

oops, should have posted in the Out of Town Watch thread.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-30-2011, 09:14
Rangers waived Avery again lol

Getzo5
12-30-2011, 11:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK7jka7tSNk

Hilarious.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-03-2012, 11:24
So the Winter Classic did a 4.3 in the NY Market, and overall it was the lowest rated classic.

Some hockey market. Met games in June do a better rating.

And yet, Rangers fans have the gall to say that the Devils have no fans, but they can't even draw a respectable WC rating for a "fanbase" that has been around for 85 years.

Some double standard

guyincognito
01-03-2012, 14:20
Rangers TV ratings have always been kinda putrid considering *they draw out of the entire market*, whereas the other two teams draw out of a centralized market (Islanders) and by a person to person basis in half of NJ (Devils). I can't even really define a Devils market and they do around half (or more in a down Rangers year) the number the Rangers do.

It's a myth, Rangers are the #6 team in the market, Devils are #7. There's a gap, but still, logical Rangers fans understand this. Those do not exist on HF, though.

VaxjoDevil
01-03-2012, 15:41
The Winter "Classic" (since when is there no need for any history to name it a Classic?) is just corporate crap. And as such, it doesn't even work. Absolutely nobody outside of hockey gives a ****. So glad it's over and that I don't need to get their Kim-Il-Jong style propaganda on everything NHL anymore.

jkrdevil
01-03-2012, 15:54
So the Winter Classic did a 4.3 in the NY Market, and overall it was the lowest rated classic.

Some hockey market. Met games in June do a better rating.

And yet, Rangers fans have the gall to say that the Devils have no fans, but they can't even draw a respectable WC rating for a "fanbase" that has been around for 85 years.

Some double standard

I could have told you when the match-up was announced that the ratings were going to tank comparatively. When Philly played in the Winter Classic two years ago the ratings in Philly were low, which dragged down that rating. Add on top of it the Rangers, who can't capture their entire market, and you had a recipe for a big ratings drop (especially after Crosby-Ovechkin in primetime). Washington D.C. pulled the same number as NY.

Even if you look at the Philly number for this it is lower compared to previous host.

Anyways, did anyone see the Summit Series doc on NBC Sports Network after the game yesterday (and I think it re-aired after the Canucks-Sharks game as well). Very well done, I recommend it if you are into hockey history. I'm sure it will re-air about a dozen times in the next couple weeks because outside of NHL games the channel doesn't have much programming yet.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-03-2012, 16:16
Yes, I heard it was good. I'm sure I'll find it on the channel at some one.

VaxjoDevil
01-03-2012, 21:22
I have only watched part of that documentary, so I should not say that it's a sentiment I would have when watching the whole thing. But the parts I watched were too much salted with propaganda for Canadian hockey. There is this part when the announcer is telling with a serious voice how European teams were dirtier than Team Canada...and that all refs were conspiring against them. Jesus Christ.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-03-2012, 21:30
Well, I'm sure that if you watched the World Junior game tonight, you never would have stopped hearing that crap (I did not watch it though).

VaxjoDevil
01-03-2012, 21:38
Well, I'm sure that if you watched the World Junior game tonight, you never would have stopped hearing that crap (I did not watch it though).

I always watch these game on mute. Did so also tonight. It was one heck of a game, though.

VaxjoDevil
01-04-2012, 14:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CgWdigs3t0

Oh, the misunderstood, heroic Canadians:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOMJsJhHlyM

Clarkson Falls Down
01-05-2012, 08:40
Alfredsson, Spezza, Michalek, Karlsson, Phaneuf, and Thomas voted into the All Star Game.

Fan voting is awful in every sport, but it seems like the NHL fans always do it the worst.

devilzrule27
01-05-2012, 09:23
I have no problem with home fans voting their players into the game. Not to mention Spezza and Karlsson deserve to be there anyway. Also Alfie should be there cause the game is in Ottawa. It would be like if the game was in Jersey I would sure as hell want Marty there even though he shouldn't be.

VaxjoDevil
01-05-2012, 09:29
We all know Karlsson is better than Chara.

In Ottawa.

Marc Staal gets 89,000 votes :hockey:

Tao Jones
01-05-2012, 15:07
Mad Dog is wearing #10 for the Cats.

Getzo5
01-06-2012, 15:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EK8Y3pk_K0

VaxjoDevil
01-06-2012, 15:59
What does Greenpeace has to do with this? :laugh:

So, correct me if I'm wrong...Shanahan suspends dangerous hits to the head, and that is a huge problem? I mean, I don't know why Shanahan is mentioned at all. He enforces rules, he didn't write them.

Getzo5
01-06-2012, 16:21
What does Greenpeace has to do with this? :laugh:

So, correct me if I'm wrong...Shanahan suspends dangerous hits to the head, and that is a huge problem? I mean, I don't know why Shanahan is mentioned at all. He enforces rules, he didn't write them.Burke is right just about everything he said. Greenpeace is just a metaphor.

Shanahan & Co. does more, we`ve all seen inconsistency so it`s not just about the rules. One way or the other, he`s the face of the change, a symbol. Hence why his name is mentioned so often.

VaxjoDevil
01-06-2012, 16:25
It's a metaphor?

http://d37nnnqwv9amwr.cloudfront.net/entries/icons/original/000/000/015/orly.jpg

It's a bad metaphor. That was my point.

devilzrule27
01-06-2012, 16:27
NHLPA rejects NHL's realignment plan. Woohoo!

Getzo5
01-06-2012, 16:27
It's a metaphor?

It's a bad metaphor. That was my point.This is your captain obvious speaking: The sky is blue on a sunny day.

Can`t disagree with that.

NHLPA rejects NHL's realignment plan. Woohoo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av8NTy5WkFc&feature=player_embedded