PDA

View Full Version : Larsson: A New hope.

Anton Volchenkov
12-04-2011, 20:29
I kind of want to talk about the people that think Larsson is slow....they have no fucking clue. When this KID figures it out, he will determine the pace of the game. His play, the good and the bad gives me a hard-on that is how good he is.

He is a machine. He slows the game down is the only time I would use the word slow in a sentence with him.

It's mind-boggling that he is 19 and has the poise and confidence that he does when he hasn't even scratched the surface of what he is capable of yet.

guyincognito
12-04-2011, 20:30
Speed has nothing to do with flatfootedness. He gets coned sometimes. He's also in his 18 year old season, honestly, what do you expect? I think people get too caught up in what he does and don't realize he's developmental..... and he's also playing his first full season on the small rink.

This guy ain't supposed to be their #1 defenseman, no matter what Trots spews.

Dr. Doom
12-04-2011, 20:31
I kind of want to talk about the people that think Larsson is slow....they have no fucking clue. When this KID figures it out, he will determine the pace of the game. His play, the good and the bad gives me a hard-on that is how good he is.
I can't wait to see him play in his prime. My favorite part is that there isn't a team in the league that has better coaches to teach him. The thought of Robinson and Stevens instructing him makes me so happy.

Devilsfanatic
And Larry is absolutely in love with him. It's great.

devilzrule27
On HF, if he makes a mistake, they are ALL over him lmao.

Oh dear god. Geez it's gotten bad over the last year and a half. haha

JimEIV
12-04-2011, 20:32
Look past the mistakes, look past the rookie year this kid is incredible.

jkrdevil
12-04-2011, 20:33
He's got a foul mouth though. His mother needs to wash it out with soap. :D

BTW we need to agree on what will be a sarcasm emoticon.

devilzrule27
12-04-2011, 20:33
I've had no problems with him this year. He's already a workhorse. I expect mistakes from a 19 year old rookie.

Dr. Doom
12-04-2011, 20:34
And Larry is absolutely in love with him. It's great.
Every time he goes back to the bench and Larry comes up to him and talks to him puts a smile on my face, even if it is after a mistake. I sense a great student teacher relationship and once Stevens is ready to take on a bigger role I'm sure he will be able to do the same thing.

jkrdevil
12-04-2011, 20:36
Larsson has also shown a tendency to step up for a hit some times. I like that.

Devilsfanatic
12-04-2011, 20:37
Oh dear god. Geez it's gotten bad over the last year and a half. haha

Oh yeah, it's getting worse and worse, it's unbelievable. Last night was really the straw that broke the camels back. njdevsfn95 is going to bring up our concerns there. It's like, when you cancel your cable, someone wants you to stay they'll offer anything lol.

Every time he goes back to the bench and Larry comes up to him and talks to him puts a smile on my face, even if it is after a mistake. I sense a great student teacher relationship and once Stevens is ready to take on a bigger role I'm sure he will be able to do the same thing.

Yeah, Larry is always talking to him, always giving him a pat on the back. I wish there was a way to get Slava back.

Devilsfanatic
12-04-2011, 20:38
He'd fit in here fucking great. No one cares if you swear. He's been a revelation and I'll be honest, going into this draft, I wasn't sold on him at all.

JimEIV
You guys gotta remember, I remember Niedermayer's rookie season. I was 21 then. This kid is good.

Dr. Doom
Yeah, Larry is always talking to him, always giving him a pat on the back. I wish there was a way to get Slava back.
Slava means too much to the KHL, it would never happen.

Dr. Doom
12-04-2011, 20:39
You know how good he is when other team's announcers are praising him.

Anton Volchenkov
12-04-2011, 20:40
He'd fit in here fucking great. No one cares if you swear. He's been a revelation and I'll be honest, going into this draft, I wasn't sold on him at all.

I thought he'd be gone which is why I wanted Hamilton. We really lucked out and Conte's and Lou's face showed that when he came up to the stage.

Devilsfanatic
12-04-2011, 20:42
Actually, if you think about it, the Blues got us Larsson. If they don't make the Johnson for Stewart deal, they draft Larsson instead of COL lol! So really, the Blues are a gift that keep on giving.

devilzrule27
12-04-2011, 20:45
could you imagine Larsson with Pietrangelo and Johnson. That would have taken all the pressure off EJ. Wet dream.

Devilsfanatic
12-04-2011, 20:49
could you imagine Larsson with Pietrangelo and Johnson. That would have taken all the pressure off EJ. Wet dream.

Well, that's not how it would have happened lol. COL would have him with Shattenkirk instead, because they had that pick.

devilzrule27
12-04-2011, 20:52
Well, that's not how it would have happened lol. COL would have him with Shattenkirk instead, because they had that pick.

Yeah you're right. Was premature with that, now I've got a mess to clean up...

for whatever reason I thought the 2nd pick was from the blues but it was the other pick.

Wingman77
12-04-2011, 21:04
This summer, I had no intentions of Larsson even making the team

Needless to say I've been more than plesantly suprised.....mistakes are going to happen, but the ones he's made are ones I would expect a 19 year old to make

Devilsfanatic
12-04-2011, 21:07
Yeah you're right. Was premature with that, now I've got a mess to clean up...

for whatever reason I thought the 2nd pick was from the blues but it was the other pick.

Who did they get with their pick? I forget who it was, to be honest. After they made that deal to get Johnson they were awful. In fact, I think he might be hurt this year.

The guy I wanted was Landeskog and he's been a beauty too. But ****, RNH is doing something special. He'll make Skinner look bad.

SLNP
12-05-2011, 00:57
i was listening to the Marek and Puck Daddy podcast and Marek went out of his way to praise Larsson, saying he probably would have gotten rookie of the month but RNH is just putting up spectacular numbers

i love the kid. probably the only d-man that can execute a crisp breakout pass to start a rush on this middling thing we call a defense. he had a couple real good passes during the Jets game the other night, made me hard in the pants.

devilzrule27
12-05-2011, 06:44
Who did they get with their pick? I forget who it was, to be honest. After they made that deal to get Johnson they were awful. In fact, I think he might be hurt this year.

The guy I wanted was Landeskog and he's been a beauty too. But ****, RNH is doing something special. He'll make Skinner look bad.

But he'll never capture our hearts like skinner as he lacks the boyish good looks and infectious smile. Skinner <3

Seriously though RNH has been insane this year. I was in the camp that thought he would struggle out of the gate cause of his size but now I just look like a fool. Never doubted the talent was there but never thought we'd see it blossom this fast. Freaking amazing.

Devilsfanatic
12-05-2011, 06:49
But he'll never capture our hearts like skinner as he lacks the boyish good looks and infectious smile. Skinner <3

Seriously though RNH has been insane this year. I was in the camp that thought he would struggle out of the gate cause of his size but now I just look like a fool. Never doubted the talent was there but never thought we'd see it blossom this fast. Freaking amazing.

I was hesitant about the size as well. But sometimes, you're just ready. He didn't have anything left in junior, that's for sure. So it was either stagnate in the W, or play in the N and take the bumps. They made the right choice. He'll have his off nights, and probably won't score at a PPG, but damn, he's going to be a beauty.