PDA

View Full Version : Devils News Thread (Urbom + Tao recalled)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Devilsfanatic
02-03-2012, 16:59
Nice, so it'll be Roldy tomorrow.

Devilsfanatic
02-03-2012, 17:28
Wrong thread, the spectacular is one down :)

jkrdevil
02-03-2012, 20:37
Is it me or does it always seem like it is Devils All The Way is the one that always seems to here the mysterious radio interviews that no one else can find (even though said stations archives their interviews)?

Devilsfanatic
02-03-2012, 22:10
What did he find now?

Clarkson Falls Down
02-04-2012, 08:29
Is it me or does it always seem like it is Devils All The Way is the one that always seems to here the mysterious radio interviews that no one else can find (even though said stations archives their interviews)?

So you don't believe all those Mario Tremblay interviews. :sarcasm:

vonbonds
02-04-2012, 21:10
Is Mark Fayne going to be today's version of Tommy Albelin or Bruce Driver? He along with Clarkson are my favorite Devils as I always love the 2nd tier players more for whatever reason. I loved Tommy A. and thought he was a very underrated piece of the puzzle years ago. Can Fayne develop his offensive game further? He has excellent size and very good mobility. If he could get a bit more nose for offense he could be a .5 points per game player. As he is right now I think he is at .36 points per game this year. Not bad for someone who wasn't on anyones radar a bit more than a year ago.

Devilsfanatic
02-04-2012, 21:11
He'll never be more than a 25-35 point man, but he's really, really gone above and beyond expectations. He's definitely a top four defenseman.

Classic Devil
02-04-2012, 21:31
Is Mark Fayne going to be today's version of Tommy Albelin or Bruce Driver? He along with Clarkson are my favorite Devils as I always love the 2nd tier players more for whatever reason. I loved Tommy A. and thought he was a very underrated piece of the puzzle years ago. Can Fayne develop his offensive game further? He has excellent size and very good mobility. If he could get a bit more nose for offense he could be a .5 points per game player. As he is right now I think he is at .36 points per game this year. Not bad for someone who wasn't on anyones radar a bit more than a year ago.

He's not Bruce Driver, Driver was a far superior offensive player. He's got a bit of Tommy Albelin in him, though. Similar styles of play and strengths and weaknesses. Albelin was, however, the superior defenseman - at least compared to Fayne circa 2011. But Fayne's still young and has room for further improvement. Personally, I'd like him to focus on his defense - his offense is essentially sufficient for the kind of player I think he should be.

vonbonds
02-04-2012, 21:49
I just compared him to Driver as a second pairing reference but I agree with your thoughts. I think Fayne has more upside as he hasn't shown anything yet that says he isn't done improving his game. Fayne is turning into what we all hoped Tallinder would be from day 1 last year.

Classic Devil
02-04-2012, 21:51
I just compared him to Driver as a second pairing reference but I agree with your thoughts. I think Fayne has more upside as he hasn't shown anything yet that says he isn't done improving his game. Fayne is turning into what we all hoped Tallinder would be from day 1 last year.

Tallinder on a good day is an extremely solid defensive defenseman, significantly stronger than Fayne on his best day to date. But I think Fayne has Tallinder+ defense and better consistency somewhere in him, along with his already superior offense.

vonbonds
02-04-2012, 21:54
I dunno..Tallinder is the antithesis of consistency. I think Fayne has had a better overall past 82 games. I don't need stats to back it up either. I have had far fewer heart attacks with Fayne than Tallinder.

Classic Devil
02-04-2012, 21:59
I dunno..Tallinder is the antithesis of consistency. I think Fayne has had a better overall past 82 games. I don't need stats to back it up either. I have had far fewer heart attacks with Fayne than Tallinder.

Yeah, the problem with Tallinder is his good days rarely come consecutively.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-04-2012, 23:16

As far as I'm concerned, Mark Fayne is our next Paul Martin.

The guy is playing against the other team's top lines every game and doing a great job too. He's total keeper. Will be a 20-30 point guy like Martin too, and probably more durable.

The only difference is that Fayne shoots righty.

VaxjoDevil
02-05-2012, 09:19
Salvador played almost 25 minutes (team high) yesterday through an ankle injury. That guy is, through all his occasional clumsiness, a real worker.

vonbonds
02-05-2012, 10:02
As far as I'm concerned, Mark Fayne is our next Paul Martin.

The guy is playing against the other team's top lines every game and doing a great job too. He's total keeper. Will be a 20-30 point guy like Martin too, and probably more durable.

The only difference is that Fayne shoots righty.

I went too far back in time, I think you found a better comparison. Martin probably is a better skater but I prefer Fayne's game as he can mix it up a bit if he needs to.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-05-2012, 10:08
I went too far back in time, I think you found a better comparison. Martin probably is a better skater but I prefer Fayne's game as he can mix it up a bit if he needs to.

Just in terms of a quiet, steady defensive approach is where the comparison struck me. Both are solid, not unspectacular in the defensive end, but play well in all 3 zones. Excellent positionally, great stickwork, game play in all phases, etc.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-06-2012, 09:53
Larsson won't play tomorrow.

Devilsfanatic
02-06-2012, 09:59
Classic Larsson. Always missing games.

Devilsfanatic
02-06-2012, 10:37
On Tuesday, he’ll play at Madison Square Garden for the first time in his young career as the Devils make their first visit of the season to the renovated arena.

“I’m kind of surprised we haven’t been there, yet,” Henrique said. “I’m looking forward to it. I’ve never played there before, but it’s Madison Square Garden, so you hear about that everywhere. I’m excited for it. Playing the Rangers, guys always get up for those games.”

Twinkle, brah, twinkle!

JimEIV
02-07-2012, 10:40
I think Ponikarovsky has been a god send. I don't think you can underestimate how much that third line has ment to the Devils over the last few games.

Devilsfanatic
02-07-2012, 10:48
I think you've been a God-send. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be free of HF-Devils.

JimEIV
02-07-2012, 11:35
I think you've been a God-send. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be free of HF-Devils.

I think you were gone regardless.

Devilsfanatic
02-07-2012, 11:46
I think you were gone regardless.

Nah, since you were stripped of your basic rights as an American, I needed a place to hear your eloquent thoughts, so I gave you this paradise. Didn't realize you'd cave and go back to a place that tried to muzzle you.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-07-2012, 11:55
I still can't read Jim's posts over at HF lol

Devilsfanatic
02-07-2012, 12:03
They're magnificent.

onefatsurfer
02-07-2012, 12:17
hf pisses me off. i want to give zenith a roman helmet for fucking up secret santa for t21. what a fucking jerkoff

Devilsfanatic
02-07-2012, 12:25
hf pisses me off. i want to give zenith a roman helmet for fucking up secret santa for t21. what a fucking jerkoff

He'd wear it with pride.

vonbonds
02-07-2012, 12:28
Nah, since you were stripped of your basic rights as an American, I needed a place to hear your eloquent thoughts, so I gave you this paradise. Didn't realize you'd cave and go back to a place that tried to muzzle you.

http://leafprobably.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/wonder.jpg

JimEIV
02-07-2012, 13:38

You ought to consider going back every once in a while..I not say "back for good" but stop in and be seen.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-07-2012, 13:40

I just wanna post his picture on there. Someone get a copy please! LOL

JimEIV
02-07-2012, 13:40

Did he just not do it?

onefatsurfer
02-07-2012, 13:41
i love not being censored when i say **** the rangers.

the rangers are a bunch of ****** ******* who like eating eachothers ****

doesn't get my point across as much as

the rangers are a bunch of fucking bitches who like eating eachothers ****

god i fucking hate censorship. i curse. get the **** over it.

Dr. Doom
02-07-2012, 13:43
it's great how you are way more pissed off about it than me.

Did he just not do it?
i never got anything. he said that he sent something, but when ofs inquired about it it was sketchy.

onefatsurfer
02-07-2012, 13:44
Did he just not do it?

apparently, he sent one that was "lost in the mail"

when i told him the gift never made it, he said he'd send another out ASAP, and proceeded to wait 3 weeks with me pestering him until he said that he sent a new gift... but get this, he "sent" the new gift using some random-*** service that takes 14-29 BUSINESS DAYS to get there (sure.)

the ***** lives literally 10 miles from T21, he could literally roll his douchey *** in his office chair to hand deliver the gift, in less than 14 business days, i don't care how out of shape he is.

when he said he sent the second gift, he includes "oh, btw, i didnt' get my gift either", so i tried to contact his secret santa, who happens to be completely absent from HF and didn't get back to me still (>3 weeks later) so i bought him a book about the history of the rangers (puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke) and sent it to him. now i'm out $25 for his gift + $25 for T21's gift, and I don't even know if his secret santa sent him something or if he's being a total liar and scamming me out of a second gift.
**** him.

And T21, I honestly am not upset about buying you a gift, i'm upset that i got worked over by a fucking rags fan.

Dr. Doom
02-07-2012, 13:46
i found it funny how i initially included my nj address so that i would be able to receive it around xmas time while i was home and then had to give my vermont address after i went back to school...it is not february :laugh:

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-07-2012, 13:48
that Zenith dude annoys me to no end

JimEIV
02-07-2012, 13:49
And he is not attempting to make it right?

Devilsfanatic
02-07-2012, 13:50
lol, they made him "one of us" I wish our poster #'s were up here a bit more, but everyone is too in love with HF to come over and be real here. Props to my regulars in here, I appreciate your patronage.

Devilsfanatic
02-07-2012, 13:51
You ought to consider going back every once in a while..I not say "back for good" but stop in and be seen.

No thank you. I read through some of the threads now and it's just too much clutter. Too many useless thoughts, and entirely too much Trottier. I did post after we beat the Rangers last week, but it was just a video. They know I'm around on HF, entertainment board and the Toronto board is a place I frequent, and an occasional visit to the main board for an F U.

onefatsurfer
02-07-2012, 13:52
and what's making me even more pissed off is that i PM'ed him yesterday about it and he didn't reply back, even though he's posted several dozen times since. i'm waiting until his "29 business day shipping" expires, then i'm posting all this **** on the main board and in a new post on the rangers board and in the secret santa thread. i'm expecting to get banned for calling him out, but so be it. i like this place better anyway

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-07-2012, 13:52
I still post over there just out of boredom, since 90% of the time I am sitting in front of a computer all day at work

Dr. Doom
02-07-2012, 13:53
and what's making me even more pissed off is that i PM'ed him yesterday about it and he didn't reply back, even though he's posted several dozen times since. i'm waiting until his "29 business day shipping" expires, then i'm posting all this **** on the main board and in a new post on the rangers board and in the secret santa thread. i'm expecting to get banned for calling him out, but so be it. i like this place better anyway
it makes hf look really good that one of their mods "steals" from their members

Clarkson Falls Down
02-07-2012, 13:55
i found it funny how i initially included my nj address so that i would be able to receive it around xmas time while i was home and then had to give my vermont address after i went back to school...it is not february :laugh:

You're going to have to give him your NJ address again when it's May and you still don't have it :laugh:

onefatsurfer
02-07-2012, 13:55
it's kind of comical that a mod from the rangers board is the one that's too cheap/lazy to give a gift

JimEIV
02-07-2012, 13:56
I think we should all go to the GDT over there and just jab Trottier.

Don't address him directly just do as he does

"For those that think"
"Some believe "
"It it is the armchair GM"

You know...

Just right after he post, paraphrase him, indirectly directly call him a ****

Dr. Doom
02-07-2012, 13:56
You're going to have to give him your NJ address again when it's May and you still don't have it :laugh:
i think ofs said he was going to send something in his place. ofs has been awesome during this whole thing. as you can see, he is way more pissed off than i am.

Devilsfanatic
02-07-2012, 13:57
I'm sure he's loving every minute of it, little troll.

Trottier is an abomination. Such a condescending prick. Try calling him that, and then see what kind of a message you get in your PM box :laugh:

onefatsurfer
02-07-2012, 13:59

Trottier is an abomination. Such a condescending prick. Try calling him that, and then see what kind of a message you get in your PM box :laugh:

i didn't get any PM, i just got a couple jabs back with a "let's just agree to disagree" type finish when i called trottier out about his holier than thou attitude..

onefatsurfer
02-07-2012, 14:00
i think ofs said he was going to send something in his place. ofs has been awesome during this whole thing. as you can see, he is way more pissed off than i am.

it's "shipping soon"

Dr. Doom
02-07-2012, 14:01

rangers fan being a douche
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvrp8bU9AV1qibz0jo1_500.png

onefatsurfer
02-07-2012, 14:02
haha perfect gif

Dr. Doom
02-07-2012, 14:02
it's "shipping soon"
no rush. hell, i should be in nj for spring break at the beginning of march if you just want to save on shipping.

onefatsurfer
02-07-2012, 14:03
heh, i'm having it shipped directly to you from amazon

onefatsurfer
now now, everyone get back on topic or it will be more posts i have to clean up! have to keep this place organized!!! :sarcasm:

JimEIV
I shipped a package to Idaho last Monday regular service not express with the post office and it got there on Thursday.
4 days to go across the entire country.

onefatsurfer
02-07-2012, 14:04
crap, i gotta remember not to double or triple post or i'm gonna get infracted

onefatsurfer
02-07-2012, 14:05
I shipped a package to Idaho last Monday regular service not express with the post office and it got there on Thursday.

i do know that media mail takes fucking forever.. if he actually did send something via media mail, i could see it taking 20 days to get there

Dr. Doom
02-07-2012, 14:08
heh, i'm having it shipped directly to you from amazon
awesome

now now, everyone get back on topic or it will be more posts i have to clean up! have to keep this place organized!!! :sarcasm:
this place is so much better. there are a few posters that i'd like to come over or post here more.

when i sent my secret santa i sent it through the post office from vermont and it got to nj in like 2-3 days.

Devilsfanatic
02-07-2012, 14:09
i didn't get any PM, i just got a couple jabs back with a "let's just agree to disagree" type finish when i called trottier out about his holier than thou attitude..

Call him a phony and a quitter. Say that he tells us not to give up on the Devils, yet he gave up on the Islanders so who is he to talk about people quitting.

I've done it once and he sent such a scathing PMl, said **** about my mom :laugh: and called me all sorts of names. It was hilarious.

onefatsurfer
02-07-2012, 14:14
i said something about how he's accepting of garbage play from years of conditioning, and he got kinda snappy

Devilsfanatic
02-07-2012, 14:25
He goes nuts, it's fucking hilarious. Teddy, who you thinkin?

Dr. Doom
02-07-2012, 14:33
What?

Devilsfanatic
02-07-2012, 14:35
ppl you want posting over here more, or posting here in general.

Dr. Doom
02-07-2012, 14:41
I know PfP is about to finally come here, I wish ILIVM posted here more, and abo. There are others but I enjoy reading their posts the most. I don't read anything devils related there so I probably miss half of their posts.

Devilsfanatic
02-07-2012, 14:46
I know PfP is about to finally come here, I wish ILIVM posted here more, and abo. There are others but I enjoy reading their posts the most. I don't read anything devils related there so I probably miss half of their posts.

I've tried to get ILIVM here, he posted once, then took off. Abo, I'm sure I could twist his arm.

Devilsfanatic
02-07-2012, 14:53
It's because he's fat. Fat people have no conscience.

Dr. Doom
02-07-2012, 14:58
I almost just spit a bunch of skittles out of my mouth during class haahahahahahaha

Devilsfanatic
02-07-2012, 15:00
Well think about it......if they did, they wouldn't be fat. Don't they know I don't want to look at that, and neither does anyone else?

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-08-2012, 08:28
still no Larsson/Carter

Marty sitting out practice too

Big#D
02-08-2012, 09:07
if his ankle is at all bad, i hope they keep him out of the blues game. i think i'd rather have the devils play a keep it simple game against the blues than rely on marty to have another great game.

i think the blues are going to come in really wanting to beat the devils for langs and arnott. and i think hitchcock is going to show deboer a thing or two about coaching.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-08-2012, 09:14
Yeah I don't think Brodeur is playing tomorrow.

EDIT: No Brodeur

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice
Johan Hedberg will start in net for Devils Thursday vs. Blues.

Devilsfanatic
02-08-2012, 09:50
Glad he isn't. Give him the rest in an out of towner. I think Moosey will do fine.

VaxjoDevil
02-08-2012, 10:58
Having a solid backup is gold.

Devilsfanatic
02-09-2012, 10:32
Frazee up to back up Hedberg.

bort
02-09-2012, 12:38
frazee? what is he, 36 now?

Devilsfanatic
02-09-2012, 14:10
When you give an exact time like that, and make a big deal of it, it's gonna lead to nothing good. And welcome, Abo!

jkrdevil
02-09-2012, 14:13
When you give an exact time like that, and make a big deal of it, it's gonna lead to nothing good. And welcome, Abo!

Yea, he is done for the season. You don't schedule a press to say he is going to begin skating soon.

Devilsfanatic
02-09-2012, 14:15
So much for that dream of having a fully healthy team.

Devilsfanatic
02-09-2012, 14:29
So, it's like he said nothing at all, nothing at all, nothing at all, nothing at all.

Devilsfanatic
02-09-2012, 14:33
A month, so, March 9th, my parents anniversary. Fantastic. At least there's light at the end of that tunnel. If they had waited an extra month before, he'd be back by now. They wanted him to play Winnipeg, it's that simple.

Tao Jones
02-10-2012, 09:03
Albany Devils

"@albanydevilspr: G-Timo Pielmeier has been reassigned on loan by NJ from Elmira to the @AlbanyDevils | More: http://ow.ly/8ZSb0 #adevils"

wrong thread

Clarkson Falls Down
02-10-2012, 09:07
Probably means that we'll see Moose on Saturday.

Tao Jones
02-10-2012, 09:09
Moose is "resting" today.

No practice.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-10-2012, 09:41
Marty playing tomorrow per TG

Tao Jones
02-10-2012, 10:38
Hedberg to back up per TG.

Weird.

Elmira plays tonight.

Kalamazoo doesn't.

Devilsfanatic
02-10-2012, 10:41
Maybe Frazee or Kinkaid is about to be dealt.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-10-2012, 14:54
Maybe Frazee or Kinkaid is about to be dealt.

Maybe to C-Bus.

Devilsfanatic
02-10-2012, 14:57
Possibly. Though, they've still kept Frazee up. So they'll need Peilmeier against Hamilton tonight to back up, that's why he's here, I guess.

Tao Jones
02-10-2012, 18:53
Well Brian Stewart is back down from Binghamton in Elmira which puts Pielmeier back to a backup position for the Jackals.

Clermont is still getting his fair share of starts and Coach Bootland says there still is not a clear number one for the K-Wings.

Devilsfanatic
02-13-2012, 11:36
Larsson and Carter won't play tomorrow v. Buffalo, and Tallinder is weeks away. Brodeur starts against the Sabres, which I like.

Dr. Doom
02-13-2012, 11:39
Larsson and Carter really need to be back. I like that they aren't being rushed, but I don't know how much longer our depth can hold the fort down.

Devilsfanatic
02-13-2012, 11:40
Well, tomorrow is a good chance for a W. Buffalo is playing well right now, BUT, I'm 2-0 in Buffalo. 3-0 needs to happen.

Dr. Doom
02-13-2012, 11:41
Where are you sitting at the game?

Devilsfanatic
02-13-2012, 12:01
Row 1 seats 15, 16, section 106. So near the Devils bench somewhere. I don't think directly behind it, but, somewhere off to the right on TV and the left in the arena. On the glass again though.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-13-2012, 15:18
Veillux called up.

Devilsfanatic
02-13-2012, 17:48
Wonder who is hurt

Devilsfanatic
02-14-2012, 00:03
DF you going to the gm tomorrow?

Ya buddy.

devilzrule27
02-14-2012, 00:11
Wonder who is hurt

Carter still out right? Probably don't want Cammer and Boulton both in the lineup.

Devilsfanatic
02-14-2012, 00:15
Carter still out right? Probably don't want Cammer and Boulton both in the lineup.

True. They IR'd Carter.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-14-2012, 06:12
Palmieri called up too.

onefatsurfer
02-14-2012, 06:57
excellent. I want to see what Palmieri does with this chance

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-14-2012, 06:59
he might not even play lol

onefatsurfer
02-14-2012, 07:02
excellent. I want to see what Palmieri does with this chance

Tao Jones
02-14-2012, 08:14
I'm guessing #32 for Palmieri and #10 or #11 for Veilleux.

Devilsfanatic
02-14-2012, 08:24
Really? I should probably hold off on the Veilleux jersey though, right?

Tao Jones
02-14-2012, 08:30
Tom Gulitti

Nick Palmieri wearing No. 10. Stephane Veilleux is No. 11. Palmieri was No. 12 earlier this season, but it belongs to Ponikarovsky now.

This is Palmieri's fourth number, 16, 32, 12, 10

Veilleux has only worn #19 before in the NHL.

Devilsfanatic
02-14-2012, 08:40
Damn, Palmieri should wear 4, 8, 16, 23, 42

Then he'd be Lost.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-14-2012, 14:56
Rich Chere @Ledger_NJDevils
Devils' Travis Zajac expected to resume skating by end of this week: If he can come back fully from sore Achille... bit.ly/zVnENN

Wingman77
02-14-2012, 20:17
Was reading over some older Devils articles and came across this gem;

"I'm standing there looking at Stevens screaming at his teammates, pleading with them, imploring them to be better," Penguins defenseman Darius Kasparaitis says. "I couldn't believe it. We're being embarrassed 9-0, in a late October game, with less then two minutes left, and he's all over his teammates about giving up one scoring chance."

According to Kasparaitis, this is what Stevens said: "If you can't finish off this game, what makes you think we'll be able to do it the next time, or the time after that? You DON'T' remain champions by letting ANYONE off the hook, in ANY situation. Let's shut these guys down and show we're the defending Stanley Cup champions." The Devils went on to preserve the shutout and finish the game strong. Stevens' speech, and the team's response, says a lot about the club's character. And that speech is just one example of what it takes to be a super team.

"We didn't have a chance at all," Penguins goaltender Garth Snow says. "They taught us a lesson. Seeing Stevens yell at his teammates in that situation should be a wakeup call for all of us to show us that you don't get to be champions without a discipline, a passion, an unselfishness that goes above and beyond the call of duty."

guyincognito
02-14-2012, 20:29

lol. well, whatever happened afterwards, obviously they stopped listening because that team merely got by on its ability. they basically lazied their way to a chance to win the Cup, and then lazied there way on out of there.

Dr. Doom
02-14-2012, 20:31
:( why you gotta remind me

Dr. Doom
02-14-2012, 20:39
How long until Stevens is on the bench?

Dr. Doom
02-14-2012, 20:46
I love big bird but I can't wait for the day Stevens takes a bigger role in the organization.

jkrdevil
02-15-2012, 04:28
Per Dreger Marek Zidlisky has waived his no trade to move to NJ. No deal yet though

onefatsurfer
02-15-2012, 05:14
I'm a bit concerned about getting a guy who had serious disagreements with his coach..

Clarkson Falls Down
02-16-2012, 14:06
Elias said, "It’s probably one of the best if not the best coaching staff I’ve had." That's saying a lot during Elias' long career in NJ.

That is saying a lot. Good to hear, especially coming from someone as hockey-smart as Elias.

Classic Devil
02-16-2012, 14:47
I'm a bit concerned about getting a guy who had serious disagreements with his coach..

I don't mind disagreements with a coach. I mind public disagreements with a coach.

Dr. Doom
02-18-2012, 11:06
Martin Brodeur said he is not approaching Sunday's game in MTL as his last in his hometown because he thinks he'll play next season.

Dr. Doom
02-18-2012, 11:09
Brodeur: “I don’t have a feeling that I’m not going to play next year. I don’t feel like that. So. it' not like I'm going there nostalgic."

Brodeur: "It could be a possibility it’s the last game (in Montreal), but I hope not.”

pariseforpresident
02-18-2012, 11:09
The way he's playing now I hope he comes back again. He has some gas in the tank

Devilsfanatic
02-18-2012, 11:11
The NHL/PA could force his hand though with a lockout. It'll be amazing if that happens.

Brodeur misses his last year with a lockout, Stevens missed his and we were cost a year of Niedermayer.

I still feel as if they should have made the players play out their lockout year deal, so we got to keep Nieder in 06, would have made a huge difference against Carolina in round two.

vonbonds
02-18-2012, 11:30
The NHL/PA could force his hand though with a lockout. It'll be amazing if that happens.

Brodeur misses his last year with a lockout, Stevens missed his and we were cost a year of Niedermayer.

I still feel as if they should have made the players play out their lockout year deal, so we got to keep Nieder in 06, would have made a huge difference against Carolina in round two.

The NHL survives no matter what in Canada. Think the southern US teams will survive another lockout? I don't. I don't see a lockout happening for that reason alone.

Devilsfanatic
02-18-2012, 11:31
No, it can't afford it, but I can see camps, and games being pushed back like the NBA this year. Or at the very least what happened to football.

devilzrule27
02-18-2012, 11:39
No, it can't afford it, but I can see camps, and games being pushed back like the NBA this year. Or at the very least what happened to football.

I think if there is a delay I don't think it would be that long. To me both sides have to be smart about this. The league cannot survive another lockout, full season or not.

I'm going to try to be optimistic about these labor negotiations and hope a deal gets done in the September time frame. I think there will be enough give and take between both sides. I mean even they have to admit that this current set up has been pretty fair and decent for both sides for the most part.

Dr. Doom
02-18-2012, 11:41
I think both sides know well enough that the league won't survive a lockout. It may go down to the wire, but an agreement will be made.

bort
02-18-2012, 11:46
im sorry but i want a new goalie tandem next year. i love marty and all but yea.

Devilsfanatic
02-18-2012, 11:48
im sorry but i want a new goalie tandem next year. i love marty and all but yea.

Can't say I agree. I think Marty at 2.5-3 is good. Moose, he's still serviceable.

Getting Cory Schneider might be the best thing Lou does though.

Devilsfanatic
02-18-2012, 11:50
I think if there is a delay I don't think it would be that long. To me both sides have to be smart about this. The league cannot survive another lockout, full season or not.

I'm going to try to be optimistic about these labor negotiations and hope a deal gets done in the September time frame. I think there will be enough give and take between both sides. I mean even they have to admit that this current set up has been pretty fair and decent for both sides for the most part.

The only people that are really screwed with the new CBA are the lower level players. The stars were always gonna get paid star salary, but the minimum wagers got "screwed" I put it in quotations because, well, they're still making 500+K a year lol.

There might be a move from GM/Owners to get an amnesty case every year, or a player who doesn't count against the cap. I think, anyway.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-18-2012, 18:11
Devils announce they've placed D Adam Larsson on IR retroactive to Feb. 2 and called up D Peter Harrold.

guyincognito
02-18-2012, 18:14
So, now we've got two defensemen that can play forward. Time for shenangians.

Devilsfanatic
02-18-2012, 18:14
Devils announce they've placed D Adam Larsson on IR retroactive to Feb. 2 and called up D Peter Harrold.

Fucking Subban. I mean, it was a clean hit. But fucking Subban.

guyincognito
02-18-2012, 18:16
Meh, I don't think it was realistic for Larsson to play 82 + what looks like some playoff games. No matter what Trottier says

Devilsfanatic
02-18-2012, 18:17
Meh, I don't think it was realistic for Larsson to play 82 + what looks like some playoff games. No matter what Trottier says

He'll play about 65 at this rate.

Minus playoffs, of course.

guyincognito
02-18-2012, 18:21
He'll play about 65 at this rate.

Minus playoffs, of course.

As long as he has his legs, I'm cool with it. We're getting by with trainwreck Foster, it can only get better.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-18-2012, 18:24
That Hell Zeon guy says in the top 25 Devils list that Kovalchuk will end his career #2 behind Brodeur.

I am rolling.

Dr. Doom
02-18-2012, 18:26
http://i42.tinypic.com/35i65oo.png

pariseforpresident
02-18-2012, 18:30
That Hell Zeon guy says in the top 25 Devils list that Kovalchuk will end his career #2 behind Brodeur.

I am rolling.

I would love for him to have that great of a career with us. But I give it a 1% chance of surpassing Stevens. Hell, I don't think he'll even surpass Elias

Devilsfanatic
02-18-2012, 18:32

I am rolling.

He's one of the main reasons I left. That guy is just a pathetic puke.

At least, he didn't have him above Marty.

Dr. Doom
02-18-2012, 18:34
I would love for him to have that great of a career with us. But I give it a 1% chance of surpassing Stevens. Hell, I don't think he'll even surpass Elias
Or Nieds

pariseforpresident
02-18-2012, 18:36
Or Nieds

Or hopefully Parise

Clarkson Falls Down
02-18-2012, 18:40
He very well may end up top 5, who knows. But it's doubtful that he will be a better Devil than Nieds, and especially Stevens.

jkrdevil
02-18-2012, 18:41
He's one of the main reasons I left. That guy is just a pathetic puke.

At least, he didn't have him above Marty.

That's insane.

To me it will be impossible for any Devil to ever ranks above Marty and Stevens. Those are the two guys that made this franchise. Everything since this is basically because of them. If it weren't for them and establishing the Devils as a premier championship caliber team Kovalchuk is wearing a Kings uniform now.

Devilsfanatic
02-18-2012, 19:10
That's insane.

To me it will be impossible for any Devil to ever ranks above Marty and Stevens. Those are the two guys that made this franchise. Everything since this is basically because of them. If it weren't for them and establishing the Devils as a premier championship caliber team Kovalchuk is wearing a Kings uniform now.

Exactly. Brodeur, Stevens, Niedermayer, Elias, Daneyko these are my favorite Devils things.

Getzo5
02-19-2012, 05:58
Meh, I don't think it was realistic for Larsson to play 82 + what looks like some playoff games. No matter what Trottier saysIt`s amazing people still believe the crap he`s saying. Yesterday he was trying to say our defense is fine offensively. I mean, yeah, DeBo forced them to pinch more often, but has this "coach" ever seen a clean breakout?

Hell Zeon is the definition of a fanboy, overconfident stupid human being that doesn`t deserve ANY attention. I`m surprised CD quoted him. First ever on my ignore list.

Devilsfanatic
02-19-2012, 08:30
No Foster tonight. He has back stiffness. Harrold in and that puts Fayne on PP1 and Tao on PP2 or Roldy.

bort
02-19-2012, 08:44
Can't say I agree. I think Marty at 2.5-3 is good. Moose, he's still serviceable.

Getting Cory Schneider might be the best thing Lou does though.

i just want the team to continue trending upwards. i love marty and all, but clutch he has not been. i know hes getting older...which sucks ***, but im in the time to move on boat. i wish i wasnt, but i feel like someone electrocuted my nards when he lets in his typical softies. this team is so emotional that when one of those go in, theyre deflated. i can already feel them coming in the playoffs. it does not feel good. and if its against the rags....oooohhh man. ill shoot myself. now i dunno who the **** replaces both moose and marty, but yeah. im sure hell play another year or two, and i wont hate it or him, as i cant...but i cant say im a huge supporter of him being the number one.

Devilsfanatic
02-19-2012, 08:46
He'll probably be a mentor in his next contract. He knows he's not a clear #1 anymore. But he still has juice in his tank, he's showing it even now.

vonbonds
02-19-2012, 10:51
i just want the team to continue trending upwards. i love marty and all, but clutch he has not been. i know hes getting older...which sucks ***, but im in the time to move on boat. i wish i wasnt, but i feel like someone electrocuted my nards when he lets in his typical softies. this team is so emotional that when one of those go in, theyre deflated. i can already feel them coming in the playoffs. it does not feel good. and if its against the rags....oooohhh man. ill shoot myself. now i dunno who the **** replaces both moose and marty, but yeah. im sure hell play another year or two, and i wont hate it or him, as i cant...but i cant say im a huge supporter of him being the number one.

I am afraid I agree with you completely...

He'll probably be a mentor in his next contract. He knows he's not a clear #1 anymore. But he still has juice in his tank, he's showing it even now.

Unless he finishes out this year playing like he has lately.

There, bases covered! Seriously though I am leaning towards Abo. I want Marty to leave the game playing very well, his legacy deserves it.

Devilsfanatic
02-19-2012, 10:57
Well it's not like he's playing very poorly either. His legacy isn't tarnished like Messier or Chelios.

bort
02-19-2012, 11:25
thats true of course. i think whatever rookie goalies get to learn from him will do a world of good. i reallllllly hope they draft vasilevski. ugh, want to touch the hiney. not his mind you, my own. its nice. my wife says its a muffin ***. i guess thats good. i dont really like muffins.

vonbonds
02-19-2012, 11:28
Well it's not like he's playing very poorly either. His legacy isn't tarnished like Messier or Chelios.

He isn't, that is my point. I doubt he goes out with a cup so I want him to go out playing at a very good level like he is today.

Dr. Doom
02-19-2012, 12:00
I would like to see Marty and Kinkaid next season. I do worry how much of a workload Kinkaid would be able to handle though. I guess it would be good if Wedgewood was in Albany so he could be called up if Kinkaid is having a tough time.

Devilsfanatic
02-19-2012, 12:12
Trade for Miller.

Dr. Doom
02-19-2012, 13:57
Palmieri gets some fighting tips from Boulton and Janssen:
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/nick_palmieri_learns_the_rules_of_fight_club_from_ eric_boulton_and_cam_janssen/#comments

I like this because I've always felt like he needed to add a more physical aspect to his game.

Devilsfanatic
02-19-2012, 14:00
Maybe he should ask Scotty for hitting tips.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-20-2012, 09:48
Larsson skated, Zajac did not. Volch and Sal didn't practice

Clarkson Falls Down
02-20-2012, 22:56
Financial situation looking up?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/smooth_skating_3zfYayAfJUcX6C2c1ZXKvJ

Lord Ned Stark
02-20-2012, 23:33
Financial situation looking up?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/smooth_skating_3zfYayAfJUcX6C2c1ZXKvJ

theoretically if they were to sell the team, would the new owners be able to move the franchise to wherever they wanted? or would that have to get approved first by the league

Big#D
02-21-2012, 05:59
theoretically if they were to sell the team, would the new owners be able to move the franchise to wherever they wanted? or would that have to get approved first by the league

They'd have to be approved by the league. And it might not be easy to get out of the arena lease as we've seen with Phoenix.

Honestly I think the best bet for the team financially is if (with the NHL BoG's agreement) someone takes over the debt of the team and forces them into bankruptcy and then converts that debt into equity into whatever organization comes out of the bankrupcy hearings. That way the new team essentially starts out debt free. Vanderbeek and Chambers get screwed out of their investment, but it's better than what they are facing now.

guyincognito
02-21-2012, 07:13
No, they would have to be sold separate from the Arena and that's a dicey situation as is. It'll all go eventually and no one would buy the team without the arena anyway because the bloated debt makes it stupid to buy it for a relocate, and the team leaving would sufficate the arena.

This sounds like non-bad news. That's the best way I would catagorize it. If true, at minimum it means they came up with a plan the NHL didn't balk at when they had to present it to them on 2/15 or whereabouts.

BUT, it still has to go through and I've heard other things too (not as good as a source as them having to present something by 2/15 or "seeya!" for JVB) that don't sound too good for ownership stability. I find it hard to believe that those things wouldn't be out there right now, though, because a lockeroom is alot of people and one guy can tell someone who can tell 5 people.

Big#D
02-21-2012, 07:55
if any of this stuff is true, i think this situation is going to end up like tampa/dallas with the ownership squabbles taking forever to be resolved before finding a white knight. i can't see vanderbeek being able to afford being a full nhl owner on the hook for any losses in the future. if he can't afford an 80M restructuring, he can't afford to service the remainder of the 200M debt.

this all assumes that anything coming out of the ny post is remotely accurate, which i'm still not sure how much is.

Big#D
02-21-2012, 08:05
was going to post this in the gdt, but thought better here.

schedule:
http://www.fantasyhockeycoach.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=485&d=1329840717

march is going to be crucial to the devils making the post season and their position within the division. total 11 divisional games left in a month and a half.
that being said, if the devils play .500 hockey the rest of the season, they end up with 96 points. that should be a little reassuring.

onefatsurfer
02-21-2012, 08:05
Yes, but if someone is willing to put up 80M to restructure the debt, they're probably going to be in this for the long haul, to make sure they get their $ back + profit. Having another source of $ is a good thing, no matter which way you slice it.

Big#D
02-21-2012, 08:16
Yes, but if someone is willing to put up 80M to restructure the debt, they're probably going to be in this for the long haul, to make sure they get their $ back + profit. Having another source of $ is a good thing, no matter which way you slice it.

if there's someone willing to put in the 80M, i'm pretty sure that person is already looking at taking an equity stake in the devils to make sure they don't lose the money. i could see a debt restructuring like i mentioned earlier come out of this where vanderbeek ends up with little to no ownership in the devils and the debt holder becoming the new owner of the team.

i'm guessing if the ny post / rumours are true, it's either the russian billionair nets owner or it's the wendy's guy.

jkrdevil
02-21-2012, 09:43
So are we at least going to have the money to make a legitimate offer to Parise come June? I don't care who owns the team (as long as it is in NJ), I just want the players to be able to be re-signed.

Lord Ned Stark
02-21-2012, 12:23
did any of you guys know marty made a pad size tweak?
http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2012/02/devils_goalie_martin_brodeur_t_3.html
interdasting

Devilsfanatic
02-21-2012, 12:27
Obviously, and I'd like to have him and Bernier for a combined 2.5M.

Lord Ned Stark
02-21-2012, 12:35
if he continues to play like he has been i'm all for it. when he got traded fans of other teams were like "prepare to be frustrated". honestly i think hes been pretty damn good. he's like a slightly less beastly zubrus and when you put them together some magic happens for some reason

vonbonds
02-21-2012, 18:03
Obviously, and I'd like to have him and Bernier for a combined 2.5M.

No Bernier please. The Devils need to address their team speed desperately. Get a faster FA.

Devilsfanatic
02-21-2012, 18:11
No Bernier please. The Devils need to address their team speed desperately. Get a faster FA.

You don't need speed when you're playing in the opposition blueline for your entire shift. He's able to protect the puck, and he's strong with it. When Sykora leaves and they insert Teddy, and maybe Zharkov, then they'll have it. Your finding the wrong guy to target.

vonbonds
02-21-2012, 18:42
You don't need speed when you're playing in the opposition blueline for your entire shift. He's able to protect the puck, and he's strong with it. When Sykora leaves and they insert Teddy, and maybe Zharkov, then they'll have it. Your finding the wrong guy to target.

I have nothing against him personally. He is far better than the other crap we have tossed out there on the 4th line (Boulton & Janssen). I just am desperate for more team speed.

devilzrule27
02-21-2012, 18:50

I agree. Not to mention I don't want the Devils to give up size. Having a guy like Bernier on our 4th like will be clutch.

Also like you I'm confident that Teddy will have a big role on the team next year playing with skill players. And anyone is faster then Sykora at this point.

Devilsfanatic
02-21-2012, 18:55
I have nothing against him personally. He is far better than the other crap we have tossed out there on the 4th line (Boulton & Janssen). I just am desperate for more team speed.

Not saying you do, bud. Just saying, he's a prototype 3/4 liner. He's got nice hands, tremendous size and uses the body. I think he's been a fantastic add, there's a reason why the team has been so good since he joined, he's brought stability.

Getzo5
02-21-2012, 19:10
And he`s smart enough, his hockey sense is apparent. Agreed with DF, 100%.

jkrdevil
02-21-2012, 19:22
I like Bernier. He has good hands. That is a very underrated quality. He would be like Henrique if he had speed.

Tao Jones
02-21-2012, 20:25
My Poni has half the goals and and a quarter +1 of the assists in two less than half of the games Neal Broten played for the Devils in 1995.

My Poni will potentially play five more games than NB did in '95.

Devilsfanatic
02-21-2012, 20:41
Nice lol

Lord Ned Stark
02-21-2012, 20:46
They have everything you want in a third line

Classic Devil
02-21-2012, 20:54
Size, strength on the puck, and scoring.

Devilsfanatic
02-21-2012, 20:56
Size, strength on the puck, and scoring.

Something the Devils haven't had since Eric Boulton, Cam Janssen, Tim Sestito, Brad Mills, Steven Zalewski, or Vladimir Zharkov.

Getzo5
02-22-2012, 09:55
We`re top3 in the league. The defense is good, no need for #1PMD. Henrique better not win the Calder, his next contract will be ridiculous.

Oh how deep have you fallen, Devils board. :facepalm:

Devilsfanatic
02-22-2012, 10:01
We`re top3 in the league. The defense is good, no need for #1PMD. Henrique better not win the Calder, his next contract will be ridiculous.

This is why the Leafs board and Rangers board are garbage too. Too many flaky opinions and **** like that, because there are too many posters. It's why we're informed here, and it will NEVER get to that point.

Getzo5
02-22-2012, 10:06
This is why the Leafs board and Rangers board are garbage too. Too many flaky opinions and **** like that, because there are too many posters. It's why we're informed here, and it will NEVER get to that point.This is why I love this paradise, an island of sanity.

onefatsurfer
02-22-2012, 10:08
i get frustrated by that place.

and i'm getting tired of the echo in there

Clarkson Falls Down
02-22-2012, 10:17

And then if they lose 2 of the next 3, they'll reverse those opinions - and be unbearable in doing so.

Devilsfanatic
02-22-2012, 10:23

Yep, I go over to read it, and I'm like, holy crap, what is this nonsense? Seriously, just die in a fire already.

Dr. Doom
02-22-2012, 10:26

LNS put it perfectly yesterday. He called them parrots over there.

Getzo5
02-22-2012, 11:02
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=44648593&postcount=741

guyincognito
02-22-2012, 13:41
And then if they lose 2 of the next 3, they'll reverse those opinions - and be unbearable in doing so.

2 out of 3? lol, all it'll take is a loss on Friday, which is pretty much probable.

Devilsfanatic
02-22-2012, 18:29
2 out of 3? lol, all it'll take is a loss on Friday, which is pretty much probable.

Yeah, a big loss on Friday will be hilarious to read.

We're better than that here though, right?

Lord Ned Stark
02-22-2012, 21:14
Devs are going to beat the Canucks 4 to 2. I just had a dream where a talking charizard told me so

Big#D
02-23-2012, 08:03
Devils lines in practice today per TG:
Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk
Sykora-Elias-Clarkson
Ponikarovsky-Zubrus-Bernier
Carter-Josefson-Palmieri
Boulton-Veilleux-Janssen

Salvador-Larsson
Greene-Fayne
Volchenkov-Foster
Taormina-Harrold

Brodeur
Hedberg

Those are lines that I think could work well in the post season if we didn't need toughness and perfect against a team like Vancouver.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-23-2012, 08:04
4 competent lines...whaaaaat?

now get Zajac back so Palmieri can scram and we'll be good to go

onefatsurfer
02-23-2012, 08:06
Now that lineup is appetizing!

devilzrule27
02-23-2012, 08:07
Salvador-Larsson
Greene-Fayne
Volchenkov-Foster

I'm not liking this. No reason to break up Salvador and Volchenkov.

Big#D
02-23-2012, 08:12
I'm hoping that Harrold and Vellieux "injure" themselves in practice just in time for Larsson and Carter to come off of LTIR and them to go on it. And that Janssen does something similar when it's time for Zajac to play.

I'm sure they'll work on being healed just in time for the end of the roster limit.

Dr. Doom
02-23-2012, 08:26
I'm hoping that Harrold and Vellieux "injure" themselves in practice just in time for Larsson and Carter to come off of LTIR and them to go on it. And that Janssen does something similar when it's time for Zajac to play.

I'm sure they'll work on being healed just in time for the end of the roster limit.
No need for that. They can just be sent back down to Albany. Also, we are a Zajac and Tallinder away from a healthy roster. Please happen!

Big#D
02-23-2012, 08:48
No need for that. They can just be sent back down to Albany. Also, we are a Zajac and Tallinder away from a healthy roster. Please happen!

Why send them back to Albany? I'd rather have them stick around until after the 23 man roster is lifted after the trade deadline and have 5 forward lines and 4 defence pairings just in case. That way you also don't burn your 4 call ups.

Dr. Doom
02-23-2012, 08:52
I think I'm not understanding what you're getting at. I thought you were saying that there wouldn't be room for Larsson and Carter with them on the roster.

I wonder if Larsson and Carter will be ready for tomorrow's game. They should definitely be ready for the Tampa game.

Devilsfanatic
02-23-2012, 09:03
I think I'm not understanding what you're getting at. I thought you were saying that there wouldn't be room for Larsson and Carter with them on the roster.

I wonder if Larsson and Carter will be ready for tomorrow's game. They should definitely be ready for the Tampa game.

There wouldn't be. Somebody has got to go. He's saying put Janssen and Veilluex on IR so that you don't have to send them back. After the trade deadline, there's no roster limit, so, then bring them off the IR and keep them up and you still are allowed to keep the max 4 callups that are allowed in the CBA post trade deadline.

That way you can have six extra bodies come playoff time instead of just four.

onefatsurfer
02-23-2012, 09:05
i thought once the playoffs started, anyone that's played at least one game during the regular season can be recalled

Dr. Doom
02-23-2012, 09:08
There wouldn't be. Somebody has got to go. He's saying put Janssen and Veilluex on IR so that you don't have to send them back. After the trade deadline, there's no roster limit, so, then bring them off the IR and keep them up and you still are allowed to keep the max 4 callups that are allowed in the CBA post trade deadline.

That way you can have six extra bodies come playoff time instead of just four.
gotcha

Big#D
02-23-2012, 09:10
i thought once the playoffs started, anyone that's played at least one game during the regular season can be recalled

yes, but i'd rather have the guys stay up and practice with the team before the playoffs and be ready to go if needed. and there's no cap worries, so why send them down if you don't have to? i just see it as a waste to send the guys to rot in albany for no specific reason.

Devilsfanatic
02-23-2012, 09:11

to a max of four players, I think.

Devilsfanatic
02-23-2012, 09:41
Nice nj.com article on coach PDB.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2012/02/devils_pete_deboer_has_inspire.html

Who is that tool on HF that has a fire DeBoer username? I knew I was right about him. Haters to the fucking left.

Dr. Doom
02-23-2012, 09:43
DeBoer as HC for the future is great. Let him develop with the team and develop trust and chemistry. Oh it feels good to have stability on the bench.

Devilsfanatic
02-23-2012, 09:50
I just hope he doesn't have a Sutter-esque playoff :laugh: then it'll be a whole summer of "we can't win with another Sutter, fire him, bring in Therrien"

When Zach Parise is gushing about him, it bodes well to Zach staying here.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-23-2012, 10:42
Nice nj.com article on coach PDB.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2012/02/devils_pete_deboer_has_inspire.html

Who is that tool on HF that has a fire DeBoer username? I knew I was right about him. Haters to the fucking left.

Used to be dzanimal.

I think he's hated every coach the past few years.

I like DeBoer's demeanor. I'm not a big fan of guys who yell over each and every little thing. That's what I didn't like about Sutter. I liked his system, but he needed a better temperament for an 82 game season.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-23-2012, 11:09
he just posted there today, and I posted that he should probably change his username lol

Devilsfanatic
02-23-2012, 11:24
To stupid titfucker

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-23-2012, 13:46
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=44724443&postcount=968

LOL.

Devilsfanatic
02-23-2012, 13:51
Looks like he came around. Tell him, have a mod change it to him.

Something like AirHeadDzanimal.

Getzo5
02-23-2012, 17:39
Da **** are you doing Jim?

Devilsfanatic
02-23-2012, 17:48
Hey Jim, you toolbox, you aren't sorry to be a contrarion, not at all. You're trying to stir the pot. You profess your love for this team and are surprised by them, and come up with that kind of post that rips on DeBoer? Screw you, *** hahahaha

I love that he's being a *****.

Getzo5
02-23-2012, 17:49
I mean, blatant trolling is blatant trolling, but seriously.

Even if you don`t care what people say, you don`t want to look like an ***, do ya? :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
02-23-2012, 17:53
Sure he does. I love it.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-23-2012, 18:30
I cant read his posts over there lol

Devilsfanatic
02-23-2012, 18:34
Says the wins mask the teams deficiencies. They're bad defensively, the blown leads are terrible, and they pinch too much and are just undisciplined.

Made me post twice on that stupid place. F you, Jim.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-23-2012, 19:55
so Trav and Tallywacker DID skate lightly today

Devilsfanatic
02-23-2012, 19:57
Tally has skated lightly before, they showed vid on the broadcast, but yeah, Zajac! His lightly is probably my full speed.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-23-2012, 20:01
just get them back for the playoffs, thats all I care about at this point

Devilsfanatic
02-23-2012, 20:03
Same :laugh: would love to get Zajac back by mid-March.

Dr. Doom
02-24-2012, 11:31
I'm not taking the Dustin Brown to us potential too seriously

If it were to happen though, we would HAVE to give up at least a foward.....we have enough fowards on the roster for 5 lines :laugh:
The rumors were apparently squashed

Clarkson Falls Down
02-25-2012, 09:05
Tom Gulitti ‏ @TGfireandice
Peter Harrold returned to Albany (AHL) according to roster on NHL media site.

Tao Jones
02-25-2012, 09:08
Boulton waived.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-25-2012, 09:14
Precursor to another move? Perhaps for a Center who's good on the draws?

But then again, he is still practicing today, so this could be Lou just hoping he gets claimed.

devilzrule27
02-25-2012, 09:32
Ah WTF. I'd much rather waive Janssen. Or better yet both of them. Yech.

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 09:56
Ah WTF. I'd much rather waive Janssen. Or better yet both of them. Yech.
Boulton has that extra year on his contract. I never understood it when we signed him. I don't think it means anything else is going to happen, but just that we are trying to get the people we want on the roster for the playoffs.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-25-2012, 10:02
Brodeur against Tampa.

devilzrule27
02-25-2012, 10:04
Boulton has that extra year on his contract. I never understood it when we signed him. I don't think it means anything else is going to happen, but just that we are trying to get the people we want on the roster for the playoffs.

And I'm saying Janssen is not someone we should want on our roster for the playoffs. I'd much rather have Boulton.

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 10:08
They are trying to dump that extra year though. That is the big part of him being on waivers.

devilzrule27
02-25-2012, 10:10
Dump the extra year in the offseason, there is no point in doing it right now. Just makes a player feel unwanted when he goes unclaimed.

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 10:17
With both Palmieri and Boulton (possibly) not on the team, I wonder what our 4th line will look like for the playoffs. Do we call Tedenby up or someone else? Do we go with Josefson-Zajac-Carter as the 4th line? I'd like that a lot or even Josefson-Zajac-Tedenby...talk about secondary scoring.

devilzrule27
02-25-2012, 10:23
I think you would be more likely to see Josefson-Carter-Bernier as the 4th line. Can't leave Zubrus at center.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-25-2012, 10:23
Brodeur against Tampa.

meh, would've rather play Moose

is marty going to play back to back since we play NYR monday?

devilzrule27
02-25-2012, 10:24

Thats what it sounds like according to Moose. Said he isn't scheduled to play either game.

jkrdevil
02-25-2012, 10:25

Looks like it. Moose is going to have to play a little bit though down the stretch. It is essentially games every other day for the rest of the season.

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 10:26
I think you would be more likely to see Josefson-Carter-Bernier as the 4th line. Can't leave Zubrus at center.
The Bernier-Zubrus-Poni line is playing so well that I don't think you can break them up.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-25-2012, 10:27
yea that I don't get...Moose should be playing tomorrow

oh well

devilzrule27
02-25-2012, 10:28
The Bernier-Zubrus-Poni line is playing so well that I don't think you can break them up.

Well you are probably talking about a month from now anyway. Things change.

Devilsfanatic
02-25-2012, 11:42
Waive Boulton over Janssen??????? LOL!

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 12:13
So this is what we currently look like:

Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk
Sykora-Elias-Clarkson
Bernier-Zubrus-Poni
Boulton/Jannsen-Josefson-Carter

Greene-Fayne
Salvador-Larsson
Volchenkov-Zidlicky

Add Zajac in there for the playoffs and Tallinder for 7D. I really like how our team looks.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-25-2012, 12:59
I don't want Deboer to make the mistake of tiring Marty out before the playoffs.

Getzo5
02-25-2012, 15:36
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1117119&page=27

I mean what the hell? They were actually trying to hype both teams as much as possible. This is just stupid. I love BC, but seriously.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-25-2012, 16:08
There are so many stupid and inane arguments over there. Way too much clutter. Once the discussion strays to **** like that, lock the thread or start kicking people out.

Makes it tougher for the posters who actually want to talk about the trade.

Devilsfanatic
02-25-2012, 16:15
There are so many stupid and inane arguments over there. Way too much clutter. Once the discussion strays to **** like that, lock the thread or start kicking people out.

Makes it tougher for the posters who actually want to talk about the trade.

yep. im so safe they can suck my nuts

Dr. Doom
02-27-2012, 09:07
Boulton clears waivers.

onefatsurfer
02-27-2012, 09:42
Boulton clears waivers.
http://berrymii.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/baby-shocked-face-03-copy.jpg

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-27-2012, 12:39
Tom Gulitti ‏ @TGfireandice

Zajac has progressed past point of light skating, but still needs to build up more strength in leg and is not ready to practice yet.

Dr. Doom
02-27-2012, 12:40
Just get him ready for the playoffs.