PDA

View Full Version : Devils News Thread (Urbom + Tao recalled)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Getzo5
04-19-2012, 08:31
My buddy was talking to Parise the other day and his fiancee today. The inside scoop is he could very well end up staying in NJ IF, and IF they go on a decent run but he WANTS to be on a win now type team. He specifically mentioned Detroit, NYR and a few others. He loved the east coast NYC area, so the NY pull is strong even if his future wife would LOVE to go to him home in Minny. He seemingly wants little to do with that or some high pressure Canadian bs too, like Montreal, Toronoto or anything, somewhat based on being a US kid too.

Who knows, but the next time I'm hanging out when he's there it'll probably be more clear as they put off any contract talks until after the season now. Once out, he'll (mostly through his agent) be dealing with Lou and trying to reup. I guess if they fall on their face and have no GT ready to go in for Marty soon, he'll be moving on. PLEASE no Detroit and I'll be sure to push Colorado!

Take it with a grain of salt of course. Nothing new really.

Dr. Doom
04-19-2012, 08:33
My buddy was talking to Kate Upton and she said she would bang me.

Getzo5
04-19-2012, 08:39
Uhm, OK.

Dr. Doom
04-19-2012, 08:42
Yup, that was pretty much my reaction to that quote.

And if he does leave because he doesn't think he can win here, fine. I'm not so sure we can win with him here.

Getzo5
04-19-2012, 08:57
Look...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=48398505&postcount=221

...yeah. I`m done with this.

devilzrule27
04-19-2012, 09:01
Whatever. Parise isn't a winner. He wants to ride the coattails of another star player. Go have fun with that. Take your awful postseason play somewhere else.

Dr. Doom
04-19-2012, 09:02
Look...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=48398505&postcount=221

...yeah. I`m done with this.
It's just that if you believed everything you heard second hand than there would be big problems. It isn't just it sports, but in life.

That being said, whatever happens, happens.

Getzo5
04-19-2012, 11:10
Does it matter what we believe in? We have no idea what is going on behind close doors. We can only assume.

Do you seriously think I believe that some anonymous post is legit? :facepalm: Muttley obviously does. No, I don`t, but it could be legit and that`s the point.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-20-2012, 08:04
Chris Johnston ‏ @reporterchris
Calder finalists are Landeskog, Henrique and Nugent-Hopkins.

Big#D
04-20-2012, 08:07
Chris Johnston ‏ @reporterchris
Water is wet

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-20-2012, 11:11
Rich Chere ‏ @Ledger_NJDevils
Devils recall Anderson, Hoeffel, Mills, Sestito, Sislo, Tedenby, Zalewski, Zharkov, Burlon, Corrente, Gelinas, Kelly, Leach, Taormina, Urbom

Rich Chere ‏ @Ledger_NJDevils
Also goalies Kinkaid and Frazee

Dr. Doom
04-20-2012, 12:56
took them long enough.

Big#D
04-20-2012, 13:01
"I'm from the belief that when time's on your side, you use it."
-lou

Vinnie
04-20-2012, 14:15
Wouldn't surprise me if he went to the Rangers or Red Wings. Martin said he wanted to "win now" when he signed with the Pens, how has that worked out for him? I'd like to keep Zach but I don't think it makes sense money-wise to spend that much money on two wingers.

devilzrule27
04-20-2012, 14:23
Wouldn't surprise me if he went to the Rangers or Red Wings. Martin said he wanted to "win now" when he signed with the Pens, how has that worked out for him? I'd like to keep Zach but I don't think it makes sense money-wise to spend that much money on two wingers.

If Parise goes balls out and carries us to a deep post season run then I'd be fore spending the cash on him. Otherwise that money can be spent somewhere else.

onefatsurfer
04-23-2012, 08:25
Zach is a goner.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-23-2012, 08:26
Tom Gulitti ‏ @TGfireandice
Panthers sell rats at games, collect them when thrown on ice, resell, and then blame (Devils) fans for throwing them.

hahahahahahahaahahah

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 08:31
Zach is a goner.
i think so too. only way he isn't is if they somehow pull this series out and i'm doubting they will.

i'm not going to be too beat up over it because i'm starting to doubt we can win a cup with him. the shitty part is we are going to suck next season if he leaves.

onefatsurfer
04-23-2012, 08:34
After watching the Kings game last night, we could really use someone like Richards or Dustin Brown. Man, I wish we had someone like Brown on the team. Dude is the epitome of a hockey player.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 08:37
I doubt we'll suck if he leaves. Will we be 100 pts good? No. But this is still a playoff team.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-23-2012, 08:39
a year ago if you would of told me he is gone I would literally be shook up about it

now, if we lose ANOTHER first round series with him doing very little, I won't care nearly as much. it will suck for sure, but I won't be disheartened.

and if they somehow try and go get Ryan Suter I will forget very quickly. but that wont happen either.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-23-2012, 08:40
There will be additions if Zach leaves. And we didn't get out of the first round with him as the go to guy so where's the drop off?

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 08:41
I'm still not convinced he leaves though. I feel like being captain and being the leader of this swarm it up crap, he really likes where he is. I'm 50-50 on it.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 08:42
Kovalchuk-Zajac-Tedenby
Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson
(empty)-Henrique-(empty)
(empty)-Josefson-(empty)

Greene-Fayne
Tallinder-Larsson
Volchenkov-Zidlicky

(empty)
(empty)

onefatsurfer
04-23-2012, 08:52
Tedenby 1st line RW? ok.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 08:58
I never said it was in order. It is what is available. There is also Boulton, but he is garbage.

onefatsurfer
04-23-2012, 09:01
Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus
Elias-Henrique-Tedenby
Ponikarovski-Josefson-Clarkson

Tallinder-Larsson
Greene-Fayne
Volchenkov-Zidlicky

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 09:09
I said it in other threads but I'll say it here too. If Parise leaves I think we have to resign Poni and Bernier. I wouldn't mind Carter too. Also, I think the only forwards out there that are high level after Parise are Penner and Boyes. That isn't too great. I don't think I would waste money on them unless they accepted a reasonable contract, which they won't.

Those lines aren't terrible. Tedenby would really need to step up if Parise left.

onefatsurfer
04-23-2012, 09:17
I'd be cool with picking up Penner

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-23-2012, 09:18
I just don't want Sykora back

at all.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 09:19
I'd be cool with picking up Penner
at the right price and length of contract.

I just don't want Sykora back

at all.
i'm right there with you. i knew he would be too tired by the time playoffs rolled around.

onefatsurfer
04-23-2012, 09:20
I'd like a non-retarded coach, too, but that might be asking for too much. I suppose Deboer deserves another year since he did bring the Devils back to the playoffs. He's been pathetic in this series, though.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 09:24
He is a good coach when it comes to the players. He is a bad coach when it comes to line matching. He doesn't seem to know how to outsmart the other coach.

onefatsurfer
04-23-2012, 09:25
I can't stand that we never get guys in front of the net when cycling the puck behind the net and in the corners.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 09:29
I can't stand that we never get guys in front of the net when cycling the puck behind the net and in the corners.
I think that's just our players. They have been horrible in front of the net for as long as I can remember. Parise used to be good at it but it seems like he can't bury any rebounds this season.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 09:29
That's on the players. What is he supposed to do? Go and drag them on the ice and put them there?

I'm sick and tired of the coach bashing. It's on the players, they play the game and they're the ones who aren't nutting it up. Stop blaming the damned coach. It's become such an easy excuse for the players and the fans.

***** Kovalchuk plays a perimeter game, Parise is non-existent, Clarkson has done nothing.

Zubrus, Elias, Fayne, Greene and Marty along with the 4th line are the only ones consistently performing.

He's not being outsmarted by Dineen in any way. The only time Dineen has called time was after the Panthers were down 3-2 in game one. After that, he did it again at 3-0 in the third. Lets not pretend Dineen has been Laviolette. He's been lucky that the pucks are bouncing the Panthers way right now and their PP is amazing. The Devils haven't done anything different on the PK than in the regular season, but it's just working in the Panthers favor for whatever reason. They've been some stinky power play goals as well.

All Dineen has done has flip-flopped goalies like a fiend and it's pissing me off. If we score five on Theodore on Tuesday and win, then you just know he'll throw Clemmensen back in there on Thursday and despite what gic says, switching between a left catching goalie and a right catching goalie is annoying for a shooter.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 09:37
I wasn't really talking about this series. I feel like DeBoer has been better than the regular season. During the regular season he really annoyed me with his line matching. I get that sometimes you don't want to line match every single line, but you can't consistently play your 4th line against another team's 1st line.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 09:40
The 4th line stuff is overblown when you look at Kovalchuk and Parise's minutes. Those guys barely played.

Hell, now, I'd prefer the 4th line out than those poofters we send out now.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-23-2012, 09:42
the Deboer hate is silly. why is it always the coaches fault? we scored 0 goals in game 5. our best players need to be our best players. Martin Brodeur has 1 point less than Parise and Kovalchuk. think about that.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 09:47
:laugh: we have two guys with six points in five games, combined while Claude Giroux had 14 points n six.

Parise and Kovalchuk aren't even in the top 50 of NHL playoff scoring. Such superstars as Sean Bergenheim, Matt Cooke, Gabriel Bourque, Tyler Kennedy and Rich Peverley are ahead of them :laugh:

We have 12 goals and 13 given up, they have 13 and 12 so it's not like either team is doing a fantastic job.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 09:48
The 4th line stuff is overblown when you look at Kovalchuk and Parise's minutes. Those guys barely played.

Hell, now, I'd prefer the 4th line out than those poofters we send out now.
the 4th line now is different than the 4th line earlier in the season. i also wasn't a fan of how many minutes Kovy was given.

the Deboer hate is silly. why is it always the coaches fault? we scored 0 goals in game 5. our best players need to be our best players. Martin Brodeur has 1 point less than Parise and Kovalchuk. think about that.
:facepalm:

*lou voice*
your best players need to be your best players

Getzo5
04-23-2012, 09:48
Well, Peverley and Bergenheim are proven to be good in the POs.

We will sign Bernier and Carter regardless. I`m not so sure about Poni anymore.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 09:49
Kovy was given the same amount of minutes under Lemaire and the same amount as he was in Atlanta. It's like a contract stipulation or something like that.

And it's mostly because he plays full PP time and was double shifting because our fourth line sucked. He coasts so much that 26 minutes a night for him is like 19 minutes a night for a hardworking player.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 09:50
Well, Peverley and Bergenheim are proven to be good in the POs.

We will sign Bernier and Carter regardless. I`m not so sure about Poni anymore.

They're still Peverley and Bergenheim. When you put them against Kovalchuk and Parise they shouldn't be in the conversation.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-23-2012, 09:52
we need a mighty ducks moment or something

team (or just Parise) comes out for the third period wearing a USA jersey. why can't he play like he did on that big stage?

Getzo5
04-23-2012, 09:53
They're still Peverley and Bergenheim. When you put them against Kovalchuk and Parise they shouldn't be in the conversation.No doubt about that but still. I`d take Briere over 99% of the "stars", so would you.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 09:56
Briere has always been a good player even in the regular season. I always liked him.

I just wish Parise and Kovalchuk wake up and say wait a minute, we're Parise and Kovalchuk, we make hockey our *****.

And then, make it so.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 09:57
Kovy was given the same amount of minutes under Lemaire and the same amount as he was in Atlanta. It's like a contract stipulation or something like that.

And it's mostly because he plays full PP time and was double shifting because our fourth line sucked. He coasts so much that 26 minutes a night for him is like 19 minutes a night for a hardworking player.
i wasn't a fan when other coaches did it either. kovy doesn't even get rest for a PP if he had a shift right before and they still play him the full 2 min. that's just stupid.

i give up. wake me up when we make it into the 2nd round in 10 years.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 10:00
That's on Kovy. If he didn't want to play all he has to do is say so. But he's an egomaniac who can't say no.

Getzo5
04-23-2012, 10:10
That's on Kovy. If he didn't want to play all he has to do is say so. But he's an egomaniac who can't say no.http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/25/article-0-02E3FB6A000005DC-36_468x310.jpg

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 10:18
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2snu0ChiE1qgpdw7o1_500.png

Big#D
04-23-2012, 10:45
"I'm full of chocolate and sweets!"

edit: correction redacted. i could have sworn he said "chocolate and sweets"

Clarkson Falls Down
04-23-2012, 11:18
I'd look at Hudler and Raymond as a reclamation project.

Gotta get quicker

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 11:19
Isn't Raymond an RFA?

Getzo5
04-23-2012, 11:30
I'd look at Hudler and Raymond as a reclamation project.

Gotta get quickerThat`s pretty much his only asset.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-25-2012, 13:30
so Kovy didnt make the final 16 in the NHL 13 vote

oh well