PDA

View Full Version : Mattias Tedenby: Larsson's Father

Dr. Doom
12-05-2011, 11:48
I know I'm one of the biggest Tedenby fans out there. Here is a thread for our Mighty Mouse.

What does everyone think his potential is? What are his positives and negatives?

Bring up any discussion you want.
http://i43.tinypic.com/ea2tzb.gif

Lord Ned Stark
12-05-2011, 12:02
Positives: dangles
Negatives: none

Lord Ned Stark
12-05-2011, 12:03
We have to win this game and that line has to produce so he can stay in the top 6. He is a scorer straight up just hadn't been given a chance

Dr. Doom
12-05-2011, 12:15
I think his potential is a top 6 RW/LW. I would say there is an extremely good chance he reaches his potential. The tools are already there, he just needs to get the mental part to the level of his skills.

Positives:
Skating/Speed
Stickhandling
Good shoot
Cycling

Negatives:
Defensive zone coverage
Can turnover the puck more than you would like to see
He needs to get stronger so that he can protect the puck better and not get knocked off easily

On a side note, possibly a positive too, his personality gives the team a lot of good energy. He has a great personality and is always joking around. I think this is great for the team because it brings everyone together and lightens the mood sometimes.

Jersey Man
12-05-2011, 13:02
He just needs to finish on some of the chances but I like what I am seeing so far if we're not including stats.

I remember this guy named Brian Gionta and he turned out okay.

SLNP
12-05-2011, 13:18
he does remind me a bit of Gionta but with more flash.

Dr. Doom
12-05-2011, 13:29
Tedenby is excited for the opportunity and noted the successful history Elias and Sykora have had together as linemates.

“They’re good players, of course,” Tedenby said. “Patty and Skyie together is the A Line, right? I just have to go and play my game. I played with Patty a lot last year and I think we played pretty good together.”

Tedenby believes he has been making progress in is play.

“I’ve felt better and better, my legs, lately, so it feels like it’s coming more and more,” Tedenby said.

Tedenby on what went through his mind while sitting on the bench for most of the third period Saturday: “Stay positive, cheer for the team, pushing the guys.”
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/deboer_seeking_scoring_balance_with_line_combinati on_changes_palmieris_wake-up_call/

How can you not love this kid?

Lord Ned Stark
12-05-2011, 13:30
if he had more lower body strength hed be disgusting. i think in a few years he will dominate

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-05-2011, 13:32
Tedenby and Gionta are not really similar players at all, IMO

Dr. Doom
12-05-2011, 13:35
I would say their only similarity is their size. Beyond that, they are different players.

Jersey Man
12-05-2011, 13:44
Yeah I was comparing the two with height.

Wingman77
12-05-2011, 14:50
I love everything about his game except for his tendencies to be lazy/off guard when he doesn't have the puck

I don't know how many of you had the opportunity to go to the rookie camp sesh they opened to the public over the summer in '09, but that was his first camp of any type with us I believe and I've been on his bandwagon since seeing him perform there

I'd compare him more to a Marty St. Louis, not fully Marty's game, but the similarities in size, speed, agility, dangles, work in the tough areas......I see the Gionta comparison as well but that is only really speed and height IMO, Gio is more of a north/south type player where Tedenby and St. Louis are more east/west

SLNP
12-05-2011, 18:32
if we're talking about comparing size why not just take half of the Canadiens roster. though it might only just reach teddys height when combined.