PDA

View Full Version : Official Football Thread (NFL & NCAA)

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-06-2011, 19:06
derp. derpy derp.

Devilsfanatic
12-06-2011, 19:07
It's time for a great game of FOOTBALL!

Devilsfanatic
12-11-2011, 18:51
TEBOW TIME! I can't believe it, he did it again. #Broncos

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-12-2011, 06:09
I am on the Tebow bandwagon

Dr. Doom
12-12-2011, 20:18
I'm 2.2 points behind and only have Lynch. He better fucking get the ball at the end of the game.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-12-2011, 20:24
Sparano fired, Bowles named interem

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/12/2543293/miami-dolphins-fire-coach-tony.html

I'm meh on this. I guess its good since he was out anyways and you can now get the jump on a new head coach

but i never really hated him.

Dr. Doom
12-12-2011, 20:30
Lynch just won my week for me on that run. 13 game win streak.

guyincognito
01-08-2012, 14:56
This got buried. Hey, anything's gotta be better than Pac pretending he's been a Packers fans all his life and people rooting for Tebow because they hate militant atheists. lol.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-08-2012, 18:46
Well, I got reprimanded over there 2 years ago for calling out pac for suddenly becoming a Yankees fan after he claimed himself to be a Mets fan. I think he's a little Emo but I can't confirm this (cfd4)

vonbonds
01-08-2012, 19:18
Well, I got reprimanded over there 2 years ago for calling out pac for suddenly becoming a Yankees fan after he claimed himself to be a Mets fan. I think he's a little Emo but I can't confirm this (cfd4)

LOLOL...well played!

Getzo5
01-09-2012, 09:57
Remember when he suddenly became a life-long Liverpool fan? I`ve given up already.

Whatever, let him root for anybody he wants. Didn`t jump the ship last year, idc about the other sports.

vonbonds
01-09-2012, 09:59
Remember when he suddenly became a life-long Liverpool fan? I`ve given up already.

Whatever, let him root for anybody he wants. Didn`t jump the ship last year, idc about the other sports.

I think he is an only child and is used to winning. It is a great way to live flip-flopping to the good teams as you will have a happier sports life..LOL.

Getzo5
01-09-2012, 10:11
I think he is an only child and is used to winning. It is a great way to live flip-flopping to the good teams as you will have a happier sports life..LOL.He makes Trottier look like a hardcore fan. roflcopter

guyincognito
01-09-2012, 14:19

lol, I'd agree 100% if he didn't start talking **** on the Giants. But hey, he can always become a Giants fan after next week.

jkrdevil
01-14-2012, 18:05
Giving this thread a bump as the Broncos are playing and according to HF anyone rooting against them are anti-religion (and I'm not even rooting against them this week).

Getzo5
01-14-2012, 18:24
Giving this thread a bump as the Broncos are playing and according to HF anyone rooting against them are anti-religion (and I'm not even rooting against them this week).According to BG. No generalization please.

Vinnie
01-14-2012, 19:23
Militant atheists! Ahhhh! :laugh:

JimEIV
01-14-2012, 20:38
I like football. It is nice.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-14-2012, 22:26
I've never been so happy about sports in a long time. On cloud nine.

guyincognito
01-15-2012, 05:25
He did it again? :laugh: Did he hear this on Fox and Friends?

guyincognito
01-15-2012, 05:26
I've never been so happy about sports in a long time. On cloud nine.

LOL, I stormed out in a huff after the Graham TD because I figured the Giants season was over before they even played. (Honestly I'd rather lose respectfully to the Pack than get massacred in that hellhole of a dome a week later) When I got to where I was going, I was stunned. Still haven't seen it.

guyincognito
01-15-2012, 16:57
I think the NFL has cloned like 20 refs out of Mick McGeough and that crooked NBA ref. Never before have I been thrilled and absolutely disgusted at the same time. :laugh:

vonbonds
01-15-2012, 17:36
That was a poorly officiated game (NY @ GB).

Clarkson Falls Down
01-15-2012, 17:39
Now I'm going to have to hear it from all the bandwagon jumpers this week and the Niners bandwagon jumpers probably aren't going to help things.

vonbonds
01-15-2012, 17:43
GB was in a tough spot with Philbon's son dying. I am not surprised they lost in this fashion...with them playing flat.

vonbonds
01-22-2012, 15:13
**** **** **** **** **** what a fucking choke job by lee evans and that ****** kicker!!!!!!!!!!

Devilsfanatic
01-22-2012, 15:26
Hilarious.

vonbonds
01-22-2012, 15:28
If my family wasn't home I think I would have broken something here. It is a shame I am this upset..HAHA. I want to put my fist through every wall in my house!

Zajac's Bowl Cut
01-23-2012, 05:32
go ginas

guyincognito
01-23-2012, 15:34
gotta get this thread moving, the one over there is just too douchy to tolerate. BG should be threadbanned from football threads, he's pretty bad at it.

Devilsfanatic
01-23-2012, 15:37
I tried to yesterday. No one was listening.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-23-2012, 16:35
gotta get this thread moving, the one over there is just too douchy to tolerate. BG should be threadbanned from football threads, he's pretty bad at it.

He should be banned from all threads, but I digress.

And I'm in no shape to get this thread moving after yesterday. This one's gonna stick with me for awhile.

guyincognito
01-23-2012, 16:44
He should be banned from all threads, but I digress.

And I'm in no shape to get this thread moving after yesterday. This one's gonna stick with me for awhile.

Yeah, that was the most stressful football game I've ever watched.

Devilsfanatic
01-23-2012, 16:47
I'm still mad at Williams and Cundiff. I'm even more upset with those threatening to kill both guys.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-23-2012, 16:56
I refuse to blame just Williams because he isn't the only one to blame, but man. Letting that punt hit you in the leg, up 14-10 with all the momentum and one TD away from realistically putting the game away?

And then the last one? Ugh.

vonbonds
01-23-2012, 17:02
I refuse to blame just Williams because he isn't the only one to blame, but man. Letting that punt hit you in the leg, up 14-10 with all the momentum and one TD away from realistically putting the game away?

It is hard to blame one player in football but man, he is doing his best to take 100% of the blame....yikes.

Devilsfanatic
01-23-2012, 17:03

Smith''s throws were pathetic too. That one where he kind of threw it at the guys knees in particular being bad.

Being 0-11 on 3rd down situations was pitiful too.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
01-23-2012, 17:08
Ted ginn wouldn't have done that!

Krinkle
01-24-2012, 21:58
I'm still mad at Williams and Cundiff. I'm even more upset with those threatening to kill both guys.

Starts at the top with both plays. The assholes with the threats? Yeah, pissed off losers taking a game too seriously. Pay them no mind.

Harbaugh...how's he not call timeout. Apparently there's been rumblings that the stadium scoreboard was wrong. It had 2nd down on 3rd down, and then of course 3rd down on 4th down, all after that fumble out of bounds that even the TV guys I think got wrong (though they maybe keyed in to the stadium clocks and not the field markers) So Cundiff went to get in "3rd down zone mode" and then just heard yelling 'FIELD GOAL FIELD GOAL' which is why he was dashing onto the field late. Whatever the reasoning, if you're a head coach and you see your kicker about to kick the tying FG in the fucking AFC Championship SPRINTING to make the play in time, call time out, it's not icing! It's giving him a breather.

The other Harbaugh...why the hell do you put a guy in with a bad shoulder out in OT to field a kick. A bad leg, hammy, concussion, fine. I don't even know if it was the one where he was stripped on, but still - it COULD be that one if he knows how to carry the ball properly, away from the defender or just towards the sideline. Even that aside, that 3 and out in the end of regulation that took what, 18seconds off the clock and handed the ball back to the Giants with a chance to win the game? Stupid. You know then right there, Giants were winning that game, the 9ers clearly had no idea how to handle that type of 2 minute drill, which in a tie playoff game, is NOT a classic two minute drill. You do not have to score right there, all you have to do is hold onto the ball. You have plenty of time. Eons actually, this drive right here told me they were rattled:

San Francisco 49ers at 01:47
1-10-SF 29 (1:47) (Shotgun) 11-Alex Smith pass incomplete short right to 15-M.Crabtree.
2-10-SF 29 (1:39) (Shotgun) 11-Alex Smith pass incomplete short right to 15-M.Crabtree.
3-10-SF 29 (1:33) (Shotgun) 11-Alex Smith pass incomplete deep right to 46-D.Walker.
4-10-SF 29 (1:29) 4-A.Lee punts 59 yards to NYG 12, Center-86-B.Jennings. 31-A.Ross to NYG 18 for 6 yards (51-B.Costanzo).

They had all 3 of their timeouts. On your own 30, you need 60 yards in 1:47, your RB has been dominating the game, and you try to WR screen type debacles that miss completely, then are forced to go deep.

I don't get it with NFL coaches these days, you have to understand that you need to get the first down FIRST, then worry about taking chunks of yardage out. If you don't get a first down or two, which you can with all 3 of your timeouts still, at least set up a last ditch effort to gain the yards needed to get in FG range, and call timeout with a few seconds left. That series right there just screamed inexperience and nerves, it was over right then and there.

Both those games were what happens all too often in the NFL playoffs - not who's clearly superior, but who just fucks up first. But that seems to be the measure of greatness in the NFL - not fucking up.

The leg one was beyond me. He felt that. You saw his reaction. He looked at the ball and immediately said, "**** it, fake it, maybe they'll buy it" Didn't work so well did it.

I'm still in awe at the Bradshaw call. That's a fumble. Any way you slice it. Guys drive for that extra inch all the time, and they play til they are down by being taken to the ground. Even when being dragged backwards, I've seen players, usually folks donning green from a city in Eastern PA , hold guys up like that to bring them down, then next thing you know - that same guy is dancing in the back of the end zone. It's a subjective call like an NHL ref with the "intent to blow the whistle", and that blows. When did this sissiness start? I seriously missed the memo on it.

Krinkle
01-24-2012, 22:06
OH and GIC, I just saw your rant at me about Eli being MVP or something in HF...what was that in response to, something specific or just me being a Giant hating **** as I usually am? :biglaugh:

guyincognito
01-24-2012, 22:20
OH and GIC, I just saw your rant at me about Eli being MVP or something in HF...what was that in response to, something specific or just me being a Giant hating **** as I usually am? :biglaugh:

Hell if I remember. :laugh:

But I do think he's the most valuable player in the league this year, other than Peyton. Of course guys like Apice take it literally (I could take the Packers backup QB and he could make the Saints respectable, the Giants would be hopeless with a mediocre QB, let alone a bad one)...... so I kinda lost interest pretty fast.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-24-2012, 22:57
Bradshaw fumbled. I don't care what anyone says. I love the way Bradshaw plays but the way he fights for every yard, he shouldn't have gotten that whistle. He was still fighting.

Devilsfanatic
01-25-2012, 06:39
Yeah, the MVP should go to Peyton Manning.

Krinkle
01-25-2012, 10:46
Hell if I remember. :laugh:

But I do think he's the most valuable player in the league this year, other than Peyton. Of course guys like Apice take it literally (I could take the Packers backup QB and he could make the Saints respectable, the Giants would be hopeless with a mediocre QB, let alone a bad one)...... so I kinda lost interest pretty fast.

MVP is a rough one on Eli this year. I think people misuse the term MVP.

As others have pointed out, and myself - Peyton is clearly the most valuable asset as a player to his team.

The case for Eli......Has he played well all season?

Yes

Is this his most consistent season yet?

Yes

Can they win without him?

Probably

Are they are where they are because of him?

No.

They were a mess this year with injuries, the lack of a run game, and an inconsistent defense. Not shocking that once the running game got it together, and the defense got healthy and the Oline has been giving him eons on the pocket, they are where they are.

The Giants are a complete package right now, just like they were when they last beat NE in the SB, no single player made that happen. Well maybe the guy who stuck an assload of stickytac to Tyrees helmet, but other than that it was only happened when pieces were put together in the right places.

My money on the MVP?

Tebow

Remember it's media and coaches who vote on this **** right? Tebow this Tebow that, non stop this year.

Brees is a candidate as well but he's got a lot of talent to work with, just like Rodgers.

Arian Foster is a solid candidate, and Gronkowski - who I think is the best receiver in the game - are also in the mix.

guyincognito
01-25-2012, 13:52
MVP is a rough one on Eli this year. I think people misuse the term MVP.

As others have pointed out, and myself - Peyton is clearly the most valuable asset as a player to his team.

The case for Eli......Has he played well all season?

Yes

Is this his most consistent season yet?

Yes

Can they win without him?

Probably

Are they are where they are because of him?

No.

They were a mess this year with injuries, the lack of a run game, and an inconsistent defense. Not shocking that once the running game got it together, and the defense got healthy and the Oline has been giving him eons on the pocket, they are where they are.

The Giants are a complete package right now, just like they were when they last beat NE in the SB, no single player made that happen. Well maybe the guy who stuck an assload of stickytac to Tyrees helmet, but other than that it was only happened when pieces were put together in the right places.

My money on the MVP?

Tebow

Remember it's media and coaches who vote on this **** right? Tebow this Tebow that, non stop this year.

Brees is a candidate as well but he's got a lot of talent to work with, just like Rodgers.

Arian Foster is a solid candidate, and Gronkowski - who I think is the best receiver in the game - are also in the mix.

The part you're missing is that you have to be in position to get there. And at one point this was a 6-2 team no thanks to basically anyone other than him and his receivers. Without that, they win 4 or 5 games, tops. Whether or not everything else kicks in (and no way in hell has he gotten great protection the last two weeks, he got killed this week and the Packers were laying him out (illegally) the week before.), if you're not in position to make something out of it, it means nothing. You know, like the Devils last season. :laugh:

Krinkle
01-25-2012, 14:13
The part you're missing is that you have to be in position to get there. And at one point this was a 6-2 team no thanks to basically anyone other than him and his receivers. Without that, they win 4 or 5 games, tops. Whether or not everything else kicks in (and no way in hell has he gotten great protection the last two weeks, he got killed this week and the Packers were laying him out (illegally) the week before.), if you're not in position to make something out of it, it means nothing. You know, like the Devils last season. :laugh:

They were 6 and 2 against some **** teams though.

And they lost that game in Seattle on a pick 6 he threw at the end of the game.

Then they went on a really bad skid and backed into the playoffs because of a FG block by JPP.

You don't get MVP for holding the fort down until your defense finally shows up to take you home, there was a clear turning point in that team's season and it had little to do with Manning - it's nothing against him, but that kind of player on that kind of team is not, in my mind, MVP material. Offensive player of the year? Sure. MVP? Nope.

guyincognito
01-25-2012, 14:21
Out of the first six games they won, they only win 1 of them without Eli, the other 5 were all 4th quarter comebacks, a couple of which were multiple scores. Without the comebacks, they are 1-7 and nothing that happens afterwards matters. You're taking it literally like Apice. lol.

Krinkle
01-25-2012, 15:11
Out of the first six games they won, they only win 1 of them without Eli, the other 5 were all 4th quarter comebacks, a couple of which were multiple scores. Without the comebacks, they are 1-7 and nothing that happens afterwards matters. You're taking it literally like Apice. lol.

One was Philly - I could've led that team against the Eagles in a 4th quarter come back

That Miami game was ATROCIOUS

The Buffalo game I'll give you because that was during the 15 minutes the Bills actually pretended to be a team this year, but that wasn't a comeback - Buffalo tied it in the 4th and the Giants got a FG to win it.

The NE game was a shootout in the 4th, so I'll give you that - they had the ball last and he got it done.

I wouldn't tout comebacks over **** teams like Miami, Arizona, St. Louis and Philly as reasons for being named MVP - an MVP shouldn't need to come back against those teams :laugh:

Getzo5
01-25-2012, 15:46
I wouldn't tout comebacks over **** teams like Miami, Arizona, St. Louis and Philly as reasons for being named MVP - an MVP shouldn't need to come back against those teams :laugh:No offense, but that seems like a BS argument to me. You can play like a freakin Joe Montana if your opponent`s defense has a good day and your recievers don`t.

Krinkle
01-25-2012, 18:18
No offense, but that seems like a BS argument to me. You can play like a freakin Joe Montana if your opponent`s defense has a good day and your recievers don`t.

And the flip side of that coin:

You can play like **** and your WR's can make you look amazing. How many plays have you seen where it's just a little WR screen or a slant and next thing you know it's 90 yards for the TD?

My argument here is simple:

If you're going to be the MVP, you don't go 9-7 on the year b/c your defense gets all jacked up and you can't score points to help them out. There are teams with way worse defenses who had their QB's take on that load and march onto 13 or 15 win seasons.

Krinkle
01-25-2012, 19:01
Anyone onto real important stuff.

Pats are giving 3

Line is 55 and a half.

What say you fellow degenerates?

Getzo5
01-25-2012, 19:02
I`m not arguing your general point, just that specific argument. ;) I don`t think he should get the MVP either.

Krinkle
01-25-2012, 19:38
Ah gotcha. QBs are one of those weird positions.

I hate that passing/recieving yards (mostly YAC) are given to the QB AND to the WR. I think it should be PASSING yards to the QB as in how many yards the ball traveled in the air, and RECIEVING yards should be how far you ran with the ball once you caught it. Sure then there's the argument of, "Well if he hit that guy in stride that's an 80 yard TD play off a 10 yard pass" , but no system is perfect.

vonbonds
01-25-2012, 19:48
Anyone onto real important stuff.

Pats are giving 3

Line is 55 and a half.

What say you fellow degenerates?

I like the Giants outright and I don't think it will be nearly as high scoring as some are saying. A combo of the Giants D-line and Gronkowski's ligament damage is my reasoning.

guyincognito
01-25-2012, 19:48
One was Philly - I could've led that team against the Eagles in a 4th quarter come back

That Miami game was ATROCIOUS

The Buffalo game I'll give you because that was during the 15 minutes the Bills actually pretended to be a team this year, but that wasn't a comeback - Buffalo tied it in the 4th and the Giants got a FG to win it.

The NE game was a shootout in the 4th, so I'll give you that - they had the ball last and he got it done.

I wouldn't tout comebacks over **** teams like Miami, Arizona, St. Louis and Philly as reasons for being named MVP - an MVP shouldn't need to come back against those teams :laugh:

Whatever. You're just bitter because Eli Manning is about to win two more SB's than all of the QB's that have ever played for the Eagles put together. :P

QBs also don't play defense.

Obviously he's not going to get the MVP for many reasons put below. But IMO, he is the MVP of the NFL this year out of players who actually played, in my opinion. If he didn't play for that team, they are drafting in the top 10. They're playing in the Super Bowl. I know it hurts to give credit where credit is due, but whatever.

devilzrule27
01-26-2012, 07:55
Greg Schiano to Tampa Bay! As a Rutgers fan I couldn't be happier. Hopefully now we can get someone who can actually coach and recruit instead of a guy who was just a good recruiter.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
01-26-2012, 08:15
I really can't believe that Schiano is an NFL coach

I understand that he "resurrected" Rutgers football, but yea

Clarkson Falls Down
01-26-2012, 08:21
LOL I heard this on the radio just as I woke up and I basically reacted like this: http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/843606/rob.gif

But with bewilderment instead of anger.

vonbonds
01-26-2012, 09:51
Greg Schiano to Tampa Bay! As a Rutgers fan I couldn't be happier. Hopefully now we can get someone who can actually coach and recruit instead of a guy who was just a good recruiter.

My question is....is Greg Schiano the best Rutgers can get as a coach? Being born and bred in NJ I have always wanted RU to be good but I have accepted the fact they probably never will be. What options do they have at this point to find a talented RECRUITER as well as X & O guy?

I don't follow the college game as much due to life getting in the way so maybe I am not seeing this right but I think losing Schiano isn't good for RU.

devilzrule27
01-26-2012, 12:45
My question is....is Greg Schiano the best Rutgers can get as a coach? Being born and bred in NJ I have always wanted RU to be good but I have accepted the fact they probably never will be. What options do they have at this point to find a talented RECRUITER as well as X & O guy?

I don't follow the college game as much due to life getting in the way so maybe I am not seeing this right but I think losing Schiano isn't good for RU.

Well two names I keep hearing are Mario Cristobal, which to me would be a lateral move in the sense that he is a very strong recruiter but perhaps not a great HC, and KC Keeler which I think could have the potential to be a great hire and would be my main target for the job. He's a top notch recruiter and runs one of the top programs at the FCS level.

Devilsfanatic
01-26-2012, 14:01
Remember how pro Rutgers Jonathan was? Hai guys, how fun is it to be from NJ, herp.

guyincognito
01-26-2012, 14:11
Just totally bizarre. There's no other word to describe that. Schiano was an NFL assistant but he's so far removed from it. And how the **** do you go from Chip Kelly to Greg Schiano? No direction whatsoever there. As for the next coach, they had a really good recruiting class this year, key word being HAD. Unless they pull something out of their ***, they're going to lose all of their top end guys.

Krinkle
01-26-2012, 19:03
Whatever. You're just bitter because Eli Manning is about to win two more SB's than all of the QB's that have ever played for the Eagles put together. :P

QBs also don't play defense.

Obviously he's not going to get the MVP for many reasons put below. But IMO, he is the MVP of the NFL this year out of players who actually played, in my opinion. If he didn't play for that team, they are drafting in the top 10. They're playing in the Super Bowl. I know it hurts to give credit where credit is due, but whatever.

Look even my work buddies who are die hards laugh at Eli being MVP this year. He had those moments this year where you were like , "**** here it comes, seasons over" MANY times actually :laugh:

Agree to disagree

Schiano now, that's fucked up

My wife said, "Well he said 10 years when he signed up he'd reevaluate"

He's got 5 years on his contract - yeah we've never gotten a BCS game or won a Big East title, two things I thought he said he was gonna do. That said he did put that program back on the map in a big way. Why announce this days before signing day is brutal. But I'll tip my hat, that's a bigger **** move to lure these kids in and then say, "Oh yeah **** you guys see yah!"

Krinkle
01-26-2012, 19:04
Remember how pro Rutgers Jonathan was? Hai guys, how fun is it to be from NJ, herp.

That kid is the biggest tool on HF. Worse than that Vancouver homer on the mainboards and that Rag mod who liked Kim Possible

Clarkson Falls Down
01-30-2012, 14:15
So Cristobal turned down Rutgers to stay at FIU. FML.

guyincognito
01-30-2012, 15:14
So Cristobal turned down Rutgers to stay at FIU. FML.

Probably didn't want to pay him. Isn't he implicated in the Miami ****, though?

Devilsfanatic
01-30-2012, 15:55
:laugh: Peyton's nemesis and brother playing for the SB on his own turf. Classic.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-30-2012, 16:04
Probably didn't want to pay him. Isn't he implicated in the Miami ****, though?

I'm not sure about that. But I do know that the athletic program is bleeding money and they probably don't want to give another football coach a salary north of 2 million.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
01-31-2012, 05:23
didn't Rutgers interview the Temple guy too?

vonbonds
01-31-2012, 18:51
Kyle Flood Named 29th Head Football Coach of Rutgers University

http://www.scarletknights.com/football/news/release.asp?prID=11297#.Tyioc4NSS1M

guyincognito
02-05-2012, 19:09
Not one to talk ****, :laugh:, but like I said, league MVP

Devilsfanatic
02-05-2012, 19:18
I don't know who I hated more, I really just wanted an a-bomb to drop on the stadium and no one wins.

Krinkle
02-06-2012, 09:48
I fucking hate the NFL

vonbonds
02-06-2012, 12:37
I fucking hate the NFL

Why?

devilzrule27
02-06-2012, 12:58
I don't know who I hated more, I really just wanted an a-bomb to drop on the stadium and no one wins.

I was rooting for this as well, then again I only watched the last 5 minutes of the game. I haven't been this disinterested in a superbowl in a long time.

vonbonds
02-06-2012, 13:10
I was rooting for this as well, then again I only watched the last 5 minutes of the game. I haven't been this disinterested in a superbowl in a long time.

It was the worst possible matchup up for a Jets fan. At least it has only been relived twice in 5 years...YIKES!

Clarkson Falls Down
02-06-2012, 14:28

LOL I'm with you two.

I watched the game for the most part and thought it was a good game, but not a great game that many are making it out to be. There was a dearth of big plays and there wasn't as much drama as years past.

Dr. Doom
02-06-2012, 14:41
Most of the people saying it was a great game (myself included) have been Pats or Giants fans because there was an emotional investment in it and how close the entire game was

That last minute or two was as nail-biting for me as ever

I can see where some feel it got dull at times which I do agree with
I'm not a fan of either team, but I guess since I wanted the Pats to lose so badly and watching the Pats fans eat their words made it great for me.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-06-2012, 14:46
Most of the people saying it was a great game (myself included) have been Pats or Giants fans because there was an emotional investment in it and how close the entire game was

That last minute or two was as nail-biting for me as ever

I can see where some feel it got dull at times which I do agree with

I totally get your standpoint. I was a close game and the outcome wasn't decided until the end.

I'm just saying that it just lacked the great finish and a little of the big plays throughout all 4 quarters.

vonbonds
02-06-2012, 14:49
It was a fairly pedestrian game if you didn't have any skin in the game as far as a rooting interest. Lots of underneath passing with very few big plays. The biggest problem was neither team played their best. It was a big stage and it showed save for a few spectacular plays.

Krinkle
02-06-2012, 15:02
Why?

Eagles fan , surrounded by Giants fans. My life as a football fan has been nothing but torture.

And yeah I agree with everyone on the game itself - it was exciting only because it was close the entire time. But was very fitting for the NFL this year, there was really no WOW factor to any one team. Every team had glaring weaknesses that could be exposed at any time given the right matchup. I guess that's what they wanted when they set out to achieve parity in the league? This game had the potential to be a classic high octane offense versus an in your face defense - but neither of those really showed up. It was very ho hum matter of fact plays on both sides, with again, a few big mistakes in key places.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-06-2012, 15:04
officially free agent/draft season!!

guyincognito
02-06-2012, 16:08
I think in most other decades this would have been a really good SB, just in that it wasn't one team kicking the crap out of another one. We've been pretty spoiled lately with them.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
03-09-2012, 11:59
Manning watch '12.

Devilsfanatic
03-09-2012, 12:12
Denver.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
03-09-2012, 13:02
Giants cut Brandon Jacobs

Clarkson Falls Down
03-09-2012, 14:24
Giants cut Brandon Jacobs

**** him.

And the Colts are basically going to have a whole new team next year.

vonbonds
03-09-2012, 14:31
Manning watch '12.

I will watch him get hurt during OTA's or preaseason and he doesn't play a down.

devilzrule27
03-09-2012, 19:46
hahahahaha stupid redskins

3 1st rounders and a 2nd to move up 4 spots in the draft. Good for the Rams. hahahaha

jkrdevil
03-09-2012, 20:17
Jets sign Sanchez to an extension.

vonbonds
03-10-2012, 09:09
hahahahaha stupid redskins

3 1st rounders and a 2nd to move up 4 spots in the draft. Good for the Rams. hahahaha

I will bet you a beer 5 years from now this trade will be looked at as the best thing Daniel Snyder's regime has ever done. The NFL is split into 2 categories, teams with capable QB's and teams without. The Skins had to do this, plain and simple. With free agency the loss of #1 picks isn't as big a deal to me.

As always time will tell. I personally think RG3 will be something absolutely special in the NFL for years to come.

vonbonds
03-10-2012, 09:09
Jets sign Sanchez to an extension.

I mentioned two types of teams above...Sanchez :(.

pariseforpresident
03-10-2012, 09:30
RG3 may have the talent, but with a loss of 2 1sts and the fact that there's no offense there already to help him, he's gonna have a tough time in that division doing it by himself

vonbonds
03-10-2012, 09:35
RG3 may have the talent, but with a loss of 2 1sts and the fact that there's no offense there already to help him, he's gonna have a tough time in that division doing it by himself

RB's grow on trees these days and there are plenty of FA WR upgrades available to them. They will probably be a run first team next year as they work RG3 into the game plan more. What was Washington supposed to do? Their existing QB's are blah and another losing season without light at the end of the tunnel means Shanahan gets fired and they start all over again. This breaks that cycle and provides the path going forward. Now if RG3 turns out to be a Sanchez then this will be looked on as a gigantic failure.

pariseforpresident
03-10-2012, 09:43
My one concern is that Washington never brings in the right personnel :laugh:

It's a move that they probably have to make but given the team's past decisions, I'm skeptical it pans out

Dr. Doom
03-10-2012, 09:45
It will be tough to know if this was a good move for Washington until we see how RGIII plays in the NFL. It is however already a win for St. Louis. They already have their QB and they just picked up a boatload of picks to build a team around him. St. Louis could be really good in a couple of years. They already have a great RB, which hopefully they are able to hold onto.

vonbonds, what's your opinion on extending Sanchez? I know ILIVM likes the move.

devilzrule27
03-10-2012, 09:51
I will bet you a beer 5 years from now this trade will be looked at as the best thing Daniel Snyder's regime has ever done. The NFL is split into 2 categories, teams with capable QB's and teams without. The Skins had to do this, plain and simple. With free agency the loss of #1 picks isn't as big a deal to me.

As always time will tell. I personally think RG3 will be something absolutely special in the NFL for years to come.

Thats setting the bar real low. I mean it could be looked at as great because they don't have to pay their next two first round picks, which will likely be in or around the top ten, huge signing bonuses anymore! :biglaugh:

two skins fans in my family aren't loving this at all.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
03-10-2012, 11:51
I like RGIII a lot and think he is the real deal, but valuewise that is an absolutely abominable trade by the Redskins to move up FOUR spots, you trade THREE firsts and a 2nd? that is just bad.

also LOL @ the Jets for that Sanchez contract

jkrdevil
03-10-2012, 12:14
It isn't a great trade, but you can't look at it as just moving up 4 spots, because there was no chance said player they want falls those four spots, and they are ensured they get a player and position they want and need (even if the Colts for some strange reason select RGIII, the Skins would still get Luck). So you kind have to look at it as a trade for a specific player.

So is RGIII worth giving up an addition two #1's and a 2nd round pick? The position is a premium one and the price is high. Especially for one that is considered to be a potential franchise one. Hell a shitty (and at the time retired) Carson Palmer got dealt for a #1 and a #2.

vonbonds
03-10-2012, 12:48
It will be tough to know if this was a good move for Washington until we see how RGIII plays in the NFL. It is however already a win for St. Louis. They already have their QB and they just picked up a boatload of picks to build a team around him. St. Louis could be really good in a couple of years. They already have a great RB, which hopefully they are able to hold onto.

vonbonds, what's your opinion on extending Sanchez? I know ILIVM likes the move.

Fart noise!

Clarkson Falls Down
03-10-2012, 13:35
If there's a team that had to do all it could to get a QB it was Washington. You can only run out the Rex Grossmans and Jon Becks out there for so long. They haven't had their own franchise QB in forever and I think Griffin is going to be a great player.

No one will remember what they gave up if Griffin lives up to the hype.

guyincognito
03-10-2012, 15:44
That is a tough trade to read. I mean he can definitely throw the ball around but the conference he plays in was pretty much defense adverse last season. If he has to pay his dues, that trade is gonna come at a real heavy cost.

And as for the Rams, now if they suck they'll probably get double the rewards, and still suck anyway.

devilzrule27
03-13-2012, 13:42
I'm seriously close to just saying **** it with the Dolphins. God damn this organization sucks. I want to quit.

Devilsfanatic
03-13-2012, 13:43
Traded him to make room for Manning.

devilzrule27
03-13-2012, 13:47
This dumb as **** organization doesn't have the balls to get someone like Manning. And even if they did they would have no idea how to surround him with actual talent. Fucking inept.

Clarkson Falls Down
03-13-2012, 13:49
They're not getting Manning. Stephen Ross is a clown.

devilzrule27
03-13-2012, 13:51
They're not getting Manning. Stephen Ross is a clown.

Every ******* involved with this **** organization is a clown. I'm beyond baffled how Ireland has a fucking job.

devilzrule27
03-13-2012, 13:52
Just to put this in perspective we gave up two second round picks to get Marshall and we give him away for two 3rd rounders and we don't have a single other worthwhile receiver on the roster and there isn't a single one available on the market that is as good as Marshall. Just fucking awful.

Clarkson Falls Down
03-13-2012, 13:56
I really don't understand what they're doing either. Maybe they have something up their sleeve, but it would be wise for Peyton to stay out of Miami.

devilzrule27
03-13-2012, 13:59
He'd have to be as dumb as Ireland to come to Miami now. They basically just painted a huge sign on the organization that says "stay away we have no idea what the **** we are doing"

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2012-01/67094283.jpg

vonbonds
03-15-2012, 09:30
Mario Williams to Buffalo

Zajac's Bowl Cut
03-15-2012, 09:31
ugh.

Dr. Doom
03-15-2012, 09:31
Mario Williams to Buffalo
This was pretty much expected. What are the numbers? I heard they were gonna be big.

vonbonds
03-15-2012, 09:33
SiriusXM NFL just announced it. No numbers yet but expect it to be mind boggling.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7690355/buffalo-bills-agree-deal-mario-williams

vonbonds
03-15-2012, 09:35
Mario moves around a lot. I expect all AFC East teams to look at their right tackles and assess if they need to upgrade. Eric Winston was released the other day by Houston so I would expect his interest just took an uptick in the AFC East.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
03-15-2012, 09:45
he visited the Dolphins and I was hoping he wouldn't leave before signing but that didn't happen

Clarkson Falls Down
03-16-2012, 12:37
Man, the HF football thread has been ruined too. Too many people spewing inane ****, Saugus saying nothing of note but saying too much, and too many bandwagon come and go fans.

Dr. Doom
03-16-2012, 12:38
haha, i like to go there to complain about Reid with Krinkle

Zajac's Bowl Cut
03-16-2012, 12:40
can't wait to have Matt Moore starting at QB in 2012 again

Clarkson Falls Down
03-16-2012, 12:41
haha, i like to go there to complain about Reid with Krinkle

LOL and I like to go over there to read that. That's the first place I go after a bad Eagles loss.

vonbonds
03-16-2012, 12:49
can't wait to have Matt Moore starting at QB in 2012 again

Considering their options he isn't a bad choice. I thought he played pretty well last year.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
03-16-2012, 12:59
hes not bad at all, I actually don't mind him, but after all the Manning talk its kind of disappointing. plus, he won't have Brandon Marshall next year

I actually still think Flynn goes to Miami eventually, but yea

Krinkle
03-16-2012, 18:43
Your offseason dose of Krinkle Eagles Anger:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/03/desean-jackson-aims-for-hall-of-fame-guarantees-super-bowl/1#.T2Pxz0cZodU

**** D-Cells, I'm throwing 6 Volts at that stupid ************ this year.

Dr. Doom
03-16-2012, 19:32
Your offseason dose of Krinkle Eagles Anger:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/03/desean-jackson-aims-for-hall-of-fame-guarantees-super-bowl/1#.T2Pxz0cZodU

**** D-Cells, I'm throwing 6 Volts at that stupid ************ this year.
Why can't they keep their mouths shut :facepalm:

vonbonds
03-17-2012, 17:00
hes not bad at all, I actually don't mind him, but after all the Manning talk its kind of disappointing. plus, he won't have Brandon Marshall next year

I actually still think Flynn goes to Miami eventually, but yea

Why did they trade Marshall. I didn't hear an explanation of that. Who on earth is going to replace his production? He is a very good receiver still.

Clarkson Falls Down
03-17-2012, 17:04
Why did they trade Marshall. I didn't hear an explanation of that. Who on earth is going to replace his production? He is a very good receiver still.

I don't know why either. Maybe they take a guy like Blackmon or Floyd with their 1st though.

Krinkle
03-17-2012, 19:34
Why can't they keep their mouths shut :facepalm:

D-Jax reminds me of Avery. If he focused his energy from running his mouth and being an ******* to actually applying himself on the field - he'd be fucking awesome. But no, he decides he'd rather be a professional jackass.

Dr. Doom
03-17-2012, 19:38
D-Jax reminds me of Avery. If he focused his energy from running his mouth and being an ******* to actually applying himself on the field - he'd be fucking awesome. But no, he decides he'd rather be a professional jackass.
I was hoping he would be gone. He is a huge distraction and his stupidity always burns us.

Krinkle
03-17-2012, 20:00
I was hoping he would be gone. He is a huge distraction and his stupidity always burns us.

It's Andy's hubris. He thinks he can change people and players. The kid can be a great player, he just needs the right mentor. I don't think Andy is it, I mean **** he had Freddie Mitchell donning WWF belts on the side lines, Freddie Fucking Mitchell. I wouldn't be shocked if Desean had his own little Stanley Cup on the sidelines at some point

Dr. Doom
03-17-2012, 20:02
It's Andy's hubris. He thinks he can change people and players. The kid can be a great player, he just needs the right mentor. I don't think Andy is it, I mean **** he had Freddie Mitchell donning WWF belts on the side lines, Freddie Fucking Mitchell. I wouldn't be shocked if Desean had his own little Stanley Cup on the sidelines at some point
I don't even want to think of how the coaching staff hasn't changed. I'm afraid the draft is going to be a mess :facepalm:

Krinkle
03-17-2012, 20:05
I don't even want to think of how the coaching staff hasn't changed. I'm afraid the draft is going to be a mess :facepalm:

It's not fear when you know it's going to be a disaster. We won't draft a single linebacker.

Dr. Doom
03-17-2012, 20:07
It's not fear when you know it's going to be a disaster. We won't draft a single linebacker.
Odds on another offensive lineman in the first round?

guyincognito
03-17-2012, 20:12

I wonder between the Giants and the Eagles, how many linebackers there are that are actually capable of playing football. :laugh:

guyincognito
03-17-2012, 20:53
So, Manningham went to the Niners. Depending on who throws him the ball, this rates somewhere between "meh" and "oh crap". lol

Zajac's Bowl Cut
03-18-2012, 10:22

the new regime doesn't want any semblance of problems, and i think this latest issue just put them over the top

not saying I agree with it, but thats what their rationale is basically. still I think they could've gotten something more for him

Zajac's Bowl Cut
03-19-2012, 08:57
Peyton to Denver

Dr. Doom
03-19-2012, 08:59
I'm surprised he picked them over the 9ers. I wonder where Tebow ends up, maybe Miami :laugh:

Zajac's Bowl Cut
03-19-2012, 09:00
oh dear God I hope not

Dr. Doom
03-19-2012, 09:02
I just said it to see your reaction haha

devilzrule27
03-19-2012, 09:36
Peyton to Denver

Outside of the teams in our division there isn't a team I hate more. Which sucks cause I really like Manning.

Clarkson Falls Down
03-19-2012, 09:42
The Niners better sign Smith now, or I'm gonna be really, really pissed.

vonbonds
03-19-2012, 14:56
I have to eat crow. I never thought Peyton was coming back due the location and severity of his injury. Hopefully he is healthy enough to play to his normal ability. I say that as a non Denver fan but who cares, he is awesome to watch when he is on his game.

Devilsfanatic
03-19-2012, 15:26
DENVERRRRRRRRRRR

Yeah, bitches, yeah!

guyincognito
03-19-2012, 16:01
The Niners better sign Smith now, or I'm gonna be really, really pissed.

Dolphins will take Tebow for business reasons. Don't think you have much to be worried about. Then again, it is the Dolphins

devilzrule27
03-20-2012, 01:56
Dolphins will take Tebow for business reasons. Don't think you have much to be worried about. Then again, it is the Dolphins

We signed Garrard...at least its not Tebow but I would rather have Moore as our starter over Garrard...I hate my team.

Vinnie
03-20-2012, 08:03
Happy to see Peyton stay out of the NFC, especially SF and Arizona.

Clarkson Falls Down
03-20-2012, 08:12

I'm not worried about Teblow. I'm worried about a Kaepernick/Josh Johnson deadly duo.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
03-20-2012, 16:10
John McClain ‏ @McClain_on_NFL

Texans are trading MLB DeMeco Ryans to Eagles for undisclosed draft choice. The trade is contingent on Ryans' passing a physical Wednesday.

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 16:16
John McClain ‏ @McClain_on_NFL

Texans are trading MLB DeMeco Ryans to Eagles for undisclosed draft choice. The trade is contingent on Ryans' passing a physical Wednesday.
Responded to this on HF, but I'll repost here too.

I don't know much about him, but at least they realize they are weak at LB. Hopefully this doesn't meant they won't draft a LB, even thought I doubt they were going to anyways.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
03-20-2012, 16:19
he is a very very good run stopping LB

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 16:20
Sweet jesus yes!!!

Ok, then I'm very happy. I still want another LB at the draft. With this I'd settle for one in the 2nd round.

That is if they still have their 1st and 2nd after this, which after some thought I doubt.

Clarkson Falls Down
03-20-2012, 16:23
That's a good trade for them.

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 16:24
I can't wait until Krinkle sees this. He will be in disbelief that they are addressing the LB situation.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
03-20-2012, 16:28
yea, Eagles should go BPA in the draft now that LB isnt as big of a need. they have two seconds so tehy can go LB there if they need to

Krinkle
03-20-2012, 18:28
Responded to this on HF, but I'll repost here too.

I don't know much about him, but at least they realize they are weak at LB. Hopefully this doesn't meant they won't draft a LB, even thought I doubt they were going to anyways.

Wow, a glimmer of hope that someone may have a fucking clue!!!

I can't wait until Krinkle sees this. He will be in disbelief that they are addressing the LB situation.

It'll even out, they'll send Vick and a 1st to Denver for Timmy :laugh:

Speaking of which, not sure if many of these have been posted here yet, but there's been some gold floating around Tebow/Manning wise wise....

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m423/cross2001/HF/2d70b657.jpg

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m423/cross2001/HF/a23a0e63.jpg

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m423/cross2001/HF/4eec065a.jpg

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 18:33
I'm confident Reid will figure out how to **** everything up.

At this point I wouldn't mind a WR in the 1st round.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
03-21-2012, 05:42
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-expected-to-trade-tim-tebow-to-new-york-jets-or-jacksonville-jaguars-032012

Tebow to Jets/Jags today?

devilzrule27
03-21-2012, 07:55
please please please put him in new york.

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 07:56
if the jets get tebow i might die of laughter.

Krinkle
03-21-2012, 08:02
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-expected-to-trade-tim-tebow-to-new-york-jets-or-jacksonville-jaguars-032012

Tebow to Jets/Jags today?

That's odd, "Tebow was expected to be dealt for a third-round pick."

I'm not a big fan of the guy, but I think he'd be worth more than a 3rd rounder, no?

Zajac's Bowl Cut
03-21-2012, 08:09
not really

Bill Polian was on SC the other day and he said mid to late round pick is what GMs probably see his value as

devilzrule27
03-21-2012, 08:09
If trade value were based off the amount of money a guy would generate in merchandise sales Tebow would be worth 3 first rounders. I wouldn't give a 3rd for his actual on field talent.

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 08:10
The thing is a trade for Tebow will be completely driven by ownership.

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 08:46
I'd be really happy if the Eagles took Michael Floyd in the 1st round and a LB in the 2nd round. If they still have that other 2nd round pick I don't care what they do with it :laugh:

Clarkson Falls Down
03-21-2012, 08:54
Please not to the Jets. I can't stand the national Tebow talk. Won't be able to stand local talk either.

guyincognito
03-21-2012, 08:59
Oh, I *want* him on the Jets. Just to watch the hilarity ensue. Talk about totally mismatched personalities.

Clarkson Falls Down
03-21-2012, 09:49
Oh yeah, I can see the whole thing just absolutely blowing up LOL.
----

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Sean Payton suspended one year. Mickey Loomis 8 game and $500,000 fine. Saints fined $500,000 and a second round pick in 2012 and 2012.

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 09:50
New Orleans Saints -
Sean Payton (Coach) - Suspended for 1 year
Mickey Loomis (GM) - Suspended for 8 games + $500K fine

St. Louis Rams -
Greg Williams (Defensive Coordinator) - Suspended indefinitely

NY Jets -
Trade a 4th RD pick for Tim Tebow

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 09:50
Oh yeah, I can see the whole thing just absolutely blowing up LOL.
----

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Sean Payton suspended one year. Mickey Loomis 8 game and $500,000 fine. Saints fined $500,000 and a second round pick in 2012 and 2012.

You beat me to it! I just heard it on SiriusXM...wow!

Devilsfanatic
03-21-2012, 09:53
So Tebow to the Jets??? :laugh:

After they re-signed Sanchez???

:laugh:

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 09:55
So Tebow to the Jets??? :laugh:

After they re-signed Sanchez???

:laugh:

The Sanchez extension was to lower his cap hit from what I recall. I don't think it had anymore guaranteed money than before (could be wrong on that).

Clarkson Falls Down
03-21-2012, 09:59
The Jets are going to be an absolute circus next year.

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 10:01
The Jets are going to be an absolute circus next year.

We are used to it as fans. The franchise is a genuine joke.

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 10:03
Saints got fucked in the *** by the NFL :laugh:

Tebow to the Jets :laugh:

guyincognito
03-21-2012, 10:05
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I sum up my feelings about this implosion waiting to happen with the below video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7KSkZxt_zo

guyincognito
03-21-2012, 10:06
And Spags somehow got to trade up his head coaching gig. :laugh:

Krinkle
03-21-2012, 10:10
Well I feel bad for most Jets fans like ILIVM, there's one ******* I know on FB who is the biggest douche - and a HUGE Tebow hater

Cannot wait to see his reaction :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
03-21-2012, 10:14
:laugh: Tebow to the Jets. What a horrible move for NY. Denver makes out like gangbusters.

Clarkson Falls Down
03-21-2012, 10:16
I am a pig in **** right now. I'm just laughing uncontrollably. What a circus.

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 10:16
:laugh: Tebow to the Jets. What a horrible move for NY. Denver makes out like gangbusters.
I wouldn't say Denver made out like gangbusters because they only got a 4th round pick. They pretty much wasted that 1st round pick that they used to pick Tebow.

guyincognito
03-21-2012, 10:22
4, 5, 7.

Broncos asked for a 5. lol. And they also got the knowledge that with this trade, they basically destroyed a potential playoff contender for next season. This is totally not going to work. Just a disaster, between the fans, Sanchize, the coach, the attention ***** owner, Tebow, the media, etc, everything.
They are done.

The best part is the media that will be tailing Tebow everywhere he goes to get dirt on him. If I were him I would not report.

guyincognito
03-21-2012, 10:27
Actually it's a 4/6 and a 7 going the other way with Tebow. Man, imagine Tebow trying to convert that awful sinner Antonio Cromartie. What's that Bart Scott?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7KSkZxt_zo

Devilsfanatic
03-21-2012, 10:42
I wouldn't say Denver made out like gangbusters because they only got a 4th round pick. They pretty much wasted that 1st round pick that they used to pick Tebow.

They get Peyton Manning and lose Tebow. They make out like gangbusters.

Getzo5
03-21-2012, 10:43
4, 5, 7.

Broncos asked for a 5. lol. And they also got the knowledge that with this trade, they basically destroyed a potential playoff contender for next season. This is totally not going to work. Just a disaster, between the fans, Sanchize, the coach, the attention ***** owner, Tebow, the media, etc, everything.
They are done.

The best part is the media that will be tailing Tebow everywhere he goes to get dirt on him. If I were him I would not report.The hype will be even more hilarious. Seriously, excellent point. I feel bad for him. Still rooting for him though.

Jets :laugh: I mean... I don`t see the point (aside from the business perspective)

Saints got only what they deserved. Can`t wait to see DATW`s reaction "that was nothing folks". lolololol

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 10:44
I'm talking about the trade alone. They had Peyton Manning before they traded Tebow. Those are separate transactions. One did cause the other, but they could have kept Tebow if they wanted to.

guyincognito
03-21-2012, 10:47
The hype will be even more hilarious. Seriously, excellent point. I feel bad for him. Still rooting for him though.

Jets :laugh: I mean... I don`t see the point (aside from the business perspective)

Saints got only what they deserved. Can`t wait to see DATW`s reaction "that was nothing folks". lolololol

Vilma was specifically named in the report. He's toast. I think a bunch of other defensive players will be suspended too.

guyincognito
03-21-2012, 10:48
I'm talking about the trade alone. They had Peyton Manning before they traded Tebow. Those are separate transactions. One did cause the other, but they could have kept Tebow if they wanted to.

Why? The same mouthbreathers would be chanting for Tebow if Peyton Manning screwed up. Makes perfect sense to get rid of him, and to dump him off on a team in your conference, that could compete for a playoff spot? That makes it downright brilliant. I'd give him to the Jets for less than I'd give him to the Jaguars for, that's for sure

Devilsfanatic
03-21-2012, 10:54

Elway never liked Tebow, he was just stuck with him. He went on the FCP for Manning because he didn't like Tebow, so they upgraded significantly. I can't wait to see what he can do, and we need some receivers to get balls from him. Though, if he's as great as we think he is, he makes decent receivers into great ones.

Clarkson Falls Down
03-21-2012, 10:56
Listening to Fatcessa has been gold so far.

Clarkson Falls Down
03-21-2012, 10:57
The hype will be even more hilarious. Seriously, excellent point. I feel bad for him. Still rooting for him though.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=46466761&postcount=28

There's more in that thread from him. He should stick to hockey, which he needs work on too.

Getzo5
03-21-2012, 10:58
One of the greatest QBs in history didn`t like Tebow? Color me SHOCKED! haha

NY area: LINsanity and Tebowmania... ugh.

guyincognito
03-21-2012, 11:02

There's more in that thread from him. He should stick to hockey, which he needs work on too.

I don't think he understands what it means that his head coach just changed from Payton to likely, Spags.

That and Brees is tagged and pissed about it, the GM is suspended, many defensive players are going to be suspended, etc.

Also, there's a non-zero chance that Payton gets outright fired because 1) the owner is making it out to be he didn't know and didn't want it and 2) what's the point of having him come back a year from now to god knows what?

Getzo5
03-21-2012, 11:06

There's more in that thread from him. He should stick to hockey, which he needs work on too. :laugh: I swear I didn`t see it.

That guy is so predictable.

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 11:15
I don't think he understands what it means that his head coach just changed from Payton to likely, Spags.

That and Brees is tagged and pissed about it, the GM is suspended, many defensive players are going to be suspended, etc.

Also, there's a non-zero chance that Payton gets outright fired because 1) the owner is making it out to be he didn't know and didn't want it and 2) what's the point of having him come back a year from now to god knows what?

So much truth in this post. The Saints might go from serious contenders to back to wearing shopping bags as helmets in 2 seasons.

Devilsfanatic
03-21-2012, 11:26
So they'll be back to the Saints we all thought they were!

Getzo5
03-21-2012, 12:12
Bobby Ryan ‏ @b_ryan9
Two things Tebow. 1. You're everything right with sports, good luck in NY. 2. You ever come between me and Diana Agron, i'm coming for ya!

LOL

Vinnie
03-21-2012, 12:17
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Filed to ESPN (1): Denver and Jets have encountered hangup in language in Tim Tebow's contract that could nullify trade.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite Open
(2) If the Tebow trade to Jets falls apart, St. Louis could wind up getting back into play. Sides sorting through details.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
03-21-2012, 12:44
it will get done.

jkrdevil
03-21-2012, 15:21
Please let the deal fall apart

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 16:39
Please let the deal fall apart

Only Chuck Norris has the power to cancel it!

Clarkson Falls Down
03-21-2012, 20:36
He chose NYJ over Jacksonville. LOL.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
03-22-2012, 05:59
He chose NYJ over Jacksonville. LOL.

that wasn't true apparently

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-13-2012, 13:24
http://www.miamidolphinsdraft.com/2012-nfl-mock-draft/

here is my updated first round mock draft

vonbonds
04-13-2012, 13:29

I think either Cleveland or Minnesota will scare Miami into trading up to 3 or 4 to get Tannehill.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-13-2012, 13:30
that is literally the worst thing they can do

I would rather take the best pass rusher available at 8 OR trade back a few picks. then I would move up from the 2nd round pick to get Weeden. I like him better than Tannehill. if he wasn't 29 he would be a top 10 pick easily.

vonbonds
04-13-2012, 13:33
that is literally the worst thing they can do

I would rather take the best pass rusher available at 8 OR trade back a few picks. then I would move up from the 2nd round pick to get Weeden. I like him better than Tannehill. if he wasn't 29 he would be a top 10 pick easily.

My hunch is Weeden gets taken late round 1 by a team hungry for a QB that didn't get Tannehill (or didn't want to pay the price to get him top 10). Miami is desperate for a QB and I can't imagine them not trading up to take him top 4. Hell, if they don't then watch Cleveland just take him and groom him behind McCoy although I love your pick of Richardson there. It makes Cleveland immediately better plus he should be an impact/difference maker in the NFL.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-13-2012, 13:37
I actually hope that Cleveland takes Tannehill so Miami doesn't get any stupid ideas. I am very meh on Tannehill. I think he may turn out OK, but no way is he a top 10 player.

and yea Richardson will be awesome. typically I am not a fan of drafting RBs highly but he is a whole different story.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-13-2012, 13:38

I like Randle for the Niners - I see him as a bigger version of Crabtree. Rather have Fleener though.

Nice work.

vonbonds
04-13-2012, 13:42
I actually hope that Cleveland takes Tannehill so Miami doesn't get any stupid ideas. I am very meh on Tannehill. I think he may turn out OK, but no way is he a top 10 player.

and yea Richardson will be awesome. typically I am not a fan of drafting RBs highly but he is a whole different story.

I have heard him compared to AP based on potential impact to the team that drafts him. High praise indeed.

Tannehill only works out with a patient team but with a QB driven league it is nearly impossible for him to not be taken top 10 and most likely weighted to the front. Watch NE trade up to get him. Take about a troll move. Weeden will be a first rounder too. Even though he is 29 he can still play 10 years in this league. If a team thinks he has first round ability and ignores his age he is a goner.

vonbonds
04-13-2012, 13:46
I like Randle for the Niners - I see him as a bigger version of Crabtree. Rather have Fleener though.

Nice work.

I forgot to say that but yes, excellent job. Lots of solid logic and wise moves for the teams. You can't account for the trades and the invariable guy or two taken off of the board that tosses everything into a tizzy.

Krinkle
04-17-2012, 10:38
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/04/fumble_alabamas_2011_bcs_troph.html

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-17-2012, 13:06
good **** Saban

Darius Dangleaitis
04-18-2012, 20:04

Nice work.

Randle reminds me of Nicks. Would be a very good pickup for the Niners imo.

This is awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-wHZT4ZExHA

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-20-2012, 11:20
I hope this doesnt go 7

game 7 would be right during round 1 of the NFL draft lol

Clarkson Falls Down
04-20-2012, 13:08
I hope this doesnt go 7

game 7 would be right during round 1 of the NFL draft lol

Ugh yeah, forgot about that. Game 5 in 2010 was during the draft too. Luckily, the Devils made my programming choice an easy one.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-24-2012, 19:40
what a night Thursday night will be lol

vonbonds
04-24-2012, 19:48
what a night Thursday night will be lol

Get SiriusXM. I will watch the game but listen to Pat Kirwan, Tim Ryan and the "Godfather" Gil Brandt cover the draft Sirius. That channel is worth the subscription alone.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-24-2012, 20:16
I have XM. how much is the sirius add on, do you know?

Devilsfanatic
04-24-2012, 20:16
Tebow out for Punt formations? God is a Punter, apparently.

vonbonds
04-24-2012, 20:20
I have XM. how much is the sirius add on, do you know?

Do you need it for the NFL channel? I have always had Sirius so I don't know. Seriously though, the NFL channel is what I listen to 90% of the time through the year. 3-7 with Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan is the best sports show of all time. Not only are they awesome but they have smart callers who get lots of time to talk. I can't recommend it enough.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-24-2012, 20:39
yea the NFL Channel is exclusive to Sirius, it sucks.

Krinkle
04-24-2012, 21:47
I forgot that the Mel Kiper spectacular is Thursday

Two game 7s on Thursday

Wonder which gets more press