PDA

View Full Version : GDT: Senators @ Devils 12/8/11

Pages : 1 [2]

Getzo5
12-08-2011, 18:57
:biglaugh:No warning? No mod-edit?

jkrdevil
12-08-2011, 18:58
So I guess that is what happens when two bad 3rd period teams meet. Though that no call at the end was brutal.

Nice two points, don't like that the Sens ended up getting a point. Though if you told me when it was 3-0 that the Devils would win n a shootout I would take it. Conflicted feeling.

Do like Kovalchuk fired up at the end of OT.

Dr. Doom
12-08-2011, 18:58
My heart is still racing.

Jersey Man
12-08-2011, 19:00
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z413/Orvana/gifs/cheeringstarterfor10.gif

jkrdevil
Speaking of Cowbell was that him that was standing up at the glass waiving his arms toward the end of the game? The guy was wearing a 232 number on the back. Couldn't see if the nameplate said cowbell or not.

Getzo5
https://p.twimg.com/AgMIpyoCAAA9FHZ.jpg

lolololol

VaxjoDevil
12-08-2011, 19:01
Speaking of Cowbell was that him that was standing up at the glass waiving his arms toward the end of the game? The guy was wearing a 232 number on the back. Couldn't see if the nameplate said cowbell or not.

Yeah, should be him with that number.

JimEIV
12-08-2011, 19:01
https://p.twimg.com/AgMIpyoCAAA9FHZ.jpg

lololololthat picture is great.

VaxjoDevil
12-08-2011, 19:02
Top one thing:

Teddy's first goal

Personal, but that makes me so happy.

Edit: cute Teddy is being interviewed.

Lord Ned Stark
12-08-2011, 19:02
that kid is goin to be my avy when i edit it

Lord Ned Stark
12-08-2011, 19:13
2 assists for henny baby.. workin his way up

Getzo5
12-08-2011, 19:16
2 assists for henny baby.. workin his way upDamn you RNH.

Lord Ned Stark
12-08-2011, 19:20
at least hes in the west.. i can stand it cuz hes on my fantasy team

jkrdevil
12-08-2011, 19:23
Looks like Chere wrote his game story a little early.

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg349/jkrdevil08/cheregoof.gif

VaxjoDevil
12-08-2011, 20:00
I'm waiting for GIC to come back from the game, really want to read his opinion on this one.

Dr. Doom
12-08-2011, 20:26
DeBoer "raises his voice" after the 1st period
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/deboer_sparks_devils_to_comeback_win_over_senators _with_first_intermssion_critque/

guyincognito
12-08-2011, 21:00
My opinion, it kept me awake for the first time this week. Look, they can't play D at all, lol, I think that about sealed it. At the point of time when Parise ran some schmuck on the PK and then scored on a slapshot, which never happens, they woke up. Still 900 scary moments but at least if they play with some emotion they can create some offense.

I still don't get the disconnect between their defensive play on the PK and everywhere else. that four minute PP was totally snuffed. as soon as it ended, they go back to screwing up right and left. it literally took 10 seconds.

VaxjoDevil
12-08-2011, 21:13
My opinion, it kept me awake for the first time this week. Look, they can't play D at all, lol, I think that about sealed it. At the point of time when Parise ran some schmuck on the PK and then scored on a slapshot, which never happens, they woke up. Still 900 scary moments but at least if they play with some emotion they can create some offense.

I still don't get the disconnect between their defensive play on the PK and everywhere else. that four minute PP was totally snuffed. as soon as it ended, they go back to screwing up right and left. it literally took 10 seconds.

Because they play like a 2 plus 2 that connects instead of 2 plus 3 that is not connected? That sounded weird but you know what I mean.

VaxjoDevil
12-08-2011, 21:21
Call me crazy, but I liked that Kovy raised hell at the end of OT (I think) and Tallinder giving the ref a new haircut by screaming in his face at the end.

guyincognito
12-08-2011, 21:24
I think I know what you mean, their system seems to be very, um loose. The PK seems to be the only place they have a plan.

Yeah, I think the game had gotten pretty chippy by that point. The game was not well officiated, I still don't know how they didn't blow the whistle on the Boo penalty, that's just incompetence. And then the penalty Boo drew was called on 10 second delay. Among other things....

Clarkson Falls Down
12-08-2011, 21:43
Well, that game was interesting. Still would have liked the regulation win though, but those refs should be Shannabaned after this one.

Devilsfanatic
12-08-2011, 21:50
I like how Chico says "Zach must've whacked five or six times" :laugh:

guyincognito
12-08-2011, 21:53
Predictable Marty bashing. First goal was dumb, puck should have gone right. Second goal Tedenby decided to introduce himself to the goalpost.

No mention of another glove whiff or bad rebounds late in the game, though... lol.

Devilsfanatic
12-08-2011, 22:03
Predictable Marty bashing. First goal was dumb, puck should have gone right. Second goal Tedenby decided to introduce himself to the goalpost.

No mention of another glove whiff or bad rebounds late in the game, though... lol.

it's why I just don't bother.

Here's an idea. If you win the game that you do the gdt, someone else gets to do it. If you lose, you keep doing it until you win. Like one of those crane arms with the stuffed toys in it.

guyincognito
12-08-2011, 22:06
it's why I just don't bother.

Here's an idea. If you win the game that you do the gdt, someone else gets to do it. If you lose, you keep doing it until you win. Like one of those crane arms with the stuffed toys in it.

There's people that need to be thrown into the volcano if it's ever to recover there hockeywise.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-08-2011, 22:07
To be fair, the second goal was a pretty bad rebound. But the lead up to the goal was just as bad, too. Fraser made a poor pinch.

Devilsfanatic
12-08-2011, 22:08
To be fair, the second goal was a pretty bad rebound. But the lead up to the goal was just as bad, too. Fraser made a poor pinch.

And he can't really get in position with Tedenby doing, well, whatever it was that Tedenby was doing.

Then Fraser went crashing in too and it's hard to control all rebounds. I don't like that he was pulled.

Also, on Teddy's goal, was there any Toronto bias?

VaxjoDevil
12-08-2011, 22:09
There's people that need to be thrown into the volcano if it's ever to recover there hockeywise.

Thing is, you can go there if you know not enough about hockey, but just be honest to yourself about it. That is why I have zero problems with Slammer for example.

Lord Ned Stark
12-08-2011, 22:15
And he can't really get in position with Tedenby doing, well, whatever it was that Tedenby was doing.

Then Fraser went crashing in too and it's hard to control all rebounds. I don't like that he was pulled.

Also, on Teddy's goal, was there any Toronto bias?
why not send a message though.. EVEN IF it is the team causing him to be scored on so much a goalie like him should be able to make it out of the first period without getting scored on 2 OR MORE times. its just unacceptable. deboer clearly made the right decision too. fact of the matter is yea.. most likely martys confidence is hurting from that game but do i leave him in there softie after softie?

i mean yea WE COULD get into that discussion but theres an entire thread devoted to it

fact of the matter is hedberg has been consistently giving the devils a chance to win and has been lights out.. i do not think there is much denying this.. marty has just been so so. with the exception of a few gravity defying saves after the game(s) were already lost.

also idk .. hedberg literally won us that game.. he was just as instrumental if not more than every player on the ice

Devilsfanatic
12-08-2011, 22:20
There was no softies. Get that word out of your vocabulary, or I'll dream about infracting you tonight!

Also, how was Phillips not called on the Tallinder play? I just finished watching the game, and holy hell :laugh:

Lord Ned Stark
12-08-2011, 22:23
i mean yea.. marty didnt let in a softy tonight and there were just general fuckups leading to those goals but AT THE SAME TIME we have only seen glimpses of what we like to call "vintage brodeur" this year. you know it to be true.. the other times hes been average at best. moose on the other hand...

sorry if im being incoherent right now

onefatsurfer
12-08-2011, 22:25
It pisses me off because Marty is way way better than hedberg. For some reason, the team plays better with Moose in goal though.

Lord Ned Stark
12-08-2011, 22:28
yea.. i think there in lies the problem.. must have to do with him being swedish

Clarkson Falls Down
12-08-2011, 22:28
Tedenby's ketchup bottle analogy was hilarious.

Dr. Doom
12-08-2011, 22:29
It pisses me off because Marty is way way better than hedberg. For some reason, the team plays better with Moose in goal though.
This is pretty common. Teams know that they have the safety net in goal so they take more chances and make more mistakes. When a lesser goalie (Moose is amazing though) is in goal they play a tighter and more cautious game. It is all mental. If they can play with the same mindset with Marty in net there would be no problems. This is a problem that this team has had for years. I remember multiple years ago Marty would stand on his head every night and that is how we won games. Now he is a little older and he can't do it every night or for a full game, but the team in front of him continues to hang him out to dry. It is the negative side of being known as the greatest goalie to ever play.

Dr. Doom
I loved when Chico said that during the game haha.

Was Teddy interviewed after the game? If so, is there video of it?

Devilsfanatic

It's the Clemmensen model. They perform better because they don't think he can carry them. When they realize that the same holds true for MB30, then they'll be better off.

How was it in here when we were down 3-0? Like HF? What was it like when we came back and then OTT tied it with three seconds? Like HF?

Lord Ned Stark
12-08-2011, 22:30
yes that and having a steamy pile of poop as your defense doesnt help either

Dr. Doom
12-08-2011, 22:33
It's the Clemmensen model. They perform better because they don't think he can carry them. When they realize that the same holds true for MB30, then they'll be better off.

How was it in here when we were down 3-0? Like HF? What was it like when we came back and then OTT tied it with three seconds? Like HF?
We were upset, but we weren't going nuts. Truthfully there wasn't much posting going on because everyone was probably frustrated. Nothing past "****!" or "we look horrible". Everyone got along and we enjoyed the comeback. It was 100 times better than being on HF, where there is zero discussion because your post gets cut off by people saying nothing.

Devilsfanatic
12-08-2011, 22:34
We were upset, but we weren't going nuts. Truthfully there wasn't much posting going on because everyone was probably frustrated. Nothing past "****!" or "we look horrible". Everyone got along and we enjoyed the comeback. It was 100 times better than being on HF, where there is zero discussion because your post gets cut off by people Saugus nothing.

*fixed.....

onefatsurfer
12-08-2011, 22:34
I love Henrique, a lot. Hard.

Devilsfanatic
12-08-2011, 22:36
I think most people do. He's kind of a stud.

Dr. Doom
12-08-2011, 22:39
*fixed.....
I like Saugus. There are good posts mixed in with the other stuff. He means well.

I love Henrique, a lot. Hard.
Me too. I've been waiting for him to get up to the big leagues since Hall and he went on a tear on the entire CHL. I remember in the summer I was putting Henrique in the top 6 and I said he was a better prospect than Palmieri and people gave me a lot of **** for it. Seems like I know a little bit about hockey, since he is tearing it up in the top 6 and he is a million times better than Palmieri. I was just waiting for Henrique to go gangbuster so all of the haters would be in their place and the best part is I didn't say I told you so once because they already knew they were morons. Sometimes people on HF have no clue.

Devilsfanatic
12-08-2011, 22:45
Again, I like him too. But he's a spamming *****. Anyone who exceeds the amount of posts that one person has in seven years, in a span of two years, is a spammer. A few people pointed it out to me, because before I was just like you. But truly read his posts. Most are the same thing someone else just said three minutes earlier, which if he scrolled up, he would see. Then he has the "war cry" crap that he does and lastly, he's got the yep, I agree. He's got four different posts, framed in a different way.

68K/4 = 17K. So, he's said four different things, 17,000 times.

Not many of my posts regurgitate the same stuff. Unless it's Kovy, but even then, it's about something he JUST did. It's not my fault if the mistake by him is the same, over and over.

Devilsfanatic
12-08-2011, 22:52
TG just brought up an excellent point. Non-shootout wins are the tiebreaker. Better hope we don't tie for 8th, or we'll be out.

Lord Ned Stark
12-08-2011, 22:54
at least if our season comes down to the shootout we have parise and not jokinen

Dr. Doom
12-08-2011, 22:57
TG just brought up an excellent point. Non-shootout wins are the tiebreaker. Better hope we don't tie for 8th, or we'll be out.
It has been something I've been a little worried about. I kind of mentioned last game how it looks like DeBoer tries to get to OT/SO and pick up a point. I just hope we don't end up in a situation like that.

Devilsfanatic
12-08-2011, 22:57
:laugh: that was amazing.

VaxjoDevil
12-09-2011, 07:29

Just curious, does this analogy exist in the U.S.? Because it's the most common one in Sweden, so I was wondering why Chico was so explaining about it.

selyar
12-09-2011, 07:34
Just curious, does this analogy exist in the U.S.? Because it's the most common one in Sweden, so I was wondering why Chico was so explaining about it.

explanation wasn't necessary on chico's part. i wouldn't say it's like a super common thing, but i totally got it.