PDA

View Full Version : GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs NJ Devils 12/10/11 1pm EST MSG+, NHLN, CBC

Pages : 1 [2]

jkrdevil
12-10-2011, 12:55
Aren't they even in December?

The are one under now. But it isn't looking good let's be honest.

The good news is they didn't fall into the hole before December like last year. They need to go on a run at some point though.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 12:56
They're competitive. So I'm not too worried just yet. But they're losing ground. MTL and WSH both gained in the past two days.

http://cdn.videogum.com/files/2011/07/g.gif

VaxjoDevil
12-10-2011, 12:56
Zach is real pissed there.

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 12:57
I wonder how the wasteland is after that Parise miss. Can't imagine the vultures out for that one. He had Price beat too on his move. Usually he gets that up. Bad luck, it rolled on him.

Hey jkr, next GDT thread is yours. You keep getting it until you win one.Terribad.

Guys they seriously need us there.

VaxjoDevil
12-10-2011, 12:58
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s287/moseswalks/1323215104794.gif

Oh man. That did take my mind of the game, thanks.

JimEIV
That was a tough one swallow.

VaxjoDevil
http://www.lescoob.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/munn041009.gif

Who is this chick?

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 12:59
Terribad.

Not if they paid me.

JimEIV
12-10-2011, 13:00
I haven't touched any alcohol or bad foods in a over a week. I think that is about to change.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 13:01
That was a tough one swallow.

That's what she said.

Vaxjo, it's Olivia Munn. She cut her gorgeous hair though. Didn't like that.

brit
12-10-2011, 13:02
Who is this chick?

Olivia Munn.

Totally hot, totally loves video games.

brit
12-10-2011, 13:03
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6672/aots1000munn.gif

Getzo5
That's what she said.

Vaxjo, it's Olivia Munn. She cut her gorgeous hair though. Didn't like that.And she`s dating Brad Richards.

brit
And she`s dating Brad Richards.

Really?

Ewww.

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 13:04
Not if they paid me.I`d feel some responsibility if I were you, but that`s me.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 13:04
I like Alison Brie better anyway:

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfvij0Rl7r1qaweqho1_500.gif

I`d feel some responsibility if I were you, but that`s me.

And why the **** would I do that? They did it to themselves. The new signups are all referrals. You can't get a signup without it.

Lord Ned Stark
12-10-2011, 13:05
That's what she said.

Vaxjo, it's Olivia Munn. She cut her gorgeous hair though. Didn't like that.

i stalk her and jessica alba on twitter

JimEIV
12-10-2011, 13:07
Terribad.

I'll go back immediately after I get a written public apology from the mods admitting their jerkoffness and unfair arbitrary distribution of justice and acknowledging my big American *****.

VaxjoDevil
12-10-2011, 13:07
Now I hate Brad Richards. That chick has crazy wild eyes.

OK, fellas, I felt that this GDT was like watching a game with a bunch of buddies. Now I gotta play me some piano

doc e
12-10-2011, 13:08
Hey fellers. Any chance I follow over to here too?

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 13:08
And why the **** would I do that? They did it to themselves. The new signups are all referrals. You can't get a signup without it.Because it`s the most popular place for Devils fans on the internet? We were there to bring sanity. Now that we`re gone, it`s a long way down. I don`t want to witness that. They won`t be able to "replace" us.

I think it`s also our fault.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 13:09

By all means. I apologize for making you come here.

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 13:09
I'll go back immediately after I get a written public apology from the mods admitting their jerkoffness and unfair arbitrary distribution of justice and acknowledging my big American *****.Ok, I`ll do my best to help the case. :D

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 13:10
Because that`s the most popular place for Devils fans on the internet? We were there to bring sanity. Now that we`re gone, it`s a long way down. I don`t want to witness that. They won`t be able to "replace" us.

Sorry bud, but my sympathy is way gone. They made their bed, they lie in it. If people weren't ready to call it quits there, no one would have come. But the fact is, there was a growing sentiment and you can't tell the losers to leave. They made it miserable. Look at our GDT, we lost and everyone is levelheaded about it. If we tried to make even half the points that we did in here, there'd be 10 fuckers ready to jump all over us.

Go ahead, go post the stuff I said about Kovalchuk here, over there. See what happens.

You don't have to be here, you can enjoy HF. I think we're quite content over here. Even if everyone leaves this site to go back, I won't.

brit
12-10-2011, 13:11
Terribad.

Why the **** would we do that? Like I said, I can post wearing just my boxers here, can't do that at HF. I like letting my hair down.

I'll go back immediately after I get a written public apology from the mods admitting their jerkoffness and unfair arbitrary distribution of justice and acknowledging my big American *****.

ha. More chance of seeing the catholic church do something about their under age boy habits. Wait....

VaxjoDevil
In this case, I will just be where I think is the best for me. If I want to help out, there are kids in Africa starving to death that needs my attention. I will not share a board with Trottier, it's a waste of my life.

JimEIV

I like it when you make me come.

Just saying.

doc e
12-10-2011, 13:13

I like it when you make me come.

Just saying.

**** (is that kosher?)

Beat me to it.

devilzrule27
Sorry bud, but my sympathy is way gone. They made their bed, they lie in it. If people weren't ready to call it quits there, no one would have come. But the fact is, there was a growing sentiment and you can't tell the losers to leave. They made it miserable. Look at our GDT, we lost and everyone is levelheaded about it. If we tried to make even half the points that we did in here, there'd be 10 fuckers ready to jump all over us.

Go ahead, go post the stuff I said about Kovalchuk here, over there. See what happens.

You don't have to be here, you can enjoy HF. I think we're quite content over here. Even if everyone leaves this site to go back, I won't.

It would totally suck if you guys went back there. I missed posting with you guys over the last year and a half.

Lord Ned Stark

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s287/moseswalks/alwaysunny-halloweenmac.gif

brit
Because it`s the most popular place for Devils fans on the internet? We were there to bring sanity. Now that we`re gone, it`s a long way down. I don`t want to witness that. They won`t be able to "replace" us.

My heart bleeds for them.

Devilsfanatic
That's what they all say.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 13:14
It would totally suck if you guys went back there. I missed posting with you guys over the last year and a half.

Hey, it can be a three man show with me, you and Brit if need be. I'm not goin' back.

brit
12-10-2011, 13:14
**** (is that kosher?)

Beat me to it.

Posting swear words on a hockey board is like getting sucked off by a moderately cute girl.

It feels fucking wonderful, yet you know you can do better.

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 13:16

You don't have to be here, you can enjoy HF. I think we're quite content over here. Even if everyone leaves this site to go back, I won't.Fair enough. But you got my point. That`s the way I am. I don`t care if anyone says thanks, I do it for my own good.

I understand you all. I actually feel the same. That said, I don`t like the idea of HF completely turning into some wasteland. I just don`t.

brit
Hey, it can be a three man show with me, you and Brit if need be. I'm not goin' back.

Just give me a bottle of bourbon and I will keep this board going on my own. I feel like Dak, I can take on the empire alone.

onefatsurfer
Too bad we couldn't get a 5 on 3 instead of a penalty shot.

JimEIV

You prick.

brit
Too bad we couldn't get a 5 on 3 instead of a penalty shot.

Both outcomes would have been the same haha.

JimEIV
12-10-2011, 13:18
Wait, was that mod abuse?

doc e
12-10-2011, 13:20

LOL boy am I glad I read back in the thread to catch this fucking gem. What happened anyway? Though I guess you've probably told the story a bunch of times anyway.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s287/moseswalks/alwaysunny-halloweenmac.gif

oh fer shurrre

Posting swear words on a hockey board is like getting sucked off by a moderately cute girl.

It feels fucking wonderful, yet you know you can do better.

Hahahaha wonderfully put.

brit
12-10-2011, 13:23
My God, this whiskey is going down far too easily. I feel like trolling HF, but I won't.

EDIT: Post 100. Lovely.

Dr. Doom
12-10-2011, 13:24
Woohoo! I wasn't sure if you would come over here.

JimEIV
12-10-2011, 13:24
I was being an *** and deserved everything I got. But I received an infraction from an outside mod that I thought was unfair and it pissed me off so I said stupid things about the mods in public.

brit
12-10-2011, 13:27
I was being an *** and deserved everything I got. But I received an infraction from an outside mod that I thought was unfair and it pissed me off so I said stupid things about the mods in public.

Well, it's not stupid when you speak the truth Sir. It's a pity the wrong people are in charge over there.

doc e
12-10-2011, 13:27
Woohoo! I wasn't sure if you would come over here.

I'm glad I did so far. Pretty much every poster over here that I continually enjoyed reading over there.

I got into some **** with Cowbell a few times, finally blew up (to an extent) with me and him PM'ing back and forth then me getting an infraction from Doctor No. I PM'ed him and Classic Devil back and forth a few times with some really thought out, extensive messages that I actually took some time on because I was finally fed up. Pretty much got overlooked anyway. Never really posted as frequently there since then...just kind of lurked.

JimEIV
12-10-2011, 13:28
You know we need a defenseman

guyincognito
12-10-2011, 13:28
lol, I thought that was actually one of the cleaner games they've played this season (not that they don't set a real low bar).... and they lose it.

oh well, the end of that game couldn't have been any more giftwrapped for a point unless they took another penalty after the PS. **** happens. Would have been nice if they played with more intensity in the 2nd and 3rd but they also got sat on after getting scored on

doc e
12-10-2011, 13:29

Spacek 2012-2013?

loljk

brit
I'm glad I did so far. Pretty much every poster over here that I continually enjoyed reading over there.

I got into some **** with Cowbell a few times, finally blew up (to an extent) with me and him PM'ing back and forth then me getting an infraction from Doctor No. I PM'ed him and Classic Devil back and forth a few times with some really thought out, extensive messages that I actually took some time on because I was finally fed up. Pretty much got overlooked anyway. Never really posted as frequently there since then...just kind of lurked.

Wow, they are *** holes (except CD, I maintain that that man is heroic). Glad your here mate, tried to get Jiri Bicek over too. Let's see what happens.

JimEIV

Seem to be a very common pattern.

guyincognito
12-10-2011, 13:30
and why would I leave? I'll still post there but I won't be caught dead talking about DEVILS hockey on there anymore. it's just not worth it.

Dr. Doom
12-10-2011, 13:31

The posters here are all of the best ones from HF. There are still a couple that I would like to see make the jump over here, which is why I still go to HF a little for OT threads. You weren't posting much on HF so I wasn't sure if you were just busy at school.

BTW I'll be home next friday, we will be drinking a lot over break.

doc e
12-10-2011, 13:31
Wow, they are *** holes (except CD, I maintain that that man is heroic). Glad your here mate, tried to get Jiri Bicek over too. Let's see what happens.

Seem to be a very common pattern.

Sorry... last comment about this in the GDT:

I had absolutely zero beef with CD or Doctor No. Still think they're cool guys.

It's just Cowbell gave me some crap, I responded publicly, post got deleted, he went to Doctor No about it, and I fired back with all the abusive and power-hungry **** he had been posting up until that point.

brit
12-10-2011, 13:32

I pine for a defenseman that can lead a rush and run a powerplay. I'm starting to believe some posters that say that Lou may well be the main problem. He can't seem to identify that blatantly obvious fact, which is more than worrying.

brit
12-10-2011, 13:33
Just a thought, has anybody invited daveskirtun? Though I guess that should be me, considering we're buddies.

Getzo5
and why would I leave? I'll still post there but I won't be caught dead talking about DEVILS hockey on there anymore. it's just not worth it.This is the right attitude to have IMO.

VaxjoDevil
lol, I thought that was actually one of the cleaner games they've played this season (not that they don't set a real low bar).... and they lose it.

oh well, the end of that game couldn't have been any more giftwrapped for a point unless they took another penalty after the PS. **** happens. Would have been nice if they played with more intensity in the 2nd and 3rd but they also got sat on after getting scored on

They seemed to be clean also because Habs were pretty lame offensively. But still scored twice, heh.

doc e
12-10-2011, 13:35
The posters here are all of the best ones from HF. There are still a couple that I would like to see make the jump over here, which is why I still go to HF a little for OT threads. You weren't posting much on HF so I wasn't sure if you were just busy at school.

BTW I'll be home next friday, we will be drinking a lot over break.

Nice dude! You should come down to Rutgers either Monday or Tuesday since I have a final on Wednesday that I can literally bomb and be fine. I want to get belligerent.

Also, is P4P over here too?

Getzo5
You know we need a defensemanAt any cost, I`m convinced. Seriously, just make it happen for ****`s sake. We can`t wait any longer.

Devilsfanatic
Just a thought, has anybody invited daveskirtun? Though I guess that should be me, considering we're buddies.

I was thinking of going to the TaN and advertising the site like this.

I love 30 Rock. I had a fantasy, where Tracy was a hockey coach and Grizz and Dot Com were his assistants.

guyincognito
12-10-2011, 13:36
They seemed to be clean also because Habs were pretty lame offensively. But still scored twice, heh.

Yep, on our biggest screwup of the game and Tao getting caught having to make a choice. They definitely didn't have the usual horseshoe lodged up their *** this afternoon. Dunno why they changed all the lines, and they broke up the 1 line and KEPT PARISE AND KOVY TOGETHER. ugh. I guess Carter was hurt or benched or something and that's why Sykie was playing C.

Oh, and Boo getting pulled off the second line.

JimEIV
12-10-2011, 13:36
Where is DF? I want to be a "Team Leader"

Dr. Doom
12-10-2011, 13:37
Nice dude! You should come down to Rutgers either Monday or Tuesday since I have a final on Wednesday that I can literally bomb and be fine. I want to get belligerent.

Also, is P4P over here too?
Monday and Tuesday, as in the 19th and 20th? If those are the days you're talking about I'm totally down to come down to Rutgers.

Pat knows about it here, but hasn't came here yet. He claims he is too busy trying to get an internship. I think if you, max, and I bother him enough he will eventually sign up.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 13:37
Wait, was that mod abuse?

Yeah.

10 points for Gryffindor.

Where is DF? I want to be a "Team Leader"

I don't have that authority here lol. Heck, no mods is my want.

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 13:39
Where is DF? I want to be a "Team Leader"You have to earn it. Just like Kovalchuk earned his "A" last year. :P

Lord Ned Stark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YndPdVzP9H0

jkrdevil
Also remember about the other place that as Devils Army Generals they are basically team employees (though unpaid :laugh:)

doc e
12-10-2011, 13:40
Monday and Tuesday, as in the 19th and 20th? If those are the days you're talking about I'm totally down to come down to Rutgers.

Pat knows about it here, but hasn't came here yet. He claims he is too busy trying to get an internship. I think if you, max, and I bother him enough he will eventually sign up.

Yeah 19th and 20th. Let's black out.

JimEIV
12-10-2011, 13:40
I have an Army of One in my pants

Dr. Doom
12-10-2011, 13:42
Yeah 19th and 20th. Let's black out.
I'm totally down, just like last time where 3 out of 4 of us puked and the other person pissed their pants.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 13:42
Also remember about the other place that as Devils Army Generals they are basically team employees (though unpaid :laugh:)

That's the stupidest idea the Devils have ever had. Honestly. It gives certain ones an even bigger air about themselves.

Should I lock this up and make an OT thread. Or do we still wanna talk about the game?

Dr. Doom
12-10-2011, 13:44
Keep it open. I'm sure we'll get back to the game later.

jkrdevil
12-10-2011, 13:45
Keep it open, it isn't like any of the other threads are now about what the topic says.

doc e
12-10-2011, 13:46
I'm totally down, just like last time where 3 out of 4 of us puked and the other person pissed their pants.

Hahaha if anyone here wants the full story behind this one, don't hesitate to ask either of us.

Also, in terms of the game, I was at work until 3:00 but I was able to catch the final 8 minutes or so. It's my understanding they weren't exactly playing that well at all? (According to my Dad as well as Matt and Sherry.

I was able to catch a few shifts from Teddy, as well as the one that featured the goal, and god dammit he deserves much more of a chance.

JimEIV
12-10-2011, 13:47
I want to talk about the pros and cons of post-cold war arms reduction in eastern Europe.

jkrdevil
12-10-2011, 13:48
I want to talk about the pros and cons of post-cold war arms reduction in eastern Europe.

Go right ahead.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 13:48
True. Just remember, even though you're probably going to the game on Monday. The GDT is yours.

JimEIV
12-10-2011, 13:49
I think we should chop off all arms.

Dr. Doom
12-10-2011, 13:50
Truthfully I thought the game went better than I expected. With both Urbom and Taormina playing I thought we were going to get killed.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 13:51
Tao and Bomb had a few hiccups, but overall they were alright. And they were out on the goal for.

jkrdevil
12-10-2011, 13:51
True. Just remember, even though you're probably going to the game on Monday. The GDT is yours.

I'm not going to the game Monday. If they two game is Tampa were spaced out more I would probably go to both, but unfortunately is isn't practicable right now for me to head up to Tampa.

I'll also probably have to post it Sunday night as I have to be at work early Monday.

jkrdevil
12-10-2011, 13:52
Tao and Bomb had a few hiccups, but overall they were alright. And they were out on the goal for.

They played alright. Hopefully one of them stand out and when Greene and Volch get healthy Sal can lose a spot. We need another player who can make a pass back there.

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 13:53
I have an Army of One in my pantsOne man show/stand up comedy? :D

I want to talk about the pros and cons of post-cold war arms reduction in eastern Europe.I really want to hear this. lol

brit
I thought Tedenby was very good tonight. Made some nice defensive plays, created in the offensive zone, had a couple checks. Solid game.

Lord Ned Stark
i dont remember pissing my pants but i remember having to wash them

guyincognito
12-10-2011, 13:54
I thought Tedenby was very good tonight. Made some nice defensive plays, created in the offensive zone, had a couple checks. Solid game.

Except he got buried playing with Carter again. Nothing against Carter, he does what he does, but it's not a good mix with a player like Tedenby.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 13:54
I'm not going to the game Monday. If they two game is Tampa were spaced out more I would probably go to both, but unfortunately is isn't practicable right now for me to head up to Tampa.

I'll also probably have to post it Sunday night as I have to be at work early Monday.

You can post it today if you want. This isn't HF. And I agree. Tao looked like he had a few decent passes going at the end there. And they put him on unit two on the PP. They're not giving up rushes on the PP often anymore either, because Kovy is making the smart play.

Except he got buried playing with Carter again. Nothing against Carter, he does what he does, but it's not a good mix with a player like Tedenby.

I think he found a good home with the wtf line with Palmieri and Sykora. They actually worked well together. Sykora, for all his **** is a decent cycle player.

brit
12-10-2011, 13:56

I can understand it though. Dude is 21 afterall. He's going to have defensive lapses and mental errors.

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 13:57
I thought Tedenby was very good tonight. Made some nice defensive plays, created in the offensive zone, had a couple checks. Solid game.Tedenby saved the day. Twice!

devilzrule27
12-10-2011, 13:58

He had one lazy play, got benched for a few shifts and came back out firing and ready to go. I love his mentality. He's learning and not letting things get to him. As his confidence rises. his offensive game will continue to get better and if he keeps back checking like he did today Coach Debo will soon forget why he had to bench him all the time.

Dr. Doom
12-10-2011, 13:58
The only bad part of his game today was that bad hooking penalty he took.

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 13:59
Except he got buried playing with Carter again. Nothing against Carter, he does what he does, but it's not a good mix with a player like Tedenby.Agreed. He`s a simple crash&bang type. Typical 4th liner, doesn`t matter if you use him as a C or as a RW. Can`t wait for Josefson to come back.

guyincognito
12-10-2011, 13:59
You can post it today if you want. This isn't HF. And I agree. Tao looked like he had a few decent passes going at the end there. And they put him on unit two on the PP. They're not giving up rushes on the PP often anymore either, because Kovy is making the smart play.

I think he found a good home with the wtf line with Palmieri and Sykora. They actually worked well together. Sykora, for all his **** is a decent cycle player.

The WTF line was Kovy-Sestito and whoever else got dragged out there, I don't remember. After that second goal they really rolled out some freaking random lines.

JimEIV
12-10-2011, 14:00
I would be very happy if Carter was our 4th line center.

doc e
12-10-2011, 14:00
Were Tao and Bom paired together for the whole game? If so, I'm not exactly opposed to this idea.

The kids are playing on the same team (same pairing?) before getting called up and maybe they feel more comfortable with each other.

Dr. Doom
12-10-2011, 14:02
I would be very happy if Carter was our 4th line center.
He should be once Zajac comes back. We are hurting a little in depth because of injuries, but that isn't an excuse to not win.

Were Tao and Bom paired together for the whole game? If so, I'm not exactly opposed to this idea.

The kids are playing on the same team (same pairing?) before getting called up and maybe they feel more comfortable with each other.
Yeah, they were paired together. I think some of the reason was that they play together in Albany so there is that familiarity.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 14:03
Carter will be our 4th line C when Zajac comes back. I think I have DeBoer's Zajac lines figured out (after they ease him back)

Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Tedenby-Elias-Zubrus
Clarkson-Henrique-Sykora
Boulton-Carter-Janssen

guyincognito
12-10-2011, 14:05

Most of the time. Urbom took some shifts with Larsson, too. Honestly I think they're both more polished that Larsson right now, who, although the lord and master of hockey Trottier may disagree, looks pretty damn gassed at times.

Krinkle
12-10-2011, 14:11
Missed most of the game, from what Matt and Sherry said on the radio they were pretty much flat all game.

I did manage to get all excited as I pulled into the driveway with Matt celebrating a goal - but I didn't get out of the car because it didn't sound lik ea goal was being celebrated....then he comes to the realization that it's not a goal put a penalty shot being awarded. So we jump out the car grab the car seat and dash into the house just in time to see Parise stuff it into Prices pad.

Fucking Laughlin, got me all excited for a split second about that goal - ****

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 14:11
Most of the time. Urbom took some shifts with Larsson, too. Honestly I think they're both more polished that Larsson right now, who, although the lord and master of hockey Trottier may disagree, looks pretty damn gassed at times.

LMAO. Yeah, he's gassed. He's playing most minutes as a 19 year old rook. He's also just lost his grandma. But he made a few plays tonight with pressure all over him and just got away from it. The tools are there. I can't wait to see what he looks like as a 23-24 year old defenseman.

Krink, Bob Cole did the same thing to me today haha. Parise had him beat though. He had him.

doc e
12-10-2011, 14:13
Carter will be our 4th line C when Zajac comes back. I think I have DeBoer's Zajac lines figured out (after they ease him back)

Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Tedenby-Elias-Zubrus
Clarkson-Henrique-Sykora
Boulton-Carter-Janssen

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

devilzrule27
12-10-2011, 14:14
met Dave at the Vasyunov memorial at the rock earlier this season and he did mention he wasn't too crazy about how things had been over there and that was why he wasn't posting as frequently

I think he'd like it here

oh hell yeah get dave over here. half my posts over at HF were me and him just making fun of each other.

Devilsfanatic
Montreal trapped the entire time. I hate afternoon games lol.

jkrdevil

I also have a theory of Kovalchuk and the PP. Since he is on for full two minutes he is often gassed. It isn't the two minute PP time that is wearing him out but the timing of the PP. Often a penalty will come right after a shift so he has to go back out there for the full two minutes with little rest. Normally if a player was on for only part of the PP the coach would give them that rest and out them out for the second half. But being tied for him to be used the full time takes that option away.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 14:15
I still don't like the idea of him playing the full two. I wonder who's idea that is. I'll ask him THAT next time instead of criticizing.

VaxjoDevil
12-10-2011, 14:15
Parise is really developing some badass attitude, which I like.

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 14:16

Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Tedenby-Elias-Zubrus
Clarkson-Henrique-Sykora
Boulton-Carter-JanssenNo Calder nomination :(

jkrdevil
12-10-2011, 14:16
LMAO. Yeah, he's gassed. He's playing most minutes as a 19 year old rook. He's also just lost his grandma. But he made a few plays tonight with pressure all over him and just got away from it. The tools are there. I can't wait to see what he looks like as a 23-24 year old defenseman.

Krink, Bob Cole did the same thing to me today haha. Parise had him beat though. He had him.

The two day trip to Sweden over Christmas he has planned isn't going to help him. Hopefully he is smart and doesn't take it (I know about family and all, but still) They play on the 23rd and the 26th. Flying halfway around the world twice in two days isn't a good idea.

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 14:17
I still don't like the idea of him playing the full two. I wonder who's idea that is. I'll ask him THAT next time instead of criticizing.His. He wants to play full two, coaches don`t mind, therefore he`s playing full two. Simple as that.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 14:19
The two day trip to Sweden over Christmas he has planned isn't going to help him. Hopefully he is smart and doesn't take it (I know about family and all, but still) They play on the 23rd and the 26th. Flying halfway around the world twice in two days isn't a good idea.

I think he should take bereavement leave to be honest. It gives him a few days to recharge his guns. Guys do that all the time. But he's staying, so it shows its about the team.

Dr. Doom
I think if he does it they give him one of the games off.

Getzo5
The two day trip to Sweden over Christmas he has planned isn't going to help him. Hopefully he is smart and doesn't take it (I know about family and all, but still) They play on the 23rd and the 26th. Flying halfway around the world twice in two days isn't a good idea.If he really wants to go home (lol, I can imagine Trotts` comment on this), I`d rather just play Fraser and let him rest.

When is Corrente coming back?

devilzrule27

if its that big of an issue then perhaps they should give him a day off. Scratch him for a game and let him rest.

brit
Getzo is right about HF's GDT today

The mind boggles.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 14:20
His. He wants to play full two, coaches don`t mind, therefore he`s playing full two. Simple as that.

If that's the case. I'll let him know his stats are a 100 times better with a few less minutes. He might like that.

VaxjoDevil
12-10-2011, 14:21
I travel to Sweden some ten times a year. I know I'm not an athlete playing in the NHL, but that schedule is downright crazy. Jetlag fucks with your brain.

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 14:22
Getzo is right about HF's GDT todaySatan`s kid? No surprise there. Oh wait, he`s the one who played hockey and knows what he`s talking about. lol

I`d smash that moron with a wooden bench if I met him.

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 14:23
If that's the case. I'll let him know his stats are a 100 times better with a few less minutes. He might like that.Not only that. He`s like 1:30 holding the puck on his stick. That doesn`t help either. I know our D sucks, but you gotta trust your teammates.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 14:26
He made a few stupid rushes today. But that cross ice pass is out of his repertoire now. That's a miracle.

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 14:26
lol it's not worth wasting your time when Robbie Ftorek could always do that for youTrue dat. lol

He made a few stupid rushes today. But that cross ice pass is out of his repertoire now. That's a miracle.Miracle on ice 2.

Director: Stars PBP guy
Cast: Piece of cork
Plot: Dump-in.

Happy end.

Krinkle
12-10-2011, 14:28
Parise is really developing some badass attitude, which I like.

He looked downright annoyed that he had to talk to the press after the game. The way he brushed off that questions about what Patty said, "Aww was Patty trying to cheer you up" type thing - he just goes, "what no, we were talking about the power play and how we are going to score" That was pretty ******* boss.

That focus is a huge character trait right there.

Dr. Doom
12-10-2011, 14:30
Angry Parise is fucking awesome. Actually our entire team is better when they are pissed off.

brit
12-10-2011, 14:30
He looked downright annoyed that he had to talk to the press after the game. The way he brushed off that questions about what Patty said, "Aww was Patty trying to cheer you up" type thing - he just goes, "what no, we were talking about the power play and how we are going to score" That was pretty ******* boss.

That focus is a huge character trait right there.

Shame he won't be a Devil after this season....

:facepalm:

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 14:32
Angry Elias is still the best. Remember that time he cross-checked Ott? That was great.

Parise had him though, I'm still bugged. I think Zach knew he had him too.

Krinkle
12-10-2011, 14:33

:facepalm:

Have you heard the new one?

The Devils are moving to Atlanta and will become the Thrashers.

Don't know where this one came from but 2 or 3 folks on my FB keep referring to the Devils like, "This NJ Thrashers game is boring" I really wonder what chemicals are in that ranger blue dye, it has to cause brain damage.

Dr. Doom
12-10-2011, 14:33
Angry Elias is still the best. Remember that time he cross-checked Ott? That was great.

I was at that game where Elias cross-check Ott. It was such a great game, we dusted them.

Krinkle
12-10-2011, 14:34

Ha I do remember Patty cross checking him right in the neck, that was amazing. I still want to know what Ott said to set him off like that - I don't think it ever came out.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 14:35
I think it was Gayvrey's return to the Rock as a Star.

I'm sure Ott just called him a *****.

brit
12-10-2011, 14:37
Ha I do remember Patty cross checking him right in the neck, that was amazing. I still want to know what Ott said to set him off like that - I don't think it ever came out.

I think he mentioned how terrible Greys Anatomy was. Patty did not like that....

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 14:38

:facepalm:C`mon man, try to stay positive. I know it`s hard but still.

Parise had him though, I'm still bugged. I think Zach knew he had him too.He`s half-Slovak when it comes to these things, he admitted that long time ago. Czechs are like Whinny Prospal, we don`t give a ****. Love angry Patty, my man!

VaxjoDevil
12-10-2011, 14:41
C`mon man, try to stay positive. I know it`s hard but still.

I think the facepalm is meant for his own statement?

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 14:43
I think the facepalm is meant for his own statement?I think that facepalm just solidifies how sad the idea is.

Vinnie
12-10-2011, 14:44
Missed the game but my expectations for this team are so low I'm just happy Marty didn't get lit up. Gonna have to browse the gdt to get the low down.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 14:45
Go browse the HF one. I bet you'll enjoy it more. No one melted down here.

VaxjoDevil
12-10-2011, 14:46
I think that facepalm just solidifies how sad the idea is.

No, I mean he meant facepalm to people thinking like that...but wtf, I'm not sure.

VaxjoDevil
12-10-2011, 14:47
I think people here should take an oath to never spam. To see postcount as something other than...postcount...is so ridiculoso.

brit
The faepalm solidifies my use of sarcasm. Us Brits make out were the funniest people in the world, when most of our humour is born out of sarcasm. That just makes us arseholes.

I'm rambling.... If anyone noticed.

brit
I think people here should take an oath to never spam.

I'm gonna go spam the blue jackets board. Damn Jackets. I hate them.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 14:51
I talk a lot. that's why I have a lot of posts. Plus, I'm sick, so I'm going nowhere. Glad my internet friends are here to keep me company.

We are the 1%. Occupy fantasyhockeycoach.

brit
12-10-2011, 14:52
I talk a lot. that's why I have a lot of posts. Plus, I'm sick, so I'm going nowhere. Glad my internet friends are here to keep me company.

Oh my god, occupy 1% avatars for HF. It's genius.

VaxjoDevil
12-10-2011, 14:54

You don't spam, dude. As you say, you talk a lot.

I think you know what I mean, right?

The faepalm solidifies my use of sarcasm. Us Brits make out were the funniest people in the world, when most of our humour is born out of sarcasm. That just makes us arseholes.

I'm rambling.... If anyone noticed.

That's what I thought.

Not that you are arseholes. The first part.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 14:56
You don't spam, dude. As you say, you talk a lot.

I think you know what I mean, right?

Absolutely. I just have a lot on my mind. Plus I like to respond to people's posts so that they know they're heard. I feel as if every post is talking to me and it would be rude on my part to just ignore it. I really need a gf though, then I'm gone :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 15:07
Kovy's a team guy. But he's gotta trust em more. That much is obvious. It just sucks that him and Teddy got stuck on the ice at the same time for the second goal.

VaxjoDevil
12-10-2011, 15:09
Picking Parise is a nobrainer there. But I had a feeling Patty would score, with that bad ice he would just have roofed it.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 15:11
I guess I was wrong on Zach, btw. He was trying fivehole. He should have gone forehand on that ice though.

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 15:13
I guess I was wrong on Zach, btw. He was trying fivehole. He should have gone forehand on that ice though.Said this on HF. Going 5hole against Price? He`s a 6ft7 Halak, you`re not going to beat him 8 times out of 10 with that move.

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 15:16
And he didn't have any oomph to get the puck up on the backhand either. His forehand fake is fantastic as well. Price knew the backhand was coming, he even said as much.

guyincognito
12-10-2011, 16:26
He said he went 5 hole? I thought he chunked a backhand, it was definitely there if he could get it over the pad.

guyincognito
12-10-2011, 16:27
Picking Parise is a nobrainer there. But I had a feeling Patty would score, with that bad ice he would just have roofed it.

They're both good at it this year (between him and Kovy), either one would have been a good choice. The crowd wanted Henrique. lol

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 16:34
He said he went 5 hole? I thought he chunked a backhand, it was definitely there if he could get it over the pad.He obviousy didn`t want to roof it, just slide it under the left pad.

They're both good at it this year (between him and Kovy), either one would have been a good choice. The crowd wanted Henrique. lolU sure? Weren`t they just mocking the King? :D

Devilsfanatic
12-10-2011, 16:44
They're both good at it this year (between him and Kovy), either one would have been a good choice. The crowd wanted Henrique. lol

Henrique would have been a good choice too. Just not Patty. I know what he does. Slow move in, go forehand then try and tuck it in under the pad on the backhand. Actually, our whole team likes backhand. They should have tried Clarkson :laugh:

jkrdevil
12-10-2011, 16:49
Parise is better penalty shot player career wise so he was a no-brainer. Though looking back with no ice cut maybe Kovy would have been a better choice was you would want someone to just shoot with the bad ice. But that is a total second guess. I said at the time Parise.

Getzo5
12-10-2011, 17:00
Parise is top10 in the league. It was a no-brainer.