PDA

View Full Version : I Claim This Land For Spain - ILikeItVeryMuch (The Party & Bullshit Thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Getzo5
01-12-2012, 15:29
I haven`t even noticed he was back. Seems like he was just scared to post his usual Kovalchuk homo stuff. Calling me for MY reading comprehension? He must`ve confused me with DATW. lol

The dumbest poster on the board calling out other posters for their lack of knowledge. Doesn`t get any better than that. rofl

guyincognito
01-12-2012, 15:29
LOL he's trying again to make another account? Get a life dude.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=42361559&postcount=190

of course the thread gets locked, saving him. those people need to go, I don't understand why they don't get that. lol.

guyincognito
01-12-2012, 15:40
Then they scrub the thread altogether. Good job. lol. Yeah, I think I'll stick to the lounge until they get it.

Dupe gets exposed, dupe admits it, lock thread, erase evidence, keep dupe whose every post is basically an infraction. Makes sense.

Getzo5
01-12-2012, 15:42
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=42361559&postcount=190

of course the thread gets locked, saving him. those people need to go, I don't understand why they don't get that. lol.We kind of have the same problem on our local boards. Two retards (Habs fan and Pens fan) are constantly doing this while bringing nothing to the table other than making inflamatory posts yet mods give them free hand. It`s ridiculous. The reason? "They seemingly don`t break any rules and are hockey fans just as any of you".

Well, screw that. You tell me that these people with no life (lack of intelligence aside) should be allowed to do this? HF mods are made of butter just as ours. What are they afraid of? He`s not going to charge them. He`s not going to find their IP, take a gun and one day shoot them in the head either. Get the **** rid of him, just because. Who cares? I certainly don`t.

Abo`s post made me giggle.

Getzo5
01-12-2012, 15:47
And now the thread gets cleaned up, open and look: http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=42363607&postcount=191

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg612/scaled.php?tn=0&server=612&filename=8scod.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Bday party at Larionovs. Wish we got invited. haha

Dr. Doom
01-12-2012, 15:48
who are those girls and why are they not with me?

guyincognito
01-12-2012, 15:49
We kind of have the same problem on our local boards. Two retards (Habs fan and Pens fan) are constantly doing this while bringing nothing to the table other than making inflamatory posts yet mods give them free hand. It`s ridiculous. The reason? "They seemingly don`t break any rules and are hockey fans just as any of you".

Well, screw that. You tell me that these people with no life (lack of intelligence aside) should be allowed to do this? HF mods are made of butter just as ours. What are they afraid of? He`s not going to charge them. He`s not going to find their IP, take a gun and one day shoot them in the head either. Get the **** rid of him, just because. Who cares? I certainly don`t.

Abo`s post made me giggle.

That's one of the reasons I've pretty much stopped posting there. That and I've kinda reached retirement age as a poster anyway. They have like 4 or 5 shitty posters that run over threads. Why do I want to post in a PGT that is Bleedred's therapy session. Granted the nut doesn't break any rules, except maybe spamming, but this idiot breaks a rule every time he posts. :laugh:

What keeps it going is that so many of the posters there are absolutely tied to that board. If they just picked up and left, even for a day or two, they'd get the message. There's probably only 15-20 people there that drive the traffic. Without them, there wouldn't be any. I don't totally get it, like I give two shits what forum I talk about hockey on. It's not like you're going to get noticed out of the crowd and get a gig out of it. lol.

guyincognito
01-12-2012, 15:51
And I know you guys or some of you guys are reading (as obviously I am over there to find that), so... why? lol.

Getzo5
01-12-2012, 15:54
That's one of the reasons I've pretty much stopped posting there. That and I've kinda reached retirement age as a poster anyway. They have like 4 or 5 shitty posters that run over threads. Why do I want to post in a PGT that is Bleedred's therapy session. Granted the nut doesn't break any rules, except maybe spamming, but this idiot breaks a rule every time he posts. :laugh:

What keeps it going is that so many of the posters there are absolutely tied to that board. If they just picked up and left, even for a day or two, they'd get the message. There's probably only 15-20 people there that drive the traffic. Without them, there wouldn't be any. I don't totally get it, like I give two shits what forum I talk about hockey on. It's not like you're going to get noticed out of the crowd and get a gig out of it. lol.Depends, what you think is the so-called retirement age? Just curious. haha

Agreed. That said, I still like that place more than I dislike two or three idiots. And Bleedred doesn`t bother me. I ignore all of his posts, they can make your life shorter!

who are those girls and why are they not with me?The one behind Alyonka is her fresh 21yo sister. The other one is probably just another hot Russian friend.

Sorry, can`t answer your 2nd question. :sarcasm:

guyincognito
01-12-2012, 15:56
Depends, what you think is the so-called retirement age? Just curious. haha

30K posts is just too many. lol. When you've gotten to that point, everything that needs to be said has been said. Hell, alot more than needs to be said.

Dr. Doom
01-12-2012, 15:58
The one behind Alyonka is her fresh 21yo sister. The other one is probably just another hot Russian friend.

Sorry, can`t answer your 2nd question. :sarcasm:
Same age as me, sounds perfect. I can answer the 2nd question and it's that they are very hot and I'm a loser haha

Getzo5
01-12-2012, 16:02
30K posts is just too many. lol. When you've gotten to that point, everything that needs to be said has been said. Hell, alot more than needs to be said.So what you say is that I`m halfway through? Now I know how it feels to be 40! Damn, not a good feeling at all. haha

I guess Saugus is undead or something.

Same age as me, sounds perfect. I can answer the 2nd question and it's that they are very hot and I'm a loser hahaYounger than me, but still close. Don`t be so hard at yourself!

Dr. Doom
01-12-2012, 16:05
I'm not too bad on myself. I have pretty decent confidence, but they are way out of my league haha. And we are talking about girls I'll never meet.

JimEIV
01-12-2012, 16:12
I haven't had a drink since January 2nd. This sucks. I can see my liquor cabinet from across the room and I agreed not to drink until the end of the month...soley for weight loss purposes. But the bottle of vodka is sitting right next to the shaker and the martini glasses looking so lonely. I know I have olives in the refrigerator and if I put them all together I can create a harmonious environment.

I just want some harmony damnit.

vonbonds
01-12-2012, 16:27
I haven't had a drink since January 2nd. This sucks. I can see my liquor cabinet from across the room and I agreed not to drink until the end of the month...soley for weight loss purposes. But the bottle of vodka is sitting right next to the shaker and the martini glasses looking so lonely. I know I have olives in the refrigerator and if I put them all together I can create a harmonious environment.

I just want some harmony damnit.

I couldn't drink for about a month when I had bronchitis a few months ago, it was brutal. I know your feeling!

Good luck with your shoulder. I wrecked mine in college and just deal with it...**** surgery.

vonbonds
01-12-2012, 16:29
30K posts is just too many. lol. When you've gotten to that point, everything that needs to be said has been said. Hell, alot more than needs to be said.

Does Saugus know this? :laugh: That guy is prodigious at posting!

guyincognito
01-12-2012, 16:43
Does Saugus know this? :laugh: That guy is prodigious at posting!

Well, he's going for the record. :laugh:

He'll probably get within 5 of the record and then there will be some kind of server disaster that requires a restart. I think it's happened before.

JimEIV
01-12-2012, 17:04
I hate being edited.

daveskirtun
01-12-2012, 17:25
I'm sorry I'm such an awful human being.

JimEIV
01-12-2012, 17:35

http://vimeo.com/33572405
I watched this, I'm alright now.

JimEIV
01-12-2012, 17:45

When mods delete post do they make explosion sounds with their mouth when they hit delete?

I picture a lot kids without girlfriends yelling "kaboom" while deleting post all night...but I have an active imagination.

daveskirtun
01-12-2012, 17:52
When mods delete post do they make explosion sounds with their mouth when they hit delete?

I picture a lot kids without girlfriends yelling "kaboom" while deleting post all night...but I have an active imagination.

That is classified. Friends?

JimEIV
01-12-2012, 19:24
That is classified. Friends?

I'm not mad at you. I just honestly don't get the policy there. It seems so arbitrary. And when there are people truly starting trouble, attacking other posters or really trolling nothing is done until it turns into a **** show. I was on that board for over 12 years about 11 without an infraction then all of sudden it became daycare for the mentally retarded.

Yeah, I'm still pissed about how things went down there and it is a shame because the moderators allowed it to happen and drove away everything that was good about that place.

selyar
01-13-2012, 06:11
i had recently noticed that my vanilla cake wasn't nearly as good as some of my other creations. i had a theory as to why, tried it out last night, and boom. better cupcakes. might need a smidge more vanilla extract, which i might sub in vanilla bean paste instead for the awesome little specks of vanilla bean. also, in early feburary my homemade hazelnut extract will be done "extracting" and i'm totally making nutella inspired cupcakes, hazelnut cake, chocolate frosting.

onefatsurfer
01-13-2012, 07:00
i'm surprised my posts weren't edited in my little spat with trottier

Getzo5
01-13-2012, 09:55
What the hell? People care about the ASG THAT much? Old scars? Bias? Go figure!

JimEIV
01-13-2012, 10:11
i'm surprised my posts weren't edited in my little spat with trottier

where was it?

Devilsfanatic
01-13-2012, 12:39
Was supposed to be back in Canada today. Decided to extend a week before my next job. **** coming back.

Lord Ned Stark
01-13-2012, 12:47
It doesn't **** you off that kovy can't make the asg? Surely he's better than some of the other players elected. He also prob has more points than ovechkin right now. Then again I don't really care either

onefatsurfer
01-13-2012, 13:08
where was it?

In the GDT for the Edmonton game. It wasn't anything much, just a jab or two back and forth and then the game ended and I went to bed.

Vinnie
01-13-2012, 13:29
Mmmmm, duck. I don't know why you aren't more a popular food. More for me.

Dr. Doom
01-13-2012, 13:53
Duck is very good. It is something I wish I was able to eat more.

JimEIV
01-13-2012, 15:53
Duck is my second favorite protein after venison.

Wingman77
01-13-2012, 17:58
What really is starting to make me laugh about HF is our financial situation and people continuing to ignore and be oblivious to it

Even with today's news......clearly there is something wrong and the good ol where there's smoke, there is fire.....it doesn't matter if it's from the post or not, we have issues and why people continue to want to ignore it is beyond me

Krinkle
01-13-2012, 18:03
What really is starting to make me laugh about HF is our financial situation and people continuing to ignore and be oblivious to it

Even with today's news......clearly there is something wrong and the good ol where there's smoke, there is fire.....it doesn't matter if it's from the post or not, we have issues and why people continue to want to ignore it is beyond me

The only thing wrong is how woefully inaccurate the media is in reporting in.

Yeah, FOX, there's a great news source. Oh and the NY Post, yeah they don't hate us? Nope.

JVB's partner wants to sell.

There was something like an 80 million dollar installment due on the loan a few months ago. That guy didn't want to pay because he wants out and was actively shopping his stake. Fair enough the bank said, you have X amount of time. X amount of time is drawing near, bank is getting worried.

This is called business.

My concern is this: Who the **** wants to buy a sports franchise in this type of economy?

The worst part is the idiots who think that Russian guy is going to buy us and take us to Brooklyn and the assholes who think the NHL is going to yank us and take us to Canada or some ****.

Neither of these will happen, worst case we file for bankruptcy protection so we can tell the banks to **** off while capital is raised to pay it off.

jkrdevil
01-13-2012, 18:09

My favorite is the TG says everything is ok posts! He (and the other beat writers) will be the last to get the news. Especially TG who doesn't look into anything. He was last to Kovalchuk trade, and vehemently denied the post report on the Kovalchuk offer (which proved to be correct) a week before his signing was announced. Basically he just reports what he gets straight from the team. In some ways that is good, in some ways that is bad.

That said I have to say 80 million in debt is less than I thought it would be. But Vanderbeek at this point just needs to sell and take his medicine. I believe his plan he is trying to do with the TV deal is basically the same thing MLB stepped in to prevent the Dodgers from doing.

Wingman77
01-13-2012, 18:11
The only thing wrong is how woefully inaccurate the media is in reporting in.

Yeah, FOX, there's a great news source. Oh and the NY Post, yeah they don't hate us? Nope.

JVB's partner wants to sell.

There was something like an 80 million dollar installment due on the loan a few months ago. That guy didn't want to pay because he wants out and was actively shopping his stake. Fair enough the bank said, you have X amount of time. X amount of time is drawing near, bank is getting worried.

This is called business.

My concern is this: Who the **** wants to buy a sports franchise in this type of economy?

The worst part is the idiots who think that Russian guy is going to buy us and take us to Brooklyn and the assholes who think the NHL is going to yank us and take us to Canada or some ****.

Neither of these will happen, worst case we file for bankruptcy protection so we can tell the banks to **** off while capital is raised to pay it off.

Well that is also what I am concerned about and what shocks me that people want to ignore that - you said it, who wants to put that much $$ forth in this type of economy?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aside from the late payment, we still are, or JVB at least is still in a good ammount of debt and that is another thing I'm concerned about especially with Parise's contract coming to a close, I mean this isn't the ideal time for a lot of these question marks from the financial standpoint of our franchise, to be coming into play

Perhaps I am looking too much into it, but I am still concerned also because of things we may not be totally aware of behind the scenes

My favorite is the TG says everything is ok posts! He (and the other beat writers) will be the last to get the news. Especially TG who doesn't look into anything. He was last to Kovalchuk trade, and vehemently denied the post report on the Kovalchuk offer (which proved to be correct) a week before his signing was announced. Basically he just reports what he gets straight from the team. In some ways that is good, in some ways that is bad.

That said I have to say 80 million in debt is less than I thought it would be. But Vanderbeek at this point just needs to sell and take his medicine. I believe his plan he is trying to do with the TV deal is basically the same thing MLB stepped in to prevent the Dodgers from doing.

This could be a bit of an overstatement, but I think JVB should just consider selling the team (not an easy task as Krinkle got into with the economy), but in a way it would be nice to get all of these question marks financially out of the way with somebody new who has the $$

vonbonds
01-13-2012, 18:14
i had recently noticed that my vanilla cake wasn't nearly as good as some of my other creations. i had a theory as to why, tried it out last night, and boom. better cupcakes. might need a smidge more vanilla extract, which i might sub in vanilla bean paste instead for the awesome little specks of vanilla bean. also, in early feburary my homemade hazelnut extract will be done "extracting" and i'm totally making nutella inspired cupcakes, hazelnut cake, chocolate frosting.

I have become a foodie and this post just proved it to me. I loved reading about your thought process and how you tweaked a recipe and plan to work on it more. I do the same thing but with BBQ with regards to what to marinate with, how long, what wood to use for smoke, etc... My wife and I watch so many Food Network shows it is crazy.

Think about creating a blog for your cupcake experiences. I know I would enjoy reading about it.

PS. I read your post to my wife and she asked where you and OFS live. I think when it gets to spring time we might make a trip up to buy some cup cakes :).

vonbonds
01-13-2012, 18:15
Mmmmm, duck. I don't know why you aren't more a popular food. More for me.

Duck isn't my thing but I think like you about lamb.

jkrdevil
01-13-2012, 18:19
The team isn't in any danger of of moving. This isn't a Phoenix situation, it is like the Dallas situation. The problem with that is the ability to keep Parise. If the league has to come in, even if they allow a larger than usual payroll they aren't going to allow a Brad Richards type structured contract that is going to be needed to sign him. With the CBA looming I would almost guarantee Zach gets close to a $10 million signing bonus from someone as "lockout
protection. We aren't in a situation where they can hand someone a $10 check July 1.

And the tv deal thing they may or may not be trying is awful long term. It basically would set us up to be the Islanders long-term because it takes that part of the revenue out of the teams hands for use to improve the team. And gate revenue is down from where it was a couple years ago because of them lowering prices.

vonbonds
01-13-2012, 18:20

I ignore their money issues because I deal with money nearly every day because of my job. I just look to this as an excuse to escape and enjoy something without much effort. I also agree with you though, where there is smoke there usually is fire.

Wingman77
01-13-2012, 18:39
I ignore their money issues because I deal with money nearly every day because of my job. I just look to this as an excuse to escape and enjoy something without much effort. I also agree with you though, where there is smoke there usually is fire.

Money issues just suck period lol

Yea the NYPost hates us, they make that pretty clear, and yea it tends to get annoying hearing all the BS from them every month about our financial issues, but unfortunately it's something we can't ignore as fans because of our mental investments in the team

Krinkle
01-13-2012, 20:44
I'm pretty sure that Muttley guy has Asperger's

Wingman77
01-13-2012, 20:54
I'm pretty sure that Muttley guy has Asperger's

lol when I was reading your response I was like c'man dude why waste your time

He's one of the couple of people that I was talking about that keep me away from that thread

Sometimes I wonder if he seriously believe what he says

Krinkle
01-13-2012, 21:14
lol when I was reading your response I was like c'man dude why waste your time

He's one of the couple of people that I was talking about that keep me away from that thread

Sometimes I wonder if he seriously believe what he says

The dude has a really vivid sense of imagination

Sadly he let's that really skew his view of facts at hand

I can't tell if he's being sincere, or just a really really bad attempt at artful trolling.

And then I'm not sure which I would feel worse for him for :laugh:

Wingman77
01-13-2012, 21:36
The dude has a really vivid sense of imagination

Sadly he let's that really skew his view of facts at hand

I can't tell if he's being sincere, or just a really really bad attempt at artful trolling.

And then I'm not sure which I would feel worse for him for :laugh:

Either way too much of an effort is put forth by him for an internet forum lol

guyincognito
01-14-2012, 05:20
It's not so much people ignoring it (alright some people do), it has more to do with the same old **** over and over again. There's really been nothing new or original in the last couple of articles and there's inconsistancies in the stories and the actuality of the situation. In order to be ran by the league, they would probably not be operating the way they are.

This isn't a situation where they have a $50M payroll and you say "oh, that's why!". They've dialed back a bit, but not that much and they took money on for useless Foster.

Bankruptcy is 99.9% their endgame but that doesn't mean it has to be now.

and Muttley is what I'm talking about re: retiring from message boards. His time has come, maybe he doesn't have the big post count, but when all you offer is that, to get a reaction, it's time to find somewhere else.

onefatsurfer
01-14-2012, 05:37
I have become a foodie and this post just proved it to me. I loved reading about your thought process and how you tweaked a recipe and plan to work on it more. I do the same thing but with BBQ with regards to what to marinate with, how long, what wood to use for smoke, etc... My wife and I watch so many Food Network shows it is crazy.

Think about creating a blog for your cupcake experiences. I know I would enjoy reading about it.

PS. I read your post to my wife and she asked where you and OFS live. I think when it gets to spring time we might make a trip up to buy some cup cakes :).

EDIT: this is selyar...damn ofs and his auto login.

haha, oh i know i'm a foodie. and thanks for the comment. i assume that everyone ignores my ramblings about some stuff if there aren't cupcakes in it for them. haha. and i would love to try more ideas out, but the problem is, to really get a good idea of how a recipe will work, you can't cut it down. some recipes don't even half well. so like. wtf am i going to do with 3 or 4 batches of tweaked cupcakes? wedding dress would never fit. and if i've got paying customers, i'm not going to experiment on them. so basically i look for excuses to bring cupcakes places, work parties, family parties, etc... and use my friends and family as testers. it's a slow process. my friends at work have a love/hate relationship with me. although they were pretty big fans of everything when i was getting ready for a cupcake throwdown, lol. i got challenged by this other girl, and this was very early in my cake baking career, so i really needed to work on stuff. i made multiple yellow cakes and chocolate cakes, and multiple icing flavors and brought the whole spread into work and had people try different combos to see what they liked. that's where my nutella frosting started. god that stuff is good.

what i just did was lower the amount of flour. the vanilla cake was heavier than other cakes i do. i usually use all purpose flour for everything so i just cut down on that to see how it went, and that worked pretty well. obvious improvement. i do want to try again and use cake flour. what i'm worried about with cake flour is it will be almost too light. part of the appeal of a cupcake is the structure and "hold-ability". you don't want it to be too soft so that you're sucking disintegrated cupcake off the wrapper and your fingers. you want it to have some body to it. it also needs to support the big ol' pile of frosting i pipe on top. cake flour is great for regular cakes that you eat with a fork because that structure doesn't matter so much. depending how the cake flour experiment goes, i might try a 50/50 mix.

as for a blog, i've considered it. i don't really have much time at the moment with wedding stuff and everything, but it might happen. i'll share the link if i ever get around to it.

also, Landenberg is a solid two hours from me. but Belmar is great before Memorial Day and all the bennies hit the beach.

ok, this post is massive. i'll stop. haha

selyar
01-14-2012, 09:12
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/stephanieelyar/2012-01-13174741.jpg

Dr. Doom
01-14-2012, 09:41
It looks like someone made a mess all over the cupcakes :laugh:

selyar
01-14-2012, 09:49
It looks like someone made a mess all over the cupcakes :laugh:

a delicious peanut buttery mess

Dr. Doom
01-14-2012, 11:48
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x78v73_tracy-morgan-conan-int_shortfilms

Lord Ned Stark
01-15-2012, 04:31
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x78v73_tracy-morgan-conan-int_shortfilms

classic schmosby

Getzo5
01-15-2012, 12:11
http://i.imgur.com/kXGSY.gif

DF`s gonna kill me for this. haha

Dr. Doom
01-15-2012, 12:32
Stop haunting me with it!

Getzo5
01-15-2012, 12:47
Stop haunting me with it!I was here first. trolololololol

vonbonds
01-15-2012, 14:13
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/stephanieelyar/2012-01-13174741.jpg

Quoted for awesomeness!

JimEIV
01-15-2012, 17:14
http://i.imgur.com/kXGSY.gif

DF`s gonna kill me for this. haha

I already told him she look like a dude ...I think she looks like Macaulay Culkin.

JimEIV
01-15-2012, 17:16
I feel feminine eating cupcakes :dunno:

vonbonds
01-15-2012, 17:35
I feel feminine eating cupcakes :dunno:

That's bizarre. It is just food, not an accessory.

Devilsfanatic
01-16-2012, 00:29
I already told him she look like a dude ...I think she looks like Macaulay Culkin.

And I told you then. **** you. But HF might have censored me.
At my cousins wedding, I met this actress, didn't know she was one when I met her, just thought she was super hot. Didn't realize the guy she was traveling with was her bf for a bit, but that didn't stop me from talking to her a lot. Met her again yesterday and she gave me her number and today she added me on facebook. I hope she breaks up with that guy lol, even though he's pretty awesome.

vonbonds
01-16-2012, 07:34
And I told you then. **** you. But HF might have censored me.
At my cousins wedding, I met this actress, didn't know she was one when I met her, just thought she was super hot. Didn't realize the guy she was traveling with was her bf for a bit, but that didn't stop me from talking to her a lot. Met her again yesterday and she gave me her number and today she added me on facebook. I hope she breaks up with that guy lol, even though he's pretty awesome.

Dating an actress sounds difficult because of their schedule and most likely self centered nature (generalizing here). Now if she wants to practice full contact karate with you then by all means go for it!

Devilsfanatic
01-16-2012, 07:49
She's really not though, she's super cool and my celebrity crush lol

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Images/2010/9/710c076d-c2e2-4e93-9b06-60ed5b19f001MediumRes.JPG

vonbonds
01-16-2012, 08:37
She is beautiful. So she is Canadian and lives in Canada? Sounds a bit more doable than India for you. Now get rid of that nice guy :).

VaxjoDevil
01-16-2012, 10:27
Emma Watson is slowly winning me over. Give her two more years.

Getzo5
01-16-2012, 10:56
That`s awesome DF, good luck.

Emma Watson is slowly winning me over. Give her two more years.Give her 5. I`m still not sure she can win this battle. Doesn`t happen often.

Gail O`grady <3

Devilsfanatic
01-16-2012, 11:10
She is beautiful. So she is Canadian and lives in Canada? Sounds a bit more doable than India for you. Now get rid of that nice guy :).
American, lived in Canada, moved to India, but travels the world. I like the guy too much, so I wouldn't get involved with that. If they break up organically though, I'm in.

JimEIV
01-16-2012, 13:53
Only 10 more days until the fly show and the 2012 film tour!

http://vimeo.com/34562879

JimEIV
01-16-2012, 13:58
http://vimeo.com/34614907

JimEIV
01-16-2012, 14:08
http://vimeo.com/34639169

JimEIV
01-16-2012, 14:14
http://vimeo.com/34582946

daveskirtun
01-16-2012, 14:16
Emma Watson belongs to me, fuckers.

vonbonds
01-16-2012, 14:22
I bought a PA fishing license last year and went fishing 0 times :(. I am not getting my license until I know a date I can actually use it this year! Did I say I miss fishing?!?! I enjoy local ponds for bass but hope to expand my horizons as soon as my life lets me.

JimEIV
01-16-2012, 14:52
I bought a PA fishing license last year and went fishing 0 times :(. I am not getting my license until I know a date I can actually use it this year! Did I say I miss fishing?!?! I enjoy local ponds for bass but hope to expand my horizons as soon as my life lets me.

There is trout water all around you! And once the days get longer, there is nothing more relaxing than just walking the banks of a trout steam. Sometimes I don't even fish, I just walk and look for bug activity, feeding fish or just watch a pool to see what happens. There is always something to see and I find it amazing how no matter what is going on in my life that I can lose myself in the moment on the water.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-16-2012, 17:03
Bah, there's nothing on TV tonight.

Dr. Doom
01-16-2012, 17:04
What! New episode of How I Met Your Mother on right now.

vonbonds
01-16-2012, 17:48

Stars vs. Blues is a fun game so far with Doc doing the game.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-16-2012, 18:26
Stars vs. Blues is a fun game so far with Doc doing the game.

True. Also found the Rutgers basketball game too.

vonbonds
01-16-2012, 18:41
I am mesmerized by PGX now on HF. He is making me ashamed of having a ****. Who can I vent to!?!?! How about shut the **** up and just deal!

Clarkson Falls Down
01-16-2012, 18:57
LOL he's such a bandwagon fan. So is Korean Devil. A month ago he makes it known that he's a Niners fan and starts posting religiously in that thread. I can't take bandwagon fans, no matter if you like the same team as me or not. And for PGX this is strike 2. He did this with baseball.

jkrdevil
01-16-2012, 19:00
The best was awhile back when he posted something from 2005 to prove he wasn't a bandwagon Packer fan. Unless you were a Packer fan back in 1990 (or are from Wisconsin) you are a bandwagon fan.

onefatsurfer
01-16-2012, 19:50
I wonder how long until my post in the gdt is censored..

daveskirtun
01-16-2012, 20:23
I wonder how long until my post in the gdt is censored..

it had a good run

VaxjoDevil
01-16-2012, 21:39
I was jetlagged, woke up at 3am and with nothing to do, watched the republican presidential debate, and man...I'm trying to hold back.

Ah **** it, It's a disgrace. Makes me wonder if democracy is a good thing. They are not stupid, far from it. But they are hypocrites to a level that is just mindboggling. Yeah, just get federal government out of South Carolina, and lower taxes. Never mind that South Carolina gets 1.65 back on every dollar they pay in federal taxes. This Union would be in such better shape if we didn't have to pay for these white trash southern states sucking us dry. Btw, NJ gets 0.60, dead last, on every dollar paid. I'd happily take back the share we pay to South Carolina.

selyar
01-17-2012, 05:52
The best was awhile back when he posted something from 2005 to prove he wasn't a bandwagon Packer fan. Unless you were a Packer fan back in 1990 (or are from Wisconsin) you are a bandwagon fan.

not sure what promted all this because i don't follow football or read the football thread on HF, but pacman wasn't alive in 1990. he's just a kid. :dunno:

JimEIV
01-17-2012, 07:01
Not born in 1990? Why is this so hard for me to comprehend?

Lord Ned Stark
01-17-2012, 07:02
89 alll day

selyar
01-17-2012, 07:07
89 alll day

86 is better. :p

JimEIV
01-17-2012, 07:08
By 1990 I was living in apartment with my girlfriend. (now wife)

Devilsfanatic
01-17-2012, 07:14
In 1990, I was six. 84 is a good vintage year.

JimEIV
01-17-2012, 07:30
If I told you my life from 1987 to 1993 you wouldn't believe a word.

It was strange to say the least.
It took me from Paterson NJ, to Hanover NH, to Boca Raton FL, then on to Aspen Colorado with a Short stint in Reno Nevada....A little while in Vancouver BC then on to Boston to learn how to be a responsible human being.

I miss those days dearly.

Getzo5
01-17-2012, 08:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Sl1RswW5U&feature=player_embedded

Dr. Doom
01-17-2012, 08:53
There is a really hot girl in my sociology class. I must talk to her.

Getzo5
01-17-2012, 09:10
There is a really hot girl in my sociology class. I must talk to her.Pics or didn`t happen.

Dr. Doom
01-17-2012, 09:15
Pics or didn`t happen.
I saw her at the end of class. She is everything I like in terms of looks. Hopefully I'll be able to sit next to her next class.

daveskirtun
01-17-2012, 09:51
1988 or bust

JimEIV
01-17-2012, 10:00
Ask her to see her Skinner box.

onefatsurfer
01-17-2012, 10:00
Hey Tao, did you ever get a set of speakers?

Tao Jones
01-17-2012, 10:14
Hey Tao, did you ever get a set of speakers?

Not yet. I almost went for those Sonys but I needed another $2.67 for the free shipping. I started looking at cheap discoutned HDMI cables, but they didn't qualify for the free shipping because they weren't from amazon. Then I started looking at the cheap headsets. Then I started a new tutoring job, so I haven't gone back to it yet, with the gf wanting more of my time over the three-day weekend.

Glad for the extra work, but the commute is about 45 minutes during rush hour and we finish 15 minutes before the start of the Devils games on Tuesdays and Thursdays of which there are 20 remaining on the schedule. When daylight savings occurs, that will be another hour of game time I'll be missing for the last seven Tuesday and Thursday games.

Luckily, Albany has zero Tuedays and Thursdays and the ECHL has seven Ts & Ths between Kalamazoo, Elmira, and Trenton.

Didn't mean to go off on a tangent.

Thanks for the audio advice ofs, I think the Sonys are what I'm looking for.

onefatsurfer
01-17-2012, 10:31
http://slickdeals.net/slickfillers/

JimEIV
01-17-2012, 10:32
I need to go fishing. I think I'm going to leave work and go now.

Tao Jones
01-17-2012, 10:38
http://slickdeals.net/slickfillers/

Sweet.

Thanks again.

Dr. Doom
01-17-2012, 10:48
http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/internet-memes-its-low-cal-i-swear.jpg

Lord Ned Stark
01-17-2012, 10:56
There is a really hot girl in my sociology class. I must talk to her.

there are some good prospects so far over here

Dr. Doom
01-17-2012, 11:01
there are some good prospects so far over here
That class is loaded with prospects. It will be the only reason I show up to class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_D7rZv8Ek8

Lord Ned Stark
01-17-2012, 13:13
Hopefully there are some Adam henrique style prospects in my next class. I mean that in the least gay way possible

doc e
01-17-2012, 13:42
Have a really gorgeous girl in one of my smaller classes. I'll have to sit next to her next week and bust out of my shy, *****-like, shell.

Dr. Doom
01-17-2012, 13:49
Have a really gorgeous girl in one of my smaller classes. I'll have to sit next to her next week and bust out of my shy, *****-like, shell.
I have to do the same thing. I don't normally talk in class. I'm sure I'll end up sounding like an idiot, but you never know unless you try.

JimEIV
01-17-2012, 14:02
Try this. It works like 63% of the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK-4W7c0BgE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Dr. Doom
01-17-2012, 14:13
I just have to hope she sits in a similar seat next class. The class is really big so sitting next to her will probably be the most difficult part. Then I just need to have the courage to say something to her :laugh:

JimEIV
01-17-2012, 14:17
You can say, that seat is taken but my face is available ....that works sometimes too.

VaxjoDevil
01-17-2012, 15:12
Fool yourselves that you have no interest at all in sleeping with her. Once you have that mindset, it's easy to talk, and you become extraordinarily likable guys that will get her juices flowing. It takes some mental discipline, though.

onefatsurfer
01-17-2012, 15:13
New tent is the ****. Sooooo light and easy to set up.

Dr. Doom
01-17-2012, 15:57
You can say, that seat is taken but my face is available ....that works sometimes too.
It's almost crazy enough to work :laugh: That does sound like it would work in a bar. The times it doesn't work will probably end up with a slap or drink to the face haha.

I like to be simple and just use the introduce myself type of thing. I just need a simple excuse to start a conversation. Once I get past breaking the ice I'm golden.

JimEIV
Fool yourselves that you have no interest at all in sleeping with her. Once you have that mindset, it's easy to talk, and you become extraordinarily likable guys that will get her juices flowing. It takes some mental discipline, though.

I find hundreds work best.

Dr. Doom
I could always go to get something out of my pocket and drop a wad of 100's and a magnum ******...

JimEIV
01-17-2012, 15:59
I could always go to get something out of my pocket and drop a wad of 100's and a magnum ******...

Nah, she would get the ploy immediately. Take it out so there is no misunderstanding.

Dr. Doom
01-17-2012, 16:05
If only it was socially acceptable to show man cleavage

Lord Ned Stark
01-17-2012, 19:07
its too cold to hang brain anyway

VaxjoDevil
01-18-2012, 00:16
I find hundreds work best.

Yeah, but you gotta pay in a way she doesn't realize you're paying for it. Works well with Swedish blondes, of course, ha.

VaxjoDevil
01-18-2012, 00:17
I have gotten hooked on figure skating. Sat on the train and watched women's long program from the Olympics. Fucking awesome.

Devilsfanatic
01-18-2012, 01:01
I have gotten hooked on figure skating. Sat on the train and watched women's long program from the Olympics. Fucking awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy4&feature=related

Devilsfanatic
01-18-2012, 01:03
Try this. It works like 63% of the time.

63% of the time, every time?

Vinnie
01-18-2012, 01:24
In 1990, I was six. 84 is a good vintage year.

You, me, Parise. 84 runs this town.

Vinnie
01-18-2012, 01:24
If I told you my life from 1987 to 1993 you wouldn't believe a word.

It was strange to say the least.
It took me from Paterson NJ, to Hanover NH, to Boca Raton FL, then on to Aspen Colorado with a Short stint in Reno Nevada....A little while in Vancouver BC then on to Boston to learn how to be a responsible human being.

I miss those days dearly.

What did you do in Vancouver?

VaxjoDevil
01-18-2012, 01:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy4&feature=related

Hahaha. I know. I'm mostly watching the women, though.

Devilsfanatic
01-18-2012, 02:17
You, me, Parise. 84 runs this town.

Beverly Hills Cop also released that year.

Vaxjo, Tessa Virtue

VaxjoDevil
01-18-2012, 06:40
Tessa Virtue? Nah, Yu Na Kim. Best skater in the world, basically, and looks like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/63/Kim_Yu-Na_2007_Cup_of_Russia.jpg

Good combo.

Getzo5
01-18-2012, 08:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1T61vX4wm4

Boss.

Joubert`s pirouettes and Takahashi`s choreographies are amazing. I watched it a couple of times with my mom during the dinner. Some people don`t realize how freakin hard that is. Still boring and gay lol, but...

http://www.manolith.com/2010/02/22/15-hottest-female-figure-skaters-of-all-time/

Dr. Doom
01-18-2012, 08:17
Yeah, but you gotta pay in a way she doesn't realize you're paying for it. Works well with Swedish blondes, of course, ha.
Swedish blondes
http://www.prosportstickers.com/product_images/s/homer_drool_2__44365.gif

selyar
01-18-2012, 08:25
my dad loved peggy fleming.

we also used to watch figure skating together when i was a kid. my parents were divorced when i was 4. i thought my dad watched with me because I wanted to. i put two and two together after while. single guy watching figure skating? he was lucky he had a little girl as an excuse.

Getzo5
01-18-2012, 08:54
Swedish blondes
http://www.prosportstickers.com/product_images/s/homer_drool_2__44365.gifI second this. haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAYQrrI4Xd4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDerjwjK2fM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlmcs1xsIy8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlmcs1xsIy8&feature=related)

Dr. Doom
01-18-2012, 09:05
I need to go to Sweden

Devilsfanatic
01-18-2012, 12:34
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/18/mark-wahlberg-on-911-plane_n_1213029.html

Mark Wahlberg on 9/11 and choking his chicken.

daveskirtun
01-18-2012, 14:25
Marky Mark is the man.

JimEIV
01-18-2012, 15:00
I've developed this habit where I can't eat sushi without vodka.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-18-2012, 15:33
Marky Mark's a little lost.

Dr. Doom
01-18-2012, 15:36
I've developed this habit where I can't eat sushi without vodka.
I want sushi really badly.

JimEIV
01-18-2012, 15:53
I can't tell you how excited I am for the Somerset fly fishing show....one week from tomorrow I get to see all my friends from around the country/world. It really has nothing to do with fishing and more to do with seeing people and partying for 3 straight days.

People from every state and every continent come to this show and at the end of each day the last thing they want to talk about is fishing. They just want to have a good time....and that is where I come in! The restaurants in New Brunswick are already booked and I got a hotel room that I turn into a bar....My buddies from Argentina really appreciate that!

onefatsurfer
01-18-2012, 16:26
Just replaced the guylines on my new tent with 150lb test Spectra core, polyester sheathed line. 1 mm thick. :amazed:
The **** weighs close to nothing. It's a little overkill on the lightness, but I needed new guylines for my winter tent, so I figure I'll use the heavier lines that came with the ultralight tent for that, and use the newer, weightless lines for the ultralight.

Now I just need to get some new sleeping bags, some decent sleeping pads and something to purify water (tabs, drops or filter) and we should be all set. I think I have the sleeping bags picked out, just have to find them on sale...

JimEIV
01-18-2012, 16:29
Spectra is what all of my bowstrings are made out of.

They market it as FastFlight. Lighter the string the faster the bow....good stuff.

JimEIV
01-19-2012, 05:36
My friends out west really know how to have fun.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-6817-1326979995407.jpg

onefatsurfer
01-19-2012, 06:28
hey T21, did you ever get your secret santa gift?

Getzo5
01-19-2012, 14:01
#pumpedforthegame #movies #HFGoesDown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPfFX8Ph4-k&feature=related

...err, servers.

onefatsurfer
01-19-2012, 14:15
I know it might be wrong, but I'm in love with Stacy's mom

Wingman77
01-19-2012, 14:18
I know it might be wrong, but I'm in love with Stacy's mom

She was bangin Jaret Stoll for a while

Getzo5
01-19-2012, 14:22
Who the hell is Stacy`s mom?

Also, the new Porsche Boxster looks like a hybrid of 918 and Toyota MR2. I dig it.

Wingman77
01-19-2012, 14:25
Who the hell is Stacy`s mom?

Also, the new Porsche Boxster looks like a hybrid of 918 and Toyota MR2. I dig it.

Is a song from 6-7 years ago in the US - Stacy's mom in the video is Rachel Hunter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLfasMPOU4&ob=av3e

Getzo5
01-19-2012, 14:54
Sooo, is OFS in love with seylar`s mom? I`d prefer Stiffler`s mom. :sarcasm: Or Katie Cassidy, she was bangin Jarret Stoll too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/ladislav-scurko-2004-nhl-draft-pick-playing-again-after-murder-charges?urn=nhl,wp20690

Getzo helping Puck Daddy #babysteps

Lord Ned Stark
01-19-2012, 15:06
interesting. no ref is gonna have the balls to call a penalty on him

Lord Ned Stark
01-19-2012, 15:07
My friends out west really know how to have fun.

some ice fishing?

daveskirtun
01-19-2012, 15:14
YOURE MY BOY BLUE.

youre my boy

JimEIV
01-19-2012, 15:21
some ice fishing?

Nope. They just tie the boat to the back of the truck and go real fast.

Just kidding, the river isn't frozen but they can't trailer the boat through the the snow. So they get it close then they use a snowmobile to get it to the bank and then launch.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
01-20-2012, 06:52
I think its funny that I still can't read Jim's posts on HF lol

Devilsfanatic
01-21-2012, 08:19
I always lol when people who thought they were hot **** in high school end up fat.

Getzo5
01-21-2012, 08:31
I`m watching every episode of Inside the NBA now that Shaq joined the TNT crew. Love it.

daveskirtun
01-21-2012, 08:39
I always lol when people who thought they were hot **** in high school end up fat.

And I love when the exact opposite happens.

Dr. Doom
01-21-2012, 09:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3hBYTkI-sE

Devilsfanatic
01-21-2012, 13:26
Sorry buddy, gotta veto that one.

Wingman77
01-21-2012, 13:30
Gee and this is supposed to be better than HF? :sarcasm:

No big deal completely understood......as long as you enjoyed it

Devilsfanatic
01-21-2012, 13:33
Well, there's no Trottier here, so it is better :sarcasm:

Wingman77
01-21-2012, 13:36
Well, there's no Trottier here, so it is better :sarcasm:

I don't have a beef with the guy, but I just backed out of HF for the next few hours because he's in a novel length conversation with somebody lol

Devilsfanatic
01-21-2012, 13:38
I don't have a beef with the guy, but I just backed out of HF for the next few hours because he's in a novel length conversation with somebody lol

He's just got that "don't be a quitter" schtick. which is funny because it's what he did.

Tao Jones
01-21-2012, 13:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN4PfI8bdhc

JimEIV
01-21-2012, 13:59
I'm glad I went hunting today.

vonbonds
01-21-2012, 14:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3hBYTkI-sE

Bill Withers is the man! Great song.

Dr. Doom
01-21-2012, 14:05
Gee and this is supposed to be better than HF? :sarcasm:

No big deal completely understood......as long as you enjoyed it
was it bewbs?

jkrdevil
01-21-2012, 14:14
Is a song from 6-7 years ago in the US - Stacy's mom in the video is Rachel Hunter

Right after the song came out that song would get stuck in my head whenever I would pass Fountains of Wayne on 46. And yes I know the band is named after the store.

Devilsfanatic
01-21-2012, 14:16
Some guy on twitter just called me a camel jockey. hahaha. They say Briere got the concussion from Elias punching him in the face. I said Briere had it coming, not the injury, the punches because of his agitating ways. So a whole bunch of ****** Flyer fans jumped all over me. I just responded with a Lindros on the ice picture.

Wingman77
01-21-2012, 14:55
was it bewbs?

Nah was a chick with a huge *** in a tight thong

It really did not belong here.....only DF and I will have had the pleasure of viewing it :laugh:

Right after the song came out that song would get stuck in my head whenever I would pass Fountains of Wayne on 46. And yes I know the band is named after the store.

haha I'm sure you are not the only one.....they were contemplaying a few different store names I believe or something like that and came up with FOW

Getzo5
01-21-2012, 15:04
http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/screenshots/128735d1261752154-animated-gif-thread-grifa_a.gif

JimEIV
01-21-2012, 20:53
Nothing like being in the woods after a fresh snow fall. I must have walked 10 miles today. I knew I couldn't even draw back my bow because of my shoulder but it didn't matter.

I was in the woods before sunrise. In the winter the woods are much different. There is a strange stillness in the winter that doesn't exist in the other 3 seasons and after a snow it is even more quiet and still. When the day breaks the birds are the first to wake but in the winter they seem to respect the silence and hardly make a sound. I sat at the base of a big cedar the first hour of the morning facing the East to watch the sun come up. I watched a redtail hawk land in a tree less than 10 yards from me with a mouse, maybe a mole in his talons. He made short work of it and ate it in less than 2 minutes.

I sat another 20 or so minutes before I started to walk when I heard that distinct cry of coyote. Coyote's talk to each other through yelps and cries and I recognized this sound, I have heard it before when coyotes are on the hunt. I decided to walk toward the sound that was coming out of an overgrown creek bed. I only walked about 100 yards and I saw the first fresh coyote tracks...coyote tracks look no different than regular ol house dog and it really is impossible to tell the difference but this was obvious.

Another 100 yards over a small hill I could see bright red stain in the snow. I walked down to the blood and I can see a set of deer tracks and a small clump of deer hair in the middle of the blood stain that was about the size of a tea plate. I can see the deer tracks along with coyote tracks heading upstream along the creek. As I followed the tracks I saw small specks of spraying blood. You can tell the blood is spraying and not dripping in the snow because the blood rolls across the snow and becomes completely covered in snow. I could also see that there was more than 1 set of coyote tracks because one set was a lot larger than the other.

I followed the tracks along the brook for a solid mile until I found the kill site. It looked like there was a huge struggle. There were tracks and blood stained snow in a giant circle about 20 yards in diameter. There was large chunks of hair every where and the carcass was lying about 30 yards in front of me. I walked to see yearling doe had been injured. Perhaps hit by a car or some other mishap. The back right leg had been broken, had turned black and begun to decay. The coyotes left almost no meat beyond the head, legs and shoulders. It had to have been a large pack because this was extremely fresh, the steam was still coming from the carcass...but there was almost no meat left. I estimate it took these coyotes less than 30 minutes to pick these bones completely clean...

Life is harsh.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-21-2012, 21:43

Sorta odd, my sister was playing that all day today.

Devilsfanatic
01-22-2012, 01:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wpmowqN_Vn4

Ballin'

Tao Jones
01-22-2012, 08:18
Good job on the pbp.

Devilsfanatic
01-22-2012, 08:34
Thanks. First time it's been on YouTube. First time I've listened to myself lol.

Tao Jones
01-22-2012, 09:05
You are able to call the play as it's happening, instead relying on replay like the colors and some pbpers.

Do you have access to replay during the game?

It seems like you beat the camera crew on the knee to the head call.

Devilsfanatic
01-22-2012, 09:51
You are able to call the play as it's happening, instead relying on replay like the colors and some pbpers.

Do you have access to replay during the game?

It seems like you beat the camera crew on the knee to the head call.

Nope, no replays. It's a radio broadcast, but, they were filming it yesterday through a videographer, and he was like, lets get you mic'd up so that they can hear the calls too during the highlights, so that's how I was able to get it. I was hooked up to that and had the radio head set.

daveskirtun
01-22-2012, 09:57
Much better than Cangialosi in my honest opinion.

vonbonds
01-22-2012, 10:13
Pretty good stuff, I enjoyed it! Does Tugnutt's son stink or was this an anomaly? He let in goals from all over the place.

Devilsfanatic
01-22-2012, 10:27
Pretty good stuff, I enjoyed it! Does Tugnutt's son stink or was this an anomaly? He let in goals from all over the place.

They left the kid out to dry. We just acquired him at the trade deadline, so it was his first game. I have no idea what he's bringing to the table, to be honest. Wasn't a great game for him, by any means. Tugger was there too, I didn't know until the end of the game, or he would have been my intermission guest.

He's not gonna be the starter for us, Slaats, the kid who came in, usually is.

vonbonds
01-22-2012, 10:36
They left the kid out to dry. We just acquired him at the trade deadline, so it was his first game. I have no idea what he's bringing to the table, to be honest. Wasn't a great game for him, by any means. Tugger was there too, I didn't know until the end of the game, or he would have been my intermission guest.

He's not gonna be the starter for us, Slaats, the kid who came in, usually is.

When is the team you do PBP for going to get a new GM? Yikes, I just read about the history of the league on Wikipedia then checked out Lambton Shores. Maybe we can trade Foster for Tugnutt's kid? :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
01-22-2012, 10:45
When is the team you do PBP for going to get a new GM? Yikes, I just read about the history of the league on Wikipedia then checked out Lambton Shores. Maybe we can trade Foster for Tugnutt's kid? :laugh:

Tugnutt's kid is on St. Thomas, that's who I work for :) we were division champions last year, made it to Jr. B's equivalent of the MEM cup. Lambton-Shores is historically weak, but their GM told me that next year, they think they're built well for.

Tao Jones
01-22-2012, 11:35
Nope, no replays. It's a radio broadcast, but, they were filming it yesterday through a videographer, and he was like, lets get you mic'd up so that they can hear the calls too during the highlights, so that's how I was able to get it. I was hooked up to that and had the radio head set.

Wow, impressive.

Did I say good job?

Great job.

Your broadcasting future sounds bright.

Devilsfanatic
01-22-2012, 11:43
Wow, impressive.

Did I say good job?

Great job.

Your broadcasting future sounds bright.

You did, and again, I thank you :) I hope it takes off, but you just never know haha.

Dr. Doom
01-22-2012, 11:43
DF, good job on the PBP. I'd rather listen to you than Cango :laugh:

Also, have you seen the new Game of Thrones videos on GRRM's site?

Devilsfanatic
01-22-2012, 11:50
DF, good job on the PBP. I'd rather listen to you than Cango :laugh:

Also, have you seen the new Game of Thrones videos on GRRM's site?

Thanks! And no, not yet. I did read the Theon chapter he had from Winds of Winter.

onefatsurfer
01-23-2012, 05:27
Nothing like being in the woods after a fresh snow fall. I must have walked 10 miles today. I knew I couldn't even draw back my bow because of my shoulder but it didn't matter.

I was in the woods before sunrise. In the winter the woods are much different. There is a strange stillness in the winter that doesn't exist in the other 3 seasons and after a snow it is even more quiet and still. When the day breaks the birds are the first to wake but in the winter they seem to respect the silence and hardly make a sound. I sat at the base of a big cedar the first hour of the morning facing the East to watch the sun come up. I watched a redtail hawk land in a tree less than 10 yards from me with a mouse, maybe a mole in his talons. He made short work of it and ate it in less than 2 minutes.

I sat another 20 or so minutes before I started to walk when I heard that distinct cry of coyote. Coyote's talk to each other through yelps and cries and I recognized this sound, I have heard it before when coyotes are on the hunt. I decided to walk toward the sound that was coming out of an overgrown creek bed. I only walked about 100 yards and I saw the first fresh coyote tracks...coyote tracks look no different than regular ol house dog and it really is impossible to tell the difference but this was obvious.

Another 100 yards over a small hill I could see bright red stain in the snow. I walked down to the blood and I can see a set of deer tracks and a small clump of deer hair in the middle of the blood stain that was about the size of a tea plate. I can see the deer tracks along with coyote tracks heading upstream along the creek. As I followed the tracks I saw small specks of spraying blood. You can tell the blood is spraying and not dripping in the snow because the blood rolls across the snow and becomes completely covered in snow. I could also see that there was more than 1 set of coyote tracks because one set was a lot larger than the other.

I followed the tracks along the brook for a solid mile until I found the kill site. It looked like there was a huge struggle. There were tracks and blood stained snow in a giant circle about 20 yards in diameter. There was large chunks of hair every where and the carcass was lying about 30 yards in front of me. I walked to see yearling doe had been injured. Perhaps hit by a car or some other mishap. The back right leg had been broken, had turned black and begun to decay. The coyotes left almost no meat beyond the head, legs and shoulders. It had to have been a large pack because this was extremely fresh, the steam was still coming from the carcass...but there was almost no meat left. I estimate it took these coyotes less than 30 minutes to pick these bones completely clean...

Life is harsh.

sounds like a really awesome morning

Dr. Doom
01-23-2012, 08:29
ofs, still no secret santa yet.

VaxjoDevil
01-23-2012, 12:38
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/407993_137039946415427_120783421374413_158604_1671 946896_n.jpg

onefatsurfer
01-23-2012, 12:44
the resident ranger fan mod had you. he said he shipped one gift, then shipped another gift for you. i pm'ed him again asking what the status is, and I have a feeling I'm going to get banned over there after i flip out on him.

onefatsurfer
01-23-2012, 12:47
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/407993_137039946415427_120783421374413_158604_1671 946896_n.jpg

he's actually looking at 2 girls 1 cup

Dr. Doom
01-23-2012, 12:47
the resident ranger fan mod had you. he said he shipped one gift, then shipped another gift for you. i pm'ed him again asking what the status is, and I have a feeling I'm going to get banned over there after i flip out on him.
sadly i was afraid he had me, mainly because it would have been nice to get some beer :laugh:

onefatsurfer
01-23-2012, 13:28
sadly i was afraid he had me, mainly because it would have been nice to get some beer :laugh:

apparently, the only shipping he could afford is 14-29 business days. (what the **** did he ship it by, carrier turtle???)

he said it's on it's way. sorry bud, gotta wait a couple weeks it looks like...

vonbonds
01-23-2012, 13:28

That young guy who goes by Zenith now? If so that is a shame, he seems like such a good young kid.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-23-2012, 14:09
I am completely miserable San Diego

Dr. Doom
01-23-2012, 14:55
apparently, the only shipping he could afford is 14-29 business days. (what the **** did he ship it by, carrier turtle???)

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. I sent mine to cj from vermont through the US post office and it got there in like 3 days. I was actually shocked how fast mine got to her. The only way I can see it taking that long is if he did free shipping from UPS or FedEx.

That young guy who goes by Zenith now? If so that is a shame, he seems like such a good young kid.
Yeah him. He is like 15 years old. I don't know why someone that young would do secret santa. It seems like it was a problem for him to get it done and if he wasn't sure he would be able to afford doing it I don't think he should have done it.

Devilsfanatic
01-23-2012, 15:03
Secret Santa.......you guys are losers. All of you. I'm ashamed to know you. I'm going to a different website now.

Dr. Doom
01-23-2012, 15:08
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/109989_o.gif

onefatsurfer
01-23-2012, 15:16
Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. I sent mine to cj from vermont through the US post office and it got there in like 3 days. I was actually shocked how fast mine got to her. The only way I can see it taking that long is if he did free shipping from UPS or FedEx.

Yeah him. He is like 15 years old. I don't know why someone that young would do secret santa. It seems like it was a problem for him to get it done and if he wasn't sure he would be able to afford doing it I don't think he should have done it.
I am fully aware of how ridiculous that sounds, but I've used media mail to ship things before and it literally takes a month. Maybe that's all he could afford? Either way, he complained to me about "being under a lot of stress", which, IMO, is a crock of ****. 15 year olds aren't under stress, ever. They don't even know what stress is.

VaxjoDevil
I see Tim Thomas is not exactly helping the NHL's market strategy to reach out to non-whites :laugh:

Uh, how hard is it to see the difference between respect for the office of POTUS and the guy being in it? Geez. Grow up.

onefatsurfer
Secret Santa.......you guys are losers. All of you. I'm ashamed to know you. I'm going to a different website now.

go **** yourself

Devilsfanatic
01-23-2012, 15:21
go **** yourself

Eat ****, **** break.

guyincognito
01-23-2012, 15:27

That's who's shipping

Devilsfanatic
01-23-2012, 15:27
I see Tim Thomas is not exactly helping the NHL's market strategy to reach out to non-whites :laugh:

Uh, how hard is it to see the difference between respect for the office of POTUS and the guy being in it? Geez. Grow up.

I always hated Tim Thomas for being white.

VaxjoDevil
01-23-2012, 15:31
I always hated Tim Thomas for being white.

Nah. He's just a Teabagger. Big Business, small-minded.

Devilsfanatic
01-23-2012, 15:36
and he's white.

I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.
This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.
Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.
This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT

There's his statement. I'm fine with it. If Bush was there, he wouldn't have gone either.

guyincognito
01-23-2012, 15:45
and he's white.

I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.
This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.
Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.
This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT

There's his statement. I'm fine with it. If Bush was there, he wouldn't have gone either.

If that's what he truly believes, good for him. Of course there's alot of people who have situational ethics when it comes to something like that. If someone else wins in November, alot of the batshitty stuff will melt right away. Watch. :laugh: Then you'll see who is for real.

Devilsfanatic
01-23-2012, 15:49
Well, lets say they win in 2013, and there's a Republican in Office and he goes, then I'll call him a racist. Until that time, I support TT.

JimEIV
01-23-2012, 16:05
Nah. He's just a Teabagger. Big Business, small-minded.

He is small minded yet you ironically describe him in that dismissive condescending manner.

Why is it the people that preach tolerance are always the least tolerant?

Devilsfanatic
01-23-2012, 16:09
No politics......wait. Continue.

VaxjoDevil
01-23-2012, 16:16
He is small minded yet you ironically describe him in that dismissive condescending manner.

Why is it the people that preach tolerance are always the least tolerant?

Did I preach tolerance?

JimEIV
01-23-2012, 16:21
Did I preach tolerance?

Isn't the opposite of small-minded, open minded? And doesn't open-mindedness imply tolerance?

VaxjoDevil
01-23-2012, 16:33
Isn't the opposite of small-minded, open minded? And doesn't open-mindedness imply tolerance?

First of all, as you know, the Big Business small-minded thing was a pun, so not to be taken too seriously.

But yeah, I consider Teabaggers small-minded, and actually, I take back the Big Business part. They are not. But, if you don't think they are small-minded, then I'm ok with that. If you think I'm small-minded, that's fine too.

But you have no idea of the non-respectful sh*t liberals take in this country. Especially with a black president. There are subliminal racist messages all over the place, but of course, "liberals" can't say that without being jumped at. So, I just said **** it and stopped being overly respectful a long time ago. The other side doesn't really want to hear that Bush ran a 5 trillion debt, and Obama a 1 trillion. They don't want to hear that government employee numbers shrank during Obama while it expanded during Bush. They don't want to hear facts. They want to hear Newt say that he's a leftist radical. So, why should I stand there like a dumb **** and being a nice guy?

Devilsfanatic
01-23-2012, 16:47
Don't know if it's fair to point this out, but Tim Thomas has three children named Kiley, Kelsey and Keegan.

:laugh: oh Dave Hodge

VaxjoDevil
01-23-2012, 16:53
Btw Jim, how's the shoulder?

JimEIV
01-23-2012, 17:06
You are very misguided. Specifically your debt numbers...I'm managing a project right now for our ugly big business Government Affairs office and I have the debt numbers from OMB (Office Management and Budg) and Obama has spent more money in less than 1 term than Bush did in two.

On the disrespectful thing the feverish pitch that has been coming out of the left has never been higher ...and I'm not talking about some yahoo's or political pundits, I'm talking about the elected officials themselves. I'm talking about Harry Reed and I don't like Republicans, or Obama Republicans have to get to the back of the bus and the numerous wacky things that Nancy Pelosi says everyday . I won't even count the Hollywood left or some insignificant hack like Keith Olbermann, their level of disrespect reaches almost comical proportions.

JimEIV
01-23-2012, 17:07
Btw Jim, how's the shoulder?

Not so good. I'm going to have to have surgery I think.

Dr. Doom
01-23-2012, 17:18
I've never had major surgery and it scares the crap out of me. I want to eventually have surgery on my nose so I can breathe normally but I'm too afraid of loosing my sense of taste and smell.

JimEIV
01-23-2012, 17:28
When Bush took office the National Debt was 5.76 trillion, when he left office it was 10.62

Today the Debt is 14.072 trillion.

Bush total was an additional 4.86 trillion to the debt IN 8 YEARS.

Obama has added 3.5 trillion in 3 years.

JimEIV
01-23-2012, 17:31
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20095704-503544.html

Dr. Doom
01-23-2012, 17:31
It's the whole system, no just one person. I personally think the whole system is a mess, but I'm not a poli sci expert.

VaxjoDevil
01-23-2012, 17:39
I had surgery after a car accident, they had to cut out 30 cm of intestines that were destroyed by the seat belt. There is a huge muscle group that they cut off like a loaf of bread to get into the stomach. That's the one you use when taking a dump. I cannot describe the pain in that muscle when doing that, lol.

Not misguided, Jim. Adding to the deficit in means of policies, such as the wars and tax cuts. I won't hold war costs against any president. But take away the war and tax cuts, and they are pretty even.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2011/07/25/Blogs/ezra-klein/StandingArt/debt%20changes%20under%20bush%20obama.jpg?uuid=qZC izrbZEeCYzBMQCYwsyQ

VaxjoDevil
01-23-2012, 17:43
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20095704-503544.html

Problem with this is that this debt is in large part because of lost revenue in nasty times. You get less taxes and pay more to help people losing jobs. It's not showing that Bush ran up a deficit during much better times, which is crucial here.

Policy costs are more honest indicators.

JimEIV
01-23-2012, 17:47
Total cost of new policies? What the hell does that even mean??? Obama is going to accumulate more debt in 4 years than Bush did in 8 .
That is the fact of the matter.

VaxjoDevil
01-23-2012, 17:47
I don't give much at all for the Democrats in Congress. None of them.

I respect two politicians: Obama and Christie.

Dr. Doom
01-23-2012, 17:49
I don't respect any politicians. They don't do what their job is, which is to represent the public and make decisions that are best for the country. There is too much lobbyism.

VaxjoDevil
01-23-2012, 17:51
Total cost of new policies? What the hell does that even mean??? Obama is going to accumulate more debt in 4 years than Bush did in 8 .
That is the fact of the matter.

It means total cost of new policies. Like, if you make a new drug prescription law, costly as hell. You don't put that into Obama's column. Makes perfect sense in how you ADD to the deficit. And Bush added more. In better times.

JimEIV
01-23-2012, 17:58
If anything it makes Obama look worse.

Bush fought two wars over 8 years and spent 4.85 t. Obama is actually going to out spend that in 4 years with rising unemployment, a larger level of poverty since the great depression and confidence at an all time low.

By the numbers this one of the most failed presidencies in the last 100 years...Right up there with Jimmy Carter and Herbert Hoover.

VaxjoDevil
01-23-2012, 18:13
If anything it makes Obama look worse.

Bush fought two wars over 8 years and spent 4.85 t. Obama is actually going to out spend that in 4 years with rising unemployment, a larger level of poverty since the great depression and confidence at an all time low.

By the numbers this one of the most failed presidencies in the last 100 years...Right up there with Jimmy Carter and Herbert Hoover.

Again, debt and spending are not the same thing. We can discuss nothing if that is not included.

JimEIV
01-23-2012, 18:15
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/may/19/nancy-pelosi/nancy-pelosi-posts-questionable-chart-debt-accumul/

guyincognito
01-23-2012, 18:16
And the next guy is going to increase the debt by as much if not more in 2 years afterwards, or we're going to be living in the stone age. That's what happens when you're in a debt spiral (man I've said that like 20 times in the last hour.).

Even if you break even year to year, your debt cost will still increase greatly. No idea what the yearly cost of servicing the debt is, but to truly break even, you would have to PROFIT by that number.

VaxjoDevil
01-23-2012, 18:24
And the next guy is going to increase the debt by as much if not more in 2 years afterwards, or we're going to be living in the stone age. That's what happens when you're in a debt spiral (man I've said that like 20 times in the last hour.).

Even if you break even year to year, your debt cost will still increase greatly. No idea what the yearly cost of servicing the debt is, but to truly break even, you would have to PROFIT by that number.

Yep. It's the cost-adding that is intellectually honest to count.

guyincognito
01-23-2012, 18:32
Yep. It's the cost-adding that is intellectually honest to count.

Well, the whole debt thing is silly because it can't be paid down anyway. And most people who want balanced budget 1) don't explain what happens if you do that at a point of weakness, and 2) would never mention my first sentence when they tell people about balanced budget.

the ugly truth is that you still will gain a ton of debt through balanced budget. kinda too late for that now. the only out is to hope our 30 cent dollar is worth more than everyone else's currency.

VaxjoDevil
01-23-2012, 18:40
Well, the whole debt thing is silly because it can't be paid down anyway. And most people who want balanced budget 1) don't explain what happens if you do that at a point of weakness, and 2) would never mention my first sentence when they tell people about balanced budget.

the ugly truth is that you still will gain a ton of debt through balanced budget. kinda too late for that now. the only out is to hope our 30 cent dollar is worth more than everyone else's currency.

The bold: so essential. Our streets would look like Vancouver's after game 7 if they started making the cuts needed.

The U.S. have been in a worse situation, right after WW2. But that was at a time when people actually were ready to make sacrifices, so there were BOTH higher taxes and less spending. Why that concept is so alien now is beyond me.

JimEIV
01-24-2012, 04:20
It cannot be paid down with a 3% growth rate. And the goal isnt really to have a 0 credit card balance, it never was.

The strategy post WW2 has basically been to out grow it's debt as a percentage of GDP...and it has basically worked for the past 60 years.

So why not tie spending directly to prior year growth? That should be the "baseline" in baseline budgeting.

selyar
01-24-2012, 07:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKUnw1U4Ngc

Devilsfanatic
01-24-2012, 07:31

ofs, hold on to this one.

You must die with a man's gun. Not a little sissy gun like this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frOOvF9koVI

Getzo5
01-24-2012, 12:46
Hey DF, could you please post here the signature Nemesis made for you?

Devilsfanatic
01-24-2012, 12:47
Hey DF, could you please post here the signature Nemesis made for you?

The remote file is too big. Otherwise, I would. It's a bad *** sig.

Getzo5
01-24-2012, 12:52
The remote file is too big. Otherwise, I would. It's a bad *** sig.Post the link then. :laugh: I know. I`d love to make a request in the future after I figure out which players I want in.

Devilsfanatic
01-24-2012, 12:59
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?u=16136&type=sigpic&dateline=1324184218

Getzo5
01-24-2012, 13:01
Gross. What players did you have in the previous one? I only remember Tedenby (ssh, don`t tell Jim, folks).

Y U No Devilsfanatic anymore? :sarcasm:

Devilsfanatic
01-24-2012, 13:05
Gross. What players did you have in the previous one? I only remember Tedenby (ssh, don`t tell Jim, folks).

Y U No Devilsfanatic anymore? :sarcasm:

Tedenby, Brandon Morrow, DeMar Derozan, Elvis Dumervile

I went old skool though.

And because I don't post on the Devils forum there, just on the Toronto boards and the page 2.

Getzo5
01-24-2012, 13:22
Broncos fan, eh?

Old skool is kool. So *is* Vince Carter. I don`t follow baseball so I`ll either go with soccer or with three windows only. Lame though.

Do you think he`d mind if I asked him for two right away? I expect your full support, just in case. haha

Devilsfanatic
01-24-2012, 13:24
Broncos fan, eh?

Old skool is kool. So *is* Vince Carter. I don`t follow baseball so I`ll either go with soccer or with three windows only. Lame though.

Do you think he`d mind if I asked him for two right away? I expect your full support, just in case. haha

I'd stick with one :laugh: you can go with soccer. Others have gone with soccer.

Getzo5
01-24-2012, 13:37
I'd stick with one :laugh: you can go with soccer. Others have gone with soccer.Yeah, probably not the best idea. :laugh: I think I will. I`m just not sure which way to go. Current favorite players (not my teams) x all-time favorite players (not my teams) x current favorite players (my teams) x all-time favorite players (my teams). Such a dilemma.

Daym, I want both. :( Dat sig has balls, more than a pair.

Devilsfanatic
01-24-2012, 13:40
I like the nostalgic better, because it's original, no one else has it :laugh:

Dr. Doom
01-24-2012, 13:44
what is this magic of you posting youtube while at work?

Getzo5
01-24-2012, 13:44
I like the nostalgic better, because it's original, no one else has it :laugh:And it`s timeless!