PDA

View Full Version : I Claim This Land For Spain - ILikeItVeryMuch (The Party & Bullshit Thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Devilsfanatic
01-24-2012, 13:53
And it`s timeless!

Exactly. Was very happy with it.

Dr. Doom
01-24-2012, 13:57
http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/internet-memes-i-dream-of-stds.png

vonbonds
01-24-2012, 14:18
http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/internet-memes-i-dream-of-stds.png

:laugh: awesome!

For the greatest place on earth it does have a rough life...:laugh:

Getzo5
01-24-2012, 14:41
Exactly. Was very happy with it.Should I send him some pics or is he going to take care of that himself?

Devilsfanatic
01-24-2012, 14:48
Should I send him some pics or is he going to take care of that himself?

He takes care of it himself. He hasn't let me down yet.

Getzo5
01-24-2012, 14:51
He takes care of it himself. He hasn't let me down yet.So he`s absolutely awesome then, those pics are perfect.

Devilsfanatic
01-24-2012, 14:55
So he`s absolutely awesome then, those pics are perfect.

Yeah, he's a good dude.

Best mod on HF. He PM messages me when he's annoyed with someone and stuff like that lol.

onefatsurfer
01-25-2012, 08:23
actually, i posted that YT :P

Devilsfanatic
01-25-2012, 08:27
actually, i posted that YT :P

Well, kudos to you.

Dr. Doom
01-25-2012, 11:40
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lycup23Aux1r4se8go1_500.jpg

JimEIV
01-25-2012, 13:23

Like *** much more.

onefatsurfer
01-25-2012, 14:17

very great.

Dr. Doom
01-25-2012, 14:38
Like *** much more.
I'm an *** man as well but you can't deny how great ***** are.

Hopefully tomorrow will be another successful encounter with racquetball girl.

Devilsfanatic
01-25-2012, 15:53
Logan Couture has been trying to call me but it comes up as an unknown number, so I didn't answer fml lol.

Getzo5
01-25-2012, 16:31
Logan Couture has been trying to call me but it comes up as an unknown number, so I didn't answer fml lol.For real? Why? lol

Vinnie
01-25-2012, 18:44
Just had my first haggis. Happy Robbie Burns Day!

Clarkson Falls Down
01-25-2012, 18:55
Logan Couture has been trying to call me but it comes up as an unknown number, so I didn't answer fml lol.

Lucky you.

Devilsfanatic
01-25-2012, 20:32
For real? Why? lol

For an interview. He used to play for the Stars in jr b. So I'm trying to get him on air. We'll hopefully have that set up. Then, tonight at the game I did, Cory Perry was there because his bro is an assistant coach for London. I asked him if he'd want to do an interview, but he said he was headed to OTT. So I asked him if he could do it later, he said to give our # to his brother, so I will next time I see AJ.

VaxjoDevil
01-26-2012, 07:59
I had three skating sessions yesterday, one pure skating, sticktime and hockeyclass. Slept 9 and a half hour after that. Some days being a musician with no time obligations is good. Just sleep until you don't feel like sleeping anymore. Work in the evening instead.

Getzo5
01-26-2012, 09:39
For an interview. He used to play for the Stars in jr b. So I'm trying to get him on air. We'll hopefully have that set up. Then, tonight at the game I did, Cory Perry was there because his bro is an assistant coach for London. I asked him if he'd want to do an interview, but he said he was headed to OTT. So I asked him if he could do it later, he said to give our # to his brother, so I will next time I see AJ.That`s awesome. Couture has already become one of my favorite players in the league. He`s a good kid, a Bills fan (lol, poor kid) and has all the tools to become a Selke nominee in the future. Should`ve had the Calder too. Get me an autographed rookie card and we`re even (Loui) :sarcasm:

I PMd Nemesis. No response yet, but I don`t expect any before he`s finished with it anyway.

Devilsfanatic
01-26-2012, 13:59
That`s awesome. Couture has already become one of my favorite players in the league. He`s a good kid, a Bills fan (lol, poor kid) and has all the tools to become a Selke nominee in the future. Should`ve had the Calder too. Get me an autographed rookie card and we`re even (Loui) :sarcasm:

I PMd Nemesis. No response yet, but I don`t expect any before he`s finished with it anyway.

Yeah, probably won't hear anything until he's done. I won't meet Couture though, he'll call into the station and we'll do it that way hah.

Dr. Doom
01-26-2012, 14:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2X2AhATU_8&feature=related

Getzo5
01-26-2012, 14:15
Yeah, probably won't hear anything until he's done. I won't meet Couture though, he'll call into the station and we'll do it that way hah.You won`t?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqWuUsIleuM&feature=related

At least tell him that he has a huge supporter in central Europe. He can follow me on twitter too. :sarcasm:

guyincognito
01-26-2012, 17:00
Here's one for the FML column. I forgot I had a STH event left. I picked the "Hockey 101" with Doc and Chico because I thought it'd be cool to do a Q&A type thing with Doc. Well, they sent out an email today and the event has been changed to "Hockey 101" with Steve and Chico. :laugh:

Yeah, not too much incentive to attend that one unless it's before a game and I'm getting fed.

vonbonds
01-26-2012, 17:15
Man, no love for Steve. It is really hard following Doc. He isn't bad...he just isn't Doc.

guyincognito
01-26-2012, 17:18
Man, no love for Steve. It is really hard following Doc. He isn't bad...he just isn't Doc.

Doc knows everything. He's perfect for that kind of event. What is Steve going to tell me that I don't already know? lol. And it's a team sponsored event so you're not getting "off the record" Chico. I had forgotten about it because they sent the invoices out like a year ago.

Dr. Doom
01-26-2012, 17:18
He's pretty bad...

Zajac's Bowl Cut
01-26-2012, 17:53
I'm going to come out and say it

Boring Trap sucks

Devilsfanatic
01-26-2012, 17:56

Boring Trap sucks

He's a closet Ranger fan.

guyincognito
01-26-2012, 18:15
He's a closet Ranger fan.

He's a closet alot of things

Devilsfanatic
01-26-2012, 18:19
He's a closet alot of things

hahaha, you mean homo.

VaxjoDevil
01-27-2012, 05:02
NYC is full of insanely attractive asian women. Oh man.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
01-27-2012, 05:50
asians don't do it for me

never have

VaxjoDevil
01-27-2012, 07:09
You have no idea what you are missing out.

That said, same with blondes for me. Very few attract me.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
01-27-2012, 07:35
I'm the opposite lol I love blondes

I just like American looking girls in general. I know that sounds awful/racist but foreign women have never really been attractive to me really

though I wouldn't mind a nice Swedish babe :cool:

daveskirtun
01-27-2012, 07:36
I have never needed a weekend to start as much as this one.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-27-2012, 08:20

Boring Trap sucks

LOL took the words out of my mouth. Just the way he posts irks me, like he asks way too many questions.

Devilsfanatic
01-27-2012, 08:27
Still not as irritating as the Saugus posting style.

Poster 1: The Devils really need Zajac to come back, and soon, I mean, the guy is very pivotal to our drive for the playoffs. The fact he's not skating, it's worrisome.

Saugus: I agree. The fact that he's not skating, it's worrisome. The Devils really need Zajac to come back, and soon, I mean, the guy is very pivotal to our drive for the playoffs.

I never noticed it before until that Puerto Rican Jap called him out on it, and then Das Uber said the same thing.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-27-2012, 08:31
LOL, then I think he's a closet racist too, because he always seems to be taking small underlying shots at black people.

Especially in that football thread, which has turned into a complete wasteland. RG had the great point to say that the Giants had a good running game because he had Ahmad Bradshaw on his fantasy team and he finished second. Well I had both Bradshaw and Jacobs and I finished last. :biglaugh:

Getzo5
01-27-2012, 08:33
Still not as irritating as the Saugus posting style.

Poster 1: The Devils really need Zajac to come back, and soon, I mean, the guy is very pivotal to our drive for the playoffs. The fact he's not skating, it's worrisome.

Saugus: I agree. The fact that he's not skating, it's worrisome. The Devils really need Zajac to come back, and soon, I mean, the guy is very pivotal to our drive for the playoffs.

I never noticed it before until that Puerto Rican Jap called him out on it, and then Das Uber said the same thing.You should pay attention more. :sarcasm: I kind of miss Semak. One thing I hate about Saugus is that he never gets his hands dirty if you know what I mean. If there`s a serious argument, he comments on some BS rather than gets involved. And Korean (BoringTrap) is really annoying. What happend to DU? I understand why he left HF, but still.

Getzo5
01-27-2012, 08:36
Doesn`t matter if she`s blonde, brunette, redhead, asian, latin, slavic or african-american if she`s beautiful and not completely stupid... though I like blondes the most.

vonbonds
01-27-2012, 08:42
Saugus is always in pure spam mode. He only posts to increment his post count upward. I haven't seen anything of value posted by him outside of the TaN where he just talks like a regular person.

Devilsfanatic
01-27-2012, 08:44
LOL, then I think he's a closet racist too, because he always seems to be taking small underlying shots at black people.

Especially in that football thread, which has turned into a complete wasteland. RG had the great point to say that the Giants had a good running game because he had Ahmad Bradshaw on his fantasy team and he finished second. Well I had both Bradshaw and Jacobs and I finished last. :biglaugh:

He loves white girls, so he's even a self loather. I said what about Indian girls, and he said not interested LMFAO. I mean, who doesn't like their own kind? I love Indian women. I met so many beautiful ones this time around that I was like, yep, need to get back here, where I like it. Then he used to go on and on about his ex gf and how she broke up with him. He thought she was the most beautiful girl in the world, and then I met her, and, well.......lets just leave it there.

You should pay attention more. :sarcasm: I kind of miss Semak. One thing I hate about Saugus is that he never gets his hands dirty if you know what I mean. If there`s a serious argument, he comments on some BS rather than gets involved. And Korean (BoringTrap) is really annoying. What happend to DU? I understand why he left HF, but still.

DU left for the same reasons I did, though, he doesn't post here that much either? And no, Saugus doesn't, he wants to be loved by the entire board. Well, when every other post is yours on the boards, eventually, every one is going to get tired of you. Especially when your thoughts are hardly ever original. I have 60K plus, but I've been there since 04, and that's what people don't realize. I have 21 ppd over there. He has a whopping 70+ ppd :laugh: I mean, he says he has a job, but, really? When I'm immersed in work, I hardly ever have any time to post anywhere. I know from well placed sources that he wants to be a mod over there so bad. He asks ALL the time, and they keep making excuses lol.

Saugus is always in pure spam mode. He only posts to increment his post count upward. I haven't seen anything of value posted by him outside of the TaN where he just talks like a regular person.

He basically posts like this:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2624/4030221423_6b7e6c8386.jpg

Post 1: I had Moe's for lunch.

Saugus: Moe's is delicious.

Seriously, I wish there was a way to go back and count how many of his 70K+ posts is "Moe's is delicious"

vonbonds
01-27-2012, 08:44
Doesn`t matter if she`s blonde, brunette, redhead, asian, latin, slavic or african-american if she`s beautiful and not completely stupid... though I like blondes the most.

I have always been partial to gingers (redheads). I only dated one natural redhead and she was everything I thought she would be...amazing..LOL. I married a brunette though, c'est la vie.

vonbonds
01-27-2012, 08:47
He loves white girls, so he's even a self loather. I said what about Indian girls, and he said not interested LMFAO. I mean, who doesn't like their own kind? I love Indian women. I met so many beautiful ones this time around that I was like, yep, need to get back here, where I like it. Then he used to go on and on about his ex gf and how she broke up with him. He thought she was the most beautiful girl in the world, and then I met her, and, well.......lets just leave it there.

DU left for the same reasons I did, though, he doesn't post here that much either? And no, Saugus doesn't, he wants to be loved by the entire board. Well, when every other post is yours on the boards, eventually, every one is going to get tired of you. Especially when your thoughts are hardly ever original. I have 60K plus, but I've been there since 04, and that's what people don't realize. I have 21 ppd over there. He has a whopping 70+ ppd :laugh: I mean, he says he has a job, but, really? When I'm immersed in work, I hardly ever have any time to post anywhere. I know from well placed sources that he wants to be a mod over there so bad. He asks ALL the time, and they keep making excuses lol.

He basically posts like this:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2624/4030221423_6b7e6c8386.jpg

Post 1: I had Moe's for lunch.

Saugus: Moe's is delicious.

Seriously, I wish there was a way to go back and count how many of his 70K+ posts is "Moe's is delicious"

Why not make him a mod? That place would have 24/7 coverage in him alone on all of the boards simultaneously! :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
01-27-2012, 08:48
Why not make him a mod? That place would have 24/7 coverage in him alone on all of the boards simultaneously! :laugh:

They don't really like him as a poster. Don't get me wrong, I've met Saugus, as a person, he's a very nice guy. No complaints at all. As a poster, well, he's a computer.

vonbonds
01-27-2012, 09:01
So what are everyones plans for the weekend? I am probably staying home just hanging out with the family hopefully working on some fun meals together. I have never been more boring in my life since having a kid and I haven't been happier either. Funny how that works!

Devilsfanatic
01-27-2012, 09:03
I actually have no idea. Just live each day like it's shark week.

Dr. Doom
01-27-2012, 09:05
So what are everyones plans for the weekend? I am probably staying home just hanging out with the family hopefully working on some fun meals together. I have never been more boring in my life since having a kid and I haven't been happier either. Funny how that works!
I was going to go snowboarding today, but when I woke up it was raining so I decided to just get some sleep and save money on gas. I don't have any classes today so I'm going to try to get some work done and then go out tonight and hope to have a successful interaction with a women :laugh: Nothing really planned for the weekend besides school work and drinking, but that is pretty much every week as a college student.

Getzo5
01-27-2012, 09:07
DU left for the same reasons I did, though, he doesn't post here that much either? And no, Saugus doesn't, he wants to be loved by the entire board. Well, when every other post is yours on the boards, eventually, every one is going to get tired of you. Especially when your thoughts are hardly ever original. I have 60K plus, but I've been there since 04, and that's what people don't realize. I have 21 ppd over there. He has a whopping 70+ ppd :laugh: I mean, he says he has a job, but, really? When I'm immersed in work, I hardly ever have any time to post anywhere. I know from well placed sources that he wants to be a mod over there so bad. He asks ALL the time, and they keep making excuses lol.Well, I have a lot of posts myself, but that`s because I talk too much and post new stuff often. lol

I should probably stop posting during the games though. And agreed, I sometimes don`t know what his goal is. Does he really have to comment on everything? It`s mindboggling. Whatever, give him that mod position, he seems harmless.

VaxjoDevil
01-27-2012, 09:11

You do have a point. But the asian girls in New York. I just had a few days of going out for a couple of evenings in Manhattan, and damn...I was a bit dizzy driving home both nights.

Getzo5
01-27-2012, 09:14
You do have a point. But the asian girls in New York. I just had a few days of going out for a couple of evenings in Manhattan, and damn...I was a bit dizzy driving home both nights.5 mil hits, guess why...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6PhFXTEihk&feature=relmfu

No, it`s not because of the fucking house music. rofl

Devilsfanatic
01-27-2012, 09:21
Well, I have a lot of posts myself, but that`s because I talk too much and post new stuff often. lol

I should probably stop posting during the games though. And agreed, I sometimes don`t know what his goal is. Does he really have to comment on everything? It`s mindboggling. Whatever, give him that mod position, he seems harmless.

If you have an original thought, sure, go for it. I mean, you do. But like I said, he'll just say the exact same thing you said, but re-arrange the way you said it so it looks new, but really, it's the same thing. I can understand if every thing he posted was an original thought, hell, even 75%, but 75% of it is something he just heard and regurgitated it.

VaxjoDevil
01-27-2012, 09:22
I'm gonna watch the ladies free skate at the Nationals, NBC on Saturday I think.

Dr. Doom
01-27-2012, 09:24
I don't have any preferences in terms of women. They can all be hot in different ways. I guess I would have a certain type, but it doesn't mean that that I don't find other types just as attractive.

Getzo5
01-27-2012, 09:26
Also hot>cute for me, but there are exceptions. Cute also usually have better personality.

If you have an original thought, sure, go for it. I mean, you do. But like I said, he'll just say the exact same thing you said, but re-arrange the way you said it so it looks new, but really, it's the same thing. I can understand if every thing he posted was an original thought, hell, even 75%, but 75% of it is something he just heard and regurgitated it.Yep, I know. I noticed right away. Doesn`t bother me as much. Actually, I don`t really care. But sometimes it gets tiresome, that`s true.

Devilsfanatic
01-27-2012, 09:28
It's just irritating to try and read something and have basically a Saugus commercial in between. I pay for sponsorship to have the ads taken away.

Getzo5
01-27-2012, 09:32
It's just irritating to try and read something and have basically a Saugus commercial in between. I pay for sponsorship to have the ads taken away. :laugh:

Abo nailed it in News around the league thread, check it out. lol

Dr. Doom
01-27-2012, 10:36
I just reread the "Broken Men" passage by Septon Maribald, pretty intense.

vonbonds
01-27-2012, 10:40
:laugh:

Abo nailed it in News around the league thread, check it out. lol

I don't see it.

Getzo5
01-27-2012, 11:11
I don't see it.Classic Ranger talk by cj & Tony vs ILIVM (not really). Page 10 and following.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1088719&page=10

Now check out the last two pages. Cj`s driving me nuts again. :scared:

Devilsfanatic
01-27-2012, 11:45
Really? You've been to every arena? Really? Are you sure? Have you told anyone this before, or is it new? Also, you're married to a Rangers fan named Tony? You don't say. No, you've NEVER mentioned that before.

Good god.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
01-27-2012, 11:47
I sat next to her at the game on Saturday against Philly lol

Getzo5
01-27-2012, 12:03
I`m sure I`m ingore-listed by now or in... 7....6...5....4....3...

Clarkson Falls Down
01-27-2012, 12:03
LOL this is great reading material.

onefatsurfer
01-27-2012, 12:04
2 more hoursssssssssssssssssss

and yes, i concur. excellent reading material

Getzo5
01-27-2012, 12:07
LOL this is great reading material.See? And DF wants me to stop posting it on here. Let`s send him a message!

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkrbp07TbC1qcvehpo1_500.gif

Devilsfanatic
01-27-2012, 12:07
I sat next to her at the game on Saturday against Philly lol

She reads this board. She said not to talk about her on here. So, naturally, I'll do it some more.

What conversations came up? How she's married to a Rangers fan? Or how she's been to every arena? OR, how many people she has on her ignore list? These three topics, she loves.

DEVILS ARMY!

:laugh:

Clarkson Falls Down
01-27-2012, 12:13
I was rolling over reading ILVM describe that fat Ranger fan in the NYT article.

Devilsfanatic
01-27-2012, 12:14
I was rolling over reading ILVM describe that fat Ranger fan in the NYT article.

I don't know why he bothers there still. He should be posting here.

Dr. Doom
01-27-2012, 12:21
This is going to be a little long winded but if you have time to read it you will enjoy it, even out of context:

"Ser? My lady?" said Podrick. "Is a broken man an outlaw?"

"More or less," Brienne answered.

Septon Meribald disagreed. "More less than more. There are many sorts of outlaws, just as there are many sorts of birds. A sandpiper and a sea eagle both have wings, but they are not the same. The singers love to sing of good men forced to go outside the law to fight some wicked lord, but most outlaws are more like this ravening Hound than they are the lightning lord. They are evil men, driven by greed, soured by malice, despising the gods and caring only for themselves. Broken men are more deserving of our pity, though they may be just as dangerous. Almost all are common-born, simple folk who had never been more than a mile from the house where they were born until the day some lord came around to take them off to war. Poorly shod and poorly clad, they march away beneath his banners, ofttimes with no better arms than a sickle or a sharpened hoe, or a maul they made themselves by lashing a stone to a stick with strips of hide. Brothers march with brothers, sons with fathers, friends with friends. They've heard the songs and stories, so they go off with eager hearts, dreaming of the wonders they will see, of the wealth and glory they will win. War seems a fine adventure, they greatest most of them will ever know.

Then they get a taste of battle.

For some, that one taste is enough to break them. Others go on for years, until they lose count of all the battles they have fought in, but even a man who has survived a hundred fights can break in his hundred-and-first. Brothers watch their brothers die, fathers lose their sons, friends see their friends trying to hold their entrails in after they've been gutted by an axe.

They see the lord who led them there cut down, and some other lord shouts that they are his now. They take a wound, and when that's still half-healed they take another. There is never enough to eat, their shoes fall to pieces from the marching, their clothes are torn and rotting, and half of them are shitting in their breeches from drinking bad water.

If they want new boots or a warmer cloak or maybe a rusted iron halfhelm, they need to take them from a corpse, and before long they are stealing from the living too, from the smallfolk whose lands they're fighting in, men very like the men they used to be. They slaughter their sheep and steal their chickens, and from there it's just a short step to carrying off their daughters too. And one day they look around and realize all their friends and kin are gone, that they are fighting beside strangers beneath a banner that they hardly recognize. They don't know where they are or how to get back home and the lord they're fighting for does not know their names, yet here he comes, shouting for them to form up, to make a line with their spears and scythes and sharpened hoes, to stand their ground. And the knights come down on them, faceless men clad all in steel, and the iron thunder of their charge seems to fill the world...

And the man breaks.

He turns and runs, or crawls off afterward over the corpses of the slain, or steals away in the black of night, and he finds someplace to hide. All thought of home is gone by then, and kings and lords and gods mean less to him than a haunch of spoiled meat that will let him live another day, or a skin of bad wine that might drown his fear for a few hours. The broken man lives from day to day, from meal to meal, more beast than man. Lady Brienne is not wrong. In times like these, the traveler must beware of the broken men, and fear them...but he should pity them as well."

As you see I have a little time on my hands :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
01-27-2012, 12:22
That's too jumbled. Separate it and try again.

Dr. Doom
01-27-2012, 12:28
That's too jumbled. Separate it and try again.
:( I'll try. It is tough when you can't tab over.

Edit: Better?

Devilsfanatic
01-27-2012, 12:35
Much. I wish Pod didn't die. He was a good boy. Even if he was from the Ilyn crowd.

Dr. Doom
01-27-2012, 12:48
Much. I wish Pod didn't die. He was a good boy. Even if he was from the Ilyn crowd.
valar morghulis

The first time I read that I thought it was a great speech, but I don't think it really sunk in how amazing it truly is until I reread it.

Devilsfanatic
01-27-2012, 12:55
He really needs to give me Winds of Winter.

Dr. Doom
01-27-2012, 12:59
He really needs to give me Winds of Winter.
Yeah...that won't be for a while haha. I just hope he keeps putting out some sample chapters. I've been reading/posting on westeros lately to fill my addiction.

Devilsfanatic
01-27-2012, 13:01
I'm hoping by 2013 he has Winds out. But, I still think he dies before finishing.

Dr. Doom
01-27-2012, 13:08
I'm hoping by 2013 he has Winds out. But, I still think he dies before finishing.
It is one of my biggest worries. I would be extremely happy if it is done by 2013. I'm not sure if I'm going to reread the first 5 before the 6th comes out. I really want to read the Dunk and Egg stories, but it seems like it is hard to get copies of them.

Devilsfanatic
01-27-2012, 13:09
I'm already re-reading the first five because I have nothing else to do lol.

Dr. Doom
01-27-2012, 13:13
I'm already re-reading the first five because I have nothing else to do lol.
You should read the Dunk and Egg tales if you can get your hands on them. All I've seen online are ones that are really expensive since they are first edition copies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Dunk_and_Egg

Dr. Doom
01-27-2012, 14:17
Jim, have you ever seen the Montana episode of Anthony Bourdain No Reservations?

guyincognito
01-27-2012, 14:27
Fuzzy IS a scumbag and he was one before I started posting on HF so it's not that. :laugh: That was also before the Rock was built, so the Rangers fans that showed up were considerably older, not as douchy and much more sober, so I don't have as bad an impression as I do now. The dude stood out.

Tao Jones
01-27-2012, 14:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8P4GnzZX9c

Devilsfanatic
01-27-2012, 14:46
Fuzzy IS a scumbag and he was one before I started posting on HF so it's not that. :laugh: That was also before the Rock was built, so the Rangers fans that showed up were considerably older, not as douchy and much more sober, so I don't have as bad an impression as I do now. The dude stood out.

So, he's a Rangers fan who goes to Devils games because..............?

vonbonds
01-27-2012, 14:56
http://vimeo.com/31202906

guyincognito
01-27-2012, 15:01
So, he's a Rangers fan who goes to Devils games because..............?

because just like someone who constantly calls in on sports radio shows, you can't get attention if you're not there.

guyincognito
01-27-2012, 15:03
There was another one that made Fuzzy seem like high society, though. Old dude with long hair who used to have seasons at the Rock. He'd basically show up to root for the other team. I think something was wrong with him, he'd wear sweats and the sweats would constantly fall off when he was walking up the stairs. :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
01-27-2012, 15:04
because just like someone who constantly calls in on sports radio shows, you can't get attention if you're not there.

What a ******.

Lord Ned Stark
01-28-2012, 02:31
Just owned Korean devil. Good night everyone. Infraction well earned

JimEIV
01-28-2012, 04:36
Jim, have you ever seen the Montana episode of Anthony Bourdain No Reservations?

Yes I have. I found it strange that he focused so much on Livingston. It's not particularly nice, although anything in Montana is pretty wonderful.

Im with 3 guys from Montana right now.

JimEIV
01-28-2012, 05:03
Interesting thing about those places in Montana, your socioeconomic status is really irrelevant, your status is completely tied to how good a flyfisher you are :)

VaxjoDevil
01-28-2012, 05:50
Then I would be an untouchable in that caste system, indeed.

Devilsfanatic
01-28-2012, 08:01
Just owned Korean devil. Good night everyone. Infraction well earned

Explain yourself.

Dr. Doom
01-28-2012, 08:35
Yes I have. I found it strange that he focused so much on Livingston. It's not particularly nice, although anything in Montana is pretty wonderful.

Im with 3 guys from Montana right now.

Interesting thing about those places in Montana, your socioeconomic status is really irrelevant, your status is completely tied to how good a flyfisher you are :)
That episode made me want to go out to Montana for a year and do nothing but be in nature. I guess some snowboarding wouldn't hurt either.

Getzo5
01-28-2012, 09:20
Just owned Korean devil. Good night everyone. Infraction well earnedRepost please. This might be good.

VaxjoDevil
01-28-2012, 13:14
Ladies Nationals Figure Skating is on NBC. Oh, such pretty girls.

Devilsfanatic
01-28-2012, 13:24
Again, I refer to you to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjC1r72hYgQ

VaxjoDevil
01-28-2012, 13:33
That video is funny. Nevertheless, those chicks are ***ing hot, they have amazing talent and show a lot of skin.

Devilsfanatic
01-28-2012, 13:36
I just look for excuses to post that video.

JimEIV
01-28-2012, 14:10
That episode made me want to go out to Montana for a year and do nothing but be in nature. I guess some snowboarding wouldn't hurt either.

The town you want is called Big Sky.

Dr. Doom
01-28-2012, 14:23
The town you want is called Big Sky.
It has been noted. I may need some fly fishing tips if I plan to go out there. If I don't have a job when I graduate maybe I can see if my dad would go out there for a vacation or something. I can't remember the last time he went on a fishing trip.

Dr. Doom
01-28-2012, 14:43
Is Big Sky mostly for skiing/snowboarding or is it a good place to visit in the summer too?

Devilsfanatic
01-28-2012, 15:28
Do you guys ever google yourselves?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKEw7JNVcnw&

Dr. Doom
01-28-2012, 15:31
I googled myself today.

VaxjoDevil
01-28-2012, 16:19
I get 125,000 results. Takes too long to look through.

Devilsfanatic
01-28-2012, 16:28
I google myself everyday at least once without a gf.

Vinnie
01-28-2012, 16:59
[My name].co.uk is an escort website.

vonbonds
01-28-2012, 17:01
My name is fairly common so it is a waste of time for me.

Dr. Doom
01-29-2012, 00:51
I have a giant craving to get food from this chinese food place in san francisco
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/84/249426563_13b630e3f1.jpg
http://samwo-restaurant.com/images/Outside_Building.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M41jars4beU

VaxjoDevil
01-29-2012, 06:25
Nadal-Djokovic battle is just unreal.

njdevsfn95
01-29-2012, 07:50
Come here for the first time in a while and BOOM i get smacked with ADWD spoilers.

Guess I have to finish the book before reading through this thread again :)

for the record of where i am with limited spoilers - the blind girl sees again

Dr. Doom
01-29-2012, 08:05
I don't think there were any spoilers, unless they were a really long time ago. Sorry if something was ruined.

njdevsfn95
01-29-2012, 08:16
I don't think there were any spoilers, unless they were a really long time ago. Sorry if something was ruined.

nothing major, nothing that ruins the overall story.

i'll probably forget by tomorrow anyway lol

Dr. Doom
01-29-2012, 08:24
When you finish you'll get to be in the same boat as DF and me...just waiting for the next one. Once you're done you may want to check out westeros. There's some theories there that are a little out there but it's cool to see how others look at the books. It's also good if there is something that you didn't catch while reading.

Lord Ned Stark
01-29-2012, 09:23
brian boyle is a fucking ******
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s287/moseswalks/banzor.png
this is infraction worthy? **** off

so then i changed my avatar to a picture of him and he infracted me again

Lord Ned Stark
01-29-2012, 09:26
posting fistric and ott for fucking parise is contributing to the conversation

Lord Ned Stark
01-29-2012, 09:28
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s287/moseswalks/user110195pic7903131173.jpg

Clarkson Falls Down
01-29-2012, 10:32
You made that picture your avatar? Fucking epic. Worth every infraction :laugh:

But I don't see how you really should be infracted for either one.

Devilsfanatic
01-29-2012, 10:56
Give a 16 year old power, and he'll trip.

Has anyone here got an infraction yet?

Dr. Doom
01-29-2012, 11:16

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/challenge.gif?w=475&h=335

Devilsfanatic
01-29-2012, 11:24

How you like me now?

Dr. Doom
01-29-2012, 11:27
Dear Dr. Doom,

You have received an infraction at Fantasy Hockey Coach.

Reason: Inappropriate Language
-------
I'm power tripping. Just because I felt like it.

:hockey:
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:

All the best,
Fantasy Hockey Coach

Devilsfanatic
01-29-2012, 11:33

ROFL. You'll also notice it is now reversed :p And unlike HF, it lasts like a week here. It said it was going to expire on the 8th of Feb :laugh:

Dr. Doom
01-29-2012, 11:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp-MUGpRR3k

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 11:39
Is Big Sky mostly for skiing/snowboarding or is it a good place to visit in the summer too?

Sorry man. I've had a whirlwind weekend. Big Sky is a ski town but I only go in September to fish. It is gorgeous in the summer. Beautiful mountains and rivers ...lots of fun.

Do a Google image search on Big Sky Montana and your jaw will drop from the beauty.

Devilsfanatic
01-29-2012, 11:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEP-7LX2mpI

Dr. Doom
01-29-2012, 11:42
Sorry man. I've had a whirlwind weekend. Big Sky is a ski town but I only go in September to fish. It is gorgeous in the summer. Beautiful mountains and rivers ...lots of fun.

Do a Google image search on Big Sky Montana and your jaw will drop from the beauty.
No problem haha. I did an image search the other day and it looks amazing there. I'm really going to try to go there if I have a chance. It almost makes me want to just stop what I'm doing in school and not give a **** anymore :laugh:

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 11:49
The area is amazing. Montana is life changing if you ask me. Look what you have access to:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-8239-1327866330312.gif

Dr. Doom
01-29-2012, 11:51
I realized I have to start studying for my FE exam soon and all of this makes me want to just forget about it. Studying every day for the next 2 months :facepalm:

Wingman77
01-29-2012, 11:55
Wait, HF gives points as infractions!? :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Too funny - that is way over the top ridiculous, point infractions on a friggen message board? The guys who developed that policy up top take things way to seriously

What's wrong with a don't **** up again warning? That too simple? :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
01-29-2012, 12:00
Every msg board does. They go with five points. At FHC, you get one point. It's like demerits when driving.

But some take it way too seriously. I couldn't hand out an infraction for fun over there, I can only do it here.

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 12:04
Study like an animal and then you get to play like animal

Wingman77
01-29-2012, 12:15
Every msg board does. They go with five points. At FHC, you get one point. It's like demerits when driving.

But some take it way too seriously. I couldn't hand out an infraction for fun over there, I can only do it here.

Why don't the boards that give these big points out have prosecuters available that you can make a plea with and get your point total cut or some type of reduction?

It's a way for more people to get their names blue and a shiny new title under their name "Team Prosecuter"

I'm sorry but I find this points thing way too silly - as I mentioned above a simple 'you **** up again and you won't be able to post for X ammount of time' would do just as fine

I've gotten a couple of warnings before, but now that I see how infracting actually works, I can't take it seriously

Dr. Doom
01-29-2012, 12:16
I've been studying like an animal for almost 4 years, but I've definitely partied like one a good amount of times too. Definitely not as much as I would like to but enough to not complain. I'm still getting back into the school state of mind after winter vacation. It's tough because I don't have that much work to do right now, but I know it's going to start stacking on soon. Like right now I could watch the all star game and drink some brews, but instead I'm going to do my rocket propulsion hw so I can go out later in the week or go to the mountain. Hopefully the conditions are good and I'll go to Stowe tomorrow. If so I'll try to remember to bring my camera and hopefully there is good visibility for pictures.

Devilsfanatic
01-29-2012, 12:16
Why don't the boards that give these big points out have prosecuters available that you can make a plea with and get your point total cut or some type of reduction?

It's a way for more people to get their names blue and a shiny new title under their name "Team Prosecuter"

I'm sorry but I find this points thing way too silly - as I mentioned above a simple 'you **** up again and you won't be able to post for X ammount of time' would do just as fine

Yeah, team blue is stupid.

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 12:30
Just finished a Black Ghost. A 100 year old fly pattern that deserves a resurgence.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-6894-1327868811181.jpg

vonbonds
01-29-2012, 12:38
Just finished a Black Ghost. A 100 year old fly pattern that deserves a resurgence.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-6894-1327868811181.jpg

So how about a series of pictures showing how a fly is created from the ground up? I know I can google it but I "know" you and want to see your process. I find this extremely interesting to be honest with you.

Devilsfanatic
01-29-2012, 12:48
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Dy5tvqtii.Jchtjj4vZn0A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnhlexperts/137892627-copy.jpg

:laugh: Puck Daddy put the Sens mascot over it, but Getty Images ran the full pic.

VaxjoDevil
01-29-2012, 12:55
Jim is a tree-hugger. Real men want oil drilling, not that nature crap.

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 12:58
So how about a series of pictures showing how a fly is created from the ground up? I know I can google it but I "know" you and want to see your process. I find this extremely interesting to be honest with you.

OK. I'll tie another Black Ghost right now.

Lord Ned Stark
01-29-2012, 12:59
i'm taking custom avatar requests lol

vonbonds
01-29-2012, 12:59
Jim is a tree-hugger. Real men want oil drilling, not that nature crap.

http://theinfamousjcity.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/thats-what-she-said.jpg

Lord Ned Stark
01-29-2012, 13:00
damn i got another 5 points for disclosure of personal information lmfao

vonbonds
01-29-2012, 13:01

What is going on with you on HF? I don't think I know teh whole story.

VaxjoDevil
01-29-2012, 13:02
Apples are one of the best food around.

Lord Ned Stark
01-29-2012, 13:02
What is going on with you on HF? I don't think I know teh whole story.
go back 2 pages .. he infracted me because i posted areyouawizard.jpeg for 5 points so i put his picture as my avatar hahaha

vonbonds
01-29-2012, 13:04
That picture was Brian Boyle?

Devilsfanatic

So you have three? lol

Lord Ned Stark
i cant believe he put steve ott in the contract fucking elias would never play with that doucher

err i mean trade.. derp

Lord Ned Stark
01-29-2012, 13:05
That picture was Brian Boyle?
yea.. he has more on his profile page

Lord Ned Stark
01-29-2012, 13:08
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s287/moseswalks/1327529457866.gif
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s287/moseswalks/dancefloordale4.gif
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s287/moseswalks/1327290130008.gif

VaxjoDevil
01-29-2012, 13:15
Well they are basically look-a-likes.

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nhl/players/full/3648.png&w=350&h=254

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s287/moseswalks/user110195pic7903131173.jpg

vonbonds
01-29-2012, 13:18
He is a pretty young kid...what is that, 13-14 years old?

Devilsfanatic
01-29-2012, 13:22
He is a pretty young kid...what is that, 13-14 years old?

16 now

Dr. Doom
01-29-2012, 13:22
This rocket propulsion hw is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. Go figure...

VaxjoDevil
01-29-2012, 13:23
Yeah, he's a kid. I did plenty of annoying stuff that age. Internet just puts it up for everybody to see. I'm very happy it didn't exist when I was a teenager.

vonbonds
01-29-2012, 13:24
Yeah, he's a kid. I did plenty of annoying stuff that age. Internet just puts it up for everybody to see. I'm very happy it didn't exist when I was a teenager.

No kidding. I was a complete idiot back then. No one knew but my parents and neighbors :laugh:

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 13:39
Ok, you start with a plain hook in a vise.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-1536-1327872727185.jpg

The first thing you do is lay down a base layer of thread.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-6790-1327872718671.jpg

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 13:40
This particular pattern calls for a yellow tail.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-1309-1327872703885.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-2097-1327872690711.jpg

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 13:41
You strip the barbules from the stem of the feather and tie them in
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-7668-1327872675786.jpg

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 13:42
Then you clean it up by wraping another layer of thread.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-2598-1327872662800.jpg

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 13:43
I then tie in a pieces of silver tinsel

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-2440-1327872645493.jpg

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 13:46
After the tinsel, I tie in a piece of silk floss. The floss will make a smooth a body and the silver tinsel will make a ribbed effect.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-8561-1327872628820.jpg

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 13:48
I first wrap the floss forward toward the eye of the hook then the tinsel

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-1442-1327872610433.jpg

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 13:49
This pattern also calls for a throat patch. Exactly like the yellow tail but only tied underneath toward the from of the hook.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-1938-1327872600384.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-5695-1327872592141.jpg

Clarkson Falls Down
01-29-2012, 13:52
It's amazing how little interest I have in the All Star Game.

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 13:52
This is a bait fish pattern and to give a life-like fishy movement we use a marabou feather...It is poofy for lack of a better word and it has great action under water.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-4669-1327872576349.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-7384-1327872556389.jpg

Then you tie it in.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-8569-1327872537029.jpg

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 13:57
You clean up the head and begin to build up the thread to make a defined bullet shaped head.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-1901-1327872518065.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-8921-1327872475978.jpg

Tao Jones
01-29-2012, 13:57
Youtube or it didn't happen Jim. :cool:

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 13:58
I drop of laquer...I use nail polish :) from CVS.

1 tiny drop

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-4756-1327872497799.jpg

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 13:59
Finished Fly

Dr. Doom
01-29-2012, 14:02
Jim, have you considered a fly fishing/fishing blog?

I was able to get about 75% of my hw that is due on thursday done today. I have to ask my professor some questions and I'm not sure we have fully covered everything to do the hw in class so far so I'm not sure if I even should know how to do these problems yet.

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 14:05
Youtube or it didn't happen Jim. :cool:

Well...I've always made fun of the guys on youtube tying flies. I think it is silly. There are 1000's of fly tying videos on youtube and there are only like 4 guys that do a decent job of explaining, tying and producing the videos.

VaxjoDevil
01-29-2012, 14:08
Well...I've always made fun of the guys on youtube tying flies. I think it is silly. There are 1000's of fly tying videos on youtube and there are only like 4 guys that do a decent job of explaining, tying and producing the videos.

Same with skating. Lots of stuff out there, but few are good teachers.

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 14:10
Jim, have you considered a fly fishing/fishing blog?

I thought about it...But I realized I can't really express how I really feel in written words...I hate self proclaimed experts, they make me sick but I enjoy sharing my love of the sport. I just don't how I could explain that feeling I get when I see a giant brown trout rise and slurp down a big may fly so elegantly.

So I keep the pictures in my mind only because I don't really know how to express them.

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 14:15
Norman MacLean came the clostest to expressing it...

Poets talk about "spots of time," but it is really fishermen who experience eternity compressed into a moment.
No one can tell what a spot of time is until suddenly the whole world is a fish and the fish is gone. I shall remember that son of a ***** forever.

Dr. Doom
01-29-2012, 14:18
I thought about it...But I realized I can't really express how I really feel in written words...I hate self proclaimed experts, they make me sick but I enjoy sharing my love of the sport. I just don't how I could explain that feeling I get when I see a giant brown trout rise and slurp down a big may fly so elegantly.

So I keep the pictures in my mind only because I don't really know how to express them.
Words can definitely be difficult. That's why photography is so great.

I'm starting to get obsessed with Montana. I wonder if I can convince my friend to go on a road trip this summer or see if my dad wants to go there.
http://www.mavericktravel.net/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Glacier.331028.jpg

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 14:21
Just think every time you drive to Vermont and pass a sign for Rt. 90....

If you get on it, head west for about 36 hours that's what's on the other end.

Dr. Doom
01-29-2012, 14:23
When my friend and I drove to Chicago we almost considered going all the way to Oregon/Washington.

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 14:30
How did you like driving to Chicago? It's basically driving to Chicago twice.

If you have someone that you don't mind spending alot of hours with in a car it is immensely enjoyable thing to do.

Devilsfanatic
01-29-2012, 14:33
Chicago. What a beauty.

Dr. Doom
01-29-2012, 14:36
How did you like driving to Chicago? It's basically driving to Chicago twice.

If you have someone that you don't mind spending alot of hours with in a car it is immensely enjoyable thing to do.
It wasn't too bad. It took a little longer because we stopped at Niagra Falls both ways. It sucked because both times we were there it was at night so I couldn't get any pictures of the falls. On the way to Chicago we stopped at the casino for a little. The only bad part of the drive was I have a hard time sleeping in the car, especially if it is sunny out. My friend had no problem and slept pretty much whenever I was driving haha. The drive itself wasn't bad at all. I just put the car on cruise control at around 70 mph and just relaxed. We would switch when we needed gas or if someone was about to fall asleep, which I almost did because I drove from 1am to 7 am.

I could see myself driving all the way across the country, but if I did I would probably plan it out so that I could stop at all of the sights to see on the way.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-29-2012, 14:39
Words can definitely be difficult. That's why photography is so great.

I'm starting to get obsessed with Montana. I wonder if I can convince my friend to go on a road trip this summer or see if my dad wants to go there.
http://www.mavericktravel.net/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Glacier.331028.jpg

Wow.

Dr. Doom
01-29-2012, 14:40
Chicago. What a beauty.
Chicago is probably my favorite city that I've been to so far. San Francisco is up there too. I enjoyed being there a lot more than NYC, but it's different for me because of how close NYC has always been to me growing up.

Devilsfanatic
01-29-2012, 15:18
Chicago is probably my favorite city that I've been to so far. San Francisco is up there too. I enjoyed being there a lot more than NYC, but it's different for me because of how close NYC has always been to me growing up.

You would like San Francisco.

Devilsfanatic
01-29-2012, 15:53
Seriously, what do people see in Drake? The guy is a no talent hackbag. I can't stand the ************.

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 16:12
Yes! I just got my invite to fish with a group of professional fishermen and a famous fly fishing film maker in Mexico!!!!

I've been waiting for this invite for a long time...I replied to the email "I have to check my schedule I'll let you know tomorrow" Lol!!

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 16:17
Maybe I'll be in the next film!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5krxD2N-Eeg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

vonbonds
01-29-2012, 16:59
Finished Fly

Thanks, that was really cool!

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 17:35
Thanks, that was really cool!

No problem. It was fun to do that. I've never done anything like that before.

vonbonds
01-29-2012, 17:37
No problem. It was fun to do that. I've never done anything like that before.

Don't be afraid to blog about it if it interests you. I don't assume bloggists (is that the term?) are trying to be better than the next person. I usually assume they are doing a blog for their own enjoyment almost as a journal. I think you are much better at communicating than you think. Of course only do a blog if you want but I think you would be pretty good at it and fishing is a great topic to cover.

VaxjoDevil
01-29-2012, 18:03
Do it Jim, if you feel like it. I have a blog/site about a specific classical musical subject, and I have had 55,000 visitors. It's kinda cool to see that people from all over the world reads it, but it's real work, too. They expect you to update it...

Your blog will be about something real, not some C-list celebrity telling the world pointless stuff about his life which I don't give a **** about.

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 18:18
I am kind of intrigued by this idea. 55,000 visitors? Wow. How often do make submissions?

Devilsfanatic
01-29-2012, 18:21
I'm surprised you don't have one already. If there's anyone who loves to hear themselves, it's JimEIV

VaxjoDevil
01-29-2012, 18:31
I am kind of intrigued by this idea. 55,000 visitors? Wow. How often do make submissions?

At first, I tried to do it once a week, but that was impossible. Rather write something more substantial and do it once a month or every three weeks. Sounds like it's not much, but those three weeks passes in no time, haha. But the thing is, if you really love what you write about, it will be fun for you and the readers. And at first, you'll have like 10 readers. But if you are writing about a subject that you know people care about, and you do it well, it will catch on.

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 18:31
I'm surprised you don't have one already. If there's anyone who loves to hear themselves, it's JimEIV

It's the truth.

VaxjoDevil
01-29-2012, 18:43
Did anyone watch this J. Edgar movie?

Devilsfanatic
01-29-2012, 18:44
It's the truth.

Said with all the respect in the world.

Wingman77
01-29-2012, 19:00
Jim you also of course could include hockey in a way to some of your posts - give the readers something a bit different and I'm sure you know this, but a lot of hockey players and hockey followers like the outdoors so I'm sure if your blog ever got popular enough, outdoors people would enjoy hearing some hockey thoughts as well

Everything you post here and on HF gets lost/burried over time and doesn't get appreciated because some of the pictures or whatever you post would be appreciated by people on a blog where it isn't hard to navigate through archives

Instead of TG's Fire and Ice you could go JimEIV's Woods and Water

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 19:01
Funny thing is in real life I don't talk a lot...

Unless I have a drink then I don't shut up...

And I always have a drink, so I guess I do talk a lot?

Dr. Doom
01-29-2012, 20:27
Yes! I just got my invite to fish with a group of professional fishermen and a famous fly fishing film maker in Mexico!!!!

I've been waiting for this invite for a long time...I replied to the email "I have to check my schedule I'll let you know tomorrow" Lol!!
Congratulations! I was talking a lot about Montana tonight with my friends and they all thought I was going crazy. They were asking me why I was so suddenly obsessed about Montana.

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 20:40
Thanks.

Montana dudes are pretty cool.

http://www.confluencefilms.tv/about.php

Although, some people hate Bozeman...they think its too rich and too pretentious. Some people call it Boz-Angeles

JimEIV
01-29-2012, 21:00
Some of the photos are amazing.
Montana
http://www.klugphotos.com/MONTANA/

The world
http://www.klugphotos.com/

onefatsurfer
01-30-2012, 05:50
Picked up a new sleeping bag last night! I got the Big Agnes Mystic SL 15 degree bag.

https://www.bigagnes.com/resources/products/mystic-zm2.jpg
It's a semi-rectangular bag, basically a mummy bag but wider and with a wider footbox, and all the reviews say that it's good for "bigger" guys (like me). I got it for close to 50% off :)

800 fill down, weighs 2 lbs, 4 oz (a bit heavier compared to some of the smaller bags out there, but I'm not complaining) and compresses down to an 8"x8.5" ball to fit easily into my pack.

My pack is going to be pretty damn light, and for the first time, I'll actually be able to fit all my stuff into/strapped onto my pack.
Old gear:
Tent - 14 Lbs
Sleeping bag - 7.4 lbs and bulky
Sleeping pad - 3.8 lbs and bulky

New gear:
Tent - 4 lbs
Sleeping pad - 1.25 lbs
Sleeping bag - 2.25 lbs

:hockey:

JimEIV
01-30-2012, 06:59
Nice OFS.

Now you have room for two bottles of vodka. :)

onefatsurfer
01-30-2012, 07:14
Nice OFS.

Now you have room for two bottles of vodka. :)

I better not bring 2 bottles of vodka with me unless one of them is for fuel :P

I'm drooling at the thought of dropping 20 lbs of pack weight. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like, to be honest. I'm imagining more of a "walk through the woods" instead of a "trek"

Clarkson Falls Down
01-30-2012, 08:15
Did anyone watch this J. Edgar movie?

No, I really wanted too but then I heard it was a boring slog.

Devilsfanatic
01-30-2012, 08:41
I don't think we should anger God by calling ourselves the Devils Army.

How about the Christ Punchers?

JimEIV
01-30-2012, 09:18
Man that wind goes right threw me

Lord Ned Stark
01-30-2012, 11:07
I lost my avatar privileges

Devilsfanatic
01-30-2012, 11:18
I lost my avatar privileges

Uhm, yeah. lol.

Clarkson Falls Down
01-30-2012, 11:29
Mr. Pitt from Seinfeld died :(

Devilsfanatic
01-30-2012, 11:32
Yes, and he was doing such a fabulous job as Emperor Palpatine in the Clone Wars animated series.

Dr. Doom
01-30-2012, 11:44
My boot was a little loose today while snowboarding and now my ankle is fucked up. I can barely walk right now. I took some pictures at the mountain, I'll upload and post them later.

onefatsurfer
01-30-2012, 12:46
company xmas party tonight...
yeah...
seriously.

onefatsurfer
01-30-2012, 12:52
selyar is a stalker.

JimEIV
01-30-2012, 13:29
My boot was a little loose today while snowboarding and now my ankle is fucked up. I can barely walk right now. I took some pictures at the mountain, I'll upload and post them later.

How often do you get to spend time on the mountain?

Dr. Doom
01-30-2012, 14:37
How often do you get to spend time on the mountain?
I was there for 3 hrs today and I had a class at 4:05 PM. Stowe is about a 45 min - 1 hr drive from Burlington and we stopped to get pizza at my favorite pizza place in vermont on the way back. I usually don't stay all day because by the afternoon the trails are usually crap. I'm gonna put the pictures on my computer in a little, so they should be posted soon.

Dr. Doom
01-30-2012, 14:54
My ankle is messed up. I'm hoping it is just sprained or just sore. I couldn't walk to class so my friend drove me, but I ended up walking home after class because I didn't want to bother anyone. I'm hoping after some ice/heat and rest it will be all better tomorrow. My knee was hurting a week or two ago and it eventually felt better.

I'm having some problems uploading the pictures, so they might not be up for a little.

Dr. Doom
01-30-2012, 17:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOzXsqoJhtE&feature=player_embedded

Devilsfanatic
01-30-2012, 17:30
Was gonna post that yesterday, but then, I got lazy.

Dr. Doom
01-30-2012, 18:07
Was gonna post that yesterday, but then, I got lazy.
I'm really excited for the second season. If they do it right it will completely blow away the first one.

Devilsfanatic
01-30-2012, 18:11
Yeah, it doesn't need Sean Bean or Mark Addy anymore.

Dr. Doom
01-30-2012, 18:13
Yeah, it doesn't need Sean Bean or Mark Addy anymore.
I hope the special effects are done well because things could look really stupid if they aren't.

Devilsfanatic
01-30-2012, 18:15
They'll be fine. The dragons looked pretty decent.

Dr. Doom
01-30-2012, 18:29
The problem is nothing really big happens in AGoT. All of the intense things happen in ACoK and onwards. I'm still very excited, I'm just going to need to try to differentiate from the books and the show. I watched an interview with GRRM and he was talking about the butterfly impact in the show of changing things from what happened in the books and their effects in the future.

Devilsfanatic
01-30-2012, 18:32
Yeah, they killed Mago, he's still alive in the books and apparently going to play a huge role in the last few books.

Dr. Doom
01-30-2012, 18:40
I really hope one of my favorite quotes makes it. “Love is poison. A sweet poison, yes, but it will kill you all the same.” Varys' riddle is going to be sick too. God I can't wait.

Devilsfanatic
01-30-2012, 18:57
That's what Cersei says to poor Sansa, right? I mean, every thing that has happened is basically her fault. She's the Jar-Jar of GoT.

Dr. Doom
01-30-2012, 19:01
That's what Cersei says to poor Sansa, right? I mean, every thing that has happened is basically her fault. She's the Jar-Jar of GoT.
Yeah. That quote is Cersei talking to Sansa. There are a couple of scenes that I feel like could make or break the season if done properly or poorly. 1. The shade scenes. 2. The Blackwater 3. The House of the Undying.

Dr. Doom
01-30-2012, 19:48
In a non drug addict way, I need painkillers now. If my foot/ankle isn't better when I wake up tomorrow it is going to be a very long day of classes.

VaxjoDevil
01-30-2012, 20:17
I think it normally is pretty bad just when you wake up, don't know why. Something with blood not running as fast maybe or whatever.

Devilsfanatic
01-30-2012, 20:28
Are you dying?

Doom, post that again. I want post #1984 for the year I was born, son.

Dr. Doom
01-30-2012, 20:32
http://blog.wtfconcept.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/wat.jpg

Devilsfanatic
01-30-2012, 21:04
I should get mod abuse infractions. I'm abusing my power.

onefatsurfer
01-31-2012, 05:24
wooooooooooooot, sleeping bag is getting here tomorrow according to fedex :D

JimEIV
01-31-2012, 05:59
I think we should do a daily photo contest. Only phone photots allowed, no equipment, picture must be from the day, most interesting photo wins. No **** pictures either.

Dr. Doom
01-31-2012, 06:11
My foot/ankle still hurts, but I seem to have more motion with it and I'm able to walk better. I took some ibuprofen and wrapped it. I don't see any way that I can play racquetball today, which sucks because it would have been nice to keep talking to that girl.

I would do a picture contest, but I'm not sure how interesting it would be :laugh:

JimEIV
01-31-2012, 06:51
There are a million interesting things around all of us.

JimEIV
01-31-2012, 06:59
Like this bark on a tree...I find it neat.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-5241-1328021719337.jpg

JimEIV
01-31-2012, 07:02
Or these stone pavers right near the tree.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-4612-1328022038966.jpg

selyar
01-31-2012, 07:08
here Jim, have a lucky fish, hand carved and painted in Puerto Rico

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/stephanieelyar/2012-01-31100549.jpg

JimEIV
01-31-2012, 07:09
That's pretty cool.

selyar
01-31-2012, 07:10
he watches me engineer things.

Dr. Doom
01-31-2012, 07:27
I got a 100% + bonus question on my sociology quiz. I must be a genius or something.

Pictures will be taken today. I would have won yesterday if I took pictures of the mountain on my phone.

Devilsfanatic
01-31-2012, 08:41
Ladies and gents......extreme ironing.

http://www.interbent.com/extreme-ironing-wtf/

selyar
01-31-2012, 09:37
i can't remember the last time i ironed anything...

Devilsfanatic
01-31-2012, 09:44
Clearly not that engineering shirt there.

onefatsurfer
01-31-2012, 09:50
so sick of work. thank god for headphones