PDA

View Full Version : GDT: New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils - 12/20/11 7pm ET MSG/MSG+

Pages : 1 [2]

Getzo5
12-20-2011, 20:01
They are still going with 4 forwards. You need two players on the point to keep pucks in. That we really have one and a roamer is kind of the issue.Exactly. If the 4th forward is Zajac, I can live with that. Even though Kovalchuk improved his game, it`s still an issue.

doc e
12-20-2011, 20:03
I miss our PP with Rafalski so bad.

onefatsurfer
12-20-2011, 20:04
Zach must be re-signed at any cost.

Devilsfanatic
12-20-2011, 20:50
Another shorthanded goal, and a loss to the Rangers. I wonder how the HF crowd is holding up. And, hai guyz!!!

guyincognito
12-20-2011, 20:52
Another shorthanded goal, and a loss to the Rangers. I wonder how the HF crowd is holding up. And, hai guyz!!!

lol, Dave brought up an incident that happened outside the building and then I pretty much hijacked the thread complaining about fan behavior at these games. :laugh: So it's on hold for now

Lord Ned Stark
12-20-2011, 20:56
I hope some devsbros would back me up if I was getting whooped by rags fans. Then again I would go mike valley on them. Not sure of that's the guys name from the cky vid where they're like ... They called him a skater fag

Devilsfanatic
12-20-2011, 20:58
lol, Dave brought up an incident that happened outside the building and then I pretty much hijacked the thread complaining about fan behavior at these games. :laugh: So it's on hold for now

:laugh: sick. I guess the game just kind of got over, over there. My internet connectivity isn't very good, so I don't think I'm gonna get a good feed for GCL. So I'll have to rely on reports from now on.

Devilsfanatic
12-20-2011, 21:23
Glad to see you made it over safe.....how long you there for?

As for the game if you haven't read anything - my take; We outplayed them most of the game, made a few defensive mistakes, sucked on the PP (hey at least we're consistent), Henrik played good and despite letting up a fair ammount of rebounds the defense was there to interfere with us finishing that rebound most of the time.....would be nice to take some momentum we had from this game and keep Washington in struggle mode on Friday

I'll be gone until the 13th of January. Sucks that I'll miss games, but it's 78 degrees here and it's just a different world altogether, really mind boggling to think about, same earth, but SO different.

Well, at least they played hard. The final score isn't indicative of their play, which is nice to hear. Would have loved to have beat the Rangers, but not beat up that we didn't. Buffalo lost to Ottawa, so that was a plus.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
12-20-2011, 21:24
the first period of tonight's game was arguably the best defensive period we have played all season

we didnt get any bounces and Lundqvist outplayed Marty

that pretty much sums up the game

Devilsfanatic
12-20-2011, 21:47
Well by the time you are back, we should have a fully healthy team (Josefson pending of course and hoping nobody else succumbs to injury)

People will see 4-1 and think wow the Devils got their asses kicked, and even some Ranger fans who watched the game will use the score to say oh we beat them up when that was not the case at all.....Janssen and Rupp dropped em literally 3 seconds into the game lol

Ha, I did catch that but the connection was so bad, I just gave up and looked for the box score. Didn't realize Patty missed the game either, so that doesn't help. I knew we'd lose someone, that 4th line of Boulton-Sestito-Janssen is just....well........yeah.

Jersey Man
12-20-2011, 22:02
DF enjoy your time over there, best of luck.

As for the game, I feel it was 2-1 kind of game rather than what the box score showed.

VaxjoDevil
12-21-2011, 02:51
Ugh, 4 hours late into Zurich. 4-1, oh well. Reading from the comments it seems like LQ is getting, again, his top games against us.

It still stands...score more than 3 and they win, less they lose.

Lots of hot women in the airport to forget about the game. Not watching the third helps too, heh.

devilzrule27
12-21-2011, 04:04
Ugh, 4 hours late into Zurich. 4-1, oh well. Reading from the comments it seems like LQ is getting, again, his top games against us.

It still stands...score more than 3 and they win, less they lose.

Lots of hot women in the airport to forget about the game. Not watching the third helps too, heh.

He played well without a doubt but the chances were still there. Devils just couldn't finish. Game was very winnable.

VaxjoDevil
12-21-2011, 06:11
He played well without a doubt but the chances were still there. Devils just couldn't finish. Game was very winnable.

That is nice to hear. Also, the calm temperaments here are really nice to read through in the GDT.

Big#D
12-21-2011, 11:13
It is almost Christmas and they are sitting in 6th position (granted only 2 points up 8th, but still). Who would not have taken that back in September knowing Zajac would only play in 3 of those games?

Honestly, they should be doing better. I made a post over on HF a month or so ago that this is by far the Devils easiest stretch of the season and that they need to win these games if they want to be in contention at the end of the season. It's going to be a harder second half of the season.

I'll see if I can find that post.
edit: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=39604801#post39604801

can't edit the post to copy / paste here.

edit2: in my post, the guestimate for the period from Nov 19 (Tampa) to December 23 was 13-2-2 (yes, unreasonable) whereas the Devils have gone 9-7-0, which is 10 less points with one game remaining. if the devils stayed on pace with the rest of my season guesstimation, they'd have 93 points at the end of the season, which is really tight for a playoff spot.

vonbonds
12-21-2011, 14:29
Honestly, they should be doing better. I made a post over on HF a month or so ago that this is by far the Devils easiest stretch of the season and that they need to win these games if they want to be in contention at the end of the season. It's going to be a harder second half of the season.

I'll see if I can find that post.
edit: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=39604801#post39604801

can't edit the post to copy / paste here.

edit2: in my post, the guestimate for the period from Nov 19 (Tampa) to December 23 was 13-2-2 (yes, unreasonable) whereas the Devils have gone 9-7-0, which is 10 less points with one game remaining. if the devils stayed on pace with the rest of my season guesstimation, they'd have 93 points at the end of the season, which is really tight for a playoff spot.

Very interesting post. I missed that on HF. I never saw anyone try to predict game by game with so much of the season to go. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I would be thrilled if the Devils finished with 90+ points at this juncture.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-21-2011, 16:43
The thing is though is that we also just finished a stretch with a bunch of games on the road. We really haven't been home for an extended period in awhile.

Tao Jones
12-21-2011, 21:19
In sixth place one point closer to twelfth than fouth and fifth.

Not complaining or being negative, just saying there's not much wiggle room on the bubble.

VaxjoDevil
12-21-2011, 22:48
Every point is already so important. It't going to be an intense season that way.

onefatsurfer
12-22-2011, 05:38
**** the Rangers.

Clarkson Falls Down
12-22-2011, 07:27
In sixth place one point closer to twelfth than fouth and fifth.

Not complaining or being negative, just saying there's not much wiggle room on the bubble.

It's going to be tight all year without a doubt. But I don't see every team on the bubble being in it the whole way. I don't see it being this tight towards the end of the year.

Big#D
12-23-2011, 06:26
Very interesting post. I missed that on HF. I never saw anyone try to predict game by game with so much of the season to go. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I would be thrilled if the Devils finished with 90+ points at this juncture.

I just wanted to really see where the games were going to be tough vs the easy schedule. I could have just as easily made an average W% for each month based on the standings the day I posted it. I just went with W/L/T because it's easier to base on how the Devils play teams during the season. It was by no means an attempt to figure out what the Devils would actually do during the season ... more of a barometer.

I said at the beginning of the season that I think the Devils are a team that could finish anywhere between 2nd and 12th, depending on the health of the team and how players gel together. I think they'll most likely finish in the 7-10 range and be on the cusp most of the season. But if they don't pick up their play soon, they are going to find their record going south as they go through a really tough schedule in the first couple months of the new year.