PDA

View Full Version : I Claim This Land For Non-Homosexuals (The Party & Bullshit Thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

doc e
03-16-2012, 20:30
What did you get infracted for, Getzo?

doc e
03-16-2012, 21:33
Granted Notre Dame blew a double digit lead in the second half, they got robbed by some attention seeking referees at the end there. Unreal.

Dr. Doom
03-16-2012, 21:42
the st. patrick's day episode of 30 rock was hilarious.

Clarkson Falls Down
03-16-2012, 21:43
If you think NHL refs are the worst, I present you the first two days of this tournament. Embarrassing bad and the Syracuse-Asheville refs had to be betting on the game the way it ended.

selyar
03-16-2012, 22:11
My friends are driving around in circles because they can't figure out how to get in the hotel.

Stupid 1 way streets and dumb gps's

And extra stupid boston road clusterfuck

VaxjoDevil
03-16-2012, 22:25
Being told to not go outside after dark, just went anyway. It was me and three security guards with machine guns outside of the hotel. I just said screw this and went back in. Walked around in the afternoon a bit and man there are some crackheads and thieves running around.

onefatsurfer
03-16-2012, 22:29
finally. theyre here

good night

selyar
03-17-2012, 07:45
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/stephanieelyar/2012-03-17103936.jpg

Top o'the morning!

Clarkson Falls Down
03-17-2012, 09:45
Being told to not go outside after dark, just went anyway. It was me and three security guards with machine guns outside of the hotel. I just said screw this and went back in. Walked around in the afternoon a bit and man there are some crackheads and thieves running around.

Wow where is this?

VaxjoDevil
03-17-2012, 11:57
Wow where is this?

Bogota, Colombia.

Clarkson Falls Down
03-17-2012, 13:05
Bogota, Colombia.

Jesus. That place isn't exactly on my hot destination list.

Dr. Doom
03-17-2012, 14:57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEL1m7VJRmc

VaxjoDevil
03-17-2012, 16:15
My wife passed the pre-Bronze figure skating exam today, after ONE YEAR of skating. That is pretty awesome.

Element

1 Forward Perimeter Stroking, Focus: Flow/Strengt, Extension
2 Basic Consecutive Edges, Focus:Edge Quality
3 Forward and Backward Crossovers, Focus:Continuous Flow, Strength
4 Waltz Eight, Focus:Edge Quality
5 Forward 3-turns, Focus:Edge Quality

vonbonds
03-17-2012, 16:56
VD, pretty cool! It is in your family to do well on skates :).

vonbonds
03-17-2012, 16:57
Terrible picture but it tasted so damn good. A simple teriyaki marinade with apple wood smoke. It was so juicy!

http://lewisfamilyphotos.smugmug.com/Cooking/BigGreenEgg/Pork/i-KzL2XBp/0/L/IMG0137-L.jpg

VaxjoDevil
03-17-2012, 17:08
VD, pretty cool! It is in your family to do well on skates :).

Thanks man. She is a workaholic on ice, stays with those exercises for hours and hours, even if the feet hurts like crazy after. So it's nice there are some tests to motivate it all.

VaxjoDevil
03-17-2012, 17:24
So, a couple of weeks ago, I was playing a scrimmage in Sweden, and a guy ran into me and I landed right on the hip bone, without hockey pants. I got a bad bump on the bone, but it went down and I could skate again already after a couple of days. Then, a few days later, I was tight turning, lost an edge and fell right on the same spot. It hurt like crazy, but went away and I forgot about it. Then in the evening I played open hockey and it started hurting some more there. Now all of a sudden if I turn in certain way while walking it's BRUTAL, I have to stop myself from screaming. Geez. Started to google and I suspect I got bursitis right outside of that bone. Seems exactly what I got. Sucks, because I have no idea how long I will not be able to skate.

http://www.sports-injury-info.com/trochanteric-bursitis.html

vonbonds
03-17-2012, 19:56
So, a couple of weeks ago, I was playing a scrimmage in Sweden, and a guy ran into me and I landed right on the hip bone, without hockey pants. I got a bad bump on the bone, but it went down and I could skate again already after a couple of days. Then, a few days later, I was tight turning, lost an edge and fell right on the same spot. It hurt like crazy, but went away and I forgot about it. Then in the evening I played open hockey and it started hurting some more there. Now all of a sudden if I turn in certain way while walking it's BRUTAL, I have to stop myself from screaming. Geez. Started to google and I suspect I got bursitis right outside of that bone. Seems exactly what I got. Sucks, because I have no idea how long I will not be able to skate.

http://www.sports-injury-info.com/trochanteric-bursitis.html

That sucks. You need to place yourself on the IR for a bit. This is just fun, not your day job.

VaxjoDevil
03-17-2012, 20:11
I had an interview with a TV-station here today, and the interviewer was this incredibly cute girl (as they so often are). After, she asked for my e-mail to "thank me". Hohoho.

VaxjoDevil
03-17-2012, 20:13
That sucks. You need to place yourself on the IR for a bit. This is just fun, not your day job.

It sure is not, on the contrary, I don't wanna know how much this hobby is costing me, lol.

Yeah, you're right, it's just to take it easy for a while. But the thing is I'm getting the hang of things and then it's so frustrating to have to stop because it gets much more fun. But it should only take a week or something.

Lord Ned Stark
03-18-2012, 01:08
http://cs10541.userapi.com/u129894229/147482704/x_988796bb.jpg

Lord Ned Stark
03-18-2012, 01:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=13bkEASIp5s

Dr. Doom
03-18-2012, 07:50
driving back to vermont :(

vonbonds
03-18-2012, 09:11
I guess I am not a super fan anymore. Work has been hellish lately and the weekend weather has been beautiful. The last thing I have wanted to do is be inside. Of course I know it is a good thing to be outdoors with the family but I haven't paid much attention to hockey lately and am losing interest. I am sure as the playoffs get closer I will care more but right now I am so blah about it.

vonbonds
03-18-2012, 09:34
DF, this is for you since I know you are a Blue Jays fan.

http://lewisfamilyphotos.smugmug.com/Photography/Backyard-Birds/March-17-2012/i-cgPJ89n/0/L/P3181931-L.jpg

I grew up hating the Cardinals as a Mets fan but they are one of my favorite birds to look at.

http://lewisfamilyphotos.smugmug.com/Photography/Backyard-Birds/March-17-2012/i-dp8xRPS/0/L/P3171910-L.jpg

And for your New Jersey natives, here is your state bird, the Goldfinch.

http://lewisfamilyphotos.smugmug.com/Photography/Backyard-Birds/March-17-2012/i-TR9cThp/0/L/P3171877-L.jpg

I love the Eastern Bluebird as they nest in the bird house near my home office window so it is fun to watch them raise their young.

http://lewisfamilyphotos.smugmug.com/Photography/Backyard-Birds/March-17-2012/i-xFFdWNd/0/L/P3171889-L.jpg

I have spent the last 3 weekends turning my backyard into a bird sanctuary by getting quality squirrel proof feeders, 5 different types of seed and a meal worm feeder for diversity, adding an agitator to my bird bath (helps attract them) and cleaned out our 4 bird houses for the coming year. This hobby has provided me an odd amount of satisfaction as I love watching them do their thing unfettered in our backyard.

Just thought I would share.

selyar
03-18-2012, 09:43
Cool birds! :)

selyar
03-18-2012, 09:44
When will teleportation be viable?

Bored.

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/stephanieelyar/2012-03-18123953.jpg

vonbonds
03-18-2012, 09:47
When will teleportation be viable?

Bored.

If only! I drive between 20K-25K miles a year because of my job. It can get monotonous very fast!

Dr. Doom
03-18-2012, 09:48
You're bored...I don't want to talk about how many times I've driven back and forth from nj and vt. And I'm alone :(

vonbonds
03-18-2012, 09:51
You're bored...I don't want to talk about how many times I've driven back and forth from nj and vt. And I'm alone :(

Texting and driving? Cease and desist.

selyar
03-18-2012, 09:52
If only! I drive between 20K-25K miles a year because of my job. It can get monotonous very fast!

Ditto. I drive 100 miles a day, 50 each way. It blows.

At least ofs is driving home from boston. I drove up on friday

Dr. Doom
03-18-2012, 10:00
Texting and driving? Cease and desist.
Yes..that is how bored I get on this drive. I like how I described it to my dad the other day. I just turn on cruise control and it's like in sitting in a chair staring at a wall for 5 hours.

selyar
03-18-2012, 10:07
Tisk tisk I don't care. cut it out.

vonbonds
03-18-2012, 10:16
Yes..that is how bored I get on this drive. I like how I described it to my dad the other day. I just turn on cruise control and it's like in sitting in a chair staring at a wall for 5 hours.

No excuse. Get SiriusXM or an audio book.

selyar
03-18-2012, 10:38

I think we got him.

Sirius is my savior

vonbonds
03-18-2012, 10:56
I think we got him.

Sirius is my savior

I hope so, it is very dangerous.

JimEIV
03-18-2012, 12:19
Internet service for the first time in a week...

I'm on a beach in Tulum right now and it's topless. This is good.

Dr. Doom
03-18-2012, 13:18

I think we got him.

Sirius is my savior
I don't have the money for satellite radio or audio books. I'd love to have the audio books for A Song of Ice and Fire but they are so damn expensive.

Sorry guys, but it's just something I do.

I just hate that drive so much and it is so boring. I have to distract myself during it because otherwise I think about a lot of things I don't want to think about. It is way worse when my mind is completely off focus. I'd rather the slight time of using a phone, than the 5 hours of bad thoughts.

I know it's nothing but excuses. It's a horrible thing and I'm a complete hypocrite because I'm against people using their phone while they drive.

I would just be so full of anxiety that I would be speeding and get a speeding ticket; it has happened before.

selyar
03-18-2012, 13:30
Can you play your ipod in the car? You can get the books free from a torrent.

Dr. Doom
03-18-2012, 13:33
Can you play your ipod in the car? You can get the books free from a torrent.
No ipod adapter. Trust me I've burned countless CD's for the drive. I've listened to all of my music so many times it pretty much drives me insane. The radio stations on the way blow as well.

I'm truthfully surprised I'm still slightly sane after the amount of times I've done the drive. Like I said, it just has bad memories associated with it and having 5 hours to do nothing but think is tough.

onefatsurfer
03-18-2012, 14:13
stop being an *******. suck it up and do the drive without using your phone.

Lord Ned Stark
03-18-2012, 14:13
who else is goign to watch walking dead tonight

Dr. Doom
03-18-2012, 14:20
you've convinced me :sarcasm:

vonbonds
03-18-2012, 14:43
Internet service for the first time in a week...

I'm on a beach in Tulum right now and it's topless. This is good.

It goes without saying...sneak some pics of any hotties you see..lol.

vonbonds
03-18-2012, 14:43

Quoted for awesomeness!

selyar
03-18-2012, 14:52
No ipod adapter. Trust me I've burned countless CD's for the drive. I've listened to all of my music so many times it pretty much drives me insane. The radio stations on the way blow as well.

I'm truthfully surprised I'm still slightly sane after the amount of times I've done the drive. Like I said, it just has bad memories associated with it and having 5 hours to do nothing but think is tough.

When is your birthday?

Do you have a cassette player in your jeep?

onefatsurfer
03-18-2012, 14:54
Ipod fm adapters are like $5.

Dr. Doom
03-18-2012, 14:54
When is your birthday?

Do you have a cassette player in your jeep?
bday is april 10th and no i do not

Dr. Doom
03-18-2012, 14:55
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvgrzqMG911qfahsto1_500.gif

Lord Ned Stark
03-18-2012, 14:55
of course at the drive in would reunite and not play any shows remotely close to us.

VaxjoDevil
03-18-2012, 15:10
Done playing now, took this picture an hour before concert. That hall was quite good. Munching McDonalds and watching West Wing episodes in my room, gonna get dark soon so I cant go outside :laugh:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/416974_10150585710181551_231992701550_9501684_1846 735698_n.jpg

Dr. Doom
03-18-2012, 15:13
I watched Your Highness last night.
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly2sfb4Tgu1qhttgso1_400.gif

Lord Ned Stark
03-18-2012, 15:19
his head's shaped like a *****!

i heard that was an *** double for natalie portman hahah

Dr. Doom
03-18-2012, 15:23
such a great movie.

Dr. Doom
03-18-2012, 15:56
I'm being really lazy today. I just noticed that I have been home for 3 hours and haven't done anything. I need to go food shopping, do dishes, and I'd like to try and get some schoolwork/FE review done.

onefatsurfer
03-18-2012, 17:00
I'm getting LASIK through a Groupon. :D

onefatsurfer
03-18-2012, 17:00
Fios sucks balls. Trying to watch a movie on demand and the **** keeps giving me errors. :(

onefatsurfer
03-18-2012, 17:02
OK, guess we're watching Frozen Planet. :D

Getzo5
03-18-2012, 18:02
http://scandalbeauties.com/

Credits to some HF fan. You can thank me later. bahaha

I watched Your Highness last night. http://i42.tinypic.com/2hibkmc.gif

Not a big fan of the movie, but dat scene...

Dr. Doom
03-18-2012, 18:34
http://scandalbeauties.com/

Credits to some HF fan. You can thank me later. bahaha

oh my god...

yup, i need to go to sweden

selyar
03-18-2012, 18:51
my resume is like 2 lines over 1 page. trying shorten it is proving difficult. :banghead:

selyar
03-18-2012, 19:02
yessssss got it.

Vinnie
03-18-2012, 20:29
Just change the margins and the line spacing. Although I only did that to stretch things out.

Devilsfanatic
03-18-2012, 20:33
Leaving Chicago tomorrow morning, will reach Canada in time for Devils/Rangers tomorrow! LGD!

Dr. Doom
03-18-2012, 21:05
Leaving Chicago tomorrow morning, will reach Canada in time for Devils/Rangers tomorrow! LGD!
have you heard the victarion chapter?

Dr. Doom
03-18-2012, 21:11
i'm not a fan of fake *****.

Devilsfanatic
03-18-2012, 21:27
have you heard the victarion chapter?

Where do I find it? I didn't end up going to his evening with in TO as I came here.

Dr. Doom
03-18-2012, 21:29
Where do I find it? I didn't end up going to his evening with in TO as I came here.
Because I'm perfect.

The Noble Lady was a tub of a ship, as fat and wallowing as the noble ladies of the green lands. Her holds were huge, and Victarion packed them with armed men.

With her would sail the other, lesser, prizes that the Iron Fleet had taken on its long voyage to Slaver’s Bay; a lubbery assortment of cogs, greatcogs, carracks and trading galleys, salted here and there with fishing boats. It was a fleet both fat and feeble, promising much in the way of wool and wines and other trade goods, and little in the way of danger. Victarion gave the command of it to Wulfe One-Ear.

‘The slavers may shiver when they spy your sails rising from the sea,’ he told him, ‘but once they see you plain they will laugh at their fears. Traders and fishers, that’s all you are. Any man can see that. Let them get close as they like, but keep your men hidden below decks until you are ready. Then close and board them. Free the slaves and feed the slavers to the sea, but take the ships. We will have need of every hull to carry us back home.’

‘Home.’ Wulfe grinned. ‘The men’ll like the sound o’ that, Lord Captain.’

‘The ships first. Then we break these Yunkishmen.’

‘Aye.’

The Iron Victory was lashed alongside the Noble Lady, the two ships bound tight with chains and grappling hooks, a ladder stretched between them. The great cog was much larger than the warship and sat higher in the water; all along the gunwales the faces of the ironborn peered down, watching as Victarion clapped Wulfe One-Ear on the shoulder and sent him clambering up the ladder. The sea was smooth and still, the sky bright with stars. Wulfe ordered the ladder brought up, the chains cast off. The warship and the cog parted ways.

In the distance the rest of Victarion’s feigned fleet was raising sail. A ragged cheer went up from the crew of the Iron Victory, and was answered in kind by the men of the Noble Lady. Victarion had given Wulfe his best fighters. He envied them; they would be the first to strike a blow, the first to see that look of fear in the foeman’s eyes.

As he stood at the prow of the Iron Victory watching One-Ear’s merchant ships vanish one by one into the west, the faces of the first foe he’d ever slain came back to Victarion Greyjoy. He thought of his first ship, of his first woman. A restlessness was in him, a hunger for the dawn, and things this day would bring. Death or glory, I will drink my fill of both today.

The Seastone Chair should have been his when Balon died, but his brother Euron had stolen it from him, just as he had stolen his wife many years before. He stole her and he soiled her, but he left it for me to slay her. All that was done and gone now, though. Victarion would have his due at last. I have the horn, and soon I will have the woman, a woman lovelier than the wife he made me kill.

‘Captain?’ The voice belonged to Longwater Pyke. ‘The oarsmen await your pleasure. Three of them, and strong ones.’

‘Send them to my cabin. I want the priest as well.’

The oarsmen were all big. One was a boy, one a brute, one a *******’s *******. The boy had been rowing for less than a year, the brute for twenty. They had names, but Victarion did not know them. One had come from Lamentation, one from Sparrowhawk, one from Spider Kiss. He could not be expected to know the names of every thrall who had ever pulled an oar in the Iron Fleet.

‘Show them the horn,’ he commanded, when the three had been ushered into his cabin. Moqorro brought it forth, and the dusky women lifted up a lantern to give them all a look. In the shifting lantern light the hellhorn seemed to writhe and turn in the priest’s hands, like a serpent fighting to escape. Moqorro was a man of monstrous size, big-bellied, broad-shouldered, towering, but even in his grasp the horn looked huge.

‘My brother found this thing on Valyria,’ Victarion told the thralls. ‘Think how big the dragon must have been, to bear two of these upon his head. Bigger than Vhagar or Meraxes. Bigger than Balerion the Black Dread.’ He took the horn from Moqorro and ran his palm along its curves. ‘At the kingsmoot on Old Wyk, one of Euron’s mutes blew upon this horn. Some of you will remember. It was not a sound that any man who heard it will ever forget.’

‘They say he died,’ the boy said. ‘Him who blew the horn.’

‘Aye. The horn was smoking after. The mute had blisters on his lips, and the bird inked across his chest was bleeding. He died the next day. When they cut him open his lungs were black.’

‘The horn is cursed,’ said the *******’s *******.

‘A dragon’s horn from Valyria,’ said Victarion. ‘Aye, it’s cursed. I never said it wasn’t.’ He brushed his hand across one of the red-gold bands, and the ancient glyphs seemed to sing beneath his fingertips. For half a heartbeat he wanted nothing so much as to sound the horn himself. Euron was a fool to give me this. It is a precious thing, and powerful. With this I’ll win the Seastone Chair, and then the Iron Throne. With this I’ll win the world.

‘Cragorn blew the horn thrice and died for it. He was as big as any of you, and strong as me. So strong that he could twist a man’s head right off his shoulders with only his bare hands, and yet the horn killed him.’

‘It’ll kill us too, then,’ said the boy.

Victarion did not oft forgive a thrall for talking out of turn, but the boy was young, no more than twenty, and soon to die besides. He let it pass. ‘The mute sounded the horn three times. You three will sound it only once. Might be you’ll die. Might be you won’t. All men die. The Iron Fleet is sailing into battle. Many on this very ship will be dead before the sun goes down, stabbed or slashed, gutted, drowned, burned alive. Only the gods know which of us will still be here come the morrow. Sound the horn and live, and I’ll make free men of you, one or two or all three. I’ll give you wives, a bit of land, a ship to sail, thralls of your own. Men will know your names.’

‘Even you, Lord Captain?’ asked the *******’s *******.

‘Aye.’

‘I’ll do it, then.’

‘And me,’ said the boy.

The brute crossed his arms and nodded.

If it made the three feel braver to believe they had a choice, let them cling to that. Victarion cared little what they believed; they were only thralls. ‘You will sail with me on the Iron Victory,’ he told them, ‘but you will not join the battle. Boy, you’re the youngest, you’ll sound the horn first. When the time comes you will blow it long and loud. They say you’re strong. Blow the horn until you’re too weak to stand, until the last bit of breath has been squeezed from you, until your lungs are burning. Let the freedmen hear you in Meereen, the slavers in Yunkai, the ghosts in Astapor. Let the monkeys **** themselves at the sound when it rolls across the Isle of Cedars. Then pass the horn along to the next man. Do you hear me? Do you know what to do?’

The boy and the *******’s ******* tugged their forelocks. The brute might have done the same, but he was bald.

‘You may touch the horn. Then go.’

They left him one by one, the three thralls, and then Moqorro. Victarion would not let him take the hellhorn. ‘I will keep it here with me, until it’s needed.’

‘As you command. Would you have me bleed you?’

Victarion seized the dusky woman by the wrist and pulled her to him. ‘She will do it. Go pray to your red god. Light your fire, and tell me what you see.’

Moqorro’s dark eyes seemed to shine. ‘I see dragons.’
If you want to listen to it, it is on his website.

Devilsfanatic
03-18-2012, 21:35
Awesome, thanks. I had a great time down here. St. Patty's day was crazy, and too many beautiful women. Bought a new hat, and got 65% off Hugo Boss clothing, which was totally wizard.

selyar
03-19-2012, 04:37
Just change the margins and the line spacing. Although I only did that to stretch things out.

the margins were already pretty much maxed out. i reworded some things to get them down to one line

i recently had a craving for some deep dish. get me some. please. :)

Dr. Doom
03-19-2012, 08:02
UVM job fair is on wednesday. I have this horrible feeling that someone is going to offer me a job in Vermont. Life just loves to kick me in the balls like that.

Dr. Doom
03-19-2012, 08:29
I hate wearing pants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nys0i_FRjTI

onefatsurfer
03-19-2012, 10:13
wooooooot, next monday is my LASIK consult, if all goes well then, I'll get the surgery hopefully in the next couple weeks. ::happy dance::

Dr. Doom
03-19-2012, 13:06
First class of the day at 4 is really difficult to go to and pay attention.

selyar
03-19-2012, 13:16
what class?

Dr. Doom
03-19-2012, 13:18
manufacturing. it isn't too bad of a class, but i just can't pay attention to powerpoint if it is posted online.

it doesn't help that by this time of the day i'm kinda sleepy and hungry. i have been productive and did some FE review earlier though.

selyar
03-19-2012, 13:24
i was never a fan of late classes. i always tried to get them out of the way early. i know that's like against what normal people do, but i always took morning classes.

Lord Ned Stark
03-19-2012, 13:35
bahaha. fucking canada
http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=769&id=165721

Dr. Doom
03-19-2012, 13:37
i was never a fan of late classes. i always tried to get them out of the way early. i know that's like against what normal people do, but i always took morning classes.
this is the only time this class is taught.

i really don't want to do my dishes when i get home, but i have to.

Dr. Doom
03-19-2012, 14:45
http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/koma-comic-strip-comixed-wheres-the-joke.jpg

selyar
03-19-2012, 16:01
pesto parmesan scones

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/stephanieelyar/2012-03-19185824.jpg

Dr. Doom
03-19-2012, 16:02
ugh, not fair! those look so good.

selyar
03-19-2012, 16:10
they taste pretty good too.

i have your new pick up line.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/295495_10150699133442360_44669247359_9410152_12825 77097_n.jpg

Dr. Doom
03-19-2012, 16:20
i wonder if ofs's sister would like that line :sarcasm:

it's too easy haha

selyar
03-20-2012, 04:58
my future brother in law built us a coffee table as a wedding gift. how cool is that?

Lord Ned Stark
03-20-2012, 06:35
Should I be gettin baked for this boys ?

JimEIV
03-20-2012, 06:40
First day of work after vacation sucks so bad.

VaxjoDevil
03-20-2012, 08:20
I took my megapill and slept 11 hours straight. Still pain in hip muscles, though. It SUCKS.

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 08:36
I took my megapill and slept 11 hours straight. Still pain in hip muscles, though. It SUCKS.
Is it a bone bruise or sore muscles? If it's sore muscles, do some stretching. If you have a heating pad, put heat on it, and then ice it.

How difficult would it be for me to go to Sweden and get a job and live there for a little? I'm not talking about an engineering job.

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 08:41
It's beautiful out today. I may go lay down outside after lunch.

VaxjoDevil
03-20-2012, 08:49
Is it a bone bruise or sore muscles? If it's sore muscles, do some stretching. If you have a heating pad, put heat on it, and then ice it.

How difficult would it be for me to go to Sweden and get a job and live there for a little? I'm not talking about an engineering job.

I have no idea...if you mean a simpler job ("not talking about an engineering job") there is a difference from here that most jobs are pretty well paid, so there are no really low-paid jobs. I would say the best, and by far the funnest, way to do it is to find some post-graduate thing to study at a university. You're gonna bang more Swedish girls than you can count.

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 08:51
I have no idea...if you mean a simpler job ("not talking about an engineering job") there is a difference from here that most jobs are pretty well paid, so there are no really low-paid jobs. I would say the best, and by far the funnest, way to do it is to find some post-graduate thing to study at a university. You're gonna bang more Swedish girls than you can count.
Well, isn't that the idea of it? :laugh:

VaxjoDevil
03-20-2012, 08:58
Well, isn't that the idea of it? :laugh:

Thats why you want to go, no? Or is to study scandinavian sociologic history during the 18th century?

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 09:00
Gaining some culture while banging hot Swedish chicks wouldn't be too bad haha.

I am part Swedish, so learning about the country and traveling to different cities wouldn't be horrible. I'd love to go to a soccer match and hockey games while there.

Devilsfanatic
03-20-2012, 09:02
Beautiful is an understatement. It's actually scary that the weather here is unseasonably warm, and in Arizona there are blizzards.

I think what the Mayans had predicted was that there will be severe change in the world. And to them, severe was getting snowed on. I believe, in places where it used to be warm all the time, will now see cold temperatures, and where it used to be cold, it will be warm. And I'm completely OK with that.

VaxjoDevil
03-20-2012, 09:04
How old are you now, is it too late to be in university?

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 09:08
How old are you now, is it too late to be in university?
I'm about to be 22 and graduate. I haven't found a job and I'm starting to think of what I'm going to do if I don't find one. I've always wanted to go to Sweden and this seems like a perfect time in life to do these things.

VaxjoDevil
03-20-2012, 09:12
http://www.sweden.se/work

Maybe that site helps. But what you should do is to try to contact a Swedish consulate and tell them that you love Sweden and would love to discover the country, and ask them what your options are.

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 09:16
http://www.sweden.se/work

Maybe that site helps. But what you should do is to try to contact a Swedish consulate and tell them that you love Sweden and would love to discover the country, and ask them what your options are.
Thanks. My friend did this thing last year where she went to Portugal and Norway and lived at these houses and did work for them. I wonder if I could find something like that in Sweden.

bort
03-20-2012, 09:20
butt fucking mods over there.
..outside of the devils forum that is.

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 09:22
:scared: you're back!

VaxjoDevil
03-20-2012, 09:22
Thanks. My friend did this thing last year where she went to Portugal and Norway and lived at these houses and did work for them. I wonder if I could find something like that in Sweden.

Was it as an au pair? Ew, try to avoid that, and people will probably not hire a guy, anyway.

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 09:25
Was it as an au pair? Ew, try to avoid that, and people will probably not hire a guy, anyway.
It wasn't an au pair. It's hard to describe what it was since I wasn't there haha. There were multiple people around like her. It was almost like farm type places. They provided housing and food, but the people would work on the place and cook food for everyone. It was simple things like painting and stuff. I may actually talk to her and ask her how she found those types of places and if there are any in Sweden.

ILikeItVeryMuch
03-20-2012, 09:39
auuuuuu paiiir

JimEIV
03-20-2012, 09:45
Beautiful is an understatement. It's actually scary that the weather here is unseasonably warm, and in Arizona there are blizzards.

I think what the Mayans had predicted was that there will be severe change in the world. And to them, severe was getting snowed on. I believe, in places where it used to be warm all the time, will now see cold temperatures, and where it used to be cold, it will be warm. And I'm completely OK with that.

I was fishing with Mayan guides. I asked if the world was going to end this year. They said maybe yes, maybe no.

No joke that was the answer.

onefatsurfer
03-20-2012, 10:10
was jacques one of the guides?

Devilsfanatic
03-20-2012, 10:29

Tell us how you really feel. I should infract you for leaving.

JimEIV
03-20-2012, 10:46
I just got an email from the friends I went fishing with that read like this...

"Make sure YOU DO NOT post any of those pictures on Facebook"

LOL....You know I'm gonna *****!

Devilsfanatic
03-20-2012, 10:56
Ask them, can I on Fantasy Hockey Coach?

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 10:59
I just got an email from the friends I went fishing with that read like this...

"Make sure YOU DO NOT post any of those pictures on Facebook"

LOL....You know I'm gonna *****!
that's ridiculous. is it because of the guy that wasn't invited?

JimEIV
03-20-2012, 11:09
No, not because of the invite..because some people got naked and danced on the bar.

Vinnie
03-20-2012, 11:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIbjI8CdLxw

Devilsfanatic
03-20-2012, 12:02
He's amazing. I love that man so much.

Big#D
03-20-2012, 12:11
I was fishing with Mayan guides. I asked if the world was going to end this year. They said maybe yes, maybe no.

No joke that was the answer.

maybe this'll teach them to give you a straight answer the next time...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/major-earthquake-strikes-southern-mexico/article2375283/

selyar
03-20-2012, 12:50
http://www.boingboing.net/filesroot/maritalchart.jpg

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 12:58
Fan on in March?! What the hell is this?

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 13:29
http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/internet-memes-meme-madness-rage-guy-origins.jpg

JimEIV
03-20-2012, 13:42
I just got on the scale. I'm 11 pounds heavier than when I left.

Getzo5
03-20-2012, 14:46
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/524946_3210296109463_1628049572_2776922_1700766325 _n.jpg

Devilsfanatic
03-20-2012, 14:53
Boo. I like it, but boo.

vonbonds
03-20-2012, 15:04
http://www.boingboing.net/filesroot/maritalchart.jpg

Already sent to my wife, I am having her score herself..LOL.

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 15:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5MTyjl8aU0&feature=related

selyar
03-20-2012, 16:27
Already sent to my wife, I am having her score herself..LOL.

i don't even know HOW to darn a sock, lol

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 16:28
I love how on the full version ofs posted on HF, giving your girl an orgasm counted for 20 points.

selyar
03-20-2012, 17:05
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/stephanieelyar/2012-03-20194820.jpg

i like tasty fast easy dinners.

spinach and cheese frittata anyone?

onefatsurfer
03-20-2012, 17:21
I love how on the full version ofs posted on HF, giving your girl an orgasm counted for 20 points.

If they knew what I can do, they'd give me 100 points :naughty:

vonbonds
03-20-2012, 17:23
Well done, spinach and egg always are a good combo! Love the cast iron frying pan too.

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 17:24
http://memearchive.net/memerial.net/1449/contain-your-orgasms.jpg

selyar
03-20-2012, 17:36
Well done, spinach and egg always are a good combo! Love the cast iron frying pan too.

the cast iron actually isn't mine, it's my housemates. that reminds me, i should put one on our registry.

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 19:54
Job fair tomorrow :scared:

Dr. Doom
03-20-2012, 21:41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMInZwBBvtY

ofs and selyar, you two need to watch this. your heads are going to explode.

onefatsurfer
03-21-2012, 04:30
k, so those quilt pictures could probably use a bit of explanation.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/onefatsurfer/Devils%20games/IMG_20120320_183330.jpg
the first picture is the foot box. the bottom of the quilt zips together and cinches shut so it encloses your feet to keep them warm.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/onefatsurfer/Devils%20games/IMG_20120320_183613.jpg
the 2nd picture is showing how much loft the quilt has. the loft is the space that's filled with down (the insulator) that keeps your body heat away from the cold outside air. this one has a LOT of loft.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/onefatsurfer/Devils%20games/IMG_20120320_183536.jpg
3rd picture shows the baffle setup. these baffles (what keep the down where it is inside the quilt so it doesn't all end up at the bottom) are not entirely closed cells. this way, i can massage the down into different compartments if i want more warmth at my chest and less at my legs, for example.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/onefatsurfer/Devils%20games/IMG_20120320_183422.jpg
the 4th picture shows the underside of the quilt. there are elastic straps that run across the bottom to hold the sleeping pad underneath you and that cinch shut to pull the quilt around your body to eliminate drafts. another elastic at the top side cinches the top of the quilt around your neck, basically, so your whole body is enclosed and just your head is sticking out. in really cold weather, a warm hat must be worn with it, but it should be way more comfortable than a standard mummy bag (and it's lighter)

This thing weighs less than 2 lbs, yet will keep me toasty down to 10-15 degrees F and will probably keep me alive down to the negatives.

onefatsurfer
03-21-2012, 08:26
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-stream-the-mars-volta-noctourniquet-20120320

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 08:34
I love the album and it gets better every time I listen to it. My favorite songs on it are "Empty Vessels Make The Loudest Sound", "In Absentia", and "Vedamalady".

Edit: got Trinkets Pale of Moon and Vedamalady mixed up.

Lord Ned Stark
03-21-2012, 09:43
And they're running awayyyyyyyyyyy

Devilsfanatic
03-21-2012, 10:23
BioWare succumbs to fan pressure and have a new ending incoming for Mass Effect 3.

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 10:24
The Tedenby thread on HF is going to kill me.

Lord Ned Stark
03-21-2012, 11:00
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/marsvolta/vermicide.html this is the tmv song I was talking about

Tao Jones
03-21-2012, 11:01
Not picking on you Dr. D , but Tedenby is getting first line minutes in Albany and has been set up with beautiful passes for one-timers with the goalie out of position and it's either post, side of the net, wide, or high with no credited SOG.

He plays on a line with Zharkov and Zalewski.

If you compare him to the other RWs in Albany in terms of production per game, he is keeping pace with rookies Whitney and Sislo, and Anderson and Perkovich. Other than Sislo he's got them beat in +/-. He needs to distinguish himself from the rest of the Devils RW pack. Taormina has 15 more SOG than Ted in two more GP. His PIM could also go down a little.

Albany is now fighting for their playoff lives. They need him to produce if they are going to get in and get that valuable post-season experience that is so important for development.

guyincognito
03-21-2012, 11:56
The HF post of the day:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=46466635&postcount=400

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 12:00
The HF post of the day:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=46466635&postcount=400

Wow, who on earth can have an issue with Bobby as an analyst? He is the ultimate pundit for having opinions that are sometimes not popular and he genuinely doesn't care what people think of that. The man simply says what he feels and backs it up with his own analysis.

onefatsurfer
03-21-2012, 12:30
lotta morans on that site

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 12:40
Not picking on you Dr. D , but Tedenby is getting first line minutes in Albany and has been set up with beautiful passes for one-timers with the goalie out of position and it's either post, side of the net, wide, or high with no credited SOG.

He plays on a line with Zharkov and Zalewski.

If you compare him to the other RWs in Albany in terms of production per game, he is keeping pace with rookies Whitney and Sislo, and Anderson and Perkovich. Other than Sislo he's got them beat in +/-. He needs to distinguish himself from the rest of the Devils RW pack. Taormina has 15 more SOG than Ted in two more GP. His PIM could also go down a little.

Albany is now fighting for their playoff lives. They need him to produce if they are going to get in and get that valuable post-season experience that is so important for development.
All I'm saying is that it is so early to jump to conclusions on a player. His confidence was destroyed by DeBoer who would bench him after making the slightest mistake.

There's just too much group-think there instead of individual thought. Add all of the people that look at just stat sheets instead of watching what a player is doing or remember what he did, and it makes your head want to explode.

Him and MPS are having similar seasons. It doesn't mean that they are instantly busts.

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 12:44
Who is MPS? Brain fart moment here.

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 12:49
Who is MPS? Brain fart moment here.
magnus pääjärvi-svensson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus_P%C3%A4%C3%A4j%C3%A4rvi

I was at the UVM job fair earlier. It was ok. There was some interest but nothing that was too reassuring. I'll get to go online and apply to everything tonight and send out emails to everyone that I got business cards from.

Lord Ned Stark
03-21-2012, 12:58
Hahah. The personals section in the medium says "to the new York rangers, congrats on clinching a playoff spot. To the néw jersey devils, go **** yourselves

Getzo5
03-21-2012, 13:19
Wow, who on earth can have an issue with Bobby as an analyst? He is the ultimate pundit for having opinions that are sometimes not popular and he genuinely doesn't care what people think of that. The man simply says what he feels and backs it up with his own analysis.The same guy who had an issue with Weekes saying Marty should wear a regular-sized pads before he actually started to wear them.

-MartyBlows-

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=46475783&postcount=897

Can`t stop laughing. :laugh:

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 13:22
I have lost touch with HF. My life is too busy to deal with all of the crap over there..lol.

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 13:24
Good, HF is a mess. I have no problem with people having a different opinion than me, but if you are just going to spew out group-think and have no will to listen than I don't care.

Getzo5
03-21-2012, 13:31
EDIT your post Dr, please. lol

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 13:35
Too many videos for you? :laugh:

Getzo5
03-21-2012, 13:47
Too many for anyone. lol

Jim Jim Jim...

http://www.pohrani.com/f/39/hx/1tI364VC/1330695033330.gif

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 13:49
Too many for anyone. lol

Jim Jim Jim...

http://www.pohrani.com/f/39/hx/1tI364VC/1330695033330.gif

Hilarious, what movie is that from?

Getzo5
03-21-2012, 13:50
The Machete.

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 13:55
The Machete.

Appropriately named..LOL.

Lord Ned Stark
03-21-2012, 14:00
i think all these because its the cup videos are fuckin stupid.

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 14:01
i think all these because its the cup videos are fuckin stupid.
because they are fucking stupid :laugh:

Getzo5
03-21-2012, 14:03
You`re not much into movies, eh? haha

It was made by Robert Rodriguez (google him; Tarantino`s buddy). He loves this B action/horror movies and stuff.

Getzo5
03-21-2012, 14:07
Now this http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=46477791&postcount=122 is the best post of the day.

bahaha

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 14:09
magnus pääjärvi-svensson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus_P%C3%A4%C3%A4j%C3%A4rvi

I was at the UVM job fair earlier. It was ok. There was some interest but nothing that was too reassuring. I'll get to go online and apply to everything tonight and send out emails to everyone that I got business cards from.

Forgot to say good luck finding a job. It is tough out there but be patient and the right opportunity will come along. It isn't like you graduated with a degree in geography and had no options so you had to be a truck dispatcher in Elizabeth, NJ for 6 months before breaking down in front of your parents begging to live home for free as I just got accepted into grad school for a masters in the same stupid field...lol.

Life has a funny way of working out if you keep at it.

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 14:10
Forgot to say good luck finding a job. It is tough out there but be patient and the right opportunity will come along. It isn't like you graduated with a degree in geography and had no options so you had to be a truck dispatcher in Elizabeth, NJ for 6 months before breaking down in front of your parents begging to live home for free as I just got accepted into grad school for a masters in the same stupid field...lol.

Life has a funny way of working out if you keep at it.
Thank you. I'm not worried about it at all. The biggest part of it for me is knowing where I'm going to be living.

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 14:12
You`re not much into movies, eh? haha

It was made by Robert Rodriguez (google him; Tarantino`s buddy). He loves this B action/horror movies and stuff.

I love movies but with a young family life leaves little time for the extra curricula's like movies :). I cash in all my chips to watch the Devils and the 24 Hours of Le Mans (probably my favorite sporting event all year).

Clarkson Falls Down
03-21-2012, 14:22
Hahah. The personals section in the medium says "to the new York rangers, congrats on clinching a playoff spot. To the néw jersey devils, go **** yourselves

I miss the medium personals.

The best one I read was a roommate writing to his creepy roommate about catching him wacking off naked Captain Morgan style :laugh:

Tao Jones
03-21-2012, 14:32
All I'm saying is that it is so early to jump to conclusions on a player. His confidence was destroyed by DeBoer who would bench him after making the slightest mistake.

There's just too much group-think there instead of individual thought. Add all of the people that look at just stat sheets instead of watching what a player is doing or remember what he did, and it makes your head want to explode.

Him and MPS are having similar seasons. It doesn't mean that they are instantly busts.

I agree it is much too early to call him a bust. I am only stating where he is now based on listening to (not watching) Heller on the broadcasts. Heller does not criticize like Sherry Ross and if you miss his call on a bad play or turnover he doesn't mention again. So for me to hear how Tedenby misses his chances, (I didn't even mention power play chances), it is just a "needs improvement" thing that can be corrected.

I have a job interview myself at the top of the hour.

Hope to be finished and home in time to hear the scratch list.

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 14:39

Good luck!

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 14:49
http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/internet-memes-now-we-know.png

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 15:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkl9ZehgLeI&feature=player_embedded
I don't know if I should throw up or laugh.

"Because we are still reliving 1994"
"Because we sign UFA's to ridiculous contracts and then have to buy them out or bury them in the minors"

Getzo5
03-21-2012, 15:43
I intentionally DIDN`T post that video...so thank you very fucking much. haha

VaxjoDevil
03-21-2012, 15:44
The Tedenby thread is so useless to read it's not even funny. It's amazing the certainty people have to evaluate someone who they haven't watched playing a second of hockey in like, what, 3 months? I'd rather read the phonebook. At least I get some information.

VaxjoDevil
03-21-2012, 15:45
I honestly don't see anything wrong with that Rangers video?

Devilsfanatic
03-21-2012, 16:00
Broadway is blue collared?? :laugh:

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 16:15
The Tedenby thread is so useless to read it's not even funny. It's amazing the certainty people have to evaluate someone who they haven't watched playing a second of hockey in like, what, 3 months? I'd rather read the phonebook. At least I get some information.
Have I told you that I love you? :laugh:

Getzo5
03-21-2012, 16:18
Have I told you that I love you? :laugh:He`s Swedish, doesn`t count. :sarcasm:

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 16:34
I fucking hate reading for school. It's only 30 pages but somehow it will feel like I'm reading 200 pages.

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 16:38

Hopefully it went well!

Tao Jones
03-21-2012, 16:53
Well I was offered the job and the interviewer is from Whippany and used to own ice rinks in South Jersey and is a Devils fan.

However, they want me to start at $10/hr less than at my current company, but the commute would be twelve miles less each way.

Gonna sleep on it.

devilzrule27
03-21-2012, 16:56
Is there better room for growth? Sometimes its worth it to take a little less now for a more later.

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 16:58
Well I was offered the job and the interviewer is from Whippany and used to own ice rinks in South Jersey and is a Devils fan.

However, they want me to start at $10/hr less than at my current company, but the commute would be twelve miles less each way.

Gonna sleep on it.
Do you like where you currently work? Are you more interested in this new job?

That's definitely a tough decision.

Tao Jones
03-21-2012, 17:01
Is there better room for growth? Sometimes its worth it to take a little less now for a more later.

Ha ha, it's just a tutoring job, but yes I can max out at $10/hour more than my current rate, but he said such situations are rare.

You guys are great with the well wishes.

Thanks.

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 17:08
Ha ha, it's just a tutoring job, but yes I can max out at $10/hour more than my current rate, but he said such situations are rare.

You guys are great with the well wishes.

Thanks.
No problem. You all have to listen to my garbage every day :laugh:

guyincognito
03-21-2012, 17:35

You must love the "team talk" thread then, the babble about Parise.

"I'd pay him $7.5M cap"
"He's not worth anything because he hasn't done anything in the playoffs" (irony meter explodes)
"I can't wait for Kovy to smash him through the glass the first time they meet" (keep waiting for that, Kovy throws about 3 serious hits a year)
"Alex Semin will get whatever he gets"
"Let's trade for Rick Nash at the draft"
"If Zach leaves after all the Devils have done to keep him here."

The last one is the best, I think. :laugh:

It just asks the question, "like what?!" Hold on for a second, I have to know.

Lord Ned Stark
03-21-2012, 17:35
No problem. You all have to listen to my garbage every day :laugh:

u never seen josefson do this ****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OLYzUsjUfQ

Lord Ned Stark
03-21-2012, 17:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyfDH3nB78g&feature=relmfu

or this

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 17:43
You must love the "team talk" thread then, the babble about Parise.

"I'd pay him $7.5M cap"
"He's not worth anything because he hasn't done anything in the playoffs" (irony meter explodes)
"I can't wait for Kovy to smash him through the glass the first time they meet" (keep waiting for that, Kovy throws about 3 serious hits a year)
"Alex Semin will get whatever he gets"
"Let's trade for Rick Nash at the draft"
"If Zach leaves after all the Devils have done to keep him here."

The last one is the best, I think. :laugh:

It just asks the question, "like what?!" Hold on for a second, I have to know.
That gave me a serious laugh :laugh:

JimEIV
03-21-2012, 17:47
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta! My wife is one too!

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-3078-1332376972027.jpg

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 18:29
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta! My wife is one too!

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-3078-1332376972027.jpg

Ha..what made you do that?

selyar
03-21-2012, 18:41
haha nice pic jim!

JimEIV
03-21-2012, 18:41
Do what? The buffs? The sun is so strong down there on the water you need to cover up. I wore sun screen plus was fully covered and I have a pretty good tan.

Buffs are a must for saltwater flats fishing.

JimEIV
03-21-2012, 18:53
http://www.buffusa.com/a/fishing

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 19:00
http://www.buffusa.com/a/fishing

I have two buffs from my motorcycling days. Now I have an excuse to wear them again when we go on our cruise in 2 months :).

selyar
03-21-2012, 19:02
hmmm gift for my dad perhaps?

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 19:09
hmmm gift for my dad perhaps?

Is REI up in NJ? If they are in your area they carry buffs to check out for yourself.

JimEIV
03-21-2012, 19:25
Jim is an outstanding southern gentleman. He is a prominent outdoor writer and on this evening he said to me "Jim, my life is 7/8 over, I'm going to live every minute of the last 1/8" what an amazing man. I feel blessed to have spent a week with him.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-457-1332382596576.jpg

http://uncpress.unc.edu/books/T-4.html

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 19:26
Holy ****, watching a new show on A&E called Duck Dynasty. Simply amazing...love it!!!

JimEIV
03-21-2012, 19:29
The duck commanders have been around for a long time in the outdoor world.

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 19:30
Jim is an outstanding southern gentleman. He is a prominent outdoor writer and on this evening he said to me "Jim, my life is 7/8 over, I'm going to live every minute of the last 1/8" what an amazing man. I feel blessed to have spent a week with him.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-457-1332382596576.jpg

http://uncpress.unc.edu/books/T-4.html

You have an interesting life going for yourself.

Vinnie
03-21-2012, 19:33
48 minutes of Itchy and Scratchy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWy_7eHBLRE

Devilsfanatic
03-21-2012, 19:46
That wasn't banned? I tried that with Star Wars, and they were like, we'll fucking murder you, fucker.

Vinnie
03-21-2012, 19:49
I made sure to download it since I'm sure it won't last long.

JimEIV
03-21-2012, 19:50

Not so much. I'm just a lucky hanger-on that occasionally brushes with greatness because of my interest.

JimEIV
03-21-2012, 19:50

Not so much. I'm just a lucky hanger-on that occasionally brushes with greatness because of my interest.

vonbonds
03-21-2012, 19:55

You can say that again...

Devilsfanatic
03-21-2012, 20:25
Usually they don't even let you keep it for a second. I had Robot Chicken Star Wars, a compilation and it wasn't allowed.

Dr. Doom
03-21-2012, 21:07
I can't figure out what to eat. Nothing is really good for night. I could go for a bowl of cereal or some ice cream.

First world problems.

Getzo5
03-22-2012, 02:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdIrBOG2upM&feature=player_embedded

He never fails to entertain.

Lord Ned Stark
03-22-2012, 04:04
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0wf4xTzwr1qbw88xo1_500.gif
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0wf4xTzwr1qbw88xo2_500.gif

selyar
03-22-2012, 05:19
i have no luck with this freebie fake nalgenes from SWE.

the first one i got i smashed into a million pieces, and the next one now has a crack in it and leaked water all over my shirt this morning.

cheap bitches at SWE need to pay up and get something decent next time.

onefatsurfer
03-22-2012, 05:47
i never really liked smashing pumpkins much, but i've been listening to them this morning and they're pretty damn good.

Lord Ned Stark
03-22-2012, 05:50
I like smashing pumpkins. They were emo before it was cool

selyar
03-22-2012, 06:00
this is so cool

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/arts-post/post/artist-berndnaut-smilde-creates-indoor-clouds/2012/03/13/gIQA7yAT9R_blog.html

onefatsurfer
03-22-2012, 06:04
i think i never really liked them before because my dad said they sucked when i was young and i never went to one of their shows. i went to a fuckload of concerts when i was a kid and through my early teens and it introduced me to a huge array of music, but i just never really got into them much. now that i think about it, i did like bullet with butterfly wings when it came out. i had mellon collie and the infinite sadness on CD

Lord Ned Stark
03-22-2012, 06:50
Ofs listen to the tempest by pendulum

Lord Ned Stark
03-22-2012, 06:58
Lmfao. If I didn't listen to all the bands my dad said sucked I'd be stuck listening to fucking led Zeppelin and Johnny lang

selyar
03-22-2012, 06:59
haha me too. although my dad was generally right about what he told me sucked because everything i listen to is garbage. but i love it anyway.

i have to admit, his dad is pretty different than most though.

Lord Ned Stark
03-22-2012, 07:17
I'm sure when I get older whatever **** kids listen to I wont like. But I'm kind of scared to see what dubstep evolves into

onefatsurfer
03-22-2012, 07:19
Lmfao. If I didn't listen to all the bands my dad said sucked I'd be stuck listening to fucking led Zeppelin and Johnny lang

my dad is a killer musician, though, and his opinion is pretty solid. i think he just hadn't heard them much back then. he's not so into a decent amount of the music i like though..

vonbonds
03-22-2012, 07:32

I am your dad when it comes to music. I am stuck in the 70's and classic rock in general. I enjoyed the 80's very much being a teen through those years but listening to it now isn't as enjoyable as the 70's for me.

onefatsurfer
03-22-2012, 07:34
the 70's and 2000's were the best decades for music by far.

Lord Ned Stark
03-22-2012, 07:50
I am your dad when it comes to music. I am stuck in the 70's and classic rock in general. I enjoyed the 80's very much being a teen through those years but listening to it now isn't as enjoyable as the 70's for me.
Don't get me wrong I love that stuff but I do have my own music that I like to listen to

Big#D
03-22-2012, 08:01
the 70's and 2000's were the best decades for music by far.

What happened in the 2000s mainstream music scene that made it anywhere near the 70s? i'm sure there were lots of indy stuff that were good, but as far as mainstream popular music during the rock/pop era, there's been nothing near the quality of music that came out of the 70s. If I were to guess at anything close enough to rival it, I'd probably guess the 50s or the 60s before the 2000s. I'd also probably put the 90s (grunge movement) and the 80s non-pop (intro to mainstream rap, precursor to grunge, comedy of glam rock) before the 2000s. The 2000s to me are typified by some chick singing r&b/soul in the background of a rap song. Utter ****.

Lord Ned Stark
03-22-2012, 08:08
I hate to do the this music is better than this and what not but. I have to agree w u

onefatsurfer
03-22-2012, 08:11
What happened in the 2000s mainstream music scene that made it anywhere near the 70s? i'm sure there were lots of indy stuff that were good, but as far as mainstream popular music during the rock/pop era, there's been nothing near the quality of music that came out of the 70s. If I were to guess at anything close enough to rival it, I'd probably guess the 50s or the 60s before the 2000s. I'd also probably put the 90s (grunge movement) and the 80s non-pop (intro to mainstream rap, precursor to grunge, comedy of glam rock) before the 2000s. The 2000s to me are typified by some chick singing r&b/soul in the background of a rap song. Utter ****.

...because you've only listened to mainstream 2000's music. There is an INCREDIBLE amount of fantastic music from the 2000's.

during the 2000's, emo music stopped being "whiny annoying bitches" and started really coming into its own. Prog-rock exploded and the roots of post-rock were planted. Grunge blows, IMO, and the 80's non-pop is meh. I'll give the 80's metal bands credit, because they're definitely very good, and the punk movement was huge. I'd put the 80's close to the 2000's I guess, but the 90's don't even hold a candle to the 2000's.

Wingman77
03-22-2012, 08:12
I wasn't alive in the 70s but I listen to some music from that era and having lived in the 00s, the one thing I can say is 30-40 years from now, how many artists will still be performing that had success in the 00s or even talked about for that matter? Take a look at the Stones, Springsteen, AC/DC, Elton John, The Eagles among plenty of others that have been performing 30-40 years since their inception

There wasn't any ground breaking music that came from the 00s, there was for sure some good music and some big hits from different artists, but some of those people aren't even producing music anymore

Big#D
03-22-2012, 08:14
I'm really not trying to put down the 2000s. It's well beyond my scope of listening. I was in Europe for most of the mid to late 90s and had pretty much given up on music because I refused to pay for radio and I didn't buy a lot of stuff. When I came back to Canada in the early 2000s, Brittany Spears and that genie in a bottle girl were popular and I was tired of bubble gum, so I pretty much gave up listening to everything other than what little snipets my wife forced me to hear on mainstream radio. I'm going on close to a decade of not really listening to the radio and figuring if a song is decent that it'll last the test of time and still sound good in ten years (i.e. why you don't hear brittany spears on any "oldies" type channels).

So, back to my point ... what I'm saying is not that the 2000s were **** (other than what i absorbed through osmosis), but what else out there that i didn't hear was actually good for the decade? I have no idea honestly.

selyar
03-22-2012, 08:16
sorry honey but these guys are right. there isn't anyone really who is going to go down as legendary like the guys from the 70s

i know what you're saying, that there's some good stuff from the 00's, but you can find diamonds in the rough in any decade. in the grand scheme of things they won't define the decade in the music history books, autotune will.

VaxjoDevil
03-22-2012, 08:16
How about the 1820s. Great stuff from back then.

Big#D
03-22-2012, 08:18
...because you've only listened to mainstream 2000's music. There is an INCREDIBLE amount of fantastic music from the 2000's.

there's been great music in every decade if you are really willing to search for it. i'm not (my previous post). i'm just trying to figure out what came out of the 2000s that made it the second best decade.

Big#D
03-22-2012, 08:20
How about the 1820s. Great stuff from back then.

and that's why i qualified my statement with the caveat of since rock/pop started.

if you want to get into classical, jazz, etc., the decades of rock music are going to get blown out of the water.

Lord Ned Stark
03-22-2012, 08:24
I like 90s music. Grunge rock all day

onefatsurfer
03-22-2012, 08:29
I'll just go through my current playlist (that doesn't include a TON of stuff, just things that I've put on my playlist in the last few weeks):
All American Rejects
Anathallo
Brian Bonz
Dashboard Confessional
Death Cab for Cutie
Fall Out Boy
The Format
Fountains of Wayne
Fun
Glassjaw
Head Automatica
Hot Hot Heat
Hot Rod Circuit
Jack Johnson
Jet
Jimmy Eat World
Jonsi(ok I guess his solo album would be 2010)
Mew
Motion City Soundtrack
Muse
Phoenix
Piebald
Sigur Ros
The Darkness
The Get Up Kids
The Killers
The Mars Volta

If you want more mainstream,
Eminem was huge, Jay Z, Kanye, etc.
Korn, Slipknot, Deftones, System of a Down, Evanescence, Audioslave, The Strokes, The White Stripes, Arcade Fire

The TONS of extremely successful country bands...

Lord Ned Stark
03-22-2012, 08:30
Bandages on my arms and
Ma legs from
U bandages bandages bandageeeess

onefatsurfer
03-22-2012, 08:32
I think the 70's are the best decade ever, but I put it
70's

2000's

1980's

1990's

(not sure where i'd put the 60's)

VaxjoDevil
03-22-2012, 08:34
and that's why i qualified my statement with the caveat of since rock/pop started.

if you want to get into classical, jazz, etc., the decades of rock music are going to get blown out of the water.

I was not trying to be sarcastic at all, sorry if it came out that way. I'm a classical musician, so I'm kinda behind you guys, haha.

Big#D
03-22-2012, 08:35
i guess i was looking at it more from a historical perspective as opposed to any one specific band.

you can hate grunge or like it, but it was one of those "musical revolutions" that helped change where music was coming / going. it's interesting following the strands of musical styles flowing in and out to form current day music.

the jazz and the country infusing to form some of the early rock music. then the introduction / influence of heavier guitar/drum in the 60s leading to real rock, which in turn fed the renaissance of the heavy metal and punk scenes. meanwhile the pop music taking a turn for the crazy and leading to disco which eventually died and was replaced with more bubble gum pop and i guess rap music. metal and punk moving in and out in the 80s to into glam rock, early emo (clash, cure, depeche, etc.) and eventually coming into grunge in the 90s while rap continued to develop and become more pop like, leading to the infusion with r&b/soul. punk scene goes underground after being embarrassed by nirvana and nin representing their genre and metal become even more hard core with death metal, etc. replacing the more popular metals of the 80s. 2000s to me seems more like autopilot of the 90s with nothing new really being developped out of it.

and i didn't even mention stuff like gospel, motown, etc. and the influence on early rock.

Big#D
03-22-2012, 08:38
I was not trying to be sarcastic at all, sorry if it came out that way. I'm a classical musician, so I'm kinda behind you guys, haha.

I know, but you were absolutely right and that really was why I qualified my comments with saying rock. Because I really think there's no comparison as to quality of the music being developped in classical versus rock. Mainstream music has lost a lot in terms of quality of music over the last decade, again not even mentionning the quality found in the classical composers.

Dr. Doom
03-22-2012, 08:40
It's all about classical music.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m19pakgg5W1r896gbo1_400.gif

onefatsurfer
03-22-2012, 08:42
i guess i was looking at it more from a historical perspective as opposed to any one specific band.

you can hate grunge or like it, but it was one of those "musical revolutions" that helped change where music was coming / going. it's interesting following the strands of musical styles flowing in and out to form current day music.

the jazz and the country infusing to form some of the early rock music. then the introduction / influence of heavier guitar/drum in the 60s leading to real rock, which in turn fed the renaissance of the heavy metal and punk scenes. meanwhile the pop music taking a turn for the crazy and leading to disco which eventually died and was replaced with more bubble gum pop and i guess rap music. metal and punk moving in and out in the 80s to into glam rock, early emo (clash, cure, depeche, etc.) and eventually coming into grunge in the 90s while rap continued to develop and become more pop like, leading to the infusion with r&b/soul. punk scene goes underground after being embarrassed by nirvana and nin representing their genre and metal become even more hard core with death metal, etc. replacing the more popular metals of the 80s. 2000s to me seems more like autopilot of the 90s with nothing new really being developped out of it.

and i didn't even mention stuff like gospel, motown, etc. and the influence on early rock.
The 2000's to me aren't so much "autopilot" as the genres from the 90's peaking with actual good music. Autotune came about, yeah, and popular music in the 2000's sucked REAL BAD, but then, the only decade that had good popular music was the 70's.

vonbonds
03-22-2012, 08:48
I am with Big#D all the way and Wingman77 hit the talking points I use with people about the longevity of music in the last 30 years. Classical music will live on forever as well as Rock & Roll from the 50's through the 70's.

Big#D
03-22-2012, 08:50
i'd probably argue that finding that good music in the 2000s became much easier with the advent of the internet's popularization in the 90s rather than the decade being better than the others in and of itself. there was probably some really good music in the other decades that we'll never know about because they a) weren't popular; b) had no way to be accessed by the broader public because they weren't popular; and c) died as a result of technological changes and people moving on in life.

although, that's an argument completely pulled out of my *** and i have no way of proving it one way or the other.

Dr. Doom
03-22-2012, 09:20
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m15tkgkz7H1rpmmh6o1_250.gif

Devilsfanatic
03-22-2012, 09:24
90's all day. Along with 80's.

I don't much care for anything modern and I guess it all lies in genre too. I think hip-hop in the 80's and 90's was mintastic. But that's because I'm black y'all.

Big#D
03-22-2012, 09:25
you're brown ... pretender.

Devilsfanatic
03-22-2012, 09:41
They're brown too. Except for Fabrice Muamba and those super Negroes.

And the Foo Fighters song Pretender is about me.

Getzo5
03-22-2012, 10:01
70s and 90s for me. 80s somewhere in the middle. Early 2000s right after that. I listen to a lot of stuff but can`t really put 50s and 60s in the mix since I only listen to the "most known" songs. Not fair to compare those eras unless you lived back then.

There are always some good and bad bands. Even nowadays. As long as those good exist, I don`t care. I can even find something acceptable in mainstream pop music and that`s not an easy task.

Nice debate, I like.

Oh and Foo Fighters and Audioslave are one of my favorite bands. But I`m not a "rock only" person, I listen to anything and everything... except punk, black metal, gay and funk music. haha

Devilsfanatic
03-22-2012, 10:59
I wonder if on Facebook, someone can like my comment, and then I can like that they like my comment, and then they like that I like their comment, then I like that they like that I like their comment?

Dr. Doom
03-22-2012, 11:02
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m17olkDrmo1qml1ts.jpg

Dr. Doom
03-22-2012, 11:14
It's unreal how nice it is outside. Too bad I have to spend my day in classes :(

selyar
03-22-2012, 11:15
I wonder if on Facebook, someone can like my comment, and then I can like that they like my comment, and then they like that I like their comment, then I like that they like that I like their comment?

maybe...if you were my friend on facebook

onefatsurfer
03-22-2012, 11:17
people still use facebook?

onefatsurfer
03-22-2012, 11:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzMJEtk41vU

awesome song. :) <3 these guys