PDA

View Full Version : Zidlicky to Devils?

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-15-2012, 05:46
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger

Early morning news, Marek Zidlicky has agreed to waive no-trade to go to New Jersey. Doesn't mean deal is done. Still some work to do.

onefatsurfer
02-15-2012, 05:52
As I said in the other thread, I'm not sold on him. I don't like when players challenge the coach's authority. Looks like he'll be a Foster replacement, though.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-15-2012, 06:25
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger

Zidlicky has said he would waive to go to NJD, however, Wild hasn't asked him to...yet, and may not trade him until the summer says source.

Dr. Doom
02-15-2012, 06:32
I don't think I'm a fan of this. He has a pretty big cap hit and is signed for another season.

Dr. Doom
02-15-2012, 06:49
The question is who do we trade and who is the odd man out on defense?

Salvador-Larsson
Tallinder-Fayne
Volchenkov-Greene

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 08:18
He's like a poor man's Vishnovsky. I think he's saying if he could go anywhere, NJ would be a place he'd like to be. The Wild haven't asked him to move it though.

Lord Ned Stark
02-15-2012, 08:38
He's like a poor man's Vishnovsky. I think he's saying if he could go anywhere, NJ would be a place he'd like to be. The Wild haven't asked him to move it though.

this is like skoula all over again. i can see it now..

vonbonds
02-15-2012, 08:44
This isn't passing the sniff test. He is 35 with another year at 4M. Lets not talk about the price for him either. Just not seeing the synergy here.

Dr. Doom
02-15-2012, 08:46
Lets say we get Zidlicky. This could be our team next year. I would say that defense is a huge improvement over this year.

FORWARDS
Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.666m) / Adam Henrique ($0.854m) / Zach Parise ($7.000m)
Petr Sykora ($1.000m) / Patrik Elias ($6.000m) / Dainius Zubrus ($3.400m)
Alexei Ponikarovsky ($2.000m) / Travis Zajac ($3.887m) / David Clarkson ($2.666m)
Mattias Tedenby ($0.875m) / Jacob Josefson ($0.900m) / Eric Boulton ($0.662m)
Nick Palmieri ($0.900m)

DEFENSEMEN
Anton Volchenkov ($4.250m) / Henrik Tallinder ($3.375m)
Andy Greene ($3.000m) / Adam Larsson ($0.925m)
Marek Zidlicky ($4.000m) / Mark Fayne ($0.600m)
Alexander Urbom ($0.856m)

GOALTENDERS
Martin Brodeur ($2.000m) / Keith Kinkaid ($0.900m)

BUYOUTS: Colin White ($1.000m) / Trent Hunter ($0.666m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,385,834; BONUSES: $807,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $5,914,166

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-15-2012, 08:46
this is nothing like Skoula.

Zidlicky on a down year is better than Skoula having his best year, easily

onefatsurfer
02-15-2012, 08:47
I think he'd be a good addition. Once Larsson comes back, you have:
Greene-Larsson
Salvador-Zidlicky
Volchenkov-Fayne

Pretty decent d-corps, if you ask me

devilzrule27
I loved him when he was in Nashville but I haven't really seen him play the last two years, so I don't know where he is at really in his career. He also has another year on his deal which worries me a bit. I don't know, I wouldn't be against it if the price is right I guess.

Devilsfanatic
Marek Zidlicky is absolutely better than Greene, and Tallinder. He's nowhere near Martin Skoula. I like that he's a Rangers draft pick.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-15-2012, 08:55
We'll, it looks like they're not having problems adding salary if you want to look for an underlying positive for this. So maybe they'll have money for Parise.

Dr. Doom
02-15-2012, 08:56
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of this trade. I'm not sure who the odd man out is when Larsson and Tallinder are back but that is something that could be dealt with later.

guyincognito
02-15-2012, 08:56
If they can get him for free, why not? Totally different player than Skoula but he's been on a pretty big downward trend, though. Big scapegoat in Minny and he's probably done enough himself to get that rep.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-15-2012, 08:57
Greene-Volch
Fayne-Larsson
Zidlicky-Salvador

Dr. Doom
02-15-2012, 08:57
While I know some people won't be happy about it, we might be seeing one of the 2nd round picks going the other way if this happens.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-15-2012, 09:00
While I know some people won't be happy about it, we might be seeing one of the 2nd round picks going the other way if this happens.

see THAT I would not be OK with. I cant possibly see a guy who has asked out and hates the coach costing that much

plus we have to include a roster player since we are at the roster limit

Dr. Doom
I think he'd be a good addition. Once Larsson comes back, you have:
Greene-Larsson
Salvador-Zidlicky
Volchenkov-Fayne

Pretty decent d-corps, if you ask me

Greene-Volch
Fayne-Larsson
Zidlicky-Salvador
Salvador-Larsson
Greene-Fayne
Volchenkov-Zidlicky

I think Salvador is the odd man out when Tallinder comes back. But it also won't hurt to have 7 competent d-men during the playoffs.

Tallinder-Fayne
Volchenkov-Larsson
Greene-Zidlicky

Devilsfanatic
I think we all know, the best deal is Palmieri, Clermont, 2nd.

Dr. Doom
02-15-2012, 09:01
see THAT I would not be OK with. I cant possibly see a guy who has asked out and hates the coach costing that much

Foster +?

Dr. Doom
02-15-2012, 09:01
Maybe we can get rid of Boulton O_O

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 09:03

It can be Veilleux, it can be Foster, it can be Palmieri, that would get it going. Foster back to Minny.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-15-2012, 09:03
there is no way Salv is the odd man out. I would say he has been our 2nd best DMan this year

guyincognito
02-15-2012, 09:04
Urbom/Tedenby. :P Jesus that was dense. lol.

I wouldn't give much more than we gave for Poni. For all we know he's a washout, a washout with a poor attitude to boot. It just happens our D blows *** so you're willing to take chances.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-15-2012, 09:04
For people that are into the advanced statistics, Zidlicky's still been a pretty decent defenseman this year. Yeah, his points are down, but that has just as much to do with MIN's awful forward corps than it has to do with his play.

Lord Ned Stark
02-15-2012, 09:06
I'm not saying he's like skoula I'm saying the trade reeks of epic fail

Dr. Doom
02-15-2012, 09:06
there is no way Salv is the odd man out. I would say he has been our 2nd best DMan this year
Then who is it Larsson/Fayne?

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 09:10
That Tedenby and Urbom for Zidlicky trade idea by CB was the funniest thing I've heard. You try and trade for Rick Nash for that package, not friggen Marek Zidlicky.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-15-2012, 09:10
Then who is it Larsson/Fayne?

Fayne is better than Larsson ATM.

It honestly should be Tallinder.

That Tedenby and Urbom for Zidlicky trade idea by CB was the funniest thing I've heard. You try and trade for Rick Nash for that package, not friggen Marek Zidlicky.

Idiotic is putting it nicely.

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 09:13
I don't post there, so I didn't say anything. I just like to see the wide range of reactions from nooooooooooooo to I love it, to meh. So, I just called him out on the twitters.

Dr. Doom
02-15-2012, 09:15
The fact that he said it was a good trade was just insane. Give up top prospects at both forward and defense for a 35 year old defenseman that has one year left on his contract and apparently wants out. :facepalm:

Fayne is better than Larsson ATM.

It honestly should be Tallinder.

But we know it won't be Tallinder and it will be one of the young guys.

Tao Jones
02-15-2012, 09:17
I don't even see Taormina going for Zidlicky.

Lord Ned Stark
02-15-2012, 09:18
I wouldn't even replace foster w him. Foster is actually helping the pp
Click. Zid hasn't even scored a goal this year

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 09:22
He just wants to be right about Tedenby being traded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Clarkson Falls Down
02-15-2012, 09:25
The fact that he said it was a good trade was just insane. Give up top prospects at both forward and defense for a 35 year old defenseman that has one year left on his contract and apparently wants out. :facepalm:

But we know it won't be Tallinder and it will be one of the young guys.

To be honest, we have no clue when Tallinder will be back.

Lord Ned Stark
02-15-2012, 09:26
Whatever happens w this trade let it be known

Do
Not
Want

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 09:28
I'd take him if the deal is Gelinas and a 5th or something like that. Or Foster too. I yelled at him all night that he sucked.

Dr. Doom
02-15-2012, 09:32
I'd be happy if we got rid of Foster or Boulton. I'd prefer to hold onto Gelinas though.

Vinnie
02-15-2012, 09:34
So he said he would waive his NTC for NJ without even being asked, and is signed for next year at $4M...why would we give up anything of value? I'm not even sure I would take him for free.

Lord Ned Stark
02-15-2012, 09:35
So he said he would waive his NTC for NJ without even being asked, and is signed for next year at $4M...why would we give up anything of value? I'm not even sure I would take him for free.
Thank you.

Getzo5
02-15-2012, 09:46
For people that are into the advanced statistics, Zidlicky's still been a pretty decent defenseman this year. Yeah, his points are down, but that has just as much to do with MIN's awful forward corps than it has to do with his play.No! Trade for Oduya!

lmfaocopter

guyincognito
02-15-2012, 09:47
Foster AND Boulton!

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 09:48
:laugh: yeah, and Scott Niedermayer out of retirement.

Getzo5
02-15-2012, 09:50
He just wants to be right about Tedenby being traded.Just like Jim wants to be right about him being Bergfors 2.0?

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 09:53
Jim wants to be right about anything.

I heard he had a debate on HF with some people about how Kovy was a liability yesterday, even though he scored three? I agree with Jim. Kovy may have scored, but he was soft and caused a few turn overs. I saw it happen right in front of me and they were facepalm inducing. Blind passes, shying away from hits, all that stuff. Was really poor form.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-15-2012, 09:58
No! Trade for Oduya!

lmfaocopter

I defended Oduya a lot when he was on NJ, but he'd be the 7th best defenseman at this point on this team. Not worth trading for him.

Jim wants to be right about anything.

I heard he had a debate on HF with some people about how Kovy was a liability yesterday, even though he scored three? I agree with Jim. Kovy may have scored, but he was soft and caused a few turn overs. I saw it happen right in front of me and they were facepalm inducing. Blind passes, shying away from hits, all that stuff. Was really poor form.

If you're looking closely, or harshly enough, you can find that stuff in any player. He was anything but a liability out there last night.

Dr. Doom
02-15-2012, 10:05
Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice
Patrik Elias said he texted with Marek Zidlicky last night and there was no mention of possibility of him coming to Devils or his no-trade.

For what it's worth.

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 10:10
I defended Oduya a lot when he was on NJ, but he'd be the 7th best defenseman at this point on this team. Not worth trading for him.

If you're looking closely, or harshly enough, you can find that stuff in any player. He was anything but a liability out there last night.

When you puss away from a hit, or stop skating towards it because the opposite team is going to try and go for it, you lose a lot of points in my book. He's a big body, he needs to absorb it. He did it on the first PP of the game. And he was lollygagging a whole lot too. Those plays happened on the boards in front of me, so I got a really good look at it, and it just didn't sit right.

In the playoffs, teams are going to do that a whole fucking lot and we can't have him shy away from contact in his own zone like that.

Wingman, you're right about Patty, he has done that a whole lot as well.

And Zubrus last night must have felt like he re-signed in Buffalo. He coughed the puck up to them for the Sabres first scoring chance of the night and then he scored on Marty to break the SO as well.

As for Patty/Zidlicky, that's weird. Why were they texting last night? The news came out this morning, so how did Patty hear of it last night? Unless they were just texting for no reason. Which is weird too, in the middle of the season your only brolo should be in your dressing room, not on other teams across the league.

vonbonds
02-15-2012, 10:14
When you puss away from a hit, or stop skating towards it because the opposite team is going to try and go for it, you lose a lot of points in my book. He's a big body, he needs to absorb it. He did it on the first PP of the game. And he was lollygagging a whole lot too. Those plays happened on the boards in front of me, so I got a really good look at it, and it just didn't sit right.

In the playoffs, teams are going to do that a whole fucking lot and we can't have him shy away from contact in his own zone like that.

And Zubrus last night must have felt like he re-signed in Buffalo. He coughed the puck up to them for the Sabres first scoring chance of the night and then he scored on Marty to break the SO as well.

As for Patty/Zidlicky, that's weird. Why were they texting last night? The news came out this morning, so how did Patty hear of it last night? Unless they were just texting for no reason. Which is weird too, in the middle of the season your only brolo should be in your dressing room, not on other teams across the league.

Isn't this the norm in sports today? Back in the day players were mortal enemies with each other. Today with the unions playing such a big role the players all appear to be on the same team and only opponents for 2-3 hours a day.

Dr. Doom
02-15-2012, 10:18
Elias on texts with Zidlicky:“He just asked how we played and I said, ‘We won.’ He said, ‘All right. Good. Keep it going.’ And that was it."

Interesting.

Big#D
02-15-2012, 10:22

I was amazed to see that Salvador has the highest +/- on the team at +11. How the **** does a PKer like Salvador have a +11 on a team that is barely even in +/-?

Getzo5
02-15-2012, 10:24
Elias on texts with Zidlicky:“He just asked how we played and I said, ‘We won.’ He said, ‘All right. Good. Keep it going.’ And that was it."

Interesting.Patrik, you`re the worst liar I`ve ever seen. :laugh:

I mean, what a firggen coincidence he texted with Marek yesterday. Like they talk to each other regularly. Zidlicky is not Havlat. Nice try Lou.

If the trade falls apart, it`s because his agent didn`t keep his mouth shut. Something`s cooking, that`s for sure.

Big#D
02-15-2012, 10:31
There's definitely something fishy going on. Zidlicky (or his agent) isn't just going to come out and say "I will drop my NTC to go to the Devils" out of thin air. The Wild GM must have asked him if he would drop it in a theoretical way or something. I have no doubt in my mind that in some way Zidlicky was asked if he'd want to play for the Devils.

Getzo5
02-15-2012, 10:32
Michael Russo @Russostrib Close
Zidlicky sounds like he thinks something could still happen today: "we'll see next couple hours. I'm here right now." #mnwiId

Color me shocked.

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 10:33
I was amazed to see that Salvador has the highest +/- on the team at +11. How the **** does a PKer like Salvador have a +11 on a team that is barely even in +/-?

He's steady out there. It took a few games to get his legs going, which is expected after a year off, but, he's really been a rock for the NJD on defense along with Volchie. This team, with Zidlicky is an 06 Carolina defense.

Classic Devil
02-15-2012, 10:35
It sounds to me like Zidlicky wants to come to NJ and by releasing his willingness to waive his NTC to come here, he's trying to induce Lou to make an offer.

vonbonds
02-15-2012, 10:38
It sounds to me like Zidlicky wants to come to NJ and by releasing his willingness to waive his NTC to come here, he's trying to induce Lou to make an offer.

I am down with this idea. Maybe this is Patty telling Lou to get him, he wants him...something as simple as that.

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 10:39

Yep. That's how I saw it as well. Which is great for Lou, because it gives him ALL the leverage over Fletcher. I wish it was Boulton and Foster. Or Janssen and Foster. I like Boults better than Jammer.

Getzo5
02-15-2012, 10:40
It sounds to me like Zidlicky wants to come to NJ and by releasing his willingness to waive his NTC to come here, he's trying to induce Lou to make an offer.Possible. But we all know he`s been on Lou`s radar. I mean, must`ve been. If the rumours are true, it`s all about the price. I`m sure Fletcher wants to get the most of it and is pissed off because of the leak of information. That`s something that lowers the price by a wide margin.

Hence the delay.

Big#D
02-15-2012, 10:40
I'm sure Lou has already made an offer. I'm thinking he's pressuring Fletcher to make a move and/or fucking with him to say he doesn't want to be there anymore.

If Fletcher doesn't like it, it may be the last thing he's willing to do is send him to the Devils and Zidlicky ends up elsewhere. I honestly think Zidlicky just wants out at this point.

bort
02-15-2012, 10:41
this poster has stated, numerous times, that lous MO is to get those lunchpail players.

the ones that show up in big games, during the stretch run.

optimism, im full of it.

candy, well im full of that too.

this bodes well for the future, especially in the nuuuuuu nhl.

just this posters opinion

Edited 13:40: because you dont want us...exposing ourselves

onefatsurfer
02-15-2012, 10:41
I realllllllllllly hope we don't give up one of our 2nds this year.

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 10:42
this poster has stated, numerous times, that lous MO is to get those lunchpail players.

optimism, im full of it.

Edited 13:40: because you dont want us...exposing ourselves

Expose yourself all you want, Bort. We welcome it.

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 10:42
I realllllllllllly hope we don't give up one of our 2nds this year.

Price would be cheap, I think, just to get rid of the guy. He's not even playing key points there anymore. Which is sad, because MIN sucks. So it's definitely a pause move. Like I said, he's a poor man's Lubby.

Big#D
02-15-2012, 10:43
Possible. But we all know he`s been on Lou`s radar. I mean, must`ve been. If the rumours are true, it`s all about the price. I`m sure Fletcher wants to get the most of it and is pissed off because of the leak of information. That`s something that lowers the price by a wide margin.

Hence the delay.

I can't see Flether being pissed that the info was leaked. Russo leaks everything in Minnesota before it's official. Lou would be more pissed about the leak than Minny.

bort
02-15-2012, 10:44
fletch lives?
ah **** him. and chevy chase.

onefatsurfer
we have no idea what is going on

onefatsurfer
chevy chase is awesome.

Getzo5
02-15-2012, 10:45

optimism, im full of it.

Edited 13:40: because you dont want us...exposing ourselvesI`m so glad to see you here. I will bookmark this post and it will keep me going through the darkest times.

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 10:47
fletch lives?
ah **** him. and chevy chase.

Ever watch Fresh Prince? When Phil and Will buy Jazz's apartment and get sued, Jazz has a list of complaints. Chief amongst those complaints, is Jazz saying "someone keeps making them damn Chevy Chase movies"

Big#D
02-15-2012, 10:47
we have no idea what is going on

i think that's the only thing we all know for sure.

bort
02-15-2012, 10:48
chevy chase sucks dinosaur balls. **** him. him and charles grodin should go bowling together.

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 10:49
I think uncensored Abo makes the world go round.

vonbonds
02-15-2012, 10:50
chevy chase sucks dinosaur balls. **** him. him and charles grodin should go bowling together.

LOL...+100. CC needed to hang it up after the Fletch movies. Grodin...lord knows when he last made a good one.

bort
02-15-2012, 10:51
you should see my ****

vonbonds
02-15-2012, 10:51
you should see my ****

Is it named Bort?

Clarkson Falls Down
02-15-2012, 10:52

I'm not saying that he is a perfect player or that he doesn't have room for improvement. He does have his bad moments. But a liability out there on the ice? That's absolutely ridiculous.

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 10:52
Chevy Chase rocks in Three Amigos.

Lip balm?

bort
02-15-2012, 10:54
Is it named Bort?

webster

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 10:55
Excuse me, but my **** is also named Bort.

bort
02-15-2012, 10:57
borts mom was a milf. sure she was uppity...and a cartoon, but id hit it.

onefatsurfer
02-15-2012, 10:59
three amigos and christmas vacation are two of my favorite movies of all time

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 10:59
I'm playing The Old Republic and there are some hot computer animations i'd bang. Man, I need a woman. Escort named Bort, preferably.

Back to Three Amigos. Together we..........rode off on the women! And we............raped the horses! And........we........cut.........the hedges............of many small villages!

WHO THE GELL ARE YOU?????

devilzrule27
02-15-2012, 11:05
I'm playing The Old Republic and there are some hot computer animations i'd bang. Man, I need a woman. Escort named Bort, preferably.

Back to Three Amigos. Together we..........rode off on the women! And we............raped the horses! And........we........cut.........the hedges............of many small villages!

WHO THE GELL ARE YOU?????

I know you find Cocothunder mad sexy, especially when he does his clothes-less dancing.

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 11:07
I like my Sith. I created her in the image of my perfect woman. I'll be on later this evening.

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 11:11
Yeo called Zidlicky a dirty Czech Fucker and that Slovakia rules the world.

bort
02-15-2012, 11:12
thats what i woulda done.

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 11:16
Might have called him a dirty sheep fucker, too.

Dr. Doom
02-15-2012, 11:34
Might have called him a dirty sheep fucker, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qVQcwnuBfU

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 11:38
Oh in that case, you bet your *** I would.

I love SWS.

Getzo5
02-15-2012, 11:48
Yeo called Zidlicky a dirty Czech Fucker and that Slovakia rules the world.That would make me like Yeo.

thats what i woulda done.Cheers.

Might have called him a dirty sheep fucker, too.Ugh, that`s how Czechs call us, fuckers.

I`m confused now. haha

Dr. Doom
02-15-2012, 12:27
Bob McKenzie
As per @DarrenDreger, MIN's Marek Zidlicky has waived his NTC to go to NJD. Doesn't mean deal is done yet but obviously in works.

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 12:36
Old tweet, from this morning. Nothing new to update, probably won't be done by Friday's game.

Dr. Doom
02-15-2012, 12:44
Old tweet, from this morning. Nothing new to update, probably won't be done by Friday's game.
Yeah, I found that out after I posted. I still think it is a done deal that this happens, it is just what is being sent back the other way.

Lord Ned Stark
02-15-2012, 13:15
Just sign Nash already

Dr. Doom
02-15-2012, 13:59
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello declined comment on the Marek Zidlicky situation -- as expected.

It's as good as done.

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 14:08
Why even ask Lou.

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 14:13
More than likely. I'm just surprised Lou didn't tag him with a Status Quo.

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 14:17
Fair enough.

Will Marek Zidlicky be at practice soon?

He's resting.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-15-2012, 14:17
I can't read Lou, nor do I try anymore. If it happens, it happens.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-15-2012, 14:18
lol he ACTUALY said he'd be happy with Tedenby + Urbom for Zids?

wow

guyincognito
02-15-2012, 14:22
lol he ACTUALY said he'd be happy with Tedenby + Urbom for Zids?

wow

That really could end up being more than they traded for Kovalchuk. :laugh: Considering Oduya is an easily replaceable salary slot.

devilzrule27
02-15-2012, 14:30
who said that?

Devilsfanatic
02-15-2012, 14:30
I'd trade Tedenby and Urbom, if it was for Clutterbuck and Zidlicky.

Cowbell did.

Big#D
02-15-2012, 17:42
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello declined comment on the Marek Zidlicky situation -- as expected.

It's as good as done.

Why even ask Lou.

I'm sure he was just doing his job. It'd be a mistake not to ask.

I imagine the conversation as going something like this:

TG: I'm sorry to bother you Mr. Lamoriello, but I'd be remiss not to ask if you had anything to say about the Marek Zidlicky rumours.
LL:
http://blog.nj.com/devils_main/2009/06/medium_Lou
TG: Thank you sir. That's what I thought.

*assumes that TG is polite and somewhat intelligent**
** despite reality.

jkrdevil
02-15-2012, 18:03
We are forgetting one underrated aspect of Zidlisky coming to the Devils. He can ***** to Parise for the next 3 months about how awful the Wild management is. :sarcasm:

onefatsurfer
02-16-2012, 07:57
that other board is making me lose my mind. so many morans over there

Dr. Doom
02-16-2012, 08:00
that other board is making me lose my mind. so many morans over there
why do you even bother with it? there are so many circle arguments over there.

Getzo5
02-16-2012, 08:27
Sorry OFS, but Kubina? Really? That makes you look like a moron who doesn`t know much about how other teams/players play.

onefatsurfer
02-16-2012, 08:50
I'm not talking about that.. I was talking about the idiots wanting to trade Tallinder

onefatsurfer
02-16-2012, 08:52
And I've always liked Kubina. I admit, I haven't watched him at all this year, but I think he'd be an upgrade over Foster, with the ability to keep our PP going while not being a complete jackass on the defensive end of things. That's why I was happy with the Zidlicky rumor.

My fascination with MAB is that he's a fantastic PP specialist, and I think we have the horses on the forward side of the puck to run 7 d and keep MAB (or Kubina, or even Foster) on the bench except for PP duties.

Getzo5
02-16-2012, 08:56
I'm not talking about that.. I was talking about the idiots wanting to trade TallinderOh ok, but still. I admit that I`m not a big fan of Tallinder/Greene either. I wouldn`t mind trading him if it means an upgrade (unlikely). I don`t think anyone would.

Getzo5
02-16-2012, 09:02
And I've always liked Kubina. I admit, I haven't watched him at all this year, but I think he'd be an upgrade over Foster, with the ability to keep our PP going while not being a complete jackass on the defensive end of things. That's why I was happy with the Zidlicky rumor.

My fascination with MAB is that he's a fantastic PP specialist, and I think we have the horses on the forward side of the puck to run 7 d and keep MAB (or Kubina, or even Foster) on the bench except for PP duties.There are many players I used to like (although Kubina has never been one of them), but not anymore and that`s my point. He`s not good at this point of his career, looks like older, less physical and slower Bryan Allen. We already have *similar* type in Fayne. Upgrade over Foster? Sure, but just like DATW said, no one wants to give up assets for that. Zidlicky is a different case, he`s underperforming solid PP/5on5 D. There is some potential, a reason to give up assets for...

As for MAB, I don`t see any chance of trading for him. Therefore it`s pointless to discuss about him anyway.

Dr. Doom
02-16-2012, 09:08
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/139447723.html

Zidlicky scratched for tonight's game

Clarkson Falls Down
02-16-2012, 09:13
We don't need Kubina. We don't need to get even slower.

Dr. Doom
02-16-2012, 09:16
Michael Russo @Russostrib
#mnwild source confirms no Zidlicky trade yet; this is a team decision, apparently mostly by coach Mike Yeo
Retweeted by Tom Gulitti

Classic Devil
02-16-2012, 09:29
Michael Russo @Russostrib
#mnwild source confirms no Zidlicky trade yet; this is a team decision, apparently mostly by coach Mike Yeo
Retweeted by Tom Gulitti

Zidlicky got scratched not because a trade is imminent (but it may be) but because if I were Minnesota's coach/management, I'd never allow him to play for my team again. The guy basically went out and blew up his own team's negotiating position by demanding a trade to NJ.

Dr. Doom
02-16-2012, 09:34
Zidlicky got scratched not because a trade is imminent (but it may be) but because if I were Minnesota's coach/management, I'd never allow him to play for my team again. The guy basically went out and blew up his own team's negotiating position by demanding a trade to NJ.
Which is going to get him what he wants, which is a trade.

vonbonds
02-16-2012, 09:40
Which is going to get him what he wants, which is a trade.

To Columbus! Not sure if I want someone who has gone viral in his own locker room.

Dr. Doom
02-16-2012, 09:42
To Columbus! Not sure if I want someone who has gone viral in his own locker room.
I doubt he would have a pour attitude her since he is friends with Patty. Oh and he has a NTC so he can choose where he goes. It's similar to how we got way less for Langs last season because it was limited where he would go.

vonbonds
02-16-2012, 09:43
I think the NTC's aren't quite what they seem. I bet most players change their tune when options are few and far between. I would be making Zidlicky ride the bus in the A personally.

devilzrule27
02-16-2012, 09:44

I don't have a problem with it. These situations are typically self contained. His problem is with his current coach. He's been fine in the past under guys like Lemaire and Trotz. Now if he had a history of being a malcontent then yeah I'd have an issue bringing him in.

Dr. Doom
02-16-2012, 09:44
He would be like Redden...doing nothing and collecting $4 mil next season.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-16-2012, 09:45
Many players have NTCs simply because they don't want to be ambushed by a trade. They like to get an idea that they may be traded somewhere.

devilzrule27
02-16-2012, 09:46
I think the NTC's aren't quite what they seem. I bet most players change their tune when options are few and far between. I would be making Zidlicky ride the bus in the A personally.

that would be poor asset management since you would have to waive him to do that. At this point they can still at least get something for him, whether its from the Devils or not.

He also didn't demand a trade to the Devils, just said he would go there. I'm sure there are plenty of other teams he would go to.

vonbonds
02-16-2012, 09:49
Poor asset management? Why show other players they can pout and complain their way out of town if things are rough. I am obviously talking tongue in cheek here but it is something I would consider. A 35 year old player with another year at 4M doesn't sound that valuable to me as far as trade worth and he has sabotaged the Wild GM as far as what return they might get.

devilzrule27
02-16-2012, 09:52
Poor asset management? Why show other players they can pout and complain their way out of town if things are rough. I am obviously talking tongue in cheek here but it is something I would consider. A 35 year old player with another year at 4M doesn't sound that valuable to me as far as trade worth and he has sabotaged the Wild GM as far as what return they might get.

something is better then nothing, no?

Also I don't think he has sabotaged anything. It's not a big secret that they've been trying to trade him. He has a NTC, he said he would waive it for a certain team. As I said there are probably plenty of other teams he would waive it for. He never said "you can only send me to the Devils." The options will be there for Minnesota. If they wait until the deadline, some team looking for a PMD will come calling.

Getzo5
02-16-2012, 14:51
Jim called him out, finally. Let`s wait.

Curious to see what he`s going to pull out of his ***. michaeljacksonpopcorn.gif

Clarkson Falls Down
02-16-2012, 14:56
The **** going on with the coupla posters now on HF saying that Zids would be a downgrade and wouldn't do anything is the exact type of senseless bullshit that everybody is sick of

'Wah we're stuck with Zidlicky for next year, what if he continues to suck (I won't touch on the he sucks part, that is silly)' LOU MOVED A RETIRED FUCKING PLAYER, how will he not be able to move Zidlicky if we don't like him

They complain our defense sucks but when we are potentially acquiring an upgrade, it isn't good enough especially considering how little we'd give up :laugh:

Because people irrationally expect for Lou to trade for Visnovsky (a total pipedream) or sign Suter (a total pipedream). People shouldn't expect stuff like this, just be happy if it ever happens.

That's why I'm so happy we lucked ourselves into Larsson. Top defensemen don't grow on trees and are very tough to acquire.

guyincognito
02-16-2012, 15:00
Jim called him out, finally. Let`s wait.

Curious to see what he`s going to pull out of his ***. michaeljacksonpopcorn.gif

You think you're going to get a logical straight answer? lol.

I haven't watched enough this year to know if he's washed up or not. Neither has anyone there. He did compare him to Andy Greene, which is kinda funny. Yeah, at 35 and on the way down he's possibly comparable to Greene.

The guy was a 10+ goal scorer and a 45-50 point defenseman. We don't have that.

Faulty logic abounds there.

Dr. Doom
02-16-2012, 15:26
I responded to his post with this and he decided to not respond to it.

Originally Posted by PuckHogs29
If we trade for Zidlicky now, we won't have options on July 1st.
What options on July 1st? Suter? Because if we can't keep Zach, there is a very slim chance we will land him.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-16-2012, 15:32
Many of them live in this fantasy hockey world where they expect to be in the running for every impact defenseman.

Lets not improve the team for this year because it hurts us on July 1!

Who the F cares right now about the summer?

guyincognito
02-16-2012, 15:43
They're going to be in for a shock when the season is over unless a serious white knight shows up. This is the best chance they have to make noise in the near future, if someone gives you something for free (if it works out that way), you don't say no.

Who cares what he gets paid next year, if he works out, that's great, if he does, you buy him out and take the dead cap space they need to be a deadbeat. The last couple of years, with the team spending money and going out and signing, has spoiled alot of people, it's not going to be that way this year.

Getzo5
02-16-2012, 15:48
Their self-confidence... that is what I found amusing. They trule believe what they`re saying. It`s sad actually.

guyincognito
02-16-2012, 15:52
The best part is the bi-polarness. "We don't need Parise, he said not enough people go to the games, and he mentioned the Rangers, **** him." "But how are we going to sign Parise!?"

Let's put it this way, when someone explains to me how a team owned by the NHL, thus taking money from other owners to operate, signs one of the most highly coveted FA's in an offseason, I'm all ears.

Lord Ned Stark
02-16-2012, 16:05
All they gotta do is make it out of the first round and he'll sign

guyincognito
02-16-2012, 16:09

I don't think it's possible and it has nothing to do with him.

vonbonds
02-16-2012, 16:11

He has a number he wants in his head. If we give it to him he stays and if not he goes. It is almost always about the money unless you are in a special situation.

Lord Ned Stark
02-16-2012, 16:19
You don't think it's possible for them to win a round?

devilzrule27
02-16-2012, 16:21
You don't think it's possible for them to win a round?

He doesnt think the Devils will have the financial means to sign him regardless of price or winning. At least thats what i think he thinks.

I don't pretend to know the Devils finances but I like to think we have the ability to re-sign him.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-16-2012, 16:21
no, we don't think its possible for them to come up with the $$

Lord Ned Stark
02-16-2012, 16:26
I like to think that he will stay.

devilzrule27
02-16-2012, 16:27
I like to think that he will stay.

high five

guyincognito
02-16-2012, 16:28
He doesnt think the Devils will have the financial means to sign him regardless of price or winning. At least thats what i think he thinks.

I don't pretend to know the Devils finances but I like to think we have the ability to re-sign him.

I expect them to go into the offseason owned by the league.

Lord Ned Stark
02-16-2012, 16:30
I expect them to go into the offseason with the see you pee

onefatsurfer
02-16-2012, 18:07
i still don't think the team's finances are as bad as you guys think

Lord Ned Stark
02-16-2012, 18:48
I don't get how they had enough money for a brand new arena and now all of a sudden they're like oh ****

vonbonds
02-16-2012, 20:28
I don't get how they had enough money for a brand new arena and now all of a sudden they're like oh ****

The arena is probably why they are having money issues. Aren't the Devils having a hard time refinancing their debt? Most of it must have come from the new arena building expenses.

guyincognito
02-17-2012, 05:31
The arena is probably why they are having money issues. Aren't the Devils having a hard time refinancing their debt? Most of it must have come from the new arena building expenses.

Bingo, and they're not paying the debt either, apparently. It's like when you don't pay your CC bills and now you're flush with cash. Which is why they can operate. Well, you can't do that forever. From what I've heard, the date has past already where they had to give their plan.
We shall see if that was true or not, probably pretty soon because they can't keep leaks down in this story. If they have no plan or their plan is not satisfactory, JVB is done.

Krinkle
02-17-2012, 13:22
The $$ thing is a funny situation. You have a partner who is unhappy and wants out, he's not going to keep paying the debt out of his own pocket that he's trying to get rid of - but for whatever reason he can't - be it JVB, the league, or the lack of a suitable partner that JVB is agreeing to - I'm not sure

Essentially it's like saying "Yeah I'm gonna sell this brand new car for 30,000 bucks, I paid 60,000 and have put down 20,000 on it, so **** off if you think I'm paying my next 20,000 down on it, when I can still only get 30,000 for it"

That's dumbing it down a lot I'm sure, and there's obviously other factors we are not seeing, but I assure you the problem is NOT "There's no money in the bank"

The money is there, but the people holding it just dont want to pay up right now

devilzrule27
02-17-2012, 14:22
Wild scouts at the Devils game tonight. Also scouts from 9 other teams. Have to think thats a big reason why Palmieri is in the lineup tonight.

Getzo5
02-17-2012, 14:27
I hope he scores some garbage goals (see: Boston game) then.

Devilsfanatic
02-17-2012, 14:31
I hope he has a nine goal game.

Dr. Doom
02-17-2012, 14:36
don't forget they will be scouting the ducks too

Devilsfanatic
02-17-2012, 14:37
They're in the NJ press box. Seems like everyone wants something from us.

Lord Ned Stark
02-17-2012, 15:28
i still think that goofy looking ************ has a lot of potential