PDA

View Full Version : GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 2/21/2012

Pages : 1 [2]

devilzrule27
02-21-2012, 19:11
Tao has a nice 3 game point streak and is a +7 on the year. Good work by him out there.

Devilsfanatic
02-21-2012, 19:11
They may have blown a few. they're still 22-2-2 or something, leading after two periods. Just sayin'

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-21-2012, 19:12
Radim Vrbata has 29 goals? lol wtf

Getzo5
02-21-2012, 19:15
Radim Vrbata has 29 goals? lol wtfJust one of those years. His career is all about ups and downs. Good for him though.

JimEIV
02-21-2012, 19:18
Tao has a nice 3 game point streak and is a +7 on the year. Good work by him out there.

He is terrible.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-21-2012, 19:18
Rich Chere @Ledger_NJDevils
Parise thanked Clarkson for fighting Phaneuf after hit to Devils capt. in first period. "That was awesome. Something you really appreciate."

Clarkson Falls Down
02-21-2012, 19:20
Once again was impressed with Harrold

It has been just 2 games, small sample size I know, but I seriously am starting to feel more comfortable with him than Foster

I felt more comfortable with him than Foster 5 minutes into the Monteal game lol.

guyincognito
02-21-2012, 19:21
The odd thing setting up with the Atlantic being 1-4-5-6 in the conference and the SE division leader being so weak. It may lead to a 2003 situation where one good team ends up in a bracket with 3 bad teams and all the other good teams are in the other bracket. Big incentive to win the division, it might end up being like a double bye unless Boston gets real hot.

Devilsfanatic
02-21-2012, 19:24
If they finish first and Toronto finishes eighth, that's trouble.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-21-2012, 19:25
I really just don't want to play Philly in the first round

jkrdevil
02-21-2012, 19:27
It is looking like either win the division or finish 4th in the division (for the 6th seed). If you are 6th that sets up the bracket to be SE winner, and if you when probably the Rangers (assuming Boston wins Round 1). If you finish 4 or 5 you have to play the other and then probably Boston.

devilzrule27
02-21-2012, 19:27
He is terrible.

you are terrible

Devilsfanatic
02-21-2012, 19:29
I'll take anyone at this point. Philly's goaltending will cost them the playoffs.

JimEIV
02-21-2012, 19:31
you are terrible

Yeah. I am.

Devilsfanatic
02-21-2012, 19:33
He is terrible.

Please explain why. This I gotta hear.

devilzrule27
02-21-2012, 19:34
Yeah. I am.

I know, that's why i said it.

guyincognito
02-21-2012, 19:35
Trying to explain this stuff to Bleedred is like Professor Frink teaching Kindergarten.

Devilsfanatic
02-21-2012, 19:38
Trying to explain this stuff to Bleedred is like Professor Frink teaching Kindergarten.

LOL, forget him. Forget that idiotic website full of idiots with their idiocy.

JimEIV
02-21-2012, 19:40
Please explain why. This I gotta hear.

He can't defend and he is terrible in the corners. He is completely out matched in every physical battle and that is not the type of defender to ever have on the ice.

Devilsfanatic
02-21-2012, 19:42
He can't defend and he is terrible in the corners. He is completely out matched in every physical battle and that is not the type of defender to ever have on the ice.

Sweet.

Also, the idiot Steve Kouleas says we play the 1-2-2 and the 1-3-1. Does this fucker even watch hockey? What a fucking joke. I angry tweeted him.

Big#D
02-21-2012, 19:46
we're only 7 points from our total of last year

and there is 23 games left lol

more importantly, the devils are 7 points away from the rangers with three games left to play against them. gotta win all the division games coming next month (11 total). the division lead is still within sight.

edit: see it was already covered by df

jkrdevil
02-21-2012, 19:46
Sweet.

Also, the idiot Steve Kouleas says we play the 1-2-2 and the 1-3-1. Does this fucker even watch hockey? What a fucking joke. I angry tweeted him.

I said it in the thread. For as much as the Devils get labeled a trap team, they are a horrible trap team. They basically have to pin the puck in the other teams zone

Devilsfanatic
02-21-2012, 19:47
Commander Shepard:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCuElaljqOV496FJR7idSga5EJ0C8IR fNpZsD_Q3QSvjiJHyRGq7d02V2V

Adam Henrique:

http://www.windsorstar.com/1997557.bin?size=620x400s

It's uncanny.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-21-2012, 19:47
There are way too many idiots in the hockey media. It's close between hockey and baseball for the most idiots (the baseball guys are more out of touch than idiotic)

JimEIV
02-21-2012, 19:49
That was supposed to read: not the type of defender I prefer to ever have on the ice.

Devilsfanatic
02-21-2012, 19:49
You're supposed to watch the game, not make blanket statements. I can't believe these people have jobs and I'm sitting on my *** with far more knowledge then them.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-21-2012, 19:51
There are way too many idiots in the hockey media. It's close between hockey and baseball for the most idiots (the baseball guys are more out of touch than idiotic)

I think baseball is worse. it feels like in baseball people are just too afraid with new theories whereas in hockey people are actually just dense

guyincognito
02-21-2012, 19:54
Meh, it's like the shittalking on Tampa, a team that I've NEVER seen able to play defense effectively for long stretches under Boucher.

The Devils fucking suck defensively. They've improved to that from stinking like a dump full of burning rotting skunk corpses.

JimEIV
02-21-2012, 19:54
Sweet.

I agree with what you are saying.

But in the last few weeks I have seen the Devils in a 1-2-2 more than a few times...

But I do agree to say they play a 1-2-2 is asinine.

Big#D
02-21-2012, 19:59
they had 2 guys forechecking for most of the night. i guess the new trap was trapping the leafs in their own zone and controlling the puck.

i do admit though that the devils defencemen did actually fall back when the leafs got possession of the puck. they had the gall to not let the leafs forwards sneak in behind them to get an open break.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-21-2012, 20:02
I think baseball is worse. it feels like in baseball people are just too afraid with new theories whereas in hockey people are actually just dense

It's two kinds of ignorance. In baseball, it's a failure to accept the newer (and better) stats that are out there to evaluate players. In hockey, it's just ignorance in the sense that people cling to the same biases they have held for 10-15 years about players and teams. Both groups are idiots lol.

And all teams run the 1-2-2 at some points. It's like saying that one football team is evil because they run the I formation.

jkrdevil
02-21-2012, 20:02
The third period it became a soft forecheck

Devilsfanatic
02-21-2012, 20:17
I agree with what you are saying.

But in the last few weeks I have seen the Devils in a 1-2-2 more than a few times...

But I do agree to say they play a 1-2-2 is asinine.

To say it's their style of play, is where I have issue. It's when they get into it that they get in trouble. The tying goal tonight, they were backing up on the play, it's what lead to trouble. It's the Sutter approach. Try and play it safe to avoid messing it up, bad news bears.

Tao Jones
02-21-2012, 20:18
Probably already been said but Jagr's goal tonight ties him with Joe Sakic for eighth for career points.

Without the lost lockout year and his time in Europe, Jagr could be in running for top 4 for career goals.

Devilsfanatic
02-21-2012, 20:21
Jagr's OT goal tonight makes him the active leader in OT Game winners with 16 or 17.

Lord Ned Stark
02-21-2012, 20:36
Meh, it's like the shittalking on Tampa, a team that I've NEVER seen able to play defense effectively for long stretches under Boucher.

The Devils fucking suck defensively. They've improved to that from stinking like a dump full of burning rotting skunk corpses.
Which is why come playoff time I'm glad to have a game breaker like kovy. He has never had an opportunity like this before and I pray to god he makes the best of it. I mean yes he's been in the playoffs before but he has seemingly found another gear with his line mates and has potential to do serious damage

VaxjoDevil
02-21-2012, 22:53
I'm watching the rerun of the last period now. Funny, LOTS of empty seats. Just sayin.

Devilsfanatic
02-21-2012, 23:00
I'm watching the rerun of the last period now. Funny, LOTS of empty seats. Just sayin.

Those guys are business people, usually. The Leafs are an institution, going for even a very limited time is prestigious. It's kind of like the MSG thing everyone is talking about.

VaxjoDevil
02-21-2012, 23:38
Wow, some drama. First wtf is Greene doing there on the tying goal? He is checking the view right in front of the goal and ignores the far post where it's pretty obvious the Leaf will go behind the net. Then, the gift from Gustavsson.

To me, Marty, a non-sucking third line and some luck is the main reason we are winning a lot. But with a normal goalie in the other net we lose this game.

Devilsfanatic
02-21-2012, 23:43
Wow, some drama. First wtf is Greene doing there on the tying goal? He is checking the view right in front of the goal and ignores the far post where it's pretty obvious the Leaf will go behind the net. Then, the gift from Gustavsson.

To me, Marty, a non-sucking third line and some luck is the main reason we are winning a lot. But with a normal goalie in the other net we lose this game.

Not necessarily. You never know what's going to happen. Maybe the five hole shots don't go in, but the Kovy chances do. I take it the way it goes, and not worry about any sort of hypothetical scenarios.

JimEIV
02-22-2012, 03:31

So everything turned out OK?

Edit: never mind, I read on the other thread.

ILikeItVeryMuch
02-22-2012, 11:59
I loved how many Devils fans were in Toronto last night.

Probably drives those snobs nuts.

Devilsfanatic
02-22-2012, 12:06
I loved how many Devils fans were in Toronto last night.

Probably drives those snobs nuts.

It's always like that for us over there. Or any visiting arena. It's a shame they have so many fans outside of the NJ area. I'd be a STH hands down if I had work down there.

Getzo5
02-22-2012, 12:17
I`d be a very active fan if I lived in NJ. Well, who knows, maybe one day...

onefatsurfer
02-22-2012, 12:41
It's always like that for us over there. Or any visiting arena. It's a shame they have so many fans outside of the NJ area. I'd be a STH hands down if I had work down there.

easy to say, much much harder to do, with the price of season tickets, tolls, gas, parking, food, etc. i have half of a season and go to a couple more games, getting a full season would make me broke

Devilsfanatic
02-22-2012, 12:43
easy to say, much much harder to do, with the price of season tickets, tolls, gas, parking, food, etc. i have half of a season and go to a couple more games, getting a full season would make me broke

Trust me, I'd do it. I'd get my parents to help me obviously. But I'd do it.