PDA

View Full Version : Zidlicky to Devils (Done Deal)

devilzrule27
02-24-2012, 17:25
Michael Russo ‏ @Russostrib Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Text from Kurtis Foster: just informed this second he has been traded back to the #mnwild

rather talk about this then the Devils game...

EDIT:

Tom Gulitti ‏ @TGfireandice Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Devils officially announce trade. It's' Foster, Veilleux, Palmieri and Washington's 2012 2nd round pick for Marek Zidlicky.

devilzrule27
02-24-2012, 17:32
Spector's Hockey ‏ @SpectorsHockey Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Looks like Zidlicky to Devils for Foster and a fourth round pick.

This works for me. And we kept Palmieri, could potentially use him as trade bait something else.

Vinnie
02-24-2012, 17:33
Meh. Adding salary next year is kind of a good sign ownership-wise.

Dr. Doom
02-24-2012, 17:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFGZufk4HFs
Just announced during the game. It's official.

devilzrule27
02-24-2012, 17:36
bigger price then expected...

Vinnie
02-24-2012, 17:36
TG:

Devils officially announce trade. It's' Foster, Veilleux, Palmieri and Washington's 2012 2nd round pick for Marek Zidlicky.

Why did we have to throw in a 2nd for a disgruntled player with a NTC?

Tom Gulitti ‏ @TGfireandice Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Wild also get conditional draft pick in 2013 in the trade.

lolwut.

Dr. Doom
02-24-2012, 17:38
Yikes, that was a lot more than I would have thought.

Big#D
02-24-2012, 17:38
wow, the devils got raped.

devilzrule27
02-24-2012, 17:39
Foster and veilleux are whatever, so it's basically Washington's 2nd and Palms for Zids. I think thats a bit much.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-24-2012, 17:41
As I said in the other thread. If the Devils are giving up Palmieri and 2 picks, Minnesota should have taken back Boulton (still a year left on his deal).

Dr. Doom
02-24-2012, 17:41
Foster and veilleux are whatever, so it's basically Washington's 2nd and Palms for Zids. I think thats a bit much.
I agree. That 2013 conditional is interesting too.

Big#D
02-24-2012, 17:42
Zidlicki is better than Foster, but he's not great. He's more of what we already have (2nd pairing type d-men).
Palmieri isn't great but he's going to be a NHL player.
Veilleux was/is an NHLer, even if he is borderline.
The second is a lot
and potentially a pick in 2013 as well.

All for a guy that wasn't happy in Minny.

VaxjoDevil
02-24-2012, 17:43
I guess Minnesota scouts were less impressed with Palmieri than almighty Trottier.

devilzrule27
02-24-2012, 17:43
I agree. That 2013 conditional is interesting too.

Better be a low pick. I wonder what the condition is.

Would have been happier if it was a 3rd round pick or at least the Devils second instead of the Caps.

Dr. Doom
02-24-2012, 17:44
Zidlicki is better than Foster, but he's not great. He's more of what we already have (2nd pairing type d-men).
The second is a lot

That's the thing, and he clearly wanted to go to the Devils. I have a feeling that others must have wanted to offer a good amount if we had to give up what we did. We better make a serious run in the playoffs.

devilzrule27
I guess Minnesota scouts were less impressed with Palmieri than almighty Trottier.

I don't blame them. He has not been good this year, at either level.

Dr. Doom
I'm not the same as others but I was not very high on Palmieri.

Dr. Doom
02-24-2012, 17:45
Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice
Elias, Sykora and Zidlicky are good friends. They went to Florida together with their families (and Zubrus & family) during all-star break.

I have a feeling Zidlicky will be happy in NJ

Clarkson Falls Down
02-24-2012, 17:47
All in all though, I'm not going to miss any of the guys going to Minnesota, and Zidlicky has 40+ point potential. And we still have a 2nd.

Really can't lose here IMO.

Getzo5
02-24-2012, 17:48
Roster player: Foster
Pick (norm): 2nd
Facepalm? Big potential my ***.
Veilleux? DATW might be upset. :sarcasm:
Conditional 2013? Conditions will not be met.

Quantity? Yes. Quality? Nope.

This is sellers` market.

I just know he`s going to pick it up. We really didn`t give up THAT much. Foster + 4th would be unreal. Move on.

devilzrule27
02-24-2012, 17:48
All in all though, I'm not going to miss any of the guys going to Minnesota, and Zidlicky has 40+ point potential. And we still have a 2nd.

Really can't lose here IMO.

True. If Zid plays like we know he can then I'll forget about everything we've given up. Make it happen Zidlicky, ease my mind!

VaxjoDevil
02-24-2012, 17:49
Yeah, I agree. We got quality for quantity.

Dr. Doom
02-24-2012, 17:49
I think the big part is he will be happy in NJ. We just picked up that offensive d-man we've needed and he is signed for next year. Lou knows this may be the year to make that big push in the playoffs and he did what he had to do.

Getzo5
02-24-2012, 18:00
Oh and someone please tell Cangi how to pronounce Zidlicky or I`m going to lose my mind soon.

Tao Jones
02-24-2012, 18:01
Zidlicky has only worn #3.

Probably gets Foster's #2.

vonbonds
02-24-2012, 18:15
The second is a lot

We aren't a Zidlicky away...what a crock of fucking ****. Lou is old and delirious now...sorry, just how I feel.

Dr. Doom
02-24-2012, 18:25
Lamoriello: “We had an opportunity to get an experienced right shot, puck-moving defensemen, who can also quarterback a power play."

Lamoriello: “We felt it was something we wanted to do and none of them (the players traded) are really playing regularly at this point."

Lamoriello said the team has "every hope" that Tallinder (blood clot in leg) will play this season, but didn't sound convincing.

Lamoriello said Jacques Lemaire, who coached Zidlicky in Minn, and Dave Barr, a Wild assistant last season, were consulted before trade.

Elias and Sykora -- good friends with Zidlicky -- were not.

Lamoriello wouldn't say if he was done trading before Monday's deadline. "You never know. If you can make the team better, you do."

Lamoriello said "in our opinion" Zidlicky is a top two defenseman he tried to get him when Nashville traded him to Minnesota.

JimEIV
02-24-2012, 19:05
I like the deal very much.

VaxjoDevil
02-24-2012, 19:05
Lamoriello: “We had an opportunity to get an experienced right shot, puck-moving defensemen, who can also quarterback a power play."

Lamoriello: “We felt it was something we wanted to do and none of them (the players traded) are really playing regularly at this point."

Lamoriello said the team has "every hope" that Tallinder (blood clot in leg) will play this season, but didn't sound convincing.

Lamoriello said Jacques Lemaire, who coached Zidlicky in Minn, and Dave Barr, a Wild assistant last season, were consulted before trade.

Elias and Sykora -- good friends with Zidlicky -- were not.

Lamoriello wouldn't say if he was done trading before Monday's deadline. "You never know. If you can make the team better, you do."

Lamoriello said "in our opinion" Zidlicky is a top two defenseman he tried to get him when Nashville traded him to Minnesota.

Say what one wants about Tallinder, but that is not good.

vonbonds
02-24-2012, 19:11
Say what one wants about Tallinder, but that is not good.

Blood clots aren't anything to take lightly. I am not worried about his hockey left this year but rather hoping he doesn't run into any complications.

JimEIV
02-24-2012, 19:13
I'd say the defense is better with Zidlicky.

The devils literally only gave up a second. Ponikarovsky and Bernier made Palmieri expendable.

VaxjoDevil
02-24-2012, 19:17

The devils literally only gave up a second. Ponikarovsky and Bernier made Palmieri expendable.

Excellent point.

vonbonds
02-24-2012, 19:24

I hear what you are saying but I believe in my heart this team is still in the early to middle stages of a rebuild/retool. Zidlicky is a here and now move and I don't think the Devils are more than a speed bump for many teams in the first round. Time will tell and I always hope for the best but I am not feeling it.

Dr. Doom
02-24-2012, 19:29
Forgot this earlier. Conditional pick is 3rd rdr that Wild only get if Devs reach 2012 conf. finals and Zidlicky plays in 75% of 1st 2 rds.

devilzrule27
02-24-2012, 19:29
I hear what you are saying but I believe in my heart this team is still in the early to middle stages of a rebuild/retool. Zidlicky is a here and now move and I don't think the Devils are more than a speed bump for many teams in the first round. Time will tell and I always hope for the best but I am not feeling it.

meh we have an extra second and Palms wasn't a fit with the club. And Zids is more then a rental in the fact he has another year on his deal. We didn't give up any good prospects and we still have all of "our" picks for the most part.

Dr. Doom
02-24-2012, 19:30
Elias and Sykora were understandably happy their friend is joining them on the team.

Elias said he'll pick up Zidlicky at the airport Saturday and give him a place to stay.

VaxjoDevil
02-24-2012, 19:32
The Sunday game just got a lot more interesting, huh?

Dr. Doom
02-24-2012, 19:34
DeBoer on trade: "It shows Lou’s belief in the group and what we have going here."

JimEIV
02-24-2012, 19:36

But the assets they gave up with the exception of the 2nd, which we had 2 of, would not be parts of rebuild. And our rebuild needs to happen on defense.

If Zidlicky doesn't work out you trade him next year...he'll be on an expiring contract and you'll no doubt be able to get something.

It really looks like a no lose situation to me...

Oh and how much do you love the fact the with all the "financial problems" Lou just added a 4 million dollar player?

VaxjoDevil
02-24-2012, 19:38
I heard something that the NHL could stop this because of the pre-payment but I think thats bullshit.

jkrdevil
02-24-2012, 19:40
If the NHL was going to stop it, it would have been stopped before the official announcement.

Also, let's not forget Phoenix, a team the league actually owns, just added a player that is making 3.75 million for 3 seasons after this one.

devilzrule27
02-24-2012, 19:40
If the NHL was going to stop it, it would have been stopped before the official announcement.

Yeah you know like the first Kovy contract. haha

VaxjoDevil
02-24-2012, 19:41

Beat me to it, lol.

jkrdevil
02-24-2012, 19:44

Beat me to it, lol.

Different situation. That was a CBA rule fight.

devilzrule27
02-24-2012, 19:46
Different situation. That was a CBA rule fight.

Same situation. Announced before league approval. That said I don't buy the whole league-money-approval thing.

Getzo5
02-24-2012, 19:47
Say what one wants about Tallinder, but that is not good.He`s most likely done for the year. I said this earlier this week. See: Fleischmann, even though his sickness was worse.

Tao Jones
02-24-2012, 20:07
So Zidlicky doesn't have to be Shawn Chambers for the rest of the regular season, but needs to be Shawn Chambers in the playoffs?

NJD 1995:

RS 21 2 5 7 +2 6 PIM

PO 20 4 5 9 +2 2 PIM

Tao Jones
02-24-2012, 20:16
Probably mentioned here or elsewhere but that's three NHL roster players for one coming back.

Haven't checked but capgeek should have NJD down to 48 players signed to NHL contracts.

Opens up room for further trades or signing Whitney or/and Perkovich to NHL contracts.

onefatsurfer
02-24-2012, 20:29
awesome. pick up a solid d-man who's exactly what we need, and gave up a bunch of scraps and a 2nd round pick. I would have preferred giving up our 2nd rounder instead of washington's, but what can you do?

veillieux is worthless with the forward depth we have. palmieri was decent but definitely hasn't progressed enough from last year to warrant keeping him much longer. foster was a salary cap dump. i'm bummed about giving him up because god forbid zid gets injured, we'll be in much worse shape w/ puck movement on the back end. all in all, i can't complain much about giving up any of these guys to get this deal done.

SLNP
02-24-2012, 20:37
Zidlicky for spare parts? I like it. They announced it on the big screen at the game, not a lot of reaction.

Basically we lost Foster and a 2nd. I'm happy with this.

Tao Jones
02-24-2012, 20:37
Late to the party, but Lou just traded two ex-Wild players to Minnesota in this deal?

Krinkle
02-24-2012, 20:53
I could give a **** who else was involved, I don't have to see Foster attempt to play defense anymore? FANFUCKINGTASTIC!

onefatsurfer
02-24-2012, 20:55
heh, and foster's the one piece i would have preferred not to give up for this playoff run

edit: i guess the 2nd had more value in a trade, so the 2nd would be better, but still..

Krinkle
02-24-2012, 21:04
heh, and foster's the one piece i would have preferred not to give up for this playoff run

edit: i guess the 2nd had more value in a trade, so the 2nd would be better, but still..

The only way Foster has value in the playoffs is if the only time he's allowed to even look at the ice is when we are on a power play. He's too much of a liability even strength.

doc e
02-24-2012, 21:22
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=44855747&postcount=421

guyincognito
02-24-2012, 21:38
That NHL GameGenie can make any trade work.

Darius Dangleaitis
02-24-2012, 21:38
I think we took on a little too much salary, but Zidlicky should flourish here.

devilzrule27
02-24-2012, 21:40
I think we took on a little too much salary, but Zidlicky should flourish here.

don't worry about Lou's cap

Devilsfanatic
02-24-2012, 22:21
When/if Tallinder comes back, THEN who sits? I doubt he's back at all this year. Salvador probably walks this year, leaving Volch as our only true defensive d-man.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-24-2012, 22:30
When/if Tallinder comes back, THEN who sits? I doubt he's back at all this year. Salvador probably walks this year, leaving Volch as our only true defensive d-man.

Tallinder's a defensive D-man. He has no offense in him.

I'm always a proponent of 7 defensemen.

Devilsfanatic
02-24-2012, 22:33
Tallinder's not a defensive d-man, not in a physical sense. That's a soft blueline with Salvy gone.

JimEIV
02-25-2012, 06:40
The more I think about this deal the more I love it...

Boston gave up a 1st and Colbourne for Kaberle last year. I see Zidlicky as a similar player. Even if Zidlicky doesn't work out you still have a movable asset next season. Hell Carolina gave Kaberle a bad contact and was still able to move him. Zidlicky would be a pending Ufa and much easier to move.

If Zidlicky returns to form it was an amazing deal for the Devils. If not, you recoup assets next season for him.

No lose situation and gave up nothing to be in this situation. I personally think it was a great asset management move and it also addressed an on ice need. That is all the components of a perfect deal to me.

Getzo5
02-25-2012, 07:15
Some people are still upset we gave up "that much".

Should`ve given up less of nothings brah.

roflmfao

JimEIV
02-25-2012, 08:11
I don't see how anyone could claim the devils gave up to much...3 spare parts and a second seems perfect.

I mean maybe it it could have been a 3rd that turned into a conditional 2nd...but you're really splitting hairs at that point.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-25-2012, 08:33
Maybe the Devils bring in another forward since they freed up 2 contracts in this trade.

Getzo5
02-25-2012, 09:50
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=44873269&postcount=589

TGfireandice: Patrik Elias was headed for the locker room before Zidlicky came out. He apparently has decided to stay on the ice a little longer now.

Here we go. #bromance

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 10:02
When Larsson gets back what are we looking at?

I'm feeling

Zids/Volchenkov
Greene/Fayne
Larsson/Salvador
I would say
Greene-Fayne
Volchenkov-Zidlicky
Salvador-Larsson

3 RH d-men, i'm down with that. I wouldn't have counted Foster because he was atrocious on 5v5.

If Tallinder comes back I wouldn't be surprised to see us roll with 7D. Why make a good defender sit when we have poor players on the 4th line.

Getzo5
02-25-2012, 10:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIJ_rAQbHPw&feature=player_embedded

jkrdevil
02-25-2012, 10:06
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=44873269&postcount=589

TGfireandice: Patrik Elias was headed for the locker room before Zidlicky came out. He apparently has decided to stay on the ice a little longer now.

Here we go. #bromance

Apparently Zidlicky and his family went on vacation with Elias, Sykora, and Zubrus during the All-Star break.

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 10:15
I forgot to say this earlier. This trade shows how the organization valued Tedenby compared to Palmieri.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-25-2012, 10:22
loving it

the poopoo platter and a 2nd, when we have two 2nds anyways? awesome

Big#D
02-25-2012, 10:48
I still think the Devils gave up too much for what I see as a second pairing d-man, but Lou is happy with it and he has Lemaire and Barr on his side, so it can't be all that bad. At least we'll get to see Elias, Sykora and Zidlicky all riding off into the sunset together in a couple years.

As for next season, honestly I wouldn't doubt if Lou decides to bring Salvador back for another season and he makes Tallinder the odd man out. Sal has stepped up quite a bit this season and given the Devils a lot of what White used to bring ... a steadying influence on the back end that you can count on to be solid 5 on 5 and on the PK.

Big#D
02-25-2012, 10:50
Maybe the Devils bring in another forward since they freed up 2 contracts in this trade.

By putting Boulton on waivers, it looks like Lou is definitely in the market for another bottom six guy and hopes to either move Boulton or put him in Albany if he can't find a team willing to take him for a low level pick.

Getzo5
02-25-2012, 11:00
I still think the Devils gave up too much for what I see as a second pairing d-man, but Lou is happy with it and he has Lemaire and Barr on his side, so it can't be all that bad. At least we'll get to see Elias, Sykora and Zidlicky all riding off into the sunset together in a couple years.

As for next season, honestly I wouldn't doubt if Lou decides to bring Salvador back for another season and he makes Tallinder the odd man out. Sal has stepped up quite a bit this season and given the Devils a lot of what White used to bring ... a steadying influence on the back end that you can count on to be solid 5 on 5 and on the PK.Good point, I think it`s possible, definitely.

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 11:06
While Salvador has played well this season, I think it would be a mistake to resign him. He is only going to get slower and we need to be faster on defense.

Tallinder-Fayne
Volchenkov-Zidlickey/Larsson
Greene-Larsson/Zidlickey

I really like that defense and it fits our system perfectly.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-25-2012, 11:10
I honestly don't see how you can say we gave up too much

who cares about Foster/Veillieux, they blow. Palmieri is alright but hes had his chances and didnt seem to be getting better to me

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 11:13
I've always said that Palmieri was never going to be more than a bottom 6 player. He was forced into the top 6 and would scavenge off other players. He was given every opportunity in the top 6 this season. I said it earlier and others said it too. The 2nd round pick is the biggest part of the trade and it being Washington's pick over ours makes it bigger.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-25-2012, 11:16
another thing to note is that we gave up 3 conracts and only took 1 back, so we have room for 2 more contracts

Big#D
02-25-2012, 11:24
I honestly don't see how you can say we gave up too much

who cares about Foster/Veillieux, they blow. Palmieri is alright but hes had his chances and didnt seem to be getting better to me

I think Zidlicky is a 2nd pairing d-man, like all the other 2nd pairing d-men the Devils have. He's a solid 3, instead of mostly 4's the Devils currently have, but he's still a 2nd pairing guy.

Foster is a 3rd pairing guy (more of a 6 than a 5, but still an NHL d-man).

To upgrade from the 6 to a 3, the Devils gave up a 2nd in good, if unspectacular draft, which will allow a team to draft what'll probably end up being another 2nd pairing d-man or a 2nd/3rd line forward.

They also gave up a prospect, who is risky, but has the potential to be a 2nd line RW power forward. He'll probably struggle his whole career because he's not bright enough to be more than a 2nd line guy, but he still has some value.

Vellieux is a throw in 4th liner / AHL leader type guy. He's worth a low end pick at most.

And the conditional third in next year's draft, which could end up being pretty good. There's as much chance the Devils make the ECF as any other team in the East 1-7. So it's a decent shot at having to give it up. What's worse, I think the odds of the Devils making it are not impacted much by Zidlicky being on the team as much as having 4 solid lines that can beat other teams.

I'm not going to be heartbroken about the Devils giving up these guys. They didn't mortgage the future for him. I just think they paid too much for a guy who I don't think is going to be a difference maker. I'll happily be wrong. I just think this trade looks really bad from the Devils perspective.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
02-25-2012, 11:34
but how many 1st pairing DMen are available? I don't know if ANY are

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 11:42
I'm not going to try to change your opinion because you are allowed to feel however you want. I feel like this is a great trade for a couple of reasons.

1. If Zidlicky returns to a 40pt d-man he is definitely a 1st pairing guy. Lou expressed how he felt Zidlicky is a top two d-man.
2. Foster was horrible. He improved the PP and that was it. There were games where he was on the ice for every goal against and not only was he on the ice but he was the person that made the mistakes.
3. In my eyes (apparently in Lou's eyes too) Palmieri is not a future 2nd line RW. He isn't skilled enough and he isn't smart enough.
4. Vellieux is a throw in and getting rid of him opens up room to sign more contracts for the team.
5. 2nd round pick is the biggest asset of the trade. I think this draft is deep, but some people don't. Maybe our scouts aren't too big on this years draft. Also, if Zidlicky returns to form it is definitely worth giving up the pick.
6. Conditional 3rd in next years draft is nothing. If we make it that far in the playoffs I could care less about this pick. If we make it that far it means we have a great chance we will make it far in the 2013 playoffs too. Also, if we make it that far in the playoffs it is 100% that Parise resigns and that 3rd round pick is definitely worth that.
7. Zidlicky is signed for another season too.

Devilsfanatic
02-25-2012, 11:48
I like that DeBoer basically said that Palmieri sucks.

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 12:01
I like that DeBoer basically said that Palmieri sucks.
What did he say about him? It feels like I missed it.

2011 IIHF World Championship Stats
Marek Zidlicky:
9 GP 1G 4A 5PTS 6PIM +6 1PPG 26SOG 3.85SG% 23.53 Min/Game

He had the most time played for the entire Czech team. They also won the Bronze in the tournament.

Big#D
02-25-2012, 12:03
but how many 1st pairing DMen are available? I don't know if ANY are

True. He's probably the best available d-man without destroying the team.

Don't get me wrong. I think Zidlicky will be a fine addition to the team. I just think Lou overpaid for him.

At the end of the day, they aren't my players and it isn't my money, so I don't really care. I just watch the team I root for. It's really not going to affect me all that much.

Big#D
02-25-2012, 12:05
Honestly I wonder why Minny didn't just say, "We'll take Foster, the 2nd and the conditional 3rd." You can keep Palmieri and that guy with the french-sounding name.

Devilsfanatic
02-25-2012, 12:06
Honestly I wonder why Minny didn't just say, "We'll take Foster, the 2nd and the conditional 3rd." You can keep Palmieri and that guy with the french-sounding name.

Because they probably liked Palmieri, Foster was a salary dump and not needed, and Veilleux, well, they've got familiarity there.

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 12:07
I can see why they would be interested in Palmieri. Minnesota doesn't have many forward prospects and even if he tops out at a 3rd line guy that is positive for them. I'm no so sure about Vellieux though. Maybe Lou just wanted to dump him.

jkrdevil
02-25-2012, 12:13

Marek Zidlicky:

He had the most time played for the entire Czech team. They also won the Bronze in the tournament.

He was handed a Top-6 job out of camp and played himself into Albany.

Devilsfanatic
02-25-2012, 12:13

Marek Zidlicky:

I handed him a top six spot and he played himself off.

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 12:14
He was handed a Top-6 job out of camp and played himself into Albany.

I handed him a top six spot and he played himself off.
So the truth :laugh:

I know Tedenby didn't play great this season while he was up, but he was never given the same opportunity Palmieri was given.

Devilsfanatic
02-25-2012, 12:28
Probably because Palm was RW, Ted LW. If Ted was RW and Palm was LW, then you might have seen a change. And the big body maybe had something to do with it too.

devilzrule27
02-25-2012, 12:34
Probably because Palm was RW, Ted LW. If Ted was RW and Palm was LW, then you might have seen a change. And the big body maybe had something to do with it too.

I think it did. Debo likes players with size, with Sykora coming in probably felt having Tedenby in the top 6 gave them too many small floaty type guys. I expect Tedenby to get a fair last shot next year once Sykora is gone.

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 12:37
I'm not so sure Sykora won't be back next season.

Devilsfanatic
02-25-2012, 12:41
Sykora should end the year with 15 goals. Might be the most for guys making under 700K not on rookie deals. Not 100% sure on that.

I love reading the "we overpaid posts" on HF. **** you, losers. No, you didn't. Just because you read 10 names, doesn't mean they're good names. It's quantity for quality.

Getzo5
02-25-2012, 13:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0kGPpS_TkI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ2R0ZAnOYs&feature=player_embedded

devilzrule27
02-25-2012, 13:33
I'm not so sure Sykora won't be back next season.

Well I hope he isn't And if he is I hope its not in a top 6 role. I love what he's provided this year year but I don't trust him for another year. Cheap is cheap though, can't argue with that.

Devilsfanatic
02-25-2012, 13:37
I hope Zidlitzky scores against the Rangers on Monday, that will be hilarious.

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 13:59
Well I hope he isn't And if he is I hope its not in a top 6 role. I love what he's provided this year year but I don't trust him for another year. Cheap is cheap though, can't argue with that.
I'm not sure how I would feel about it. I wouldn't mind a cheap contract again, but it's tough having him in the top 6 and he has to play with Patty to be productive. I'd like to see Tedenby get a chance next season, but I feel like for that to happen Sykora can't be on the team.

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 14:47
http://watch.tsn.ca/clip626380#clip626235

TSN's analysis. I'd take it with a grain of salt, because they sounded pretty dumb to me. One guy mentions that Nick Palmieri is Kyle Palmieri's brother. Not true (unless there is something that I didn't know about). Then DD can't stop mentioning how Lou has no money to work with, but for some reason has been making moves on guys like Foster, Poni, and Zidlicky :banghead:

devilzrule27
02-25-2012, 15:04
http://watch.tsn.ca/clip626380#clip626235

TSN's analysis. I'd take it with a grain of salt, because they sounded pretty dumb to me. One guy mentions that Nick Palmieri is Kyle Palmieri's brother. Not true (unless there is something that I didn't know about). Then DD can't stop mentioning how Lou has no money to work with, but for some reason has been making moves on guys like Foster, Poni, and Zidlicky :banghead:

All we've been doing is adding salary this year but yeah we have no money to work with...The requirements for being an NHL insider have never been lower.

And I know this may be heresy for some hockey fans, but for the life of me I can't stand Darren Dreger. I think he's awful, just a step above the faceless shitfucks on twitter. But thats just me.

Clarkson Falls Down
02-25-2012, 15:08
The Canadian media talking about the Devils? I think I'll pass.

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 15:18
wingman posted this on hf, figured i'd share

Ken Daneyko ‏@KenDaneykoMSG
@jimmytheice But I will say this again they gave up nothing that was part of Devils future except draft picks,!

Palmieri gets is from both Dano and DeBoer.

Dr. Doom
02-25-2012, 15:29
I wish Bobby was on msg for broadcasts

Clarkson Falls Down
02-25-2012, 16:07
It's a good podcast to listen to. Listened to the whole thing before.

Devilsfanatic
02-25-2012, 16:09
The guy talking that isn't Holik rambles too much for my liking. He loves hearing his voice. Let Herf talk more.

Devilsfanatic
02-25-2012, 16:38
It took him two minutes to get his opinion out and get Herf the question from the time it started. He's stumbling, trying to figure out his thoughts, and the question and blah blah fucking blah. Shut the **** up, fucky. I should try and ask Holik if he wants someone else to do it. Bobby, the Devils make a trade for Zidlicky, they got rid of pieces that I don't really think matter to the Devils. What are your thoughts on the deal? 15 seconds max. Not two minutes, for fucks sake.

guyincognito
02-25-2012, 16:42
Hopefully they gave Nick a minder, because god knows he ain't getting to Minnesota by himself.

He's basically a more sound (I mean Clarktard can't even read a drop pass), far less talented, dumber David Clarkson. But he doesn't punch people.

Devilsfanatic
02-25-2012, 16:46
I'm not sure how twitter works, but if you could somehow privately get in touch with Dano about working on something similar (a blog/podcast website) that would be pretty cool and I think it would be something he could be interested in

The fact that you are a PBP guy I think would certainly give you some credibilty to Dano and that you aren't some hack

He works with Talking Red Hockey, and I'll be in on their podcasts soon. But I suppose I could always give it a shot, I'd have to tweet him that I have a proposition, but that sounds dirty and he responds to my tweets with frequency.

Getzo5
02-25-2012, 17:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHLwvJTCMNE

Getzo5
02-25-2012, 17:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbIqU28cYDk

Getzo5
02-25-2012, 17:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuLDLN8CTVQ

VaxjoDevil
02-25-2012, 22:31
Lou has slowly but surely upgraded our defense, add Larsson to that and our D is not that bad anymore.

I disagree with Jim a bit on Taormina being terrible, but I guess time will tell.

Lord Ned Stark
02-26-2012, 01:54
its going to come down to whether or not he raises his play in NJ sort of like how poni has. all in all, anythings better than foster.

vonbonds
02-26-2012, 06:40
I hated this trade at first as I don't fell we are very close to a deep run in the playoffs. I have to say you all made very compelling arguments as to why it is a good trade. To put it simply I was wrong and you all are right. This board has high hockey IQ...apparently a lot higher than mine :laugh:

bort
02-26-2012, 07:46
i wonder how hed do paired with larsson. who i hope is returning for this game.

Getzo5
03-12-2012, 13:46
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/alice_cooper_lol.gif

Clarkson Falls Down
03-12-2012, 13:47
Typical, typical Swede

devilzrule27
03-12-2012, 13:47
hahahaha favourite thing ever.

Lord Ned Stark
03-12-2012, 13:48
I hated this trade at first as I don't fell we are very close to a deep run in the playoffs. I have to say you all made very compelling arguments as to why it is a good trade. To put it simply I was wrong and you all are right. This board has high hockey IQ...apparently a lot higher than mine :laugh:

same

Lord Ned Stark
03-12-2012, 13:51
im glad hes proving me wrong though

onefatsurfer
03-12-2012, 14:14
bleedred = id10t

whoops, meant to post this in the other thread, but w/e.

Clarkson Falls Down
03-12-2012, 14:28
He said something really stupid last night but I was high so I don't remember what thread.