PDA

View Full Version : The Party & Bullshit thread 3 - HFProblems

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

vonbonds
03-30-2012, 17:35
Wouldn't it make more sense to wait unit the real testimony comes out?

Duke Lacrosse twanna brawley mother fuckers?

I agree. Not saying he is innocent but we don't have all of the facts yet. Best to wait it out for due process to play out than go all Nancy Grace on this.

Devilsfanatic
03-30-2012, 17:38
I agree. Not saying he is innocent but we don't have all of the facts yet. Best to wait it out for due process to play out than go all Nancy Grace on this.

:laugh: ridiculous. So, you shoot someone and you should be free to be out of jail? He needs to be in custody, he SHOT somebody. Doesn't matter if you are getting beat up by a high school kid being a 200lb man. He brought a gun to a fist fight, and fired. He's not in jail. That doesn't trouble you at all?

selyar
03-30-2012, 17:40
When you and OFS settle down send me your address. My family is going to move across the street from you two. I can BBQ and you can make desserts!

haha sure thing

devilzrule27
03-30-2012, 17:40
:laugh: ridiculous. So, you shoot someone and you should be free to be out of jail. He needs to be in custody, he SHOT somebody. Doesn't matter if you are getting beat up by a high school kid being a 200lb man. He brought a gun to a fist fight, and fired. He's not in jail. That doesn't trouble you at all?

That I agree with. He should be held in custody. But I'm not willing to rush to judgment over whether or not he killed in cold blood or in self defence.

Clarkson Falls Down
03-30-2012, 17:41
:laugh: ridiculous. So, you shoot someone and you should be free to be out of jail? He needs to be in custody, he SHOT somebody. Doesn't matter if you are getting beat up by a high school kid being a 200lb man. He brought a gun to a fist fight, and fired. He's not in jail. That doesn't trouble you at all?

I couldn't agree more. This guy lied about getting beat up the kid when they showed video of him without a scratch. He's a liar. Lock this ******* up.

guyincognito
03-30-2012, 17:49
If you shoot someone and you can't initially be charged with even simple assault, something is broken in the system.

Wait for the facts, you already have a key fact, the kid was shot to death. And was unarmed. So you start with assault/assualt with a deadly weapon, take that to the grand jury and then "wait on the facts".

From a criminal justice perspective this is an utter disaster. Basically, holding off and all of these contradictory leaks have killed this case before it started. This is going to end up in civil court. It comes down to, who has what to gain from the leaks? Just my opinion that people who want to "wait for the facts to come out" don't like the current facts and want the goalposts moved.

Right now, what this case is telling me is that I can go down to Florida, and as long as I shoot the right person, it's okay. Sure I might end up in civil court, but that's like bleeding a turnip.

Devilsfanatic
03-30-2012, 17:52
That I agree with. He should be held in custody. But I'm not willing to rush to judgment over whether or not he killed in cold blood or in self defence.

multiple credible witnesses debunking Zimmerman's account of what happened is enough to let me rush judgment. That and the fact he assaulted a cop back in 05.

devilzrule27
03-30-2012, 18:05
If you shoot someone and you can't initially be charged with even simple assault, something is broken in the system.

Wait for the facts, you already have a key fact, the kid was shot to death. And was unarmed. So you start with assault/assualt with a deadly weapon, take that to the grand jury and then "wait on the facts".

From a criminal justice perspective this is an utter disaster. Basically, holding off and all of these contradictory leaks have killed this case before it started. This is going to end up in civil court. It comes down to, who has what to gain from the leaks? Just my opinion that people who want to "wait for the facts to come out" don't like the current facts and want the goalposts moved.

Right now, what this case is telling me is that I can go down to Florida, and as long as I shoot the right person, it's okay. Sure I might end up in civil court, but that's like bleeding a turnip.

Thats not even remotely true. Some people just don't care to rush to judgement when they only know certain things. People rushed to judgement in defense of the man at first. Then new facts came out and people are rushing to judgement against the guy. Something new could come out tomorrow to swing the rushing to judgement back the other way. Call me when the case goes to trial and all the evidence is presented. Then I'll tell you my verdict. This is why the court of public opinion is just as fucked up and busted as the actual courts.

guyincognito
03-30-2012, 18:16
Thats not even remotely true. Some people just don't care to rush to judgement when they only know certain things. People rushed to judgement in defense of the man at first. Then new facts came out and people are rushing to judgement against the guy. Something new could come out tomorrow to swing the rushing to judgement back the other way. Call me when the case goes to trial and all the evidence is presented. Then I'll tell you my verdict. This is why the court of public opinion is just as fucked up and busted as the actual courts.

It's likely never going to trial because of the above. If it does, there won't be a conviction of anything other than something minor. How do you even field a jury? "The court of public opinion" in these cases is often manipulation.

devilzrule27
03-30-2012, 18:17
It's likely never going to trial because of the above. If it does, there won't be a conviction of anything other than something minor. How do you even field a jury? "The court of public opinion" in these cases is often manipulation.

You bring in the Amish. Yup.

If it doesn't go to trial then oh well. Another failure for American justice, but that has nothing to do with the point of rushing to judgement.

Dr. Doom
03-30-2012, 18:22
sometimes you guys make me realize how little i follow the news

guyincognito
03-30-2012, 18:24
You bring in the Amish. Yup.

If it doesn't go to trial then oh well. Another failure for American justice, but that has nothing to do with the point of rushing to judgement.

But what are you waiting for, really? If you take this at bare minimum, two retards, one local, one visiting, got into a fight and one was armed and one wasn't. Armed guy shot unarmed guy. Pretty easy. There's your facts.

What mitigating factors are you waiting for, the rest of it is just the window dressing that makes up "the court of public opinion." That is ultimately decides what he gets charged with, I guess, but if he doesn't minimum get charged with assault with a deadly weapon, something's pretty screwed up here.

JimEIV
03-30-2012, 18:28
Sigh. You suburbanites judging a world you no nothing about make me sick.

I've lived like an animal. And when you live like an animal there is sometimes consequences.

Before I was was 17 I lost 3 of my closest friends. Two shot, one stabbed ....actually his throats was slit because he owed somebody 200 dollars. You have no idea what you are talking about. Every teen that dies in Newark, Paterson, Passaic was innocent according to their family. But unless you lived it, you have no idea what is going on and the rules the go with it.

I don't want to get into to this because I'm drunker than ****. But I'm sure I deserved to be shot many times.

When you meet in person ask me about the 5'' scar on my forehead from the baseball bat or look deep into my left eye and find the ungodly scar from the sharpened stick because I spoke to the police.

Tell me about justice and civil right please. I want to know about your fantasy world.

devilzrule27
03-30-2012, 18:29
But what are you waiting for, really? If you take this at bare minimum, two retards, one local, one visiting, got into a fight and one was armed and one wasn't. Armed guy shot unarmed guy. Pretty easy. There's your facts.

What mitigating factors are you waiting for, the rest of it is just the window dressing that makes up "the court of public opinion." That is ultimately decides what he gets charged with, I guess, but if he doesn't minimum get charged with assault with a deadly weapon, something's pretty screwed up here.

If I ever get charged with a crime and go to trial I am going to not let you be on the jury. You'll hear the opening statements and then have your verdict decided already...

What I'm "waiting" for, which is a dumb thing to say since my opinion on this whole thing is entirely useless, is any evidence I don't know about. All we know is what leaked, what the lawyer of the accused claims, and what the family of the dead says. I fail to see the problem with wanting to find out if there is anything that hasn't come out yet. I guess patience is a bad thing. **** if i know.

guyincognito
03-30-2012, 18:33
If I ever get charged with a crime and go to trial I am going to not let you be on the jury. You'll hear the opening statements and then have your verdict decided already...

What I'm "waiting" for, which is a dumb thing to say since my opinion on this whole thing is entirely useless, is any evidence I don't know about. All we know is what leaked. I fail to see the problem with wanting to find out if there is anything that hasn't come out yet. I guess patience is a bad thing. **** if i know.

"you" is a general "you", not a "you" "you".

This is a real simplistic case. I don't even think the local retard denies he shot the kid. Give me an appropriate charge, let him explain to me how he denies what he didn't deny before, and let's move on.

Or let the dumbass cop a plea to something and save everyone the time and money.

There is nothing complex about this, unless you try to overcharge him and you have to rise to the level for that. I went to school for CJ, this guy should be in jail, end of story. He shot the kid, he admits he shot the kid, he brought a gun to a fist fight, the end. Could care less about the window dressing
of race, who is a scumbag and who isn't, etc...

Devilsfanatic
03-30-2012, 18:51
There's no reasonable reason to shoot someone in this instance. Whether Trayvon was innocent of beating him or not isn't the issue here. I think it's widely accepted that Martin did not have a gun, so, why did this Zimmerman decide he needed to discharge a weapon? What did he THINK would happen if he shot someone? That they'd be OK, just wounded? Sure it can happen, and that would have been the positive scenario for this case. But it didn't, he shot and killed. At the very least, that's manslaughter, it's not first or second degree, but manslaughter. I guess you could say the gun was necessary if he was beat within an inch of his life, but, that didn't look to be the case either.

It's very simple for me, he shot someone who was unarmed, that carries at least some jail time, no matter what Trayvon did, unless, he was going to shoot Zimmerman first. I don't believe that was the case, so, he should be in prison for some time.

JimEIV
03-30-2012, 19:05
Yeah sure.

selyar
03-30-2012, 19:07
goodnight.

JimEIV
03-30-2012, 19:07
Ive seen people pull guns because someone stepped on their new shoes....pontificate more for me please.

JimEIV
03-30-2012, 19:08
goodnight.

Goodnight.

devilzrule27
03-30-2012, 19:08
they're grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rreat

Devilsfanatic
03-30-2012, 19:09
Ive seen people pull guns because someone stepped on their new shoes....pontificate more for me please.

And that makes it OK? They should be in jail as well. And probably were.

JimEIV
03-30-2012, 19:15
Different rules. Everybody knows them and everybody follows them.

Darius Dangleaitis
03-30-2012, 20:19
Just got my laptop back. My post will subsequently head to the moon.

Shows how spoiled we are by technology nowadays. Being without a computer for a ~month sucked big pendulous balls.

Devilsfanatic
03-30-2012, 20:20
:laugh: yeah, when I was in India, it kind of sucked, but then I had so much to do that it wasn't bad. If you keep busy, it's not too bad.

VaxjoDevil
03-30-2012, 21:05
Different rules. Everybody knows them and everybody follows them.

Did the rules include calling 911, like Zimmermann did before he shot him?

And did the guys you are talking about while condescending us suburbanites look like this after taking a beating?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VaXieC3o5g&feature=relmfu

The things about your childhood got nothing really to do with this case. If it was a tough gangland killing in a bad area, nobody would give a ****, and nobody would write about it. This is not that. This is some wannabe cop who was told by the Police to not follow the guy, still did and shot him. And then they just let him go, no problem.

Devilsfanatic
03-30-2012, 21:06
Did the rules include calling 911, like Zimmermann did before he shot him?

And did the guys you are talking about while condescending us suburbanites look like this after taking a beating?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VaXieC3o5g&feature=relmfu

The things about your childhood got nothing really to do with this case. If it was a tough gangland killing in a bad area, nobody would give a ****, and nobody would write about it. This is not that. This is some wannabe cop who was told by the Police to not follow the guy, still did and shot him. And then they just let him go, no problem.

Yep. That's another thing that pisses me off. That's on record that it happened that way.

devilzrule27
03-30-2012, 21:07
Fight fight fight!

Devilsfanatic
03-30-2012, 21:10
I wouldn't. Jim might just shoot Vax

VaxjoDevil
03-30-2012, 21:12
If everything went down exactly the same, but the kid that was killed was white and the man on the video was black, my guess is that he would have been arrested and charged.

But I'm just a silly liberal trying to feed race into everything. Or I'm not a cynical conservative trying to pretend that race is not an issue, anytime, anywhere.

devilzrule27
03-30-2012, 21:13
You don't know the half of it man. Straight up gangster.

VaxjoDevil
03-30-2012, 21:14
I wouldn't. Jim might just shoot Vax

Nah. Jim is cool. I think him and I should discuss politics over beers. None of us would change opinion a millimeter.

Devilsfanatic
03-30-2012, 21:15
Nah. Jim is cool. I think him and I should discuss politics over beers. None of us would change opinion a millimeter.

It's nice that we can all be buddies here and still fight :laugh:

We should have a FHC Devils meet up. It would be hoss.

VaxjoDevil
03-30-2012, 21:23
Today we were driving from New Brunswick, at Somerset Street, and there were people kind of running around a bit, the car in front of us stopped, a woman got out and ran to a body lying on the side of the street. I could not see that much, but I'm pretty sure that guy was dead. So, people were calling on their cells and I passed the stopped car slowly. It was kind of weird, because the guy's shoes were lying on the street, about two yards between them.

We finally pass, and a minute later the place is crowded with cops. Wonder if it was a shooting.

Dr. Doom
03-30-2012, 21:37
So I didn't win the lotto. Who would have thought? :laugh:

I'm ready for this job fair tomorrow. I have resumes printed. I have letters of recommendation printed. I did research on companies. I'm going to blow this company away that called me the other day. It just so happens that they are trying to limit their environmental impact and move towards sustainability. It's a good thing that a big part of my manufacturing class this semester covered moving towards sustainability.

My house also didn't have internet, phone, cable for a while earlier. It really sucked because I was in the middle of researching companies and I thought I was going to be fucked.

Dr. Doom
03-31-2012, 03:45
I can't believe I'm awake right now

JimEIV
03-31-2012, 07:08
I drank entirely too much last night. It's always the same "just one more".

Dr. Doom
03-31-2012, 11:23
On the train back from nyc. Maybe selyar and I will find jobs. Btw selyar your friend is cute. You should hook it up. She better not have a boyfriend.

JimEIV
03-31-2012, 12:15
Today we were driving from New Brunswick, at Somerset Street, and there were people kind of running around a bit, the car in front of us stopped, a woman got out and ran to a body lying on the side of the street. I could not see that much, but I'm pretty sure that guy was dead. So, people were calling on their cells and I passed the stopped car slowly. It was kind of weird, because the guy's shoes were lying on the street, about two yards between them.

We finally pass, and a minute later the place is crowded with cops. Wonder if it was a shooting.

Shoes off usually means hit by a car. An EMT friend mine was telling a story once and said everyone that struck by a vehicle loses their shoes for some reason?

Dr. Doom
03-31-2012, 13:31
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0e7xu8LHP1rnxgo7o1_500.gif

JimEIV
03-31-2012, 13:57
Excellent video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X49xdu1wGdo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Dr. Doom
03-31-2012, 15:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrB_XCpWtO8&feature=related

Dr. Doom
03-31-2012, 16:58
I don't care that the quality is crap. It's still hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSjM9ZYgW6o&feature=related

Getzo5
03-31-2012, 19:29
Worms Reloaded out now (in stores)! Can`t wait to play some good ol` Worms with my friends.

Dr. Doom
03-31-2012, 21:03
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz7okvjVUB1r5qiggo1_500.gif

VaxjoDevil
03-31-2012, 21:12
I ordered Jagr's brand today. 415 grams, thats unreal.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/combat-hockey-stick-52-caliber-round-sr.html

selyar
03-31-2012, 21:14
On the train back from nyc. Maybe selyar and I will find jobs. Btw selyar your friend is cute. You should hook it up. She better not have a boyfriend.

god. you were home so early. i literally just got in.

which friend? the girl with the goalie brother?

Dr. Doom
03-31-2012, 21:16
god. you were home so early. i literally just got in.

which friend? the girl with the goalie brother?
yup that's the girl ;)

what can i say, i talked to every company there except for the few that didn't apply to me at all. basically the banks, the IT places, and the grad schools.

selyar
03-31-2012, 21:23
yup that's the girl ;)

what can i say, i talked to every company there except for the few that didn't apply to me at all. basically the banks, the IT places, and the grad schools.

yeah she's a sweetheart. little old for you :P she's also a big devils fan, which is awesome.

i missed a couple that i wanted to see, but i was starving for lunch, and then i had other **** to do after that. we had a few hours to kill before the dinner too and we found like the cheapest bar in the city. i was not expecting $5 well drinks in nyc.

Dr. Doom
03-31-2012, 21:25
yeah she's a sweetheart. little old for you :P she's also a big devils fan, which is awesome.

i missed a couple that i wanted to see, but i was starving for lunch, and then i had other **** to do after that. we had a few hours to kill before the dinner too and we found like the cheapest bar in the city. i was not expecting $5 well drinks in nyc.
so every girl is either too young or too old for me. how old is she, 24?

hook it up!

selyar
03-31-2012, 21:26
jim that archery video was really cool. i didn't know it could be balanced like that. learn something new everyday!

selyar
03-31-2012, 21:28
so every girl is either too young or too old for me. how old is she, 24?

hook it up!

haha good guess. yes, she'll be 25 in a few days.

ok how about too smart for you? masters from perdue.

nah, i'm just kidding. yeah she's single, lives in jersey, still searching for a job after getting out of grad school. cute as a button. maybe come out to some SWE events...and i'll see what i can do. i don't know her too well. she's new to my section.

Dr. Doom
03-31-2012, 21:30
haha good guess. yes, she'll be 25 in a few days.

ok how about too smart for you? masters from perdue.

nah, i'm just kidding. yeah she's single, lives in jersey, still searching for a job after getting out of grad school. cute as a button. maybe come out to some SWE events...and i'll see what i can do. i don't know her too well. she's new to my section.
too smart for me? please :laugh:

single. devils fan. cute. smart. sounds good to me. this is something that will have to be worked on after i graduate.

what was her name again? i'm bad with names.

selyar
03-31-2012, 21:33
Carolyn

Dr. Doom
03-31-2012, 21:39
Thanks. I guess I'll have to go to some SWE functions then haha. Or maybe you could invite her to a Devils game ;)

Everything I want to say or do is inappropriate. I think I'm going to step away from the internet for a little.

Devilsfanatic
03-31-2012, 21:48
And I need the blonde.

Dr. Doom
03-31-2012, 21:49
And I need the blonde.
I actually haven't seen her in a while.

selyar
03-31-2012, 21:51
i'm actually hoping to recruit her to be on the executive board.

anyway, i heard that OFS's little sister beat the **** out of some dude. i'm so proud of her and worried sick at the same time

Dr. Doom
03-31-2012, 21:57
i'm actually hoping to recruit her to be on the executive board.

anyway, i heard that OFS's little sister beat the **** out of some dude. i'm so proud of her and worried sick at the same time
yes, yes, the master plan is working.

maybe i should be more afraid of ofs's little sister than him :laugh:

selyar
03-31-2012, 21:59
don't sneak up on her apparently. dude had a bloody nose and everything according to the 3rd hand story i'm getting.

Devilsfanatic
03-31-2012, 22:10
I actually haven't seen her in a while.

Make her re-appear!

selyar
03-31-2012, 22:25
why am i still up

Dr. Doom
03-31-2012, 22:27
why am i still up
i'm actually thinking the same thing. i didn't even take a nap after i got home. i have no clue how i'm not passed out right now.

selyar
03-31-2012, 22:29
seriously i woke up at 5.

Getzo5
04-01-2012, 06:04
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/16/article-0-0A66DEAC000005DC-289_634x905.jpg

Bernie Ecclestone`s daughter (on the left)

Didn`t know she was that good looking, what a smokeshow.

JimEIV
04-01-2012, 06:07
Heading to Ken Lockwood Gorge to molest some trout.

selyar
04-01-2012, 06:09
use protection!

JimEIV
04-01-2012, 06:09
Hopefully find some subvaria(Hendricksons) and paraleps (Blue Quills)

Getzo5
04-01-2012, 06:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgjmLSIxqmg

And Skoda`s marketing division is quickly becoming my favorite. Good stuff.

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 08:27
Winter is coming, at 9PM......

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 08:27
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/16/article-0-0A66DEAC000005DC-289_634x905.jpg

That girl in the right looks like someone that is in a bunch of facebook pictures with someone that I went to middle/high school with. I don't know who she is though :laugh:

vonbonds
04-01-2012, 08:41

Bernie has the look of pure evil. His daughter must take all after the mother...lol.

selyar
04-01-2012, 08:52
i'm still alittle shook up about what happened with rob's sister.

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 08:53
What happened to his sister?

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 08:54
What happened to his sister?
apparently she broke some dude's nose

selyar
04-01-2012, 08:55
she got attacked at Rutgers walking home from a party (alone! i wanted to kill her!!!!) and fought off the guy. they arrested him. she has a sprained ankle. he has a bloody nose

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 08:57
Crazy. Everybody has someone who was assaulted, even if they don't know it because a lot of victims don't share that information. Dating someone who suffered a sexual assault is even tougher.

selyar
04-01-2012, 08:58
Crazy. Everybody has someone who was assaulted, even if they don't know it because a lot of victims don't share that information. Dating someone who suffered a sexual assault is even tougher.

i can't even imagine.

i had someone come up to me in newark after a game, but i just got in my car and drove away before anything could happen. he was knocking on my car windows.

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 08:59
she got attacked at Rutgers walking home from a party (alone! i wanted to kill her!!!!) and fought off the guy. they arrested him. she has a sprained ankle. he has a bloody nose
you never said she was walking home. that is crazy. i assumed she punched the guy at a party.

selyar
04-01-2012, 09:01
yeah. she was stupid. she was at the party with someone, went outside to get some air, didn't feel good and just left on her own and didn't tell the guy she was with. i'm so glad she's ok

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 09:02
i can't even imagine.

i had someone come up to me in newark after a game, but i just got in my car and drove away before anything could happen. he was knocking on my car windows.

Always travel in groups. Hell, in Newark, I'd even suggest asking arena security to walk with you. Do they have that kind of program? I think all arenas

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 09:03
yeah. she was stupid. she was at the party with someone, went outside to get some air, didn't feel good and just left on her own and didn't tell the guy she was with. i'm so glad she's ok
any time a girl tells me she is going to walk by herself, i walk her home. that's not me trying to get some.

selyar
04-01-2012, 09:05
Always travel in groups. Hell, in Newark, I'd even suggest asking arena security to walk with you. Do they have that kind of program? I think all arenas should.

i was with rob, but we had taken two cars to the game and were parked like a block from eachother, so we walked together all the way till there and they i went to my car alone. he tried to come with me, but i told him no, i'll be fine. its like down the street. and he jokingly said to me, call me if you get raped. so then that happens and i call rob when i get away from the guy, and i'm like, well i wasn't raped but someone came up to me and whatever. he was pissed i didn't let him walk me back

selyar
04-01-2012, 09:06
any time a girl tells me she is going to walk by herself, i walk her home. that's not me trying to get some.

yeah, thats the thing, she didn't tell anyone she was leaving. the guy she was with would do anything for her. he's devastated he let her go outside alone. she just told him she wanted some air

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 09:06
The worst thing for me, with that girl was, I said the word raped, like, we were raped last night and she became real quiet real fast. I was like, what's wrong? And eventually she told me everything. Since then, I've tried not to use the word and wish TV shows wouldn't use it with such aplomb. It is a term used far too often.

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 09:08
The worst thing for me, with that girl was, I said the word raped, like, we were raped last night and she became real quiet real fast. I was like, what's wrong? And eventually she told me everything. Since then, I've tried not to use the word and wish TV shows wouldn't use it with such aplomb. It is a term used far too often.
I totally agree that culture is very insensitive about it. Sometimes as a guy you don't realize the things that women have to deal with.

selyar
04-01-2012, 09:09

yeah i never really understood the desire to use that word as like a nonchalant thing.

also, i heard someone say "i just miscarried" once, instead of like, oh i just **** my pants about being excited about something. not cool.

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 09:10
I totally agree that culture is very insensitive about it. Sometimes as a guy you don't realize the things that women have to deal with.

Yeah, and up until that point, I never really thought of sexual assault that much and how anyone you know could go through it. She let it go, to her credit, because she knew I wasn't insensitive, just uneducated about the subject. Even now when I'll say it, I'm like, whoops, didn't mean to throw that out there. I won't lie, once it gets into your repetoire, it's hard to eradicate it, so you really have to think sometimes.

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 09:11
yeah i never really understood the desire to use that word as like a nonchalant thing.

also, i heard someone say "i just miscarried" once, instead of like, oh i just **** my pants about being excited about something. not cool.

I've never heard that before, but it seems like a **** thing to say. Hell, my mom miscarried twice, and there are people here on FHC who have gone through it as well.

Gay is another term we use too easily, I try and get that out of my vocab too.

selyar
04-01-2012, 09:13
I've never heard that before, but it seems like a **** thing to say. Hell, my mom miscarried twice, and there are people here on FHC who have gone through it as well.

and it was like a week after my sister did. i wasn't sure if i was just overly sensitive about it because of that, but even now months later still seems like a shitty thing to say

Darius Dangleaitis
04-01-2012, 09:15
You know your job sucks when you're jealous of a Monday-Friday, 9-5 schedule.

I'm missing the GoT marathon an glorious Sunday afternoon hockey to sit in a dreary cubicle.

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 09:16
There's definitely a lot of stuff that people are insensitive about. You never understand why it's a big deal until you know someone that has dealt with it or until you have dealt with it.

Gay is a little different but you could definitely say it is something that is used improperly. Gay had a definition before it was used the way it is now. It is definitely used to hurt people though.

Like you, I try to get these things out of my vocabulary.

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 09:17
I have the GoT blu-ray so every day is a marathon for this me.

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 09:18
and it was like a week after my sister did. i wasn't sure if i was just overly sensitive about it because of that, but even now months later still seems like a shitty thing to say
it just isn't cool in general.

I'm missing the GoT marathon an glorious Sunday afternoon hockey to sit in a dreary cubicle.
i hope they are at least paying you well.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-01-2012, 09:23

Where/what do you work at

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 09:39
I just called my cable provider to order HBO since GoT is starting today. The guy said, no problem, it's free for the first two months. :laugh: that will take me until almost the finale. What a great start to the day :biglaugh:

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 09:41
It's in the Out of Town watch thread too :)

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 09:45
It's fake, but funny.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-01-2012, 09:57
Where/what do you work at

I work in sales support for a real estate company. We handle leads that generate from our website and hand them out to agents nationwide.

Naturally, with open houses and most people being off on weekends, they need us here on Saturday and Sunday.

I work 1-9, Sunday through Thursday. It's not fun.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-01-2012, 10:06
I work in sales support for a real estate company. We handle leads that generate from our website and hand them out to agents nationwide.

Naturally, with open houses and most people being off on weekends, they need us here on Saturday and Sunday.

I work 1-9, Sunday through Thursday. It's not fun.

I can only imagine how fun that job must be during football season.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-01-2012, 10:24
I can only imagine how fun that job must be during football season.

This year I got off lucky and was able to switch my days around and have Sundays off. I got promoted though, so this year they'll probably give me the "we need you here" spiel and I'll have to work.

I wouldn't have any problem with the job itself if it was Monday-Friday, 9-5. It's pretty interesting, actually. Just frustrating on a day like today to check Facebook and see everyone talking about day drinking and tv marathons :laugh:

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 10:36
Vaxjo, I don't know if you remember talking to me about going to Sweden and working there, but I talked to my friend about it. She had gone to Portugal and Norway and worked. The program is called Work Away and she said it wouldn't be hard to find one in Sweden. It looks like it is a real possibility in the fall if I don't find a job.

vonbonds
04-01-2012, 10:38

My wife had a miscarriage on our first pregnancy. It was fucking brutal to say the least.

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 10:53
Sorry to hear that, Von.

Want to see some crazy ****?

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/122/1222083/halo_mulitplayer_stats_1333253268.jpg

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 13:18
http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/138477/giada-stroking.gif

vonbonds
04-01-2012, 13:24
I find Giada so annoying.

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 13:25
I find Giada so annoying.
Extremely annoying. But she is still really hot.

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 13:26
My body is so ready for Game of Thrones tonight.

selyar
04-01-2012, 13:40
i have her cookbook. her food is good.

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 13:41
Rachel Ray sucks.

Dr. Doom
i have her cookbook. her food is good.
I would hope so, since she has her own cooking show :laugh:

Foodnetwork is one of my favorite channels.

Devilsfanatic
My body is so ready for Game of Thrones tonight.

I still can't believe I got HBO for free :laugh:

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 13:42
I still can't believe I got HBO for free :laugh:
Maybe I should try when I get back to vermont. How did you get it for free?

selyar
04-01-2012, 13:44
Rachel Ray sucks.

she doesn't really cook and she's pretty annoying

Getzo5
04-01-2012, 13:44
My body is so ready for Game of Thrones tonight.Can`t wait to see it... tomorrow. :/

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 13:45
Maybe I should try when I get back to vermont. How did you get it for free?

I called my CSP to order HBO and he said, lucky for you, we are offering it to you for free for the first two months. That should take me to episode eight. Then I'll have to pay 16.99 for episodes nine and ten :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 13:45
she doesn't really cook and she's pretty annoying

I thought that's who we were talking about when you said you had her cookbook.

selyar
04-01-2012, 13:47
I thought that's who we were talking about when you said you had her cookbook.

um how?

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 13:48
I called my CSP to order HBO and he said, lucky for you, we are offering it to you for free for the first two months. That should take me to episode eight. Then I'll have to pay 16.99 for episodes nine and ten :laugh:
I'll call to get it and then if they go to charge me I'll change my mind :laugh:

vonbonds
04-01-2012, 13:50
I have two favs on that channel. I LOVE Anne Burrell and have always liked Ina Garten. Of course Flay is great as well as a few others but I think Anne is amazing.

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 13:52
I'm making dinner tonight. I made a rub and put it on a london broil. It's marinating now. Hopefully it's good because my mom didn't really have many spices for the rub so I just made due with what I had.

selyar
04-01-2012, 13:52
i love anne too, but no one else seems to get it

devilzrule27
04-01-2012, 13:53
I want to thank adblock for brightening my day by replacing all ads with pictures of cats.

vonbonds
04-01-2012, 13:53
i love anne too, but no one else seems to get it

Your love for Anne? She is rough on the eyes (so is Ina) but I could careless when it comes to cooking but it does affect some peoples judgement. You are talented or you aren't. Cooking is a very simple game.

vonbonds
04-01-2012, 13:54
I'm making dinner tonight. I made a rub and put it on a london broil. It's marinating now. Hopefully it's good because my mom didn't really have many spices for the rub so I just made due with what I had.

Nice, we have no plans for dinner yet. I guess I am not grilling tonight.

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 13:56
um how?

All I read was your post about the cookbook, so I assumed it was her. I don't know anyone else.

VaxjoDevil
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/01/10963191-trayvon-martin-case-911-call-screams-not-george-zimmermans-2-experts-say?preview=true

Getting more and more interesting.

Dr. Doom
Nice, we have no plans for dinner yet. I guess I am not grilling tonight.
I'm planning on grilling and it just started raining :facepalm:

selyar
04-01-2012, 13:58
Your love for Anne? She is rough on the eyes (so is Ina) but I could careless when it comes to cooking but it does affect some peoples judgement. You are talented or you aren't. Cooking is a very simple game.

yeah i don't care what she looks like. her hair is stupid. but her food is crazy good and she really knows what she's doing.

Ina is good too, but i'm not a huge fan of her as a person since she turned down the Make a Wish foundation

vonbonds
04-01-2012, 14:00
I want to thank adblock for brightening my day by replacing all ads with pictures of cats.

Ha, it was their April Fools joke. Did you see what Google did? It was hilarious..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rznYifPHxDg

vonbonds
04-01-2012, 14:01
yeah i don't care what she looks like. her hair is stupid. but her food is crazy good and she really knows what she's doing.

Ina is good too, but i'm not a huge fan of her as a person since she turned down the Make a Wish foundation

That is a shame. As with most celebrities I am happy the less I know about them. I am glad I like Anne more than her then..haha.

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 14:04
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/01/10963191-trayvon-martin-case-911-call-screams-not-george-zimmermans-2-experts-say?preview=true

Getting more and more interesting.

He's innocent, no debate.

devilzrule27
04-01-2012, 14:04
Ha, it was their April Fools joke. Did you see what Google did? It was hilarious..

It needs to stay because it has made the internet more enjoyable by about 1000%.

Google's april fools products are always fantastic.

selyar
04-01-2012, 14:07

omg

go to the quest thing and zoom all the way in. they did street view too!

lol!!

selyar
04-01-2012, 14:32
on the phone with OFS

him: "i can't find the pool"
me: "haven't you been there multiple times?"
him: "well we were there friday but i got really wasted and i can't remember how to get back"

vonbonds
04-01-2012, 14:37
He's a keeper!

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 14:44
In Vxj, the local paper announced on its first page that the city would put a roof over the main shopping street, so people could go shopping more when it rains. Obviously, and April fools joke, but the article has like 200 super angry comments from fools, lol.

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 14:48
on the phone with OFS

him: "i can't find the pool"
me: "haven't you been there multiple times?"
him: "well we were there friday but i got really wasted and i can't remember how to get back"
sounds like he should get drunk so that he can find it again

In Vxj, the local paper announced on its first page that the city would put a roof over the main shopping street, so people could go shopping more when it rains. Obviously, and April fools joke, but the article has like 200 super angry comments from fools, lol.
did you see my post earlier?

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 14:50
Vaxjo, I don't know if you remember talking to me about going to Sweden and working there, but I talked to my friend about it. She had gone to Portugal and Norway and worked. The program is called Work Away and she said it wouldn't be hard to find one in Sweden. It looks like it is a real possibility in the fall if I don't find a job.

I checked the website, for Sweden the only ones looking for people seemed to be weirdos living in the middle of nowhere. You're going to end up being a sex slave in the basement for some deranged 63-old man. Just kidding...but not completely :laugh:

JimEIV
04-01-2012, 14:50
Awesome day fishing the subvaria hatch in the Ken Lockwood Gorge.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/2012-04-01_jim.jpg

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 14:51
Awesome day fishing the subvaria hatch in the Ken Lockwood Gorge.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/2012-04-01_jim.jpg

Is that you? Handsome.

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 14:52
Doom. Do some course here during a semester and screw around like mad.

http://lnu.se/?l=en

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 14:52
I checked the website, for Sweden the only ones looking for people seemed to be weirdos living in the middle of nowhere. You're going to end up being a sex slave in the basement for some deranged 63-old man. Just kidding...but not completely :laugh:
:scared:

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 14:53
Doom. Do some course here during a semester and screw around like mad.

http://lnu.se/?l=en
I could take english classes and probably do worse than everyone else :laugh: Or I could tutor the hot girls in class! I like that one better!

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 15:00
I could take english classes and probably do worse than everyone else :laugh: Or I could tutor the hot girls in class! I like that one better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp5lN0F4dDw

This is actually half cool.

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 15:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp5lN0F4dDw

This is actually half cool.
I need a job if I go there though. Maybe I can get a job working for the hockey team. That would be awesome.

JimEIV
04-01-2012, 15:05
Is that you? Handsome.

Yeah, that is is me. I'm real fat right right now but I'm going back on a diet and exercising starting tomorrow.

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 15:08
Yeah, that is is me. I'm real fat right right now but I'm going back on a diet and exercising starting tomorrow.

That's not "real fat" :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 15:21
Diet and exercising starting tomorrow. My favorite saying.

selyar
04-01-2012, 15:27
homemade chicken fingers in the oven.

what should i dip them in? and my roommates girlfriend is the crazy person who labeled the fridge

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/stephanieelyar/2012-04-01182619.jpg

Clarkson Falls Down
04-01-2012, 15:29
Honey mustard or Franks red hot

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 15:31
Honey mustard or Franks red hot
Agree. I see some Sweet Baby Ray's in there too. I'd add that to the list.

selyar
04-01-2012, 15:38
alright i made some honey mustard

i put some franks in it.

JimEIV
04-01-2012, 15:41
Diet and exercising starting tomorrow. My favorite saying.

**** you.

JimEIV
04-01-2012, 15:43
II have to go to a Game of Thrones party. How freakin ghey.

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 15:45
I downloaded that movie, watched one movie then threw it away. What a load of ****.

JimEIV
04-01-2012, 15:50
My wife just pointed out that about 1/3 of our friends are gay and I shouldn't say things like that. Everything I say is somehow inappropriate?

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 15:56
She is right, though. I have used that word in a derogatory way before I realized a gay guy was among us, and he looked pretty sad. I felt like crap.

JimEIV
04-01-2012, 15:57
I just got the sweetest email from this old man I fished with in Mexico. He told me I was the son he never had. It touched me so much. He invited me to come to his house and spend some time fishing. What a beautiful soul.

JimEIV
04-01-2012, 15:59
She is right, though. I have used that word in a derogatory way before I realized a gay guy was among us, and he looked pretty sad. I felt like crap.

But there is no malice in my words?

devilzrule27
04-01-2012, 16:03
I'm the minority here but **** Game of Thrones. Sure I have never seen it but whatever. DF likes it so it must be crap.

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 16:05
But there is no malice in my words?

Yeah well, I don't know. Ask the gay friends, sometimes they don't mind that much.

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 16:09
I'm the minority here but **** Game of Thrones. Sure I have never seen it but whatever. DF likes it so it must be crap.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1tmm4z6Ja1qctf80.gif

JimEIV
04-01-2012, 16:10
Yeah well, I don't know. Ask the gay friends, sometimes they don't mind that much.

I wouldn't talk like that in mixed company. Maybe that makes me a hypocrite, but it's true.

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 16:13
I wouldn't talk like that in mixed company. Maybe that makes me a hypocrite, but it's true.

Oh, it was in private with your wife? Then I say so many politically incorrect things I should be in jail. That doesn't count.

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 16:14

Says the guy with the Clemmensen avatar. Mine on the other hand, has three greats. Patty, Sykkie and me.

And you should watch it, it's the best show in the history of ever.

JimEIV
04-01-2012, 16:24
Oh, it was in private with your wife? Then I say so many politically incorrect things I should be in jail. That doesn't count.

Then I'm OK. Because I only say ridiculous things to my wife and on hockey message boards.

And after I've had too much tequila.

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 16:26
**** you.

I've tried to get fucked, it doesn't work.

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 16:35
Then I'm OK. Because I only say ridiculous things to my wife and on hockey message boards.

And after I've had too much tequila.

:cheers:

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 16:42
I decided to take the night off for practice on ice. I will watch some videos with this guy instead. It's pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RizOYZ8buGw

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 16:45
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzq2su5dW71qzf82ko1_500.png

JimEIV
04-01-2012, 16:49
Today has been such an awesome day. All of my friends are texting me pics of fish they caught. I'm telling you people, you've got to try this sport. The learning curve is a little steep, but once it clicks it is like the heavens opening up and passing you a note that contains the secrets to life. It is that magical!

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 17:14
Wonder if anybody knows this: I'm preparing tax papers for my accountant. Let's say I make a purchase with a credit card in December 2010, but the actual payment to the credit card is made in January 2011. Does this go into expense column in 2011 or not? I can never remember this.

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 17:15
chyeaaa she does

I know from experience dude if you know what I mean

No you don't.

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 17:19
chyeaaa she does

I know from experience dude if you know what I mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8-rGAM_KeA

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 17:25
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzd2udWgER1qzmrvpo1_500.jpg

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 17:38
Dinner was good. I've made better rub, but I was limited. My brother really liked it and asked how I made it though, because as he said "mom's steaks suck".

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 17:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59fPX4CAQwk
7 minutes

Big#D
04-01-2012, 17:57
II have to go to a Game of Thrones party. How freakin ghey.

My wife just pointed out that about 1/3 of our friends are gay and I shouldn't say things like that. Everything I say is somehow inappropriate?

I did that once, except that the person was a close relative of mine and they called me on it.

"What do you mean ghey?"
"You know, weak. Like a pansy. I thought you'd be able get it."

:shrugs:

I figure that if you don't want to hear the answer, you shouldn't ask the question.

vonbonds
04-01-2012, 18:00
I am watching GoT tomorrow so no spoilers please.

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 18:02
I am watching GoT tomorrow so no spoilers please.
might want to avoid this thread until then or i'll just throw warnings at the top of the posts. :laugh:

Big#D
04-01-2012, 18:02
Wonder if anybody knows this: I'm preparing tax papers for my accountant. Let's say I make a purchase with a credit card in December 2010, but the actual payment to the credit card is made in January 2011. Does this go into expense column in 2011 or not? I can never remember this.

If you were an business, it would go into the period in which the expense belonged (i.e. which period it was delivered, ready for use).

In your case, I'd go with the same thought. You actually had the goods and made the payment in 2010. It's not your fault they didn't process it until January (unless I'm reading what you wrote wrong). So, go with 2010.

selyar
04-01-2012, 18:05
http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/03/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-peanut-butter-cups/

oh dear. this is in the process of happening.

i'm doomed

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 18:06
If you were an business, it would go into the period in which the expense belonged (i.e. which period it was delivered, ready for use).

In your case, I'd go with the same thought. You actually had the goods and made the payment in 2010. It's not your fault they didn't process it until January (unless I'm reading what you wrote wrong). So, go with 2010.

I'm an LLC though, so it's then definitely what you say. That's cool, thanks a bunch.

Big#D
04-01-2012, 18:11
No worries.

The only thing that is different is in some personal expenses, if you receive the service in one year (2010), but don't pay for it until the next year (2011), it becomes a 2011 deduction.

Likewise, for businesses, even if you pay for something in the prior year (2010), if it relates to the following year (2011) that you prepaid (licenses, travel, seminars/conferences, etc.), it would be an expense in the following year (2011), and sit on your books as an asset (prepaid expenses / deposits) until it is used/consumed/etc.

selyar
04-01-2012, 18:48
they're done.

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 18:57
they're done.
pics?

ugh, i want more GoT!!!

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 19:00
I haven't seen the episode yet. Waiting for my best friend to finish work so that we may continue our tradition of excitedly talking about it together lol.

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 19:03
I haven't seen the episode yet. Waiting for my best friend to finish work so that we may continue our tradition of excitedly talking about it together lol.
I need moar!

Watch it so I have someone to talk about it with. haha.

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 19:04
2AM, if you're still awake :laugh:, or tomorrow.

selyar
04-01-2012, 19:05
pics?

ugh, i want more GoT!!!

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/stephanieelyar/2012-04-01220120.jpg

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/stephanieelyar/2012-04-01220212.jpg

they are mini muffin size. two bites, maybe three. there was a chocolate chip in that triangle impression in the bite piece

they are chocolate chip cookie/peanut butter filled

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 19:10
2AM, if you're still awake :laugh:, or tomorrow.
i might be away. hopefully not since i have to wake up early and drive to vermont tomorrow.

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/stephanieelyar/2012-04-01220120.jpg

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/stephanieelyar/2012-04-01220212.jpg

they are mini muffin size. two bites, maybe three. there was a chocolate chip in that triangle impression in the bite piece

they are chocolate chip cookie/peanut butter filled
omg. any way to get some of those to west orange by tomorrow morning? :laugh:

btw, i like the playboy in the background haha

selyar
04-01-2012, 19:14
haha i didn't notice that until i posted it. it's been sitting there for weeks. the guy who had the subscription moved out awhile ago. he was here a few days ago to meet up for the vegas trip that ofs is on and i tried to give it to him to take with him but he didn't want it. i'll probably toss it in the bathroom eventually

and unless you come get them, no, they aren't getting to west orange. haha

selyar
04-01-2012, 19:15
i used the back of a spoon to spread the bottom of the chocolate, which is why it's so uneven. i also didn't do a very good job tapping out the air bubbles. they're not perfect, but they taste good.

i also only had crunchy pb. so they've got peanut pieces in there too. mini chocolate chips would have been better to get more of them in but i only had regular ones.

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 19:30
lol tedenby the playboy mag is the first thing I saw in the picture :laugh:

What does that say about you Nicky? :laugh:

vonbonds
04-01-2012, 20:02
What does that say about you Nicky? :laugh:

Ugh, what does it say about me I didn't notice that until it was pointed out. I am ashamed to be a man now!

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 20:19
Haha, I'm having these gals over for my festival in Sweden. Except there will be 20 of them :thumbup: Not joking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7n9KU3Jm3w

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 20:35
Haha, I'm having these gals over for my festival in Sweden. Except there will be 20 of them :thumbup: Not joking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7n9KU3Jm3w
can i come?

Devilsfanatic
04-01-2012, 20:38
So, I like the Hunger Games and all, except for this love triangle crap. Harry Potter was never this. I am so grateful for it.

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 20:54
can i come?

Why not? I'm doing the festival with the hockey team on top of it. It's gonna be super cool.

I've asked them to sing this, and I hope they can sing the national anthem at a game, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do0nOquacEQ

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 20:58
When is the festival?

If all of you look like Josefson I may have a tough time picking up chicks :laugh:

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 21:02
When is the festival?

If all of you look like Josefson I may have a tough time picking up chicks :laugh:

Ha, believe me, we don't. Some of us look like Tedenby :laugh: It's sept. 9 to Oct. 8. Those girls will be visiting on Sept. 30th.

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 21:04
Perfect. Right around the time that I'd go to Sweden if I were to go.

Oh and my friend works for Delta and might be able to get me a buddy pass for a cheap flight. Unless she hasn't put anyone as her travel companion and I can have unlimited flights.

VaxjoDevil
04-01-2012, 21:10
That's cool, go for it. You will not regret going there, even if you go on a tourist visa for three months.

Dr. Doom
04-01-2012, 21:11
I tried to go to Sweden this past summer. It didn't work out because of work and some other things.

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-02-2012, 00:01
The motherfucking king in the goddamn titty fucking north

Vinnie
04-02-2012, 01:07
We had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun.

selyar
04-02-2012, 02:26
I don't wanna get up

selyar
04-02-2012, 04:35
Network down at work? oh darn

selyar
04-02-2012, 04:53
dammit, it's back.

how long are you guys going to let me talk to myself?

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 05:45
back to vermont again

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 05:47
We are waiting to see what you say next before we decide to jump in :). Coffee, here I come.

selyar
04-02-2012, 06:00
We are waiting to see what you say next before we decide to jump in :). Coffee, here I come.

can you get me one too? i'm about to curl up under my desk for a nap.

selyar
04-02-2012, 06:01
please tell me someone else watches this show.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-QGvaUgXME2o/T3lsOX8fnaI/AAAAAAAACnQ/TKCRLrZ6bIg/s492/big+bame.jpg

JimEIV
04-02-2012, 06:11
No more drinking for me (Maybe 1 once in a while ;) ). I'm on a quest to lose 30 lbs by my birthday (7/27)

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 06:22
Traffic on 280 to 287

selyar
04-02-2012, 07:07
oh goodie. Robs flight gets in at 11pm.

expect zombie steph again tomorrow.

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 07:26
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57407929/coast-guard-saves-yacht-crew-after-violent-storm/

Yacht racing has always been something I have enjoyed reading about and watching from time to time. It is the ultimate race against mother nature and this crew was lucky mother nature didn't swallow them whole like she does from time to time.

Even though I love auto racing I just noticed in my office I have 4 model sail boats & the Chesapeake lightship on display and only a single homage to auto racing (my brother got me a great print of Ayrton Senna in a JPS livery lotus from the 90's a few years ago). There is something majestic about boats and for me specifically sail boats.

Tao Jones
04-02-2012, 09:20
Anybody tried the Dogfish Head 75 minute IPA yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlZFIzcJsQM&feature=uploademail

JimEIV
04-02-2012, 09:37
I tried a 21st Amendment IPA yesterday. It was nice.

selyar
04-02-2012, 09:47
Anybody tried the Dogfish Head 75 minute IPA yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlZFIzcJsQM&feature=uploademail

can't see the video, but i'm partial to the 90 minute myself.

Tao Jones
04-02-2012, 09:54
can't see the video, but i'm partial to the 90 minute myself.

It's the 60 minute and 90 minute blended dry-hopped with Cascade hops and bottle conditioned with maple syrup.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10099/15758

JimEIV
04-02-2012, 10:12
Orvis is putting on Free Learn to Fly Fish class in May and June.

http://www.orvis.com/intro.aspx?subject=8249&ADV=117563&cm_mmc=orvisemail-_-12_03_29_FF101-_-01-_-BOD_CONTACT_TEXT

There are plenty of locations around the country that are participating -- Even 2 Canadian locations :)

selyar
04-02-2012, 10:17
It's the 60 minute and 90 minute blended dry-hopped with Cascade hops and bottle conditioned with maple syrup.

i'll look out for it. thanks

http://www.orvis.com/intro.aspx?subject=8249&ADV=117563&cm_mmc=orvisemail-_-12_03_29_FF101-_-01-_-BOD_CONTACT_TEXT

There are plenty of locations around the country that are participating -- Even 2 Canadian locations :)

i used to live down the street from a fly fishing shop.. i think it was called the Fly hatch? not sure. but that had a alittle patch of land next to the store where you'd see people trying out the stuff all the time.

JimEIV
04-02-2012, 10:22
i'll look out for it. thanks

i used to live down the street from a fly fishing shop.. i think it was called the Fly hatch? not sure. but that had a alittle patch of land next to the store where you'd see people trying out the stuff all the time.

That was a great shop, are you talking in Oceanport right? They closed their doors a few years ago I believe.

selyar
04-02-2012, 10:25
That was a great shop, are you talking in Oceanport right? They closed their doors a few years ago I believe.

Shrewsbury, right on 35. yes, it's closed now. i was only in there once, in 8th grade, when i got them to buy an ad for my middle school yearbook

JimEIV
04-02-2012, 10:34
They used to run outfitters out of the that shop and I've fished with them a couple of times...I heard after they closed they were doing an online business..But I can't seem to find them.

It is shame...Fly Shops can't stay in business. They are the epitome of the Mom & Pop stores that can't compete with the big boys.

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 10:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KwMK78idpA

This always makes me laugh.

selyar
04-02-2012, 10:42
yeah its always sad to see a local business go down.

there's one of these near where i live now.
http://www.lhwoodsandwater.com/

rob's been dying to go in there just to check it out

JimEIV
04-02-2012, 10:48
yeah its always sad to see a local business go down.

there's one of these near where i live now.
http://www.lhwoodsandwater.com/

rob's been dying to go in there just to check it out

I stopped in there about 3 years ago and bought a couple of shirts. They were having a Kayak demo outside in the pond so I stopped in. It was a nice place.

Getzo5
04-02-2012, 10:51
Ha, believe me, we don't. Some of us look like Tedenby :laugh: This cracked me up. haha

This always makes me laugh.Impossible not to laugh.

There are so many funny movie scenes that it`s tough to remember them all though.

selyar
04-02-2012, 10:51
I stopped in there about 3 years ago and bought a couple of shirts. They were having a Kayak demo outside in the pond so I stopped in. It was a nice place.

if you ever go back, the diner across the street had good bread pudding. :)

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 11:13
And this is why we need to wait for due process. This guy could be guilty as ****, who knows, not my place to speculate.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-case-video-shows-injury-george-zimmermans/story?id=16055412#.T3nqz-2x6ZY

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 11:19
Due process is him being in jail. Bottom line. He shot someone, doesn't matter if he was being punched. If you're in a fist fight and produce a gun and kill someone who is clearly unarmed, you're in custody until the trial absolves you. This did not happen, so as it stands, the justice system, as per usual, failed.

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 11:22
This cracked me up. haha

Impossible not to laugh.

There are so many funny movie scenes that it`s tough to remember them all though.

I like in Crusade when Sallah, and Indy's dad are peering over the edge to see if they can see Indy's body when they think he died and he crawls up beside them to look over and see what they're looking at.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 11:28

that sounds really good. i'll have to keep an eye out for it in the store.

do they supply equipment?

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 11:29
The smell of fish is putrid, so, no thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFXWQfEx-Jw

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 11:33
Jim,

Are you trout/fly fishing only or do you ever go for lake and pond bass? I love bass fishing but didn't get out last year which sucked.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 11:35
DF, what did you think of episode 1?

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 11:39
I thought the same thing as Oliver Twist. Please sir, I want more.

It was a bit disjointed, rushing to catch up to everyone and it was non-sequential in regards to the books. Shae is openly around for all to see, including being in the hand's chamber, which makes zero sense. Ros is Chattaya and the killing of the bastards isn't really shown in the books.

They've cut out patchface and Stannis' daughter and not shown why the red priestess is being taken as a new religion. They don't show it's Stannis' wife who champions this priestess to their cause. And the show was supposed to open with that with the comet and the maester trying to poison Mel.

Melissandre looks sexy as **** though and I want her. I liked it, but I didn't love it. Just glad to have it back on the air is the main thing.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 11:43
I thought the same thing as Oliver Twist. Please sir, I want more.

It was a bit disjointed, rushing to catch up to everyone and it was non-sequential in regards to the books. Shae is openly around for all to see, including being in the hand's chamber, which makes zero sense. Ros is Chattaya and the killing of the bastards isn't really shown in the books.

They've cut out patchface and Stannis' daughter and not shown why the red priestess is being taken as a new religion. They don't show it's Stannis' wife who champions this priestess to their cause. And the show was supposed to open with that with the comet and the maester trying to poison Mel.

Melissandre looks sexy as **** though and I want her. I liked it, but I didn't love it. Just glad to have it back on the air is the main thing.
We're pretty much on the same page. I think it will be less choppy once the individual stories progress. They just needed to intro where everyone was left off and where they are now.

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 11:45
I guess in their POV, it's tough to introduce a new character when so many are attached to existing characters. They also didn't have Tyrion mock Cersei about sleeping with Jamie and how he'd have tried if he knew she was open for business. She then slaps him, he catches her second attempt and says you have done it once, and know that if you try it again, there will not be another time.

They instead, ended up giving that piece of dialogue to Joffrey.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 11:52
I guess in their POV, it's tough to introduce a new character when so many are attached to existing characters. They also didn't have Tyrion mock Cersei about sleeping with Jamie and how he'd have tried if he knew she was open for business. She then slaps him, he catches her second attempt and says you have done it once, and know that if you try it again, there will not be another time.

They instead, ended up giving that piece of dialogue to Joffrey.
I didn't like the Joffery/Cersei scene or the Baelish/Cersei scene. All I have to say is moar Tyrion. I can't wait for Arya to be a badass.

selyar
04-02-2012, 11:58
so apparently i passed the cognitive skills and personality tests. they want another interview.

they told me to do them in the morning when you're most fresh and your brain isn't tired.

i did them exhausted on friday night before passing out. probably should have planned alittle better.

oh well. i guess i'm a smart and personable enough zombie.

oh and jon, i don't think i told you. PSEG cornered me at the dinner at asked me to come in for an interview with them too

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 11:59
Yeah, her scenes will be scene stealers I know how she is. I don't like anything with Daenerys so I had half a mind to FF that.

The baby killings were hilarious though.

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 12:00
so apparently i passed the cognitive skills and personality tests. they want another interview.

they told me to do them in the morning when you're most fresh and your brain isn't tired.

i did them exhausted on friday night before passing out. probably should have planned alittle better.

oh and jon, i don't think i told you. PSEG cornered me at the dinner at asked me to come in for an interview with them too

Great job, I hope you get it! I am also ignoring DD & DF's conversation as I am watching the episode tonight..LOL.

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 12:04
Ned comes back from the dead.

selyar
04-02-2012, 12:05
Great job, I hope you get it! I am also ignoring DD & DF's conversation as I am watching the episode tonight..LOL.

thanks! ;)

good news from a friend at work who is also looking

"i'm asking for 25% - 35% more and getting it.
So make sure you do the same"

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 12:09

!!!!!!!! so jealous! PSEG seemed to really like me but they weren't sure if they had anything open for me. i'm planning on taking all of the stuff i collected at the job fair, making profiles, and applying during class today and then later tonight. BAE systems seemed to like me too. I was pleased by the amount of manufacturing places that were there because that is where my internship experience is in.

Yeah, her scenes will be scene stealers I know how she is. I don't like anything with Daenerys so I had half a mind to FF that.

The baby killings were hilarious though.
I didn't mind Daenerys. Her story isn't going to be too entertaining until she gets to the warlock temple.

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 12:11
You ever like it sometimes, when you get up on that toilet, right, and you strain for like five hours and one little pebble chunk come up? Make you wanna stick yo head up yo ******* and say is that all the **** I'm gon' get muthafucka?