PDA

View Full Version : The Party & Bullshit thread 3 - HFProblems

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

selyar
04-02-2012, 12:12
!!!!!!!! so jealous! PSEG seemed to really like me but they weren't sure if they had anything open for me. i'm planning on taking all of the stuff i collected at the job fair, making profiles, and applying during class today and then later tonight. BAE systems seemed to like me too. I was pleased by the amount of manufacturing places that were there because that is where my internship experience is in.

yeah i need to follow up on a few places too. honeywell seemed to like me. i saw BAE talk to you for awhile while i was waiting for the Unilever guy (who was quite cute, btw...)

i never even unpacked all the **** i got. i still have all that stuff i stole from you in my purse. i really need to go through it all

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 12:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz_A6K9rSko

Big#D
04-02-2012, 12:21
Due process is him being in jail. Bottom line. He shot someone, doesn't matter if he was being punched. If you're in a fist fight and produce a gun and kill someone who is clearly unarmed, you're in custody until the trial absolves you. This did not happen, so as it stands, the justice system, as per usual, failed.

Why would you arrrest, charge and try someone if you know your case isn't strong enough to get a conviction and if you try and fail, he'll never have to serve time for the crime due to double jeopardy? Wouldn't it be better to build a case against the guy and have a strong conviction?

The legal system sucks, but these steps have a purpose. And it's mostly to prevent overzealous prosecutors from just trying anyone in hopes of getting a conviction, knowing that they could try again later. And honestly, if these steps weren't in place, I'm pretty sure there'd be a whole hell of a lot more young black men like Trayvon Martin in jail because some white lawyer took a chance and try to convict him on less than convincing evidence.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 12:21
yeah i need to follow up on a few places too. honeywell seemed to like me. i saw BAE talk to you for awhile while i was waiting for the Unilever guy (who was quite cute, btw...)

i never even unpacked all the **** i got. i still have all that stuff i stole from you in my purse. i really need to go through it all
what did i say about taking my jobs! :laugh:

BAE seemed like my best bet from what i read off them. I talked to Honeywell for a good amount of time too and she seemed semi interested. It was amazing how fast some people would look at your resume and talk to you though. I also felt like since it was aimed more for women, I wasn't really what a lot of places were looking for.

selyar
04-02-2012, 12:28
what did i say about taking my jobs! :laugh:

BAE seemed like my best bet from what i read off them. I talked to Honeywell for a good amount of time too and she seemed semi interested. It was amazing how fast some people would look at your resume and talk to you though. I also felt like since it was aimed more for women, I wasn't really what a lot of places were looking for.

i don't think thats the case at all. yes the companies send mostly women to these things to recruit because it's a SWE event, but an engineer is an engineer. BAE wasn't for me, but location is important to me now. even Honeywell isn't in a good spot. honestly i'm not sure any of them would help my commute. lol. its nice to feel wanted though

what do you mean you "weren't what they were looking for?"

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 13:57
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Y8VSwcgyrP4XWQ9sTtOJsw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-CA/blogs/the-juice-celeb-news/120402b_lisa_robin_kelly.jpg

Yikes

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 14:08
I just applied to some jobs. There's still a whole crapload left though. I think I'm gonna be up pretty late tonight between studying for the exam tomorrow, FE review, and applying to jobs.

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 14:12
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Y8VSwcgyrP4XWQ9sTtOJsw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-CA/blogs/the-juice-celeb-news/120402b_lisa_robin_kelly.jpg

Yikes

Holy ****! Drugs I assume?

JimEIV
04-02-2012, 14:15
that sounds really good. i'll have to keep an eye out for it in the store.

do they supply equipment?

Yes they do.

VaxjoDevil
04-02-2012, 14:20
I am reviewing my final tax papers. I see I have used the company card for some hockey equipment. Wonder if that can slip through as health service purchase?

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 14:26
Holy ****! Drugs I assume?

Spousal abuse, while probably on drugs. She looks insane lol

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 14:42
Yes they do.
Awesome. I might actually do it.

So when I said I applied to a bunch of jobs it was only 3 companies. Except one of the companies I applied for a bunch of jobs. Still more to go...

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 14:46
Awesome. I might actually do it.

So when I said I applied to a bunch of jobs it was only 3 companies. Except one of the companies I applied for a bunch of jobs. Still more to go...

Keep plugging away, you will eventually get what you want. I was hoping you were going to get that job in Conshohocken. I need Devils fan support here, I am surrounded by Philly fans.

selyar
04-02-2012, 14:46
And now ofs is delayed. Awesome
I'm taking a nap before I pick him up.
Screw this. I'm old. 11:30 is late

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 14:48
And now ofs is delayed. Awesome
I'm taking a nap before I pick him up.
Screw this. I'm old. 11:30 is late

If I am not home by 8PM then something is usually terribly wrong! LOL. Even when I am out with the guys on work boondoggles I am back in my hotel room by 10pm. I can't hang anymore, I just don't want to pay the price the next day.

selyar
04-02-2012, 14:54
I had to drop him off at the butt crack of dawn friday and now he's getting back mega late. I'm going to make something quick for dinner then get some rest

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 14:55
Keep plugging away, you will eventually get what you want. I was hoping you were going to get that job in Conshohocken. I need Devils fan support here, I am surrounded by Philly fans.
There is still a chance for that job. It was put on the back-burner because they needed someone to start right away and I am still in school. I'm going to try to apply for all of the jobs from the job fair tonight. I already found one company that didn't have the listings up yet, which is really frustrating.

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 14:55
I had to drop him off at the butt crack of dawn friday and now he's getting back mega late. I'm going to make something quick for dinner then get some rest

He is marrying well, you are taking this like a champ. Good for both of you!

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 14:57
DF, when is Jaime taken to Riverrun? I was on Westeros and someone made a good point that the story will be odd if he isn't taken to Riverrun.

VaxjoDevil
04-02-2012, 14:58
So, what do people think, should I buy a pair of PO tickets, or this?

http://www.skinnerhockey.com/shop25/item-detail.cfm?ID=SHO8000

That DVD collection is incredible.

Don't say "both".

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 14:59

Don't say "both".
Playoff tickets. Hands down.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 15:00
For that much money you can take power skating lessons.

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 15:00

Don't say "both".

That is really expensive. PO all the way.

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 15:01
DF, when is Jaime taken to Riverrun? I was on Westeros and someone made a good point that the story will be odd if he isn't taken to Riverrun.

Sometime after Robb goes onward to battle and Catelyn has to return to Riverrun after she meets with Renly and Stannis.

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 15:04

Don't say "both".

Both.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 15:04
Sometime after Robb goes onward to battle and Catelyn has to return to Riverrun after she meets with Renly and Stannis.
aight. they better not leave it out. i don't see how they could. they scare me sometimes.

VaxjoDevil
04-02-2012, 15:06
Hm. Interesting. I'm still not sure at all.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 15:07
Hm. Interesting. I'm still not sure at all.
I might know someone that would give you private lessons and might not charge too much since he just started teaching lessons. But I'd advise not doing the dvd thing if you want to do power skating and just take a class.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 15:11
Dishes time :(

I need a woman.

Getzo5
04-02-2012, 15:13

I need a woman.Or a dishwasher.

selyar
04-02-2012, 15:13

I need a woman.

No you need a dishwasher

Lol getzo

selyar
04-02-2012, 15:17
He is marrying well, you are taking this like a champ. Good for both of you!

I can't help it. I love the bugger

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 15:17

I need a woman.

Or a dishwasher.

No you need a dishwasher

Lol getzo

Technically you are all correct. My wife puts the dishes into the dishwasher. That is how the process works! :laugh:

selyar
04-02-2012, 15:20
I try to have him load the dishwasher but he does it wrong. He doesn't understand how to maximize the load. Sigh. Men.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 15:24
Or a dishwasher.
Aren't they the same thing? :sarcasm:

vonbonds
I try to have him load the dishwasher but he does it wrong. He doesn't understand how to maximize the load. Sigh. Men.

My wife and I have divided our roles like husband and wives did it back in the 1950's. I swear we didn't try to do it this way but she gets mad when I load the dishwasher wrong, put food in the wrong place in the pantry or leave our toaster oven on for 2 hours like I did yesterday (I hate that thing!). She terrifies me with anything that requires oil and gas or tools that can remove limbs.

So we are where we are out of necessity..LOL :laugh:

selyar
He's also really bad at estimating what container to put leftovers in

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 15:27
He's also really bad at estimating what container to put leftovers in

I know OFS all too well. When he gets home tonight tell him to hug his monitor, internet hug time for us!
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbz6r20Hb21qdqt4vo1_400.png

selyar
04-02-2012, 15:28
Aren't they the same thing? :sarcasm:

You won't get far at SWE events with that attitude. I thought you said you infiltrated the secret location of all the women....?? Last time you get an invite. :p:

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 15:30
You won't get far at SWE events with that attitude. I thought you said you infiltrated the secret location of all the women....?? Last time you get an invite. :p:

Ummmm...he might have been talking about something else......

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 15:31
I kid, I kid. Save Carolyn for me :D

I really did infiltrate the secret location of women though. I felt like James Bond.

selyar
Haha no that was the text I got when he walked into the SWE conference.

Dr. Doom
Seriously, I was outnumbered at least 100 to 1.

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 15:33
Seriously, I was outnumbered at least 100 to 1.

And you came home with zilch? Jim needs to teach you to fish son!

selyar
04-02-2012, 15:34
And you came home with zilch? Jim needs to teach you to fish son!

He was focused on job hunting and left before we all went to the bar. Lame. Right?

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 15:36
He was focused on job hunting and left before we all went to the bar. Lame. Right?

No kidding. Save lame for after kids, not before. Could he have hung out with that girl if he stayed with you? I assume yes...

selyar
04-02-2012, 15:37
Probably. I didn't see her after lunch but I had presidential duties to attend to. I'm sure she was around

He also turned down my invite to my lunch table. :p:

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 15:39
You guys are jerks haha. I was possibly going to see a friend when I went home and I was tired after getting 3 hours of sleep and being up since 6.

selyar
04-02-2012, 15:41
You guys are jerks haha. I was possibly going to see a friend when I went home and I was tired after getting 3 hours of sleep and being up since 6.

Not my problem you can't sleep.

There were even free drink coupons at the bar.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 15:44
Probably. I didn't see her after lunch but I had presidential duties to attend to. I'm sure she was around

He also turned down my invite to my lunch table. :p:
You mean your table with clothes over it. I sat at a real table and came back to chat with you :p

Not my problem you can't sleep.

There were even free drink coupons at the bar.
I don't know if you're ready to see me drink and definitely not in a professional situation :laugh:

selyar
04-02-2012, 15:47
You mean your table with clothes over it. I sat at a real table and came back to chat with you :p

I don't know if you're ready to see me drink and definitely not in a professional situation :laugh:

Yeah yeah whatever. We made like $450 selling that stuff.

And it's time to learn how to drink professionally. Some day you're going to end up on a work boondoggle.

Bar was fun. 1 free and $5 well drinks after. Yummy tapas.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 15:51
Yeah yeah whatever. We made like $450 selling that stuff.

And it's time to learn how to drink professionally. Some day you're going to end up on a work boondoggle.

Bar was fun. 1 free and $5 well drinks after. Yummy tapas.
I can't believe it took so long for me to notice the clothes :laugh:

I can drink professionally, but sometimes I just don't shut up.

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 15:52

Fix that ASAP! LOL.

selyar
04-02-2012, 15:52
Alright I stop busting jon. Time for a nap.

I'll be back later when I'm stuck in short term parking waiting for my man

selyar
04-02-2012, 15:54

The only other guy that came up to the table didn't get it either. Lol

Tao Jones
04-02-2012, 15:55
April 2, 2012

Mr. Chad Townsend

Dear Mr. Townsend:

Thank you for contacting me to share your views regarding the proposed Pebble Mine. I appreciate knowing your thoughts on this issue.

As you may know, concerns have been raised regarding the proposed Pebble Mine’s impact on the water quality of Bristol Bay and its salmon populations. Currently the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is conducting a watershed assessment which may become the basis for certain permitting decisions by the EPA for this project. This assessment is scheduled to conclude by summer 2012 and will be open to public comment. Please be assured that I will keep your concerns in mind should any related legislation on this matter be considered by the Senate.

Thank you for taking the time to share your views. Please feel free to contact me on this or any other matter of concern.

Sincerely,

John McCain

United States Senator

JM/ds

Just got another round of petitions from Robert Redford.

We're gonna stop this **** Jim.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 15:55
The only other guy that came up to the table didn't get it either. Lol
I got it when I took more than 3 seconds to look at it. I just wasn't paying too much attention to the sports bras and neon booty shorts :laugh:

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 15:57
Fix that ASAP! LOL.
I'm usually pretty shy, but you get some drinks in me and on a subject I can talk about and I'll go on for forever. I also don't have great volume control :laugh:

selyar
04-02-2012, 16:05
I got it when I took more than 3 seconds to look at it. I just wasn't paying too much attention to the sports bras and neon booty shorts :laugh:

You know you'd want your lady wearing integrals on her bum. Don't lie.

I'm usually pretty shy, but you get some drinks in me and on a subject I can talk about and I'll go on for forever. I also don't have great volume control :laugh:

At least you realize these things and can work on them.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 16:09
You know you'd want your lady wearing integrals on her bum. Don't lie.

At least you realize these things and can work on them.
I'd rather they be on the floor :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 16:18
They allow women to vote now? First I'm hearing about this.

Tao Jones
04-02-2012, 16:20
So 1702 twitted and fbed their new tap selections, but withheld Sierra Nevada Hoptimum and Dogfish Head World Wide Stout.

I wasn't prepared, so I went for Oskar Blues Deviant Dale's which is comparable to FW Union Jack, before I looked at the entire tap list.

I enjoyed the Hoptimum, but I would probably get Odell Myrcenary or DfH 90m for a buck less a 4-pack. Still love Green Flash Imperial IPA, even more than their Palate Wrecker which costs more.

Total Wine said they are expecting Hoptimum this week, but I've had my taste til next year's batch. They had DfH WWS for $8.99/12 oz. bottle, which is a buck less than last year. I asked about the DfH 75m, and they had it by request only, one bottle per customer for $8.99/22 oz. minus the $1 off coupon. That one will have to wait until tomorrow after tutoring and getting home in time for the end of the second periods of the Islanders, Elmira, and Kalamazoo games.

Yeah, I'm buzzed.

JimEIV
04-02-2012, 16:37
April 2, 2012

Mr. Chad Townsend

Dear Mr. Townsend:

Thank you for contacting me to share your views regarding the proposed Pebble Mine. I appreciate knowing your thoughts on this issue.

As you may know, concerns have been raised regarding the proposed Pebble Mine’s impact on the water quality of Bristol Bay and its salmon populations. Currently the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is conducting a watershed assessment which may become the basis for certain permitting decisions by the EPA for this project. This assessment is scheduled to conclude by summer 2012 and will be open to public comment. Please be assured that I will keep your concerns in mind should any related legislation on this matter be considered by the Senate.

Thank you for taking the time to share your views. Please feel free to contact me on this or any other matter of concern.

Sincerely,

John McCain

United States Senator

JM/ds

Just got another round of petitions from Robert Redford.

We're gonna stop this **** Jim.

YEAH!!! So awesome of you! Thanks so much! The greatest tragedy we can bestow on the future generations is not preserving our wild places. If I believe anything, I believe that with all my heart. Enough of that soapbox stuff...Thank you!

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 16:48
I have a monster headache right now. It probably has to do with the stupid exam I have tomorrow.

JimEIV
04-02-2012, 16:48
Have a drink.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 16:51
Have a drink.
I'd love to but I have too much to do tonight. Study, FE review and applying online for jobs. I hate applying online for jobs.

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 16:52
Online apps blow big time. It takes away the human element of job hunting. I'm limited in that.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 16:54
Online apps blow big time. It takes away the human element of job hunting. I'm limited in that.
Tell me about it. I go to these job fairs and give them a resume, but you still have to officially apply online. It is stupid as ****.

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 16:57
There are hardly every any job fairs in broadcasting and it's always who you know. If you have a contact somewhere it's the only way you even get a hello.

JimEIV
04-02-2012, 17:06
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r166/JimEIV/photobucket-1855-1333411238147.jpg

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 17:38
Totally shopped...he never went to high school :sarcasm:

Big#D
04-02-2012, 18:18

My wife complains that I put the dishes on the counter right above the dishwasher. It's not as much as she'd like to think, but it really is funny. Most times it's because the dishwasher is clean and I don't want to empty it.

But the loading the dishwasher correctly isn't a man thing. It's a spatial thing. My wife can't organize spaces worth crap. When the dishwasher is full and we still have some dishes to fit, it's me that pulls things out and rearranges them. And I'm the one who puts the groceries in the bins at the grocery stores because the people there are incompetent and my wife's view is, "You can do it better and a lot faster than I can, so I just stay out of your way."

JimEIV
04-02-2012, 18:26
Married men master how to play stupid so they don't have to do stuff...1 cup of bleach in colored clothes and you never have to wash clothes again!

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 18:37
Married men master how to play stupid so they don't have to do stuff...1 cup of bleach in colored clothes and you never have to wash clothes again!
I don't even have to play stupid. I just am :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 18:40

Smart men do that. I've done that kinda stuff to get out of mowing lawns and shoveling snow.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 18:42
I just finished applying for jobs. Some companies didn't even have the listings on their website yet. Hopefully the fact that they have a hard copy of my resume helps. I also emailed the people that gave me their email address/business card.

Now all there is to do is wait and pray.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyqv8e7sT21rn040oo1_500.gif

Vinnie
04-02-2012, 18:56
Hmmmmm. Episode 2 of GoT just showed up on my torrent site.

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 18:57
Hmmmmm. Episode 2 of GoT just showed up on my torrent site.

People have seen it, so, it is possible that some reviewer lost their grip on it.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 18:58
I don't know if I could watch it. It would mean a 2 week wait for episode 3.

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 19:02
It's real. I'm gon' watch it today and again on Sunday.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 19:06
It's real. I'm gon' watch it today and again on Sunday.
:scared: i don't know what to do! give it to me :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 19:06
:scared: i don't know what to do! give it to me :laugh:

You should watch it. It's an HBOgo UK release so it's conceivable that the US version will get one too later on.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 19:08
You should watch it. It's an HBOgo UK release so it's conceivable that the US version will get one too later on.
link please

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 19:16
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7154879/Game_of_Thrones_S02E02_WEBRip_XviD-3LT0N%5Bettv%5D

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 19:18
thank you, hopefully it works. i was downloading a different one that had a bigger file size, so i deleted it.

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 19:23
This is standard def. The other might be HD. I have an HD version that I got from usenet services which was a gig.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 19:24
This is standard def. The other might be HD. I have an HD version that I got from usenet services which was a gig.
I think the other was HD. It was about a gig. Whatever SD is fine.

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 19:25
I got the HD version. I can't watch epics in non HD lol

Vinnie
04-02-2012, 19:28
I can't watch anything in non-HD.

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 19:30
I can't watch anything in non-HD.

It is tough and I only do it if it's necessary. Like once, I couldn't find an HD version of the clone wars anywhere, and I really wanted to see it so I gave in. It sucked, especially a show like Clone Wars.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 19:31
I live my normal life in non-HD so I won't see the difference

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 19:33
I live my normal life in non-HD so I won't see the difference

What? You mean, walking around on the streets, you see that in non-HD? Might want to get your eyes checked, because you're SUPPOSED to see it in HD.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 19:34
What? You mean, walking around on the streets, you see that in non-HD? Might want to get your eyes checked, because you're SUPPOSED to see it in HD.
i hate you

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 19:36
i hate you

:laugh: What? It's the truth lol. In fact the resolution they have now isn't even 20/20 clarity.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 19:42
:laugh: What? It's the truth lol. In fact the resolution they have now isn't even 20/20 clarity.
I have 20/20 vision. I was obviously talking about my tv.

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 19:49
I have 20/20 now, thanks LASIK!

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 20:05
so get this, apparently HBO has all the 10 episodes of S2 on their HBOGO service, but it's time locked, so when the date rolls around it unlocks on HBOGO. But hackers have found a way to bypass the time stamp and are looking to upload the whole season.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-02-2012, 20:08
so get this, apparently HBO has all the 10 episodes of S2 on their HBOGO service, but it's time locked, so when the date rolls around it unlocks on HBOGO. But hackers have found a way to bypass the time stamp and are looking to upload the whole season.

Oh yes daddy please

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 20:09
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1tkh0Yzfh1r6vtbno1_500.gif
keep me updated

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 20:09
Might just be an April Fool's Joke a day late, but hell if it happens, fantastic.

selyar
04-02-2012, 20:10
Omg that nap was the best idea ever. Welcome to EWR short term parking

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 20:14
Omg that nap was the best idea ever. Welcome to EWR short term parking
thanks for the email. and to think i was done apply for jobs for a little :laugh:

selyar
04-02-2012, 20:16
Lol no prob. I just got ti. vonbonds will be happy. Lol

selyar
04-02-2012, 20:27
Yay. They landed!

Devilsfanatic
04-02-2012, 20:31
Yay. They landed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f_DPrSEOEo

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 20:41
Lol no prob. I just got ti. vonbonds will be happy. Lol

Me no get it. I have had 2 beers..do what in the where now?

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 20:43
Me no get it. I have had 2 beers..do what in the where now?
she sent me an email for a job posting that has a position open at conshohocken or reading.

vonbonds
04-02-2012, 20:48
You want Conshy, trust me! Much better for a young guy.

Dr. Doom
04-02-2012, 21:20
goodnight everybody. i wanted to get 2 chapters of review done tonight but 1 will have to do. i'm too tired. tomorrow is going to be another long day so i should get some rest.

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 00:37
Dear HBO,

You did such a great job with the book to show conversion in book one, keeping the book's integrity. Now, you have mutated book two into something that isn't quite right.

Please, re-shoot these episodes and do justice to the books instead of making it typical HBO.

Signed,

Fans

Vinnie
04-03-2012, 01:07
Welp, glad I didn't drudge through the books then.

selyar
04-03-2012, 04:24
i was told there would be bagels this morning.

i did not eat breakfast in anticipation of bagels.

there are no bagels.

i'm fucking hungry.

Getzo5
04-03-2012, 05:14
Welp, glad I didn't drudge through the books then.Same here. haha

2nd episode already? What is this I don`t even.

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 06:28
Dear HBO,

You did such a great job with the book to show conversion in book one, keeping the book's integrity. Now, you have mutated book two into something that isn't quite right.

Please, re-shoot these episodes and do justice to the books instead of making it typical HBO.

Signed,

Fans
Episode 2 was horrible. I almost just stopped watching it, but I continued in hope it would get better. It got worse.

vonbonds
04-03-2012, 06:33
I saw episode 1 of season 2 last night and thought it was boring. I didn't read the books for the record.

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 06:40
I saw episode 1 of season 2 last night and thought it was boring. I didn't read the books for the record.
You probably won't care then.

They are starting to really stray from the book. It's like they are trying to foreshadow stuff, but in the process they are leaving out important things or completely changing stuff all together. This is a huge problem because when they change things they have to deal with the butterfly effect it creates.

JimEIV
04-03-2012, 06:46
Going to the Catskills Friday afternoon! I love fishing the Upper Delaware System.

Getzo5
04-03-2012, 06:53
This is the problem with books. People will always compare them and the book usually wins.

Director made the decision and he`s fully responsible for it. I don`t think E1 was bad (still DLing the 2nd though) at all.

It`s a TV series, you can`t compress a book into a couple of hours.

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 07:01
This is the problem with books. People will always compare them and the book usually wins.

Director made the decision and he`s fully responsible for it. I don`t think E1 was bad (still DLing the 2nd though) at all.

It`s a TV series, you can`t compress a book into a couple of hours.
Episode 1 was good. Episode 2 was god awful. The sad thing is that the people only watching the show have no clue what they are missing.

It is no longer compressing the book, it is changing facts of what happened. The writers let the success from the first season go to their heads. They have excellent source material and all they have to do is figure out how to compress the events to fit into the show. Instead they decided to change what happens.

I could write the tv episodes for the show. All you have to do is look at the book and write in what needs to stay and what doesn't.

Getzo5
04-03-2012, 07:06
That`s your POV because you read the book. Mine might be completely different, even though, as you say, I may "miss" (depends, I have no desire nor time to read the book) some things.

As long as I like the story line and I`m entertained, idc. It`s your problem and I feel for you but that`s how it is. When the changes become too apparent and they decide to ruin the basic concept, I will be the first one to join you, but I have no reason to atm.

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 07:15
I'm just afraid this is the beginning. I feel like they got feedback on certain characters and decided to focus on them more and on more important ones less. I wish DF was here to join me in the complaining.

selyar
04-03-2012, 07:20
i see what you're both saying.

if you call it GoT, you expect a certain level of adherence to the predetermined story line

However, a story is a story, and if it's a different story, but still entertaining, who cares?

that being said, i haven't read the books, don't expect to, and have little interest in the show.

Getzo5
04-03-2012, 07:22
I have no problem with that, feel free to complain. haha

Seriously though, you`re emotionally tied to the original, I think it`s only natural. That said, the changes don`t necessarily have to be bad for someone like me and that`s the point.

Spot on seylar.

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 07:26
i see what you're both saying.

if you call it GoT, you expect a certain level of adherence to the predetermined story line

However, a story is a story, and if it's a different story, but still entertaining, who cares?

that being said, i haven't read the books, don't expect to, and have little interest in the show.
my problem is the first season was so entertaining. like DF said, they did such a good job with it. hell, even the first episode was entertaining. now you get to the second episode and it was like they were demo'ing a bathroom.

for the people that read the books it isn't entertaining and that is a lot of people. there were a lot of people that read the books before the show came out and then a lot that read the whole series after the first season of the show. it is painful to watch. it also makes it very difficult to remember what really happened in the books because scenes appear and you have to sit back and say "did that really happen or was that added?"

i'm fine with leaving scene out, but when you leave scenes out in an already time restricted show so that you can add garbage into the show, then that is when i have a problem.

VaxjoDevil
04-03-2012, 07:29
This is the problem with books...the book usually wins.

Because we make our own movie in the head when we read it. Which is awesome.

selyar
04-03-2012, 07:29
i have to admit, with the precedent set after one full season of happy book reading viewers, it does seems strange that they went to complete left field with the second season.

i'm sure they must have realized they would be alienating a chunk of the viewer base by making drastic changes.

VaxjoDevil
04-03-2012, 07:37
Introducing: Our Dumb Readers

Shove The Onion Down Your Friends' Throats
Log in to Facebook now to see what your so-called friends are reading and watching, and to let them see every fucking thing you're reading and watching.

I love The Onion

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 07:37
Because we make our own movie in the head when we read it. Which is awesome.
thank you. i'm not a big reader, but this is why books are so great.

i have to admit, with the precedent set after one full season of happy book reading viewers, it does seems strange that they went to complete left field with the second season.

i'm sure they must have realized they would be alienating a chunk of the viewer base by making drastic changes.
and thank you. there were differences in the 1st book and season 1, but i didn't feel they were as drastic as in season 2 so far. i'm talking about in one single episode, only two episodes in, there are noticeable differences.

i went from 'can't wait for next weeks episode' to 'i don't even know if i want to continue watching', in a single episode. that is quite impressive that in 52 minutes you can change someone's opinion so much.

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 07:38
I love The Onion
HAHAHAHAH. I hate facebook. My life is a million times better after deactivating my account.

selyar
04-03-2012, 07:40
HAHAHAHAH. I hate facebook. My life is a million times better after deactivating my account.

but but how do you stalk people?

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 07:48
but but how do you stalk people?
i don't. i try to live like we once lived and get to know someone face to face.

JimEIV
04-03-2012, 07:53

:) "Like"

:laugh:

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 07:59
:) "Like"

:laugh:
I knew you would enjoy that Jim. It doesn't work out for me too well because of how our culture is now. Everyone expects you to know everything about them and what's going on in their life. Also, people pretend to have similar interests as people in order for them to like you. When I had my facebook I hadn't updated my interests or anything since when I made it, which was when I was 17/18. I can easily say that some of my interests have changed since then.

I remember there was some survey I did at the end of class one day that had something about facebook on it and I mentioned how I didn't have a facebook. This girl next to me looked at me like I was crazy.

VaxjoDevil
04-03-2012, 08:08

Absolutely brilliant.

That "Like" by Jim was brilliant too :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 08:35
Well, the thing that bugs me most is the Stannis scene. What happened isn't Stannis Baratheon, he would never do what he did in the book. It explains what is going to happen in the future, but it's wrong. They adhered to the first book beautifully, I thought they'd do the same again in s2 but they haven't.

I can understand a few of the changes for sure, but others just make zero sense. That being said, there were scenes I loved. Arya and Gendry was fantastic, Sallador Saan was hilarious and the Tyrion, Varys exchange.

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 08:46
Well, the thing that bugs me most is the Stannis scene. What happened isn't Stannis Baratheon, he would never do what he did in the book. It explains what is going to happen in the future, but it's wrong. They adhered to the first book beautifully, I thought they'd do the same again in s2 but they haven't.

I can understand a few of the changes for sure, but others just make zero sense. That being said, there were scenes I loved. Arya and Gendry was fantastic, Sallador Saan was hilarious and the Tyrion, Varys exchange.
I wasn't a fan of how they did Arya hiding from the goldcloaks. Shae continues to be out in the open. Bronn was not made commander of the city watch. Joffery didn't order the killing of the bastards. And the icing on the cake for me was Dany's bloodrider being killed. Oh and also the Stannis scene.

The only thing I enjoyed was the Tyrion/Varys exchange, but that was all of 20 seconds of a 52 minute episode.

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 09:01
I had no problem with Arya hiding from the cloaks, that's what happened in the books. Shae shouldn't be in the open and Ros fucking sucks, why the hell is she in the show? Asha is ugly as sin, don't like that actress :laugh: and Balon Greyjoy is hilarious.

I'm OK with Bronn being commander of the city watch as Bywater is only a peripheral character and wasn't really central to any plot points, so why bother casting anyone when it gives Bronn a little more to do.

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 09:08
I had no problem with Arya hiding from the cloaks, that's what happened in the books. Shae shouldn't be in the open and Ros fucking sucks, why the hell is she in the show? Asha is ugly as sin, don't like that actress :laugh: and Balon Greyjoy is hilarious.

I'm OK with Bronn being commander of the city watch as Bywater is only a peripheral character and wasn't really central to any plot points, so why bother casting anyone when it gives Bronn a little more to do.
I know Arya hides from them in the books, it was how it was done. In the show she is 1. barely hiding 2. just jumps down and tells Gendry that they are looking for her right away. It just didn't have the right feel to it. I can't believe I forgot about Asha. I thought the same thing. She should definitely be way more attractive than that. Bronn being commander of the city watch is just weird because he is supposed to be Tyrion's guard. Idk, I just didn't like the feel of it.

What did you think of Joffery giving the order to kill the bastards? And Dany's bloodrider being killed?

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 09:15
Both aren't that big of a deal. If Joffrey ordered the killing of others, then why not the bastards too? I mean, is it really that troublesome? And really, just makes him more of a ****.

As for the bloodrider, meh, I liked the character but he's again, not that huge moving forward so I won't miss him. The worst part about it was hearing her handmaidens wails.

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 09:17
Both aren't that big of a deal. If Joffrey ordered the killing of others, then why not the bastards too? I mean, is it really that troublesome? And really, just makes him more of a ****.

As for the bloodrider, meh, I liked the character but he's again, not that huge moving forward so I won't miss him. The worst part about it was hearing her handmaidens wails.
I don't like change :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 09:22
There are some things that are a bit perplexing but after getting some sleep on it, I'm not as angry as before. The Stannis thing bugs me the most however. This is what Ned Stark died for? For a man like that? If Stark saw him now, he'd have given his support to Renly right away.

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 09:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxKfC77XAp8

Yeah, I'm watchin' this.

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 09:27
There are some things that are a bit perplexing but after getting some sleep on it, I'm not as angry as before. The Stannis thing bugs me the most however. This is what Ned Stark died for? For a man like that? If Stark saw him now, he'd have given his support to Renly right away.
They also haven't explained R'hllor and the red priests. At least show her looking at the fires.

Oh, and the Baelish scene in the brothel was completely useless. They already have a limited amount of time and they decide to use that garbage.

JimEIV
04-03-2012, 11:15
I love 2 hours lunches with my boss :)

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 11:19
They also haven't explained R'hllor and the red priests. At least show her looking at the fires.

Oh, and the Baelish scene in the brothel was completely useless. They already have a limited amount of time and they decide to use that garbage.

That's what I'm sayin'. All the Ros stuff serves zero purpose.

Although, one positive about the Stannis stuff is I got to see Carice Van Houten's boobies.

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 11:39
The boobies were definitely nice. LNS wants to be unbanned.

selyar
04-03-2012, 11:42
i spoke to an old supervisor from when i first started here about using him as a professional reference in my job hunt. he was visibly disappointed i expressed interest in leaving.

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 11:50
Welcome back, Max.

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 11:50
hahaha that teddy bear movie looks hilarious

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 11:53
It's great editing work by the editors, but Marky Mark's listing of names is incredible.

Getzo5
04-03-2012, 11:53
3 hour nap - no hangover feeling.

Like a boss.

Because we make our own movie in the head when we read it. Which is awesome.Didn`t say there`s something wrong with it, just that this might be a problem for those who read the original.

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 11:56
3 hour fap? god damn

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 12:02
cd offered to let me back but i would have to be on a short leash.. not sure if serious

JimEIV
04-03-2012, 12:02
You bitches are boring me today.

selyar
04-03-2012, 12:11
ok guys i need advice.

i've been asked to come in for an interview on thursday. its in almost delaware. super south jersey. obviously i'm supposed to be working on thursday. it's 1.5 hours from work, and 2 hours from home.

do i take off? take 1/2 a day? try to reschedule (i already tried once and the plant is going into an outage and it would be awhile before they could get me in)?

onefatsurfer
04-03-2012, 12:15
hello everybody!

selyar
04-03-2012, 12:16
nice of you to join us

onefatsurfer
04-03-2012, 12:17
...i don't remember getting this bruise on my hand...

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 12:31
ok guys i need advice.

i've been asked to come in for an interview on thursday. its in almost delaware. super south jersey. obviously i'm supposed to be working on thursday. it's 1.5 hours from work, and 2 hours from home.

do i take off? take 1/2 a day? try to reschedule (i already tried once and the plant is going into an outage and it would be awhile before they could get me in)?

step 1: buy trident off of ebay

step 2: kill everyone

selyar
04-03-2012, 12:35
step 1: buy trident off of ebay

step 2: kill everyone

3 prong or 5 prong?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/National-Divers-7mm-5-Prong-Trident-Spear-Tip-/270919277729?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f140c1ca1#ht_935wt_829

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Prong-Trident-Spear-Tip-6mm-Cad-Plated-/150765149685?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231a4d9df5#ht_1278wt_829

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 13:05
ok guys i need advice.

just take a whole day off?

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 13:05
damn that 5 prong one is badass

selyar
04-03-2012, 13:08
just take a whole day off?

yeah i just put in for it. just taking the day.

damn that 5 prong one is badass

i know right??

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 13:36
yeah i just put in for it. just taking the day.

i know right??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh7tgX_Uaqs

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 13:38
Exam in a little less than an hour. I hate these senior design exams. They are pretty much impossible to study for. I just need to harness my bullshitting powers.

JimEIV
04-03-2012, 13:38
When we get to page 69 can we be silly?

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 13:39
When we get to page 69 can we be silly?
yes, only oral jokes for an entire page.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-03-2012, 13:45
Not only is RG an expert on all things hockey coaching, but apparently he knows what it takes to coach up football players too. Get lost. Some of those guys should be embarrassed the way they talk about a guy with a learning disability.

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 13:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRJ_Kvug2AQ

JimEIV
04-03-2012, 13:50
I coached football for a while on multiple levels...never paid though.

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 13:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w8KL-2ou7Y&feature=related
"Did Clinton actually think he was going to get a blowjob from a jew and get off scott free?"

Darius Dangleaitis
04-03-2012, 14:12
Not only is RG an expert on all things hockey coaching, but apparently he knows what it takes to coach up football players too. Get lost. Some of those guys should be embarrassed the way they talk about a guy with a learning disability.

He's an "expert" on everything; be it cooking, fishing, hockey, beers, football...anything.

It's such a tired act.

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 14:14
If I want cooking advice, I'll go to a woman. If I want fishing advice, I'll go to Jim, if I want hockey advice, well, I don't so I'd go to no one. Beers, any Canadian, football, almost every American.

JimEIV
04-03-2012, 14:19
The game has changed so much since the late 80's and early 90's that sometimes I don't feel like I know the sport.

onefatsurfer
04-03-2012, 14:22
nap time.

edit: by that i mean, time to leave for the game. later, folks!

JimEIV
04-03-2012, 14:23
Sorry. Double post....hey 69!

guyincognito
04-03-2012, 14:24

Mario Manningham is a certified dumbass and he was able to survive in the Giants needlessly complicated offense. Yeah, he screwed up, but not as much as say, Shockey.

As for the other guy, obviously his stint coaching the postgrad dodgeball team has gone to his head.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-03-2012, 14:25
He's an "expert" on everything; be it cooking, fishing, hockey, beers, football...anything.

It's such a tired act.

Your avatar describes him well lol.

I wonder where he finds the time for all this.

And as for the dodgeball idiot. LOL that guy has been blocked by me for some time now.

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 14:30
Dodgeball idiot? Who are these people?

JimEIV
04-03-2012, 14:44
My wife just said she want to move to Jackson Wyoming!!!!

Like this year!

guyincognito
04-03-2012, 14:47
Well, there goes my tickets perfect attendance this season, even though I've only gone to like 25 games. :laugh: Overslept and the whole reason to go was to blow off my food credit, but I'm not hungry and if I did drink, I'd just pass out at the bar.

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 15:18
If you move, can I call you Action Jackson?

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 15:42
My wife just said she want to move to Jackson Wyoming!!!!

Like this year!
So when are you going?

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 15:50
About to have some chinese food. Then studying for sociology, reviewing for the FE, and maybe some more job applications.

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 15:55
Is it Chinese food, or Chinese fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood?

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 16:09
oh and my exam was pretty easy. just like i thought, it required a whole lot of bullshitting.

JimEIV
04-03-2012, 16:30
So when are you going?

Looks like we might be buying a place first and doing a transition.

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 16:34
Looks like we might be buying a place first and doing a transition.
smart idea. is it a retirement place or are you going to go work out there?

JimEIV
04-03-2012, 16:41
No I'm not going to leave my work for now. I'm going to look into a flexible work arrangement where I can work from "home". It might not work out but we are going to try.

vonbonds
04-03-2012, 16:43
No I'm not going to leave my work for now. I'm going to look into a flexible work arrangement where I can work from "home". It might not work out but we are going to try.

That is awesome. Jackson, Wyoming..I am truly jealous!

VaxjoDevil
04-03-2012, 17:53
I have limited knowledge on U.S. places, so I don't know Jackson, Wyoming, but I assume it's nice. We've been thinking of getting a place in Santa Fe, NM to chill out for the future and retirement. It's just an awesome place.

VaxjoDevil
04-03-2012, 17:55
I have to fix a toilet now. I suck as a handyman but I gotta try before we give up and call someone.

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 17:55
Just one of the beautiful views in Jackson.

http://www.rockymountainmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Jackson-Wyoming.jpg

I feel like they've filmed Shane there.

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 17:57
I have to fix a toilet now. I suck as a handyman but I gotta try before we give up and call someone.
Sorry about that deuce I left.

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 18:03
http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6749286/big-****-birth-defect

Vinnie
04-03-2012, 18:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bIYV6VkECk

JimEIV
04-03-2012, 19:25
So...how's it going?

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 19:26
Pretty good. I mean, the Devils won and Josefson got injured. It was a perfect night.

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 19:37
i dont really know anything historically to back up any argument that i have about the conflict.. i just know that both sides do some fucked up **** and thats not going to be forgiven any time soon. its like theyve hated eachother since the beginning of time

JimEIV
04-03-2012, 19:40
Oh if you keep messing without me I'm going to get upset.....

Remember when I told you if you were so tough you should meet meet me at a devils game.. then I felt like an *** an apologied in a PM like Trottier does??? ..Ahh good times.

I'm such a ****.

VaxjoDevil
04-03-2012, 19:43
i dont really know anything historically to back up any argument that i have about the conflict.. i just know that both sides do some fucked up **** and thats not going to be forgiven any time soon. its like theyve hated eachother since the beginning of time

There's gotta be country lines that will not start a war. Everyone who has studied a bit of European history knows that nothing starts war more than bad land agreements. Just giving back land as it was in 1967, and dividing Jerusalem...That's gonna kill a LOT of people, because that is war within a year.

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 19:43
Oh if you keep messing without me I'm going to get upset.....

Remember when I told you if you were so tough you should meet meet me at a devils game.. then I felt like an *** an apologied in a PM like Trottier does??? ..Ahh good times.

I'm such a ****.

I love it. I would love to meet you at a Devils game by the way, maybe even before for a drink. You're that friend I fight with but love unconditionally.

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 19:44
There's gotta be country lines that will not start a war. Everyone who has studied a bit of European history knows that nothing starts war more than bad land agreements. Just giving back land as it was in 1967, and dividing Jerusalem...That's gonna kill a LOT of people, because that is war within a year.

Yeah, it's almost always about territorial rights. Has been that way since the beginning of time.

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 19:44
fanatical religious people are what make the world so fucked up

JimEIV
04-03-2012, 19:45
I love it. I would love to meet you at a Devils game by the way, maybe even before for a drink. You're that friend I fight with but love unconditionally.

:) same.

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 19:46
how did this game of thrones ep get online? someone jiust ripped it from hbo go?

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 19:52
how did this game of thrones ep get online? someone jiust ripped it from hbo go?

Yeah, from the UK website. Apparently it's time locked on their web page, so, there are hackers trying to get the whole second season unlocked and downloadable.

The US HBO Go will get an advanced episode later on this season, so even if the whole season doesn't leak, we'll get another episode early.

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 19:54
**** yea thats awesome

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 20:27
ugh, i just wrote so many flash cards. easily going to be up until 4 tonight, possibly later.

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 20:38
what happens to the babies that the guy gives to the wildlings

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 20:47
Unknown, they probably are used to become wights. But that doesn't happen in the books.

VaxjoDevil
04-03-2012, 20:51
Barca's second penalty against Milan was bullshit. Set play to get a penalty out of a dive.

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 20:52
what are wights? the things with the blue eyes?

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 20:54
what are wights? the things with the blue eyes?

Yeah, they're known as wights in the show, but they're called the others in the book, but they didn't want to confuse people with a Lost type reference.

Wightwalkers are actually the dead that come back, the other's army. In the show, they've decided they'd all just be called wights.

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 20:58
so in the show the wildlings are actually the others.. and the wights are just the zombies that are posessed by the others?

Darius Dangleaitis
04-03-2012, 20:59
Where are you guys watching this?

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 21:00
i got the 2nd episode on a torrent

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 21:01
like u have these monsters.. those were the things that beheaded the guy in the first episode.. i ust dont get how they relate to the zombies

Getzo5
04-03-2012, 21:03
Barca's second penalty against Milan was bullshit. Set play to get a penalty out of a dive.I don`t follow football anymore. I refuse to. It`s making me sick in my stomach.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-03-2012, 21:04
Don't those monsters turn people into zombies? And that's why they both have blue eyes?

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 21:07
im guessing thats spot on lol

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 21:08
theres some sort of sacrificial **** goin on here

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 21:14
so in the show the wildlings are actually the others.. and the wights are just the zombies that are posessed by the others?

No, the wildlings are Craster and his wives. They're the humans that live beyond the walls. The others are the demons with the blue eyes and seemingly horse legs. The wightwalkers are humans that have died and become zombies.

Remember in season one, Tyrion says the only difference between a wildling and a westerosi is that their ancestors were born on the right side of the wall. Wildlings are just unrefined that's all. Osha, for example, the woman that Robb took captive when Bran was attacked, is a Wildling.

They call it the song of ice and fire. I believe that we as GoT enthusiasts have thought that meant something to do with the characters we know. And I thought that too, but now that I think about it, I believe it's about the others and the dragons. The others being the ice, as they've been gone for 1,000s of years and the dragons being fire who have been gone for a long time too. The fact both are missing for long periods of time cannot be coincidence.

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 21:20
do the others live under the ice

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 21:21
Quite possibly. No one really knows where they live or where they come from.

VaxjoDevil
04-03-2012, 21:22
I don`t follow football anymore. I refuse to. It`s making me sick in my stomach.

I can understand that. I feel the same a bit. But I am psyched to follow the European Championships this summer, though.

Lord Ned Stark
04-03-2012, 21:22
mayb ill just get all the books and read them in the summer

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 21:30
No, the wildlings are Craster and his wives. They're the humans that live beyond the walls. The others are the demons with the blue eyes and seemingly horse legs. The wightwalkers are humans that have died and become zombies.

Remember in season one, Tyrion says the only difference between a wildling and a westerosi is that their ancestors were born on the right side of the wall. Wildlings are just unrefined that's all. Osha, for example, the woman that Robb took captive when Bran was attacked, is a Wildling.

They call it the song of ice and fire. I believe that we as GoT enthusiasts have thought that meant something to do with the characters we know. And I thought that too, but now that I think about it, I believe it's about the others and the dragons. The others being the ice, as they've been gone for 1,000s of years and the dragons being fire who have been gone for a long time too. The fact both are missing for long periods of time cannot be coincidence.
There is also the possibility that A song of Ice and Fire represents Jon and Dany. Jon being ice and Dany being fire. This would require R+L=J

mayb ill just get all the books and read them in the summer
I will lend you my books if you promise I get them back in the same condition and if I'm not reading them myself. I lent Erik my 2nd copy of A Game of Thrones and he lost it.

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 21:42
Yeah, that's the popular theory. But I still think it has to do with the wights and the drags. I mean, they can only kill the walkers with fire, and the others? With DRAGON glass. There's gotta be a connection there.....

VaxjoDevil
04-03-2012, 22:05
http://www.hulu.com/watch/149021/peep-show-the-affair?c=Comedy/British-Comedy#s-p1-so-i0

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 22:06
Yeah, that's the popular theory. But I still think it has to do with the wights and the drags. I mean, they can only kill the walkers with fire, and the others? With DRAGON glass. There's gotta be a connection there.....
Winter is here and the others and wights will go to the wall and begin to invade the realm. It will be just in time for Dany to arrive with her dragons to fend them off. I also believe that there is a reason Mel talks about how her powers are stronger at the wall. Something will happen with her and Jon for him to do something. It all depends on what happens to Jon after ADWD. After Dany and Jon save the realm they become King and Queen by the people. I'm not sure Jon ever finds out who his mother is.

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 22:15
If R+L = J, then Dany and Jon cannot marry. That's his aunt.

VaxjoDevil
04-03-2012, 22:32
If one can't see the difference between the social and legal impact of not buying health care and not buying broccoli, one should not be on the supreme court.

Dr. Doom
04-03-2012, 22:54
If R+L = J, then Dany and Jon cannot marry. That's his aunt.
They used to do stuff like that back in history. Them not doing it on that reason would be having Jon's origins being known.

Devilsfanatic
04-03-2012, 23:11
When you hear the sound of thunder don't you get to scared. Just grab your thunder buddy and say these magic words. **** YOU thunder, you can suck my ****. You can't get me thunder cause you're just gods farts.

Lord Ned Stark
04-04-2012, 00:26
not sure if any of you ever watched the borgias but its a pretty decent show. i like the characters
http://www.youtube.com/user/SHOWTIME?v=sdrzGICHsIk
season 2 premiere

selyar
04-04-2012, 05:41
in the past 6 days i've been in Newark 5 times.

in the past 6 days i've had to fill my gas tank 4 times.

i get 33 mpg.

i need to stop driving so much.

if i keep this up i'm going to totally blow my gas budget this month.

selyar
04-04-2012, 06:27
are staying late at work to get more done and have some peace and quiet? because i would.

Getzo5
04-04-2012, 06:38
I can understand that. I feel the same a bit. But I am psyched to follow the European Championships this summer, though.
I will too. I still watch WCH/EPL from time to time. Just not that interested anymore.

onefatsurfer
04-04-2012, 07:04
are staying late at work to get more done and have some peace and quiet? because i would.

yes.

Dr. Doom
04-04-2012, 08:06
holy ****.
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/the-bridge-that-suspends-belief-slideshow/aizhai-bridge-photo-1333478270.html

Lord Ned Stark
04-04-2012, 09:18
U should of just named it the nerd thread

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-04-2012, 09:27
I have recently discovered the greatness of the Ricky Gervias Show

Lord Ned Stark
04-04-2012, 09:30
Is it gervais that interviews the guy who does the show an idiot abroad

Devilsfanatic
04-04-2012, 09:36
I have recently discovered the greatness of the Ricky Gervias Show

Karl Pilkington is a certifiable genius. Welcome to the world of Ricky Gervais.

And yes, LNS that is correct.

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-04-2012, 09:38
I have always been a fan of Gervais, he is a regular guest on O&A and I liked the British Office.

The show is on HBOGO, I have watched the entire first season since this morning.

Devilsfanatic
04-04-2012, 09:42
How would I know which one I was?

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-04-2012, 09:58
How would I know which one I was?

que?

Dr. Doom
04-04-2012, 10:03
http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/internet-memes-yeah-right.jpg

Devilsfanatic
04-04-2012, 10:09