PDA

View Full Version : The Party & Bullshit thread 3 - HFProblems

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 20:36
wait, so not everyone here is read the books? Whoops. I'll call the admin for a spoiler tag.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 20:41
wait, so not everyone here is read the books? Whoops. I'll call the admin for a spoiler tag.
I'm pretty sure only you, 95, ILIVM, and me have read the books.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 20:47
****, sorry Derek. Didn't mean to do that, thought you had read it. My bad brother.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-22-2012, 20:48
I started reading a Clash of Kings not too long ago, but left off when Aria and whats-his-face start getting chased by the Lannister soliders.

If I pick up the book again, is the show so different that I'm going to be confused?

Darius Dangleaitis
04-22-2012, 20:50
****, sorry Derek. Didn't mean to do that, thought you had read it. My bad brother.

Haha no worries. I've wikipedia'd all the way up to the next book, so I pretty much know what's going to happen anyway. I was just messing with you.

So if I resume reading, do the book and the show correlate thus far into the second season? Really want to see what will happen next.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 20:52
The book has been changed substantially in season two. Heck, the two things I outlined may not even happen in S2 or at all the way things are going.

People that have died in the books have not died, and people who live, die.

Things that don't happen are happening. It's kind of annoying. But I'm sure GRRM has signed off on these.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-22-2012, 20:54
Gah, that sucks. I mainly just want to see what happens next in the show. I guess I should just start reading again regardless.

By the way, when are we going to get one of those bonus episodes on HBOGo?

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 20:55
Probably episode six or seven, so two weeks.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 20:56
The book has been changed substantially in season two. Heck, the two things I outlined may not even happen in S2 or at all the way things are going.

People that have died in the books have not died, and people who live, die.

Things that don't happen are happening. It's kind of annoying. But I'm sure GRRM has signed off on these.
It's starting to get past kind of annoying :laugh: I read spoilers about tonight's episode. Let's just say that I'm not very excited to watch it. GRRM said that with the contract they can do anything they want with the story. He doesn't have authority to approve anything. He had a quote where he said they could suddenly decide to put aliens in the show if they wanted to.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 20:59
I wouldn't be surprised if they do. Or not have people die or not die.

Lord Ned Stark
04-22-2012, 21:14
what the **** did that ***** just give birth to

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 21:23
what the **** did that ***** just give birth to
it's a shadow/shade. it's hard to explain without spoiling.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 21:27
It's a shadow of Stannis, a product of their fucking. It is used for murder and killing and killing murder.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-22-2012, 21:29
God damn HBO and their unwavering ability to make each week crawl like a slug.

Lord Ned Stark
04-22-2012, 21:29
it must not hurt that bad to birth a shadow

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 21:38
No, she seemed to enjoy it.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-22-2012, 22:02
Veep looks like it has the potential to be the worst show to ever grace a television set, as does Girls.

But I guess males, ages 18-34 aren't HBO's only demographic.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 22:03
Girls apparently is very good, reviewed by guys.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-22-2012, 22:07
That would indicate that there's a lot of sex. Perhaps I'll check it out.

All I can think about now is Game of Thrones, though.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 23:44
If you don't want to read spoilers than you might want to skip this.

The whole Renly and Loras thing being known to everyone makes zero sense.
Littlefinger going to Renly's camp was pretty stupid, but actually not as stupid as I thought it would be. It also leads me to believe that we aren't going to see Riverrun.
Arya as Tywin's cupbearer and the fact that he notices she is a girl right away is dumb. He would know who she is instantly. Arya's adventures are my favorite part and I'm disappointed they are skipping a good amount of it. I get it though because of the time it would take.
The whole Joffrey and Ros scene was not needed.

Tyrion continues to be one of the only bright spots this season.
Harrenhall looked really good.
The shadow special effect was done well, which I was doubting they would be able to pull off, but they did it well. It's too bad that the circumstances that they did it make zero sense. It looks like they are under Storm's End, but that makes no sense because Renly should already be dead at that point. There is no need to release the shadow under Storm's End to kill Renly.

Overall, meh. I am surprised that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be this week. If they keep making changes every week this is going to be a completely different story or it just isn't going to make sense.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 07:41
I loved the Joffrey/Ros scene. They make him even more despicable. He's even worse than in the books haha.

And Tywin has never seen Arya Stark, he'd never be able to recognize her.

selyar
04-23-2012, 07:47
annnnd i'm back at work.

sleeping in the middle seat on the red eye sucks balls.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 07:50
I don't think he needs to be made even worse than the books. I think by now it is pretty clear that he is fucked up. I guess they are really building the purple wedding up. My only problem is that there doesn't seem to be any hatred built for Cersei. Everyone is going to feel bad for her, when in the books you understand why all these things happen to her.

Even if he has never seen her, he has definitely seen Starks and Tullys. Idk, if he could notice she is a girl when everyone thinks she is a boy all the time you would think he would notice who she looks like.

If there is one scene that could save this season for me it is the house of the undying. If it is done well I will forget about everything else.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 08:11
annnnd i'm back at work.

sleeping in the middle seat on the red eye sucks balls.
does it make you feel better knowing i just got out of bed? :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 08:15
I like that in the books they try and give him a little bit of leeway as, well, you remember what he does. This way, he's got none. He's the single worst character on the show.

I'm sure a little girl is harder to tell, with her hair cut short. If she still had long hair, she'd probably be easier to tell. I liked their interaction yesterday, it was cool.

And I'm sure they'll show Cersei doing something deplorable, or maybe they'll just make her a sympathetic mother who did whatever she could to protect her children, which, is really her deal.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 08:22
I like that in the books they try and give him a little bit of leeway as, well, you remember what he does. This way, he's got none. He's the single worst character on the show.

I'm sure a little girl is harder to tell, with her hair cut short. If she still had long hair, she'd probably be easier to tell. I liked their interaction yesterday, it was cool.

And I'm sure they'll show Cersei doing something deplorable, or maybe they'll just make her a sympathetic mother who did whatever she could to protect her children, which, is really her deal.
No one is going to have sympathy for him, not that I did because I hated him. But GRRM makes sure to make every character have at least some good. He always makes a point to say how people aren't pure good or pure evil.

It's not so much from that one interaction with him, but if she is his cupbearer she is going to be around him all the time. I don't see a huge problem with it, but I just find it too close for comfort. Also, when she was weasel did people know she was a girl?

There needs to be more Cersei scheming. I don't like how it looks like everyone will be all sympathetic towards her. It's going to make the whole everyone dying, the walk of shame, and everyone hating her seem unjust. I can only imagine how they are going to make Jaime look so much better. At least he actually redeems himself.

I also heard someone speculating that the queen of thrones is going to be replaced by Margaery. I don't like that idea at all.

onefatsurfer
04-23-2012, 08:24
wow... i'm still hung over from drinking on saturday :(

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 08:28
wow... i'm still hung over from drinking on saturday :(
you should know all of the hangover cures by now. son i am disappoint.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 08:31
No one is going to have sympathy for him, not that I did because I hated him. But GRRM makes sure to make every character have at least some good. He always makes a point to say how people aren't pure good or pure evil.

It's not so much from that one interaction with him, but if she is his cupbearer she is going to be around him all the time. I don't see a huge problem with it, but I just find it too close for comfort. Also, when she was weasel did people know she was a girl?

There needs to be more Cersei scheming. I don't like how it looks like everyone will be all sympathetic towards her. It's going to make the whole everyone dying, the walk of shame, and everyone hating her seem unjust. I can only imagine how they are going to make Jaime look so much better. At least he actually redeems himself.

I also heard someone speculating that the queen of thrones is going to be replaced by Margaery. I don't like that idea at all.

Another useless character you can cut out. Margery Tyrell was a nobody in the books, this way, she actually is a somebody. They cast a known actress for that role, so you know it's not going to be a small part. He will be busy when she is cupbearer, I doubt he'll even give her a second glance, he didn't in their first interaction. And yes, they knew she was a girl when she was Weasel.

They'll probably show more Cersei stuff later, or at least, have Lancel report it back so we know what she's up to. I find it curious the actress hasn't really been around this season, though, she probably had some early scheduling conflicts.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 08:34
I felt like the biggest role of the queen of thorns was to remove Margaery from what happens. I got the impression that she wasn't really behind what happened and that it was all done by the queen of thorns. Whatever.

onefatsurfer
04-23-2012, 08:35
you should know all of the hangover cures by now. son i am disappoint.

i drank hard liquor until 5 AM (pacific time) on saturday. it happens

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 08:38
i drank hard liquor until 5 AM (pacific time) on saturday. it happens
nice. gotta get water and vitamins into your system. also some ibuprofen. i woke up on saturday with a wicked hangover; drank a bunch of water, ate some vitamins, and took some ibuprofen. within 30 min i was ready to go.

selyar
04-23-2012, 08:44
rob has an epic hangover. like he's worse than st. patricks day a few years ago when i found him passed out in a pile of vom.

honey go drink some water.

and no jon, it does not make me feel better that you just got out of bed. i drove from the airport straight to work, showered in the locker room at work, changed, and was at my desk like 2 hours after landing.

onefatsurfer
04-23-2012, 08:47
nice. gotta get water and vitamins into your system. also some ibuprofen. i woke up on saturday with a wicked hangover; drank a bunch of water, ate some vitamins, and took some ibuprofen. within 30 min i was ready to go.
I don't have a headache, but I have chills, some body aches, my stomach is destroyed and I'm massively dehydrated. I've been drinking water but if I drink too much, it messes up my stomach and makes me feel like I'm gonna barf.

I need to eat something. I've eaten 1/2 a sandwich and a few forkfuls of white rice since Saturday evening.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 08:50
I don't have a headache, but I have chills, some body aches, my stomach is destroyed and I'm massively dehydrated. I've been drinking water but if I drink too much, it messes up my stomach and makes me feel like I'm gonna barf.

I need to eat something. I've eaten 1/2 a sandwich and a few forkfuls of white rice since Saturday evening.
yup, i know that hangover. you need to force yourself to eat at that point. did you puke?

onefatsurfer
04-23-2012, 08:51
yup, i know that hangover. you need to force yourself to eat at that point. did you puke?

4 times yesterday, none today.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 08:58
interesting. you should really eat then :laugh:

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 10:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM5aNNXzoAU&list=UUQzdMyuz0Lf4zo4uGcEujFw&feature=plcp
DF, still think Arya around Tywin isn't weird?

onefatsurfer
04-23-2012, 10:10
wawa sandwich + giant blue gatorade will save my life.

selyar
04-23-2012, 10:14
wawa sandwich + giant blue gatorade will save my life.

take your time. small bites. small sips. make sure you eat/drink it all

onefatsurfer
04-23-2012, 10:28
sandwich is gone. still have to force myself to drink the gatorade. probably shouldn't have gotten blue, it kinda tastes like the dizzy's we were drinking @ the bar : puuuuuuuuuuuuke:

selyar
04-23-2012, 10:34
:( what if you water it down?

i'm so glad i didn't like that crap you guys were drinking. i would have died.

JimEIV
04-23-2012, 10:42
Hangover? Grease is the only cure. A burger is my go to. Or just start Drinking again.

onefatsurfer
04-23-2012, 10:44
i just chugged that huge bottle. what i really need is sleep

selyar
04-23-2012, 10:52
chugging =/= small sips

onefatsurfer
04-23-2012, 11:02
it was gross so i wanted to get it over with. i want to go home and go to sleep.

Lord Ned Stark
04-23-2012, 11:21
Don't lie it's just residual effects of devils dissapointment syndrome

selyar
04-23-2012, 11:23
yeah that sucked too. there was a table of ranger fans next to us though who got alittle pissed when i stood up and cheered the Sens so that took the edge off the devils loss just alittle.

onefatsurfer
04-23-2012, 11:24
Don't lie it's just residual effects of devils dissapointment syndrome

devils disappointment syndrome definitely played a role in me drinking this much.

Lord Ned Stark
04-23-2012, 11:28
I really hope that we win the next two games so my urge to stab someone goes away

selyar
04-23-2012, 11:28
devils disappointment syndrome definitely played a role in me drinking this much.

just a minor role though because your cousin can put them back with the best of them and you're learning that you can't keep up. i've never seen anyone drink like alex and come out of it bright eyed and bushy tailed the next morning every time like he does

Lord Ned Stark
04-23-2012, 11:33
Liquor is weird for me. Every once in a long while I'll have a night where I can't even get drunk if I try, then
Other nights I'll be throwing up all over myself. I guess it just has to do with your body chemistry and not mixing

selyar
04-23-2012, 11:35
we started at like noon with a wine tasting, switched to beers to watch the devils game and at dinner, then moved on to mixed drinks at the bar later that night.

we mixed. all day long.

and him and his cousin were getting these fishbowl things at the bar that were just like all kinds of liquor mixed together. it was gross.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 11:36
days like that are great. i'll hopefully be celebrating on saturday.

Lord Ned Stark
04-23-2012, 11:39
Hahah. Don't worry I watered it down... With beer

selyar
04-23-2012, 11:39
it was actually pretty awesome for me. it was like 50/50 girls/guys, everyone was an engineer. i was hanging out with my best friend for the first time in AGES. at some point someone dragged me to dance, so i stopped drinking. i was plenty wasted. i wasn't tooo hung over the next day. little queezy when i woke up, but after getting some food in me i was good.

onefatsurfer
04-23-2012, 11:54
it was actually pretty awesome for me. it was like 50/50 girls/guys, everyone was an engineer. i was hanging out with my best friend for the first time in AGES. at some point someone dragged me to dance, so i stopped drinking. i was plenty wasted. i wasn't tooo hung over the next day. little queezy when i woke up, but after getting some food in me i was good.

Dancing with you was the last thing I remember... Then I woke up completely wasted drunk at 9 AM, threw up, and remained drunk until like 1 PM.

selyar
04-23-2012, 11:59
btw. you are more handsy than usual when wasted.

and you're completely adorable because you must have told me a million times that you love me.

then you woke up in the morning and just kept apologizing over and over for being drunk still and i wanted to punch you in the face.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 12:04
get a room!

selyar
04-23-2012, 12:09
yeah yeah whatever.

i didn't even pay for that much while we were gone this weekend, but looking at my credit card statement is always fun.... umm wtf is that? and that? and that? ok i remember that one... ummm yeah.

JimEIV
04-23-2012, 14:07
I know what I'm about to to say is childish, vindictive and probably a little irrational but if the Rangers lose tonight it would make me feel a whole lot better about the 2011-12 hockey season.

Sorry but it's true

Getzo5
04-23-2012, 14:09
I know what I'm about to to say is childish, vindictive and probably a little irrational but if the Rangers lose tonight it would make me feel a whole lot better about the 2011-12 hockey season.

Sorry but it's trueSame here. I`m not ashamed of that either.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 14:22

Sorry but it's true
I don't think you're alone.

JimEIV
04-23-2012, 14:42
Good to know...I was feeling a little guilty for it.

selyar
04-23-2012, 14:46
i have eggplant but don't feel like eggplant parm.

ideas?

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 14:46
I just did my video interview for PSEG. I don't think it was too good. It's so tough to answer questions to a video camera when you are talking to yourself. I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 14:47
i have eggplant but don't feel like eggplant parm.

ideas?
grilled eggplant

selyar
04-23-2012, 14:48
grilled eggplant

meh. it's cold out.

JimEIV
04-23-2012, 14:54
Roasted in the oven with a little salt and olive oil served with ricotta. Sauce and pasta optional???

JimEIV
04-23-2012, 14:55
I'm making venison.

selyar
04-23-2012, 15:08
Roasted in the oven with a little salt and olive oil served with ricotta. Sauce and pasta optional???

i could get down with that.

I'm making venison.

as much as my dad tried and tried to get me to like venison, i honestly would get sick every time i ate it. even if i didn't know what it was.

JimEIV
04-23-2012, 15:11
I usually stack the eggplant with a layer of ricotta like a Napoleon add fresh basil on top and bit more olive oil ...that is it.

vonbonds
04-23-2012, 15:16
I'm making venison.

My brother loves it and I just can't get down with it. Like always I will give it another 6 months and try again. There are many foods I didn't like at first but grew to enjoy as I got older.

vonbonds
04-23-2012, 19:36
I think I am done with GoT. So far this latest episode is just garbage for ratings from what I can tell. I haven't read the books but there seems to a Hollywood takeover of the show as the first season was incredible and this is just blah.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 19:57
I think I am done with GoT. So far this latest episode is just garbage for ratings from what I can tell. I haven't read the books but there seems to a Hollywood takeover of the show as the first season was incredible and this is just blah.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbz6r20Hb21qdqt4vo1_400.png
I would really suggest reading the books if you have the time.

vonbonds
04-23-2012, 20:00
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbz6r20Hb21qdqt4vo1_400.png
I would really suggest reading the books if you have the time.

This is about the only thing I don't have.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 20:01

Critically it's doing well. You shouldn't hate it if you haven't read the book. I don't even hate it, I just don't like change :laugh: I do love Oona Chaplin though.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 20:01
I figured that you didn't between having a kid and a job :laugh:

I just made a powerpoint for my interview on friday about my internship this past summer. I have to say it is fucking boss.

Selyar, mind proofreading it for me? :D

vonbonds
04-23-2012, 20:02
Critically it's doing well. You shouldn't hate it if you haven't read the book. I don't even hate it, I just don't like change :laugh: I do love Oona Chaplin though.

It has just gotten too gratuitous for my tastes. I honestly don't care how true it is to the books or not.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 20:04
I'm just a purist :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 20:05
It has just gotten too gratuitous for my tastes. I honestly don't care how true it is to the books or not.

what with nudity? And that's somehow a problem? I got a tampon for you, bro :sarcasm:

vonbonds
04-23-2012, 20:07
what with nudity? And that's somehow a problem? I got a tampon for you, bro :sarcasm:

Naw, I don't mind that obviously. They are using senseless violence for viewership from what I can tell instead of just telling a great story.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 20:10
Naw, I don't mind that obviously. They are using senseless violence for viewership from what I can tell instead of just telling a great story.

Um, that IS the books. It's all about violence man. The story will form, keep watching, don't give up.

The Tyrion stuff is just heating up.

vonbonds
04-23-2012, 20:13
Um, that IS the books. It's all about violence man. The story will form, keep watching, don't give up.

The Tyrion stuff is just heating up.

Violence with a story is better than just violence. I have a feeling we are heading up to a Lord of the Rings "epic battle crapfest" soon in season 2.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 20:15
There will be no epic battles because they cost too much money for the budget :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 20:17
Only battle they'll show is blackwater, I think.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 20:20
Only battle they'll show is blackwater, I think.
How much do you really think they will show? And did you see the preview of the next episode I posted earlier?

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 20:21
How much do you really think they will show? And did you see the preview of the next episode I posted earlier?

I did not, and they'll show all the ships catching fire, I'm sure.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 20:30
I did not, and they'll show all the ships catching fire, I'm sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM5aNNXzoAU&list=UUQzdMyuz0Lf4zo4uGcEujFw&feature=plcp
DF, still think Arya around Tywin isn't weird?
So he notices she is from the North.

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-23-2012, 20:46
I am not going to nitpick about some of the alterations, this season as been all I wanted and more. The best hour on TV.

I cant wait to jump back into the books this summer.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 20:49
So he notices she is from the North.

Northerners have a look. They just look hard. Still OK with it. He'll be off to battle soon.

I am not going to nitpick about some of the alterations, this season as been all I wanted and more. The best hour on TV.

I cant wait to jump back into the books this summer.

OK, so no spoilers in this thread anymore, it's clear only me and Cohrs have read it :laugh:

Oh and Mikey.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 20:52
I don't really spoil anything and when I get close I use vague terms. The tv show is just something to pass time until The Winds of Winter comes out.

I haven't lost complete hope for the show. There are some scenes that if done well could redeem the season.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 20:53
I don't hate it, it's just slow right now.

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-23-2012, 20:54
If you expect any screen adaption of a novel, let alone a series of novels to be exact, you are kidding yourselves.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 20:55
If you expect any screen adaption of a novel, let alone a series of novels to be exact, you are kidding yourselves.

Season one was. Few changes here and there, but for the most part, it was exact. So much so, that you didn't even need to read book one after watching S1.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 20:56
I wasn't expecting it. It's impossible to follow the books exactly. There's just too much. All I ask for is that if there is too much to add and you have to cut things out, to not cut things that would make the show good and add things for shock factor.

Their biggest problem is budget. I get it. They can't do a lot of the things they would like to because they just aren't given the money to do so.

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-23-2012, 20:57
Bingo.

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-23-2012, 20:59
I hope I get some sort of vacation this summer, if my funds allow it.

I would like to read Swords over a week, week and a half span. It is a massive goal but I either plow through a novel or take 4 years to read it.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 21:07
Swords you won't want to put down once you pick it up

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 21:14
Swords you won't want to put down once you pick it up
Definitely the best one so far. I have a feeling Winds will be very similar to Swords.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 21:16
I hope so. Won't know till at best next year.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 21:17
I hope so. Won't know till at best next year.
Next year? :laugh: I'm hoping for 2014 earliest.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 21:19
Like I said, AT BEST. At worst, he dies.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 21:26
Like I said, AT BEST. At worst, he dies.
He's been on a signing tour for the past month. I doubt he's been writing during it. His biggest problem is that he never says no to these signings and conventions. He even said it on his blog.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 21:27
He's never said no to cake either.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 21:38
He better start writing down what is going to happen. He has always said that he already knows what is going to happen with all the main characters.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 21:40
He better start writing down what is going to happen. He has always said that he already knows what is going to happen with all the main characters.

I'm sure someone knows lol. If this guy dies though.....

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 21:43
I'm sure someone knows lol. If this guy dies though.....
I don't think anyone truly knows. I think he has things written down somewhere. People may know bits and pieces.

We do this every time :laugh: If he dies I will be really upset. For as great as the books are, he is also a very interesting person.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 21:43
He's a *******. Just tell me what happens.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 21:54
I'm at the point where I 100% believe R+L=J. The only question in my mind is who ends up on the iron throne and what happens with Arya. I've read things with stories of him saying that the person that sits the iron throne will be bittersweet. Arya is just a badass and her arc is my favorite.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 22:01
Yeah, she's everyone's favorite.

Krinkle
04-23-2012, 22:19
Was gonna go to bed but decided to check Woot.....

Woot Off

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 22:37
i should at least attempt to sleep.

selyar
04-24-2012, 04:22
I figured that you didn't between having a kid and a job :laugh:

I just made a powerpoint for my interview on friday about my internship this past summer. I have to say it is fucking boss.

Selyar, mind proofreading it for me? :D

yeah i'll look at it

Was gonna go to bed but decided to check Woot.....

Woot Off

damn you for telling me.

bah. razor scooter? woot off killer.

someone buy those shits so i can get something good.

onefatsurfer
04-24-2012, 04:26
**** work.

selyar
04-24-2012, 04:30
woohoo the scooters sold.

i have such a bad feeling about tonight.

Dr. Doom
04-24-2012, 09:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGnWXLkawkA

Devilsfanatic
04-24-2012, 09:26
That's a bit from his stand up.

Lord Ned Stark
04-24-2012, 10:20
**** yea.. 57 on my orgo exam.. def means i can pass now

Dr. Doom
04-24-2012, 16:11
if we lose my plans will change tonight and i'm going to drink until i pass out

Devilsfanatic
04-24-2012, 16:15
when we lose my plans will change tonight and i'm going to drink until i pass out

Fixed.

Dr. Doom
04-24-2012, 16:16
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/funny-gifs-saying-something-stupid.gif

Dr. Doom
04-24-2012, 19:37
my heart is going so crazy right now that i can't focus or do anything. i was going to do hw tonight, but i'm just going to go out to the bar.

Dr. Doom
04-25-2012, 07:02
wow i got really drunk last night. it probably helped that i didn't really eat anything for dinner.

selyar
04-25-2012, 07:23
omg omg omg people bought us wedding gifts from the registry!

i know that's what they do, and how it works, but this is the first time i logged into my registry and found gifts purchased! yay!!

Dr. Doom
04-25-2012, 08:35
i'm really struggling right now. today is going to be a really long day.

Dr. Doom
04-25-2012, 12:55
found out my only class today is cancelled.
http://hbucollegian.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/success-kid-i-hate-sandcastles-ayer.jpg

vonbonds
04-25-2012, 13:07
omg omg omg people bought us wedding gifts from the registry!

i know that's what they do, and how it works, but this is the first time i logged into my registry and found gifts purchased! yay!!

Where did you register?

selyar
04-25-2012, 13:20
bed bath and beyond and macys

vonbonds
04-25-2012, 13:31
bed bath and beyond and macys

Nice, I checked out your BBB list. This is what hurt my wife and I getting married at a court house and just doing a party in the back yard. We never really got the gift train that comes with getting married. I can't complain though, I didn't have to deal with the planning nightmare of a wedding and ours cost 65 bucks and took a few minutes..lol :).

selyar
04-25-2012, 13:34
thats the vast majority of it. the only reason we have macy's is because we couldn't agree on a china pattern at BBB and i hated all the bedding there too.

rob is kinda anti registry. he doesn't like asking for things like that. he doesn't want people to spend needlessly on us. we put in alot of effort trying to find things that were what we wanted and not crazy money. we also like that everyone can get 20% at bbb with the coupons. it was a battle to finish the registry and it's probably not perfect, but i haven't touched it in months.

vonbonds
04-25-2012, 13:37
Whose idea was the coffee press, yours or OFS's? A customer of mine has one (no idea if it is that one) and swears by it.

selyar
04-25-2012, 13:39
all the coffee is him. the perk is for when we have people over and need to make more than a cup in the morning. that's what the press is for. i don't drink coffee unless i'm running on very little sleep (like this week with the red eye and the OT game)

vonbonds
04-25-2012, 13:54
all the coffee is him. the perk is for when we have people over and need to make more than a cup in the morning. that's what the press is for. i don't drink coffee unless i'm running on very little sleep (like this week with the red eye and the OT game)

I never really drank coffee until my son was born. Wait till you have children together, you will have an IV port in your arm for coffee alone! :laugh:

Dr. Doom
04-25-2012, 14:47
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/funny-gifs-zach-galifianakis-knows-how-to-make-an-entrance.gif

Krinkle
04-25-2012, 15:08
The photoshop thread on HF is fucking gold.

Travis you poor thing, I can't wait to see the look on his face when I ask him to sign one of those for me next year

Getzo5
04-25-2012, 15:11

Travis you poor thing, I can't wait to see the look on his face when I ask him to sign one of those for me next year :laugh: great idea.

Dr. Doom
04-25-2012, 15:18
http://i.imgur.com/mDORS.gif

the doughty ones are great too

Krinkle
04-25-2012, 15:30
What's the background to that Doughty picture anyways? The look on his face is pretty classic

guyincognito
04-25-2012, 15:31
Leave it to goofy Zajac....

Dr. Doom
04-25-2012, 16:00
What's the background to that Doughty picture anyways? The look on his face is pretty classic
i'm not sure i know the whole backstory, but i think after a goal or a netmouth scramble he was looking at the jumbotron and that's the face he was making.

vonbonds
04-25-2012, 16:17

Travis you poor thing, I can't wait to see the look on his face when I ask him to sign one of those for me next year

Can you post a link please? I don't go there much anymore and I can't find it.

Krinkle
04-25-2012, 16:30
Can you post a link please? I don't go there much anymore and I can't find it.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1177033

Dr. Doom
04-25-2012, 16:40
**** i'm tired

Dr. Doom
04-25-2012, 16:45
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=48811357&postcount=153

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-25-2012, 17:02
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5112/6966897876_b822384dc0_b.jpg

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-25-2012, 17:10
city folk just dont get it

Dr. Doom
04-25-2012, 17:19
karl pilkington is the funniest person on the planet

pariseforpresident
04-25-2012, 17:33
I have an ********

pariseforpresident
04-25-2012, 18:13
And it's gone

vonbonds
04-25-2012, 18:54
I have to admit, the photoshop threads are by far my favorite thing on HF...pure brilliance!

Krinkle
04-25-2012, 19:43
They're at it already, holy ****....

http://i.imgur.com/VbTmY.gif

devilzrule27
04-25-2012, 19:59
The Party and Bullstar thread doesn't have the same ring to it.

vonbonds
04-25-2012, 19:59
Brilliant!

http://i46.tinypic.com/1h40th.gif

vonbonds
04-25-2012, 20:12
karl pilkington is the funniest person on the planet

Is he for real or is it all an act? I think he is for real.

Vinnie
04-25-2012, 20:27
The xfm shows are still the best source of Karl entertainment in my opinion.

Getzo5
04-25-2012, 20:34
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff55/btman131/1335407784163.jpg

rofl

Dr. Doom
04-25-2012, 20:54
Is he for real or is it all an act? I think he is for real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRg_uzTFufo&feature=related

JimEIV
04-26-2012, 07:25
Good morning all. It feels like it is going to be a great day!

Big#D
04-26-2012, 07:28
everyone has moved over to http://hockeybroads.com/

because of the swear filters here now.

JimEIV
04-26-2012, 07:35
****ing swear filters are bull****.

JimEIV
04-26-2012, 09:39
But damnit! we can't keep jumping ship every time something pisses us off...geeze don't you people know I don't like change!

Big#D
04-26-2012, 11:00
But damnit! we can't keep jumping ship every time something pisses us off...geeze don't you people know I don't like change!

Won't happen again. Just go to Broads. DF should have told you to go there in the first place but was too power hungry.

Broads has been around since 2007 or so. It's going nowhere.

devilzrule27
04-26-2012, 13:08
Just you wait until I burn it to the ground then!

pariseforpresident
04-27-2012, 18:49
raping churches and burning women

jkrdevil
04-28-2012, 08:57
Are we coming back? If so good, I can't use that board for some reason