PDA

View Full Version : GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Florida Panthers - 7:30 PM (Game 2)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Lord Ned Stark
04-16-2012, 04:04
i say yes. Dat line.

Lord Ned Stark
04-16-2012, 04:07
Also big daddy larsson should get his feet wet

JimEIV
04-16-2012, 04:24
The 40 minute lack of effort was a disgrace. They weren't prepared to play and that was apparent from the opening faceoff.

Screw that "optional practice" ****. This team has showed time after time that they can fall into lulls. This is no time for that. Time for a leader to emerge.

That game was sickening to watch. And the fact that they turned it on in the 3rd made the lack of effort in the first 40 minutes even more apparent and frustrating. Laziest, childest, the most self-centered devils team I've ever seen. Just terrible. For the oldest team in the league, they act like a bunch of rookies that are figuring this stuff out for the first time.

doc e
04-16-2012, 04:31
The 40 minute lack of effort was a disgrace. They weren't prepared to play and that was apparent from the opening faceoff.

Screw that "optional practice" ****. This team has showed time after time that they can fall into lulls. This is no time for that. Time for a leader to emerge.

That game was sickening to watch. And the fact that they turned it on in the 3rd made the lack of effort in the first 40 minutes even more apparent and frustrating. Laziest, childest, the most self-centered devils team I've ever seen. Just terrible. For the oldest team in the league, they act like a bunch of rookies that are figuring this stuff out for the first time.

on a lighter note, i thought that bernier had a great fucking game.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-16-2012, 05:48
Henrique should start the game on the top line

the offense has shown up for 2 of 6 periods and produced 5 goals. if they even gave HALF an effort on the offensive side the other 4 periods we would be up 2-0 quite easily. it is pathetic that they still show a lack of urgency but that is why I am not worried. yet.

Big#D
04-16-2012, 07:21
I'm done talking about this game. Hoping for better things in game 3.

http://i.imgur.com/XKLHQ.gif

I like that he has to go get the sledgehammer and the gun, but he has gasoline sitting next to his desk (the match would be normal if he was a smoker).

And yes, I know I'm talking about a gif and that my comment probably makes you want to do the same to your screen.

Big#D
04-16-2012, 07:28
People need to be dedicated like me. I'm paying 90 and all the gas money and hotel money. I could go to four games if I lived there with that price.

I've never seen refs call two penalties on the same hit. What was it, high stick and charging? Stupidity.

absolutely. if i lived in the area, i'd be able to at least pony up for one game. i don't get how 40 bucks will break the bank. it's beyond me.

honestly, i'd argue that the amount of time required to attend all the games would be a bigger deal than spending the money. people find a way to spend money on stupid things* like cigarettes, booze, restaurants, cell phones, etc., they can find the money to spend on a hockey game if they really want to go. they just don't really want to go. they should just admit it.

*relative to the necessities in life

vonbonds
04-16-2012, 07:36
absolutely. if i lived in the area, i'd be able to at least pony up for one game. i don't get how 40 bucks will break the bank. it's beyond me.

honestly, i'd argue that the amount of time required to attend all the games would be a bigger deal than spending the money. people find a way to spend money on stupid things* like cigarettes, booze, restaurants, cell phones, etc., they can find the money to spend on a hockey game if they really want to go. they just don't really want to go. they should just admit it.

*relative to the necessities in life

You hit the nail on the head. I can easily afford season tickets now but distance and time are my only problems for almost everything in life. When I was a kid I swore on a stack of bibles I was going to get season tickets for at least one year. I don't see ever moving back into the area, hell if I move again it will be in the other direction purely for cost of living and opportunity reasons.

Are ticket master and stub hub the two main places to get tickets for games? I don't even know. Everything I go to is company sponsored so I just get a free ticket and pay for parking.

selyar
04-16-2012, 07:45
am i the only person that didn't care that much that we lost tonight? maybe it was because i was drunk before the game started.

i'm alittle ashamed that i fell asleep watching the game last night.

but wine + allergy meds completely knocked me out.

SLNP
04-16-2012, 19:41
for me money is no issue. it's more of time that i have a problem with.

devilzrule27
04-16-2012, 19:45
for me money is no issue. it's more of time that i have a problem with.

Yeah same for me. I could have went to both games in Sunrise but I wasn't making the 5+ hour drive there and then the 5+ hour drive back. My dog would end up shitting all over my house. I would consider it if these were ECF games but I'm just not spending 14 hours of my day on a first round matchup. I'll just watch at home, thank you very much.

Devilsfanatic
04-16-2012, 19:47
I'm driving nine hours for it. YES! YES! YES! YES!

I would be at both games if work schedules for me and my buddy allowed it.

SLNP
04-16-2012, 19:49

and herein lies my problem. i work tuesday AND thursday nights until 9. if it was friday? i'm there. Saturday? I'm there. but the two nights a week i work are the days the games are on.

devilzrule27
04-16-2012, 19:51

Congratulations. I wouldn't do that. Not worth it for me.

Devilsfanatic
04-16-2012, 19:52
Congratulations. I wouldn't do that. Not worth it for me.

You'd go if it was Columbus. You're just as bad as CJ.

devilzrule27
04-16-2012, 19:54
You'd go if it was Columbus. You're just as bad as CJ.

haha well then it would be a Stanley Cup Final game. You bet your *** I would make the trek down to Sunrise for that.

Tao Jones
04-16-2012, 20:07
I'll miss this one in it's enitrety unless it goes to OT.

I'll be home after 11 EDT.

I'll be able to watch all of Thursday's game though.

Lord Ned Stark
04-16-2012, 20:12

Me and bill will be there. I don't think well get there in time to get to hells but we can get some beers before

Lord Ned Stark
04-16-2012, 20:13
Also pat. How could I forget pat

Devilsfanatic
04-16-2012, 20:28
We can go get some drinks afterwards. Just let me know whassup.