PDA

View Full Version : GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Florida Panthers - 6:30 PM (Game 5)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

jkrdevil
04-21-2012, 18:34
Except??? The devils didn't accomplish anything? I guess if you were 12 years old in 2003 you would think that.

He meant after some key players left. We dropped dead after Stevens retired. They stayed strong after Yzerman retired.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-21-2012, 18:34
Imagine a final 8 of STL, PHX, NSH, LA, FLA, PHI, WSH, and OTT.

I hope NBC enjoyed their nice ratings while it lasted :laugh:

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 18:35
Perhaps, but by the same token I don't think think St. louis is that great in comparison.

I think they play the correct style, at least, if we were capable of doing that we sure as hell wouldn't be losing this. Maybe it would hurt them in the deep end of the pool, but is there a deep end of the pool left anymore?

jkrdevil
04-21-2012, 18:36
Imagine a final 8 of STL, PHX, NSH, LA, FLA, PHI, WSH, and OTT.

I hope NBC enjoyed their nice ratings while it lasted :laugh:

This would be where the league breathes that the deal was up last year and they are locked in now

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 18:36
Except??? The devils didn't accomplish anything? I guess if you were 12 years old in 2003 you would think that.

I'm talking about post-lockout, that team was done pre-lockout. The post-lockout Devils have just been the remnants of something that is dead. Detriot at least got one last run in with their group.

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 18:37
You know which captain last got the Devils to round two?

jkrdevil
04-21-2012, 18:37
So basically we are saying there were 0 great teams this year

jkrdevil
04-21-2012, 18:38
You know which captain last got the Devils to round two?

The only skater out there who looks to know how to play in the playoffs?

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 18:38
So basically we are saying there were 0 great teams this year

Pittsburgh is, if they would play something resembling hockey, and not the style I play in EA sports games. Vancouver and Boston should be, but apparently they're not. The Rangers are what they are, but I'm still stunned this ended up like this, I thought someone else would get them later, Ottawa isn't any good.

doc e
04-21-2012, 18:39
Still at work. Should I even bother watching the dvr of this game?

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 18:41
The only skater out there who looks to know how to play in the playoffs?

This is correct.

In fact, he's the only Captain not named Stevens to get the Devils out of round one. Even in 06 when he was the defacto captain, they made it. Brent Sutter was a disgrace to this franchise.

Niedermayer, Langenbrunner and now Parise all fail to get the Devils to round two. I can't wait till he leaves. I'd retire 26 to the rafters BEFORE the game on Tuesday.

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 18:41
Still at work. Should I even bother watching the dvr of this game?

It was 3-0. So, no.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 18:43
the nicest opportunity we had all game was when bernier tried to deflect a pass off of a skate.

jkrdevil
04-21-2012, 18:44
Spezza!

Krinkle
04-21-2012, 18:46
Thank fucking god

Vinnie
At least we didn't get shut out at home?

Getzo5
Taste your own medicine, Rags.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-21-2012, 18:47
Boy, it is a time like now that I wish I didn't contribute to getting Trots banned. I'd love another go at him.

jkrdevil
04-21-2012, 18:48
And I change the channel to fucking see grumpy tie the game

Devilsfanatic
So, the Rangers are in the same boat as we are. So we'll both be golfing by Wednesday? Good to know.

guyincognito
This is correct.

In fact, he's the only Captain not named Stevens to get the Devils out of round one. Even in 06 when he was the defacto captain, they made it. Brent Sutter was a disgrace to this franchise.

Niedermayer, Langenbrunner and now Parise all fail to get the Devils to round two. I can't wait till he leaves. I'd retire 26 to the rafters BEFORE the game on Tuesday.

I'd rather sign Parise to a reasonable deal and get rid of the other guy, but that ain't happening. Since it can't, I'd rather get rid of both. I wonder if it'll be in their thought process considering their financial situation. Do you want to pay him $11m? He's sorta given what he should for $6M, but that's a whole other galaxy at $11M, for that ****, I want 50 goals, trophies galore and $100 bills cascading down from the rafters when we win.

Krinkle
04-21-2012, 18:49
Boy, it is a time like now that I wish I didn't contribute to getting Trots banned. I'd love another go at him.

Is that what happened? How? All those insane PM's he sent people?

jkrdevil
04-21-2012, 18:49
There is the Sharks meltdown

jkrdevil
04-21-2012, 18:50
So, the Rangers are in the same boat as we are. So we'll both be golfing by Wednesday? Good to know.

Niether fan base will admit it, but both teams are the same.

Getzo5
04-21-2012, 18:51
Niemi. :laugh:

This is amazing. 2-1 Blues, two goals in 45 seconds. Goodnight Sha-arks.

Devilsfanatic
I'd rather sign Parise to a reasonable deal and get rid of the other guy, but that ain't happening. Since it can't, I'd rather get rid of both. I wonder if it'll be in their thought process considering their financial situation. Do you want to pay him $11m? He's sorta given what he should for $6M, but that's a whole other galaxy at $11M, for that ****, I want 50 goals, trophies galore and $100 bills cascading down from the rafters when we win.

I'd rather he dies. Put a Russia jersey on that **** and a team USA jersey on Parise and they'll perform.

Getzo5
Niether fan base will admit it, but both teams are the same.They have more character.

Vinnie
04-21-2012, 18:52
Honestly I'd be fine with Lou being shown the door at this point. Since 3/4/27/Burns all left he's been grasping at straws. I mean, we'd still be fucked for the foreseeable future unless we can find some sucker to take our Russians, but at least it would be a change.

Getzo5
04-21-2012, 18:52
Boy, it is a time like now that I wish I didn't contribute to getting Trots banned. I'd love another go at him.You and me both.

jkrdevil
04-21-2012, 18:54
They have more character.

I'm not too sure. They talk a game, but when they got a chance to stand up for themselves after Ottawa oushed back they cowered.

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 18:54
I want Patrik Elias to come out in game six with a C on his jersey. I want Kovalchuk to get a career ending injury and Parise to **** right off. This team is pathetic. There is no way they win game six or game seven for that matter.

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 18:56
I'm not too sure. They talk a game, but when they got a chance to stand up for themselves after Ottawa oushed back they cowered.

They've been giving themselves up all year to win regular season games. They just don't have anything left and their big guys aren't doing anything, partially because their style doesn't allow anyone to do anything in tight games.

jkrdevil
04-21-2012, 18:57
Honestly I'd be fine with Lou being shown the door at this point. Since 3/4/27/Burns all left he's been grasping at straws. I mean, we'd still be fucked for the foreseeable future unless we can find some sucker to take our Russians, but at least it would be a change.

I think sometimes Lou gets a bad wrap, they didn't fall of a cliff post lockout like the Avs and Stars did. However if we are going to tear it down let someone who is going to be around do it.

Getzo5
04-21-2012, 18:58
They've been giving themselves up all year to win regular season games. They just don't have anything left and their big guys aren't doing anything, partially because their style doesn't allow anyone to do anything in tight games.Exactly.

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 18:58
Lou hasn't been great since the lockout, but he made smart/good moves for guys this season that all panned out well for us during the season that helped get us into the playoffs after several guys went down with injuries

This team has to show up as the 100 point team they were and show the strength they did the second half of the season - why they aren't doing so in the playoffs? What can Lou do there?

Because as usual they did it by the skin of their teeth and they don't have the guts/legs/both to play the game at a higher level.
This is a lame *** playoff series and they still don't have it. ****, Parise said it after the game, that they didn't come out hard enough. WTF?

I mean you can go a long way towards putting this away, and that's all we got afterwards? We didn't come out hard enough, well, what are we waiting for? You've lost 3 out of 4 games to a shitty team.

vonbonds
04-21-2012, 19:02
I'm talking about post-lockout, that team was done pre-lockout. The post-lockout Devils have just been the remnants of something that is dead. Detriot at least got one last run in with their group.

I missed this game but this quote is what I have been saying for a long time. Post lockout the Devils have been ****. Built for a different rule set and Lou taking forever to figure it out. Sacrilege but I hope he resigns this offseason. No more freebies for being great for 2 decades, this team is still far away from smelling greatness.

jkrdevil
04-21-2012, 19:04
What rules were this team built for, because it sure as hell isn't pre-lockout hockey. This group would be swept

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 19:06
this series will go 7 if the devils actually show up. what happens after that i do not know

VaxjoDevil
04-21-2012, 19:06

Yeah, he would be a good punching bag right now.

I remember him douching around also about Washington being a soft loser team. I haven't really seen that in those games against Boston.

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 19:07
Yup, it's a Langenbrunnarian response

Parise can tell TG prior to the game that the team is ready and had a great skate yesterday and all that mumbo jumbo bullshit but back it the **** up, show up and make a difference, you are a captain, if your team really is feeling so great and had a great skate but they come out sluggish, step up and make a difference, motivate the team

Well, because a guy is a C doesn't mean he's the leader of the team. I'm not sure one of the younger guys on a team can BE a leader. The whole C thing is overblown, you have captains and you have leaders. We've had a bunch of captains but very few leaders. And it's something the team sorely lacks, they don't have them on the ice and they don't have them on the bench.

jkrdevil
04-21-2012, 19:07
Scary thing is we right now are probably the Islanders circa early 90s. The Devils are getting to that cross roads. Foretunatly we got a new building

Krinkle
04-21-2012, 19:08
Now is the time on Sprokets where we drink ourselves into oblivion

Vinnie
Lou hasn't been great since the lockout, but he made smart/good moves for guys this season that all panned out well for us during the season that helped get us into the playoffs after several guys went down with injuries

This team has to show up as the 100 point team they were and show the strength they did the second half of the season - why they aren't doing so in the playoffs, who the **** knows? What can Lou do there?

He did make some good depth moves this year, but he also assembled this team. The drafting hasn't been anything to brag about for a while and the less said about UFA signings the better.

guyincognito
Yeah, he would be a good punching bag right now.

I remember him douching around also about Washington being a soft loser team. I haven't really seen that in those games against Boston.

He's been wrong about virtually everything he said. One of the funniest was about the abusive ice time put on certain guys. Well, Larsson isn't even playing anymore and Kovy is a total loser shell of his usual self.

vonbonds
04-21-2012, 19:10
What rules were this team built for, because it sure as hell isn't pre-lockout hockey. This group would be swept

I agree. This team is a hodge podge of parts, I have said that before too. I don't even care if we win in 7. I know there isn't a prayer they can win the cup and that is all I are about.

VaxjoDevil
04-21-2012, 19:12
He's been wrong about virtually everything he said. One of the funniest was about the abusive ice time put on certain guys. Well, Larsson isn't even playing anymore and Kovy is a total loser shell of his usual self.

Yeah, and if one had the opinion that they were overplaying Lars, then one was of course called a baby-sitting wuss.

Getzo5
04-21-2012, 19:13
Well, because a guy is a C doesn't mean he's the leader of the team. I'm not sure one of the younger guys on a team can BE a leader. The whole C thing is overblown, you have captains and you have leaders. We've had a bunch of captains but very few leaders. And it's something the team sorely lacks, they don't have them on the ice and they don't have them on the bench.It really comes down to drafting.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-21-2012, 19:13
You and me both.

Amazing how 100% wrong he is now.

VaxjoDevil
04-21-2012, 19:14
I agree that they will win game 6 though, just to fail in game 7. It will be glorious.

But at least Marty saying that it's great that people want associate themselves with rats was pretty funny.

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 19:17
I love the Devils. They make me so happy, they've made my Saturday night!

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 19:17
I agree that they will win game 6 though, just to fail in game 7. It will be glorious.

But at least Marty saying that it's great that people want associate themselves with rats was pretty funny.

They'll win game six when I turn white.

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 19:21
I love the Devils. They make me so happy, they've made my Saturday night!

Eh, you gotta learn to embrace the suck. I'm getting diminishing anger at their losses. It's almost to the point where I may sarcastically clap them off the ice when they lose. And then after that, what's left other than seriously clapping them off the ice when they lose. Like a little kids soccer team.

Getzo5
"learn to embrace the suck" sounds great. :laugh:

Amazing how 100% wrong he is now.Not at all. We all knew he was wrong. Suckers didn`t. Well, who cares, **** them.

Clarkson Falls Down
Re Lou: I actually really liked most of what he's done this year. This is a good roster. It's not his fault this year. This is on the players - specifically the forwards.

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 19:22
Eh, you gotta learn to embrace the suck. I'm getting diminishing anger at their losses. It's almost to the point where I may sarcastically clap them off the ice when they lose. And then after that, what's left other than seriously clapping them off the ice when they lose. Like a little kids soccer team.

I'll never embrace it. I can't embrace failure. I hope they die in a fire.

JimEIV
I gotta go to bed. I have to get up at 4:00am tomorrow. But I'm so pissed off I won't be able to sleep. The worst part of tonight is I had to watch the game in central Pennsylvania with 3 douchebag Penguin fans.

Clarkson Falls Down
Not at all. We all knew he was wrong. Suckers didn`t. Well, who cares, **** them.

Said in the most sarcastic way possible :laugh:

vonbonds
04-21-2012, 19:24
Re Lou: I actually really liked most of what he's done this year. This is a good roster. It's not his fault this year. This is on the players - specifically the forwards.

I am calling BS. Who are our offensive defensemen? It is super hard to score with just forwards in this league on a consistent basis. This is why Elias lobbied for Zidlicky so hard in my opinion.

Krinkle
04-21-2012, 19:24
So - how did you guys get that guy banned??

Clarkson Falls Down
04-21-2012, 19:25

Yep. I was pissed in 08, devastated in 09, indifferent in 10, and complacent now. I'm used to it by now.

Now its the Niners turn to let me down :laugh:

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 19:28
So - how did you guys get that guy banned??

I don't think he was actually banned, I think he was told to go away for awhile. He sent extremely creepy PMs to people. Basically saying what he was thinking when he typed his condescending posts.

jkrdevil
04-21-2012, 19:30
At least there probably isn't going to be anymore dealing with the Panthers announcers. Tuesday should be on CNBC at least, if Philly wins tomorrow it will be on NBCSN (nationally)

Clarkson Falls Down
04-21-2012, 19:33
I am calling BS. Who are our offensive defensemen? It is super hard to score with just forwards in this league on a consistent basis. This is why Elias lobbied for Zidlicky so hard in my opinion.

The D has been a strength. Fayne and Greene haven't been on the ice for a GA. I am a fan of what Zidlicky brings. But Sal shouldn't be brought back because I don't believe in having 2 Ds who kill shifts in the offensive zone.

But the D is turning in the right direction.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 19:35
up until the 2nd goal marty was having a hell of a game

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 19:35
At least there probably isn't going to be anymore dealing with the Panthers announcers. Tuesday should be on CNBC at least, if Philly wins tomorrow it will be on NBCSN (nationally)

Oh good. So the nation can see them fail spectacularly.

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 19:36
up until the 2nd goal marty was having a hell of a game

Even that wasn't all him, he made the biggest mistake by not taking a penalty (which he could have easily done when they puck died and he was trapped, but you got Sal and Kovy letting two guys go to the net while waiting for a breakout that was obviously never coming to their side anyway.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 19:38
the lack of physicality in this series is embarrassing on both sides

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 19:38
every game is reminiscent of a regular season game where nothing is on the line

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 19:39
If the Devils win this series, you guys can vote to change my username to whatever you want it to be. I guarantee they lose this.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 19:40
dang it just started POURing out of nowhere over here.

vonbonds
04-21-2012, 19:42
The D has been a strength. Fayne and Greene haven't been on the ice for a GA. I am a fan of what Zidlicky brings. But Sal shouldn't be brought back because I don't believe in having 2 Ds who kill shifts in the offensive zone.

But the D is turning in the right direction.

I love Fayne for who he is, Greene I wish had more offensive flair but I still like him. Larsson...who knows at this point, not nearly as many flashes of brilliance this year as I hoped for and has a terrible time dealing with speed which is odd to me considering the type of international talent he played against for Team Sweden. Tallinder is pretty inconsistent and I am not a fan of either Salvador's nor Volchenkov's pure defensive style. Zidlicky I am ok with so far all things considered.

I dunno, Gelinas and/or Urbom need to step up next year and command ice time. Getzo said it just before, our spotty drafting has hindered us greatly.

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 19:47
Larsson isn't someone you're talking about until he's pushing 22-23 years old. If he develops earlier, great, but he's a defenseman. People, like some photoshop guy, who use him as an excuse or get on him, are delusional.

VaxjoDevil
04-21-2012, 19:48
I gotta cheer myself up a little bit. Lets open a cold beer and take a peak at Rangers f-board.

vonbonds
04-21-2012, 19:49
Larsson isn't someone you're talking about until he's pushing 22-23 years old. If he develops earlier, great, but he's a defenseman. People, like some photoshop guy, who use him as an excuse or get on him, are delusional.

I am by no means down on him long term but as I said, what gave him issues seems weird to me because of the talent he played against internationally.

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 19:52
I am by no means down on him long term but as I said, what gave him issues seems weird to me because of the talent he played against internationally.

He needs to work on his backwards skating. I have no idea what style he played over there, he could have been playing a Ranger-esque style where they were packed in and it wasn't necessary to get back quickly with strong position. I think that's his biggest weakness, he skates better as a forward (attacking) than he does as a defenseman.

VaxjoDevil
04-21-2012, 19:53
On a side note, I think Chico had an awful game. The best was when he said Henrique's ugly buttend was completely unintentional. I'm getting so meh with him trying to rosy over everything.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 19:57
after elias first goal of this series i thought we were going to roll over them. then they completely unraveled in front of my eyes and so the story goes

Clarkson Falls Down
04-21-2012, 19:59
I love Fayne for who he is, Greene I wish had more offensive flair but I still like him. Larsson...who knows at this point, not nearly as many flashes of brilliance this year as I hoped for and has a terrible time dealing with speed which is odd to me considering the type of international talent he played against for Team Sweden. Tallinder is pretty inconsistent and I am not a fan of either Salvador's nor Volchenkov's pure defensive style. Zidlicky I am ok with so far all things considered.

I dunno, Gelinas and/or Urbom need to step up next year and command ice time. Getzo said it just before, our spotty drafting has hindered us greatly.

Fayne really is a gem for what we knew about him and where he came from. He's a rock. So is Greene. He's not getting points cause Kovalchuk needs a RH shot on the PP. Before Kovy came 2 years ago Greene helped the PP crack the top 10.

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 20:02
Kovalchuk needs to get his *** down to the circle. How many has he scored from the point, and is it more than Brian Rolston? I'm not sure it is.

Also, thinking about that shitshow of the play, where was the C? :laugh: I just realized that now, you have Sal and Kovy holding their dicks on the side of the ice that Marty cannot pass to, even if he does get the puck, the entire center ice is vacated, where the **** was the C? :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 20:13
On a side note, I think Chico had an awful game. The best was when he said Henrique's ugly buttend was completely unintentional. I'm getting so meh with him trying to rosy over everything.

The Henrique buttend was to the fifth skater on the ice......on a Panthers PK.

vonbonds
04-21-2012, 20:15
Henrique came back to earth, Josefson gets hurt again, Zajac isn't 100% and Elias is very good minus his shitty face off ability. Center depth and good defense with solid goaltending is the model for post lockout playoff success...check out our team and think about it.

VaxjoDevil
04-21-2012, 20:16
Kovalchuk needs to get his *** down to the circle. How many has he scored from the point, and is it more than Brian Rolston? I'm not sure it is.

Also, thinking about that shitshow of the play, where was the C? :laugh: I just realized that now, you have Sal and Kovy holding their dicks on the side of the ice that Marty cannot pass to, even if he does get the puck, the entire center ice is vacated, where the **** was the C? :laugh:

That would be Travtrav, I guess?

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 20:22
That would be Travtrav, I guess?

I dunno, Henrique was playing with Kovalchuk too. My cable broke and it came back on right around the dump in.

VaxjoDevil
04-21-2012, 20:25
I dunno, Henrique was playing with Kovalchuk too. My cable broke and it came back on right around the dump in.

I went to check now, according to TOI the goal was at 13.17 and Zajac's shift ended...13.17 :laugh: Wonder if dude went to change. That is not exactly the time to do it.

VaxjoDevil
04-21-2012, 20:26
The Henrique buttend was to the fifth skater on the ice......on a Panthers PK.

I have no problem with him kicking out a couple of teeth there with his buttend, but Chico has been telling rosy stories all series.

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 20:28
I went to check now, according to TOI the goal was at 13.17 and Zajac's shift ended...13.17 :laugh: Wonder if dude went to change. That is not exactly the time to do it.

That would explain where the C was

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 20:28
all i wanted was for kovi to prove the people wrong that said the devils would never win anyting with him.

too bad he hasnt shown up for one game this entire series.. hurt/injured idc. he fucking had ONE shift this game where it looked like he had his legs under him.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 20:31
the only thing he did well that game was kill the forecheck and turn it over.

vonbonds
04-21-2012, 20:33
all i wanted was for kovi to prove the people wrong that said the devils would never win anyting with him.

too bad he hasnt shown up for one game this entire series.. hurt/injured idc. he fucking had ONE shift this game where it looked like he had his legs under him.

I missed the game but answer this. What center was creating offensive opportunities and what D was consistently offering a 4th player offensively on his shifts? I have no hate for Kovy or even Parise. How many wingers take over games without solid centers? Add in our crack defense and this is what you get, inconsistency.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 20:33
just get finished killing off a 4 minute major and we get a powerplay of our own.. puck comes to him, he decides hes going to try a saucer pass to zid.. powerplay fail

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 20:39
I missed the game but answer this. What center was creating offensive opportunities and what D was consistently offering a 4th player offensively on his shifts? I have no hate for Kovy or even Parise. How many wingers take over games without solid centers? Add in our crack defense and this is what you get, inconsistency.

i guess you are right. but there is something wrong when bernier and gionta are more noticable than him. even if he had some type of groin injury the least he could do was try to fire the puck every once and a while.

VaxjoDevil
04-21-2012, 20:41
Yeah, those fancy turnovers are wonderful. They get at him on the PK with the speed of lighting, perhaps he should have noticed that by now. So either shoot or pass right away. It's not an incredibly hard concept.

vonbonds
04-21-2012, 20:42
i guess you are right. but there is something wrong when bernier and gionta are more noticable than him. even if he had some type of groin injury the least he could do was try to fire the puck every once and a while.

Now you can blame PDB. If he is passing too much or simply not shooting enough you can curb or change behavior like that with line combos or ice time as the carrot or the stick if you will.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 20:43
hes so fucking annoying to watch.. he will make a nice move to get past someone and then 15 seconds later he leaves you with a headscratcher

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 20:44
whatever devils will win the next two games and df will be forced to change his user name into sam rosen fanatic

Clarkson Falls Down
04-21-2012, 20:45

I think Zajac has had a strong series, as well as Zidlicky. So no.

vonbonds
04-21-2012, 20:48
Zidlicky is trying to make a difference, no doubt. I feel Zajac has been pretty invisible overall. Just my opinion.

Getzo5
04-21-2012, 20:49
Agreed, Zajac has been above average to great since he came back. Zidlicky since Game 2.

Getzo5
04-21-2012, 20:50
Zidlicky is trying to make a difference, no doubt. I feel Zajac has been pretty invisible overall. Just my opinion.Doesn`t help when one of your wingers (who are supposed to get on the forecheck) plays like Joe Thornton meets Derian Hatcher.

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 20:50
Zajac's problem is that he's stuck in that frankenstein monster that is a first line, and he's not really a poacher like Henrique, who can at least team up with one or the other on a rush and get a big chance.

Getzo5
04-21-2012, 20:52
That too.

Parise-Zajac-Henrique
Kovalchuk-Elias-Zubrus

if no (roster) changes are made

Tedenby-Josefson-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

No Sykora? Obviously.
No Poni---well... only if Tedenby can make that step forward.

jkrdevil
04-21-2012, 20:54
Btw, i hate this new age NHL. I'm in my mid-twenties and feel like an old timer because of my attitude towards the game and reflecting what it was like 10 years ago

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 20:56
Btw, i hate this new age NHL. I'm in my mid-twenties and feel like an old timer because of my attitude towards the game and reflecting what it was like 10 years ago

I feel like the old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn. All of this "waaaa, someone got hurt" stuff makes me cringe. I understand what they're doing as a business, but the fans are the same people that'd tell that guy that got his bell rung to **** off and die if they screwed up once during the game.

vonbonds
04-21-2012, 20:56
There is a reason Parise, Zajac and Zubrus play well together. They all play an honest no frills game for the most part. Pair them together and let Elias and Kovy figure it out with someone besides Sykora at this point. Henrique centers the third and the forth line gets whatever is left. The current formula isn't working on a consistent basis so why not mix it up a bit?

Getzo5
04-21-2012, 20:57
Btw, i hate this new age NHL. I'm in my mid-twenties and feel like an old timer because of my attitude towards the game and reflecting what it was like 10 years ago http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1153/iknowthatfeelpatty.gif

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 20:58
feels bad man

jkrdevil
04-21-2012, 20:59
I feel like the old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn. All of this "waaaa, someone got hurt" stuff makes me cringe. I understand what they're doing as a business, but the fans are the same people that'd tell that guy that got his bell rung to **** off and die if they screwed up once during the game.

I know. I watched Stevens lead the team to a Cup with a concussion where the after effects basically ended his career. I can't take the injury excuses now

Lord Ned Stark
at least were not the first seed down 3 to 2

Devilsfanatic
I'm going to masturbate about 10 times tonight. Might feel better.

VaxjoDevil
The new NHL is quite exciting, part of why we don't like it is because we totally suck at it :laugh:

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 21:00

****, in that vein, when I went to Kanata, that was around 107 months ago. :laugh: Give or take 2 weeks later, after that, they haven't done a damn thing since. Good thing I went, I guess. LOL

vonbonds
04-21-2012, 21:01
The new NHL is quite exciting, part of why we don't like it is because we totally suck at it :laugh:

I agree 100%.

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 21:03
Also, it's not underwear or the Travis Zajac jersey that keeps the Devils winning, it's me. Someone fly me out to NJ for game six and FLA out for game seven.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:04
i just hate the fact that i was in attendance for the most upsetting loss in njd history. at least when it happened to the bruins it was in game 7 and they won the cup the next year. we can only dream.

that was an overstatement but you get my point

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 21:05
Devils should have ended this series by now. Since it isn't, FLA is going to win it. To the script.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:05
all we had to do was ya kno.. not blow a 3 goal lead and this series was ours

Clarkson Falls Down
04-21-2012, 21:06

Im 22 and I'm already reminiscing of the good ole days. Don't feel too bad

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:07
Devils should have ended this series by now. Since it isn't, FLA is going to win it. To the script.

so im guessing your prediction for the rest of this series is that we will win the next game only to lose it in heart breaking fashion in game 7?

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 21:07
We should all just accept we're going to lose game six. There's no fire in the way they talk, their responses are cliched. They're a dead team walking.

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 21:08
so im guessing your prediction for the rest of this series is that we will win the next game only to lose it in heart breaking fashion in game 7?

My prediction is the same result as the elim game against the Flyers. Lose 3-0 in a listless effort.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:09
not if bernier has anything to say about it.

guyincognito
They'll win Games 6 and 7, there will be a wipeout across the league, they'll go to the Cup Finals with home ice advantage and get swept by the Coyotes in a fashion like the Rangers/Isles 94 series or our series against the Rangers in 06.

WORST POSSIBLE OUTCOME.

Clarkson Falls Down

It's no fun if youre not there to take part in it :laugh:

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 21:10
BTW, this is the option that costs me the most money and time.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:11
im not ready to give up on them just yet but the effort tonight definitely made me consider it.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:12
i think the saddest part about the whole thing is that if the rangers and the bruins get eliminated they would have had an incredibly solid chance of getting to the ECF

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 21:13
The way things are going, they'd have a non-zero chance of WINNING THE CUP.

AND IT DOESN'T MOTIVATE THEM.

If you give me a tournament with them, Ottawa, Philly, Washington, you're telling me that couldn't win that, when they have home ice on 2 of the other 3 teams?

VaxjoDevil
04-21-2012, 21:15
Worst thing with this is that as things pans out here, especially if Washington takes out Boston, this was an opportunity you kind of never see.

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 21:15
They'll win Games 6 and 7, there will be a wipeout across the league, they'll go to the Cup Finals with home ice advantage and get swept by the Coyotes in a fashion like the Rangers/Isles 94 series or our series against the Rangers in 06.

WORST POSSIBLE OUTCOME.

Hahaha, what are you smoking? That's the best possible outcome. This team won't sniff a game seven.

Even if Boston wins, they're ripe for the picking. Horton gone, Ryder gone, Recchi gone. The Devils had their shot this year and they threw it away with a loss to the Florida Panthers.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:16
it truly is a travesty

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 21:16
Hahaha, what are you smoking? That's the best possible outcome. This team won't sniff a game seven.

That option costs me probably about 2K, alot of time, alot of heartache. Only to get assraped. I had a run like this with the football Giants. the worst game was not the two WC embarassments, it was SB XXXV.

if there is a god out there and it doesn't like me, something like this will happen.

VaxjoDevil
04-21-2012, 21:17
There will be a game seven alright. And they will choke in the weirdest way possible, probably with Kovy missing a penalty shot with a minute to go or something.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:17
i kept thinking to myself if they lost tonight it would really be over but.. id like to think they have more balls than to just roll over AGAIN

Getzo5
04-21-2012, 21:24
Man we`re such a bunch of pessimitsic sore losers. lol

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 21:27

It's just expecting what will happen.

Getzo5
04-21-2012, 21:29
Why can`t we expect tomorrow`s lotto numbers?

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 21:30
It's just expecting what will happen.

Yeah, well I just set up the biggest Guyincognito curse of all time, I never should have thought that.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:30
exactly maybe if they gave me ANYTHING at all to think otherwise itd be a different story but it basically looks like they are in the process of rolling over and preparing to be brutally assraped

Krinkle
04-21-2012, 21:31

Its what this team has bred in the past few years

We've seen them sent home on our ice every year since 2007, it's almost expected

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 21:35
exactly maybe if they gave me ANYTHING at all to think otherwise itd be a different story but it basically looks like they are in the process of rolling over and preparing to be brutally assraped

They're saying all the right things.......which makes me believe they're going to lose game six. They've sprouted all the classic cliches. We have no choice. No one said it would be easy. The fourth game is the hardest to win.

But seriously, we suck, don't bother coming.

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 21:36
They're saying all the right things.......which makes me believe they're going to lose game six. They've sprouted all the classic cliches. We have no choice. No one said it would be easy. The fourth game is the hardest to win.

But seriously, we suck, don't bother coming.

Get ready for Shane Doan's 4 goal game in Game 4 to put us away.

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 21:37
Get ready for Shane Doan's 4 goal game in Game 4 to put us away.

What? Shane Doan? :laugh:

It'll be freakin' Versteeg. He's the worst.

VaxjoDevil
04-21-2012, 21:38
We had them so by the balls at 3-0 up in the second game and threw it away. To me, that's when this series went away from them. Can you imagine the confidence that built in the Florida team coming back and win that game?

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:39
he was raping us when he was in a maple leafs jersey too.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:41
every fucking year... i feel your pain leafs fans i truly do

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 21:41
I love how we all hate this team, yet can't stop talking about them. Are we sure we're not Rangers fans?

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:43
we are forced to see it through till the end.. i didnt watch 70 out of 82 games to give up on them now.. even though i am tempted

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 21:44
I gave up on them after the 2-0 goal. I said I give up on Tuesday, but I'll probably sucker myself.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:46
i gave up on them after they lost one game to the panthers.. this **** should have been a sweep. panthers havent even played well.. any other team in the playoffs would have destroyed them and you know this to be true.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:47
neither of these teams were destined to win the cup anyway i guess

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 21:48
7/22 in the playoffs. Makes for a spectacular batting average.

It's the only reason the Panthers are up. If NJ takes 0 penalties over the next two, they'll win both.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:48
heres the panthers game strategy.. just barely stay in the game long enough for the devils to take a retarded penalty which should not have even been called in the first place.. score powerplay goal with volchenkov on the ice, repeat

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:49
but deboer will continue to put him out there even though hes a liability

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 21:50
What? Shane Doan? :laugh:

It'll be freakin' Versteeg. He's the worst.

I'm telling you, when I typed that, it was like "uh oh."

It'snot as if the way this is playing out, that's an impossible scenario. I should have kept my mouth shut. I called today's result too, if you noticed.

VaxjoDevil
04-21-2012, 21:51
A silver lining when we lose is that I can read this thread in front of people.

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 21:54
I'm telling you, when I typed that, it was like "uh oh."

It'snot as if the way this is playing out, that's an impossible scenario. I should have kept my mouth shut. I called today's result too, if you noticed.

They're going to lay the dud. I said, they'll do the Philly 10 elimination game. They talked a big game before that one too.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:55
motherfucking **** sucking titty ****

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:56
and then theyll all go home to their million dollar mansions and **** their hot wives/girlfriends without a **** to give.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:57
and then zach will go to his "contender".. theyll lose in the first round.

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 21:57
At the same time, the Pens, Rangers, Bruins are all on the ropes and ready to be eliminated. Only problem is, Pens, Bruins have the grapes to take it to seven.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 21:58
and then one night kovalchuk will get drunk with dany heatley and get into a car with him and only one of them will return

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 21:59
Hopefully it's Heatley again.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 22:00
i would so much rather be losing to the other florida team right now

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 22:00
We can make Dany Heatley jokes here?

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 22:01
No. They're off limits.

Lord Ned Stark
04-21-2012, 22:07
**** me

VaxjoDevil
04-21-2012, 22:09
Reading TGs blog it is clear Kovy is hurt.

Devilsfanatic
04-21-2012, 22:11
Yeah, he suffers from small-heart itis.

guyincognito
04-21-2012, 22:30
Hurt, he's still no slower than Elias. Standing around with your thumb up your *** is not an injury unless you jam it too far up there

devilzrule27
04-22-2012, 00:33
finally got back from the game. **** this ****.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 00:50
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2smrd8vF11qd5zm7o1_500.gif

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-22-2012, 06:12
Always a fantastic feeling being on the brink of elimination to a team who's fans started watching hockey in April.

At least win Game 6.

If they drop another one at home I would not even offer Parise a contract, what's the point?

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 06:17
That's what I've been thinking. If they get eliminated on home ice again, that is spectacular. They're just so lifeless and so gutless and heartless. There's a lot missing on this team. The personnel, talent wise, isn't so bad, but they just don't have "it" and that is the problem.

I thought Henrique might, but he's been just as big a dud. And it's also an unfair expectation of a 22 year old rookie. This falls on our 27 and 29 year old 12M dollar men.

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-22-2012, 06:26
I am happy my job is keeping me from attending Game 6 because I would go, and it would get ugly.

Getzo5
04-22-2012, 06:50
I thought Henrique might, but he's been just as big a dud. And it's also an unfair expectation of a 22 year old rookie. This falls on our 27 and 29 year old 12M dollar men.Agreed on both accounts.

Krinkle
04-22-2012, 07:08
That's what I've been thinking. If they get eliminated on home ice again, that is spectacular. They're just so lifeless and so gutless and heartless. There's a lot missing on this team. The personnel, talent wise, isn't so bad, but they just don't have "it" and that is the problem.

I thought Henrique might, but he's been just as big a dud. And it's also an unfair expectation of a 22 year old rookie. This falls on our 27 and 29 year old 12M dollar men.

Henrique hasn't been a dud. He got senselessly dropped to the 3rd line when Zajac came back, and never brought back to his proper line! The few times he did get re-united with Parise/Kovy they looked good.

So I think he gets a pass with that as well as that whole 22 year old rookie thing.

Getzo5
04-22-2012, 07:31
Meh, I`m one of his biggest fans but he wasn`t particularly good first. It wasn`t like his linemates were dragging him down (see: Zajac - Kovalchuk). He was better yesterday though.

I hope there will be some line juggling and that he continues to improve.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 09:21
I'm not too big of a fan of the referees during this series. They have controlled every game.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 09:50
If we are going to win our 3rd line has to do something. They haven't been able to generate any offense all series.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 09:52
I'd redo the lines a little bit here.

Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk
Elias-Zajac-Bernier
Ponikarovsky-Zubrus-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Sykora

I remember how good that 3rd line was.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 09:54

Elias-Zajac-Bernier
Carter-Gionta-Sykora

Wasn't it Poni-Zubrus-Bernier.

I don't know about the lines. One game they can score 4 goals no problem. The next game they can't do ****.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 10:02
Yeah, maybe it was Bernier, then flip-flop them.

They need to keep attacking and they just can't. Passes are never crisp. I hate this team and I hate the wait until Tuesday to see them get eliminated. I'd rather they just get it over with.

vonbonds
04-22-2012, 10:08
Yeah, maybe it was Bernier, then flip-flop them.

They need to keep attacking and they just can't. Passes are never crisp. I hate this team and I hate the wait until Tuesday to see them get eliminated. I'd rather they just get it over with.

I am with you. I am hoping yet another first round elimination causes more changes than we are used to. This crap about retool versus rebuild is garbage, I have always said rebuild (and got flamed a bit on HF for it). We don't draft well enough and can't afford to bury bad FA contracts to do it very quickly as invariably mistakes are made with FA deals. If Parise leaves and Marty most likely retires then let's just do this right and take some lumps while getting top end prospects. Oh wait, we are due to be boned in the *** losing a #1 in the next few years.

I think we give this years #1 and then deal with being a bottom dweller for a few years afterwards accumulating some top tier youth.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-22-2012, 10:08
No practice today. I'm sure there's nothing important to work on...

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 10:11
I'm betting the Rangers and Bruins survive their 3-2 deficits and the Devils lose theirs. It's just the way she goes.

vonbonds
04-22-2012, 10:13
I'm betting the Rangers and Bruins survive their 3-2 deficits and the Devils lose theirs. It's just the way she goes.

I dunno, NYR look so ordinary (because they are) and Boston finally hit a gritty Washington team, not the softies of years past. Who knows but I can see all of them ending in game 6.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 10:15
Just to **** me off, it'll be that way. At least Pittsburgh will be out.

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-22-2012, 10:15
No practice today? Really?

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 10:17
yeah, they needed a much needed day off to spend with their families and just relax and forget about the game. It's brilliant strategery.

devilzrule27
04-22-2012, 10:21

Elias-Zajac-Bernier
Carter-Gionta-Sykora

The big issue with that is that Henrique is so awful at faceoffs. Zajac is winning 61% of his draws. Given how much we play the top line do you really want Henrique and his 35% faceoffs taking that many draws. It's been killing us all series. Ah **** whatever it doesn't matter. Jumble it all up. And bench Volchenkov. I saw like 4 times last night where he got coned.

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-22-2012, 10:22
In a year where the Caps, Senators and Flyers may advance we may get ousted by the god damn Panthers.

Imagine if we were lumped in with those three? We could possibly trip and fall into the SCF.

devilzrule27
04-22-2012, 10:22
yeah, they needed a much needed day off to spend with their families and just relax and forget about the game. It's brilliant strategery.

Thats Deboer! A mastermind strategist.

As much as the players have let us down, Deboer has let me down a **** ton. He's been out coached by Dineen every step of the way.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 10:23
Throwing in Larsson in an elimination game is just trouble. I'm sure it will be Brodeur starting, no line up changes and no line changes. The management is as complacent as the players. It starts right from the top. And it's not DeBoer that decides no practices, Lou signs off on it. He's lost his fucking mind.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 10:25
In a year where the Caps, Senators and Flyers may advance we may get ousted by the god damn Panthers.

Imagine if we were lumped in with those three? We could possibly trip and fall into the SCF.

I'd like to touch up your post:

In a year where the Caps, Sens and Flyers may advance, but really it will be the Rangers, Bruins and Flyers, we will get ousted by the god damn Panthers.

devilzrule27
04-22-2012, 10:42
Throwing in Larsson in an elimination game is just trouble. I'm sure it will be Brodeur starting, no line up changes and no line changes. The management is as complacent as the players. It starts right from the top. And it's not DeBoer that decides no practices, Lou signs off on it. He's lost his fucking mind.

Deboer fucking sucks don't you deny it. He's been out coached. I'll blame Lou for hiring him over Dineen. Also I'll blame Lou for signing off on letting Zach be captain. I mean what kind of captain goes into the postseason with the top thing on his mind being "how do I convince Lou to let us stay home between home games?" **** that. **** them all. Right in their arses.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 10:44
DeBoer is fine. It's not his fault the Devils can't beat scrubs like Theodore and Clemmensen or hold onto 3-0 leads. It's not his fault that Volchenkov has been bad. They're not going to bench Volchenkov just like Colin White wouldn't have benched. Out of all the things that are wrong with the team, I think the coach stops being the excuse after so long.

What exactly has Dineen done? Flip-flopped between goalies and had an excellent PP? The Panthers will luck into the second round and then get destroyed.

SLNP
04-22-2012, 10:51
blaming deboer for this mess is silly. he's doing what he can with what he has. and what he has is a bunch of players with no desire or passion to win. this starts and ends in the locker room.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-22-2012, 10:52
part of the reason (people won't want to hear this) has to do with luck. we haven't really had any this series.

the Devils arent playing well as a whole but I mean for the Panthers to have 7 PPG against this record setting PK...there is a lot of luck involved in that

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 10:53
Of course that's a big element. But you have to create your luck and the Devils aren't doing so.

SLNP
04-22-2012, 10:54
part of the reason (people won't want to hear this) has to do with luck. we haven't really had any this series.

the Devils arent playing well as a whole but I mean for the Panthers to have 7 PPG against this record setting PK...there is a lot of luck involved in that

i'll agree with that to an extent but you have to create your own luck, and to do that the devils need to actually want to play the game, instead of coast through it like they have.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 10:56
it's on the players. they are being out hustled and out worked by an average team.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 10:57
Kovalchuk has been especially bad. He has to be hurt and trying to play through it. Even the beat writers are seeing something wrong there. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a problem in his hip or something.

But then what is Parise's excuse for looking slower than molasses? Is it that knee injury flaring up?

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 11:01
anyone know where sykora has been hiding?

devilzrule27
04-22-2012, 11:03
DeBoer is fine. It's not his fault the Devils can't beat scrubs like Theodore and Clemmensen or hold onto 3-0 leads. It's not his fault that Volchenkov has been bad. They're not going to bench Volchenkov just like Colin White wouldn't have benched. Out of all the things that are wrong with the team, I think the coach stops being the excuse after so long.

What exactly has Dineen done? Flip-flopped between goalies and had an excellent PP? The Panthers will luck into the second round and then get destroyed.

blaming deboer for this mess is silly. he's doing what he can with what he has. and what he has is a bunch of players with no desire or passion to win. this starts and ends in the locker room.

I'm not blaming him for the whole mess but he is a part of it. I get frustrated watching us do the same thing over and over and over and over again. I mean how many times will we attempt to skate into the zone while that panthers stack 4 or 5 on the blueline? We did that for the first two games. I wanted to bang my head against a wall. And the fucker has zero concept of what momentum is, constantly saving his timeouts for for that end of game offensive zone faceoff that we end up losing every time. What is the point of that? Dineen calls a timeout and his team comes out flying. Deboer's philosophy of "just keep doin what you're doing, it'll work eventually" just pisses me off.

Then again everything pisses me off after last night so take that as you will. As I said **** them all.

devilzrule27
04-22-2012, 11:05
anyone know where sykora has been hiding?

You hear him say it at the end of the season. He accomplished what he wanted so I assume he just packed thing up and went home.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 11:06
everyone shares the blame, but the amount that is DeBoer's fault is so minimal compared to the players. i would say the only problem i have had with him is that he played guys like Kovy and Parise too much in the regular season, and he could have called timeouts at better times.

he has been a lot better with line matching than in the regular season. also, it isn't like they got a 3-0 lead and told everyone to pack it in.

SLNP
04-22-2012, 11:12
I'm not blaming him for the whole mess but he is a part of it. I get frustrated watching us do the same thing over and over and over and over again. I mean how many times will we attempt to skate into the zone while that panthers stack 4 or 5 on the blueline? We did that for the first two games. I wanted to bang my head against a wall. And the fucker has zero concept of what momentum is, constantly saving his timeouts for for that end of game offensive zone faceoff that we end up losing every time. What is the point of that? Dineen calls a timeout and his team comes out flying. Deboer's philosophy of "just keep doin what you're doing, it'll work eventually" just pisses me off.

Then again everything pisses me off after last night so take that as you will. As I said **** them all.

i'll agree he makes some bonehead decisions during the game. but again the players are the ones skating the puck into defenders, so they need to make better decisions as well.

and i get the feeling that Lou is the one with final say in the lineup, some of these decisions come from the top.

devilzrule27
04-22-2012, 11:13
everyone shares the blame, but the amount that is DeBoer's fault is so minimal compared to the players. i would say the only problem i have had with him is that he played guys like Kovy and Parise too much in the regular season, and he could have called timeouts at better times.

he has been a lot better with line matching than in the regular season. also, it isn't like they got a 3-0 lead and told everyone to pack it in.

no but when things start to go wrong he just stands there like a kid who kind find their mommy instead of doing something about it. I was talking to Michael Russo about it and he said it reminded him of Todd Richards when he was the Wild coach. Then I thought to myself that is totally how Richards is with the Jackets and I can't fucking stand it.

Anyway its not like I haven't been ragging on Parise, Kovy, Volch, ect. I'm just sharing the fun. They all suck. The only difference is I'm not giving Deboer a free pass like everyone else.

devilzrule27
04-22-2012, 11:15
i'll agree he makes some bonehead decisions during the game. but again the players are the ones skating the puck into defenders, so they need to make better decisions as well.

and i get the feeling that Lou is the one with final say in the lineup, some of these decisions come from the top.

Probably not or less we forget the Kovalchuk thing or the Langenbrunner mess. He probably has input but I think it's minimal in terms of lineups.

Also for the 1,00th time I'm in no way excusing the players for their shittiness.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-22-2012, 11:18
Someone make me feel better?

devilzrule27
04-22-2012, 11:20
Someone make me feel better?

http://www.scadradio.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/too-cute-kitten.jpg

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-22-2012, 11:25
Someone should bring a "I thought we played good" sign

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 11:26
Out of all the forwards, Sykora is the one I ***** about the least. We know what we get with him. He shouldn't matter. When Parise isn't really doing anything and Kovalchuk isn't doing much of anything and the 4th line is your best line, well, that's the bigger problem.

devilzrule27
04-22-2012, 11:29
But sykora is being outplayed and out scored by every 4th liner. No one should get a pass for their crappy play.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 11:31
They're all being outplayed by the fourth line, it's not just him. Clarkson, Zubrus, Ponikarovsky, Henrique have all done nothing. Parise and Kovalchuk are nothings too. They may have some goals, but they're being outworked. They look like crap, all of them. Sykora is what he is.

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-22-2012, 11:32
Stevens
>lose big game, throw skate at Friesen

Parise
>lose big game, "thought we played good"

I would like to see Zach make more than the status quo remark once in his career.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 11:34
I'll be pissed if Sykora is resigned. I'd like to resign Bernier and Poni, but I wouldn't be too upset if they weren't.

It would be nice to resign Salvador because he had a great season, but in honesty it is time to move on and develop our young guys.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 11:36
Zach doesn't have it. They don't make too many old school captains anymore. Landeskog is one of them, and Colorado is lucky. Parise is a powderpuff, he's finished.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 11:38
Zach doesn't have it. They don't make too many old school captains anymore. Landeskog is one of them, and Colorado is lucky. Parise is a powderpuff, he's finished.
He isn't scary enough. Stevens put the fear in everyone, even his own teammates.

Some might give me **** for this, but Holik would be a better captain right now than anyone on this team. Maybe not Elias.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 11:39
I feel Crosby was concussed after colliding with Malkin. Hence why he's so invisible since then.

guyincognito
04-22-2012, 11:42
LOL at Friesen. Remember though, one of the other problems with the Devils is now they'd never bring in anyone like Friesen.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 11:44
Why like Friesen?

guyincognito
04-22-2012, 11:49
Why like Friesen?

Friesen was a world class douchebag. :laugh: Too much of an edge on him for today's Devils.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 11:51
Quit Winning For MacKinnon

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-22-2012, 11:52
I'll never forget when he won that OT game in St. Louis and smashed the **** out of the glass infront of a family of Blues fans with kids, scared the **** out of all of them.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 11:53
Friesen was a world class douchebag. :laugh: Too much of an edge on him for today's Devils.

Oh, yeah. He was a real ****. That moment Sommsy is talking about was phenomenal.

guyincognito
04-22-2012, 12:11
What is the exact story behind that? I've heard it was thrown at Sykora and also at Frisen

How did that even get to the public because I can't find a thing online about it

They lost to someone in OT and Friesen was having a good ol time and since he's a douchebag, he probably rubbed Stevens the wrong way. Stevens is a psycho, so the logical response was to heave a skate at him.

I wish we had a douchebag.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 12:11
It was on the SC DVD. Friesen just said that they seemed happy to get a point in Detroit, and Friesen looked like he could throw a skate at him. It somehow became, he did throw a skate, no idea how.

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-22-2012, 12:16
http://batman1000.ytmnd.com/

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 12:17
I guess I forgot about hearing that on the DVD, I do remember Stevens flipped a **** after the team being satisfied with getting a point out of the Det game but he went on a rant about you gotta be the best to beat the best and that losing to them wasn't something to be proud of just because of getting a point

I've also heard Stevens threw a skate at Sykora during that 02 season where he could have probably played but didn't so that story has taken a ton of different turns lol

They were all mad at Sykora for not nutting up in 2002 against Carolina.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-22-2012, 12:18
the Devils have not won 2 playoff games in a row in 28 games? lol is that correct?

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 12:19
That is correct. Every time they've won one, they've lost the next. So even if they win Tuesday (miracle long shot), they'll be out Thursday. They'll be the last series left on Thursday possibly too haha.

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-22-2012, 12:20
Holy **** that Adam Graves guy is a world class ******.

Cheers.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 12:20
Look at his name.....says a lot.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 12:24
the Devils have not won 2 playoff games in a row in 28 games? lol is that correct?
what a pathetic stat. they are mental midgets.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-22-2012, 12:33
I want bloody, psychotic Larsson from the Elite League to be our captain one day.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 12:36
If not playing the whole playoffs hasn't fucked him up.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 12:42
Another thing that has really burned the Devils is faceoffs this year. It's always been a problem since 03, and it just keeps getting worse.

guyincognito
04-22-2012, 12:46
You know what else annoyed me, there was a distinct lack of swarming it up last night. If you're going to make a theme, you should probably try to do it. I mean, which is the more fitting slogan: "Devils playoff hockey: Swarm it up!" or "Devils playoff hockey: We start with one foot in the grave."

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 12:48
I believe it should be Devils Playoff Hockey: Only around for one round

And Parise sucks. What does he have? Four points? Giroux had 14 and led by example. Parise is a terrible captain from the Langenbrunner school of captaining.

JimEIV
04-22-2012, 12:54
Did you see Langenbrunner's big goal in closing out San Jose :)

Clarkson Falls Down
04-22-2012, 12:54
They should just give them a nice participation trophy at the end of year like they do in little league. Just forfeit the serieses until they are ready to show up for them

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 12:56
Did you see Langenbrunner's big goal in closing out San Jose :)

Lucky more than anything. Langenbrunner is a fucking twat.

Lord Ned Stark
04-22-2012, 13:02
wasted so much money this year paying for them to take a big steamy dump on my heart

Tao Jones
04-22-2012, 13:09
I believe it should be Devils Playoff Hockey: Only around for one round

And Parise sucks. What does he have? Four points? Giroux had 14 and led by example. Parise is a terrible captain from the Langenbrunner school of captaining.

Langenbrunner is from the Nieuwendyk school of captaining.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-22-2012, 13:37
It's so depressing that we're on the verge of wasting such a colossal opportunity.

Penguins out, Rangers on the ropes, Bruins fighting for their lives.

God. Damnit.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 13:40
I love all the TG/Chere tweets right now. It's cliche-fest 2012 in that *****.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-22-2012, 13:43
I could easily see them winning Tuesday, only to get completely humiliated in game seven in Miami.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 13:45
Their biggest game seven dud of all-time was 2001 against the Avs. They looked so listless then.

But I know these guys, they'll **** up game six itself. They're done Tuesday night I'm positive.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 14:12
I could easily see them winning Tuesday, only to get completely humiliated in game seven in Miami.

Their biggest game seven dud of all-time was 2001 against the Avs. They looked so listless then.

But I know these guys, they'll **** up game six itself. They're done Tuesday night I'm positive.
I agree with DD. They will win on Tuesday to give us a little hope and then they will drop a steaming pile of **** on the ice for game 7.

This team is so slow. You can't be slow in this NHL. I wish we never traded Halischuk. Also, we are close to having a competent 4th line, so I'm gonna guess that will be ruined in the offseason.