PDA

View Full Version : GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Florida Panthers - 6:30 PM (Game 5)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 14:14
Even if they pull off Tuesday, they'll get blown out Thursday. So even if they win, I have 0 hope for them.

Vinnie
04-22-2012, 14:42
Another thing that has really burned the Devils is faceoffs this year. It's always been a problem since 03, and it just keeps getting worse.

If only we had one of the best faceoff guys in the league... Steckel might be a shitty hockey player but we would definitely be better off with him taking the faceoff instead of Henrique (35.7%) and getting off the ice. We would still find a way to lose though.

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 14:47
By the time he skates off, the puck would be back the other way and in the net. We needed a Gaustad or something.

guyincognito
04-22-2012, 14:57
If only we had one of the best faceoff guys in the league... Steckel might be a shitty hockey player but we would definitely be better off with him taking the faceoff instead of Henrique (35.7%) and getting off the ice. We would still find a way to lose though.

Henrique, like Parise, probably isn't a C.

devilzrule27
04-22-2012, 15:03
By the time he skates off, the puck would be back the other way and in the net. We needed a Gaustad or something.

I wanted Gaustad but in now way is he worth a first round pick, especially when we already have to give one up.

Hell I'll settle for guys that can consistently go 50-55%. Zajac is winning 60% of his draws we just need guys that are better then Henrique an Elias who cost us dearly. At least one of them should be on the wing next year, hopefully Henrique. He wasn't a very good center in the AHL either. If Josefson can ever stay healthy that would help. He's not terrible on faceoffs but I'm not holding my breath for him ever playing a full season.

devilzrule27
04-22-2012, 15:03
I could easily see them winning Tuesday, only to get completely humiliated in game seven in Miami.

I can guarantee one thing. I am not making the drive back down to Sunrise for game seven if we make it that far.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-22-2012, 15:06
Looks like Marty, Zach and Pete hit the PR trail today with all those quotes. Jeez

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 15:08
Right? Just awful.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 15:20
It's because after Zajac our centers are relatively small. They just get out muscled at the faceoff dot.

Looks like Marty, Zach and Pete hit the PR trail today with all those quotes. Jeez

Right? Just awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvzIw7fyA2k
or DD's signature :laugh:

Devilsfanatic
04-22-2012, 15:26
Game six at 7:30 on Chewsday. Alright boys, by 10:00 have your NJD 2011-12 season eulogy ready.

jkrdevil
04-22-2012, 15:32
Langenbrunner isn't the Captain in St. Louis. Backes is.

Anyway Doc signs off with a Slapshot reference

vonbonds
04-22-2012, 15:54
I agree with DD. They will win on Tuesday to give us a little hope and then they will drop a steaming pile of **** on the ice for game 7.

This team is so slow. You can't be slow in this NHL. I wish we never traded Halischuk. Also, we are close to having a competent 4th line, so I'm gonna guess that will be ruined in the offseason.

I am calling shenanigans! I have been saying that to only take heat and hear that speed isn't as big a deal in the playoffs. Anyone see Tyler Seguin's goal in OT today? Speed kills with talented players.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 15:59
I am calling shenanigans! I have been saying that to only take heat and hear that speed isn't as big a deal in the playoffs. Anyone see Tyler Seguin's goal in OT today? Speed kills with talented players.
If it makes you feel better, I thought of you when I typed that.

vonbonds
04-22-2012, 16:11
If it makes you feel better, I thought of you when I typed that.

Awww shucks, I am blushing! On a serious note, **** Lou. He should be getting a lot more heat in the media but his "stature" seems to make him immune. If we lose again in the first round this year I will wait with baited breath to read anything questioning his structuring of this team.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-22-2012, 16:24
If these guys can't dig deep and win two games against this Panthers team, then I'm not sure I want the majority of them wearing the NJ crest anyways.

I personally think Larsson would go nuts if we put him in there for at least the rest of the series. Like CFD said, he can't possibly be worse than Volchenkov has been, and Harrold hasn't done anything to justify keeping him in the lineup at this point.

guyincognito
04-22-2012, 16:31

Well, speed looks better when everyone's caught flatfooted. Wideman should have had no chance except for Holtby forcing Seguin to go around.

Kovalchuk looks 100 times faster in his breakaway against the Rangers last year than he has at any point in this series, because he caught them flatfooted.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-22-2012, 16:36
No idea why Pee Dee Bee won't switch Henrique back to the top line. When he did in game two it resulted in a goal that Henrique created almost immediately.

jkrdevil
04-22-2012, 16:52
As for Lou I can maybe buy the argument it might be time to move on if the get knocked out of round 1 based on his age and possibility of Zach and Marty leaving. However, look around the league, who are we going to get that is better GM? Let's be honest with ourselves of what this organization really is.

guyincognito
04-22-2012, 16:56
NJDevs is on the Marty kick again, which is funny considering he has one less point that Kovy and Parise in this series. So you have the Devilsrule insane asylum, the rotted husk of HF and NJDevs where they're too smart for you, and Marty is not only a mediocre goalie that kept them from winning 12 Cups, he's also an awful person.

I'm starting to think smart people don't follow sports. That's why they're smart, they have better things to do.

vonbonds
04-22-2012, 16:58
Well, speed looks better when everyone's caught flatfooted. Wideman should have had no chance except for Holtby forcing Seguin to go around.

Kovalchuk looks 100 times faster in his breakaway against the Rangers last year than he has at any point in this series, because he caught them flatfooted.

Speed penalizes players who are flat footed a lot more than normal. It also helps create time and space with defensive players being a bit soft trying not to get burned. I am not saying speed is the end all be all but we have very little of it save for a few players.

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-22-2012, 17:08
NJDevs is on the Marty kick again, which is funny considering he has one less point that Kovy and Parise in this series. So you have the Devilsrule insane asylum, the rotted husk of HF and NJDevs where they're too smart for you, and Marty is not only a mediocre goalie that kept them from winning 12 Cups, he's also an awful person.

I'm starting to think smart people don't follow sports. That's why they're smart, they have better things to do.

NJDevs is basically a clique of 5 people, if you disagree with anyone or say something that someone does not like then you are basically pushed out.

Devilsrule is fucking retarded, basically on a Hockeybuzz level. Prize pigs who hate Brodeur because he wont sign their 75 pictures of him in one sitting. The type of people who still think Scott Clemmensen is an elite goaltender

So many people come up to me and say they do not like Brodeur.

I ask "why?"

They say he wouldnt sign their stuff.

Every time I have met Brodeur he has been nothing but kind and signed my one thing, if any, I had. Then again I am not an autograph ***** like alot of our prize pig fans.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-22-2012, 17:15
Those people are the same sort that walk out of the equipment sales with 75 sticks, leaving nothing but Pandolfo's and Rupp's for the normal folks that only want one or two at most.

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-22-2012, 17:17
Prize pigs is really the perfect term for these people as most of them are also 300 pounds.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-22-2012, 17:33
"Oh, you bought 50 Parise sticks at last year's equipment sale?

Tell me about your blossoming hockey career."

[/CondescendingWonka]

Darius Dangleaitis
04-22-2012, 17:46
Anyway, I think we win Tuesday. It's game seven that will be the real nutbuster if you ask me.

Big#D
04-22-2012, 17:53
He meant after some key players left. We dropped dead after Stevens retired. They stayed strong after Yzerman retired.

That's because Yzerman had almost nothing to do with the reason the Wings were successful. Stevens was a very large part of why the Devils were successful.

pariseforpresident
04-22-2012, 17:54
Those people are the same sort that walk out of the equipment sales with 75 sticks, leaving nothing but Pandolfo's and Rupp's for the normal folks that only want one or two at most.

I love my Pandolfo stick

vonbonds
04-22-2012, 18:00
That's because Yzerman had almost nothing to do with the reason the Wings were successful. Stevens was a very large part of why the Devils were successful.

Yup, Lidstrom was the straw that stirred their drink. Let's see how they do when he is gone. So far not so good without him being his old self due to age.

jkrdevil
04-22-2012, 18:03
I have said this many of times here, but I don't understand how one can callnthemselves a Devils fan and hate Marty. He is everything you want as a player.

All-time great: check
Multiple championships: check
Loyal: check

That last one is important. How many guys have left NJ as a free agent? or at least tested the waters? Martyhas never come close to hitting free agency. He doesn't even have an agent.

So you watched an all-time great, probably the best ever at his position, play his entire career for your team winning multiple championships and having the team competitive the entire time (especially when you consider what the Devils were prior) and you hate him?

Without Marty there probably isn't even a NJ Devils today.

Big#D
04-22-2012, 18:04
What rules were this team built for, because it sure as hell isn't pre-lockout hockey. This group would be swept

exactly. this team is as soft as i've ever seen.

if they can't hit or forecheck consistenty and well, they're never going to win a series when the games count.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 18:18
this will definitely be an interesting offseason if Parise leaves.

my fear is that Parise will Niedermayer us and makes us wait just long enough so that guys like Suter or Weber are off the market.

vonbonds
04-22-2012, 18:27

my fear is that Parise will Niedermayer us and makes us wait just long enough so that guys like Suter or Weber are off the market.

If he makes us wait show him the door. This is assuming we have the money to get a tier 1 FA.

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 18:29
At least the 2013 draft seems to have good talent at the top :sarcasm:

jkrdevil
04-22-2012, 18:47

First Weber is an RFA, not a UFa so he isn't available. Secondly, Suter is not coming here. Thirdly if Zach leaves it probaly because we don't have the money! Therefor can't afford Suter who will cost more than Parise

Dr. Doom
04-22-2012, 18:54
Either way it will be interesting if/when he leaves. I'm also starting to doubt if Marty will retire, even after he sounded like he was going to come back for a season.

This isn't a good year for free agency. Parise is the prize pig.

If he goes and we can't get Suter, I say we just sign Poni, Bernier, and whatever goalie we can get. After that just hope for the best. It isn't worth getting stuck with a shitty contract with someone that isn't that good.

vonbonds
04-22-2012, 19:17
If St. Louis wants to spend to the cap I think Parise is a perfect fit for them and him as well if he wants to win now and consistently for the near term future.

VaxjoDevil
04-22-2012, 21:10

:laugh: For a big part of fanbases, there might be some truth to this.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-23-2012, 04:21
Either way it will be interesting if/when he leaves. I'm also starting to doubt if Marty will retire, even after he sounded like he was going to come back for a season.

This isn't a good year for free agency. Parise is the prize pig.

If he goes and we can't get Suter, I say we just sign Poni, Bernier, and whatever goalie we can get. After that just hope for the best. It isn't worth getting stuck with a shitty contract with someone that isn't that good.

If Parise leaves I say they take the Florida route - sign one or two LW who have some potential to one year deals and hope for big contract years.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-23-2012, 05:44
the people calling for Lou's head are morons. this is the most talented team we have had in years, and we are facing one of the worst playoff teams in years. it is not Lou's fault that these idiots are in the position they are in now

also the marty detractors are nuts. yes he was bad in game 3, no one is doubting that. but he was dominant in game 4 and was the only reason we were even in game 5. last time i checked we scored ZERO goals.

there are plenty of guys to get on as to why were in the position we are in. but those 2 are not at the top of my list

guyincognito
04-23-2012, 06:26
Well, some of those that blame Marty are the same that say Kovy will explode the next two games... or he must be really, really hurt. Last time I checked, he's still moving faster than Elias is.

Maybe it's just, the guy is a career loser and fits in great with the Devils?

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-23-2012, 06:45
I'm not doubting that he is hurt but he needs to do something

everyone is hurt. hell for as much as I hate Langenbrunner now the dude played a week after having surgery on his knee lol

Krinkle
04-23-2012, 10:35
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/genoa-match-halted-ultras-demand-players-hand-over-193231395.html

Lord Ned Stark
04-23-2012, 11:26
Once the rangers get eliminated everything will be right w the world

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 11:27
it will definitely make things easier

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-23-2012, 11:29
I dont care about the Rangers if we are losing as well

Lord Ned Stark
04-23-2012, 11:30
This is the year of the **** playoff teams. I don't know who will beat Philly but their goaltending will prob be their downfall again.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 11:32
This might be the year Nashville finally does it.

Lord Ned Stark
04-23-2012, 11:35
Score a **** load of
Clutch goals in regular season
Fail to show up in playoff
>condescending Clarktard

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 11:37
You could add Sykora, Henrique, and others to that list as well.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-23-2012, 11:47
Clarkson isn't going to be a 30 goal scorer in this league consistently. at least I can't see it. the amount of lucky bounces, deflections, etc. he got are not going to keep up

I also think he is nursing soemthing still, but yea.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 12:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQArDMKdSVc

devilzrule27
04-23-2012, 12:56
NJ Devils fans ruining plastic rats for hockey fans everywhere.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 13:17
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/4/23/XLBCaO8PlkqryfUZKt7whA2.jpg

devilzrule27
04-23-2012, 13:35
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/4/23/XLBCaO8PlkqryfUZKt7whA2.jpg

hahahahaha

Clarkson Falls Down
04-23-2012, 14:00
I dont care about the Rangers if we are losing as well

Neither do I. Couldn't give a ****. Just the usual Devils/Rangers pissing contest.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 14:06
I'd rather they be out if we're going out too.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-23-2012, 14:20
I'd rather they be out if we're going out too.

I'd rather the Devils advance. I don't care if the Rangers advance if the Devils do.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 14:28
different strokes. I don't want them winning if we don't win anything. **** them.

ILikeItVeryMuch
04-23-2012, 14:32
Panthers fans and brass quickly rising on the totem pole of faggotry,

Luckily unlike Rangers and Flyers fans those people will be gone once the next season begins.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-23-2012, 15:36
I'm fairly confident we'll win tomorrow. Game three was a fluke and we sodomized them in game four. If they waste another raucous atmosphere at the Rock in game six, they're losers anyway.

And re: the Rangers, I'll root against them no matter the circumstances, but it's flat out stupid to mock them when we're in the same spot (namely Rangers suck chants).

Darius Dangleaitis
04-23-2012, 15:45
And how dare that imbecile of a president of theirs try to blame something like that on us. Part of me hopes that we win this series just so that idiot is berated by our fans into deactivating his twitter.

Nothing beats the person at the apex of your organization's management structure telling a rival fan to "get off twitter".

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 15:46
don't worry lou will take care of him

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 15:46
yeah but look which one it was :laugh: and honestly, I'd have said the same if someone called me an idiot and a moron. Wasn't very nice of her to say, she fired the first salvo so she got what was coming to her. If she phrased it nicer, then sure. But she was a jerk which is amazing lol.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 15:50
Someone post my picture in the Devils/Panthers thread on the main board.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-23-2012, 15:51
Well in that case, you do what someone in that type of position should - ignore it.

Lou doesn't even allow his players to have twitter, nevermind making one of his own; meanwhile this dude is on twitter himself, responding to a rival fan's baiting.

Whether we win or lose this series, that tells you something about both organizations.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 15:51
Someone post my picture in the Devils/Panthers thread on the main board.
consider it done

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 15:55
Well in that case, you do what someone in that type of position should - ignore it.

Lou doesn't even allow his players to have twitter, nevermind making one of his own; meanwhile this dude is on twitter himself, responding to a rival fan's baiting.

Whether we win or lose this series, that tells you something about both organizations.

I think it's nice that he's willing to interact. He didn't name call her. In fact, I thought it was kinda funny actually. Imagine Lou telling someone to get off Twitter? I'd lol forever.

consider it done

Thank ya.

Dr. Doom
04-23-2012, 15:56
Lou would write a letter. "When time is on your side, you use it."

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 15:57
I think that's the Devils motto. If you have a game to give, use it.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-23-2012, 15:59
I took a quick stroll on HF to find some clown saying that Mark Fayne should be let go because he's soft and because Peter Harrold will fill his role better.

Shame on me.

:facepalm:

devilzrule27
04-23-2012, 16:02
And how dare that imbecile of a president of theirs try to blame something like that on us. Part of me hopes that we win this series just so that idiot is berated by our fans into deactivating his twitter.

Nothing beats the person at the apex of your organization's management structure telling a rival fan to "get off twitter".

It's a bold face lie too. I was there I saw plenty of Panther fans tossing those dumb rubber rats onto the ice during game 5. **** that guy. His own fanbase hates him anyway, judging by the comment sections from the beat writers articles that mention him.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-23-2012, 16:08
I took a quick stroll on HF to find some clown saying that Mark Fayne should be let go because he's soft and because Peter Harrold will fill his role better.

Shame on me.

:facepalm:

I made the grave mistake of defending Fayne on twitter a couple months ago against a hoard of his detractors.

@DevRickus is one of them. He got all butthurt and went into one of those "I'm not asking you to follow me" rants instead of actually explaining to me why he thinks Fayne isn't any good.

Every fanbase has its share of morons, I suppose. Check out his tweets tomorrow night. He'll mention Fayne at least three times.

devilzrule27
04-23-2012, 16:13
I don't like Fayne but I don't hate him either. He's a solid albeit unspectacular player. Works well enough for me.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-23-2012, 16:16
I made the grave mistake of defending Fayne on twitter a couple months ago against a hoard of his detractors.

@DevRickus is one of them. He got all butthurt and went into one of those "I'm not asking you to follow me" rants instead of actually explaining to me why he thinks Fayne isn't any good.

Every fanbase has its share of morons, I suppose. Check out his tweets tomorrow night. He'll mention Fayne at least three times.

Fayne and Greene haven't been on the ice for 1 goal this series. Not a one. For someone playing in his first playoff, he's played like this is his 10th.

There are literally thousands of things to complain about with this team, yet people complain about Mark Fayne. Probably the same guys who won't attack the root of the problem (9, 17).

Darius Dangleaitis
04-23-2012, 16:19
I don't like Fayne but I don't hate him either. He's a solid albeit unspectacular player. Works well enough for me.

That's the problem with some of our fans. They don't understand that the dominant defenses of our past will never be recreated, so naturally they attack what we have now. Fayne and Greene, however, happen to be two guys that could absolutely be a part of a championship team.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-23-2012, 16:19
Yes manila, he's "soft"...

Like that gritty, playoff-hardened Volchenkov is what I want him to be.

guyincognito
04-23-2012, 16:20
That guy is a Devilsrule poster, I think. Thus he has nothing valuable to add to any conversation about anything. Twitter is just going to become like youtube commentating where you have a face attached to it (maybe).

Darius Dangleaitis
04-23-2012, 16:21
That reminds me: I think we are all in debt to DF for providing us with a place to talk hockey like the scholars and gentlemen that we are. HF is just rampant with barbarism.

Although I will admit, I'm anxiously awaiting ILIVM's GDT for game six over there.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-23-2012, 16:23
Yes manila, he's "soft"...

Like that gritty, playoff-hardened Volchenkov is what I want him to be.

Sal has blown him out of the water in this series, yet he's poised to be the one on his way out, unfortunately.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 16:24
lol, just happy to have a sane place to talk hockey.

I'll be honest, I love Mark Fayne. He's the best defenseman no one has ever heard of. I also think he'll be at Sochi.

I think Volch is battling some injury, but he's looked good the last couple. Well, relatively speaking.

vonbonds
04-23-2012, 16:25
Fayne is the prototypical fly under the radar guy because of his demeanor and unspectacular yet solid play. Fans calling him out are retarded.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-23-2012, 16:26
Sal has blown him out of the water in this series, yet he's poised to be the one on his way out, unfortunately.

I'd send Volch packing to Siberia if I could so Sal can stay, but I prefer to not have both on the team. And with Tallinder coming back and some good depth in the minors (would like to see Harrold re-signed as the 7th and spot forward), there's not a lot of room.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-23-2012, 16:27
Well Kovy, if you're really 110% (which I don't buy), you better show it tomorrow.

No one on that Florida defense is good enough to shut him down. Jovo circa 2001 might have been able to slow him down, but no longer.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 16:29
Campbell is a better defenseman than he gets credit for.

Clarkson Falls Down
04-23-2012, 16:32
Campbell is a better defenseman than he gets credit for.

I agree. He was ragged on purely for his contract. Not great defensively, but above average for sure.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-23-2012, 16:32
I really want to see Urbom stick in the fall, but I don't think there will be room. We could use his offensive abilities and combo of size and mobility.

Darius Dangleaitis
04-23-2012, 16:33
Oh sure, Campbell is fine, but against these odds, if Kovalchuk is good to go, there should be nothing holding him back from taking over this game offensively.

Devilsfanatic
04-23-2012, 16:33
I agree. He was ragged on purely for his contract. Not great defensively, but above average for sure.

At two million cheaper, he's at a bargain. I think he's a Rafalski.

Vinnie
04-23-2012, 16:44
http://i.imgur.com/ojYGq.jpg

Clarkson Falls Down
04-23-2012, 17:27
I've been really big on Fayne and funny thing I've noticed is that people I talk to online (here/HF) all feel that Fayne is a good and very underrated defensemen, but the casual fans I talk to think he sucks

What fully sold me on him aside from liking him on the ice was at one of those meet/greets a few months ago and Fayne was just a really solid guy, the guy you can sit down and have a beer with and not have the conversation die off

Because, and this is true of a lot of posters over at that other place, people don't watch or don't know how to watch defensemen. They see big hits and big slap shots and think that's what every guy is supposed to do. That's what people loved about Stevens, but truth is he was so much more than that.

And while NSP's whole Vishnevsky thing was epic at the time, the funny thing was that there were a lot of posters who thought that he was actually a good defenseman. Why? Because he threw big hits. But he was the worst positional defenseman that I've ever seen in my time watching the Devils.

Zajac's Bowl Cut
04-23-2012, 17:30
defenseman that don't score 10 goals and put up 40 assists are useless in today's NHL though, duh

Clarkson Falls Down
04-23-2012, 17:36
The discussion gets going just in time for DATW to use one of his pre-saved lack of PMD posts. He must have them saved up because they're all the same.

This is not the series to bring up the D.

devilzrule27
04-23-2012, 18:14
lol, just happy to have a sane place to talk hockey.

I'll be honest, I love Mark Fayne. He's the best defenseman no one has ever heard of. I also think he'll be at Sochi.

I think Volch is battling some injury, but he's looked good the last couple. Well, relatively speaking.

Not a chance in hell. Johnson, Suter, Gleason, Shattenkirk, Yandle, Carlson, Martin and Byfuglien all ahead of him now. And in two years time probably a few of Faulk, McDonagh, Gardiner, McBain, and Leddy will be as well.