PDA

View Full Version : Preliminary details for the FHC Dynasty league

Coach Pharling
05-22-2012, 17:15
Beginning in the 2013-2013 season FHC will launch a 30 team full keeper dynasty league.
The league will be a points based league with a salary cap that reflects that of the NHL.
The roster size will be 14 active player
9 forwards
4 defense
1 goalie
Scoring is not exactly confirmed or weighted yet but will consist of something like this,
skaters - goals, assists, shots, blocked shots, hits, power play points, short handed points
goalies - wins ot losses, shut outs, saves

There will be 5 bench players allowed of any position.
There will also be a prospect roster consisting of 6 players.
The inaugural draft will consist of 25 rounds.
Trades are not only allowed, but encouraged.
There will also be a monthly free agent or waiver claim per team.

We hope to keep the entry fee low, around the $10 range
Prizing to be determined (But it is the bragging rights we all really want)

More details to follow.

Reserve your spot now for this league as teams are limited.
send Coach Brouwer or Coach Pharling a pm for details.

ChrisWassel
05-22-2012, 17:29
Looks shiny and new....I like it.

Coach Selly
05-23-2012, 06:59
I am in and very excited about this pool!!

Coach Pharling
05-24-2012, 07:35
Looks shiny and new....I like it.
So does this mean you are in?

Craig Simpson
05-26-2012, 07:25
I'm in. Keeper Leagues are the most fun.

Budsfan19
06-02-2012, 18:41
Can I join this league? I am new to the web site but not new to fantasy hockey

Coach Selly
06-05-2012, 12:13
Are we going to be doing a live draft?

Coach Pharling
06-05-2012, 13:32
Are we going to be doing a live draft?
yes, that is the plan.
No date set at this time but sometime in August or September is my guess.

Coach Selly
06-06-2012, 07:50
yes, that is the plan.
No date set at this time but sometime in August or September is my guess.
Alrighty, thanks

Aaron Brouwer
06-13-2012, 13:36
Absolutely you can join

Can I join this league? I am new to the web site but not new to fantasy hockey

ThundaLion
06-13-2012, 18:47
Count me in.

Assistant Coach Rocca
06-13-2012, 18:54
Well, what the heck. Might as well count this guy in. That makes three keeper pools for me.

Assistant Coach Rocca
06-13-2012, 19:09
Well, what the heck. Might as well count this guy in. That makes three keeper pools for me.

Also, I want a fun name for my team. I vote we all pick fun names. City and nickname? Anyone else like the sounds of that?

Assistant Coach Rocca
06-13-2012, 19:10
One other note, I believe I've recruited someone else for this keeper pool. He will probably swing in here later tonight to sign up.

Coach Pharling
06-13-2012, 19:21
Also, I want a fun name for my team. I vote we all pick fun names. City and nickname? Anyone else like the sounds of that?

That will be part of the league for sure!

ChrisWassel
06-13-2012, 19:35
I did pay so I am in.....heh.

ChrisWassel
06-13-2012, 19:38
That is a must. The flaming Kool-Aid gets bonus points.

Coach Selly
06-14-2012, 07:48
Damnit, I so wanted to call my team, Miro Satan's Army :wink:
But, yes, I like fun team names.

Assistant Coach Rocca
06-14-2012, 08:33
Early thoughts on my team's name...

Kamloops Raging Kool-Aid

Coach Selly
06-14-2012, 09:27
Early thoughts on my team's name...

Kamloops Raging Kool-Aid

LOL! I love it!!

Aaron Brouwer
06-14-2012, 10:38
Here is the homepage for the league http://www.fantasyhockeycoach.com/content.php?1121-keeper-pool

Also I have received payment from some people. Let me know if you have paid but didn't mark it by your username.

rc7771
06-14-2012, 15:17
Hi, I'd like a spot in this league please. Sounds like a good time.

Aaron Brouwer
06-14-2012, 15:33
You can send your $10 entry fee via paypal to [email protected] please send an email or make a note on your payment of what your username is on here so we can match payments to the current user. thanks

lucjal
06-14-2012, 17:11
Sounds fun! I'm in! I just sent you my payment.

Luc

JeffShibley
06-14-2012, 21:05
I would like a spot in the league. Thanks!

1duxfan
06-15-2012, 11:15
New to fantasy hockey, is it diffuclt? Huge fan- think it could be fun! Can I join?

Coach Pharling
06-15-2012, 20:49
New to fantasy hockey, is it diffuclt? Huge fan- think it could be fun! Can I join?
The league is open to the first 30 members who sign up.
The entry fee is $10. If you love hockey just wait until you join a fantasy league! It is not that difficult no. Have you ever thought you could do a better job than the old farts running the NHL teams? Here is your opportunity to prove to yourself you are right.

1duxfan
06-15-2012, 22:51
Ok then I am in, just sent payment via paypal

Aaron Brouwer
06-16-2012, 08:51
Ok then I am in, just sent payment via paypal

Can you let me know your name or email address that you sent the money from so that I can match username to paid Thanks you can send it via private message if you prefer

Coach Selly
07-03-2012, 10:26
We still need people for this, yes?

Aaron Brouwer
07-03-2012, 17:31
Yes we need 12 more

Coach Pharling
07-03-2012, 18:07
Yes. Last time I looked there were 11 spots open
Invite your friends, post it on social media.

Zubazcrew1709
07-17-2012, 08:18
I am interested. If we have to be an nhl team i would like the sabres

Aaron Brouwer
07-17-2012, 11:20
No NHL team it will be a full draft

abu_of_the_night
07-22-2012, 11:18
I am interested in joining. Could you please sign me up?

Coach Pharling
07-26-2012, 09:49
A date for the first round of drafting has been set for Sunday September 9th for 7pm Eastern time. We will do as many rounds as possible in three to four hours.

Coach Selly
08-13-2012, 09:58
A date for the first round of drafting has been set for Sunday September 9th for 7pm Eastern time. We will do as many rounds as possible in three to four hours.
That's 4 pm for those of us on the West Coast.

Question about player positions, will right wings, left wings and centers all be considered as forwards and be able to be slotted into any forward position?

Coach Pharling
08-13-2012, 10:17
That's 4 pm for those of us on the West Coast.

Question about player positions, will right wings, left wings and centers all be considered as forwards and be able to be slotted into any forward position?

Yes, there is no distinction between forward positions.

Coach Selly
08-14-2012, 12:00
Yes, there is no distinction between forward positions.
That makes things quite a bit easier. Thanks.

When will we know that draft order for the first round? Is the order for each round going to be a random draw or will be if you pick last in the first round, you'll pick first in the second round?

Coach Selly
08-18-2012, 03:11

When will we know that draft order for the first round? Is the order for each round going to be a random draw or will be if you pick last in the first round, you'll pick first in the second round?
Oh, I just reread the draft thread, the order will be serpentine.

Coach Pharling
08-18-2012, 13:13

Once the teams are full I will do a draft lottery and announce the results.

Craig Simpson
09-03-2012, 15:58
So do we have enough teams to draft yet?

Coach Selly
09-04-2012, 07:25
Another question, are there any restrictions on who we can draft in the first 14 rounds?
The league I am currently drafting for has a rule that an owner can only take 2 goalies within the first 14.

And, what is the total number of players per team? (My brain isn't working so well right now, lol)

Coach Pharling
09-05-2012, 04:43
There are about four spots left. We will proceed with fewer than 30 teams if need be, also the writers such as Aaron and myself and Matt and Dave can draft teams that we can later sell if a gm wants to join later.
Either way the draft will proceed and I will announce the draft order very soon.
No restrictions on player or positions other than they must be in the NHL, or be NHL property.
ie you can not draft Nathan McKinnon.
Keep in mind, there are positional requirements, and limits. You only score 1 goalie.

Coach Pharling
09-05-2012, 04:47
As for roster size....
The roster size will be 14 active player
9 forwards
4 defense
1 goalie

There will be 5 bench players allowed of any position.
There will also be a prospect roster consisting of 6 players.
The inaugural draft will consist of 25 rounds.

Craig Simpson
09-05-2012, 05:17
I assume there are restrictions on the prospect roster in terms of a limit of how many NHL games they've played (so you can't have Teemu Selanne on your prospect roster).

Coach Selly
09-05-2012, 09:31
I assume there are restrictions on the prospect roster in terms of a limit of how many NHL games they've played (so you can't have Teemu Selanne on your prospect roster).
This made me laugh so hard. (The thought of Teemu being a prospect, not the comment about restrictions)

Thanks for all the info, Pharling.

Also on that note, as you all know, Teemu is mine. There will be consequences should someone else try to draft him. You have been warned. :wink:

Craig Simpson
09-06-2012, 05:33
This made me laugh so hard. (The thought of Teemu being a prospect, not the comment about restrictions)

Thanks for all the info, Pharling.

Also on that note, as you all know, Teemu is mine. There will be consequences should someone else try to draft him. You have been warned. :wink:

I picked that name specifically for you.

Coach Selly
09-06-2012, 11:15
I picked that name specifically for you.
:hug:
Although, if Teemu was a prospect this year, imagine how many more years I would get to see him playing in the NHL.

Coach Selly
09-07-2012, 07:32
So, what are our salary floor and ceiling going to be?
$70.2 mil for the ceiling and $54.2 mil for the floor?

Coach Selly
09-07-2012, 07:54
Another question about prospects, I was reading the rules and it states that they have to be under the age of 25, does the number of NHL games played matter?

So, someone like Viktor Fasth who is 30 years old but has played no games in the NHL cannot be a prospect, but Cam Fowler who is 20 years old and has played 156 NHL games can be a prospect?

Aaron Brouwer
09-07-2012, 14:35
You are correct about Fasth not being a prospect and we will be adding a NHL games played number as well, likely something similar to what is used in the FHC Prospects Guide. Under 25 years old and 25 or fewer NHL games.

Coach Selly
09-07-2012, 17:32
You are correct about Fasth not being a prospect and we will be adding a NHL games played number as well, likely something similar to what is used in the FHC Prospects Guide. Under 25 years old and 25 or fewer NHL games.

Alrighty, thanks :hug:

Aaron Brouwer
09-08-2012, 12:27
Here are a few rule changes that have been made:

1. In order for a player to be assigned to the minors he must be under the age of 25 and played 25 or fewer NHL games. If a player on your farm turns 25 or plays more then 25 games he can remain on your minor team but once you bring him up he won’t be allowed to be sent down.

2. A player that records a hat trick will get an additional 3 points and a player that records a Gordie Howe Hat Trick (goal, assist and fight) will get an additional 15 points.

3. Line-Up Changes are now weekly and due 1 minute prior to the start of the first game on Monday of each week.

4. You will be allowed 1 free agent or waiver wire transaction per week. Free agency is 1st come 1st serve. You are allowed to sign any player, as that has been draft into the NHL in any season.

5. Weekly waivers and the order is reverse order of standings and is reset every Tuesday at 4 AM EST. Waivers will be process on each Sunday at 4 AM EST, giving you two days to adjust your line-up for the upcoming week.

6. Prevention of waiver “churning” will prevent teams from putting a player on waivers by claiming and dropping him within the same Lineup Period. If that happens that player would go straight back to being a free agent, upon being dropped.

7. Fantrax will determine a random draft order once we have confirmed the remaining 10 teams.

Coach Selly
09-08-2012, 17:15
So, we won't know the draft order until right before we draft tomorrow? :(

Aaron Brouwer
09-08-2012, 17:31
Draft order is now set

Coach Selly
09-09-2012, 06:43
Thanks. And, btw, why do I always get a sucky draft position?! <sigh>
I will never have Evgeni Malkin on any of my fantasy teams, it's not fair! I want Geno!

Coach Pharling
09-09-2012, 07:55
Thanks. And, btw, why do I always get a sucky draft position?! <sigh>
I will never have Evgeni Malkin on any of my fantasy teams, it's not fair! I want Geno!
The first overall pick is available. You will have to pay to get it tho I am sure!

Coach Selly
09-09-2012, 10:31
The first overall pick is available. You will have to pay to get it tho I am sure!
Yeah, I am sure that I am not willing to give up what it would take to get it.

Are we going to have actual team names? If so, are there rules for those?

Aaron Brouwer
09-09-2012, 10:52
Teams will require a name and it is wide open. Name your teams whatever you want

Coach Selly
09-09-2012, 11:43
Teams will require a name and it is wide open. Name your teams whatever you want
I am so very stoked to hear that.
My team will be, "Miro Satan's Army"

:hockey:

Aaron Brouwer
09-09-2012, 13:21
A side note about the Cap Ceiling. We are likely going to be using a percentage of the NHL ceiling. The NHL cap is based on a roster of 20 player I believe and our roster is only 14 cutting against the cap so it would be pretty rare for someone to be over. It the interest of parity we will likely be using the NHL Cap Ceiling minus 15-25%.

You will have lots of time to adjust your roster to get under the cap.

Coach Selly
09-09-2012, 18:57
So, we do not have a cap floor, correct?

hamhocks
09-10-2012, 07:07
Can you help me understand the logic on why only your active players would count against the cap? I didn't know that when drafting. There seems no point in concerning yourself with cap numbers when drafting this way, you can just stash any overages on your bench. To complicate that further, we had several teams auto draft. Fantrax does not have them ranked based on cap concerns and so consequently these teams would be fed an average player (or an extra goalie)we bypassed due to Albatross poor contract players, and have no real penalty. If they were not autodrafted, these average players would have remained available for a prudent owner to choose later if he/she has the room. I think your entire major league roster should count towards your cap and really am confused on how that isn't the default and that there was any discussion otherwise.

Coach Selly
09-10-2012, 08:18
Can you help me understand the logic on why only your active players would count against the cap? I didn't know that when drafting. There seems no point in concerning yourself with cap numbers when drafting this way, you can just stash any overages on your bench. To complicate that further, we had several teams auto draft. Fantrax does not have them ranked based on cap concerns and so consequently these teams would be fed an average player (or an extra goalie)we bypassed due to Albatross poor contract players, and have no real penalty. If they were not autodrafted, these average players would have remained available for a prudent owner to choose later if he/she has the room. I think your entire major league roster should count towards your cap and really am confused on how that isn't the default and that there was any discussion otherwise.

Every other salary cap league I have been in does it this same way. The bench does not count against the cap.
It's my understanding that when this league was created, this was how it was set up to be played. I could be wrong about that.

This is how I see it, if the salary on your bench goes against the cap, then the points those players are producing should as well, does that make sense? Kind of like, if they are being counted, then they need to be fully counted.

There also comes a challenge when one of your active players becomes injured or isn't producing (or one of your bench players is on a tear), to replace him, the cap needs to be taken into consideration. You can't just stick any player in your line-up. It's part of what makes it interesting to be in this type of league.

There are waivers and free agent signings that can be used to gain or lose salary if that is what a team needs.

However, I do think that the cap floor should have been set before we drafted. I don't see so many teams having an issue with the ceiling but the floor could be a problem.

I am sure the Commish can give you a better explanation than I did.

hamhocks
09-10-2012, 08:44
Every other salary cap league I have been in does it this same way. The bench does not count against the cap.
It's my understanding that when this league was created, this was how it was set up to be played. I could be wrong about that.

This is how I see it, if the salary on your bench goes against the cap, then the points those players are producing should as well, does that make sense? Kind of like, if they are being counted, then they need to be fully counted.

There also comes a challenge when one of your active players becomes injured or isn't producing (or one of your bench players is on a tear), to replace him, the cap needs to be taken into consideration. You can't just stick any player in your line-up. It's part of what makes it interesting to be in this type of league.

There are waivers and free agent signings that can be used to gain or lose salary if that is what a team needs.

However, I do think that the cap floor should have been set before we drafted. I don't see so many teams having an issue with the ceiling but the floor could be a problem.
I understand why's and wherefore's of the differences. But at macro level (unless the ceiling cap is agressive) the cap had no bearing on the draft. No one had to be concerned whatsoever to the ceiling as if they end up high, they can just stash, I suspect there were guys that drafted that didn't even lookup or know any of their players salaries and come October won't even be inhibited. I don't see a NHL team that owns Rinne at 7M for 10 years going out and adding Louongo at 5.3M over the next 10 years. And then comfortably signing Weber at 7.8M for 10 years with paying Loungo having no bearing on that decision. In our case it could very well have happened in our draft. So, with me coming from that perspective, that is why i am confused and disappointed. I could have saved myself some preperation time and done a better job of drafting my football teams Ugghh

Aaron Brouwer
09-10-2012, 09:41
As mention in a previous update the cap ceiling will be a percentage of the NHL cap ceiling. This will make the cap actually significant, we are just in discussion of where that percentage will end up.

I apologize if there was confusion.

As far as autodraft, that is an unfortunate part of running a pool with so many teams. Not everyone will make it to the draft and there has to be a fair way of generating teams.

hamhocks
09-11-2012, 07:34
Just a simple thought.
NHL Cap Ceiling is appx. 3.05M per player. 23x3.05=70.15. Assuming bench/farm does not count, that leaves our 14 active players. 14x3.05M= $42,700.

Coach Selly
09-12-2012, 07:29
Don't forget to post your team rosters right here: Roster (http://www.fantasyhockeycoach.com/showthread.php?3018-Rosters)

Coach Selly
09-12-2012, 07:53
Are we allowed to trade next season's draft picks?

Aaron Brouwer
09-13-2012, 09:16
Are we allowed to trade next season's draft picks?

Yes you can trade draft picks in any of the next three seasons

Coach Selly
09-13-2012, 11:42
Yes you can trade draft picks in any of the next three seasons

Okay, thanks