PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Ryan Drawing Trade Interest From at Least Six Teams

Coach Selly
07-06-2012, 10:15
The Zach Parise sweepstakes is over, and Rick Nash's price tag remains through the roof. Bobby Ryan might not be a bad option.

Ryan appears to be drawing plenty of trade interest. The Flyers, Penguins, Maple Leafs, Senators, Red Wings and Lightning are amongst a group of teams that will make a pitch for the Ducks winger, according to the Ottawa Sun.

More... (http://www.nesn.com/2012/07/report-bobby-ryan-drawing-trade-interest-from-at-least-six-teams.html)

Mishey
07-08-2012, 09:07
The Lightning? Hmmm. I thought I read that Yzerman didn't want any of that.

Or maybe I heard it. I forget. Oh well.

I still wonder where he will land.

Coach Selly
07-09-2012, 06:55
I am wondering that same thing myself. I just want it to be over and done with. Either trade him or make-up with him, lol.
I wonder if he has actually submitted a list of teams he would like to go to.

Mishey
07-09-2012, 10:08
Does he need to? Or rather, would it matter who he wants to go to? He doesn't have any sort of trade clause, does he?

I hope he gets banished to Calgary. :naughty:

Coach Selly
07-10-2012, 05:53
Does he need to? Or rather, would it matter who he wants to go to? He doesn't have any sort of trade clause, does he?

I hope he gets banished to Calgary. :naughty:

He doesn't have any kind of NMC or NTC that I know of. I just wondered if the Ducks were going to be nice to him and try to send him somewhere he'd like to play. They certainly don't owe him anything of the sort after the comments he made.

Calgary
:biglaugh:

Mishey
07-10-2012, 09:17
I would have thought that maybe the Ducks should have pondered being nice like that before, but not after he's acted like a petulant child about it.

Coach Selly
07-22-2012, 08:50
Armchair GM: Bobby Ryan Showcase Showdown

Before I start I would like to add the following disclaimer: I still think there is a clear and distinct possibility that Bobby Ryan could spend time in a Ducks uniform next season. So this article's purpose isn't to "kick him on the way out", but rather to speculate on the current situation and some future scenarios. Okay, here we go!

Star-divide

Front Runners:

-Philadelphia Flyers: Will they give up Sean Couturier?

I know the Flyers have been pretty clear about this, but I can't see a deal going through unless Philly budges on this issue. We want Coturier, they want Ryan. It seems like a common issue with big market GM's right now: they are completely unwilling to give up any real value in a trade. If Philly wants Ryan they are going to have to give up this guy, and considering Holmgren has been very adamant about not doing just that, my guess is with every passing day the answer is more likely to be NO.

Read on (http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2012/7/20/3171918/armchair-gm-what-about-bobby)

Coach Selly
07-25-2012, 09:40
Bobby Ryan: Trade Target

The big name is off the table in the NHL’s trade market as of yesterday with the Columbus Blue Jackets trading Rick Nash to the New York Rangers for three players and a first round pick.

The inevitable speculation will now shift to who the next big name to go will be. It’s what happens when a star gets traded in the offseason. While many will be quick to point to Roberto Luongo — who could very well be traded any minute because he needs to be — I would argue that the man more likely to hire a real estate agent is Bobby Ryan, currently of the Anaheim Ducks.

Many will recall that Ryan was an apparent lock to be traded from Anaheim around the draft when his discontent became public knowledge. Presumably, during an offseason in which the Ducks have done nothing beyond acquiring Daniel Winnik, Ryan’s opinion has not been swayed back towards the Ducks despite the sunshine and minimal roster turnover.

More... (http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/07/24/bobby-ryan-trade-target/)

Mishey
07-25-2012, 13:00
I wonder if Bobby Ryan would refuse to show up until he's traded...

Coach Selly
07-26-2012, 09:50
I wonder if Bobby Ryan would refuse to show up until he's traded...
It's a possibility but I hope he won't be that unprofessional.

Mishey
07-26-2012, 10:14
I wonder because he's certainly been pretty unprofessional so far, you know?

Coach Selly
07-27-2012, 09:17
I wonder because he's certainly been pretty unprofessional so far, you know?
Heh. Yeah, he has been a bit unprofessional. There hasn't been a whole lot coming from him or from the Ducks right now, so who knows what is going on?

If we are going to trade him, I would like to see it get done sooner rather than later.

kbooks
07-30-2012, 14:25
what about Perry and Getzlaf? Both are UFA next July and based on how things went this year with Parise and Suter. If they can't lock these guys up soon should they trade them to avoid getting nothing if they walk.