PDA

View Full Version : Toronto’s Goalie tandem, and AHL-to-NHL transitional success maybe?

kbooks
07-09-2012, 14:47
As we approach the dog days of hockey, more and more Leafs fans are coming to the conclusion that there’s a strong chance we will see a James Reimer and Ben Scrivens goalie tandem to start the year.

Barring a trade for Roberto Luongo (or a surprise move for another goalie), that’s the duo the Leafs will start the season with. So with that, I decided to take a look at other AHL goalies over the years and how their numbers translated to the NHL.

In a nutshell, Ben Scrivens led the AHL in goals against average this year while also having the fifth best save percentage. A lot of fans have hung their hats on these stats and his generally-speaking strong season, and in light of this I decided to go all the way back to the 2005-2006 season and look up the top three goalies in GAA category of each season. Then, to increase the sample size, I also included the top three save percentages while pointing out notable goalies from each season that year who have had some NHL impact.

http://www.lockerpulse.com/News/Torontos-tending-tandem-and-AHL-to-NHL-transitional-success-S4032979/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Toronto-Maple-Leafs