PDA

View Full Version : Maple Leafs aren’t on Rick Nash’s trade list

kbooks
07-10-2012, 08:36
Brampton-raised Rick Nash — a power forward looking for a way out of the lowly Columbus Blue Jackets — will not approve a trade to his once-beloved Maple Leafs.

The Columbus Dispatch uncovered the six teams that Nash would approve a trade to, and none of them are in Canada.

Nash’s list of “approved” destinations are: Boston, Detroit, New York Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and San Jose.

Nash has represented Canada seven times internationally, winning Olympic gold in 2010 and world championship gold in 2007. But it appears to NBC analyst Brian Engblom that Nash wants to avoid the microscope that comes with playing hockey in Canada.

“It says he wants to get away,” Engblom, now an NBC analyst, told the Dispatch. “Every guy is different. Look at the kid (Justin Schultz) that just signed with Edmonton as a free agent. From what I could tell, he only wanted to play in Canada. I played in Canadian and U.S. markets, and I can tell you, it is different. To each his own. Some guys thrive on being under that microscope, of having that daily pressure of everybody watching you. And some guys really don’t like that.”

Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson has been criticized for asking too much for Nash, a 28-year-old right winger who hasn’t scored fewer than 30 goals in the last five years.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/article/1224157--maple-leafs-aren-t-on-rick-nash-s-trade-list