PDA

View Full Version : Biggs Solid At USA Junior Camp

kbooks
08-13-2012, 15:25
LAKE PLACID, N.Y. -- To be good, it takes a helping of luck, and Tyler Biggs had a double helping of that Saturday.

Biggs scored both goals in Team USA's 3-2 overtime loss to Finland on the final day of the USA Hockey National Junior Evaluation Camp, but neither goal could be classified as a work of art.

"I got pretty lucky with some opportunities," he told NHL.com. "I'm standing in front on the power play, Griz [Matthew Grzelcyk] throws one, bounces off me and goes up and in. I throw one across, it bounces off a guy, comes right back to me."

Each goal tied the game, with his second, with 2:44 remaining regulation, forcing overtime.

U.S. coach Phil Housley said he's been impressed how Biggs improved throughout the week. The coach believes it takes bigger players longer to get going, especially on the international-size ice, but Housley said he saw a lot of good things from the Toronto Maple Leafs power-forward prospect, who's 6-foot-2, 205 pounds.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=639634&navid=DL|TOR|home

kbooks
08-15-2012, 13:55
Perhaps if he is playing well enough in preseason he can go to the Marlies instead of the OHL. Coming from College he is not obliged to the OHL.