PDA

View Full Version : A closer look at Sharks ownership ó who they are, what they have to say

Coach Selly
08-20-2012, 11:48
There are plenty of sources out there where anybody interested can keep track of where things stand in the negotiations between the NHL and NHLPA, so I havenít felt the need to spell out the particulars here.

But letís just say itís more complicated than what share of hockey-related revenue (however it gets defined) goes to the guys lacing up the skates. The NHLPA sees increased revenue sharing as key to the survival of all 30 teams (and, by extension, all 700 NHL jobs) while the league once again sees more player give-backs as the answer. Resolve those vastly different world views and everything else will fall into place, but thatís a tall order.

I donít consider myself an alarmist, but when asked, I tell people I think itís highly unlikely thereís an agreement in place by Sept. 15 and almost equally unlikely all 82 regular-season games will be played in 2012-13.

All the rest is right here (http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/2012/08/19/as-nhl-bargaining-talks-heat-up-a-closer-look-at-the-sharks-ownership-group/)