PDA

View Full Version : Neuvirth Speaks

Coach Selly
08-23-2012, 06:45
Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth spoke to the Czech website iSport.Cz on Monday, and boy oh boy did he have some fascinating opinions to share. Talking with František Suchan, Neuvirth departed from the meek personality he’s cultivated since joining the Capitals in ’08-’09 and spoke with remarkable candor about a wide range of topics. We’d like to direct your attention to his quotes on the goalie situation in D.C.— both last season and in the future. Neuvy says he considers Braden Holtby his “weakest competition” since he’s been in D.C., expresses his frustration over always being the “bridesmaid” in net, and admits that he urged Tomas Vokoun to sign with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Get ready to have your mind blown...

On his position as starting goalie on the club

It’s true that until now, I have never been an official number one. But I have played just over a hundred games in NHL. That’s nothing. I’m starting the season sure that I want to play forty/fifty games and I am really sure that I have the weakest competition (Braden Holtby) I’ve ever had. I will try to be number one goalie this season. Finally!

More... (http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2012/08/20/michal-neuvirth-i-advised-vokoun-to-go-to-the-penguins-holtby-is-my-weakest-competition-yet/)

Coach Selly
08-23-2012, 06:47
Another big star left the Caps – Alex Semin. Some say it will help the club, some say it won’t. What do you think?

Something in between. I see the leaving of Semin as a huge minus for the team, but then again I think it may do some good. He didn’t have the best work ethic. Maybe now when Ovi will be without him, he will put more into hockey. Maybe that’s what the management was going for.

Matt Bradley said things about Semin’s work ethic as well, and he had to apologize…

But I think it’s nothing that isn’t well known. If Semin wanted to, he could have been the best player in the world, but he doesn’t want to every day. And that’s wrong.

More... (http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2012/08/21/michal-neuvirths-heel-turn-dishing-on-alex-semin-and-why-hes-glad-dale-hunter-left/)