PDA

View Full Version : Rules & Point Change Discussion

kbooks
09-28-2012, 12:00
Prospect Roster.

To get a player onto your Prospect Roster he must be under 25 and played less than 25 games in the NHL. Can a Prospect be left on that roster if he gets called up and plays more than 25 games or must the player be taken off the Prospect Roster once the age of 26 is reached or 25 games are played?

Presumably if the call up to the main roster is required in most cases someone would then have to be placed on waivers to open up a spot for the graduated prospect. Ideally once on the Prospect Roster they should be able to remain until the manager has a spot or a trade is initiated.

A clarification on this would be helpful

Aaron Brouwer
09-29-2012, 13:37
Yes a prospect can remain on your farm for as long as you want. However if you bring up a player who is no longer 25 or under or has played more then 25 games you won't be able to send him back down

openbahr
10-20-2012, 05:06
So, only our 14 starters count towards our $70m cap?? That shouldn't be hard to stay under.

What am I missing ??

David Swartzlander
10-20-2012, 08:28
It would probably help if this was edited into the Main Rules section!

KEEPER POOL CAP CEILING - NHL cap ceiling divided by 23 multiply by 14

KEEPER POOL CAP FLOOR - NHL cap floor divided by 23 multiply by 14

Coach Selly
10-20-2012, 08:35
So, only our 14 starters count towards our $70m cap?? That shouldn't be hard to stay under.

What am I missing ??

Our cap is not $70 mil, our cap is $42,730,435

Coach Selly
10-20-2012, 08:35
It would probably help if this was edited into the Main Rules section!

KEEPER POOL CAP CEILING - NHL cap ceiling divided by 23 multiply by 14

KEEPER POOL CAP FLOOR - NHL cap floor divided by 23 multiply by 14
Good point. I will message Coach Brouwer and ask him to do this.

ChrisWassel
10-22-2012, 17:48
There are a few guys on my team that have played a handful of games in the NHL yet are considered Reserve...they should be in the minors. (Newbury and Miele come to mind). Those in the minors category should not have their cap counted either which looks like the case. Oh and can I run a 23 or 24 man roster because honestly 25 seems overkill to me? Thanks.

Coach Selly
10-23-2012, 05:32
There are a few guys on my team that have played a handful of games in the NHL yet are considered Reserve...they should be in the minors. (Newbury and Miele come to mind). Those in the minors category should not have their cap counted either which looks like the case. Oh and can I run a 23 or 24 man roster because honestly 25 seems overkill to me? Thanks.

The salaries of those players deemed as prospects (on your prospect roster) and players who are in the reserves DO NOT have their salaries counting against the cap. Only the salaries of the players on your active roster go against the cap.

As far as the 23 or 24 man team goes, I really don't know if that's legal or not. It's what you have now, when you check your roster on Fantrax, is it telling you that it is illegal?

Coach Selly
10-23-2012, 05:41
As far as I can tell Andy Miele (24 years of age, 7 NHL games) can be put onto your prospect roster.
Prospects need to be under the age of 25 with less than 25 NHL games played.

Kris Newbury, however, is 30 years old (well above the age to be considered a prospect) and has played in parts of 6 NHL seasons, my personal opinion is that someone having played in that many NHL seasons doesn't really have the right to be considered a prospect anymore (I am pretty certain he wouldn't see himself that way).

*After checking your roster - Miele is already listed as being on your minors roster and Newbury is in your reserves, so neither of their salaries are being counted against your cap.

Coach Selly
12-18-2012, 07:17
Just a reminder, the Commissioner has the final say on all rule and/or point changes

Chara's Coke
04-01-2013, 09:12
Setting up my 2013-14 lineup, I worked-out next season's cap and believe it will be $41.795 million.... is this correct?

Coach Selly
04-07-2013, 04:10
Setting up my 2013-14 lineup, I worked-out next season's cap and believe it will be $41.795 million.... is this correct?
We have not decided on a salary cap for next season as of right now.

Coach Selly
06-05-2013, 05:28
The point total for the Gordie Howe Hat Trick has been lowered from 15 to 9

Coach Selly
07-02-2013, 08:34
Please check THIS THREAD (http://www.fantasyhockeycoach.com/showthread.php?6457-ATTN-GMs-Trade-amp-Trade-Posting-Changes-IMPORTANT) for information on the changes made to how trades are conducted

Coach Selly
07-02-2013, 08:38
Currently, we do not have Plus/Minus included in our scoring.
Is this something you would like to see added?

Coach Selly
07-07-2013, 03:36
Currently, we do not have Plus/Minus included in our scoring.
Is this something you would like to see added?
After discussion with the BOG, Plus/Minus will NOT be added to scoring for this season.

Coach Selly
07-28-2013, 04:09
I would like to reminder all of our GMs:

Changes to the the rules, salary cap, etc. are not just arbitrarily made by the Commissioner.
They are made after discussion between the BOG, the Co-Commissioner and the Commissioner.

The Commissioner does, however, reserve the final say in all decisions.

Craig Simpson
10-01-2013, 12:38
Our waiver claim system works like this:

Reverse Order of Standings (serpentine)
When Waiver Wire claims are processed, the lowest ranked team in the standings at that time gets first pick, the second lowest team gets second pick, and so on, all the way up to the first place team. Then in the next round, the first place team gets first pick, the second place team gets second pick, and so on, all the way down to the last place team. If a team doesn't have any more pending claims, their turn is skipped. This process continues until all teams have no more claims. For example, in a 4-team league, the order would go: 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, etc.

OK, I'm going to lodge a complaint here after being denied a number of waiver claims. What the above says is not what is happening. Look at the waiver wire order and it is in a different order. Teams that finished very high last season are getting waiver claims ahead of those of us in the lower ranks. In my view, this has provided an unfair advantage to a few teams.

Coach Selly
10-06-2013, 05:40
OK, I'm going to lodge a complaint here after being denied a number of waiver claims. What the above says is not what is happening. Look at the waiver wire order and it is in a different order. Teams that finished very high last season are getting waiver claims ahead of those of us in the lower ranks. In my view, this has provided an unfair advantage to a few teams.

It does not go by the reverse order of the standings from last season. It goes by this season.
At the beginning of the season there were no standings, so it started off as random.

When a team successfully makes a claim, they go to the end of the order until the order is reset on Fridays.

Craig Simpson
10-06-2013, 19:02
OK, thanks for the explanation. Too many leagues to keep track of all the rules!

Coach Selly
10-07-2013, 00:39
OK, thanks for the explanation. Too many leagues to keep track of all the rules!
Heh, I know what you mean.

hamhocks
10-13-2013, 17:16
I don't care about the past, but went to add a player today for an injury replacement and it says he is on waivers until next Friday. That isn't right either. if you are WW everyone for Friday, fine as of Monday game time until Friday, but then FA over the weekend.

c_robio
10-14-2013, 06:54
I don't care about the past, but went to add a player today for an injury replacement and it says he is on waivers until next Friday. That isn't right either. if you are WW everyone for Friday, fine as of Monday game time until Friday, but then FA over the weekend.

I think it's ok to have WW players only process once a week so that everyone has a chance to put in a claim. FA players though I think should go on your team immediately.

Coach Selly
10-15-2013, 07:13
So, how would you like to see the WW and FA claims work?

c_robio
10-15-2013, 07:52

I think changing the processing date from Friday to Monday. This way if you have an injury over the weekend and want to pick up a player they will be available for your lineup in the new scoring period

hamhocks
10-15-2013, 13:25
I just sent you an email as the explanation is long and technical. If you want to paste it out here for review fine.

Coach Selly
10-16-2013, 04:22
Thanks and thanks. I really appreciate the help and input

Coach Selly
10-16-2013, 05:07
Okay, so this is how it will work from here on out. Thanks so much Hamhocks!

- All available players will go to the Waiver Wire at 10:00 am Eastern Time every Monday.
- Players will remain on the Waiver Wire until Fridays at 12:00 am Eastern Time. At that time Waiver claims will be processed.

- Once the Waiver claims are processed all available players will become Free Agents and remain Free Agents from Friday until Monday at 10:00 am Eastern Time.
- Free Agent claims will now be a free for all, which means it's a First Come, First Served basis. Whichever team makes a FA claim first will receive that player.

Please remember that if a claim will put your team above the maximum amount of players legally allowed, YOU MUST DROP A PLAYER IMMEDIATELY TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE CLAIMED PLAYER. If you do not drop a player and your roster becomes illegal, your claim will be overturned by the Commissioner.

c_robio
10-16-2013, 06:04
Okay, so this is how it will work from here on out. Thanks so much Hamhocks!

- All available players will go to the Waiver Wire at 10:00 am Eastern Time every Monday
- Players will remain on the Waiver Wire until Fridays at 12:00 am Eastern Time. At that time Waiver claims will be processed.

- Once the Waiver claims are processed all available players will become Free Agents and remain Free Agents from Friday until Monday at 10:00 am Eastern Time.
- Free Agent claims will now be a free for all, which means it's a First Come, First Served basis. Whichever team makes a FA claim first will receive that player.

Please remember that if a claim will put your team above the maximum amount of players legally allowed, YOU MUST DROP A PLAYER IMMEDIATELY TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE CLAIMED PLAYER. If you do not drop a player and your roster becomes illegal, your claim will be overturned by the Commissioner.

This system is more complicated than it needs to be IMO but it does funtion better than the last one. One problem though, a bunch of FA's were picked up today and they should still be on waivers until Friday if I'm understanding this correctly.

Coach Selly
10-16-2013, 10:12
This system is more complicated than it needs to be IMO but it does funtion better than the last one. One problem though, a bunch of FA's were picked up today and they should still be on waivers until Friday if I'm understanding this correctly.
All claims that processed today were overturned and will need to be resubmitted. They will not process until Friday

c_robio
10-17-2013, 06:41
All claims that processed today were overturned and will need to be resubmitted. They will not process until Friday

I thought of a potential issue tomorrow.

Say I drop a player and pick someone up from waivers. Will that player I dropped immediately become a FA because it's the FA period or would they go on waivers until the following Friday. I think they should be going on WW for a week so just wanted to make sure that's how it's set up in Fantrax

hamhocks
10-17-2013, 10:35
I thought of a potential issue tomorrow.

Say I drop a player and pick someone up from waivers. Will that player I dropped immediately become a FA because it's the FA period or would they go on waivers until the following Friday. I think they should be going on WW for a week so just wanted to make sure that's how it's set up in Fantrax

All indications are that the players dropped will automatically go to waivers and carrying into next weeks claims. This is pasted right from Fantrax rules.
"A player will go on Waivers when he enters the available Player Pool, usually from being released by a fantasy team or from being traded by a NHL team outside your Player Pool to a NHL team in your Player Pool. If a player is not claimed from the Waiver Wire after a pre-configured amount of time, that player becomes a Free Agent."