PDA

View Full Version : ATTN. GMs - Trade & Trade Posting Changes - IMPORTANT

Coach Selly
07-02-2013, 08:16
Beginning today, July 2nd, 2013 - trades will be conducted in a different way.

All trades will now be processed by the Commissioner.

Trades must be posted in this thread: 2013-14 Trade Announcements (http://www.fantasyhockeycoach.com/showthread.php?6278-2013-14-Trade-Announcements)

GMs for all teams involved in the trade must confirm the trade in the Trade Announcements thread. One GM should post the trade and the 2nd GM should quote that post and confirm the trade, if it's a 3-way trade - the 3rd GM must also confirm. Trades will NOT be processed until all teams have confirmed.

Post should like something like this:

Trade to announce:

From Miro Satan's Army:
Eric Tangradi
2015 1st round pick (Miro Satan's Army)
Sheldon Souray

To the Springfield Isotopes in exchange for:
Zack Kassian
Steve Downie
2014 3rd round pick (Nouka)

The Commissioner will check the Trade Announcements thread at least once daily (probably more) and process the trades as soon as possible.

What this means for our GMs is that they will actually have to communicate with their fellow GMs and discuss the offers. This can be done either via email or PMs here on this site. This also means that we are trusting our GMs to respond within a reasonable time period to any offers they receive and to any further discussion around that offer. 48 hours is a reasonable time.

If you make a habit of not responding within the 48 hour time frame, you run the risk of losing your team. We want our GMs to be active and present. Non-particpating/non-communicating GMs harm the league and we are striving to make this a premium, top league.

As a GM you should be checking the posts in the league forum on FantasyHockeyCoach.com on a regular basis. At least every few days or so during the off-season and a daily or every other day basis during the regular season.

The 2013-14 Trade Block and Trade Rumours (http://www.fantasyhockeycoach.com/showthread.php?6277-2013-14-Trade-Block-and-Trade-Rumours) should be used by our GMs to post the players and picks that are available as well as what your team is looking for in trade.

Bubba83
07-02-2013, 15:07
I don't mean to undermine any decision, but can we get a little background into why this change was made? I'm used to the new system since it's the same way on TheNHLArena's leagues, but I kind of liked how easy it was to toss offers back and forth on Fantrax itself. I personally believe this change may lead to a lot fewer trades overall than the old system since it becomes a much larger hassle to complete them.

MadShark8280
07-02-2013, 20:06
I also agree with bubba this will make trading a much more complicated process and will probably result in less interacting and trading

Coach Selly
07-03-2013, 03:24
This change was discussed by the BOG and Commissioner before it was made.

Part of the reason we are doing this is to create more interaction on this site between our GMs, this is a FantasyHockeyCoach.com league not a Fantrax.com league. It will also help to weed out the GMs who are not really participating.

It shouldn't make it "much more complicated," it's just different from what we were doing.
I am in 2 other leagues that handle trading this way and I prefer it. It creates more interaction between GMs than we have in this league, it also cuts down on spur of the moment and lopsided trading.

All you have to do is send and email to a GM through the Fantrax system or send them a PM on this site and propose a trade. Once it is agreed upon, you post it in the trade announcement thread, confirm it and I will process it.

Seriously, I just completed a trade with The Landesbeautys. I sent him an email asking about Prust, he responded, deal is done and posted in the Trade Announcements thread. As soon as he confirms it, it will be processed. It's that easy.

Coach Pharling
07-03-2013, 06:28
The reason this league was created was to help establish a loyal community on FHC. There is little to no participation on FHC by most GMs. The shout box on fantrax is where most trade negotiations begin and we need trades to be posted on FHC. That should not really diminish trades. It would be ideal if we could transition more activity from fantrax to FHC, hence the roster thread page, which is only partially completed. Selly has been struggling with responses and participation from several GMs. Perhaps its because its the offseason. Regardless we want this league to be full of GMs who are highly active and regular to the FHC site.
We are always open to suggestions and feedback on how to improve the league and the FHC site.

Budsfan19
07-03-2013, 10:22
In fairness this is just to post the final deal. The negotiation etc has not changed. It is just to finalize deals and make one place people can come and see what is the end result and what deals have been made!

GoldenBrett
07-06-2013, 08:56
I understand the concept of posting the trades on the site, but it can also be done a different way. You may as well make the fantrax system be a commissioner only approval for trades. Have teams propose the trades and accept them, then post to site. After they have posted, then commish can process. As it is now, commish has to enter the trade in fantrax and approve, creating more work.

As far as getting more discussion or visits to the site, this is always a problem of any league. I run 3 leagues, and it's like pulling teeth to get people to go there. I'm not sure it's a result of bad owners, just people like to go to one spot.

c_robio
07-06-2013, 13:57
I agree

I prefer to make a proposal within fantrax with a little comment, and then go back and forth that way. Everything is already on the site

Coach Selly
07-07-2013, 03:25
I understand the concept of posting the trades on the site, but it can also be done a different way. You may as well make the fantrax system be a commissioner only approval for trades. Have teams propose the trades and accept them, then post to site. After they have posted, then commish can process. As it is now, commish has to enter the trade in fantrax and approve, creating more work.

As far as getting more discussion or visits to the site, this is always a problem of any league. I run 3 leagues, and it's like pulling teeth to get people to go there. I'm not sure it's a result of bad owners, just people like to go to one spot.

It really doesn't create any more work for me as I was posting ALL the trades and trade blocks for EVERY team to this site before the change. Because even though it has been posted since the beginning of the first season that trades need to be posted on this site, none of the GMs can actually be bothered to take 30 seconds to do it. The new way is less work for me.

That being said, we (the BOG & Commissioners) will CONSIDER making it so trades can be proposed on Fantrax and I just do the processing after they have been accepted. IF we do decide to change it, TRADES WILL STILL HAVE TO BE POSTED IN THE TRADE ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD ON THIS SITE & CONFIRMED BY ALL TEAMS INVOLVED BEFORE I PROCESS THEM. Trades would not be official until processed by the Commissioner. The 48 hour time period will also still apply.

c_robio
07-19-2013, 06:55
Any word on this ? Would like to make offers in Fantrax and then post here if accepted

Coach Selly
07-20-2013, 06:58
Any word on this ? Would like to make offers in Fantrax and then post here if accepted
At this point in time, trades will remain as they currently are.

Seriously, it's not that difficult. Go under TEAM in the menu click on OWNER LIST, put a check in the box by the team you want to discuss a trade with, scroll to the bottom, put something like TRADE OFFER in the subject box, write your offer in the message box and click SEND.

c_robio
07-20-2013, 08:28
No one said it's difficult, just more work for everyone and likely less trading

Coach Selly
07-21-2013, 07:00
No one said it's difficult, just more work for everyone and likely less trading
Personally, I don't find it to be that much more work. I am in 2 other leagues that do it this way and there is tons of trading going on in both of them. Actually there is quite a bit more trading going in in those leagues than there ever was here even before the trading process was changed, including trading during this past season.

I prefer this way to the other way because I tend to have much more discussion with the other GM before a trade is made, usually resulting in something that was much better for both teams than the original offer.

Coach Selly
07-21-2013, 07:26
*Actually, make that 3 other leagues. (I forgot about the one I joined late last season because I joined it after the trade deadline)