PDA

View Full Version : Waiver claims open tomorrow - monday, august 12th, 2013

Coach Selly
08-11-2013, 06:30
Off –season Waiver Claims will open tomorrow, Monday, August 12th, 2013 at 12:00 am EST.
Drops will also be enabled when the Waiver Claims open.

At this point in time, the roster limit is 35 players – this includes your Prospect Roster.
All teams will need to reduce their rosters to 32 players by September 20th, 2013 and then have them at the regular season limit of 30 players by October 1st, 2013.

Until the start of the regular season, all players (not on one of our teams) will remain on waivers and waiver claims will process at 12:00 am each Friday. The Waiver Wire order will also reset at this time. All players will go onto the Waiver Wire at 12:05 am on Fridays.

During the off-season, the Waiver Wire Claim order will be randomized.
From Fantrax:
“Random (serpentine)
When Waiver Wire claims are processed, the order of the picks is randomly generated and uses a serpentine order system.”

Once the regular season begins it will go in reverse order of the standings.
From Fantrax:
“Reverse Order of Standings (serpentine)
When Waiver Wire claims are processed, the lowest ranked team in the standings at that time gets first pick, the second lowest team gets second pick, and so on, all the way up to the first place team. Then in the next round, the first place team gets first pick, the second place team gets second pick, and so on, all the way down to the last place team. If a team doesn't have any more pending claims, their turn is skipped. This process continues until all teams have no more claims. For example, in a 4-team league, the order would go: 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, etc.”

TEAMS MAY ADD UP TO TWO PLAYERS PER WEEK DURING THE OFF-SEASON. THIS WILL BE REDUCED TO ONE WAIVER CLAIM PER WEEK WHEN THE REGULAR SEASON BEGINS.

If a claim puts a team above the off-season roster limit of 35 players, the claim will not process.

WHEN MAKING A WAIVER CLAIM IF IT WILL PUT YOUR TEAM OVER THE ROSTER LIMIT, MAKE SURE YOU DROP A PLAYER AT THE TIME OF SUBMITTING YOUR WAIVER CLAIM. (If for some reason the claim does process and it puts your team over the 35 player limit, the Commissioner will overturn that claim.)

This same process will apply after the roster limit drops to 32 players and then to 30 players. The only difference being that once the regular season begins, if a team is over the roster limit - IT WILL NOT ACCUMULATE ANY POINTS FOR THE TIME PERIOD IT IS ILLEGAL.

kbooks
08-12-2013, 12:51
A bit puzzled about the waiver claim process. We are limited to 2 waiver claims per week but I notice that a number of teams have submitted multiple claims. Is it safe to assume that if multiple claims (more than 2) are submitted they will be processed in order of submission and the list will be processed in order until two successful claims are completed after which any remaining claims will be ignored. If the player on the list of submitted claims is still available next week the claim for that player would need to be submitted again?

Wanderer
08-13-2013, 11:14
There somehow needs to be a way to turn off the option that allows everyone to see the other teams' waiver claims. That just does not seem right to me.

hamhocks
08-13-2013, 13:01
There somehow needs to be a way to turn off the option that allows everyone to see the other teams' waiver claims. That just does not seem right to me.
WOW, yea that kinda sucks, i didn't notice it. Though probably bad advice, i don't like giving 32 free waiver ideas in a paid league.
I have deleted mine until it is fixed i guess.
I think this setting is wrong. Unless there is some reason this was intended, which i can't fathom.
Pending claims/drops are viewable by: All Teams

hamhocks
08-13-2013, 13:06
We are limited to 2 waiver claims per week but I notice that a number of teams have submitted multiple claims. Is it safe to assume that if multiple claims (more than 2) are submitted they will be processed in order of submission and the list will be processed in order until two successful claims are completed after which any remaining claims will be ignored. If the player on the list of submitted claims is still available next week the claim for that player would need to be submitted again?
That is the theory yes, i think this setting.
Max # of claims per week: 2 ( Free Agents: 1 , Waiver Wire: 2 ) starting every Monday
will prevent more than 2.

Coach Selly
08-14-2013, 06:47
That is the theory yes, i think this setting.
Max # of claims per week: 2 ( Free Agents: 1 , Waiver Wire: 2 ) starting every Monday
will prevent more than 2.
At this point in time since all players are on waivers there are no free agent claims. When the season begins and free agents are available there will be one free agent claim and one waiver claim allowed per week.

I will see if I can change the settings so other teams cannot see the claims made.

You can submit more than 2 claims and put them in the order you would like them made. Say you put in 4 claims and the player you wanted for your for 1st and 3rd claims are claimed by teams ahead of you in the waiver order, you would not receive those players. But, since you have 4 claims in and the 2nd and 4th players are still available, you would receive them

Coach Selly
08-14-2013, 06:56
Okay it should be fixed, claims should only be viewable by the team that has the claim pending.