PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent Claims Open on October 1st, 2013

Coach Selly
09-29-2013, 05:20
Free agent claims will begin on October 1st, 2013, the first day of the NHL season.

Each team will be allowed ONE free agent claim AND ONE waiver wire claim per week. (A total of TWO claims per week)

Claims will process on Fridays at 12:00 am Eastern Time (that's midnight)

Claims will be in the Reverse order of the standings and Serpentine.

---- When claims are processed, the lowest ranked team in the standings at that time gets first pick, the second lowest team gets second pick, and so on, all the way up to the first place team. Then in the next round, the first place team gets first pick, the second place team gets second pick, and so on, all the way down to the last place team. If a team doesn't have any more pending claims, their turn is skipped. This process continues until all teams have no more claims. For example, in a 4-team league, the order would go: 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, etc.

Bubba83
10-01-2013, 19:51
The claims processed today instead of Friday as mentioned. I was waiting to toss my hat in on a player who got claimed today until later in the week as I thought they were processing Friday. What's going to happen with this?

Wanderer
10-01-2013, 20:20
Hi Coach Selly,

Same issue on my end. Why were waiver claims processed today (Monday) and not this Friday? Is there any way to rewind the undue todays claim and have them done this Friday?

Thanks.

Coach Selly
10-06-2013, 04:51
I emailed Fantrax about the problem but they haven't replied. I think it had something to do with the FA claims opening on the 1st and also having all available players on Waivers at that point in time.

I believe that I can still reverse those claims at this point in time but I am not certain about it.
Would the majority of the GMs like to see the claims that were processed on the incorrect day reversed (if I can do it)?

openbahr
10-06-2013, 05:48
It seems that the fair thing to do is reverse it.

Coach Pharling
10-06-2013, 07:02
I think it should be reversed. A bunch of teams missed out.

Assistant Coach Carr
10-06-2013, 07:20
I think those claims should be reversed but if that happens, we need to set the order back to what it was as well. I was 3rd on the WW when I was awarded Thomas so if everybody wants to put a claim in on someone they wouldn't wind up with in the end anyway, thats fine by me. JHP and TS are the only teams that should have a chance at claiming him ahead of me.

GoldenBrett
10-06-2013, 09:19
The best thing to do is set it per league rules. If not, just chalk it up to a error on fantrax part of a new season.

Wanderer
10-06-2013, 09:36
If the error can be fixed then I believe it is the fair thing to do. As long as the FA claims order is also reverted back to what it was when the error was made (like Coach Carr mentioned).

Bubba83
10-06-2013, 14:19
I'm with everyone else, I'd like to see them reversed and the order set to the way it was for the next period.

1duxfan
10-06-2013, 17:26
I will go along with the majority here!

I'm with everyone else, I'd like to see them reversed and the order set to the way it was for the next period.

Craig Simpson
10-06-2013, 18:57
Yes, reverse it and make sure the WW claim order is also correct.

abu_of_the_night
10-06-2013, 21:15
I agree that it should be reversed.

rc7771
10-07-2013, 03:26
Fix it if you can, but the order would indeed need to be reset as well. If those things cannot both be done, then I say leave it as it is.

c_robio
10-08-2013, 08:17
Fix it if you can, but the order would indeed need to be reset as well. If those things cannot both be done, then I say leave it as it is.

This

Budsfan19
10-08-2013, 11:12

lucjal
10-10-2013, 04:12
I emailed Fantrax about the problem but they haven't replied. I think it had something to do with the FA claims opening on the 1st and also having all available players on Waivers at that point in time.

I believe that I can still reverse those claims at this point in time but I am not certain about it.
Would the majority of the GMs like to see the claims that were processed on the incorrect day reversed (if I can do it)?

Hey Selly,
i'm not ok with reversing the claims.. I know all the hipe is around Tim Thomas, but I picked up a sleeper in Jason Demers (I thought it would be processed that Friday). If the claim was done that Friday, I'm very confident I would have claimed him. Now, 2 weeks into the season, Demers looks good and racked up a few points. Now if the claims are undone, I might not end up with Demers and I feel this situation would be unfair to me. While I agree with the other GM's on the Thomas situation, my own situation would be unfair to me if it was undone. Thanks for taking this into account, MWR

Coach Selly
10-10-2013, 05:09
Hey Selly,
i'm not ok with reversing the claims.. I know all the hipe is around Tim Thomas, but I picked up a sleeper in Jason Demers (I thought it would be processed that Friday). If the claim was done that Friday, I'm very confident I would have claimed him. Now, 2 weeks into the season, Demers looks good and racked up a few points. Now if the claims are undone, I might not end up with Demers and I feel this situation would be unfair to me. While I agree with the other GM's on the Thomas situation, my own situation would be unfair to me if it was undone. Thanks for taking this into account, MWR

I will take this into account.

Coach Selly
10-10-2013, 05:10
Okay, I can reverse the claims. What I am now looking into is resetting the claim order.
If I can reset the order, it is also going to change the claim order for the periods after it. Meaning that the claim order that is now valid will change.

Coach Selly
10-10-2013, 05:19
Did any other GMs have a claim in for Demers?

Coach Selly
10-10-2013, 05:54
There is another potential issue with overturning these claims;
Any successful claims that were made for players dropped by the teams that made the claims would also be overturned as those players would return back to the teams they were on before the claims processed.

The same thing would apply to any successful claims for players dropped to pick up the dropped players, etc.

c_robio
10-10-2013, 06:14
Did any other GMs have a claim in for Demers?

No, but I was planning to put one in before the claims were supposed to process

Bubba83
10-12-2013, 15:57
No, but I was planning to put one in before the claims were supposed to process

Same here, the argument that he's a sleeper is preposterous. He's had a good offensive season on the bottom pairing before and isn't getting paid much. I'm a Sharks fan and definitely had the claim in my plans before the Sharks had opened the season so well (Which also is no surprise to me).

With that said, I am probably near the end of the claims list, since I was expecting to finish in the money last year only to find out at the very end that only the top 3 would get paid.

-Bloody Water

Wanderer
10-12-2013, 17:46
Are we still talking about this? Why wasn't this mistake corrected as soon as it was discovered and why are we still debating this? At this point it is too late, and we need to move on.

Bubba83
10-12-2013, 19:08
Are we still talking about this? Why wasn't this mistake corrected as soon as it was discovered and why are we still debating this? At this point it is too late, and we need to move on.

Sadly, I think I agree with you at this point everything has changed.

Coach Selly
10-13-2013, 05:36
Yes and I am very, very sorry that I did not spot it and overturn those claims. This is something that I should have taken care within a couple of days. I apologize.

This issue has been causing me a lot of stress and at this point, I don't think it is okay to overturn those claims. Had it been done within a couple of days, then yes but not so far down the line.

What I can say is that something like this will not happen again. I will make sure to pay much closer attention to the league and claims, etc. My work schedule has lightened up a bit and I will have more time to devote to the league from now on.

Once again, I am sorry.

Coach Selly
10-15-2013, 07:11
The comments about WW and FA claims and how they should work has been moved to:
Rules & Point Change Discussion (http://www.fantasyhockeycoach.com/showthread.php?5540-Rules-amp-Point-Change-Discussion)

Coach Selly
10-15-2013, 07:12
Any other comments should also be made in the thread posted above.