All things Ilya Kovalchuk

Page 1 of 28 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Ilya Kovalchuk

All things Ilya Kovalchuk

Jim's right. We're here for real hockey talk. So lets make it real.

This guy, he's been polarizing as hell. He made so many good things happen the last game, and then one turnover ends it all.

Jim says this is the worst move in franchise history. I think, you know what, maybe. But I'm not ready to declare it as such, yet.

He really, really needs to make the easy play and not the high risk play, it screws you. It did last night. While the goal wasn't his fault as such, he caused the play to go the other way and the rest of the team didn't do anything to prevent it and ended up looking just stupid.

Will anyone take him should we chose to trade him? Is he immovable? Can he work?

Discuss.

Easy to jump on Kovy cause his mistakes are glaring but the team as a whole is playing awful. We should and will be able to be successful with Kovy as a key part of this franchise.

He needs to be more consistent. I would sacrifice points for safer decisions with the puck.

Do I think he can work out? Yes, but it will take a lot of work and patience by both Kovy and the coaches.

Is it the worst move in franchise history? It could be if it doesn't work out. He needs to learn defense for this to work. When he is older he will be relied on to be a veteran that you can trust at any time and that you want to put on the ice. If Zach doesn't get signed because of Kovy I will be extremely upset.

Lastly, he isn't a RW. Please put him back on LW so he can play his best and be comfortable.

Well we got 14 years to figure out if it was the worst move in franchise history. haha

As far as reeling kovy in, I don't think that works. Kovy gets into trouble when he starts to think the game too much. Just let him play his game and as long as he has linemates who understand what that means it will be fine. Right now we have a team full of guys trying to force plays. They need to relax like they did during the second half of last season.

I was saying it yesterday, everyone is garbage, but he's making crap look decent. The defense has been a big problem too. They're beat by anyone fast. Evander Kane probably had his best game as a pro last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    I was saying it yesterday, everyone is garbage, but he's making crap look decent. The defense has been a big problem too. They're beat by anyone fast. Evander Kane probably had his best game as a pro last night.
    The defense has been coned and out of position way too much this season. I understand there are rookies but it is unacceptable. Also, Volchenkov and Salvador on the same pairing is repulsive. They are way too slow and their puck handling skills are atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    The defense has been coned and out of position way too much this season. I understand there are rookies but it is unacceptable. Also, Volchenkov and Salvador on the same pairing is repulsive. They are way too slow and their puck handling skills are atrocious.
    I understood the logic behind it considering Volchenkov's success playing alongside Phillips for years but I agree the pairing has been awful. I think they need to consider getting another kid up here. Bryce just isn't cutting it.

Well, they split them up yesterday and Volchenkov looked amazing. It was probably his best game as a Devil last night. But then he played minimal minutes, so I don't get it?

Quote Originally Posted by devilzrule27 View Post
    I understood the logic behind it considering Volchenkov's success playing alongside Phillips for years but I agree the pairing has been awful. I think they need to consider getting another kid up here. Bryce just isn't cutting it.
    Bryce has good and bad games. It is always nice to have a veteran like him and you never know what his presence in the locker room is.

I would like to see us dress 7 defensemen and 11 forwards. We barely use the 4th liners anyways and by the end of the game someone is being double shifted on their line or we just roll 3 lines anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by devilzrule27 View Post
    I don't think Lou will do that unfortunately. I figure he won't be back next year though and hopefully we fill the spot with a capable puck mover or 2 way guy.

I'd like to see Taormina up. We could really use a guy who can QB a PP. I'm surprised we haven't seen him up to be honest with how bad the PP has been.

Page 1 of 28 123 11 ... LastLast