All things Ilya Kovalchuk - Page 3

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Ilya Kovalchuk

Quote Originally Posted by devilzrule27 View Post
    Well our defensive minded dmen aren't exactly getting the job done.

As for using 7 dmen, I personally am not a fan of it. Putting a guy out there cold in important situations, like a power play, just creates more problems in my opinion.
    The defenseman wouldn't be cold if he was periodically given a shift. It also allows for someone that is having a tough game to sit for a while and calm down. This wouldn't require the defense to carry the slack and be tired while someone is sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by devilzrule27 View Post
    Well our defensive minded dmen aren't exactly getting the job done.

As for using 7 dmen, I personally am not a fan of it. Putting a guy out there cold in important situations, like a power play, just creates more problems in my opinion.
    I don't see where we can lose at this point. The PP has no where to go but up. If this keeps up, our PP will be operating at a minus within no time. I understand maybe having a fear of giving up shorties, but that's already going on. It's not like he's not going to play at all 5 on 5. If you manage his minutes right, he can easily get 13, 14 minutes a night.

I guess I'd just like to keep using a 6 man D with Tao in it. The end result is the same, lets get Tao up here and on the PP and Kovy off the point.

Kovalchuk absolutely cannot play the point anymore. It was never a good idea, nor will it ever be. Zajac at the point makes the most sense to me, when he comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    Kovalchuk absolutely cannot play the point anymore. It was never a good idea, nor will it ever be. Zajac at the point makes the most sense to me, when he comes back.
    I really want this, but I just have a feeling it won't happen.

I don't forwards at the point in general but yeah if Tao isn't up here then TravTrav and Larsson at the point would be a drastic improvement. In the mean time I wouldn't be against Fayne sliding up to the first unit and play opposite point to Larsson, assuming the roster stays the same.

Almost every team seems to go with a forward at the point. They just have to have hockey smarts to do so. Brad Richards being a key example.

Doesn't mean I have to like it! I'm a nonconformist dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    I really want this, but I just have a feeling it won't happen.
    I'll be shocked if it ever happens, but I don't understand how they are letting this go on. Just gotta reduce his responsibilities a little bit - let him become just a shooter and a finisher on the PP. Let other players do the heavy lifting on the points.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    I'll be shocked if it ever happens, but I don't understand how they are letting this go on. Just gotta reduce his responsibilities a little bit - let him become just a shooter and a finisher on the PP. Let other players do the heavy lifting on the points.
    I think the problem is that when you are so close it is a lot more difficult to look at things objectively. The coaches see a lot of close chances and think to themselves "it is so close, eventually it will work".

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast