All things Ilya Kovalchuk - Page 3

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 271

Thread: All things Ilya Kovalchuk

                  
   
   
   
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by devilzrule27 View Post
    Well our defensive minded dmen aren't exactly getting the job done.

    As for using 7 dmen, I personally am not a fan of it. Putting a guy out there cold in important situations, like a power play, just creates more problems in my opinion.
    The defenseman wouldn't be cold if he was periodically given a shift. It also allows for someone that is having a tough game to sit for a while and calm down. This wouldn't require the defense to carry the slack and be tired while someone is sitting.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by devilzrule27 View Post
    Well our defensive minded dmen aren't exactly getting the job done.

    As for using 7 dmen, I personally am not a fan of it. Putting a guy out there cold in important situations, like a power play, just creates more problems in my opinion.
    I don't see where we can lose at this point. The PP has no where to go but up. If this keeps up, our PP will be operating at a minus within no time. I understand maybe having a fear of giving up shorties, but that's already going on. It's not like he's not going to play at all 5 on 5. If you manage his minutes right, he can easily get 13, 14 minutes a night.

  3. #23
    I guess I'd just like to keep using a 6 man D with Tao in it. The end result is the same, lets get Tao up here and on the PP and Kovy off the point.

  4. #24
    Kovalchuk absolutely cannot play the point anymore. It was never a good idea, nor will it ever be. Zajac at the point makes the most sense to me, when he comes back.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    Kovalchuk absolutely cannot play the point anymore. It was never a good idea, nor will it ever be. Zajac at the point makes the most sense to me, when he comes back.
    I really want this, but I just have a feeling it won't happen.

  6. #26
    I don't forwards at the point in general but yeah if Tao isn't up here then TravTrav and Larsson at the point would be a drastic improvement. In the mean time I wouldn't be against Fayne sliding up to the first unit and play opposite point to Larsson, assuming the roster stays the same.

  7. #27
    Almost every team seems to go with a forward at the point. They just have to have hockey smarts to do so. Brad Richards being a key example.

  8. #28
    Doesn't mean I have to like it! I'm a nonconformist dammit!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    I really want this, but I just have a feeling it won't happen.
    I'll be shocked if it ever happens, but I don't understand how they are letting this go on. Just gotta reduce his responsibilities a little bit - let him become just a shooter and a finisher on the PP. Let other players do the heavy lifting on the points.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    I'll be shocked if it ever happens, but I don't understand how they are letting this go on. Just gotta reduce his responsibilities a little bit - let him become just a shooter and a finisher on the PP. Let other players do the heavy lifting on the points.
    I think the problem is that when you are so close it is a lot more difficult to look at things objectively. The coaches see a lot of close chances and think to themselves "it is so close, eventually it will work".

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Happy Birthday Ilya Kovalchuk
    By jkrdevil in forum New Jersey Devils
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-15-2012, 12:10
  2. The Fantasy Value of Ilya Kovalchuk...
    By guyincognito in forum Fantasy Forwards
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 14:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •