All things Ilya Kovalchuk - Page 5

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Ilya Kovalchuk

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    I believe this is a good point, yes. I thought Gomez on re-entry would work for him. But then, do we really want to make a whole host of moves just to satisfy him? Is that the way?
    If getting him going on a consistent basis, which will make the team better, mean picking up players that will "satisfy" him, then yeah that is the right way.

I guess this isn't the Devils we're used to. I think Zajac and Kovalchuk and Henrique and Parise is a good group. Then Patty gets smaller minutes on line three, which can help him at this point in his career.

I guess this isn't the Devils we're used to. I think Zajac and Kovalchuk and Henrique and Parise is a good group. Then Patty gets smaller minutes on line three, which can help him at this point in his career.
    There are other bright spots in the future too. I have high hopes for Josefson and Tedenby too. I just want them to keep everyone together and build a "team".

At this point, they need to just ignore Kovy. Don't pass to him unless he's absolutely open for a shot. Have someone else move the puck up the ice or just use a regular outlet pass, dump, chase, etc.

He's got his fingerprints all over the team and that needs to change. He needs to be reduced to just a shot to get some confidence. The problem is that we don't have anyone who can be dominant with the puck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    There are other bright spots in the future too. I have high hopes for Josefson and Tedenby too. I just want them to keep everyone together and build a "team".
    I think both those guys need to be paired with the responsible until they can handle it on their own. Teddy with Zach and Henrique and Josefson with Kovy and Zajac. With a healthy team, our possibilities are endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Volchenkov View Post
    At this point, they need to just ignore Kovy. Don't pass to him unless he's absolutely open for a shot. Have someone else move the puck up the ice or just use a regular outlet pass, dump, chase, etc.

He's got his fingerprints all over the team and that needs to change. He needs to be reduced to just a shot to get some confidence. The problem is that we don't have anyone who can be dominant with the puck.
    Rhodes81 says that is how he was used in ATL.

I was in favor of the signing and the contract (though part of that was if everyone else was getting away with it we should too). However I was in favor of it assuming they would have both Parise and Kovalchuk and play on different lines. My idea was being able to come at waves against the opposition making it harder to match-up against. You could double shift both of them a end up having about 40-45 minutes of a 60 minutes with a top threat goal scorer on the ice. Why you would give someone that size contract and then move their position doesn't make sense to me.

Putting them together and trying to force it is bad idea. Kovalchuk is even worse defensively on the right side. I think Zach would be better at right wing, but they clearly don't want to move him out of position for Kovalchuk and **** him off. They need to be on separate lines because they both need to play left wing.

I kind of want to talk about the people that think Larsson is slow....they have no fucking clue. When this KID figures it out, he will determine the pace of the game. His play, the good and the bad gives me a hard-on that is how good he is.

I think both those guys need to be paired with the responsible until they can handle it on their own. Teddy with Zach and Henrique and Josefson with Kovy and Zajac. With a healthy team, our possibilities are endless.

Rhodes81 says that is how he was used in ATL.
    I completely agree with those lines. At the beginning of the season I was kind of upset that Teddy wasn't given a chance to play in the top 6, while NaPalm was being gifted a spot. But now I am happy with how he has been treated and I think he will be 10 times better because of it. I can't wait for the day he is in the top 6 with real talent and has enough strength to battle for the puck and maintain possession.

Quote Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
    I kind of want to talk about the people that think Larsson is slow....they have no fucking clue. When this KID figures it out, he will determine the pace of the game. His play, the good and the bad gives me a hard-on that is how good he is.
    They say he is slow because he has gotten beaten flat footed a couple times because of rookie indecision he will be fine. Plus he isn't a skate it end to end defensemen like Coffey or even Niedermayer. He is a passer, so he gets the slow label by uniformed.

Quote Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
    Wait people think he's slow? I don't frequent HF much. That seems a bit silly.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast