All things Ilya Kovalchuk - Page 6

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Ilya Kovalchuk

Quote Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
    I was in favor of the signing and the contract (though part of that was if everyone else was getting away with it we should too). However I was in favor of it assuming they would have both Parise and Kovalchuk and play on different lines. My idea was being able to come at waves against the opposition making it harder to match-up against. You could double shift both of them a end up having about 40-45 minutes of a 60 minutes with a top threat goal scorer on the ice. Why you would give someone that size contract and then move their position doesn't make sense to me.

Putting them together and trying to force it is bad idea. Kovalchuk is even worse defensively on the right side. I think Zach would be better at right wing, but they clearly don't want to move him out of position for Kovalchuk and **** him off. They need to be on separate lines because they both need to play left wing.

They literally ran into one another the game against Minnesota because each was trying to get to the left side hahaha. I mean, that's just sad. I don't do that and I play in a men's league. I play on the side I'm supposed to be on. I have no experience and I'm smarter with the puck than Ilya Kovalchuk.

Jim, you're right. Larsson is going to be a dominating defenseman in his prime. No 18-19 year old does what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by devilzrule27 View Post
    Wait people think he's slow? I don't frequent HF much. That seems a bit silly.
    On HF, if he makes a mistake, they are ALL over him lmao.

No, it wouldn't but it would be awesome. He was kind of a jerk when I asked him for an autograph at Stevens HOF ceremony. He thought I was gonna sell it lol.

Sorry to be a jerk and move posts around. But I thought we'd keep topics where they belong. Larsson stuff is with Larsson, anything about the other place is in the welcome thread and anything that LNS posts, goes to party and bullshit, where he should be most times lol.

Lets keep this about Kovy. I'm sure he'll give us all excellent material in the next few days. Like tomorrow, when yours truly meets him.

Seriously, is there a dumber player in the top six? Henrique has less than 20 games in the NHL and he plays a smarter game.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    Sorry to be a jerk and move posts around. But I thought we'd keep topics where they belong. Larsson stuff is with Larsson, anything about the other place is in the welcome thread and anything that LNS posts, goes to party and bullshit, where he should be most times lol.

Lets keep this about Kovy. I'm sure he'll give us all excellent material in the next few days. Like tomorrow, when yours truly meets him.
    Good job boss. Some order is not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
    Seriously, is there a dumber player in the top six? Henrique has less than 20 games in the NHL and he plays a smarter game.
    Jim, like I said. I've never played organized, just shinny on the pond, because my parents thought it was too dangerous. But this year, I picked it up as well, and *I* have better hockey sense. I'm being dead honest. I have zero turnovers off bad passes.

And thanks for the words haha. I don't want to be a ****, but it just helps us out a bit, I feel that's all. I promise, I won't die a hero or live long enough to see myself become the villain.

Palmieri was probably dumber, but he's naturally dumb, just not hockey dumb. I think he'd get lost in a tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
    Palmieri was probably dumber, but he's naturally dumb, just not hockey dumb. I think he'd get lost in a tunnel.
    LMAO. Kovy actually seems somewhat intelligent in every day conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
    1. He is in the AHL now, 2. I never saw Nick make a pass/dangerous move within 5 feet of the blue line as dumb as Kovalchuk does 4 or 5 times every game.

Quote Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
    1. He is in the AHL now, 2. I never saw Nick make a pass/dangerous move within 5 feet of the blue line as dumb as Kovalchuk does 4 or 5 times every game.
    That's what gic is saying. That Palmieri is just dumb off the ice. On the ice, he's not that bad.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast