The News From Around the League Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The News From Around the League Thread

We got jobbed so hard. The only team in our conference that can steadily make the playoffs is probably the Penguins.

Quote Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
    Bobby Mac now confirms. 4-conferences next year. Get ready to hate Pit, Phi, NYR, NYI, Was, and Car. Well we already hate all those teams.
    Which is what I don't get. They say they want to foster rivalries - well, these rivalries have been fostered already.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    Which is what I don't get. They say they want to foster rivalries - well, these rivalries have been fostered already.
    For the teams around the first divisional playoff rounds they are established. For the newer teams they need this. Take the Lightning for example I think the most they have ever played a team in the playoffs is twice, that is us. Carolina has fostered a rivalry with us, but basically no one else. And let's not even tough the west where there are much more newer teams. I think the big mistake the league made was moving away from the divisional playoffs when they started to expand. Those new teams have not been able to foster anything. The big problem before was 16 of 21 teams making it. I think it will be a nice balance now. Especially if they reseed after divisional/conference playoffs.

Not to mention some of timezone problems that have been fixed with this.

What about scheduling, they are saying home and home against out of conference teams.

For the 7 team divisions that 6X6, 23X2 = 82

For the 8 team divisions that is 7X6, 22X2 = 86

So if I'm not messing up my math, this is uneven.

What about scheduling, they are saying home and home against out of conference teams.

For the 7 team divisions that 6X6, 23X2 = 82

For the 8 team divisions that is 7X6, 22X2 = 86

So if I'm not messing up my math, this is uneven.
    Conferences with 8 would basically be split. You play three teams 6 times, the other four 5 times.

I hope they name the conferences something other than Northeast, Atlantic, etc. I like the divisional playoffs though.

This makes signing Zach more important than ever. We are in the toughest conference in the NHL and if we want to have any chance of making the playoffs in the near future we need him.

I just hope that our conference isn't so beat up by the end of the season that they are dead for the playoffs.

I will be extremely impressed if we win the cup though.

Well, I think that it sets up for a possible 2 team expansion then because I think it's a little better if every team plays their division partners 6 times.

Well, I think that it sets up for a possible 2 team expansion then because I think it's a little better if every team plays their division partners 6 times.
    Expansion would mean the 4 conference would likely be split into two 4-team divisions within then. You play you division 6 times, the other in your conference 4 times. 2 games vs all the teams in the other three conferences. That would be 82 games.

did anyone else have hiller in fantasy and think he was going to dominate this year

Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast