The News From Around the League Thread - Page 21

Page 21 of 84 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: The News From Around the League Thread

Is this typical, or did they finally oversaturate the product on VS? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    Get a load of this too. Games involving the Rangers are 3 of the 4 lowest viewed Versus games this year

http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/20...rom-last-week/
    Well, despite what common wisdom says, Rangers are one of the most boring teams to watch, not the Devils. Not even last year`s Lemaire`s Devils.

Our local boards are filled with hockey junkies (Pens/Avs/Ducks/Kings... fans) and many of them watch games all around the league. They all hate watching the Rangers. Coincidence? I don`t think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    Get a load of this too. Games involving the Rangers are 3 of the 4 lowest viewed Versus games this year

http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/20...rom-last-week/
    Quote Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
    Is this typical, or did they finally oversaturate the product on VS? lol
    In fairness for the first half the game involving the teams that are on most frequently (Phi, Pens, NYR, Bost, DET, Chi) have been blacked out locally in those markets. VS. increased the number of games this year from about 60 to about 90, but the league didn't increase the number of times an individual team can be on exclusive. That means for the team with a higher frequency some of them have to be blacked out locally in the market. They also stacked those black out games all in the first half for the most part outside of the Wednesday games.

Plus those Rangers-Kings, Rangers-Ducks games were the Europe games played during the day in the middle of the week and blacked out locally in NY. Meaning the only home audience for the games was 9 am local time.
    Last edited by jkrdevil; 12-20-2011 at 16:58.

Lundqvist sucks!

That is all.
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    Lundqvist sucks!

That is all.
    I second this. The only goalie on Olympics I wasn`t afraid of. Guess what. We beat them in regulation.

I am going so far as to say that Lundqvist could possibly be dominant in a way that they will change some rule. Probably equipment. Because as incredibly efficient as his style is, it's boring to watch. The acrobatic goalie with stickhandling skills is dying away and being replaced with staying in the goal covering the net to the max. It sucks for "entertainment".

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    Lundqvist sucks!

That is all.
    Hey, don't go too far out on a limb, because you could end up marrying a rival fan and change your viewpoint drastically!

Quote Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
    I am going so far as to say that Lundqvist could possibly be dominant in a way that they will change some rule. Probably equipment. Because as incredibly efficient as his style is, it's boring to watch. The acrobatic goalie with stickhandling skills is dying away and being replaced with staying in the goal covering the net to the max. It sucks for "entertainment".
    Yeah, he's a good goaltender, but just terribly boring to watch. Guys like Marty, even Thomas, are really fun to watch.

Goalies have become too cookie cutter.

I would like to see him play his true size in the net and see what he can do. He's not much bigger than Moose, and the net coverage isn't the same.

Maybe he'd be more "skilled" and less angle oriented if half of his playing weight wasn't equipment, who knows? lol.

>start topic about how she hates people who talk about Lundqvists pad size on a Devils forum
    >gets mad when Devils fans tell the truth

HFBoards!

Page 21 of 84 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 71 ... LastLast