The News From Around the League Thread - Page 50

Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 60 ... LastLast

Thread: The News From Around the League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    I'm sure he'll be fine, but it's risky. He's an odd case.
    Well, if you start feeling a little gimpy, the guaranteed money in the NHL starts looking better

http://tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=390210
    Halmo got suspended for his hit on Yakupov.

That is ridiculous. That was a completely clean hit.
    aka Tedenby21

Still don't understand what you're supposed to do there, skate away from him?

Ultimately the player that gets hit has to be held accountable for their positioning as well, that's a joke, he's folded up deep in the slot. I understand that CHL is a league with (mostly) kids and you don't want stuff like this happening, but at the same time, it's hockey.

Its the CHL. No big deal.
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by devilzrule27 View Post
    He comes back now and he will fulfill the final year on his deal with Nashville an would be eligible to be a FA.
    I think everybody understands Radulov's motivation for coming back now. Does anyone understand why the Preds don't force him to come back next year and play out a whole year of his contract instead of just the dozen games and playoffs?

I'd say, "If you want to play in the NHL, see you in September." and let him decide how much he wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big#D View Post
    I think everybody understands Radulov's motivation for coming back now. Does anyone understand why the Preds don't force him to come back next year and play out a whole year of his contract instead of just the dozen games and playoffs?

I'd say, "If you want to play in the NHL, see you in September." and let him decide how much he wants it.
    Because they are trying to win to convince to the two most important players in their franchises history to sign long term contracts and having Radulov in the lineup exponentially helps those chances.
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

I'm assuming that by exponentially, you mean going from a 5% chance of winning the Western Conference to 7.5%. They aren't going to win with or without him and they are wasting a year of his playing time with a transaction that amounts to trading Anssi Salmela for Nik Havelid.

They are also giving in to a guy that should be treated like Yashin and not be given everything he asks for.

Doesn't it seem that Tim Thomas got burned mentally or something from that White House debacle? He's not been the same since.

Just a coincidence I think.
    I came in peace.

It must`ve had *some* impact.

Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 60 ... LastLast