The News From Around the League Thread - Page 51

Page 51 of 84 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 ... LastLast

Thread: The News From Around the League Thread

Article on the league's playoff media efforts.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/15/bu...ames.html?_r=1

And a reminder that starting this year all playoff games will be available nationally on NBC, NBC Sports Network, CNBC, or NHL Network. 1st round games will be blacked out locally still for the regionals (MSG), but playoffs go exclusively national starting in the second round now.

Also according the the article nbcsports.com will be streaming all the games.

Quote Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
    US only I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
    US only I assume?
    Yes, I would assume. NBC doesn't have global rights.

Quote Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
    Article on the league's playoff media efforts.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/15/bu...ames.html?_r=1

And a reminder that starting this year all playoff games will be available nationally on NBC, NBC Sports Network, CNBC, or NHL Network. 1st round games will be blacked out locally still for the regionals (MSG), but playoffs go exclusively national starting in the second round now.

They've streamed all the games on NBC this year but have so far not streamed a single game that was on VS/NBCSN. Hopefully that changes for the playoffs because NHL gamecenter doesn't cover games on NBC and NBCSN.
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by devilzrule27 View Post
    They've streamed all the games on NBC this year but have so far not streamed a single game that was on VS/NBCSN. Hopefully that changes for the playoffs because NHL gamecenter doesn't cover games on NBC and NBCSN.
    Yea, gamecenter (except for the phone app) and center ice look to be no more come playoff time.

And if we end up drawing Florida I can guarantee the entire series ends up on NHL Network (though for me that is still better that past years).

Tom Gulitti ‏ @TGfireandice
    Little-known clause in CBA forbids opposing team from playing No.1 goalie in Sidney Crosby return games.

Sometimes TG has a good sense of humor.
    aka Tedenby21

I came in peace.

For a guy who didn't want to play there, he sure has changed his tune. I like that.

Page 51 of 84 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 ... LastLast