The News From Around the League Thread - Page 61

Page 61 of 84 FirstFirst ... 11 515960616263 71 ... LastLast

Thread: The News From Around the League Thread

Night y`all, don`t kill each other eh? See ya.

There will be mayhem and there will most certainly be murder.
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
    And remember one thing about markets like Winnipeg, I know Canadians hate this concept, but there is zero room for growth, in this case, literally. Once they find the pain point for ticket sales, they cannot earn any additional revenue on a year to year basis other than inflation.
    The Canadians on HF aren't a representative of guys like Bob McKenzie, or me, or the rest of Canada. We know there are downsides to this deal, and it could end up falling flat. Ticket prices is the only way they get more money, and that will happen if they sustain success in the form of playoffs.

I'm going to murder his argument, for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
    Night y`all, don`t kill each other eh? See ya.
    Haha, this isn't HF. Barty and I are best friends and Sith buddies, this is what we do.

**** you, Cor.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    The Canadians on HF aren't a representative of guys like Bob McKenzie, or me, or the rest of Canada. We know there are downsides to this deal, and it could end up falling flat. Ticket prices is the only way they get more money, and that will happen if they sustain success in the form of playoffs.
    It's not going to fall flat because the franchise it replaced was dead in the water, I just don't think it was that big of a deal, what they have signed on for is basically, accounting for playoff money, maybe $85-100M a year instead of $60-70M a year. As for regular season hockey related money, year 1 is probably going to be the biggest year unless they can push the prices up (keep in mind that people have lock-in deals when they signed up, so it's not even like they can jack the tickets through the roof, there's probably a % escalator attached.)

As the saying goes, gotta keep the Canadian enemies close.
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    Anchorman 2 being made.

As opposed to GTA team #2, which I think could probably do 90% of the business the Leafs do. So many people shut out in that huge market. Every time they appease the Leafs (and I guess the Sabres too), they screw themselves and I don't understand why they do this.

Page 61 of 84 FirstFirst ... 11 515960616263 71 ... LastLast