The News From Around the League Thread - Page 74

Page 74 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24 647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 836

Thread: The News From Around the League Thread

                  
   
   
   
  1. #731
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    Not for one team. You don't see the NHL catering to the Lightning because they have Stamkos. In fact, if you were a casual sports fan you wouldn't know who the hell Steven Stamkos was. That's because the NHL has done a terrible job marketing its stars.

    The NHL had an opportunity to start showcasing more of their stars when the goldenboy was hurt for the past year but declined. Too bad, because I'd rather watch 91 down in Tampa over that whiny baby in Pittsburgh.
    I hear this constantly, but know one ever says what exactly the league should be doing differently. It is hard to market players broadly when you just battling for general attention among the sports media. Tampa has been highlighted this year, they just have been on NBCSN about 4 times in the last two weeks. they just happened to suck this year after a surprising season last year. If the Lightning are good guess who is getting hype?

    Crosby and Ovechkin have extra hype behind them because the came in after the missed season so they had the how will they save the league as a business story behind them. If there is an 05 season neither one would have that hype that the got, because the attention before would be one the games and season prior.

    Anyways the whole the league should market players thing is overblown. Players in the grand scheme of things are temporary. Thier careers aren't that long to begin with and there is always the injury factor that could cut it shorter. When the players are gone you are back to square one. For long term success you have to sell the game itself.

  2. #732
    crosbys a fuckin *****. i hope chris pronger comes out of retirement and turns hiim into jello puddin

  3. #733
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    I mean, those sports news organizations who showed the Pens-Flyers incident last week didn't even bother to show what led up to Schenn cross-checking Crosby. If you weren't watching that game or weren't a big hockey fan, you were led to believe that Schenn was a thug with an unprovoked attack on the guy.
    Welcome to the media. Happens constantly, not just in sports as well.

    And for the record I agree with Brooks here.

  4. #734
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ned Stark View Post
    crosbys a fuckin *****. i hope chris pronger comes out of retirement and turns hiim into jello puddin
    pronger is jello pudding himself.
    aka Tedenby21

  5. #735
    Quote Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
    I hear this constantly, but know one ever says what exactly the league should be doing differently. It is hard to market players broadly when you just battling for general attention among the sports media. Tampa has been highlighted this year, they just have been on NBCSN about 4 times in the last two weeks. they just happened to suck this year after a surprising season last year. If the Lightning are good guess who is getting hype?

    Crosby and Ovechkin have extra hype behind them because the came in after the missed season so they had the how will they save the league as a business story behind them. If there is an 05 season neither one would have that hype that the got, because the attention before would be one the games and season prior.

    Anyways the whole the league should market players thing is overblown. Players in the grand scheme of things are temporary. Thier careers aren't that long to begin with and there is always the injury factor that could cut it shorter. When the players are gone you are back to square one. For long term success you have to sell the game itself.
    What the league should be doing differently is not having a double standard when it comes to enforcement of rules. A guy gets fined 20K for comments but the offender that provoked those comments doesn't get anything? And the most he'd get fined would be 2.5k.

    One rule for all teams is what I want.
    I came in peace.

  6. #736
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    What the league should be doing differently is not having a double standard when it comes to enforcement of rules. A guy gets fined 20K for comments but the offender that provoked those comments doesn't get anything? And the most he'd get fined would be 2.5k.

    One rule for all teams is what I want.
    I agree. Part of that is a CBA issue with a max fine for players

    EDIT: Damn you auto correct
    Last edited by jkrdevil; 04-06-2012 at 15:22.

  7. #737
    One thing is a bit strange, and that is how Malkin is whining when he can hardly speak English.

  8. #738
    Quote Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
    One thing is a bit strange, and that is how Malkin is whining when he can hardly speak English.
    He`s not. When Torts gets going it`s one avalanche. He mixed it up altogether.

  9. #739
    DarrenDreger: No supplemental discipline for Brooks Orpik's hit last night on Stepan.

    just make it 100k already. haha

  10. #740
    But that hit WAS not intentional and vicious. That's where Torts is screwing up, saying it was sickening.

Page 74 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24 647273747576 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NHL2.com NHL Game Day League
    By Catamo in forum Fantasy GMs Needed
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 00:29
  2. Devils News Thread (Urbom + Tao recalled)
    By devilzrule27 in forum New Jersey Devils
    Replies: 1305
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 13:30
  3. Join the FHS Fantasy League
    By Aaron Brouwer in forum Fantasy GMs Needed
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 15:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •