The News From Around the League Thread - Page 83

Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 33 7381828384 LastLast

Thread: The News From Around the League Thread

Kathryn Tappen ‏ @KathrynTappen
    No surprise here: #NYR Henrik Lundqvist, #LAK Jonathan Quick & #NSH Pekka Rinne have been named finalists for this year's Vezina Trophy

All I want for Xmas is Vezina for Quick.

I'd love to see Detroit fined and lose draft picks as a result of this though. Not because I think they deserve it. Just because.

I'm still pissed that we have to give up our 1st and lost our 3rd, and the $ fine. F that BS.

No, CJ, Quick didn't have one good month, he was good all the time. I'm sorry Tony beats you that you have to be a Ranger fan. Lundqvist was outstanding this year and he's a phenomenal goalie, but Quick's the better goalie, Quick's the better goalie, Quick's the better goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    No, CJ, Quick didn't have one good month, he was good all the time. I'm sorry Tony beats you that you have to be a Ranger fan. Lundqvist was outstanding this year and he's a phenomenal goalie, but Quick's the better goalie, Quick's the better goalie, Quick's the better goalie.
    I think they've both had an outstanding year and I think either is arguable. I'd probably give it to Lundqvist over Quick only for the fact that I believe Lundqvist took a shittier team to challenge for the Presidents' Trophy whereas Quick took a talented Los Angeles team to 8th place. Really it just means that Lundqvist is more of a Hart candidate than a Vezina. And really, it should mean that Tortellini gets the Adams (except that Hitchcock did a better job in a smaller amount of time), because John is really the team MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Big#D View Post
    I think they've both had an outstanding year and I think either is arguable. I'd probably give it to Lundqvist over Quick only for the fact that I believe Lundqvist took a shittier team to challenge for the Presidents' Trophy whereas Quick took a talented Los Angeles team to 8th place. Really it just means that Lundqvist is more of a Hart candidate than a Vezina. And really, it should mean that Tortellini gets the Adams (except that Hitchcock did a better job in a smaller amount of time), because John is really the team MVP.
    Exactly. lol

That`s my reasoning. And I`d give it to Quick since he had LESS talented defense in front of him.

Those Kings don't make the playoffs without Quick. He had to carry that team while they played like **** all season long.

Rangers are probably still a playoff team if Biron was their starter.

It should be Quicks Vezina but he wont win it cause he plays on the west coast. Oh well.
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    Stop being mean to the Rangers! You're gonna make CJ mad!!!!!!!!!
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
    Exactly. lol

That`s my reasoning. And I`d give it to Quick since he had LESS talented defense in front of him.
    i'd argue the less talented part. rangers d-men had a better year. i'm not so sure they're the more talented group. and if they are, not by much.

Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 33 7381828384 LastLast