Who actually thinks the devils will make the POs - Page 6

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Who actually thinks the devils will make the POs

Quote Originally Posted by devilzrule27 View Post
    Thats where we fundamentally disagree. If this team wants to be actual contenders they need to have patience and if that means being a bubble team for a few years so be it.
    Just for the record: I`m NOT saying we should give up on half of our prospects in order to get the missing pieces, but some change has to be made.

I don`t mind few years of growing pains, I`ve been supporting this team since I was a little kid (weird case for a European), this changes nothing for me. I just don`t think it`s necessary. I honestly believe there`s a different way. Compromise of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
    Just for the record: I`m NOT saying we should give up on half of our prospects in order to get the missing pieces, but some change has to be made.

I don`t mind few years of growing pains, I`ve been supporting this team since I was a little kid (weird case for a European), this changes nothing for me. I just don`t think it`s necessary. I honestly believe there`s a different way. Compromise of some sort.
    The way I look at it is that the finishing pieces should be added later. Get the development out of the way and once we are ready for the next step then we make our moves to fill whatever holes we have left.
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

All I know is that this year every ***ing point will be crucial to get. In a way, it makes the season more interesting. I just cannot imagine getting above Pens, Flyers and Rangers in the division. That makes 6th the highest we can get, and that's pretty hard being 4th in a division. The math is a bit against us.

The way I look at it is that the finishing pieces should be added later. Get the development out of the way and once we are ready for the next step then we make our moves to fill whatever holes we have left.
    So what`s your projected timetable then? Two-three-four years? Do you realize that would most likely mean losing Parise and completely wasting Kovalchuk`s prime?

This is my feeling on the defense. It will take at least until next year for it to be better than it is now. Salvador will be gone and we will either bring someone in from free agency or bring Urbom up. The problem with Urbom is we will have to deal with his rookie mistakes. I'm going to sound like DATW but this defense needs more movement. Every defenseman should be able to move the puck well. While Volchenkov isn't great at it, he is better than Salvador at it.

So what`s your projected timetable then? Two-three-four years? Do you realize that would most likely mean losing Parise and completely wasting Kovalchuk`s prime?
    I don't think it will take that long. I'm thinking this year and probably next year. Year 3 is a tossup. Depends on where people are and who is available.

A lot of our young players are pro ready. Its just now a matter of experience.
    Follow my twitters and I'll follow your twitters and we can twitters together all the time!

I don't think it will take that long. I'm thinking this year and probably next year. Year 3 is a tossup. Depends on where people are and who is available.

A lot of our young players are pro ready. Its just now a matter of experience.
    NSH did too. I see more promising thing from their`s as of now. Though Henrique and Larsson are different dimension, but you already know that.

We`ll see, but two more years without any guarantee of making the POs? Idk pal, idk.

NSH did too. I see more promising thing from their`s as of now. Though Henrique and Larsson are different dimension, but you already know that.

We`ll see, but two more years without any guarantee of making the POs? Idk pal, idk.
    Can't say I'd love it either, haha. But I do think it's the best way to go about it. Then again what the hell do i know. hahaha

Looking at the standings, to reach the playoffs I think Toronto needs to get back to be the team we all know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
    Looking at the standings, to reach the playoffs I think Toronto needs to get back to be the team we all know and love.
    Mission accomplished. Hehe

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast