OT: The Out of Town Watch - Page 14

Page 14 of 306 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: The Out of Town Watch

The east is just pretty bad in general. I don't know if we'd do too well out there, either. Luckily I don't think we go.

Quote Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
    The east is just pretty bad in general. I don't know if we'd do too well out there, either. Luckily I don't think we go.
    I'm not completely sure I agree with that. I think the east, for all its flaws, is far more competitive than the west top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
    I'm not completely sure I agree with that. I think the east, for all its flaws, is far more competitive than the west top to bottom.
    I haven't watched too much Western hockey for the last month and a half because of the new job. My impression of the East is a great team in Boston, two very good teams in Rangers and Philly, and then varying degrees of "meh". I mean, from the Devils perspective, they're what, 6th, and their competition behind them (ignoring the Pens), is Florida, Toronto and Winnipeg. Florida is slowly sinking, Washington will take them sooner or later, Toronto is starting to slump their way to their usually finish, and you've seen Winnipeg the last two outings.

I just think the East is more "competitive" because there's so many mediocre and worse teams. I mean, the Rangers are good, but 116 point good? No way, that says something about the teams they're playing.

Agreed with GIC, completely.

Pretty odd, 5 games finished 4-1 tonight. One of which was Buffalo losing, of course.

It's time for Lindy to go.

i'd argue west has more talent/competition but idk anymore. some teams i thought were elite werent (ducks)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ned Stark View Post
    i'd argue west has more talent/competition but idk anymore. some teams i thought were elite werent (ducks)
    The problem is they weren`t elite. Not even last year.

They`ve always had the same problems, not enough quality/maturity on defense, lack of bottom6 depth scoring, team defense in general. The difference was that their best players were their best players. They`ve been in a nutshell so far this year (Selanne`s been good) so all those deficiencies are being exposed.
    Last edited by Getzo5; 01-19-2012 at 21:09.

I see a lot of similarities between the devils and the ducks. Take away our top 2 lines performance thus far and you have two teams who have underperforming superstars and pedestrian defense lol

Hiller is still one of my fav goalies though

Well, we keep 7th. Pens get the extra point, and WSH is one point behind. Fucking three point games.

Page 14 of 306 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 64 114 ... LastLast