OT: The Out of Town Watch - Page 52

Page 52 of 306 FirstFirst ... 2 425051525354 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: The Out of Town Watch

Quote Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
    I'm starting to think we could beat the Rangers in a seven game series. They are regressive and if they get taken out of their game they're not that great.

Problem with drawing them is 1) you'd have to suck pretty hard to draw them and 2) if you do draw them and win, that means you get Boston because of the re-draw.
    I think we could take them. But yeah, the Big Prize for doing so will probably be Boston, so good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    We can handle anyone in the East save Boston. Steer clear of them and we should see round 2. The key is to try and get as high as possible to avoid them for as long as you can.

The Crosby fueled Penguins could be a problem too. But Philly with Bryzgoalov in net and all that pressure is pretty laughable. Especially with Pronger, Richards and Carter gone.
    Like you said, I'm only afraid of Boston in the playoffs. We've been better against them, but we haven't been able to close them out all season. I'm not too worried about the Penguins because we have played well against them the last 3 seasons.
    aka Tedenby21

The Penguins we played a couple of months ago and the Penguins in playoff will be two different beasts, I think.

And Crosby will be hungry. Though he's a hit away from vegetable land.

Quote Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
    The Penguins we played a couple of months ago and the Penguins in playoff will be two different beasts, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
    And Crosby will be hungry. Though he's a hit away from vegetable land.
    Is Letang still out? Also, as bad as it is, I'd bet that every player in the NHL is going to make Crosby's life a living hell during the playoffs.
    aka Tedenby21

I'd be disappointed if they didn't try and hit Crosby. You can't shy away from him, no one did from Lindros, or Roenick and yeah, Letang is still out, if they get him, Crosby a healthy Staal and Malkin they're going to be a force. For all the complaining we do about not having a fully healthy team over the years, Pittsburgh has been much worse IMO. I can't remember the last time Staal, Malkin, Crosby, Letang and Fleury were all in the same game together. Maybe they had one or two this year and the Winter Classic last season. But it's been a nightmare for them.

I'm starting to think we could beat the Rangers in a seven game series. They are regressive and if they get taken out of their game they're not that great.

Problem with drawing them is 1) you'd have to suck pretty hard to draw them and 2) if you do draw them and win, that means you get Boston because of the re-draw.
    If we finish as the 6th seed and get the SE winner we would likely draw Rangers in round 2 (unless Boston got upset). That is probably the ideal draw for us. Finish 5 (or 4) you are likely getting the Pittsburgh (with Crosby) and then Boston side of the bracket.

I think jrk said that this Rangers team is like the 07 Devils - a team that relied way too much on its goaltender and got exposed by a more complete team in the playoffs.

As for Boston, you have to go through them, or Pittsburgh eventually. I want to avoid the 7 seed at all costs, but I'd be infinitely more confident against Boston in the 2nd or 3rd round because the team will be playing with more momentum and confidence.
    I came in peace.

Kicking Rangers out in playoffs would be though

I don't know if my heart would survive a Devils vs. Rangers playoff series.
    aka Tedenby21

Page 52 of 306 FirstFirst ... 2 425051525354 62 102 152 ... LastLast