Devils News Thread (Urbom + Tao recalled) - Page 129

Page 129 of 131 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119127128129130131 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1306

Thread: Devils News Thread (Urbom + Tao recalled)

Quote Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
    I'd be cool with picking up Penner
    at the right price and length of contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Zajac's Bowl Cut View Post
    I just don't want Sykora back

at all.
    i'm right there with you. i knew he would be too tired by the time playoffs rolled around.
    aka Tedenby21

I'd like a non-retarded coach, too, but that might be asking for too much. I suppose Deboer deserves another year since he did bring the Devils back to the playoffs. He's been pathetic in this series, though.

He is a good coach when it comes to the players. He is a bad coach when it comes to line matching. He doesn't seem to know how to outsmart the other coach.
    aka Tedenby21

I can't stand that we never get guys in front of the net when cycling the puck behind the net and in the corners.

Quote Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post
    I can't stand that we never get guys in front of the net when cycling the puck behind the net and in the corners.
    I think that's just our players. They have been horrible in front of the net for as long as I can remember. Parise used to be good at it but it seems like he can't bury any rebounds this season.
    aka Tedenby21

That's on the players. What is he supposed to do? Go and drag them on the ice and put them there?

I'm sick and tired of the coach bashing. It's on the players, they play the game and they're the ones who aren't nutting it up. Stop blaming the damned coach. It's become such an easy excuse for the players and the fans.

***** Kovalchuk plays a perimeter game, Parise is non-existent, Clarkson has done nothing.

Zubrus, Elias, Fayne, Greene and Marty along with the 4th line are the only ones consistently performing.

He's not being outsmarted by Dineen in any way. The only time Dineen has called time was after the Panthers were down 3-2 in game one. After that, he did it again at 3-0 in the third. Lets not pretend Dineen has been Laviolette. He's been lucky that the pucks are bouncing the Panthers way right now and their PP is amazing. The Devils haven't done anything different on the PK than in the regular season, but it's just working in the Panthers favor for whatever reason. They've been some stinky power play goals as well.

All Dineen has done has flip-flopped goalies like a fiend and it's pissing me off. If we score five on Theodore on Tuesday and win, then you just know he'll throw Clemmensen back in there on Thursday and despite what gic says, switching between a left catching goalie and a right catching goalie is annoying for a shooter.

I wasn't really talking about this series. I feel like DeBoer has been better than the regular season. During the regular season he really annoyed me with his line matching. I get that sometimes you don't want to line match every single line, but you can't consistently play your 4th line against another team's 1st line.
    aka Tedenby21

The 4th line stuff is overblown when you look at Kovalchuk and Parise's minutes. Those guys barely played.

Hell, now, I'd prefer the 4th line out than those poofters we send out now.

the Deboer hate is silly. why is it always the coaches fault? we scored 0 goals in game 5. our best players need to be our best players. Martin Brodeur has 1 point less than Parise and Kovalchuk. think about that.

we have two guys with six points in five games, combined while Claude Giroux had 14 points n six.

Parise and Kovalchuk aren't even in the top 50 of NHL playoff scoring. Such superstars as Sean Bergenheim, Matt Cooke, Gabriel Bourque, Tyler Kennedy and Rich Peverley are ahead of them

We have 12 goals and 13 given up, they have 13 and 12 so it's not like either team is doing a fantastic job.

Page 129 of 131 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119127128129130131 LastLast