Devils News Thread (Urbom + Tao recalled) - Page 13

Page 13 of 131 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Devils News Thread (Urbom + Tao recalled)

Urbom sent back down, Tally back at practice.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...ur_patrik.html

We were so up and down all year, but we're 7-8 points away from the Rangers and Boston in the top positions. The top team in the league (Chicago) has 50 points. We're learning to play a new system. It's a different animal for a lot of the guys here. Guys are enjoying it. Look at the flow of the practices compared to past years. It's crazy. It's a totally different kind of team with the enthusiasm guys have playing together. There are a lot of good things, but to be a contender there are a lot of things you need to be better at. I'm sure every team will tell you the same thing.
    It's good to hear the optimism coming from Marty and Patty

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
    Yea I've definately been pleased with the enthusiasm and fun this team seems to be having

It's a nice fresh breath of air from the negative comments we were starting to hear from Langs, Pandolfo, Madden, and even Gionta - guys who felt they were entitled or something because they had been with us for so long
    Yeah the guys said a lot of positive things about Langenbrunner after he was traded, but it's pretty safe to say that the team is much better off since then. And the team seems a lot looser and playing a lot less stiff.

Your right, the team seems to be having a lot more fun - maybe because there's less pressure on them too.

Josefson skating with the team!

When he gets back:
    Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk
    Zubrus-Elias-Sykora
    Josefson-Zajac-Clarkson
    Tedenby-Carter-Sestito

I know they will probably send Sestito back and keep the terrible two, but still I can dream.

I don't know what to think about Josefson being back. I don't want them to rush him back if he isn't 100%.

Zubrus-Elias-Sykora
    Tedenby-Zajac-Clarkson
    Boulton-Josefson-Carter
    aka Tedenby21

Pretty interesting...for the last 7 or so years we haven't had two decent centers on the team at the same time...

Now Henrique, Zajac, Elias, and Josefson and one most likely will have to move to wing...very good problem to have. Get this defense healthy and all the components should come together in the second half.

If we can have a healthy defense I would like to see us play 7 d-men and 11 forwards.

Zubrus-Elias-Sykora
    Tedenby-Zajac-Clarkson
    (double shift)-Josefson-Carter

Tallinder-Fayne
    Salvador-Larsson
    Volchenkov-Greene
    Foster

You could put switch Teddy and Josefson and switch Carter to center on the 4th line. The thought of having a competent 4th line is amazing.

Another possibility is to make a trade and pick up a top d-man at the deadline.
    aka Tedenby21

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    If we can have a healthy defense I would like to see us play 7 d-men and 11 forwards.

Zubrus-Elias-Sykora
    Tedenby-Zajac-Clarkson
    (double shift)-Josefson-Carter

Tallinder-Fayne
    Salvador-Larsson
    Volchenkov-Greene
    Foster

You could put switch Teddy and Josefson and switch Carter to center on the 4th line. The thought of having a competent 4th line is amazing.

Another possibility is to make a trade and pick up a top d-man at the deadline.
    I like the idea of the 7 defenseman 11 forwards, since we basically only play 11 forwards anyway, but I think Tedenby needes to see some AHL time and Josefson's return makes that possible. I'd keep one of Cam or Boulton in the lineup to play with Carter - preferably Boulton for most nights - and move Yayo to the 3rd line.

And I'd use Taormina instead of Foster, but I don't know if DeBoer (and Oates) would agree.

Foster needs to hit the bricks

he has been awful lately

Which is better? A small, mobile defenseman that gets manhandled in the corners or big defenseman that can't skate or play defense? I found the Foster move curious, I would have rather just run with what we had.

I don't think generating offence from the defense should be a priority with how loose this defense has been. 100+ goals allowed in 36 games is a problem that needs to be fixed and it is more of a pressing issue than the pp or the breakouts.

But personally I don't like DeBoer's system. His system creates an inherent lack of forward support to a weak defense. This system would be great with a more talented defense but we don't have that...an my personal opinion is a coach needs to adapt to his roster. It makes no sense whatsoever to generate and extra 20 goals through a more aggressive system all while allowing an extra 20 goals because of an aggressive system.

I understand that we are in a transition, but I don't like the destination.

Page 13 of 131 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 63 113 ... LastLast