Devils News Thread (Urbom + Tao recalled) - Page 2

Page 2 of 131 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Devils News Thread (Urbom + Tao recalled)

Quote Originally Posted by SLNP View Post
    Looks like teddy is on the 2nd line now.
    About time.

Quote Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
    About time.
    When I heard this while in class

Who's he replacing?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
    Who's he replacing?
    The lines in practice were:

Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk
    Tedenby-Elias-Sykora
    Zubrus-Carter-Clarkson
    Boulton-Sesito-Palmieri

Nice. I said yesterday that Boo on that line would be a good idea. They need a shot of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by devilzrule27 View Post
    Nice. I said yesterday that Boo on that line would be a good idea. They need a shot of energy.
    Yeah, the old man line has slowed down a bit. No rational fan was expecting Elias to keep up a PPG pace so mixing that line up is a good idea. Hopefully Tedenby can pot a couple - he's due.

he's been overdue. little fireball just can't buy a goal.

he's been overdue. little fireball just can't buy a goal.
    And he's playing with so much better set up men. Clarkson never passes the puck and Carter's a 4th line center ideally. Elias and Sykora are creative with the puck. He'll get his chances that he doesn't have to manufacture by himself.

Watch the Devils go on a winning streak now. He may be a terrible player, but he could be a good luck charm.

Looks like Sir Claude stopped by today (would love to draft his son btw if these similar traits to his dad thing is for real)

Former Devil Claude Lemieux was at Air Canada Centre this morning to film an interview with MSG Network for Scott Niedermayer’s number retirement ceremony on Dec. 16. Lemieux said he moved to Toronto two years ago, so his son, Brendan, could play a higher level of youth hockey.

Brendan, a 15-year-old left wing, is eligible for the next OHL draft, and apparently plays a bit like his father.

“We’ll find out whether he’s going to go to college,” the 1995 Conn Smythe winner said. “We’re in the process of looking at options. He competes really hard. He’s got a lot of the same qualities that I had and the same problems that I had. But he’s doing well. He controls his emotions probably better than I did.”

Lemieux has two jobs. He runs the North American division of a Switzerland-based player agency, 4Sports and Entertainment, from an office in Toronto, and he is also the chairman of Graf Canada (hockey equipment).

“I’m on the road quite a bit,” he said.

Lemieux won’t be there when Niedermayer’s No. 27 is retired a week from Friday, but he says it’s definitely something Niedermayer deserves.

“It’s not a surprise,” said Lemieux, who played with Niedermayer on the Devils’ 1995 and 2000 Stanley Cup teams. “It’s a great honor, obviously well deserved. He’ll be going in the Hockey Hall of Fame very soon and he’s one of the best of all time.”

Page 2 of 131 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 ... LastLast