Devils News Thread (Urbom + Tao recalled) - Page 51

Page 51 of 131 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Devils News Thread (Urbom + Tao recalled)

Nice, so it'll be Roldy tomorrow.

Wrong thread, the spectacular is one down

Is it me or does it always seem like it is Devils All The Way is the one that always seems to here the mysterious radio interviews that no one else can find (even though said stations archives their interviews)?

What did he find now?

Quote Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
    Is it me or does it always seem like it is Devils All The Way is the one that always seems to here the mysterious radio interviews that no one else can find (even though said stations archives their interviews)?
    So you don't believe all those Mario Tremblay interviews.

Is Mark Fayne going to be today's version of Tommy Albelin or Bruce Driver? He along with Clarkson are my favorite Devils as I always love the 2nd tier players more for whatever reason. I loved Tommy A. and thought he was a very underrated piece of the puzzle years ago. Can Fayne develop his offensive game further? He has excellent size and very good mobility. If he could get a bit more nose for offense he could be a .5 points per game player. As he is right now I think he is at .36 points per game this year. Not bad for someone who wasn't on anyones radar a bit more than a year ago.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

He'll never be more than a 25-35 point man, but he's really, really gone above and beyond expectations. He's definitely a top four defenseman.

Quote Originally Posted by vonbonds View Post
    Is Mark Fayne going to be today's version of Tommy Albelin or Bruce Driver? He along with Clarkson are my favorite Devils as I always love the 2nd tier players more for whatever reason. I loved Tommy A. and thought he was a very underrated piece of the puzzle years ago. Can Fayne develop his offensive game further? He has excellent size and very good mobility. If he could get a bit more nose for offense he could be a .5 points per game player. As he is right now I think he is at .36 points per game this year. Not bad for someone who wasn't on anyones radar a bit more than a year ago.
    He's not Bruce Driver, Driver was a far superior offensive player. He's got a bit of Tommy Albelin in him, though. Similar styles of play and strengths and weaknesses. Albelin was, however, the superior defenseman - at least compared to Fayne circa 2011. But Fayne's still young and has room for further improvement. Personally, I'd like him to focus on his defense - his offense is essentially sufficient for the kind of player I think he should be.

I just compared him to Driver as a second pairing reference but I agree with your thoughts. I think Fayne has more upside as he hasn't shown anything yet that says he isn't done improving his game. Fayne is turning into what we all hoped Tallinder would be from day 1 last year.
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Quote Originally Posted by vonbonds View Post
    I just compared him to Driver as a second pairing reference but I agree with your thoughts. I think Fayne has more upside as he hasn't shown anything yet that says he isn't done improving his game. Fayne is turning into what we all hoped Tallinder would be from day 1 last year.
    Tallinder on a good day is an extremely solid defensive defenseman, significantly stronger than Fayne on his best day to date. But I think Fayne has Tallinder+ defense and better consistency somewhere in him, along with his already superior offense.

Page 51 of 131 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 101 ... LastLast